Stores > etrailer.com
  • etrailer.com

8:00am - 7:00pm Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday C.S.T.
      800-298-8924

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.38/10 1.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review etrailer.com by clicking a star below.

Sh*t, just pure sh*t

"So I ordered a set of keys for my Rola car rack. I decided to take the normal shipping instead of the quicker shipping. So I get a call a few days later stating that my keys "are out of stock and will take several weeks to ship". Keys!!! F*****g keys!!! When I asked for a refund I was given a chance to run around for 2 hours between different people and departments. Needless to say, my keys that I need won't get to me any time soon and I'm out my $35. Thanks a lot ****. "

Poor Customer Service and Website

"I purchased a Back up camera, went right through the web site order, It stated Free shipping on orders over $99. when I clicked pay it showed 0 shipping charges. The next morning I received a email showing my order, but it included $27 in postage, I contacted ETrailer and explained, I stated if they were going to charge freight I would like to cancel the order, the lady hung up on me. I wrote several emails to the next level (John-C/S Team Leader) in short they said the freight stated was in the small print somewhere, and then stated I would be charged again Freight for the return label. At that time I would have almost more in the postage then in the item, I could have purchased the item off Amazon for a total of $95 with prime this order cost me $157. I looked up the reviews for ETailer and found a overall rating of 2.02 with 576 total reviews.
2nd Look, I went back to verify information, with information from ETailer I found the list of postage cost and if I scrolled down I would have seen the changed total cost, raised my review to somewhat satisfied that I got the item ordered, when I receive it I will update. The issues and concerns were do in my opinion to a poor website outline, 1st C/S contact with phone hang up. and a total misunderstanding by the seller of the USPS shipping requirements to Alaska.

2017-05-26

Shipping misdirection, 'customer service' anything but

"Part ordered with no immediate notification that an additional .36 cent flat head screw was essential and NOT included. No notice at 'place in basket' tab next to item, and no notice at checkout. (it was noted at very bottom of description, not in proximity of ''order' tab). When missing piece became apparent (unrelated video), 'customer service' refused to add to initial order or waive $2.99 shipping for a .36 cent item. 'Customer service' also refused access to a supervisor. Next time will purchase part from a more transparent company such as Thule, even at slightly higher initial cost. Small item, but reflective of a recurring pattern based on other reviews and sites. One of the "the company is always right" group.. Avoid. "

2017-05-25

If you order and need the item fast (so you pay extra for 3-5 day shipping) it doesn't mean anything.

"First i want to say i have had many purchases with etrailer usually with no problem however this time i found out i was rolling the dice every time i made a purchase. See i deal with customers and somtimes items are time sensitive. So here is the problem, you go to etrailer.com and select an item and pay extra for shipping for 3-5 day shipping (and this will still effect your order even if you opt for free shipping) but the item they say they have on the etrailer.com site is actually out of stock. Even adding the extra money in shipping no signs tell you that your order can take weeks to get in. You will get an email a day before the item is actually suppose to arrive explaining that they are trying to get the item from somewhere else. And good luck getting any real answers.

Your best option is "amazon" never had any issues. Ive order the same item and it will be here tomorrow guaranteed

Wrong parts

"I put my vehicle information in and they still sent me the wrong parts. Now I have to wait 7 days for a refund. They wouldn't send me the correct one out until they recieve the wrong one back. I have to wait for their mistake."

Never arrived

"My packet never arrived and they that me that I had to pay again.
It was an address mistake.

Responsive customer service

"I received great feedback on a question I had in a timely fashion."

2017-05-18

I wish I would have read these reviews before buying from them!

"I ordered a single item immediately after another order because I did not realize I would need an extension cable with the electric brake control I ordered. I contacted etrailer.com immediately to request that this item be combined with my other order to avoid the separate shipping charges. By the time etrailer.com contacted me in response, it was too late to add this item to my previous order. Rather than acknowledge their lack of responsiveness and waive the shipping charge, the representative told me "there's nothing I can do, you have to pay the shipping." They could learn a thing or two from Amazon who allows you to edit an order immediately after it is made. I will be looking for other sources for my trailer needs in the future.

