Stores > etrailer.com

• Address: 1507 East Highway A Wentzville, Mo 63385
    • Contact: cs@etrailer.com
    • Phone: 800-298-8924
    • Customer Support: 800-298-8924
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday C.S.T.
    • Fax: 636-352-0143

Product & services pricing Rating 4.22/10 4.22/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.97/10 0.97/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

2016-08-13

damaged hitch... terrible customer care

"Ordered a new hitch from them as all their reviews are great "on their page only" (convenient). The product came damaged. their response was to paint it. That answer wasn't good for me as the product was brand new and painted with heavy duty powder coating. I was asked to email photo's. After almost 2 weeks I received this lackluster response from customer service.

**Thank you for your order with etrailer.com.

I have received your photos. Minor scuffing on a hitch is common due to the way the manufacturer ships them to us. It is suggested that you touch up your hitch once each year with rust proof paint. This should be an easy fix and does not compromise the integrity of the hitch in any way.

If you have any further questions please email or call 1-800-298-8924.

Katie M.***

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

rip off

"Order a roadmaster base plate for a 2012 jeep. Called etrailer and orded over the phone. Four hours later called back and cancelled the order.Etrailer stated it was to late and they already shipped the order. The order arrived by ups, two days later. The same day I shipped the base plate back at my own expensive. Ten days later found on my credit card that addition 80.00 dollars was taken out. Called etrailer and they advise me it was a restocking fee from roadmaster,and they could do nothing about it.When I placed the order nothing was ever said about a restocking fee.The box was never open.I felt like etrailer has let me down and they donot care.I have been buying from the for years with no problems until now. Beware. "

2016-08-11

Etrailer sold me something they didn't have

"I've made 3-4 purchases from etrailer and only have a complaint about the last order. I bought something crucial for an upcoming (at the time) trip and they sold it to me, then called a day later to say it wouldn't ship for at least a month. Since my trip started in 3 days I was left in a serious pickle. Weeks later I got an email with an apology, but the language implied it was my fault for not noticing they don't explicitly say they stock what they're selling, or whether their products are out of stock. Etrailer.com will not be my first vendor choice from here on, but I may buy something from them if there is no other option. "

This review was modified by sealekt on August 11 2016 06:55:18 PM

Sent out wrong hitch

"They sent out the wrong hitch and wants me to pay for the shipping and restock fee. The customer service is **** and I have emails to prove it.
Don not buy from them.

2016-07-25

Customer service a joke but the product was as described.

"UPDATE: the rack arrived today, July 27, two days after being shipped from Missouri and a day earlier than originally promised (that was on Monday). Despite their very crappy customer service (and a laughable excuse for the order not shipping for a week) all of the parts were there, the rack works exactly as promised. You just have to be willing to put up with some pretty slow customer service and lack of information on your order. My original review is below. I upgraded my review from one star (for the bad customer service) to four stars, because the product is exactly as expected.

I ordered a bike rack on Monday, July 18. I selected free shipping because of the cost. As of Friday, the rack still had not been shipped - and the excuse I got was laughable - the rack was on a high shelf in the warehouse and they were waiting for someone to get it down! Are you kidding me? The rack finally shipped, allegedly, this morning. I was told that with free shipping the delay may be 7 to 10 business days, which THEY DO NOT TELL YOU ON THE WEBSITE. I will likely write another review once the rack gets here - but told them this morning their customer service ****.

This review was modified by unawen84 on July 27 2016 06:06:59 PM

2016-07-22

You will regret doing business with them

"Extremely unprofessional staff. They'll give you the wrong item number to order and then make you responsible for ordering the wrong item. Didn't even offer to wave the shipping on new order. Never again."

