Product & services pricing Rating 2.59/10 2.59/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.96/10 1.96/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.89/10 0.89/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.16/10 1.16/10

"Consumers beware! I have little to no problems with the sellers on eBay, my issues have and would always be with eBay and their false promotions and lack of customer service!
I have had issues in the past with promos, but this time I took the time and read every detailed line in the promotion prior to listing my item under the "sell your phone or get a $100 coupon to use on eBay".
I listed my phone, it never sold, but did receive one bid within the last minute of the auction. The winning bid was from Tanzania and was never paid for. Of course, I had to wait to file the non-payment. Then had to contact eBay, as in my opinion the phone did not sell.
Throughout this ordeal over two months, I've been told several reasons or responses:
1) the item did sell, as it had a bid on it ( is a bid actually a sale?)
2) a bid is a sale (isn't a sale a transaction when you are paid for the sale)
3) so sorry, I will put the credit on the account (never happened)
4) I will have a manager call *never happened(
5) the promo had to be claimed within 10 days, so I don't qualify (although I had to wait 10 days to file the unpaid item)
6)I should relist the item under the promo (which is a direct violation of the promo rules)
Some of these responses have been worded slightly differently, have been told to me over and over again, depending on the agent you get.
Bottom line, never sold or got paid for the phone and never received a coupon.
I posted a blog on eBay, asking if anyone had received the coupon, got several complaints about not getting the coupon, but not one response about getting the promo coupon.
Unfortunately, this has happened over and over with eBay. It appears that they lure you in as a seller or buyer, but they NEVER follow through. There is always a reason, even if it doesn't apply, there's an excuse or a false - I'll call you back.
What is the recourse? For the most part, nothing! They are so big, they just don't care. If a few hundred sellers or buyers drop them, oh well.
People post negative reviews on eBay, but nothing matters to them.
What started as a great idea, helps a lot of people make a decent income when they wouldn't be able to do so with the overhead of retail space, has turned into a massive money making business for eBay. This business has become so massive that consumer reviews mean nothing to them. They will continue their business making money.
My issue is one small complaint, I've read horrific stories on lots of media sites regarding eBay. When will it stop? When will eBay listen to the complaints and make some changes? Probably never!
I wish that people would join forces, by the thousands and file a class action suit! Someone should stand up to them for their fraudulent practices.
I wish I were intelligent enough to know where to begin to start that suit. I may just start researching it and see what I can find out. I'm sure there are enough of us out there that are really tired of eBay~ maybe it's time to stand up and let our voices be heard loud and clear!

"I think ebay is the worst online trading company in India. They cancelled my order and didn't refund the money yet. No proper feedback from their customer service. I should advice against buying anything from them"

"Be Warned. Do not buy Electronics from Ebay. Majority of the electronics are defective, they placed them on ebay because they know that they can easily get away with it. Bought a Bose P321 Series ii Silver Home Theater System from Ebay, noted defective. Seller (fastcashpawn70065) was informed right away, agreed to reimburse shipping and total upon receipt, failed to do so upon receipt, further went ahead to relist item. Ebay seems to be more concern about accrued commission from sellers than protecting buyers regardless of whether the item matches the descriptions. Efforts to personally prevent seller from further reselling the defective items by promptly notifying Ebay were not acknowledged at all. Item was resold to another buyer and my shipping cost was never refunded by the seller - fastcashpawn70065. "

modified review This review was modified by kayle200011433 on November 20 2014 06:56:35 PM

"STAY AWAY! eBay will GIVE your item to the buyer AND refund their money from your account. They have banned my friends account and refuse to tell her why. No negs, neutrals or "DEFECTS".

I've been buying and selling for years and I'm just about done. Thank god they stopped their, "You must offer extended returns (read: 3 months of free, no questions asked returns) Xmas crap to keep your account Top Rated.

Their customer service sucks. They will hang up on you. The will put you on what I call the Endless Hold, where you can be on hold for 3 hours. They've lied to me. They don't even know their own rules. I quoted the website's help page and the person said, "No that's not right."

