Stores > eCollegePC
  • eCollegePC eCollegePC Elite Status

Product & services pricing Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10
Voice your opinion! Review eCollegePC by clicking a star below.
2017-09-01

OMG! its so tiny and cute!

"Recently built myself a gaming system from eCollegePC and had to say the service was amazing along with the price. They answered my email about shipping promptly, and the computer arrived within a week. The computer is well put together, cable management great, and OMG! it is so so quiet, had to turn my room fan off to even hear it, and even then i had to strain. The case is super tiny (only 15" tall!) and cute too so i love it. Really cant recommend these guys enough, you wont be disappointed."

2017-08-09

First time with this vendor

"I have a background in information technology and have had experience building software images for an agency of the US Government. We had a few different computers fri, major computer manufacturers. I know how much attention to detail is required to match software to hardware. It took patience and hard work , and I rarely succeeded the first time.
As a result, I have been patient with builders of computers who have omitted a driver or forgot to include a component required. Maybe five computers from different vendors. No one has ever got it perfect. Until now.
Ecollegepc got it right the first time. They even plugged sockets on the computer case that were not pertinent to my build. I am hard to impress. But I am this time.

2017-07-14

Amazing

"Excellent customer service. They respond to your email or calls quickly. Excellent computer builders with extremely competitive prices. I would've given them a rating of 10/5 if I could."

2017-06-27

Excellent Customer Service

"Machine arrived timely - looks great and working well so far! My son loves it, but forgot to get a wireless card so I reached out to customer service. Mike responded VERY quickly and even made recommendations on what to purchase for us! In an age where customer service is dead, it's nice to work with a company that still appreciates its customers! Thanks, Mike! "

2017-05-05

The Real Deal

"I purchased a custom gaming computer from e-college PC in January 2017 and wanted to wait a few months before I wrote this review to see how the machine performed over time. Well I can't say enough good things about this company. The entire process was quick, efficient and I got exactly the computer I wanted. This is the fourth custom machine I have ordered over the past 12 year - the previous three from other vendors, so I believe I have a reasonable comparison based upon my experience with other computer builders.

The first thing I noticed when looking at e-College's offerings was that they were not forcing me into a partially pre-built machine, some components of which I did not want but could not change. In the past few years I have noticed that this seems to be the trend in this industry - moving away from "you pick exactly the components you want" to "we will build half the machine and you choose the rest". This was true with every other vendor I looked at but was not the case with e-College. You choose every component you want and you aren't penalized financially for that option. The machine that I had built could not have been completed by any other manufacturer because they either did not offer or did not have all the components I wanted. I was even able to get the newly released samsung 1Tb 960 Pro m.2 drives the day after they were released to the consumer market. These drives were out-if-stock everywhere because of anticipated demand.

The second major difference I noted in dealing with e-College was the time from order to delivery, which in my case was about 10 days. In all my previous custom purchases the process took anywhere from 6-8 weeks and that was after many calls asking them about my ship date. e-College also offers warranty options and support that far exceed those offered by any other vendor I have come across. As far as price goes, I got much more computer for far less money than I could have gotten from any other builder.

Lastly and most importantly, the computer I received runs like a dream. I have had it for 4 months and it hasn't missed a beat. In the end this is really what it's all about. A great machine at really good and fair price.

This company bypasses the advertising blitzes and claims of the other vendors and very quietly just gets it done. If all remains as is in terms of performance of my unit, I will never buy a computer from any other builder - they have earned my business and I highly recommend them to anyone who is in the market for a custom machine.

2017-05-03

Incredible Product and Support!

"I was in the market for a new PC as mine has slowly become dated. I used them to build a gaming PC, but any PC in general will surely give the same incredible support and results.

While their website doesn't have as many bells and whistles as the major PC players out there, they really do an amazing job. It's very simple to navigate and do your build. In doing so, I had a few questions/concerns, and that's where the awesome tech support helped.

