• etrailer.com
    • Address: 1507 East Highway A Wentzville, Mo 63385
    • Contact: cs@etrailer.com
    • Phone: 800-298-8924
    • Customer Support: 800-298-8924
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday C.S.T.
    • Fax: 636-352-0143

Product & services pricing Rating 5.91/10 5.91/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.64/10 3.64/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10

"I had an issue with the wrong part being shipped to me. Etrailer called me within a few days and resolved the problem to my satisfaction. They are and have always been an excellant company to do business with."

"Worste product and customer service experience ever. First as I am half way through installing the trailer wiring harness package for my 2015 vehicle I find that the wire is too short for the passenger side light. Now that I have the tail lights off and am half way through installation I need to pack up go to the hardware store and get extra wire, heat shrink and crimps. Etrailers reply: we will tell the manufacturer about the problem. Then after countless hours of trouble shooting why the lights aren't working I discover with a rep that the product is completely defective. They agree to send a new unit, BUT they say that it will only be sent out with the shipping that I originally paid for. So I say: you guys send out a defective unit have me waste probably 8-10 hours trouble shooting grounds, faulty wires etc. only to say that you wouldn't overnight this to your customer to at least try to resolve the problem as quickly as possible? Etrailer: No only the shipping you paid for. Don't make the mistake I did don't buy Curt wiring harnesses or buy from Etrailer! I Never post crappy reviews but I will be posting this one everywhere I can so that others don't make the mistake I did and waste hours, money and frustration dealing with this company."

modified review This review was modified by HonestReply on February 24 2015 09:49:30 AM

"Don't buy from these guys. I ordered a roof rack system (after being told it would not be loud). Guess what, the thing screamed. Of my $315 purchase they only gave me $211 back. Freakin ridiculous!"

"ordered 4 brake assemblies ,1-21-2015, were delivered 1-23-2015, the parts bolted right up , had to adjust very little , after pulling trailer, very well pleased."

modified review This review was modified by FrankyHatton on January 26 2015 09:56:37 AM

"Their return policies are written to favor them and not the customer. I ordered a lighted trailer hitch cover and when it arrived it only partially worked and the fit was loose. In order to get a refund I had to send them pictures of the cover installed and answer numerous questions from customer service before they would even consider taking it back (which they did not.) Their return policy states no questions asked but their CS reps badger you. I will not use them again and highly recommend staying away. "

"They screwed me too on the part where they make you pay for the original shipping costs of the order they sent out and you have to pay the shipping costs to send their shit back. We all need to get together and pay someone in MO to go visit them."

"Several months ago I asked about how to pull a fifth wheel trailer with my 5 1/2' ford f-150. The response was informative, which lead me to study more on my issue and came to a decision. I ordered a Reese hitch and sidewinder. I have installed both and they work as they should. I have plenty of clearance to make as tight of turns as necessary. Your staff made my ordering easy. Thanks for your help. William Munns"

modified review This review was modified by WilliamMunns on October 07 2014 09:28:21 AM

"I ordered a hitch for my 2013 hyundai genesis coupe and it did not fit (manufacture defect) and because of this i spent 3 hours trying to get this piece of shit on my car. I got a replace meant and they sent me the wrong hitch! for the third time i get another hitch and this one also was made improperly and would not fit! i have wasted over 6 hours dealing with this shit and all trailer could do for me was give me a 6 percent refund....so my time is worth less than a dollar an hour...thanks etrailer for you shitty customer service and your terrible manufacturer. "

modified review This review was modified by Ih8etrailer on September 26 2014 09:46:09 AM

"Product was never delivered, and awful customer service. I ordered oil bath hub covers and was given a link to THEIR tracking page for delivery. When the delivery date had come and gone (with no delivery) I contacted etrailer customer service. They then gave me an actual USPS tracking number and said the package could be picked up at my local post office. The problem is the USPS tracking site says the package is in Denver CO, not Kansas City (where I am). etrailer customer service has stopped responding, won't credit the charge or re-ship, and the charge is now in dispute."

modified review This review was modified by TWdstck on September 25 2014 07:18:19 AM

"Erika W. at etrailer went above and beyond her call of duty to help me match the hardware kit to my older tow hitch. She followed up and did a lot of legwork in tracking down exactly what I needed. If etrailer places this much emphasis on customer service, it will be around for a very long time. I am very happy with my experience."

modified review This review was modified by jknguyen1 on September 12 2014 11:19:37 AM

"Three separate disappointing experiences with eTrailer. First time - ordered a trailer for a vw stationwagon that was listed as an hour install. The garage called VW and discussed and they decided it would be more like a day - and void the entire car's exaust warrantee. Returned item with out complaint - except for shipping obviously. Against better judgement bought a trailer hitch for an x1; kept having trouble getting the credit card(S) to accept. No issue with the cards - spoke with issuers - so the issue is in their order processing. After literally four calls got approved but they didn't have the right trailer hitch, but they "had one just like it" for a bit more money. Took it to an experienced trailer hitch installer - and turns out we ahd the wrong hitch for the car. Not "just like" the correct one I'd ordered. Three hours of installation later (not the 70 minutes stated) the hitch is installed. But alas - no more eTrailer for me. No eWay. "

modified review This review was modified by robinjohnson88 on September 11 2014 12:04:02 PM

etrailer.com User

"I am very satisfied with my order. Although my order was small. I am very happy with the service and price of items I needed. I am putting together a bigger order now, and I'm sure it will be handled in the same courteous manner."

"Ordered a ball, hitch and hitch lock. Picked the normal 5-7 day shipping. A few hours after I placed the order, I got an email that it had already shipped. It was on my door step the next day when I got home from work. All parts were there and the box was in good shape. HIghly recommend."

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! HORRIBLE COMPANY! We bought a trailor attachment, they sent the wrong part, and we had to not only pay to ship it back which was like $30 but they also charged us for the original shipping when it was thier mistake. Unbelieveable! I will never purchase from this company again!"

"Anyone looking to buy this hitch from e-trailer; Buyer-beware! When I received the product I was not pleased. First, the box it came in was all torn up and you could literally see inside, this could have easily caused parts to be lost. Thankfully everything was still in the box. Second, the Hitch itself was all scratched up, banged up, and it looked like I bought a used product rather than a brand new one.

I contacted e-trailer about this situation, providing them pictures of the damage and the state in which I received the Hitch. Guess what they told me? They offered me touch up paint!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Touch up paint? Not only is the product damaged, but now e-trailer is telling me to go fix it myself. What a good company does is either A) offer to replace the product or B) offer a substantial discount/money back. I was not offered any of those. In the end they didn't even credit me the $20 for the touch up paint.

A horrible experience, horrible customer service, and I Warn everyone considering to buy from here to be prepared for this. I would not recommend buying this product from e-trailer.

modified review This review was modified by kwietnik69 on August 03 2014 05:52:14 AM

Share etrailer.com's store rating

etrailer.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

etrailer.com is not a merchant member
etrailer.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!