Stores > etrailer.com

• Address: 1507 East Highway A Wentzville, Mo 63385
    • Contact: cs@etrailer.com
    • Phone: 800-298-8924
    • Customer Support: 800-298-8924
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday C.S.T.
    • Fax: 636-352-0143

Product & services pricing Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10

2016-05-16

If you're looking for warranty coverage from e-trailer - good luck.

"I ordered Firestone Coil-Rite Air Helper Springs from e-trailer.com. One of the parts was defective and I was explicitly informed they would contact Firestone, have them send me a replacement part and email me a return shipping label. When nothing happened after a week, I contacted e-trailer.com again. This time they informed they do not warranty this product and that I would have to contact Firestone and send them a picture or video of the leak while a soapy water leak test was being conducted to prove the product was defective. This would require bringing my vehicle into the shop again, having the rear end dismantled again, just so I could take a picture for warranty coverage.

E-trailer.com gave no indication that there is effectively no warranty due to the hoops a customer is required to jump through for a replacement part. In fact, after this experience I looked at their site and there is no mention of the warranty policy anywhere and no way that I can see to leave reviews.

If you purchase a product from this company beware and hope that your product works, because if it doesn't, you're likely out of luck.

2016-05-13

Absolute nightmare compounded by poor customer service. Avoid!!!!

"I needed a hitch for my old Subaru. After digging around, I found eTrailer's very helpful videos and decided to purchase my hitch from them.

Using my car's year, make, model and trim, their website pointed me towards the Curt C122703 hitch. This particular hitch was advertised by eTrailer as "no drill" and would take ~40 minutes to install and I ordered the hitch. This is about the only part of my experience that would go smoothly.

A few days later, the hitch arrived. There was no packaging inside the box, and the box had some damage, where the hitch had punched through the box. Needing to tow the next weekend, I decided to install it right away. I'm very mechanically inclined, as I've done all the maintenance on my own cars and motorcycles. I've rebuilt a motorcycle engine and replaced a clutch on a car. So installing a hitch shouldn't very difficult for me. Well, the Curt hitch simply would not fit my car. It was physically impossible for all 4 bolts to fit at the same time. The final hole was 3-4 inches away from where it needed to be. The hitch was bent (damaged from shipping), which contributed to it, but even if the hitch was not bent, it still wouldn't have fit.

I call up eTrailer to see what can be done, and I'm directed to their "technical expert", Wayne. Wayne was very condescending the entire time. I had to take pictures of the issue to send it to him, and even then, he didn't believe what I was telling him. Eventually, he contacted Curt, and Curt told them there are some Subaru's of my year, make and model where the hitch won't fit, and the solution is to drill. So I'm now 5-6 hours deep into a project that should really only take 40 minutes, and I try to install the hitch again, this time, having to drill into my car's frame to get this hitch to fit. Well, even if I line up all 3 bolts, this 4th hole is still at least an inch away from my car's frame (ie, it's about an inch away from making contact with the frame). I decide at this point, I won't drill my car's frame in a random location, as the frame won't fit anyway.

So I tell Wayne this hitch won't fit, it's not worth me compromising the safety of my cargo or the other cars on the road, and I'd like another model hitch to install, such as the Draw-Tite. Wayne says he can accept the return, but cannot do an exchange as the other models will be no different. He also says they will deduct the return shipping costs from my refund once the hitch arrives. Somewhere in all this arguing back forth, 2 weeks have gone by, and I've missed my deadline to tow. So after discussing this point with Wayne for a bit, he offers to split the return shipping as a "one-time courtesy" stating it's not eTrailer's fault it did not fit my car. For reference, return shipping costs would account for 1/3 of the refund.

This wasn't acceptable, as the hitch not fitting is not my fault - I trusted eTrailer's website and advertisement, so I ask Wayne for the full credit. After a week, he doesn't respond, so I call the supervisor, Kim. After some time on the phone, Kim states she can't give me a full shipping credit for a hitch that's been drilled into (ie, if I followed Wayne's instructions) and the half credit is the best she can do. I told her I never drilled into the hitch as I knew it was pointless as the hitch wouldn't have fit anyway. At this point, she agrees to refund the shipping credit as a "one-time courtesy". So basically, if I had followed their tech's instructions, they wouldn't have been able to accept the return.