Mike from tech support is truly a master, both in his timely replies and the detail he gives in his answers. he answered all of my questions and gave me options as to what would work in my build. He even suggested cheaper options that would do the job in regards to cooling and cases, which was awesome. Once I had a final build ready he said it looked good, and I felt 100% confident in my choices after a few emails back and forth with him.

The price as well is wonderful. I did similar builds on other websites (at least 10) and this was the best. And they all had the top notch products available (processors, graphics cards, motherboards, etc). Before I would complete 75% of a build on a different website, it would already exceed what eCollegePC quoted me on.

They shipped it with great care, included every manual and information for every piece and even wrapped the important parts INSIDE of the PC so they don't get damaged. I am so happy with my build.

If you are considering building a PC or know you want to for sure, just stop looking. Use eCollegePC. Seriously. Anybody else is a complete waste of time and money.

2017-04-27

Exceptional Customer Service

"They are very responsive and really take care of you. I would recommend this site to anyone who wants a fairly priced custom built PC with customer service you can count on."

2017-02-05

Not really a review writing kind of guy...

"I normally don't take the time to write reviews. Maybe I'm a little old school, but the product I purchase is the product I expect. What Mike and eCollegePC did for me goes above and beyond all of my expectations. I recently purchased a highpowered, yet affordable build from them as a little treat for myself after looking at buying a PC for the past year or two. I have zero experience building PCs, but knew enough about the various pieces that I felt I could comfortably pick what I'd like in my build. Their hardware selection is fantastic, and consistently updated. Prices are comparable to what you can find on Amazon or Newegg. I ordered my PC, and received the confirmation and invoice shortly. Ordered on a Wednesday, received the next Wednesday -- shipping was a breeze, and everything was packaged extremely well. My computer was safe and snug, with all of the different manuals/optional pieces bagged nicely. All I had to do was plug everything up at home and turn it on -- and it's been running like a dream ever since! I would HIGHLY recommend eCollegePC to anyone even lightly considering building a custom build. I saved a great amount of money as opposed to going through the more well known websites. I cannot speak highly enough of the job they did for me! Thank y'all so much! "

2017-01-06

Awesome Computer at an Awesome Price

"I had a great experience with Ecollegepc. Computer is perfect. Fast build and shipping. Couldn't be happier. I highly recommend them!

2016-10-07

Mike is a AI!

"As a PC gamer I built my own since I can remember including liquid cooling and air cooling PC. I had done several month of research and plan to built it myself, but I had become very lazy after many many years building it myself. I went to several different custom build website and compare price and parts, which eCollegePC beats all the other sites price by far. Also if they don't have what you want just email sales and they will get it for you. What is funny is that I just stumble upon eCollegePC by chance base on another site review and what is amazing is that their site looks something I would of built in college, which is plain and simple but don't judge it's book by it's cover because they are a amazing company. I highly recommend eCollegePC for awesome service, products, and support. Great Work Mike and Staff. (P.S. I think Mike is an AI that does it all.)"

2016-10-01

Absolutely the Best!

"I email Mike a few times, and explained to him that this would be my first gaming pc. I told him exactly what I needed to do, as I am also a student. I am loving my pc, and I will definitely be ordering again pretty soon. Customer service was the best I have ever experienced. Thanks Mike. "

2016-09-28

Great customer service

"This is my 2nd PC from eCollegePC, the 1st is still going just getting old and thought it was time for a new one. Have been taking my time setting up windows and only the software I absolutely needed ( want as clean a machine as possible ). The other day the PC just would not turn on, Mike sent me a power supply which I installed, did not fix it. I shipped it back, turns out was the Motherboard. My PC was repaired and shipped back that day. These guys really stand behind their PC's. Overall very happy I buy my PC's from these guys. "

