Stores > East Coast Photo

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"Very simply, they shipped the wrong battery, one that is not compatible with my camera, and refused to take it back. Now I am facing the hassle of credit card claim processes. AVOID. "

This review was modified by Channel99 on November 22 2015 06:40:49 PM

"In spite of all the negative reviews I order spare batteries for Nikon7000 and Sony camcorder and mobile chargers from Eastcoastphoto.
Items came in 3 business days as promised. Everything is brand new and worked well with my cameras.
I can't tell if it will last but so far I'm very pleased with my purchase experience.
Thank you Eastcoastphoto!

"Warning! I have not received battery for camera. Sent e-mail after calling their # without being able to talk to anyone, leave a message that's all you get. I just got an e-mail, automated, from eastcoastphoto representative. Closed for Holiday/Vacation, will reopen, listen to this, October 20th at 9 a.m.!
Readdress! The next day received e-mail from a different agent. Had phone # that was different than on eastcoastphoto.com site. Was able to talk to agent. She was very helpful. They are not closed. Was sent automated vacation e-mail by mistake. I received battery. It was charged and ready. If it lasts, I will buy more from East Coast Photo.

This review was modified by whfrankie on August 19 2015 05:34:46 AM

"I have had terrible experiences with East Coast Photo phone batteries. The battery worked fine for about 5 weeks then it quickly lost the ability to hold a charge. I got a replacement battery from ECP but had to pay the shipping. The second battery did the same thing. Wouldn't hold a charge at all after 5 weeks. This time ECP said they wouldn't be able to do anything about it, no replacement, no money back, nothing. Horrible customer service. Horrible batteries. Watch out for these batteries."

"BEWARE, the seller's description of items is misleading. The 500 Series Roomba parts do not fit a 595 model! The return policy says to call within 7 days of receiving (I received the package yesterday) but, they would not work with me on the return of the parts that are still in the new condition I received them. They don't fit my model so, I couldn't use them if I wanted to use them. The receptionist would not put me through to Customer Service. Finally, after multiple holds, I left her my phone number and asked that they call me in the next two hours or I will contact my credit card company and have them reverse the payment. They can deal with them. These people are extremely rude and uncooperative. "

"Ordered Rayovac batteries but they shipped Ultralast. Very misleading."

"I don't know why reason for all the negative reviews, but I couldn't be happier with my purchase so far. I ordered 2 Dynamic Power BP-827 clone batteries and Dynamic Power Charger for my Cannon HF S10 Camcorder. My order arrived via the free shipping option in the US Mail 3 days after ordering. The batteries and charger work as advertised at an outstanding price point. There is now way I would have ordered a Cannon battery due to cost. Now I have 2 high capacity batteries and charger for less than a single Cannon battery. EDIT 2/12/13: One of the batteries had a strange defect. Although useable, it was defective. When I called customer service and explained, without hesitation or prompting from me, the agent said she would ship me a new battery. I didn't even have to return the original."

This review was modified by BobInFL on February 12 2013 06:00:22 AM

"Great seller. Best prices and fast shipping. Will surely buy again from EastCoastPhoto."

"Stay away from this seller. They do not honor their own return policy. I bought an item that was not as described. When I got it, I immediately called them, got an RMA and sent it back. I never took it out of the box. Now they have the item (I have proof of delivery) but have not refunded the money. Emails and phone calls go unanswered. This is not a reputable seller."

"Fraud seller, beware!

This seller will take your money for the items that are virtually "in stock" but actually out of stock. Trying to reach them by phone or e-mail is a headache, as they would never answer.

Only after a week (and MANY e-mails to them) they refunded the cost of the lens I ordered, saying "the item is out of stock". BUT (!!!) this lens in catalog is still marked as "in stock" waiting for another unsuspecting buyer...

"got my items ontime, great selection will buy again"

"Its A Grate Web store. very food costumer service , Fast Free shipping on Almost all items. their products are Very very good. highly recommended seller"

"great site and customer service"

"I ordered 5 CF Card cases online on April 6th and paid via paypal. Never heard anything from them and could find no tracking info on their website. Finally called them on April 20th after checking to see that they still show the product as available on the website. After nearly 20 minutes they found the order and informed me that those had been out of stock for months. They did refund my money but should have been in touch with me long before I called them."

"Customer service is arrogant and does not listen. The battery I purchased for a Canon HF11 was, according to their advertisement, 100% compatible with the Canon charger. It is not. If you don't want to be lied to about the products, don't purchase from this source."

Share East Coast Photo's store rating

East Coast Photo is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

East Coast Photo is not a merchant member
East Coast Photo does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!