Stores > etrailer.com
  • etrailer.com

8:00am - 7:00pm Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday C.S.T.
      800-298-8924

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.04/10 3.04/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
Voice your opinion! Review etrailer.com by clicking a star below.
2017-04-21

DO NOT BUY FROM ETRAILER!!!

"I Ordered a expensive inverter generator. It took 17 days to receive it. I fired it up the following week end and it leaks oil like crazy. I took the cover off and couldn't find where it's leaking. So I called Etrailer and they said, Past 30 days and not their issue. REALLY? They wouldn't even look at how long it took for me to get it. So, gotta give them a total stay clear from this place. "

2017-04-21

All they want is your money!!

" They sent me the wrong size tire cover. After dealing with customer service back-and-forth at least a dozen times sending them definite proof that the tire cover they sent me was too small for my tire with pictures and descriptions they still refused to refund the money to return said tire cover to them. Customer Service was horrific horrible. Stay away! "

2017-04-14

Defective hitch and customer service doesn't listen

"I ordered a CURT trailer hitch for my Lexus RX350 from etrailer.com. The unit came pretty quick and after I installed it, I noticed a bump under their own Etrailer.com sticker. Peeling back the sticker I found a 3/8" diameter rust spot that was bubbling up under the powder coat. It looks like they were trying to cover this up with their own sticker. It would have been hard to miss.

So I call them and they actually were good about telling me they'd get me a new one right out. Very apologetic and so on. Here's what ticks me off though:

I VERY CLEARLY explained to the customer service guy I was to be out of town the next week and not to ship or schedule to ship the new hitch until the week of April 24th (This was April 13th). I also FOLLOW UP with not one but TWO EMAILS to make sure they understand the shipping request (one follow-up email on the day I called and one the following morning after I received an email saying they were processing the replacement request, yada yada yada).

So on April 14th (next day) in the evening guess what...I get an email telling the replacement trailer hitch has shipped!!!

There are a lot of companies who sell the same hitches. Go elsewhere. First they obviously tried to cover up the defect/rust spot with their etrailer.com sticker (I have photos) and then they flat out just didn't listen to anything I said when explaining shipment details for replacement.

My hitch was a Curt and is available for the same price from various other on-line sources.

Very disappointed. These guys seriously need to wake-up their game in the customer service end.

2017-04-05

poor support, false advertising

"I have bought three trailer hitches and a couple bike racks through Trailer. The first purchases went well. They had fast delivery and everything works. The last hitch purchase was a disaster as it did not fit and did not include all of the required hardware, even though their web site and videos indicate it is all there. Upon contacting them, they diverted me to the the hitch manufacturer who then said I should contact my car dealer, and on it went. I wrote a review on the E-trailer product using the feedback page on their site. It was very objective but they never published it. Beware, that company hides things and does not care about one once the product is shipped"

2017-04-03

Rock Tamers

"I was so pleased with you help had it not been for the time spent trying to help me get my old enkays wider for my dually it just wouldn't have happened. Charles was great went the extra mile. I'll be calling again for anything I need. "

2017-03-31

Outrageous slow delivery. False advertiser. High prices. Nonsense from support staff.

"I run an RV repair business. I ordered Dexter bushings and U-bolts for a job from etrailer with free shipping. After 7 days I had to buy from a local dealer to complete the job commitment. They used hybrid UPS-USPS shipping that was untrackable. UPS said they had delivered to USPS; USPS said UPS never gave them the products. The shipments were in delivery limbo for 6 days and finally arrived in CA from MO after 11 days each. I had email exchanges with 'Caleb' from the 4th day, informing him that I could no longer use the products since they were in shipping limbo and my customer expected his work to be done on time. 'Caleb' said to return them when they finally arrived for a full refund. Since the shipping was 'free' he assured me that I would be refunded the full purchase price. So I shelled out 13.60 for a flat rate box and returned the items. four days later I was refunded but the refund was short $9.98 'for shipping charges.' So I ended up spending $23.58 on shipping for my experience with etrailer, which was more than the cost of the products obtained locally. These people are deceptive and overpriced. Buy from Amazon or local dealer."