2016-07-11

Don't waste your time

"Paid for 3 to 5 day shipping on a towing package for my jeep. They were missing one part so they had that part drop shipped from supplier and then just forgot the other 3 parts. After 4th day and trying to find out status of package as I needed it to go out of town, did I find out nothing had been shipped. Complete oversight, no apologies and no offer to make right. Told me I would have to pay shipping to return the one piece they dropped shipped. They have moved me over to 4 different representives as no one wanted to accept responsibility. This company is far from been one I would ever do business with and customer service does not exist. So much for expedite shipping...bunch of clowns"

2016-07-07

Read details very carefully of what you;re buying at etrailer

"I purchased what I thought was going to be a complete plug and play surge brake kit for my brake-less boat trailer. As I started going through the boxes I received, I discovered the following: 1) No instructions (was told, sorry, no pdf's for the kit I purchased available..) 2) Axle flange bolts are not included. I never read this , but I'm told it's listed somewhere on the product description, These 7/16-20x3/4 hex bolts aren't easy to find.. 3) A third hose kit is pretty much required for boat trailer installations, I ordered this after figuring this out and it's back ordered until mid-month. Meanwhile my trailer is stripped down and out of commission.. 4) The product description lists that this kit will work with 13" wheels. Well "some" 13" wheels is more accurate. My spare wheel doesn't clear the caliper, but my regular wheel just barely get by, I think.. 5) Customer Service has been poor"

2016-07-05

What Clowns

"Cant even fill a simple order but can immediately send an email telling me it will be 7 days before THEY get it to ship to me. I wont be back that's for sure."

This review was modified by HomeyClown on July 05 2016 04:34:02 PM

2016-06-24

Sent me a damaged and rust spotted used trailer

"I called the asap I opened the box. The rail of the tray was severely scratched and had rust. I sent them pictures and they offered to send me a new one and return this one. I don't have time to do that, and for them to pay for shipping is more than they offered to give me to repair the used item. $5.00!!!!! So I could take my time to go to the store, get the paint, paint it, let it dry while getting ready for my trip to Montana. Wow.... baaaaaaad customer service. They said they need it back to make a damage claim. Well of course! So they collect the money and repackage it to send to another customer like me! I mean really...it has rust on it!!!!"

This review was modified by Melodieb on June 24 2016 01:15:31 PM

2016-06-18

"should ship in the next 7 days"

"Beware, after you opt for Priority Shipping at additional expense, they then tell you this!! Try to call them and the phone just rings and rings."

This review was modified by mibracedude on June 18 2016 01:24:52 PM

2016-06-08

Poor Customer Service, Buyers Beware

"Wiring harness module for trailer lights lasted 1 year 2 months, since I am 2 months past the warranty eTrailer will not even give me the option to purchase the module they want me to buy another entire wiring harness. Poor customer service, buyers beware."

This review was modified by ahood81 on June 08 2016 07:54:55 AM

2016-05-16

If you're looking for warranty coverage from e-trailer - good luck.

"I ordered Firestone Coil-Rite Air Helper Springs from e-trailer.com. One of the parts was defective and I was explicitly informed they would contact Firestone, have them send me a replacement part and email me a return shipping label. When nothing happened after a week, I contacted e-trailer.com again. This time they informed they do not warranty this product and that I would have to contact Firestone and send them a picture or video of the leak while a soapy water leak test was being conducted to prove the product was defective. This would require bringing my vehicle into the shop again, having the rear end dismantled again, just so I could take a picture for warranty coverage.

E-trailer.com gave no indication that there is effectively no warranty due to the hoops a customer is required to jump through for a replacement part. In fact, after this experience I looked at their site and there is no mention of the warranty policy anywhere and no way that I can see to leave reviews.

If you purchase a product from this company beware and hope that your product works, because if it doesn't, you're likely out of luck.

2016-05-13

Absolute nightmare compounded by poor customer service. Avoid!!!!

"I needed a hitch for my old Subaru. After digging around, I found eTrailer's very helpful videos and decided to purchase my hitch from them.

Using my car's year, make, model and trim, their website pointed me towards the Curt C122703 hitch. This particular hitch was advertised by eTrailer as "no drill" and would take ~40 minutes to install and I ordered the hitch. This is about the only part of my experience that would go smoothly.

A few days later, the hitch arrived. There was no packaging inside the box, and the box had some damage, where the hitch had punched through the box. Needing to tow the next weekend, I decided to install it right away. I'm very mechanically inclined, as I've done all the maintenance on my own cars and motorcycles. I've rebuilt a motorcycle engine and replaced a clutch on a car. So installing a hitch shouldn't very difficult for me. Well, the Curt hitch simply would not fit my car. It was physically impossible for all 4 bolts to fit at the same time. The final hole was 3-4 inches away from where it needed to be. The hitch was bent (damaged from shipping), which contributed to it, but even if the hitch was not bent, it still wouldn't have fit.