2017-05-18

Excuses excuses. Fix your system!

"If you order several items and one of those items is on backorder retailer will hold your entire order until the backorder comes in and they will just leave you hanging until you call them. This has happened to me twice. A year or so ago they did it to me with two Christmas presents, one on backorder, I ordered 2 weeks in advance, no notifications so I called after 7 days.... miraculously it would be in the next day (Friday). 2 days go by and no tracking info, it's now Monday afternoon, Christmas is Friday, I call them and was told it's shipping out today (monday) 2 days shipping, perfect. Tuesday morning, no tracking info, I call, oh it didn't make the shipping deadline on Monday, it shipped out today. So I think ok, 2 day shipping, I'll get it Christmas Eve, that's ok...WRONG! UPS doesn't deliver Christmas eve (Thursday),Christmas day (Friday), or Saturdays ever! I told them this was unacceptable and I wanted my order canceled. Since the items already shipped they told me I had to pay return shipping. One of the items was very heavy and would have cost me around $80 to ship back so I sucked it up and my son didn't get his gift on Christmas day. I was so darn upset, I swore NEVER again! Fast forward 17 months, I bought a new pickup and ordered a B&W hitch, some Firestone airbags, and some 5th wheel truck bed wiring. Ordered on Saturday, got my emailed order confirmation, no mention of any backordered items, it's still 2 weeks before Memorial weekend so I'm good, plenty of time. Tuesday, still no tracking info, Wednesday morning I call, the lady was very nice, told me the airbags were backordered so she split the order because the hitch was most important and that way she would insure it got shipped that day so I would have it Friday. On Tuesday night a Tornado hit in Chetek Wisconsin and wiped out the RV resort we go to. The owner asked me to come up on Saturday to start pulling out RVs smashed by the trees in the tornado. In exchange we get a free year once the resort opens back up. Well the hitch didn't go out Wednesday so I wouldn't receive it until Monday which was too late so this time I cancelled the order and was forced to purchase the items in Minneapolis for $160 more than retailers price. I hate this company so bad and I swear to God I will NEVER order as much as a fecking lug nut from them ever again! They do not give a crap about the customer and alk they have is excuses."

2017-05-16

Etrailer return policy is a joke!! Extremely horrible..

"Horrible!! The worst I have ever experienced!!!"

2017-05-08

Terrible place to deal with!!!

"I called customer service, gave them my serial number of the axles, and they told me what I needed
to buy. They took my money and after about a week I finally got it. So much for the 2 day shipping!!
As it turned out, it was the wrong goods!! Customer service is so hard to deal with and you never get
the same person twice, so you are starting over with each phone call. It was a month before they
finally credited the account back, which is just terrible!!! I have more than 10 calls to them trying to
get it worked out. They are quick to take your money, but not to give it back because their girls who
take the orders are just pushing parts, right or wrong ones!!! That's how I felt!! I will never order from
them again, and if you order, be sure to know exactly what you want where you are not depending
upon them to help you!!!

2017-04-28

Shipping

"Took a week from day of order to shipping. Had the 2 items I ordered in stock just had to box it up and ship it."

2017-04-28

Great Experience J.King

"it was easy and fast. can't wait to use my new mirrors."

2017-04-27

Poor customer service

"I ordered a ball mount and a hitch ball. Upon receipt it appeared that the two don't fit to each other. When digging into the website the mismatch was very difficult to find and you had to click all the way into the specifications to find that it wouldn't fit. Customer service didn't provide any understanding or a fit resolution (they would have made me a happy customer by just waving shipping cost or send me an adapter for 2 dollars). Their best advice was that I should sell it on e-bay. Very poor service. I don't recommend dealing with e-trailer."

2017-04-24

Great Experience

"Purchased hitch for my Prius. Took only three days to my door. Videos instructions were excellent.
They answered my questions by email within 24 hours. Great experience!

Share etrailer.com's store rating

etrailer.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

etrailer.com is not a merchant member
etrailer.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!