• Address: 1374 Abbott Court Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
    • Contact: info@ecomfort.com
    • Phone: 866-554-4328
    • Customer Support: 866-554-4328
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 6:00pm CST Mon-Fri | 8:00am - 12:00pm CST Saturday | Closed Sunday
    • Fax: 866-554-4365

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

"Once a minor issue with a back-ordered item was resolved I received my water heater and associated accessories very quickly. They were nicely fixed to a pallet and reached me in perfect condition.

Resolving the back-order issue required a call to helpful staff who even waived shipping costs.

I'll be buying here again as my house building project progresses.

"eComfort does not stand behind what they sell. Bought a mini-split Mitsubishi heat pump and both units leaked upon installation. They will only honor getting replacement parts which I am responsible for labor. Labor is expensive and it seems to be worth it to just buy another system from someone else. Please do not do business with eComfort. Save yourself the headache."

"The “company” eComfort has got to be one of the worst vendors I have ever dealt with in my lifetime. On 2/17/14 before I even placed my order for the humidifier I called to find out if I placed the order that day when I would expect the shipment on my dock, I was informed that the item was not in stock at eComfort’s location but in stock with their vendor and that I would receive my order by 2/28/14. It is 3/5/14 today and I have now had the run around with multiple sales reps telling me over the phone and via email that they are contacting their vendor to find out shipment to their dock and give me a better estimated time of delivery to my dock. Not one single rep has given me specific details of the shipment and for some reason they can’t get their vendor to answer any of their inquiries. Also, no one can give me a confirmed ship date or delivery day at all even with me offering to pay for expedited shipping; all I’ve been told is that I might possibly see my item ‘on or around 3/17/14’. That’s not good enough, 30 days after I placed the order? Are you kidding me! Yet the item is in stock?…I do noSoniat believe that. I’m wondering why their vendor is so difficult to get ahold of if this item was in stock.

I have placed multiple support desk tickets and when I view them online the status on them is ‘closed’ which confuses me because my issue is not resolved at all! I made a phone call this morning and spoke with a rep named Sonia and she apologized for the problems and she specifically said ‘I am going to call the vendor right now and get an update for you and call you back in 10 minutes”…it’s the late afternoon now and I haven’t heard back from anyone with eComfort.

So, I called again and spoke with someone else and of course she promised me the same crap about putting ‘urgent’ on my ticket and finding out what is going on then I asked her to transfer me to Sonia…I was hung up on. I was called back by Sonia and told that their vendor wasn’t cooperating and the manufacturer (Carel) states we won’t see our item until 4/4/14. I appreciate Sonia’s help. But this is absolutely ridiculous! I called again the week of 3/24/14 to get confirmation that we would in fact receive it on 4/4/14; I never got a call back. I called again on 4/7/14 and spoke with Bianca (because we still haven’t received the item) and she informed me I would receive a phone call back and I did not. Therefore, I had to call back again. I was then informed that the manufacturer gave a new lead, another 2 weeks until we will see this item. I was never contacted by David, a manager with eComfort.

I called again on Monday 4/21/14 to confirm delivery for this week and Jawwad informed me he would find out from their vendor and give me a call back. I never received a call back. So, I called back and was told they were still waiting to hear back from their vendor, I never heard back from anyone at eComfort on 4/21/14. I called eComfort the morning of 4/22/14 and spoke with Sonia, she told me she couldn’t see a status update in their system and that she would have to get with their purchasing manager to find out status.

What I don’t understand is why this isn’t being treated as a priority, if it was being treated as a priority there would be updates in their system and they would be more aggressive with their vendor. Sonia informed me I will hear back from her within 1.5 hours from the time I spoke with her, she stated she was making it a priority. About 7 hours later I still hadn’t received a phone call back. I called in the afternoon and spoke with Bianca, she promised the same – calling the vendor and making it a priority. I called again on 4/23/14 and was told the same story from Megan. However, this version consisted of their vendor claiming that the manager had left for the day and a note was being left on that person’s desk to call eComfort ASAP regarding this order.