I call up eTrailer to see what can be done, and I'm directed to their "technical expert", Wayne. Wayne was very condescending the entire time. I had to take pictures of the issue to send it to him, and even then, he didn't believe what I was telling him. Eventually, he contacted Curt, and Curt told them there are some Subaru's of my year, make and model where the hitch won't fit, and the solution is to drill. So I'm now 5-6 hours deep into a project that should really only take 40 minutes, and I try to install the hitch again, this time, having to drill into my car's frame to get this hitch to fit. Well, even if I line up all 3 bolts, this 4th hole is still at least an inch away from my car's frame (ie, it's about an inch away from making contact with the frame). I decide at this point, I won't drill my car's frame in a random location, as the frame won't fit anyway.

So I tell Wayne this hitch won't fit, it's not worth me compromising the safety of my cargo or the other cars on the road, and I'd like another model hitch to install, such as the Draw-Tite. Wayne says he can accept the return, but cannot do an exchange as the other models will be no different. He also says they will deduct the return shipping costs from my refund once the hitch arrives. Somewhere in all this arguing back forth, 2 weeks have gone by, and I've missed my deadline to tow. So after discussing this point with Wayne for a bit, he offers to split the return shipping as a "one-time courtesy" stating it's not eTrailer's fault it did not fit my car. For reference, return shipping costs would account for 1/3 of the refund.

This wasn't acceptable, as the hitch not fitting is not my fault - I trusted eTrailer's website and advertisement, so I ask Wayne for the full credit. After a week, he doesn't respond, so I call the supervisor, Kim. After some time on the phone, Kim states she can't give me a full shipping credit for a hitch that's been drilled into (ie, if I followed Wayne's instructions) and the half credit is the best she can do. I told her I never drilled into the hitch as I knew it was pointless as the hitch wouldn't have fit anyway. At this point, she agrees to refund the shipping credit as a "one-time courtesy". So basically, if I had followed their tech's instructions, they wouldn't have been able to accept the return.

I ship the hitch back, it arrives, and *one and a half* weeks later, I have a refund in my credit card.

Total time, from order date to refund on my credit card account: 1 month, 7 days.

For comparison, I ended up purchasing a Draw-Tite hitch through u-Haul's website. The hitch came less than a week later, but arrived damaged and scratched up and with no installation hardware. I called u-Haul, and after about 5 minutes on the phone, the representative apologized profusely and without asking, *overnighted* me a replacement from the other side of the country & arranged for the old hitch to be picked up the next day. He even followed up the next day with an email to ensure everything went well and if I needed an additional assistance. After the replacement arrived, I installed it in 1 hour, and all the bolt holes lined up perfectly and it was a perfect fit for my car.

Good riddance E-Trailer. I'd recommend anyone in the market for a towing hitch order from companies that value their customers. I'd recommend Amazon or u-Haul. They won't argue with their customers or make you jump through countless hoops to exchange/refund bad hitches.

2016-05-08

They need 0 Stars!

"Customer service is a joke with this company and they have zero knowledge of the products they sell. I was placing an order online then called in to verify everything was correct parts for my F 350. One of the things I ordered was a Super Hitch. I called in to see if my Torklift camper tie downs I have on my truck would work with the Super Hitch. Carrieann, my sales rep, told me my Torklifts tie downs would work with the Super Hitch. I received my Super Hitch and my Torklift camper tie downs do not fit. I called Etrailer to complain and the sales rep had no clue what a Super Hitch or Torklift camper tie downs were. I had to go to the computer and have him pull up my order so he could look at the pics of items to see what things were. After 25 min on the phone and being told I had to call Torklift for parts. Called Torklift and they game me the proper part number of Torklift tie down that works with the Super Hitch. Called Etrialer back and was told out of stock and might be in in a couple weeks. Asked to speak to a manager and got the run around, sent to voicemails and also disconnected. The sales reps with this compamy is a joke. I ended up going to local RV place to get the right parts which were the same price and didn't have to pay any shipping. Please do not use this company. they are a JOKE!!!!"

This review was modified by akrock02 on May 08 2016 03:21:54 PM

Share etrailer.com's store rating

etrailer.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

etrailer.com is not a merchant member
etrailer.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!