I ship the hitch back, it arrives, and *one and a half* weeks later, I have a refund in my credit card.

Total time, from order date to refund on my credit card account: 1 month, 7 days.

For comparison, I ended up purchasing a Draw-Tite hitch through u-Haul's website. The hitch came less than a week later, but arrived damaged and scratched up and with no installation hardware. I called u-Haul, and after about 5 minutes on the phone, the representative apologized profusely and without asking, *overnighted* me a replacement from the other side of the country & arranged for the old hitch to be picked up the next day. He even followed up the next day with an email to ensure everything went well and if I needed an additional assistance. After the replacement arrived, I installed it in 1 hour, and all the bolt holes lined up perfectly and it was a perfect fit for my car.

Good riddance E-Trailer. I'd recommend anyone in the market for a towing hitch order from companies that value their customers. I'd recommend Amazon or u-Haul. They won't argue with their customers or make you jump through countless hoops to exchange/refund bad hitches.

2016-05-08

They need 0 Stars!

"Customer service is a joke with this company and they have zero knowledge of the products they sell. I was placing an order online then called in to verify everything was correct parts for my F 350. One of the things I ordered was a Super Hitch. I called in to see if my Torklift camper tie downs I have on my truck would work with the Super Hitch. Carrieann, my sales rep, told me my Torklifts tie downs would work with the Super Hitch. I received my Super Hitch and my Torklift camper tie downs do not fit. I called Etrailer to complain and the sales rep had no clue what a Super Hitch or Torklift camper tie downs were. I had to go to the computer and have him pull up my order so he could look at the pics of items to see what things were. After 25 min on the phone and being told I had to call Torklift for parts. Called Torklift and they game me the proper part number of Torklift tie down that works with the Super Hitch. Called Etrialer back and was told out of stock and might be in in a couple weeks. Asked to speak to a manager and got the run around, sent to voicemails and also disconnected. The sales reps with this compamy is a joke. I ended up going to local RV place to get the right parts which were the same price and didn't have to pay any shipping. Please do not use this company. they are a JOKE!!!!"

This review was modified by akrock02 on May 08 2016 03:21:54 PM

2016-04-23

Would give them 0 stars if I could

"Needed a new 5th wheel hitch for our new trailer. From start to finish etrailer was a nightmare to work with. Ordered in stock, then told a part of the order was out of stock, told them to wait to send everything together anticipating the possibility that I might have to order another product as I had a deadline. They agreed, then sent partial order anyway. Finally received all hitch parts 16 days later. Both boxes received looked like they rolled them to my house from etrailer. items weighing over 70 lbs were repackaged by etrailer as though they weighed 10 lbs. Items received dented, scratched, stickers damaged, looked like my new $1500 hitch was dragged down the road behind my vehicle. Called them and complained, was told to send pictures of the box and parts. I did so the same day, which was 2 weeks ago and have not heard from them to date. I won't hold my breath. Apparently they feel they are not responsible for getting me merchandise in an undamaged condition. The obvious assumption is that they just don't care. I will never use this company again, and will happily inform all I can of their shady business practices. If you don't care what you get for your money, use etrailer.....and I can only say good luck to you if you do."

This review was modified by carogers on April 23 2016 07:01:32 AM

2016-04-13

Poor Customer Relations

"This company fails to follow thru on the actions of former employees who themselves, never took the time for a complete follow up. After finally hearing from someone(Meriah) at the company, I was informed that no action would be taken to accommodate my return.

Very poor customer service.