I received a phone call from Megan on 4/24/14 in the morning informing me that their vendor, Temperature Equipment Corporation, gave her a ship date of 5/12/14. I contacted Debbie at Carel and she informed me the order was placed by TEC on 4/14/14 and that this item is built per order (that also reinforces the false advertising by eComfort when their site states that item is ‘in stock ready to ship, 3-4 days’), she forwarded me to Michael at TEC. Michael informed me that they have not received phone calls for status updates on that order. Michael needed the PO to be able to look up our order so I called eComfort and Megan informed me it is against their policy to give that type of information out so I told her Michael with TEC will be contacting her directly to get the PO number. She asked if there was anything she could do and I explained that they haven’t done anything for us, just given us the run around and cost our company over $1.5 million in revenue on a project we could not start on because we have not received the humidifier.

Megan then replied that TEC lost the PO and that is why it was not submitted until 4/14/14, and she got a bad attitude with me, interrupted me and talked over me many times in that short phone call. I relayed all of this information to Michael and he is contacting eComfort. We canceled our order with eComfort, obviously.

In retrospect I should have asked for eComfort’s vendor and contacted TEC directly, back in March.

Not once did anyone, rep or supervisor from eComfort, contact our company to apologize or do anything at all to patch up this situation, or offer a discount, or use a different vendor, or an alternative product, nothing!

How can eComfort ’s website and personnel state that the item is ‘in stock and ready to ship, 3-4 days’ when that is so obviously not the truth, especially since the item is not stocked anywhere, it is built per order. I definitely do not recommend eComfort to any consumer.

-nicole chappelle

modified review This review was modified by nmchappelle on April 24 2014 10:04:04 AM

"First off I want to say that it took a couple weeks for them to ship but overall I did not have any real issues with purchasing. BE CAREFUL because their website content may be inaccurate when it comes to warranty details. Also I did not realize that my Fujitsu units warranty would not be recognized by Fujitsu directly because I had purchased through ecomfort.com until after I bought it. This may be true of other brands as well... do your research.

Unfortunately the unit I bought did have a premature failure and by the time I got around to getting it fixed it was technically a few months out of warranty. Initially ecomfort refused to honor any warranty replacement but after a few emails and phone calls they eventually did the right thing and sent me a new part. Overall my experience with them was pretty decent.

modified review This review was modified by joelm on April 15 2014 11:31:06 AM

"I placed an order on this company's website for Precisionaire HD - 16'' x 24'' x 1'' - Disposable Filters - MERV 4 - Qty. 12 on 10/30/2013, and I never got any shipping comfirmation despite communicating with the company for multiple times. I was told that it has been in process every time.
The good thing I paid through PayPal, so I filed a complaint via PayPal after 40 days of my order placement.
I was able to get my money back after two months of my payment through Paypal.
My order has never been processed. ecomfort.com is commiting commercial fraud potentially. Please be careful if anyone wants to place an order through its website.

modified review This review was modified by pinkieyang on January 07 2014 10:02:11 AM

"Ordered based on price but ended up cancelling order because of false advertising. Do not trust the stock status info. Had to waste 9 days on a product that shows in stock and will ship in 1 to 2 days... Finally called (and spend 27 minutes on hold) and they wanted me to wait another 5 days!"

modified review This review was modified by chuckcoughlin on September 18 2013 07:50:12 AM

"I added 4 filter types to my cart. Waited til the next day to order the filters because I wanted to add a fifth that I did not know the size of yet. When I logged back on all the prices had double. After waiting on hold for 30 minutes nobody knew why the prices had double and they were very rude and unhelpful."

modified review This review was modified by craigsten on July 30 2013 06:59:06 AM

"Just exactly what everyone else complained about, once they get your money your screwed.This is the WORST online company I have ever deal with . Received $2700 in merchandise damaged and Ecomfort refuses to do anything about it. refuse to exchange or return even sent them the picture of the product, very rude customer service supervisor. you call them again they just hang up the phone. i will not even want give them 1 star."

modified review This review was modified by jose7388 on June 28 2013 09:09:44 PM

"I placed an order for Schluter products on Monday; all products in stock when I ordered. This order was in processing status for 2 1/2 days. They sent notice that they only partially fulfilled the order with no indication about the remainder.

So far, it has been 4.5 days and the package has not left their facilities. And that's just the first part of the order, no word from them on the rest.