2017-03-28

Don't @#$#ing do it

"they use a bobo freight company that takes over 10 days to deliver a Thule box it was ridiculous its 20 miles away now for 2 days. sitting in a wharehouse and they wont deliver it for 3 more days. SCREW ETRAILER !!! now i have to drive 40 miles round trip because i need the cargo box tomorrow. **** customer service gave me attitude the freight company gives no updates and calling them was fahkin a lesson in what its like to have no brain. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE GO TO REI OR AMAZON.. "

2017-03-28

DEFECTED towing wire harness

"Purchased a towing wire harness in July 2011 for my 2006 ridgeline. Towed a small trailer a couple times and worked fine, I sold the trailer and havent towed anything after words. Recently i can smell burning wires and soon afterwards my electrical system started going haywire, causing warning lights on my instrument panel. Not realizing it at the time my brake lights stopped working. Realizing i have a very serious and dangerous situation. Took my vehicle to a shop. after a few hundred dollars they found to be the towing wire harness has caught fire. I called Etrailer.com and explained my situation and they said my warranty was only for a year. I understand that... If the wire harness just stopped working i would have been fine with that. This wire harness caused a very DANGEROUS situation for me. This Harness should be taken off the market! I have the harness and pics of the harness receips to prove. "

2017-03-24

Wish I can give them a no star rating

"Try don't even deserve a one star. Their inability to deliver their products on time is chronic. They will lie to your face with impunity. The only thing that is reliable about etrailer is their ability to provide excuses for their horrible customer service.
Ordering from etrailer is the equivalent of gambling with money and delivery times.

2017-03-04

Total Waste of Time

"They dont tell you your order is out of stock until after you place it. Waited 9 days, items still not shipped, cancelled order. Don't bother, they are nothing but a storefront with lousy service."

2017-02-23

Innacurate info for towing/towability 2012 Ford Escape XLT

"I asked eTrailer what parts I would need to flat tow a 2012 FORD ESCAPE XLT AWD that I was in the process of buying from a local Ford dealership. I said I'd already purchased a Blue OX AVENTA LX BX7445 Tow Bar. The info I was given was wrong. A couple of days AFTER buying the '12 Ford Escape, I went on FORD'S website to see what vehicle info they provide to owners. I'd already downloaded the owners manual, BEFORE buying to ensure my new Ford was towable and if there were any special rqmnts to flat tow it. I noticed on the FORD website that FORD listed a "Addendum" printing to the owner's manual so I opened that file. It was a single page that superseded all the flat tow guidance in the owner's manual. The Addendum said a 2012 FORD XLT AWD Cannot be flat towed!! I also then read a post on eTrailer from John M who asked pretty much the same question I'd asked about flat towing their 2012 Ford Escape. John M was advised he needed a Remco lube pump kit, which was NOT mentioned in the eTrailer response to my post, same question, same vehicle.
So...I returned the '12 Ford Escape XLT to the dealer since it could not be flat towed. Our salesman was not aware of the Addendum to the owner's manual re no flat towing. After a very stressful week, we bought a 2014 Honda CRV V EX, AWD from the FORD Dealer, which CAN be flat towed.
Bottom line - don't rely on eTrailer OR the car salesman to know about your vehicle and whether it can be flat towed. You must do your own due diligence or risk getting a car that doesn't fit your requirements. I also wonder how John M. is doing flat towing his '12 FORD XLT AWD with that REMCO lube pump kit that eTrailer recommended...

2017-02-21

worst warranty

"ordered a leaf spring for my trailer told them weight and size of trailer they said i could exchange it but i would have to pay shipping to return it and pay shipping to have a new one sent the shipping cost more than the part should have done it repaired by a shop here in town would of been more inexpensive really bad customer service "

2017-02-19

Quick shipment, good prices, and reasonable shipping costs

"Two orders on separate occasions of small replacement Thule parts. Both orders I got exactly what I ordered very quickly. Shipping costs for small parts was very reasonable (~$3), which is unusual when buying online. Very happy with etrailer.com"

2017-01-16

If you want to hear Lies buy from this site

"I ordered a cargo carrier from Etrailer and after waiting 2 weeks, I started calling there customer no-service. I was promised the moon but never receive product. They will tell you what you want to hear.
They will promise you that the owner will call,,,but he wont.

I will never order from this company again.

2016-12-30

Hope that your product fits!

"Ordered a pair of chain adjusters rated for tires with rims 16-19". They did not fit my 17" rims on my Chevy Colorado. Etrailer costumer service refused to refund me or send me a pair of adjusters that fit. The only option given was to order a new pair at full price and hoped they worked. Glad I found out their return polices with a cheap item. Won't be shopping etrailer again. "

Share etrailer.com's store rating

etrailer.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

etrailer.com is not a merchant member
etrailer.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!