Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.86/10 0.86/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.39/10 0.39/10

"I sent in my near-perfect conditioned black iPad 3 32GB Verizon + WiFi to this company because their website appraised it at $263, much higher than it was appraised for on all other recycling websites. They emailed me last minute on a Friday, after their business hours, telling me that they've finished inspecting my iPad and only offered $16 for it. When I tried calling on Saturday, no one picked up and they claimed that I didn't leave a phone message. Therefore, with their 3 day policy (and they mean 3 days on the calendar, they don't care if their business is closed), because I didn't object, they went ahead and processed my iPad, with no alternative to get it back.

When I finally got through after trying several times during their 8 hour business day and getting cut off, they claimed that:
1. the pixels on my screen were broken (this is absolutely untrue)
2. their process is automated so too bad, my iPad is long gone
3. they should not pay me more than market value, which is "only $40" (which is not true...market value seems to be ~$150).

This company also harassed me multiple times before I got a chance to send out my iPad, and were unapologetic about taking my iPad and leaving me no way to get my iPad back. They are also impossible to get a hold of. DO NOT SELL YOUR ELECTRONICS TO THEM.

modified review This review was modified by ChiBadger on November 24 2014 07:11:24 PM

"Worst company ever! They quoted my iPhone about $147, and after it was appraised I was offered $12. I called them a few times and left messages with no response. Finally I wasted an afternoon calling until I finally got someone. I stated I wanted my device returned and they said it was too late, that I should have called earlier. They gave me an additional $13 to bring my total to $25.

I do not recommend this to anyone.

"They offered $350 and then when they had my stuff only wanted to pay $72. Then they refused to return my stuff even after being instructed to do so. "

"They quoted 136.00 then sent me an email for 19. After calling and finding out they consider my phone not to be in mint condition and we settled for $70. for each of my phones. When calling in be prepared to be on the phone for at least 1 hour on hold.
Somewhat happy

"What a scam. Wish I had read reviews before sending my phone. Was quoted $140 for an iPhone 4s and then get an email on a saturday saying they are giving me $20. Have already sent an email and will be calling them first thing Monday to try and get my phone back. "

"DO NOT use eCyclebest!!! I had a tablet in perfect condition. Only used 2 times. No scratches. Looked like it just came out of the box. They quoted me over $200 and gave me $29! I tried to email and call telling them I wanted the tablet back but could never get through and then they just put the money in my paypal account. I should have used Gazelle but was lured by the promise of more money. Besides that I mailed the table on 10/18 and it was floating around until 11/4. They had no idea where it was and told me it would eventually show up. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!"

modified review This review was modified by sseebach on November 16 2014 09:06:32 AM

"Do NOT do Business with this Company!!!!!! They quote you one price and then once they receive your phone which mine was in PERFECT condition they went ahead and totally changed their price!!!!! BE WARE!!!!!"

"Attention, as of 11/13/2014: anyone who was scammed by eCycleBest is asked to contact the KBK law firm at: Jennifer Duffy - jld@kbklawyers.com

They are currently taking ANY stories of rip-offs from eCycleBest or CashForLaptops as part of research for a class action lawsuit. I have spoken with Jennifer and they need as many client stories as possible!

I was scammed out of a laptop that was initially quoted as being worth $500 dollars, then was lowballed at $39 dollars with no justification. I was also told of this change in the offer just 30 minutes before their business closed on a Friday.

I immediately emailed them demanding my laptop be mailed back to me, but was left with no way to call in and cancel the order because of the weekend. I then received an email from a CashForLaptops employee (I believe they are the same company using two names, sloppy support) telling me I had to call in to cancel any orders, because while they received my demand to return the laptop, they ignored it and wanted a phone call instead.

Their "terms" are cleverly stated so that you can only cancel an order by phone, and they only give you 3 "days", not 3 "business days" to call in, so by Monday, I was already out of luck. By the time I could contact them, after waiting on hold for an hour, they informed me why they had lowered the offer, and after further protest by me, informed me that the laptop was dismantled!

