Stores > eFax
  • eFax

Voice your opinion! Review eFax by clicking a star below.
2017-09-21

Not so free Trial

"We signed up for their service three months ago using the free one month trial. After about two weeks, we realised that the service was not what we needed so send an email requesting the cancelation of our account. At the end of the first month, they charged us for the following month (obviously not cancelling the account before the free trial ended). We then sent another email and a letter.
We then got charged again and have now send another letter and email as well as advising our bank we would like to charge back the charges to our credit card as they where un-authorized. Wish us luck!

2017-09-20

Not replying to emails - dont start the free trial!

"Sorry but I can't recommend this to anyone. There is no way to contact them via email. Only answer is automatic message saying there is "high volume of queries". So they have started billing me now for their service since I was unable to cancel the 30 day free trial. There's no way to cancel the free trial since they are not replying to email. So now my bank will cancel my credit card so they can not charge it anymore. Also I will be reporting this website to police, since that is all I can do about it. I hope no one else gets scammed by these people: "j2 Cloud Services, Inc." and please avoid their services if you value customer service at all!

eFax ®, eVoice ®, Campaigner ®, FuseMail ®, KeepItSafe ® and Onebox ® are registered trademarks of j2 Cloud Services.

2016-09-12

Wow! They bought out Maxemail??

"I left eFax and got Maxemail few years back. I have been very happy with my annual subscription locked in. Efax buys them and sends me an email saying my subscription will be more than 6 times what I pay now. Screw them. I am out and I have alternates. Efax is unscrupulous and I agree with some of the earlier reviews that these bastards are just after your money. Stay away. I know I am."

2009-11-02

"eFax.com/J2 Communications' high pricing in comparison to their competitors is rivaled only by their poor customer service and vindictiveness when you attempt to leave their service. For three days efax.com refused to directly answer my questions regard closing my account and insisted my usage balance credit was "used up or something they had created" despite my providing my banking record. And when I attempted to download my messages, I could only download 2 out of several pages. And efax never responded to this problem. Then when I attempted to resolve the matter via online chat as advised, the person was not responsive and faked closure of the chat session. I reestablished the session only to have the new chat person direct me to telephone support again. Later that evening I received an email from eFax.com saying they closed the account and refunded the money. However, they never provided a download of the archived messages. And they appear destroyed.

Do NOT use this vendor. If the pricing does not take a bite out of your wallet, the poor customer service and vindictiveness if you try to leave will.

---------- 11/13/09 Follow-up

Is has been over 10 days since eFax/J2 Communications said they would refund my money within 5 to 7 days. And still no word on those archived faxes. Please do NOT use this company.

2006-11-11

"This internet site/service is only interested in your money. They offer a FREE internet fax service that will be suspended the instant your use is outside of their "agreement" and the only way to keep your service is to upgrade to their outrageously priced plans. Their customer service is pathetic and they only want your money!

Don't waste your time.

Share eFax's store rating

eFax is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eFax is not a merchant member
eFax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!