The China Scam, as I call it, is where you can buy something from China and it takes so long to get here (2 months!) that it's off of your Purchases list and you forget about it. I've had them only send AFTER I opened a case. -_-

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! DON'T SELL ANYTHING UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE IT!!!!!!! DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM CHINA UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE MONEY.

"Ebay hates small sellers and completely bashes them. While huge Chinese sellers thrive. HATE EBAY WITH A PASSION. Customer service is non existent and is provided by dirt bags with awful accents, sitting in a rice patty. They annoy and frustrate you until you yell and hang up."

"If I could give it no stars I definitely would. They make a big fuss about ebay bucks and coupons but don't try and return the item you bought with a coupon cuz unless you feel like trying to find a number on their site (which is harder than it should be) and trying to explain your problem multiple times and being made out to be an idiot and then having the person get an attitude with you, its not worth it. I've tried returning things twice with coupons and each time the seller refunds it to my paypal account and then ebay turns right around and takes it and gives me nothing for it. I just had a customer service rep get an attitude with me for double checking that she was going to issue a refund for not one but two items in the same order that I had to return. Its outrageous. "

"eBay DOES NOT PROTECT SELLERS!!! BEWARE!

I made the mistake of agreeing to ship an iPhone to the Ukraine. I received payment just fine and the buyer had good buying history so I agreed to ship it. However, when I went to the Post Office they told me that I could not get a tracking number for items shipped to the Ukraine because Ukraine does not allow tracking for items coming from the US. Stupidly, I shipped it anyway. I have my receipt confirming that I shipped it and I also have the customs form that I filled out showing who it was being sent to.

Now the buyer is saying they never received it and has opened up a ticket to be refunded. Since I did not have a tracking number, eBay sided with the buyer and has returned the money to them. Now I am out the $250 I sodl the phone for and no longer have the phone either. I spent 3 hours on hold with eBay before finally getting to speak with someone and after waiting all that time, the customer service representative told me that I could not appeal the case because I did not have a tracking number and it is basically my word against the buyers. PayPal has been no help either.

eBay clearly provides absolutely no protection to sellers. SUCH A SCAM!!! Do not list anything with eBay unless you are prepared to give it away for free.

modified review This review was modified by lauren_ranee on November 10 2014 12:01:53 PM

"It's really sad how buyers don't have any rights on ebay....Once an item is bid, we're obligated to pay for that item,if only the seller show some remorse to cancel the item upon your request....but once we as a buyer bid on an item and the price its won at is not to the buyer's liking,they cancel the item imediately without us having any say in the matter. For the past few days I've been bidding and sellers keep canceling the item because it ended to cheap.Where is our rights as a buyer,once the item is won at a price, we should be obligated to pay, and the seller should be obligated to ship the item willingly also...Unless it was mutually agreed,,,If there isn't any reserved price set on an item,whatever price the item is won at,be it cheap or not the seller SHOULD ship that item,look into policies like that please ebay!"

"I have been using Ebay for years. Today I received the worst customer service I have ever recieved from anywhere. You let your seller lie about their shipping method and when I try to get you to do something about not receiving the item you tell me I have to wait another week. It's already been 2 weeks since I ordered the item. The shipping was supposed to be 1-4 business days. So you just steal my money a hold it for 3 weeks before you'll do anything? I was on the phone for over an hour and a half with Ebay for you to tell me theres nothing you can do until the 12th. Thanks. I will never order from you again!"

"wow i cant believe ebay got such a low score i do most of my shopping there"

"Review of Selling on eBay October 27, 2014
Did a salesman once harm you in your childhood? Other than psychological disorders, I cannot understand why you are being so uncooperative to those who pay your salary. You are such a lousy business partner that many of your sellers have left and they continue to leave in hoards. The only reason some are staying is that they are as disturbed as you and need the punishment. Others are riding the wave out due to their investment and will probably end up being expelled by you for just doing a fine job selling. Your only advantage of having the most recognized site will no longer be sufficient with so few sellers. Self-destruction is evidently a natural tendency of yours, another sign of psychological imbalance.
I no longer want your free automatic re-listings because your continuous changes are devastating to my time resources. They are supposed to be utilized for selling products in a consistent manner, not making unproductive changes to minor aspects in the listings. You are only decreasing my hourly wage and I refuse to pay you any more money to do so. I will find a sane partner, pay them more, and even make more per hour myself.
Good Bye and may you die soon.

