• eCollegePC eCollegePC Elite Status

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.58/10 9.58/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.58/10 9.58/10

"I usually build my own PC's because big name builders like Origin/Xidax/Falcon cost SO, SO much more money. With eCollegePC the cost was just a tad more than building it myself, but I got the benefit of a 3 year warranty, beautiful cable management, and free shipping. I had a strange problem with my power supply (it was a quality brand PSU, just this unit was funky) where the computer wouldn't turn back on after a shut off unless I waited a minute or so. Mike sent me a new PSU asap and I had it installed in less than 3 minutes. Fixed the problem. If they keep their prices reasonable and build quality good I might never make my own again."

"Excellent custom computer build and fairly priced, Courteous, expert advice; timely communication/follow-up; and stellar customer service after the sale. Highly recommended."

"I just got my new machine custom built from eCollegePC and have to say they have some of the best customer service I've had with any company I've dealt with online. Response time is not only amazing they know what they'd talking about (thanks to Mike in particular). Keep up the good work and thanks for a killer gaming machine!"

"I was looking for four new work stations for a busy photographic studio. We needed high spec PC's without gaming graphics capability. Mike worked with us to come up with a suitable specification and quoted a very fair price. After ordering, the PC's were built, shipped and installed without incident. Overall - very satisfied and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for custom built PC's."

"Wonderful service and excellent product.
I custom designed a gaming system and they made it work perfectly...

"Very impressed with the efficient, clean build of my new PC. Great communication, reasonable prices, and perfect build. Many thanks!"

"The best service you can get always respond and are very helpful with problems. The computers are great and affordable. Best site I have found"

" Very happy with my new PC
This is my first pc in 3yrs so i spent a lot of time researching online comparing offers and pc specs
it arrived perfect and i was able to see that it was built with great care by someone with experience who did a fantastic job.

Was great communication from mike.fast shipping with expert packing
arrived better then expected
3 years i will be a return customer=)

Research your specs and the company reputation it means so much more then flashy websites that offer the image of power when reliability and power can mean so much more.

"I recieved my new computer from ECOLLEGEPC yesterday and it looks and runs great! And I got a lot more computer for less money than the bigger guys offered. Thank you Mike!"

"Great technical support! Very helpful with everything. Also great prices and products! "

"Purchased a system from eCollegePC, had a minor CPU heating problem, called for support. Support addressed the issue on the phone, after just a moments investigation (the tech told me what to do). We solved the problem instantly. System is now 2 years old, running just fine."

"An all-around fantastic experience! I was in the market to build a very nice but still affordable gaming computer. However, my knowledge of gaming computer specifications was limited and the prospect of selecting the wrong components for my needs was downright scary. I expected the process to be daunting but Mike was with me every step of the way from start to finish and beyond. I received responses to all of my emailed questions very quickly - sometimes within minutes- and got great advice. Shipping was quick and I received the pc in excellent condition and plug-in ready. Even a few questions I had after receiving the pc were answered just as rapidly. The customer service I received from eCollegePC was top-notch, well above and beyond the usual. Given the excellent product and stellar customer service, I would not hesitate to purchase from this company again."

"The two outfits who built systems to my specs in 2007 and 1997 are gone and there's no one else in Phoenix, AZ - not at pricing on par with the on-line whitebox crowd anyway. So I went searching and eCollegePC rose to the top every time. I examined the business from every angle including records on file with the Missouri Secretary of State. There was nothing to make me suspect they weren't anything but legit.

What set eCollegePC apart for me from the gee-whiz big-time outfits like iBUYPOWER, CyberPower and the like is that they're not, well, gee-whiz big-time. Except maybe for a stellar reputation as an eBay Platinum Power Seller and their standing here at ResellerRatings.

No one else that I could find was able to match their warranty: three year parts and labor. For a few extra bucks there's a "hassle free pickup and return" warranty (one, two and three year options) where FedEx will be dispatched to pick up your system so eCollegePC can do the warranty repair and ship it back to you.

Having wrapped up my research, I ordered Thursday on-line and next Thursday a nicely built i7-3770K/Z77 arrived at my doorstep. For $1223 delivered I have a great system comparable to ones at $1500-$1700 had I gone for a branded system from a local big-box store or their on-line configurators.

Mike is eCollegePC's chief cook and bottle washer and a saint. Leading up to my final configuration he responded to my dozen or so emails within an hour - several within minutes from his smart phone. After I ordered, I changed my mind for a better PSU and in two emails and a PayPal transaction, it was done. He even accommodated my request that all parts' boxes, docs and leftover bits and pieces be shipped with the system. And to setup the Windows 7 build with three partitions the way I like it done.

Considering they've been in business for 12 years, when I'm lusting for Intel's 5th gen procs and Windows 10 (SP1 of course) I'll know where to place the order.

modified review This review was modified by dallas7 on August 06 2012 09:58:15 PM

"I am exceptionally impressed with ecollegepc. The product was everything I had hoped for, but the customer service is what sets this company apart. I had several questions before sale, and they were all specifically answered within hours. Once the computer arrived, I had a few difficulties installing my OS on it (none of which were the fault of ecollegepc). Rather than the typical "check with someone else" or "search the Microsoft website" answer I would have expected, I received a thoroughly researched and detailed response, within about 2 hours, detailing the steps I needed to take. Once I followed their instructions (had to change some hard drive settings in bios for my OS) I was up and running like a shot. When they say they stand behind their product, they mean it.

It is also worth mentioning that I researched many different whitebox companies before going with ecollegepc. They were the least expensive of all I found.

After my experiences, ecollegepc will be my first and only stop for all my future business and personal computer needs.

"I've ordered 4 desktop computers from E-college PC and I've been amazed with the quality of each one. I will never order a computer from anywhere else!! E-college PC's customer service is unbeatable..They offer free shipping on all orders,respond to questions immediately and are always courteous and professional. They value their customers and always put them first. If you're buying a computer,buy it from E-college PC!!"

Share eCollegePC's store rating

eCollegePC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

eCollegePC is a merchant member
eCollegePC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,838 merchant members.