That's how retailers operated a decade or two ago. That's not what we expect today, certainly not from an outfit doing business through Amazon.

modified review This review was modified by ShrekOgre2 on May 24 2013 05:49:33 AM

"I placed an order with ecomfort.com back in feb. of this year for four items. They did ship the order in a timely manner but one of the packages was damaged by UPS (who told me it had been delivered and "probably been stolen by one of the neighborhood children".) I told the agent we had security video of the non-delivery, whereupon she immediately admitted they had not delivered the package. They delivered the package the next day with a five inch hole through the center. I contacted ecomfort and after numerous e-mails that went unanswered they eventually sent me a replacement. Everything seemed good. I sent numerous e-mails asking what I should do with the damaged product. Never got a reply until I sent a very critical e-mail which was returned by one Damian Davis (an appropriate first name for a fictional character) He apologized for the non-response etc. Two months later I found that ecomfort had billed me for the replacement they had sent for the damaged item. I called and spoke with one of their reps and was told she would call me right back. Never heard from her again. Multiple phone calls with the same results. I asked to speak with Mr. Davis every time and he was either out or on the line waiting to speak to me and upon transfer I was disconnected. I eventually had my credit card company stop payment on the extra charge they tried to quietly slip in hoping I didn't check my bills carefully. This is not a company I would recommend dealing with simply because their customer service policy is to simply hang up on you if you are not ordering something. "

"By far the lowest cost on a bathroom mirror. Did take a full 10 days to ship, so I had to be patient and was worried at one time having read the reviews on this thread. However it arrived and is perfect, and saved me a load of money so I am very happy."

"I bought a fantech dryer booster fan on March 21. I was told it may not be shipped until April 3. To my surprise, I received it on March 27. That was much earlier than I expected.I contacted custumer service with a couple of questions regarding my order within that time frame and was helped by a rep both times.I also received a tracking number for my ups shipment and was able to monitor its progress en route to my house. I have read a few bad reviews regarding some peoples dissatisfaction with this company but in my own personal experience, I thought they did a job well done."

"I ordered an expensive HRV ventilator. Website said then and still says "Availability: In stock. Ships within 3-5 days". Nine days after receiving the order confirmation email, I still had not received a shipping notice. I called the company and a woman with an Aruba accent put me on hold for a very long time then lied to me that they had experienced a high demand for that product and it would not be shipped for five more days. Of course my credit card was charged right away (most reputable vendors do not charge the card until they ship)."

"WORST ONLINE STORE EVER, WORST customer service. Been waiting for weeks for my order to arrive, called them several times to ask for tracking information but they kept saying we will email you tracking info TOMORROW. Finally asked them to cancel my order and requested a payment refund. They said they will refund only if I return the items. WHAT ITEMS YOU SCAMMERS?!! They can't even give me evidence that they shipped it, now they wanna make it difficult for me to get my money back. Buyers, beware. These are scam artists, liars and frauds."

"SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND WATES TIME WITH ECOMFORT.COM
I bought the Mitsubishi heat pump system consists of 1 Outdoor condenser and 2 Indoor units for the total of $3663.95. At the delivery, I found the condenser appeared damage, contacted ecomfort, was given a Claim ticket #, and told to return the damage conmdenser to the delivery truck, and I will get the replacement in a week. The delivery driver wrote on the carrier's receipt that " concealed damage, no damage to box. I also took 6 pictures of the damage condenser and sent them to ecomfort.com Sales Manager, Mr. Chad Metzger.
Through many phone calls and email, after 2 weeks of the delivery, I received 1 email with excuses and promises to give me the shipping's tracking number by the end of the day. After I called Chase Visa to place the transaction in dispute, I received the second email offerred more excuses and asked me to remove the hold on my credit card so he can ship the replacement. THIS SHOWS THAT HE DID NOT SHIP THE REPLACEMENT OUT BY THE END OF THE DAY AS STATED ON THE FIRST EMAIL. I waited for a month, then I informed ecomfort that I need to have the heater installed because the weather got into 40s degree at night, I have to buy the condenser elsewhere, but I got no reply. To resolve the dispute through Chase Visa, Ecomfort.com DID NOT CREDIT me back all the money for the damage returned condenser. It took back $713.90 for the discount amount which I did not know until I got the invoice. Furthermore the discount did not show anywhere on its website. ecomfort.com has employed a very dishonest business practice. When the customer returns a damage product, ecomfort.com makes promises and no shipment, then customer has to wait for the replacement a longtime. So when the customer has to give up the replacement to buy the product elsewhere, ecomfort.com then charged the customer its unknown discount.

eComfort.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eComfort.com is not a merchant member
eComfort.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!