Stores > etrailer.com

• Address: 1507 East Highway A Wentzville, Mo 63385
    • Contact: cs@etrailer.com
    • Phone: 800-298-8924
    • Customer Support: 800-298-8924
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday C.S.T.
    • Fax: 636-352-0143

Product & services pricing Rating 3.55/10 3.55/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.34/10 0.34/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.45/10 0.45/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.54/10 0.54/10

"Bought Valterra Rope Lights with Trak - 18' Item #: A30-0950 and after one camping trip. There was a 12" dead section in the 18' awning lights. I had to pay to ship the defective lights back. Dont buy from them! I bought items from them with no problems, but when you return an item is where there Customer Service is substandard. I told them I will never order from them again!!! I am sure they have heard that before. They also kept part of the refund!!!!!!
they shorted all shipping - 15.00 plus another -10.00 a total of 25.00 dollarsthet kept It cast 10.00 to return the item. I should have kept the defective lights

Valterra Rope Lights with Trak - 18'
Item #: A30-0950
$57.95 USD 1 $57.95 USD

Shipping and handling: $4.99 USD
Total: $62.94 USD

Refund to PayPal Balance: $48.58 USD
Invoice Number: 104444762

Automated shipping money shredding machine

"Horrible customer service. if you mistyped any size info after hours it cant be undone even if you attempt to contact them immediately it wont matter. They replied in line behind my communication to change the order the next morning telling me they advanced my shipping and shipped it anyway. Then on the phone pat is trying to tell me thats the way it goes the shippers work through the night without any communication with customer service. So for half the day they are a digital money taking non communicative shipping machine. They dont understand this is an amazon america now. Take a clue. Customer service is the gold standard. It's costing me the original 50 dollars for shipping and the return of 50 dollars for shipping, a total of 100 dollars for return for frickin snow chains"

This review was modified by 104725346 on October 21 2016 10:50:51 AM

Do NOT trust a verbal quote from eTrailer

"I got a list of part numbers from Curt Manufacturing for a 5th wheel system. I read these part numbers to an eTrailer rep, who gave us a quote. Based on my wholesale quote, I gave my customer a retail quote. When the email link to place my order arrived four hours later, eTrailer had substituted a cheaper part. When I called to complain, a rep refused to put me thru to management, but rather conveyed my complaint and then told me they would not honor the phone quote. I ordered from a different vendor at almost no margin. If you work for a jobber, trusting eTrailer can cost your employer money and make you look stupid to your boss."

This review was modified by TomByers on September 19 2016 08:30:10 AM

Non shipment with no customer service

"Got the initial email, then one of when to expect delivery. The next one gave me the delay notice of maybe two to four weeks. Customer service said they could not ship the complete portion of the order unless they charged extra shipping."

This review was modified by Djohns739 on September 10 2016 05:35:30 AM

slow slow slow

"it took 25 days and one totally wrong order to deliver one simple part."

Quality products, missing parts, unresponsive

"I am very happy with the quality of the items I purchased, but I did not recieve all of the parts needed to complete the installation. After my requests for help were ignored by customer service, I had to source and order the parts myself. I would advise you to avoid placing an order with etrailer; either find a higher quality supplier or, better yet, shop at a local upfitter store."

This review was modified by atomsal on September 07 2016 12:09:06 PM

dont waste your time

"don't waste your time ordering from Etrailer.com. Box was apparently opened and checked for contents (based on the sticker on the box that said contents checked).
Only, they didn't check for the bag containing hardware. No bolts, nothing in the box, just a bunch of metal.
Go buy a trailer from a local company.

This review was modified by imadad on August 29 2016 05:04:00 PM

Open but not for business

"Do yourself a favor and NEVER go to e trailer they are one of the worst companies I have ever been to. They will not sell you parts unless they want to, their employees have no customer service skills at all!! Got there at 5:30 and they were open till 7 and could not get off their lazy behinds to get one jack, said I would have to come back tomorrow. They want you to pay for your parts sight unseen so when you get the wrong item they already have your money and can tell you whatever they want restock charge, no you told us that, etc. WORST company ever. Maybe if you live in Africa they would be OK but probably not do yourself a favor and NEVER USE E TRAILER."

