Stores > etrailer.com

• Address: 1507 East Highway A Wentzville, Mo 63385
    • Contact: cs@etrailer.com
    • Phone: 800-298-8924
    • Customer Support: 800-298-8924
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday C.S.T.
    • Fax: 636-352-0143

Product & services pricing Rating 4.74/10 4.74/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.14/10 1.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

2016-11-09

The Products You Order May NOT Be In Stock

"When you select an item to order there is NO inventory information presented. Therefore you may think it is in stock. NOT necessarily! In my case I ordered three different items. It turns out one of them was out of stock and they held my entire order for a month until the item came in. I called to ask them to ship the two items that were in stock ahead of the backordered item, and they said I would have to pay a second shipping (Duplicate) charge.

Won't do business with them again, even if they have the lowest price.

This review was modified by Kimsen on November 09 2016 09:27:53 AM

2016-11-02

No problems yet encountered

"So far I seem to be in the minority. I've just received 2 hefty weight packages, ~80 pounds and ~100 pounds shipped at no charge (4 leaf springs,installation hardware and a few odds and ends, 4 disc brake and rotor assemblies). Yes, the boxes weren't the best, one being theirs, the other from Kodak Brakes though they did contain all of the undamaged required parts. I've asked them some questions about items and the answers have been supplied within a few hours. Earlier orders have also been shipped as satisfactorily. If I have a complaint, I'll take it up directly with them, not brag on about my education 'credentials'. If I have a component complaint, I'll most likely go after the manufacturer."

This review was modified by JDW24 on November 02 2016 10:53:00 AM

2016-10-28

Their guarentee of price matching is a guarentee they won't follow through

"After purchasing many items from this company and always having one problem or another, this was my last order with etrailer due to this companies' phony marketing scheme claiming they will reimburse people 110% of the difference when a product is found to be cheaper on another web site. I found a product and this company will not honor their guarantee as it plays by different rules in order to give the appearance that you will match prices. I found an RV Fridge aerator on Campingworld for $15.37. Etrailer advertises the same item for $19.95. However, I was told by etrailer's policy small print that it says that they will only match the price AFTER a delivery charge is added to the other product. But...the phony thing about etrailer's marketing scheme is that they don't add the cost of their delivery charge to the cost of their similar item...which would make it apples for apples. Such deception on their advertising is why I will never buy from etrailer again and why I will make sure all my trailer friends will hear of this scheme as well. All etrailer had to do was follow through with their commitment...which probably would have cost them about $4.45. But to me, it wasn't about the reimbursement, its about principle. I work as a Psychtherapist with my own private practice. I do not have an ax to grind with etrailer or anyone else. But, I am tired of businesses who play on the public's perception in order to make a false claim. Etrailer is such a company in my opinion.

So, please close my account. I will never do business with etrailer again. And...very simply, I will encourage my many trailer friends to avoid etrailer and stick with companies that will do what they say they will do.... such as ebay, Campingworld; Amazon, etc.

This review was modified by ron777 on October 28 2016 09:37:04 PM

2016-10-25

Great Experience

"I was surprised how many negative reviews are here for etrailer.
I came here to post a positive review.
I found a hitch at a lower price and they refunded me the money within 24 hours.

Also every part I priced (orginal part, no knock offs) was 25-50% cheaper than just about every other website that was trying to sell you the hitch cheap and then bet on you adding high priced accessories.

I do have to comment that they do ship it in the original box. An orginal box won't withstand a 100lb hitch with no support, just rattling around. My hitch came, it had destroyed the box, and scuffed the paint.

Heres the thing, it's a hidden hitch, very well built, for $150 bucks that sits on the rear of your vehicle, hidden, in the muck. If you want your hitch to glisten and wax it, you probably should pay a trailer store to hook you up. For DIY .. this place is the spot.

2016-10-22

WONT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL

"Bought Valterra Rope Lights with Trak - 18' Item #: A30-0950 and after one camping trip. There was a 12" dead section in the 18' awning lights. I had to pay to ship the defective lights back. Dont buy from them! I bought items from them with no problems, but when you return an item is where there Customer Service is substandard. I told them I will never order from them again!!! I am sure they have heard that before. They also kept part of the refund!!!!!!
they shorted all shipping - 15.00 plus another -10.00 a total of 25.00 dollarsthet kept It cast 10.00 to return the item. I should have kept the defective lights

Valterra Rope Lights with Trak - 18'
Item #: A30-0950
$57.95 USD 1 $57.95 USD

Shipping and handling: $4.99 USD
Total: $62.94 USD

Refund to PayPal Balance: $48.58 USD
Invoice Number: 104444762

2016-10-21

Automated shipping money shredding machine

"Horrible customer service. if you mistyped any size info after hours it cant be undone even if you attempt to contact them immediately it wont matter. They replied in line behind my communication to change the order the next morning telling me they advanced my shipping and shipped it anyway. Then on the phone pat is trying to tell me thats the way it goes the shippers work through the night without any communication with customer service. So for half the day they are a digital money taking non communicative shipping machine. They dont understand this is an amazon america now. Take a clue. Customer service is the gold standard. It's costing me the original 50 dollars for shipping and the return of 50 dollars for shipping, a total of 100 dollars for return for frickin snow chains"

This review was modified by 104725346 on October 21 2016 10:50:51 AM

2016-09-19

Do NOT trust a verbal quote from eTrailer

"I got a list of part numbers from Curt Manufacturing for a 5th wheel system. I read these part numbers to an eTrailer rep, who gave us a quote. Based on my wholesale quote, I gave my customer a retail quote. When the email link to place my order arrived four hours later, eTrailer had substituted a cheaper part. When I called to complain, a rep refused to put me thru to management, but rather conveyed my complaint and then told me they would not honor the phone quote. I ordered from a different vendor at almost no margin. If you work for a jobber, trusting eTrailer can cost your employer money and make you look stupid to your boss."

