Stores > etrailer.com

• Address: 1507 East Highway A Wentzville, Mo 63385
    • Contact: cs@etrailer.com
    • Phone: 800-298-8924
    • Customer Support: 800-298-8924
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday C.S.T.
    • Fax: 636-352-0143

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2016-04-23

Would give them 0 stars if I could

"Needed a new 5th wheel hitch for our new trailer. From start to finish etrailer was a nightmare to work with. Ordered in stock, then told a part of the order was out of stock, told them to wait to send everything together anticipating the possibility that I might have to order another product as I had a deadline. They agreed, then sent partial order anyway. Finally received all hitch parts 16 days later. Both boxes received looked like they rolled them to my house from etrailer. items weighing over 70 lbs were repackaged by etrailer as though they weighed 10 lbs. Items received dented, scratched, stickers damaged, looked like my new $1500 hitch was dragged down the road behind my vehicle. Called them and complained, was told to send pictures of the box and parts. I did so the same day, which was 2 weeks ago and have not heard from them to date. I won't hold my breath. Apparently they feel they are not responsible for getting me merchandise in an undamaged condition. The obvious assumption is that they just don't care. I will never use this company again, and will happily inform all I can of their shady business practices. If you don't care what you get for your money, use etrailer.....and I can only say good luck to you if you do."

This review was modified by carogers on April 23 2016 07:01:32 AM

2016-04-13

Poor Customer Relations

"This company fails to follow thru on the actions of former employees who themselves, never took the time for a complete follow up. After finally hearing from someone(Meriah) at the company, I was informed that no action would be taken to accommodate my return.

Very poor customer service.

This review was modified by SurfSavage on April 13 2016 05:11:00 PM

2016-04-02

Poor shipping. Worse customer service

"Ordered an almost $1,200 5th wheel hitch. Badly packed. One leg broke totally out of the package. Several legs of the hitch had the powder coat paint chipped off. Other scratches on it from the poor packing. Started rusting right away. Contacted Andrea C. At customer service to ask for factory paint to repair since I don't want a brand new hitch rusting in my new truck. She asked me to send pictures. I wasn't asking to return it, just to touch up the paint. I sent the pics right away and got no response. Emailed again and asked status. Said the pics didn't go thru but my sent messages clearly show the pics were attached. I sent two more sets of pics. No response. Called and talked to another CSR who said she would talk to Andrea and get back to me that afternoon. Several days later I called again an d asked to speak to a supervisor. Funny, they were all in a meeting. That CSR offered to refund $25 so I could buy Krylon touch up paint. What could I do. I said OK. Still haven't seen the discount on my card. I called B&W, the manufacturer to see if they had paint I could buy. They powder coat the hitch so no factory quality paint. They also said they have had problems with Etrailer packaging of their hitches. Wish I had read these reviews before the order. Plenty of other vendors sell this hitch. Have ordered from them before but not again. Guess I can add my lament to a long list of similar experiences."

2016-03-24

I WAS skeptical after reading reviews....

"As soon as I placed the order I thought I should have looked up reviews on the site. I probably wouldn't have placed the order but it was too late. I placed an order on a Saturday and almost immediately received a notice that the item was out of stock! BUT I was notified my order had been forwarded to the factory on Monday. The email I received had a link to track but the link didn't work. I sent an email to customer service about the order and not only did they responded but 2 service reps researched and responded with specific shipping date of my expedite ordered! Package arrived a few days later. Happy to do business with them again!"

This review was modified by DJTNewton on March 24 2016 03:35:40 PM

2016-03-16

patience for a old man

"I inadvertently ordered the wrong parts for replacing wheel bearings, I called up about a hour later and talked to bill, he helped my out and was very patient with me. What a nice firm to deal with. "

This review was modified by nieto on March 16 2016 02:46:49 PM

2016-01-27

They haven't quite figured out web ordering

"They may be great if you order by the phone or in person, I wouldn't know since I tried to order on their website. Impossible to change or cancel the order and they don't bother to actually read the messages sent from the website until after a couple of days. Prices seemed OK but I will go to u-haul or eBay next time if possible."

