"One of my children used my Credit Card without my permission and ordered a Canon XA10. As soon as I found out, I went online to see the status of the order. It said will ship within 24-48 hours. It was ordered on 3/28/2013. I sent several emails to ElectricSam since 4/1/2013, to CANCEL THE ORDER! Not once has he replied! I tried calling several times, and he NEVER ANSWERS THE PHONE! And YES, I called during business hours! As of Today, which is 4/11/2013, when I login to the account created in my name, it shows NEW ORDER! Hey ElectricSAM, IF you're READING THIS, CANCEL THE ORDER!!!!!!!! DO NOT EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM ELECTRICSAM! HE IS AN ELECTRIC-SCAM!
Update: As of 5/3/2013, the order on their website still says NEW ORDER! I've sent many emails, one day I sent 100 emails to cancel the order. NOT ONCE has ElectricSam replied to any of my emails. I also reported them to the BBB on the 16th of April, and they still didn't reply! So when they say all orders ship within 24 to 48 hours, that's a total LIE! All the excellent reviews they have on this site are probably made by employees or family of ElectricSam. I wouldn't trust any of them! You are better off paying a little more from a trust worthy site like AMAZON. DON'T BE SCAMMED BY ELECTRICSAM!

"I ordered a d3100 combo pack on 12/12/12. On 12/18 I still had not received an email saying they had even processed the order. I called them up and after hanging up and trying about 5 more times I finally talked to someone who then transferred me to the packaging department. I could not get an answer on the phone. I tried again the next day and finally talked to someone who knew something about my order. He told me that the bundle did not come with a battery. I had to add that because the camera is obviously useless without one, which was $60. Why does a bundle come with a case, tripod, memory card, etc. and no battery?! I wanted it by Xmas and that would have been possible for free if they had shipped it within the "24-48" hours they had promised. I had to pay an extra $40. I also got UV lenses. My total jumped from $518 to $670. What pissed me off the most is that if I hadnt talked to someone, god only knows when it would have shipped, and it would have shipped without a battery. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS AGAIN WITH THESE MORONS AND WILL TELL EVERYONE TO STAY FAR AWAY UNLESS THEY LIKE BABYSITTING PEOPLE WHO PROCESS THEIR ORDERS!!!"

"I would definately buy from Electric Sam again!! Great Customer service!! Everything they said was true!! Thanks!!"

"I ordered a Nikon D5000 through Electric Sam, and much like other reviewers, I was given the order confirmation email but it never progressed beyond that. I waited, but did not receive any additionals emails. After two weeks, I called and decided to go through the customer support line. I was put in queue and waited for over an hour with no response. I hung up and immediately called and went through the sales line and my call was answered within seconds. I promptly cancelled my order."

modified review This review was modified by hambergm84 on November 05 2012 09:58:10 AM

"I ordered a Canon XA10 on Sept. 27th, with an expected shipping time of 24 to 48 hours. My order never progressed from the "new" order area to the "shipped" order area on their website. I called and sent emails for about three weeks. I finally got a phone call answered on October 15th. The gentleman told me that they had sent me two emails explaining that "they had to confirm the order prior to shipping", and that the item was back-ordered. The only email that I had received from them was the order confirmation. I asked why they did not call me and he explained that they had been closed for holidays.... For the last 18 days, I asked. He explained that they had only been open for a couple days in that period. He then explained that my camera did not come with the battery, charger, software, connection cables, or the handle. These items were about $300 extra. I cancelled my order and I would highly recommend not doing business with electricsam. They should change their name to electricScam!"

"Ordered a camera, got a confimation "Most orders ship in 24-48 hours". Got an email 2 days later "please call us to confirm"...No answer for 3 days. Told them just ship stuff please.

******************
Edit: I got a call from the store; unfortunately it was not regarding my camera being ready to ship, it was about my review... They are trying to resolve the situation and make it better. I have a limited amount of patience but at least they are trying to fix the situation.

