• Address: 1507 East Highway A Wentzville, Mo 63385
    • Contact: cs@etrailer.com
    • Phone: 800-298-8924
    • Customer Support: 800-298-8924
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday C.S.T.
    • Fax: 636-352-0143

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"I bought 2 roof vent caps and a fan blade from etrailer.com. My first bad experience was when they confirmed my order and said that it would "ship from their distribution center in about a week" which means they don't STOCK ANYTHING. They just place YOUR ORDER with the manufacturer and they make a profit by sucking extra money out of you. They order only what you order.
THEN when the products arrived after almost 2 weeks, I prepared to install the roof caps. I removed the shroud and the screen so I could remove the old cap, set up my ladder, climbed onto the roof with the new parts STILL IN THEIR WRAPPER, then when I opened the packaging, one of the caps had melted plastic spilled on it- a blemish. It was also scratched. When I buy a NEW product I don't expect to be given a reject which should be sold as "blemished" at half price. NOW I LOSE no matter what I do- so I installed it HOPING they would credit me half the cost of that vent as it was a "second" but no such cooperation. In fact they said that since it was installed I could not even return it for replacement. The cap is fully functional, however I was ripped off in that they sent me a defective one. My time is valuable too and I mitigated the loss by installing it hoping to get a partial refund or a replacement that I could save for a spare. They REFUSED. I don't think it is severe enough to challenge the charges on the credit card, however I DO FEEL that their techniques should be made known. When you order something by internet their reputation is all they have.

modified review This review was modified by dand1002 on June 09 2014 02:28:49 PM

"I placed my order at 11:30p on Monday. On Thursday (2 business days later), I received a phone call that the hitch I had ordered was not in stock and was backordered through the end of the month. The representative offered up a couple of alternative hitches. I asked her to email them to me as I didn't have time to look into them at that time. By Friday, I still hadn't had time to look at the alternatives but assumed that since my original requested hitch was not available, I would be able to look at it in a couple of days.

Much to my surprise, on Friday, I received an email notification that my parts had shipped. Saturday, I called Etrailer customer service to inquire as to why my parts had shipped. They stated it was because I had placed the order. My impression was that since I was considering alternative hitches, they would hold my shipment until I gave the okay to ship.

I work in Customer Service as well so if one of my customers were considering an alternative part, I would contact them to advise that their part was available early and could ship out right away. I guess I shouldn't assume everyone else would be as considerate and rational as I may be in a similar situation.

"Do NOT BUY FROM THEM. I placed an order over a week ago. I called them to find out that my order wasn't shipped because they didn't have the part in stock. They said their order won't be shipped to them for another 3 weeks, but if I wanted it shipped direct from TITAN tomorrow that it would cost me 14.00 and some change. My order was 584.00 I told them they should pay for it. They refused to do it. So much for customer service. "

modified review This review was modified by meadster on May 07 2014 05:36:10 PM

"What a fiasco dealing with these people. I ordered a Curt hitch...a simple order..nothing complicated.
When the hitch arrived the box had been previously opened and taped back again...an obvious returned part. When I inspected the parts ALL of the hardware was missing..not a bag inside..just the head and legs.
OK..well things happen. I called and explained the missing parts. I told them the missing hardware had to be here in 2 days as we were towing a 5th wheel back from the dealer in a week. No problem they said...at first.
The next day the fiasco starts. Well they can't send me the hardware for a week or more. Curt did not have any in stock. Oh really...do they have another FREAKIN hitch....send me a new hitch and take this open box one back. yah..no offer to do so.
OK...not be captain obvious but do you have one in stock. Why yes we do....OK genius....open it up and send ME THE HARDWAR you failed to send initially.
Oh no can't do that then we would have a hitch missing hardware.
wait..but I have a hitch missing hardware and I am a paid customer. Take your little box cutter..open the box and send me the hardware there sparky. Not a huge problem.
Nope..no can do. You just have to wait 7-10 days or until Curt can find the time to send you some.
Oh really..well thank you for your lack of customer support.

modified review This review was modified by shughey00 on May 05 2014 05:41:33 PM

"Hitch was delivered in a timley manner. It installed easy. But ,always a but, when i tried to insert the ball mount it would not go in. The problem was the reciever hole to insert the lock pin. The reciever was bent in when they made the hole but after some file work and grinding I got it to go. Its all good now. Would ask that you remind manufacture about this problem> Thank you"

