• Address: 1507 East Highway A Wentzville, Mo 63385
    • Contact: cs@etrailer.com
    • Phone: 800-298-8924
    • Customer Support: 800-298-8924
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday C.S.T.
    • Fax: 636-352-0143

Product & services pricing Rating 5.56/10 5.56/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.25/10 4.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10

"They screwed me too on the part where they make you pay for the original shipping costs of the order they sent out and you have to pay the shipping costs to send their shit back. We all need to get together and pay someone in MO to go visit them."

"Several months ago I asked about how to pull a fifth wheel trailer with my 5 1/2' ford f-150. The response was informative, which lead me to study more on my issue and came to a decision. I ordered a Reese hitch and sidewinder. I have installed both and they work as they should. I have plenty of clearance to make as tight of turns as necessary. Your staff made my ordering easy. Thanks for your help. William Munns"

modified review This review was modified by WilliamMunns on October 07 2014 09:28:21 AM

"I ordered a hitch for my 2013 hyundai genesis coupe and it did not fit (manufacture defect) and because of this i spent 3 hours trying to get this piece of shit on my car. I got a replace meant and they sent me the wrong hitch! for the third time i get another hitch and this one also was made improperly and would not fit! i have wasted over 6 hours dealing with this shit and all trailer could do for me was give me a 6 percent refund....so my time is worth less than a dollar an hour...thanks etrailer for you shitty customer service and your terrible manufacturer. "

modified review This review was modified by Ih8etrailer on September 26 2014 09:46:09 AM

"Product was never delivered, and awful customer service. I ordered oil bath hub covers and was given a link to THEIR tracking page for delivery. When the delivery date had come and gone (with no delivery) I contacted etrailer customer service. They then gave me an actual USPS tracking number and said the package could be picked up at my local post office. The problem is the USPS tracking site says the package is in Denver CO, not Kansas City (where I am). etrailer customer service has stopped responding, won't credit the charge or re-ship, and the charge is now in dispute."

modified review This review was modified by TWdstck on September 25 2014 07:18:19 AM

"Erika W. at etrailer went above and beyond her call of duty to help me match the hardware kit to my older tow hitch. She followed up and did a lot of legwork in tracking down exactly what I needed. If etrailer places this much emphasis on customer service, it will be around for a very long time. I am very happy with my experience."

modified review This review was modified by jknguyen1 on September 12 2014 11:19:37 AM

"Three separate disappointing experiences with eTrailer. First time - ordered a trailer for a vw stationwagon that was listed as an hour install. The garage called VW and discussed and they decided it would be more like a day - and void the entire car's exaust warrantee. Returned item with out complaint - except for shipping obviously. Against better judgement bought a trailer hitch for an x1; kept having trouble getting the credit card(S) to accept. No issue with the cards - spoke with issuers - so the issue is in their order processing. After literally four calls got approved but they didn't have the right trailer hitch, but they "had one just like it" for a bit more money. Took it to an experienced trailer hitch installer - and turns out we ahd the wrong hitch for the car. Not "just like" the correct one I'd ordered. Three hours of installation later (not the 70 minutes stated) the hitch is installed. But alas - no more eTrailer for me. No eWay. "

modified review This review was modified by robinjohnson88 on September 11 2014 12:04:02 PM

etrailer.com User

"I am very satisfied with my order. Although my order was small. I am very happy with the service and price of items I needed. I am putting together a bigger order now, and I'm sure it will be handled in the same courteous manner."

"Ordered a ball, hitch and hitch lock. Picked the normal 5-7 day shipping. A few hours after I placed the order, I got an email that it had already shipped. It was on my door step the next day when I got home from work. All parts were there and the box was in good shape. HIghly recommend."

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! HORRIBLE COMPANY! We bought a trailor attachment, they sent the wrong part, and we had to not only pay to ship it back which was like $30 but they also charged us for the original shipping when it was thier mistake. Unbelieveable! I will never purchase from this company again!"

"Anyone looking to buy this hitch from e-trailer; Buyer-beware! When I received the product I was not pleased. First, the box it came in was all torn up and you could literally see inside, this could have easily caused parts to be lost. Thankfully everything was still in the box. Second, the Hitch itself was all scratched up, banged up, and it looked like I bought a used product rather than a brand new one.

I contacted e-trailer about this situation, providing them pictures of the damage and the state in which I received the Hitch. Guess what they told me? They offered me touch up paint!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Touch up paint? Not only is the product damaged, but now e-trailer is telling me to go fix it myself. What a good company does is either A) offer to replace the product or B) offer a substantial discount/money back. I was not offered any of those. In the end they didn't even credit me the $20 for the touch up paint.