P.S. Any possible employee in the future is black-balled if E-bAy is listed on their resume. You have destroyed a great enterprise as well as vast fortunes of stock holders and probably a million of the small sellers. If everyone’s time you have wasted were combined and applied to something magnificent, we could have something as impressive as world peace. You are bad for all of humanity and destructive to those closest to you.

"IESN: e-partsandmore07
Do not buy from. I bought a Processor from him New and he wont provide me any proof of information or paperworks showing that the item is new. I contacted him multiple time and it has been 4-5 days he ignored me. Dont be fool by his feedbacks.
Update- Finally got a message back, Store says that the item was seal but wont show me anything. Next email she said she doesn't wanna do business with a person like me...What i do? All i wanna see is some proof that my item i bought from them was new. Why cant i see that? Anybody can get sealed items and say its new.
Update 2: Do No Buy From This Guy! Now he Litterly is just ignoring my emails. Still Wont Show Me Anything. And wtf is this ebay customer service phone time. I f***ing tired of waiting..

modified review This review was modified by Hello Dude on November 05 2014 06:29:58 PM

"Ebay is a joke! I have had 2 issues now and Ebay never listens! My first issue was the first transaction I ever did on Ebay. I sold a blackberry phone and never got paid for it and this company did nothing but delete the buyers page! My second issue is that I just sold a tablet that worked perfectly before I shipped it and the buyer is saying it is defective and doesn't work, they opened a case, and now I have to return the money and will more than likely get my tablet back broken! Ebay did not see the tablet before or after it was sold so how can they say the buyer won the case! it simply says no returns on almost every sellers page! What is the point of that if no one follows it! So now not only will I be out of a good tablet that I'm sure the buyer broke I will also be out of selling it again! I used this tablet maybe 10 times if that. I deleted all my information on it, turned it off, and shipped it. I am a loyal person and this is just very disheartning that no one will listen to me."

"I always have good luck with anything I've ordered from eBay. Recently, with order #281458601779 I received a product thta was better than expected."

modified review This review was modified by Ananda123 on October 22 2014 06:27:24 AM

"I hope enough people see this article about ebay that it will make them think change their minds about ever buying anything from ebay again. Yes this is a company that should no longer exist due to their terrible customer service policy and lies about due refunds to customers. I had purchased a 12 ray sapphire that was no where near as described. This had also happened recently with the seller shipping from Las Vegas to California at $7 for shipping. Wrong item and never got money back! So now, same type of item sent from a different seller but SAME address in Las Vegas. Seller said he wasn't affiliated with Allgems (previous company) even though it shipped from same location. He told me to send item to a certain address in Thiland, so I paid more in shipping and sent it. The U.S.P.S. told me their was no available tracking number for this item and that it could be in customs for 4-6 weeks before seller receives it. All I have now is a useless customs' declaration # paper. Every time I call ebay about it they tell me the case has been escalated and they will transfer me to their Appeals Department ( their highest decision making department). This has happened many times already now where I wait on the phone to be transferred to someone who knows what the hell their doing and my call never gets transferred after waiting anywhere from 15 minutes up to ONE HOUR on two separate occasions. And other times when someone did finally answer my call, I had to star all over again with explaining why I was calling in the first place! You know what I get then right? "We will transfer your call right away" and the same old shit goes on again, getting nowhere. It amazes me that ebay can even legitimately stay in business anymore since they are now a company of nothing more than a bunch of liars and thieves as well as many of the sellers they do business with. All I can say is FUCK EBAY!"

modified review This review was modified by jdogmeatball on October 14 2014 07:03:35 PM

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!