Stores > eCRATER

• eCRATER

2016-11-04

SELLERS HAVE POOR ETHICS AND eCRATER DOES NOTHING

" I mistakenly ordered this ebook and requested to cancel about 5 minutes after placing it. A rep responded to my cancelation request with the ebook link and a message saying “no refunds on digitals items after they have been sent”. Their final email declined my refund request stating the mistake was “no fault of our [their] own”. I would not recommend this company!

I bought from http://pwrplayebookspalace.com/

2016-02-18

Ecrater seller "baystatejem" won't fix order error, and Ecrater protects them!

"I purchased a DVD bundle from an Ecrater seller called baystatejem, aka "jellysdiscs" last December. The item was advertised as a special edition and was supposed to include certain bonus items exclusive to that set, including a book. The ad specifically referenced these items and also said the outer box was included, but all I received was a used, scratched DVD in its plastic case. No box. No book.

When I asked the Ecrater seller to correct this mistake and send the right item, he became belligerent and threatened to sue, using words like "extortion" and "blackmail". He then started a thread in the discussion forums in which he described the transaction dishonestly and garnered the support of a few members. After I entered the thread and told the real story, he disappeared, and his support quickly vanished.

Ecrater later stepped in and locked the topic so no further posts about the seller could be made. I attempted to start a new topic, but it too was quickly censored, preventing my ability to warn others about this guy.

After trying and failing to get the correct item from the seller, I reluctantly posted negative feedback to his seller account describing how baystatejem had failed to send the correct item. To my surprise, Ecrater ERASED the neg feedback! They also ignored my requests for help when I contacted them by email. My only recourse was to go through the lengthy process of disputing the charge on my Visa card, and that ordeal is still ongoing.

In summary, be VERY careful when dealing with Ecrater and their members. If you happen to get screwed by one of them, don't count on Ecrater to step in and help you as a buyer. In fact they may just end up helping the merchant, as happened in my case! Also be sure to avoid:

jellysdiscs.ecrater.com/

and

baystatejem.ecrater.com/

They are the same guy. He advertises one thing while shipping another. Classic bait-n-switch, and gets VERY nasty when you call him on it. A real holiday purchase nightmare to be sure.

2015-09-02

"I got my malwarebytes activation code from www.mavinstore.ecrater.com
I got my codes in less than 15mins, The seller also called to make sure it was working, and he gave a follow up call after 2weeks, this made me real happy, I highly recommend www.mavinstore.ecrater.com

2015-08-28

"I'll never use eCrater again.

I bought some software through eCrater. Their reseller didn't provide me with a valid activation code and when I complained with eCrater they weren't helpful.

This review was modified by DavidePagnotta on August 28 2015 03:59:07 AM

2015-06-02

"I ordered "Superman Bedding Cover Set". Was shipped on time and came quickly. Quality is great. Also got a 10% coupon for my next purchase. It was first time for me using Ecrater and must say I will use it again."

2015-04-11

"I placed two orders within minutes of each other on with ecrater, it was my first time ordering and thought it was legit. I was charged and did not receive either product. I tried emailing the seller and it got returned saying there's no such email. The other seller did respond and said she no longer had that product in stock and would refund my money....not holding my breath. If I didn't inquire about it she would have never even let me know!!!!. I should have read these reviews before ordering, but I have ordered from eBay and other similar sites and never had a problem. Probably bc the legit sites actually check their sellers. Awful experience , would not recommend this site to my worst enemy. "

This review was modified by lolalane24 on April 11 2015 01:27:22 PM

2015-02-19

"Stay Away....Far away. I ordered a Drone from Kyle Tarpley at centralusdronesales for my son for Christmas. was told it was on backorder. Have tried several times to get a refund or a return e-mail from seller. Since I waited for his backorder, stupid me, the time to dispute was over and I was out of luck to file a claim. Never again. I have purchased hundreds of items from e-bay with no issues. I have one transaction with e-crater and loose $300. Please learn from my mistake."

This review was modified by sjc65564 on February 19 2015 05:48:07 AM

2014-10-28

"Bought a Xbox 360 Jasper console from ecrater after they answered several questions that I had. Good deal, smooth transaction."

This review was modified by darrell45 on October 28 2014 03:35:18 PM

2014-03-26

"eCRATER is a scam. I have been trying for weeks to have my merchandise shipped. My emails go unanswered and the telephone number of the merchant once had an answering machine but not does not answer. If there is a way to report this group to the proper authorities, please let me know at gilbertmuzquiz@hotmail.com. Thanks

This review was modified by mtreso on March 26 2014 07:56:11 PM

2013-05-18

"Well, add me to the list of poor souls scammed by an eCrater merchant and getting dyspeptic and unhelpful responses from "Tracy" of the "eCrater Team." We all know they don't want to intervene as any sort of involved party (and they make clear the legal reality). I have lost my money, I know. But I asked them to ban the fraudulent merchant so others won't suffer the same fate. And, get this: the merchant, roused from a Rip Van Winkle slumber after I posted my review (having ignored my prior emails) is now publicly and privately abusing me! Too bad eCrater doesn't visit this site so they can do the right thing. Too bad I didn't visit this site to read this so I would have done the right thing: stay as far away as possible from eCrater."

2012-11-19

" Like E-bay except for the getting what you paid for part.

I ordered an NFL Jersey for my step son. Luckily for me I did it in October because here I am three weeks later with no jersey for Christmas. This website is so bad though I lucked into the scammer..... er... seller having not yet retrieved my payment at paypal (how odd is that?) cancelled the order, and now for three dollars cheaper have ordered one off of E-bay.

2012-10-25

"I've made two purchases on eCrater and BOTH of them were scams. eCrater doesn't do a single thing to prevent these kinds of transactions. Furthermore, eCrater will leave it to you to pursue a refund through Paypal.

Sellers love eCrater because there are no listing fees and no commissions, however, scammers love eCrater for the very same reason. It makes pulling their scams, just that much cheaper.

Buyers beware. NO ONE has your back if you're shopping at eCrater.

This review was modified by nflmvp on October 25 2012 12:32:38 PM

2012-09-16

"Do not buy from eCrater.com, you have no consumer protection there, you are at the will of the seller. If they want to take your money and provide you nothing in return, eCrater will not only do nothing, they will IGNORE your pleas completely!

I tried to purchase an Apple TV from a seller on eCrater and the seller charged my account for the purchase, never shipped the purchase, and would not respond to my inquires. What would eCrater do to help resolve the issue? Absolutely nothing.

2012-06-01

"Brought some great baseball cards off the site. Merchant Seller, Greenfield 4 Corners, shipped the cards in a quickly manner."

This review was modified by cgibson1201 on June 01 2012 08:26:37 PM

2012-04-09

"My order never came.

When I reported it to eCrater they said, "Please visit the PayPal Resolution Center in order to file a dispute with PayPal", which I had already done by the time I received their slow response. I expected an apology, or some help from a thoughtful human-being, or a follow up email to ask if my problem was resolved, but that never happened.

Paypal said "We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor." I'm grateful for Paypal, because they were much more responsive and human than eCrater.

I regret trusting eCrater. Now I warn my friends and family not to use them. Be careful when entrusting your money to eCrater merchants.

Share eCRATER's store rating

eCRATER is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eCRATER is not a merchant member
eCRATER does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!