This review was modified by daveklein on August 29 2016 04:37:14 PM

Item Ordered, tried to stop shipment within 24 hours

"I ordered a trailer wheel and tire after-hours Monday, Aug. 22 I was concerned with standard shipping it wouldn't make it in time for me to receive it. I called the next day and requested the order be cancelled. The Rep advised me that the order had already been fulfilled and was "shipped".
I explained we would not be here to accept or return the tire, as are moving out of state and have a deadline of when we need to be out. The Rep agreed to stop the shipment, and advised I would incur a "stop-shipping" charge. (Mind you, I ordered this at after hours, 5:30pm pdt, and their shipped message claimed the tire was shipped the next morning at 6:30am cdt)
After we hung up, I received an email from him, indicating my order had been shipped And a separate message, sending condolences on my returning of the product with a shipping label.
I replied that I will not be here for the acceptance or return of the product and need the shipping company name and tracking number and now not getting any response.
Be careful of this two-bit company. They ARE NOT that large, and should be able to stop the shipment in an urgent situation. I fully agreed to the stop-shipping charge and now feel like my credit card, the tire I won't get, and the return shipping charge are at stake.

This review was modified by clmihal on August 24 2016 02:33:19 PM

damaged hitch... terrible customer care

"Ordered a new hitch from them as all their reviews are great "on their page only" (convenient). The product came damaged. their response was to paint it. That answer wasn't good for me as the product was brand new and painted with heavy duty powder coating. I was asked to email photo's. After almost 2 weeks I received this lackluster response from customer service.

**Thank you for your order with etrailer.com.

I have received your photos. Minor scuffing on a hitch is common due to the way the manufacturer ships them to us. It is suggested that you touch up your hitch once each year with rust proof paint. This should be an easy fix and does not compromise the integrity of the hitch in any way.

If you have any further questions please email or call 1-800-298-8924.

Katie M.***

rip off

"Order a roadmaster base plate for a 2012 jeep. Called etrailer and orded over the phone. Four hours later called back and cancelled the order.Etrailer stated it was to late and they already shipped the order. The order arrived by ups, two days later. The same day I shipped the base plate back at my own expensive. Ten days later found on my credit card that addition 80.00 dollars was taken out. Called etrailer and they advise me it was a restocking fee from roadmaster,and they could do nothing about it.When I placed the order nothing was ever said about a restocking fee.The box was never open.I felt like etrailer has let me down and they donot care.I have been buying from the for years with no problems until now. Beware. "

Etrailer sold me something they didn't have

"I've made 3-4 purchases from etrailer and only have a complaint about the last order. I bought something crucial for an upcoming (at the time) trip and they sold it to me, then called a day later to say it wouldn't ship for at least a month. Since my trip started in 3 days I was left in a serious pickle. Weeks later I got an email with an apology, but the language implied it was my fault for not noticing they don't explicitly say they stock what they're selling, or whether their products are out of stock. Etrailer.com will not be my first vendor choice from here on, but I may buy something from them if there is no other option. "

This review was modified by sealekt on August 11 2016 06:55:18 PM

Sent out wrong hitch

"They sent out the wrong hitch and wants me to pay for the shipping and restock fee. The customer service is **** and I have emails to prove it.
Don not buy from them.

Customer service a joke but the product was as described.

"UPDATE: the rack arrived today, July 27, two days after being shipped from Missouri and a day earlier than originally promised (that was on Monday). Despite their very crappy customer service (and a laughable excuse for the order not shipping for a week) all of the parts were there, the rack works exactly as promised. You just have to be willing to put up with some pretty slow customer service and lack of information on your order. My original review is below. I upgraded my review from one star (for the bad customer service) to four stars, because the product is exactly as expected.

I ordered a bike rack on Monday, July 18. I selected free shipping because of the cost. As of Friday, the rack still had not been shipped - and the excuse I got was laughable - the rack was on a high shelf in the warehouse and they were waiting for someone to get it down! Are you kidding me? The rack finally shipped, allegedly, this morning. I was told that with free shipping the delay may be 7 to 10 business days, which THEY DO NOT TELL YOU ON THE WEBSITE. I will likely write another review once the rack gets here - but told them this morning their customer service ****.

This review was modified by unawen84 on July 27 2016 06:06:59 PM

You will regret doing business with them

"Extremely unprofessional staff. They'll give you the wrong item number to order and then make you responsible for ordering the wrong item. Didn't even offer to wave the shipping on new order. Never again."

Share etrailer.com's store rating

etrailer.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

etrailer.com is not a merchant member
etrailer.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!