This review was modified by SteveKadner on January 27 2016 01:01:23 PM

2015-11-21

"I ordered two items from them on Nov. 3rd. One was in stock the other wasn't. I asked for the hitch to be shipped and ship the other item when it came in. A week went by and nothing, they held the entire order. I finally received the hitch yesterday. I called them on Wednesday and asked about the other item and was told they came in and would ship Thur or Fri. I called them this morning and was told they are not in stock and will arrive sometime this week. I cancelled the remaining part of my order. It's been 18 days and many phone calls. No one seems to know what's going on, I'm tired of the run around. Worst customer service ever! I will never order from them again.

2015-10-28

"This was the 2nd time I ordered from them. They really know their products & I had my bike rack super fast! Great customer service!
Nicely done etrailor!

2015-10-18

"Spoke with customer service and sent pictures of my trailer to try to get the right part. Took 3 tries to get it right and they were denying I spoke to the technical department at all. UGH!!! Will not use this company again!"

2015-10-16

"I had a fantastic dealing with etrailer.com. We bought some keys for a toolbox and they did not work, so we had to send them back. I contacted customer service via email and asked where to ship them to. I mailed them back and then emailed again requesting confirmation of receipt. Meriah, the lady that helped me, was very nice and courteous. I will do business with them again. Fast shipping as well."

2015-09-24

"Only etrailer.com and Mr. Keigan B. knows - how to advertise and sell - used, pre owned - Thule 859. Cargo roof basket without the installation hardware ! And after that asking extra payment for this ! They even doesn't know, all hardware - included with any roof cargo basket, from factory. It's like car sold without wheels . First and last time bought anything from this dealer - etrailer.com ! Special Thanks for Thule.com official ! Sent to me installation hardware fast and for free ! Boris V."

This review was modified by Bordin on September 24 2015 04:11:13 PM

2015-09-23

"Ordered a simple Propane supply hose which I was not aware this item was not in stock. After 8 days I get a notice from them that the item has been shipped "expedited". After looking at tracking I discover the item was sent "sure post", nothing worse than this and certainly not "expedited! This is the second time this has happened, they show items that are out of stock and you are told after the fact. I will not do business with this company again."

2015-09-23

"Ordered four items from them and two items were on back order. Had to cancel order after 11 days because they were not shipping until all items were in stock and I could not wait. Two items in stock were major items over $200. Will not order from them again. Customer service rep was not helpful - only offered to cancel my order. "

This review was modified by Stmorrison on September 23 2015 04:46:12 PM

2015-07-22

"Ordered a bunch of items from them but had to send the entire thing back as it was so poorly packed. Etrailer's Customer Service department was resistant in accepting a return, despite the pictures proving it was so poorly packed with all items busting through the box and colliding into each other the entire time of transit. So they decided to file a UPS damage insurance claim, as if it were UPS's fault for what happened. Ridiculous! It was not UPS's fault - if the box had been packed correctly, this wouldn't have happened. Check out ResellerRatings and you can see E-trailer has a long history of this behavior which nets them their piss poor avg of 4.42 out of 10 stars. Their Yelp rating isn't any better. I should have checked here first before purchasing anything from them. I've been shopping online since the 90s and know what is deem acceptable safe packing and what is not. Amazon for example usually does an oustanding job packing their heavy items and absolutely have no issue accepting a return when it's their bad. Sure etrailer has helpful installation videos, use it but then purchase it somewhere else. Their prices aren't that good either, Amazon has them beat on virtually every item they sell and it's also free shipping if you're a Prime Member (who isn't these days). Heed mine and everyone else's warning. Stay away from Etrailer. There is a reason they have such a bad score on Yelp and ResellerRatings."

2015-07-20

"i found their prices fair and delivery was fast. so far so good. i havent installed product yet but i would definitely recommend to others."

This review was modified by yukonesk on July 20 2015 07:00:06 PM

Share etrailer.com's store rating

etrailer.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

etrailer.com is not a merchant member
etrailer.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!