• Rating 4.50/10 472 reviews

etrailer.com is not a merchant member
    etrailer.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • etrailer.com contact information

• Address: 1507 East Highway A Wentzville, Mo 63385
    • Contact: cs@etrailer.com
    • Phone: 800-298-8924
    • Customer Support: 800-298-8924
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday C.S.T.
    • Fax: 636-352-0143

Product & services pricing Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"Back ordered item for over a month was shipped the wrong part and was told I had to pay shipping to return even though I had the jeep info punched in their system they sent me one for a GM product. They should have sent a call tag if they had decent customer service! I will not use them again!"

modified review This review was modified by wbmitch on April 14 2014 08:17:45 AM

"Product just as described. Shipping communication above average. Fast Fast Fast to ship out. Reasonable rates. "

modified review This review was modified by bugzz on February 11 2014 11:28:42 PM

"In preparation for a family ski trip, after recently having changed SUVs, I ordered a Rhino-Rack bar system for our cargo/ski box. I followed the instructions on their site, entering the year make and model of the truck, and place my order on their site. First they screwed up the shipping (which I paid extra for – although at least they refunded that cost) so instead of receiving the equipment on a Friday - giving me the weekend for assembly and packing - it didn’t arrive until Monday… the day before I was scheduled to leave.

I struggled for several hours, until nearly midnight, attempting to get the rack on correctly because the bars they sent weren’t big enough to fit the roof of my truck. Only later did I find out they had sent a kit designed for an entirely different make and model of truck. Nonetheless, I found a way to make it work, because I had to get the truck packed up and ready to roll by 7am the next morning ahead of a six hour drive with my wife and kids. What a way to start a vacation!

Upon returning from my trip I explained (nicely by the way) to eTrailer.com that they had sent me the wrong equipment. Their response was that I should, at my expense and aggravation, ship them the too-short bars and they would refund me the purchase price LESS their cost of shipping the correct unit back to me. Their explanation for this outrageousness, and I quote directly here: “I am very sorry you feel that way sir. However you received the parts you ordered online and not with a customer service agent here.” Yes, I ordered online, from YOUR website eTrailer.com! Using YOUR system to choose the unit!

Order from this company at your own risk! If they screw up your order, it’s on you. There are more legitimate vendors out there selling the same stuff. I urge you not to support companies that act this way.

modified review This review was modified by phillyskier on January 31 2014 07:29:09 AM

"Shipping Stinks. Beware. If you are not sure about the product that you are buying at etrailer, don't buy it. The return policy stinks! Keep in mind, if your order a product it ships quickly (within 1-4 hrs) you cannot cancel order (even if you order a product at 11pm). Also they offer free shipping on orders but be careful, if you return the items to etrailer, the merchant will charge back to you the free shipping (incoming) and shipping cost to return the items back to them. The merchant also has a restocking fee of 20% after 30 days of purchase.

Otherwise, the customer service was good. You have to read the fine print.

modified review This review was modified by smittyMD03 on December 30 2013 07:45:42 AM

"I was in the middle of installing a brake controller I ordered from etrailer and noticed that parts in the wiring kit were missing. Even though etrailer screwed up the kit, customer service would only mail me the missing parts snail mail. They told me it would take 3 days to get the part, but after 3 days they still hadn't arrived. Now they say it will take 7 days. It would have been nice if they overnighted the part since they screwed up. l now have the wire dangling under the bottom of my jacked up car - huge pain in the ass. Very disappointing product and disappointing customer service. I won't be ordering from etrailer again."

modified review This review was modified by nkeyh on October 04 2013 03:41:39 PM

"Prices OK but shipping is slooooowwwwww."

modified review This review was modified by Skipples on September 26 2013 09:17:13 AM

"I ordered two trailer wheel and tire assemblies and a bracket to haul a motorcycle on a trailer.The order was placed on a Sunday and received on Wednesday. fast shipping ,order tracking and parts were as discribed."

