Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10

" Very happy with my new PC
This is my first pc in 3yrs so i spent a lot of time researching online comparing offers and pc specs
it arrived perfect and i was able to see that it was built with great care by someone with experience who did a fantastic job.

Was great communication from mike.fast shipping with expert packing
arrived better then expected
3 years i will be a return customer=)

Research your specs and the company reputation it means so much more then flashy websites that offer the image of power when reliability and power can mean so much more.

"I recieved my new computer from ECOLLEGEPC yesterday and it looks and runs great! And I got a lot more computer for less money than the bigger guys offered. Thank you Mike!"

"Great technical support! Very helpful with everything. Also great prices and products! "

"Purchased a system from eCollegePC, had a minor CPU heating problem, called for support. Support addressed the issue on the phone, after just a moments investigation (the tech told me what to do). We solved the problem instantly. System is now 2 years old, running just fine."

"An all-around fantastic experience! I was in the market to build a very nice but still affordable gaming computer. However, my knowledge of gaming computer specifications was limited and the prospect of selecting the wrong components for my needs was downright scary. I expected the process to be daunting but Mike was with me every step of the way from start to finish and beyond. I received responses to all of my emailed questions very quickly - sometimes within minutes- and got great advice. Shipping was quick and I received the pc in excellent condition and plug-in ready. Even a few questions I had after receiving the pc were answered just as rapidly. The customer service I received from eCollegePC was top-notch, well above and beyond the usual. Given the excellent product and stellar customer service, I would not hesitate to purchase from this company again."

"The two outfits who built systems to my specs in 2007 and 1997 are gone and there's no one else in Phoenix, AZ - not at pricing on par with the on-line whitebox crowd anyway. So I went searching and eCollegePC rose to the top every time. I examined the business from every angle including records on file with the Missouri Secretary of State. There was nothing to make me suspect they weren't anything but legit.

What set eCollegePC apart for me from the gee-whiz big-time outfits like iBUYPOWER, CyberPower and the like is that they're not, well, gee-whiz big-time. Except maybe for a stellar reputation as an eBay Platinum Power Seller and their standing here at ResellerRatings.

No one else that I could find was able to match their warranty: three year parts and labor. For a few extra bucks there's a "hassle free pickup and return" warranty (one, two and three year options) where FedEx will be dispatched to pick up your system so eCollegePC can do the warranty repair and ship it back to you.

Having wrapped up my research, I ordered Thursday on-line and next Thursday a nicely built i7-3770K/Z77 arrived at my doorstep. For $1223 delivered I have a great system comparable to ones at $1500-$1700 had I gone for a branded system from a local big-box store or their on-line configurators.

Mike is eCollegePC's chief cook and bottle washer and a saint. Leading up to my final configuration he responded to my dozen or so emails within an hour - several within minutes from his smart phone. After I ordered, I changed my mind for a better PSU and in two emails and a PayPal transaction, it was done. He even accommodated my request that all parts' boxes, docs and leftover bits and pieces be shipped with the system. And to setup the Windows 7 build with three partitions the way I like it done.

Considering they've been in business for 12 years, when I'm lusting for Intel's 5th gen procs and Windows 10 (SP1 of course) I'll know where to place the order.

modified review This review was modified by dallas7 on August 06 2012 09:58:15 PM

"I am exceptionally impressed with ecollegepc. The product was everything I had hoped for, but the customer service is what sets this company apart. I had several questions before sale, and they were all specifically answered within hours. Once the computer arrived, I had a few difficulties installing my OS on it (none of which were the fault of ecollegepc). Rather than the typical "check with someone else" or "search the Microsoft website" answer I would have expected, I received a thoroughly researched and detailed response, within about 2 hours, detailing the steps I needed to take. Once I followed their instructions (had to change some hard drive settings in bios for my OS) I was up and running like a shot. When they say they stand behind their product, they mean it.

It is also worth mentioning that I researched many different whitebox companies before going with ecollegepc. They were the least expensive of all I found.

After my experiences, ecollegepc will be my first and only stop for all my future business and personal computer needs.