***************************

1 month later:

They did what they could to rectify the situation and threw in some free stuff like an extra battery. Overall, after being extremely frustrated, I am placated-or will be if the camera comes quickly and without any issues. Price was still pretty low overall

modified review This review was modified by jadog on October 25 2012 09:01:00 AM

"First the good thing; the products that I received were exactly what I wanted, and at the price I wanted. Unfortunately that is about all I have good to say about Electric Sam.
Order of events: I placed an e-commerce order for a Nikon 5100 camera bundle. On their website the order was listed as pending for two days. Two days after submitting the order I received a phone call from someone at Electric Sam to "confirm" my order. In actuality this was really an opportunity to up-sell me on other items, such as UV filters. Okay, fine, I'll go with that, although in the e-commerce era I don't expect to be upsold over the phone. The order status was waiting to ship for close to a week. I called every day to get a status, and everytime I was told the order had shipped, but that they could not provide me with a tracking number. Finally their web site showed a tracking number, just when I about to cancel the order. I received the order the following day, over night air. The order was not complete, as I had been upsold a different battery that gives something like eight hours of life, compared to the stock battery of 30 minutes. Research later shows that this is a blatant lie! The battery life is dependent on use, and is normally much longer than 30 minutes. So another call to customer service, and they have their shipping department send me another battery. Again, like on the original shipment, the tracking number provided doesn't do anything for five days, when it finally shows as being overnighted. Now I again have to call to get the actual battery, as all I received was a charger. Supposedly this is due to the battery being shipped separately, although I don't have a tracking number yet for that.
I don't recommend this company, and WILL NOT DO BUSINESS with them again!

"Great service. They utilize agents who take direct ownership of your order, walking through decisions with you and giving good advice. This is one of my favorite online merchants."

"Very tricky company! Watch out!!
Purchased Canon 60D camera kit. The lens wasn't from Canon. The guy called me to let me know about it before they charged the card. So, I agreed to that. But then the bag for the camera appeared to be non-canon also, but some cheap low quality that you don't even want to use and doesn't provide any protection for the camera. Though a CANON bag was pictured!!
Long story short, only the camera itself was Canon. The rest was whatever, and that's how they offer you the low price (in reality you are overpaying!).
Got upgraded for a memory card without even knowing it, but got charged!
Shipping time was extremely long. like in a previous review, they blame it on shipping provider.
Customer services representative is very impatient, interrupts during the conversation, increases his voice. They call you from an "unknown" number by the way.
To rate my overall experience with them, I would name them ElectricSCAM. Would never shop with them again.

modified review This review was modified by interestedper on April 23 2012 01:15:23 PM

"I was really impressed with the service. I called to change my order and was given great advice by Eli and also he gave me a great package price on all the things I wanted to add. I was very pleased and would recommend electric sam to anyone for sure. Thanks for the great service!"

"I placed an order for a battery grip for a Canon T2i which showed in Stock. This was almost 3 weeks ago. When I logged in to see my order the status showed as "backorder". I sent a couple of emails trying to get some info about this and never got a response. Finally I decided to call and cancel my order...my call got through at my first attempt so that was a plus. The person who cancelled my order whom was very rude by the way and which I found out is NOT working for this company anymore (another big plus) processed my cancelation very quick and I received an email right away with the cancelation info.

After this first shopping experience with this seller, which was not very pleasant, I received a call from a customer service rep. This time it was a world of difference and now I am beginning to believe they go that extra step in customer satisfaction and do care about their business. Can't beat their prices so I am considering in giving this seller another chance. Just a word of advice...something I always do but for some reason I forgot this time...call first or send an email and ask if what you are trying to buy is in stock, which probably it will be (if it appears in stock in their website) since my order was never processed probably from the same guy which I initially spoke to cancel my order. I'll update this review once I place another order and see how it goes this next time.

modified review This review was modified by taurus2041 on April 17 2012 03:51:11 PM

"Got a camera. Changed my review and the camera works."

modified review This review was modified by 1reviewer on April 25 2012 07:02:55 AM

"My experience with Electric Sam was quite pleasant. Delivery was faster than promised. There was a small error in what was sent, 2 filters of the same size rather than 1 each of 2 different sizes. One phone call and it was fixed. No hassles or questions. The custumor service people were very courteous."

"The order process online is easy and the price is very competitive. Good deal!"

modified review This review was modified by oski12 on May 15 2012 10:57:37 AM

"Easy ordering process - timely shipping and delivery of product - product condition excellent - I would order from ElectricSam again."

electric sam / Video Tech LLC is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

electric sam / Video Tech LLC is not a merchant member
electric sam / Video Tech LLC does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!