2016-09-12

OLD Gamer

"Did my homework on company's and there builds-quality- price- service all of which led me to ecollegePC i configured my machine and emailed sales to look it over and see if it would meet my requirement's for the games i play and Mike replied quickly with some positive suggestions that made the machine stronger and saved me money now thats service before the sale so i ordered it and they shipped it promptly after build was complete always emailing me with progress on it! needless to say i am very very happy with this beast it runs my games at max settings in HD with no strain!!!!!
Would i order from them again YES YES YES
Build-
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0Ghz 8MB Cache Quad-Core | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Fan/Heatsink | ASUS Z170-A (Intel Z170, HDMI, 3xPCI-E, 7xSATA, 4xDDR4) | 32GB (8GBx4) G.Skill Ripjaws PC4 24000 DDR4 3000Mhz Memory Lifetime Warranty | 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO Series MZ-75E500B/AM SATA3 SSD | 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 6Gbps Western Digital Blue | 12X LG Blu-ray Player / 16X DVD+/-RW DVD Burner SATA | 8GB GeForce GTX 1070 GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP (Major Brand) | Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit (Includes DVD + COA) | Apevia Black/Blue X-Dreamer 4 (4 5.25, 5 3.5) 5 Fans, Audio/USB 3.0 | 850watt Corsair RM850 Modular 80 PLUS GOLD CERTIFIED | Onboard 1Gbit LAN included | Onboard HD 7.1 Sound included

2016-08-28

New Gaming PC -Intel 6850, TitanX Pascal, 512 samsung 950 M2 SSD,

"I was at the point of need to up grade my PC. I really didn't want to build yet another one. Most of the major players were crazy high priced. but I read several reviews about eCollegePC and put together a system that I could live with. They were not only incredibly fast, but very responsive to my very unreasonable time frame and constant changes. I can't Imagine using another builder other than them for another build. I was looking to get the new Titan X Pascal and they were able to get me one for my system. The motherboard I chose for the build was buggy but they sent it to me with out flaw and with great win marks. I sent them I email to ask them an email to thank them for their amazing build. I love it. I can't think of any con's to the system. They will certainly offer anything that you want to put into the build that you don't see on their site if you call and speak with them. "

2016-08-05

WOW!

"I was considering replacing my 6 Year old gaming rig. I was looking at the "Big" name companies ..Falcon NW, Main-gear and Origin PC. I accidentally stumbled on a review of eCollegePC. I did some research on them and found that almost all of their customer Reviews were 5 star. I went to their web site and spec'd out what I wanted and was floored by the pricing. It was about $1200 less than any of the other bigger outfits. I called them and spoke to Mike and decided to go with them. I had several Special requests that were accommodated with no problem. I wanted a case they didn't carry (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe), an Asus Strix 1080 Video and a special light strip that synced with the case lighting.

The Video Card added to the build time because it was in short supply. I ordered my system on July 13th at 6pm...I received my system on July 28th only 2 days ship time and shipping was free.. (again it took a week to get the special video card) . I booted up the system and was really impressed...it was fast and quiet. I ran 3D mark..the score was better than 97% of the pc scores they had and most of those were SLI and with a faster processor. Here are my specs:

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0Ghz 8MB Cache Quad-Core |

16X LG WH16NS40 Blu-ray Disc Burner 3D Playback

8GB ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 1080 GDDR5X PCI-E

DVI/HDMI/DP (Major Brand)

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit (Includes DVD + COA) |

Phanteks Black Enthoo Enthoo Luxe w/Window (4 5.25, 6 3.5)

3 Fans, Audio/USB 3.0 |

airflow |

3 Year Warranty + Three year pickup and return |

Standard processing time: Ready to ship within 5 to 7 Business

Days

This system was a shade under $3500. If you were "on the fence" about ordering from eCollegePC..don't be. I've owned PC's from Falcon NW and Digital Storm.. This PC will stack against any of the competition!

Mike thanks a bunch!

Share eCollegePC's store rating

eCollegePC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

eCollegePC is a merchant member
eCollegePC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,434 merchant members.