"I've ordered 4 desktop computers from E-college PC and I've been amazed with the quality of each one. I will never order a computer from anywhere else!! E-college PC's customer service is unbeatable..They offer free shipping on all orders,respond to questions immediately and are always courteous and professional. They value their customers and always put them first. If you're buying a computer,buy it from E-college PC!!"

"This is my first time ordering a PC from a reseller. I am very glad I chose ecollegepc over other sites I had considered. I did spend a lot of time researching components and compatability and was willing to pay more for better rated components. My choices were I5-2500K, Arctic Cooler7 Pro, Asus p8z68-V, Corsair750 PS(seasonic), CM Storm Enforcer incl/USB3x2 on front I/O connected internally to selected MB, 4GBx2 Corsair, and more more. Several components were listed as (major brand). The 1Tb hard drive was a(Seagate Barracuda) and the graphics card GTX550ti was(Galaxy)that came in the build are highly rated. Do order the wiring option ($19). I ordered on Friday 11/04/11, got a shipping notification on the 10th and recieved on tuesday the 15th. FedEx doesn't normally do home deliveries on sun/mon. I did correspond once over the weekend and got a very timely response. Don't hesitate to order from ecollegepc."

"Preface:
This is a review of my 3rd PC from ecollegepc.com, and I'm sure there will be a 4th! Once again, outstanding, satisfactory business!

Pre-Order:
I always have questions, which is good, 'cause they always have the answers! Mike get's on his replies ASAP, and is not trying to "sell the product", but give honest professional consulting. And he knows his stuff!

Great selection of equipment, and parts...and UNBEATABLE prices. You will not find a better price and quality anywhere!

I bought a basic i7 2600k, with some extra goodies. And had Mike overclock it for me to 4.10ghz. He helped me select the optimum hardware for my needs, and budget.

Ordering is always smooth and easy. And he builds 'em first chance. Shipping is free, and packing is OVERDONE. You could drop the box a few times, no problem!

Computer works perfect right out of the box, no questions, no issues. Drivers are up to date, windows is configured, all the hardware is set-up right and in sync. Absolutely prime!

If you need a custom PC, get a hold of Mike. 110% Satisfaction!

"Just received my PC yesterday and I only ordered it about a week ago. Extremely satisfied with the whole experience. Had a bunch of questions before I ordered and Mike answered them very quickly(I mean within minutes of emailing them). PC came in perfect condition. Wiring job was really well done and the desktop runs like a champ. Also some of the best customer service I have ever gotten from an online retailer. Can't really comment on what their customer service is like for repairs as my computer came in tip top shape but i'm sure its great. Would definitely buy from them again. Thanks Mike and Ecollegepc!"

"fantastic customer service. Mike answered all questions i had, via email, usually within a few minutes. Very helpful. Ordered custom built PC and received it 8 days later. Everything was in great working condition when I received it. All components not specifically ordered by me (Hard drive, RAM, DVD Drive) were high quality. Very pleased with service. Highly recommended retailer!"

"I've helped two friends order computers from eCollegePC. I set both of them up and was extremely pleased with both. The real test of a company is when things don't go perfectly. eCollegePC passed with flying colors. When I pressed the power button on the second computer, nothing happened. Several attempts using a different power cord and different outlet were fruitless. I emailed Mike at eCollegePC that I thought the power supply was bad, but would wait to mess with it until I heard from him. Within 15 minutes Mike responded that I should go ahead and check the power supply. My tester showed that it was indeed bad. I had a couple of extra 500 watt power supplies from a deal at Newegg and he said I should go ahead and install one. Once I did the computer was perfect. Mike sent a return label for the bad supply, but credited my account for it within minutes before even receiving the bad one. We had the computer up and running within 1/2 hour of my first email. Try to get THAT kind of customer service from an OEM company!!"

"Ordered from eCollegePC 2 month ago, love the way you can select your custom machine, got a super fast machine. Had a video glitch / lock up, Mike advised on how to test ram (on board video) it checked good, downloaded lastest Intel drivers and no more problems. I will definately look at purchasing from them again. Great shipping also."

"Great site! Got my PC 9 days after ordering it and for my first custom built PC I am very satisfied. The wires are tied neatly away from the fans, everything seemed professionally built!"

eCollegePC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

eCollegePC is a merchant member
eCollegePC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,877 merchant members.