I refused to accept this situation and have since taken up the case with KBK lawyers.

"This is nothing but a scam. The reviews that you see here are consistent with the practices of this sham of a company. They use a large number to bait you in and then tell you that your phone is worth some ridiculous amount. Mine went from $113 to $17. I am not letting them get away with it though. What they are doing is deceptive and very likely fraudulent and I am contacting the BBB, the Attorney General of their state and the USPS, because they are using the postal service to carry out this scam. I am also going to consult an attorney to see what my legal options are. Ecyclebest has to either clean up its act or be shut down."

modified review This review was modified by leandrew on November 11 2014 07:26:25 AM

"HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, CRAPPY! Don't ever use this company! They quoted me at $110 dollars for my iPhone 4s 16GB, and sent me a check for $12 dollars. Then when I called back to get more money or my phone back, after the 30 min wait hold time, they said since it had been past 7 days there was nothing they could do. They already tore my phone apart at that point also. THEY BASICALLY STOLE MY PHONE! Don't give them the benefit of the doubt either! "

"Quoted me 200 paid 35. Horrible. "

modified review This review was modified by donnalrutledge on November 06 2014 08:19:29 PM

"This company is a scam they are crooks they gave me a quote for my blackberry Z10 for $123 (it was in excellent condition) so I sent it in and after they inspect it they tell me they can give me $19!!! So I immediately request for my phone to be returned back via email they said that I have to call in order to make that request, so I call and they transfer to customer care and keep me on hold for 1 hour!!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Go to Gazelle.com I have use them before and they give you exactly what they quote you for.

modified review This review was modified by michaelsong on November 06 2014 10:49:27 AM

"These people are horrible!!! I got an email saying I'm owed $20 for my iPhone 5 16GB. They quoted me at $237!! I've been trying to call this company for four days straight. They've have me on hold for more than 50 mins. It's ridiculous! I finally got through to someone today just to find out my device has been dismantled and sent out and that there was nothing he could do... In the terms and conditions you have three days to call to have your phone sent back to you. Guess what that's bullshit cause they never answer their phone! Do not go with this company. They are a scam and they do not give good customer service whatsoever. TRY AND CALL RIGHT WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR EMAIL! THAT'S THE ONLY WAY .YOU'LL GET A CHANCE OF REDEEMING YOUR DEVICE"

"eCycleBest told me my laptop was worth 700$ and guess how much they told me they were going to send.
55$. I read that after receiving how much my laptop is worth, I will have a choice of whether receiving the money or I get my device back.
And this is the email they sent me :

Good news: your device arrived safely at our facility and just received a professional appraisal by our qualified device inspectors.
Nothing to do now but receive your cash!
After carefully inspecting your device by hand, seeing its condition, and following up-to-the-minute market conditions—you’re owed $55 for the device.
This is the same amount we’d pay everyone else for the same device right now, and it follows the Terms & Conditions we agreed upon when you sent your device.
What’s Next?
No more waiting around; our accounting team is processing your cash right now, and within 3 business days we’ll be sending you your PayPal payment.
Thanks for trusting us as your unwanted device recycler, and improving our environment while you’re at it.
Have an amazing day and look out for your payment!

They don't even ask me if i want the money or the device returned to me.

So please, don't sell them your device.

modified review This review was modified by ruven on November 02 2014 07:03:50 PM

"Without a doubt the biggest scam ever. Quoted me $407 for an iPhone 5S 64 GB and sent me $64. It was in near perfect condition and only a month old... Also impossible to get anyone on the phone to talk to. After filing a BBB claim against them they gave me an additional $116. Still could have made more using Gazelle or one of the more legitimate services. DON'T BE ENTICED BY THE HIGH INITIAL QUOTE! Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. I got slaughtered on this one. "

modified review This review was modified by klazares on November 02 2014 09:13:49 AM

eCycleBest is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eCycleBest is not a merchant member
eCycleBest does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!