"Back ordered item for over a month was shipped the wrong part and was told I had to pay shipping to return even though I had the jeep info punched in their system they sent me one for a GM product. They should have sent a call tag if they had decent customer service! I will not use them again!"

modified review This review was modified by wbmitch on April 14 2014 08:17:45 AM

"Product just as described. Shipping communication above average. Fast Fast Fast to ship out. Reasonable rates. "

modified review This review was modified by bugzz on February 11 2014 11:28:42 PM

"In preparation for a family ski trip, after recently having changed SUVs, I ordered a Rhino-Rack bar system for our cargo/ski box. I followed the instructions on their site, entering the year make and model of the truck, and place my order on their site. First they screwed up the shipping (which I paid extra for – although at least they refunded that cost) so instead of receiving the equipment on a Friday - giving me the weekend for assembly and packing - it didn’t arrive until Monday… the day before I was scheduled to leave.

I struggled for several hours, until nearly midnight, attempting to get the rack on correctly because the bars they sent weren’t big enough to fit the roof of my truck. Only later did I find out they had sent a kit designed for an entirely different make and model of truck. Nonetheless, I found a way to make it work, because I had to get the truck packed up and ready to roll by 7am the next morning ahead of a six hour drive with my wife and kids. What a way to start a vacation!

Upon returning from my trip I explained (nicely by the way) to eTrailer.com that they had sent me the wrong equipment. Their response was that I should, at my expense and aggravation, ship them the too-short bars and they would refund me the purchase price LESS their cost of shipping the correct unit back to me. Their explanation for this outrageousness, and I quote directly here: “I am very sorry you feel that way sir. However you received the parts you ordered online and not with a customer service agent here.” Yes, I ordered online, from YOUR website eTrailer.com! Using YOUR system to choose the unit!

Order from this company at your own risk! If they screw up your order, it’s on you. There are more legitimate vendors out there selling the same stuff. I urge you not to support companies that act this way.

modified review This review was modified by phillyskier on January 31 2014 07:29:09 AM

"Shipping Stinks. Beware. If you are not sure about the product that you are buying at etrailer, don't buy it. The return policy stinks! Keep in mind, if your order a product it ships quickly (within 1-4 hrs) you cannot cancel order (even if you order a product at 11pm). Also they offer free shipping on orders but be careful, if you return the items to etrailer, the merchant will charge back to you the free shipping (incoming) and shipping cost to return the items back to them. The merchant also has a restocking fee of 20% after 30 days of purchase.

Otherwise, the customer service was good. You have to read the fine print.

modified review This review was modified by smittyMD03 on December 30 2013 07:45:42 AM

"I was in the middle of installing a brake controller I ordered from etrailer and noticed that parts in the wiring kit were missing. Even though etrailer screwed up the kit, customer service would only mail me the missing parts snail mail. They told me it would take 3 days to get the part, but after 3 days they still hadn't arrived. Now they say it will take 7 days. It would have been nice if they overnighted the part since they screwed up. l now have the wire dangling under the bottom of my jacked up car - huge pain in the ass. Very disappointing product and disappointing customer service. I won't be ordering from etrailer again."

modified review This review was modified by nkeyh on October 04 2013 03:41:39 PM

"Prices OK but shipping is slooooowwwwww."

modified review This review was modified by Skipples on September 26 2013 09:17:13 AM

"I ordered two trailer wheel and tire assemblies and a bracket to haul a motorcycle on a trailer.The order was placed on a Sunday and received on Wednesday. fast shipping ,order tracking and parts were as discribed."

"..............................................................................................."

modified review This review was modified by mac1011 on June 27 2014 02:03:44 PM

"Receantly I ordered a new fifth wheel slider hitch etrailer answered all my questions and helped with my decision to get the right hitch. I ordered the hitch which was by far cheaper than anywhere else. The hitch was shipped and recieved within 3 days. great service thanks"

modified review This review was modified by nickcs on July 12 2013 06:30:09 AM

"The items I ordered took all summer to arrive. They charged my credit card for full amount when order placed. Some items came damaged and they replaced with another one shipped damaged. I was able to make one good out of two bad items. My hitch cover was used for a couple week before winter and removed until the spring. After total of four weeks it lost a letter and is also rusting. They don't care about the products they send to customers. Stay away from this vendor."

modified review This review was modified by RoyA2 on June 07 2013 06:55:20 AM

etrailer.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

etrailer.com is not a merchant member
etrailer.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!