A horrible experience, horrible customer service, and I Warn everyone considering to buy from here to be prepared for this. I would not recommend buying this product from e-trailer.

modified review This review was modified by kwietnik69 on August 03 2014 05:52:14 AM

"I bought 2 roof vent caps and a fan blade from etrailer.com. My first bad experience was when they confirmed my order and said that it would "ship from their distribution center in about a week" which means they don't STOCK ANYTHING. They just place YOUR ORDER with the manufacturer and they make a profit by sucking extra money out of you. They order only what you order.
THEN when the products arrived after almost 2 weeks, I prepared to install the roof caps. I removed the shroud and the screen so I could remove the old cap, set up my ladder, climbed onto the roof with the new parts STILL IN THEIR WRAPPER, then when I opened the packaging, one of the caps had melted plastic spilled on it- a blemish. It was also scratched. When I buy a NEW product I don't expect to be given a reject which should be sold as "blemished" at half price. NOW I LOSE no matter what I do- so I installed it HOPING they would credit me half the cost of that vent as it was a "second" but no such cooperation. In fact they said that since it was installed I could not even return it for replacement. The cap is fully functional, however I was ripped off in that they sent me a defective one. My time is valuable too and I mitigated the loss by installing it hoping to get a partial refund or a replacement that I could save for a spare. They REFUSED. I don't think it is severe enough to challenge the charges on the credit card, however I DO FEEL that their techniques should be made known. When you order something by internet their reputation is all they have.

modified review This review was modified by dand1002 on June 09 2014 02:28:49 PM

"I placed my order at 11:30p on Monday. On Thursday (2 business days later), I received a phone call that the hitch I had ordered was not in stock and was backordered through the end of the month. The representative offered up a couple of alternative hitches. I asked her to email them to me as I didn't have time to look into them at that time. By Friday, I still hadn't had time to look at the alternatives but assumed that since my original requested hitch was not available, I would be able to look at it in a couple of days.

Much to my surprise, on Friday, I received an email notification that my parts had shipped. Saturday, I called Etrailer customer service to inquire as to why my parts had shipped. They stated it was because I had placed the order. My impression was that since I was considering alternative hitches, they would hold my shipment until I gave the okay to ship.

I work in Customer Service as well so if one of my customers were considering an alternative part, I would contact them to advise that their part was available early and could ship out right away. I guess I shouldn't assume everyone else would be as considerate and rational as I may be in a similar situation.

"Do NOT BUY FROM THEM. I placed an order over a week ago. I called them to find out that my order wasn't shipped because they didn't have the part in stock. They said their order won't be shipped to them for another 3 weeks, but if I wanted it shipped direct from TITAN tomorrow that it would cost me 14.00 and some change. My order was 584.00 I told them they should pay for it. They refused to do it. So much for customer service. "

modified review This review was modified by meadster on May 07 2014 05:36:10 PM

"What a fiasco dealing with these people. I ordered a Curt hitch...a simple order..nothing complicated.
When the hitch arrived the box had been previously opened and taped back again...an obvious returned part. When I inspected the parts ALL of the hardware was missing..not a bag inside..just the head and legs.
OK..well things happen. I called and explained the missing parts. I told them the missing hardware had to be here in 2 days as we were towing a 5th wheel back from the dealer in a week. No problem they said...at first.
The next day the fiasco starts. Well they can't send me the hardware for a week or more. Curt did not have any in stock. Oh really...do they have another FREAKIN hitch....send me a new hitch and take this open box one back. yah..no offer to do so.
OK...not be captain obvious but do you have one in stock. Why yes we do....OK genius....open it up and send ME THE HARDWAR you failed to send initially.
Oh no can't do that then we would have a hitch missing hardware.
wait..but I have a hitch missing hardware and I am a paid customer. Take your little box cutter..open the box and send me the hardware there sparky. Not a huge problem.
Nope..no can do. You just have to wait 7-10 days or until Curt can find the time to send you some.
Oh really..well thank you for your lack of customer support.

modified review This review was modified by shughey00 on May 05 2014 05:41:33 PM

"Hitch was delivered in a timley manner. It installed easy. But ,always a but, when i tried to insert the ball mount it would not go in. The problem was the reciever hole to insert the lock pin. The reciever was bent in when they made the hole but after some file work and grinding I got it to go. Its all good now. Would ask that you remind manufacture about this problem> Thank you"

etrailer.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

etrailer.com is not a merchant member
etrailer.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!