• Rating 0.00/10 3 reviews

0.01 /10
    eCycleBest is not a merchant member
    eCycleBest does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • eCycleBest contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"WARNING: ECyclebest is a scam. They tell you that you are going to receive one price for your phone and then you send it in and they don't deliver what was promised. When I was at the Apple store, they said they'd give me $70 after inspecting it. Ecyclebest said that they would give me $95 for my phone. So I sent it in to ECycleBest. Once they received it, they told me they'd give me $20. When I complained, they said they'd give me $50. I said that was still less than what Apple said they'd give me. If you are considering this option, I'd strongly recommend that you have Apple or Verizon check the phone first so you know what condition it is in."

modified review This review was modified by jenniny on March 29 2014 09:29:58 AM

"Ecyclebest and Cash for Laptops WARNING
If you are in the market to sell your Apple product do not use Ecyclebest or Cash for Laptops. I had a really bad experience with these businesses. I will elaborate on this, but in short…do not use Ecyclebest or Cash for Laptops. Use Gazelle instead.
In November 2013 I wanted to sell my Ipad2. I got a quote from Gazelle for $220 and a quote from Ecyclebest for $240. Both proclaimed to have similar services so I went with Ecyclebest.
Nov. 23rd. Ecyclebest received my Ipad. In the email Brian said, “Your package should arrive at our processing center within the next 9-12 days.” That seemed like a lot of time to “process” an Ipad, but OK, I had never done this before.
Dec. 5th: I received an email from Ecyclebest. Brian stated “Your device has a password that is preventing us from completing our inspection so that we can make our final offer and get you paid. Without this information, we will only be able to offer a fraction of what we would otherwise. Please respond to this email ASAP with your password so that we can continue. Let’s get you paid!”
So I responded to the email immediately. I didn’t know the password or PIN. That was one of the reasons I wanted to sell my Ipad since I had not used it in 6 months. Nowhere on their website does it warn you about this being a problem. It doesn’t warn you about anything…just send it in. I also knew that it is possible to restore an Ipad to factory settings without the password…so this made me a bit wary since they are going to restore the Ipad anyways in order to re-sell it.
Dec. 26th: I receive an email from CashforLaptops. “We haven’t heard from you in a while and we want to help you get paid fast for your unused electronic devices. The last offer we made for your device was $70.”
First of all, I never received an offer for $70. I even checked my Spam folder. A bit less than the original quote of $240. And all because I don’t have the password? It goes on to read:
“According to the terms and conditions on our website (http://www.cash4laptops.com/terms), if we haven’t heard back from you in 30 days after we make an offer, we will automatically issue a payment in the amount of the last offer. Today is Day 23. We need you to call us at (888) 821-1143 in the next seven (7) days if you want to discuss this offer further. We're sorry, but, at this point, we cannot accept communication via email.”
I called them and left a message: “ I am very unhappy about the $70 offer. Please call me back to straighten this out.” A woman called me back within 10 minutes. In short, I wondered why the price dropped from $240 to $70 when they are going to restore the Ipad anyways? She insisted that their “certified technicians” could not do this without the password and that it was only good for parts. Huh. So she is saying that if you lose your password your Ipad is useless. People forget passwords ALL THE TIME. While she is defending this falsity I am 100% certain that it is possible to regain factory settings WITHOUT A PASSWORD. But no. She would not budge. So I told her how to do it so she could inform her “certified technicians” then I hung up.
Jan 6th. OK, I waited long enough. I called and asked for them to ship my Ipad back to me. Under the terms and conditions you are allowed to request this at any time. I also let them know that I think they have an interesting way of increasing their profit margin. Later that day I received a phone call from a different woman. This one wanted to know what was going on and wanted to keep me as a customer. Would I take $90? No. I want the $240 that was quoted to me. Nope. Their “certified technicians” could not figure it out. She even said they tried my suggestion and it didn’t work.
Jan 15th: I received my Ipad. I proceeded to restore it to factory settings…even though I am not a “certified technician.” It took less than five minutes. I went to Gazelle.com. Since so much time had passed while dealing with Ecyclebest, the quote from Gazelle decreased from $220 to $160.
Jan 21st: I mailed my Ipad to Gazelle.
Jan 23rd: I received an email “Your box has reached Gazelle.”
Jan 23rd: THE SAME DAY THEY RECEIVED MY IPAD: I received an email that Gazelle had transferred $160 to my paypal account. THE QUOTED AMOUNT.
Jan.24th: I’m writing this note to alert consumers about Ecyclebest and Cashforlaptops.com.
Just for fun I visited the two sites for a current quote on an Ipad 2:
Ecyclebest: $240
Gazelle: $150
Guess which one is realistic? Go with Gazelle..they have integrity. You will not get $90 more from Ecyclebest. What you will get from Ecyclebest: Wasted time and aggravation.

modified review This review was modified by PL000 on January 24 2014 08:55:33 AM

"Be careful as they will give you a high initial quote for your device and upon receiving the actual device they will tell you that the inspection uncovered something or another and they will offer you a third or less of the original quote."

modified review This review was modified by perice on November 12 2013 11:30:21 AM