"Receantly I ordered a new fifth wheel slider hitch etrailer answered all my questions and helped with my decision to get the right hitch. I ordered the hitch which was by far cheaper than anywhere else. The hitch was shipped and recieved within 3 days. great service thanks"

modified review This review was modified by nickcs on July 12 2013 06:30:09 AM

"The items I ordered took all summer to arrive. They charged my credit card for full amount when order placed. Some items came damaged and they replaced with another one shipped damaged. I was able to make one good out of two bad items. My hitch cover was used for a couple week before winter and removed until the spring. After total of four weeks it lost a letter and is also rusting. They don't care about the products they send to customers. Stay away from this vendor."

modified review This review was modified by RoyA2 on June 07 2013 06:55:20 AM

"Extremely disappointed in the customer service at etrailer! I ordered my Thule part on January 26th, which was a Saturday evening. Granted this is the weekend, so grace is applied. On January 30th I received an email from Laura stating the they had to order the part from Thule, as they were out of stock. "I will continue to watch your order and I will notify you if I receive any further updates.

If there is anything else with which I can help you, please do not hesitate to let me know. You can also reach our customer service team at 1-800-298-8924. Customer Service is available 7 AM - 8 PM Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 6 PM Saturday and 12 PM - 6 PM (CST) on Sunday."...Is what was stated in the email.

I wait a couple of days and call Laura. Leave a nice message inquiring about a status update and how I can be reached. I recieved no phone call, no email in regards to this order. On February 6th, I place another call into Laura, again to voiceamil, so I opt to be transferred to a different agent. Nicole was pleasant and helpful stating they haven't received my part and thought it may be in and shipped to me within 2 days. I ended up canceling my order, due to the uncertainty of time it may have took to receive item.

The chance of me using etrailer at this time is slim ot none. I work two customer service industries. Our word and how we treat people in both industries affords us repeat business that helps with out success. I would expect the same in return.

"They have a wide selection of trailer related merchandise, but their shipping method stinks!"

"Overall, this e-retailer is an asset to the internet in general. They produce videos of how-to and have great pictures of the *exact* product they are selling. The selection is excellent. However, when it comes to the topic of prompt shipping, it's a bit on the slow side. It's not uncommon for them to sit on the order for 3 to 5 days before shipping it out. My guess is they may not actually have the item in stock and needed to order it from their supplier. Now, comparing this to some of top e-retailer such as Amazon, Neweggs, etc where the product is often shipped on the same day, etrailer is very much lacking behind. "

"The person who took the order was very helfull in identifing the specs on part # FK25500301. I do have a problem however with statements of the part. It states that there in no minimum weight required to allow the brakes to be released which is not true. I have not been able to pay out any cable without 250lbs of weight. I may need to return this part if I cannot find an alternative way to operate this winch."

"All my dealing with etrailer was excellent with one exception.
The phone was answered very quickly everytime I called. The person that took my order was very knowledgeable. I was in a bind to get the hitch for a trip I had to take and delivery time was crucial. It arrived two days ahead of the scheduled arrival. The tracking system was very helpful.
Low price, knowledgable people, fast delivery, I don't think I was ever treated as well on an internet sale before!
Unfortunately when it arrived the package had been torn open on one end, and when I installed the hitch I realized it was bent on that end. I can understand the hitch breaking through the package, but I just can't see how the hitch itself was bent. That would take a lot of force.
The strange thing is that I had read the etrailer customer reviews on this hitch for a 2008 Dodge Avenger, all were positive except for one person who had received his hitch with a torn open box and a bent hitch.
So now there were two of us. Luckily I have a pretty well equipped shop, in fact this is the first production hitch I have ever bought, I have always built my own, but time was critical so I opted to buy a hitch.
I was able to straighten the hitch on my press without resorting to heating it with a torch, and it finally fit to my satisfaction. I probably spent an extra 30 minutes reparing it.
The tail light wiring kit went in without problems and so in all the hitch and wiring kit saved me a lot of fabrication time. The quality was excellent. It was the equal of anything I built for strength and quality welds.
I believe from now on I will buy hitches if I need one because it doesn't justify my time in relation to the low price, especially when the quality level is as good as this one is.
Yes, I would buy another hitch from etrailer, but I would want a clear understanding on how they handle shipping damage. Next time I might not be so quick to repair their problem.
I suspect etrailer's position will be that if there is damage the shipping company is responsible, and then the shipping company would tell me it's poor packaging on etrailers part and there I sit in the middle.
Price, quality, good customer service, and fast delevery are all there, we just need to make sure the hitch arrives in a useable condition.
Don in Minnesota

"I needed new tires and wheels for my small trailer. The price was 50% less than "Tire Kingdom". Local tire dealer said the online was probably for something other than a trailer but to my surprise it was the right tire and wheel for my trailer. I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend eTrailer to anyone who is looking for a quality and great price tire and/or wheel."