This review was modified by TomByers on September 19 2016 08:30:10 AM

2016-09-10

Non shipment with no customer service

"Got the initial email, then one of when to expect delivery. The next one gave me the delay notice of maybe two to four weeks. Customer service said they could not ship the complete portion of the order unless they charged extra shipping."

This review was modified by Djohns739 on September 10 2016 05:35:30 AM

2016-09-07

slow slow slow

"it took 25 days and one totally wrong order to deliver one simple part."

2016-09-07

Quality products, missing parts, unresponsive

"I am very happy with the quality of the items I purchased, but I did not recieve all of the parts needed to complete the installation. After my requests for help were ignored by customer service, I had to source and order the parts myself. I would advise you to avoid placing an order with etrailer; either find a higher quality supplier or, better yet, shop at a local upfitter store."

This review was modified by atomsal on September 07 2016 12:09:06 PM

2016-08-29

dont waste your time

"don't waste your time ordering from Etrailer.com. Box was apparently opened and checked for contents (based on the sticker on the box that said contents checked).
Only, they didn't check for the bag containing hardware. No bolts, nothing in the box, just a bunch of metal.
Go buy a trailer from a local company.

This review was modified by imadad on August 29 2016 05:04:00 PM

2016-08-29

Open but not for business

"Do yourself a favor and NEVER go to e trailer they are one of the worst companies I have ever been to. They will not sell you parts unless they want to, their employees have no customer service skills at all!! Got there at 5:30 and they were open till 7 and could not get off their lazy behinds to get one jack, said I would have to come back tomorrow. They want you to pay for your parts sight unseen so when you get the wrong item they already have your money and can tell you whatever they want restock charge, no you told us that, etc. WORST company ever. Maybe if you live in Africa they would be OK but probably not do yourself a favor and NEVER USE E TRAILER."

This review was modified by daveklein on August 29 2016 04:37:14 PM

2016-08-24

Item Ordered, tried to stop shipment within 24 hours

"I ordered a trailer wheel and tire after-hours Monday, Aug. 22 I was concerned with standard shipping it wouldn't make it in time for me to receive it. I called the next day and requested the order be cancelled. The Rep advised me that the order had already been fulfilled and was "shipped".
I explained we would not be here to accept or return the tire, as are moving out of state and have a deadline of when we need to be out. The Rep agreed to stop the shipment, and advised I would incur a "stop-shipping" charge. (Mind you, I ordered this at after hours, 5:30pm pdt, and their shipped message claimed the tire was shipped the next morning at 6:30am cdt)
After we hung up, I received an email from him, indicating my order had been shipped And a separate message, sending condolences on my returning of the product with a shipping label.
I replied that I will not be here for the acceptance or return of the product and need the shipping company name and tracking number and now not getting any response.
Be careful of this two-bit company. They ARE NOT that large, and should be able to stop the shipment in an urgent situation. I fully agreed to the stop-shipping charge and now feel like my credit card, the tire I won't get, and the return shipping charge are at stake.

H-E-L-P!!!!!!!

This review was modified by clmihal on August 24 2016 02:33:19 PM

2016-08-13

damaged hitch... terrible customer care

"Ordered a new hitch from them as all their reviews are great "on their page only" (convenient). The product came damaged. their response was to paint it. That answer wasn't good for me as the product was brand new and painted with heavy duty powder coating. I was asked to email photo's. After almost 2 weeks I received this lackluster response from customer service.

**Thank you for your order with etrailer.com.

I have received your photos. Minor scuffing on a hitch is common due to the way the manufacturer ships them to us. It is suggested that you touch up your hitch once each year with rust proof paint. This should be an easy fix and does not compromise the integrity of the hitch in any way.

If you have any further questions please email or call 1-800-298-8924.

Katie M.***

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

2016-08-11

rip off

"Order a roadmaster base plate for a 2012 jeep. Called etrailer and orded over the phone. Four hours later called back and cancelled the order.Etrailer stated it was to late and they already shipped the order. The order arrived by ups, two days later. The same day I shipped the base plate back at my own expensive. Ten days later found on my credit card that addition 80.00 dollars was taken out. Called etrailer and they advise me it was a restocking fee from roadmaster,and they could do nothing about it.When I placed the order nothing was ever said about a restocking fee.The box was never open.I felt like etrailer has let me down and they donot care.I have been buying from the for years with no problems until now. Beware. "

Share etrailer.com's store rating

etrailer.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

etrailer.com is not a merchant member
etrailer.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!