This review was modified by SurfSavage on April 13 2016 05:11:00 PM

2016-04-02

Poor shipping. Worse customer service

"Ordered an almost $1,200 5th wheel hitch. Badly packed. One leg broke totally out of the package. Several legs of the hitch had the powder coat paint chipped off. Other scratches on it from the poor packing. Started rusting right away. Contacted Andrea C. At customer service to ask for factory paint to repair since I don't want a brand new hitch rusting in my new truck. She asked me to send pictures. I wasn't asking to return it, just to touch up the paint. I sent the pics right away and got no response. Emailed again and asked status. Said the pics didn't go thru but my sent messages clearly show the pics were attached. I sent two more sets of pics. No response. Called and talked to another CSR who said she would talk to Andrea and get back to me that afternoon. Several days later I called again an d asked to speak to a supervisor. Funny, they were all in a meeting. That CSR offered to refund $25 so I could buy Krylon touch up paint. What could I do. I said OK. Still haven't seen the discount on my card. I called B&W, the manufacturer to see if they had paint I could buy. They powder coat the hitch so no factory quality paint. They also said they have had problems with Etrailer packaging of their hitches. Wish I had read these reviews before the order. Plenty of other vendors sell this hitch. Have ordered from them before but not again. Guess I can add my lament to a long list of similar experiences."

2016-03-24

I WAS skeptical after reading reviews....

"As soon as I placed the order I thought I should have looked up reviews on the site. I probably wouldn't have placed the order but it was too late. I placed an order on a Saturday and almost immediately received a notice that the item was out of stock! BUT I was notified my order had been forwarded to the factory on Monday. The email I received had a link to track but the link didn't work. I sent an email to customer service about the order and not only did they responded but 2 service reps researched and responded with specific shipping date of my expedite ordered! Package arrived a few days later. Happy to do business with them again!"

This review was modified by DJTNewton on March 24 2016 03:35:40 PM

2016-03-16

patience for a old man

"I inadvertently ordered the wrong parts for replacing wheel bearings, I called up about a hour later and talked to bill, he helped my out and was very patient with me. What a nice firm to deal with. "

This review was modified by nieto on March 16 2016 02:46:49 PM

2016-01-27

They haven't quite figured out web ordering

"They may be great if you order by the phone or in person, I wouldn't know since I tried to order on their website. Impossible to change or cancel the order and they don't bother to actually read the messages sent from the website until after a couple of days. Prices seemed OK but I will go to u-haul or eBay next time if possible."

This review was modified by SteveKadner on January 27 2016 01:01:23 PM

2015-11-21

"I ordered two items from them on Nov. 3rd. One was in stock the other wasn't. I asked for the hitch to be shipped and ship the other item when it came in. A week went by and nothing, they held the entire order. I finally received the hitch yesterday. I called them on Wednesday and asked about the other item and was told they came in and would ship Thur or Fri. I called them this morning and was told they are not in stock and will arrive sometime this week. I cancelled the remaining part of my order. It's been 18 days and many phone calls. No one seems to know what's going on, I'm tired of the run around. Worst customer service ever! I will never order from them again.

2015-10-28

"This was the 2nd time I ordered from them. They really know their products & I had my bike rack super fast! Great customer service!
Nicely done etrailor!

2015-10-18

"Spoke with customer service and sent pictures of my trailer to try to get the right part. Took 3 tries to get it right and they were denying I spoke to the technical department at all. UGH!!! Will not use this company again!"

2015-10-16

"I had a fantastic dealing with etrailer.com. We bought some keys for a toolbox and they did not work, so we had to send them back. I contacted customer service via email and asked where to ship them to. I mailed them back and then emailed again requesting confirmation of receipt. Meriah, the lady that helped me, was very nice and courteous. I will do business with them again. Fast shipping as well."

2015-09-24

"Only etrailer.com and Mr. Keigan B. knows - how to advertise and sell - used, pre owned - Thule 859. Cargo roof basket without the installation hardware ! And after that asking extra payment for this ! They even doesn't know, all hardware - included with any roof cargo basket, from factory. It's like car sold without wheels . First and last time bought anything from this dealer - etrailer.com ! Special Thanks for Thule.com official ! Sent to me installation hardware fast and for free ! Boris V."

This review was modified by Bordin on September 24 2015 04:11:13 PM

2015-09-23

"Ordered a simple Propane supply hose which I was not aware this item was not in stock. After 8 days I get a notice from them that the item has been shipped "expedited". After looking at tracking I discover the item was sent "sure post", nothing worse than this and certainly not "expedited! This is the second time this has happened, they show items that are out of stock and you are told after the fact. I will not do business with this company again."

Share etrailer.com's store rating

etrailer.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

etrailer.com is not a merchant member
etrailer.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!