Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.37/10 1.37/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.90/10 1.90/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.85/10 0.85/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10

"Horrible! eBay DELETED my feedback on a seller because the seller claimed I was "over reacting" and eBay "agreed" without ever speaking to me. I had countless images of damage done to an item. F***ing bs that they went and deleted MY opinion on the seller."

"Poor website and poor service , didn't recieved my order after 40 days , tried to track it and its not trackable don't ever buy anything from here , its a scam"

modified review This review was modified by Muntaha on November 26 2014 05:02:52 AM

"Do not buy on ebay, often times seller list fake items or don't what the heck are they selling. If the stone on a jewelry looks red they list it as Ruby, according to some people stones setting on a gold item are genuine? The ignorance of some people, here is few tips how to list: Educate about jewelry or take it to jeweler, have it test items prior saying something that are not. What really bothers me about ebay customer service is the time they take to process the refund. This return was taking for ever once the item arrived to seller, they decided to ignore the refund let the buyers pay interest feeds to a credit card. Talking about abuse. Getting few things taking care then bye, bye ebay. They make money out of us buyers and we get a crapy services????? No thank you!!!!!!! "

modified review This review was modified by NomoreEbay1 on November 24 2014 06:39:17 PM

"Ebay is by far the WORST place to sell your merchandise. They do not back up their sellers, and the buyers always have the upper hand. I have sold on ebay NUMEROUS times, and the seller claimed they didn't get the item, and ebay REFUNDED them and i lost out on my money and my item. DO NOT sell on ebay, they don't care about their sellers! Without sellers, you wouldn't be in business!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Prncesme on November 24 2014 11:27:58 AM

"Consumers beware! I have little to no problems with the sellers on eBay, my issues have and would always be with eBay and their false promotions and lack of customer service!
I have had issues in the past with promos, but this time I took the time and read every detailed line in the promotion prior to listing my item under the "sell your phone or get a $100 coupon to use on eBay".
I listed my phone, it never sold, but did receive one bid within the last minute of the auction. The winning bid was from Tanzania and was never paid for. Of course, I had to wait to file the non-payment. Then had to contact eBay, as in my opinion the phone did not sell.
Throughout this ordeal over two months, I've been told several reasons or responses:
1) the item did sell, as it had a bid on it ( is a bid actually a sale?)
2) a bid is a sale (isn't a sale a transaction when you are paid for the sale)
3) so sorry, I will put the credit on the account (never happened)
4) I will have a manager call *never happened(
5) the promo had to be claimed within 10 days, so I don't qualify (although I had to wait 10 days to file the unpaid item)
6)I should relist the item under the promo (which is a direct violation of the promo rules)
Some of these responses have been worded slightly differently, have been told to me over and over again, depending on the agent you get.
Bottom line, never sold or got paid for the phone and never received a coupon.
I posted a blog on eBay, asking if anyone had received the coupon, got several complaints about not getting the coupon, but not one response about getting the promo coupon.
Unfortunately, this has happened over and over with eBay. It appears that they lure you in as a seller or buyer, but they NEVER follow through. There is always a reason, even if it doesn't apply, there's an excuse or a false - I'll call you back.
What is the recourse? For the most part, nothing! They are so big, they just don't care. If a few hundred sellers or buyers drop them, oh well.
People post negative reviews on eBay, but nothing matters to them.
What started as a great idea, helps a lot of people make a decent income when they wouldn't be able to do so with the overhead of retail space, has turned into a massive money making business for eBay. This business has become so massive that consumer reviews mean nothing to them. They will continue their business making money.
My issue is one small complaint, I've read horrific stories on lots of media sites regarding eBay. When will it stop? When will eBay listen to the complaints and make some changes? Probably never!
I wish that people would join forces, by the thousands and file a class action suit! Someone should stand up to them for their fraudulent practices.
I wish I were intelligent enough to know where to begin to start that suit. I may just start researching it and see what I can find out. I'm sure there are enough of us out there that are really tired of eBay~ maybe it's time to stand up and let our voices be heard loud and clear!

"I think ebay is the worst online trading company in India. They cancelled my order and didn't refund the money yet. No proper feedback from their customer service. I should advice against buying anything from them"

"Be Warned. Do not buy Electronics from Ebay. Majority of the electronics are defective, they placed them on ebay because they know that they can easily get away with it. Bought a Bose P321 Series ii Silver Home Theater System from Ebay, noted defective. Seller (fastcashpawn70065) was informed right away, agreed to reimburse shipping and total upon receipt, failed to do so upon receipt, further went ahead to relist item. Ebay seems to be more concern about accrued commission from sellers than protecting buyers regardless of whether the item matches the descriptions. Efforts to personally prevent seller from further reselling the defective items by promptly notifying Ebay were not acknowledged at all. Item was resold to another buyer and my shipping cost was never refunded by the seller - fastcashpawn70065. "

modified review This review was modified by kayle200011433 on November 20 2014 06:56:35 PM

"STAY AWAY! eBay will GIVE your item to the buyer AND refund their money from your account. They have banned my friends account and refuse to tell her why. No negs, neutrals or "DEFECTS".

I've been buying and selling for years and I'm just about done. Thank god they stopped their, "You must offer extended returns (read: 3 months of free, no questions asked returns) Xmas crap to keep your account Top Rated.

Their customer service sucks. They will hang up on you. The will put you on what I call the Endless Hold, where you can be on hold for 3 hours. They've lied to me. They don't even know their own rules. I quoted the website's help page and the person said, "No that's not right."

The China Scam, as I call it, is where you can buy something from China and it takes so long to get here (2 months!) that it's off of your Purchases list and you forget about it. I've had them only send AFTER I opened a case. -_-

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! DON'T SELL ANYTHING UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE IT!!!!!!! DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM CHINA UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE MONEY.

"Ebay hates small sellers and completely bashes them. While huge Chinese sellers thrive. HATE EBAY WITH A PASSION. Customer service is non existent and is provided by dirt bags with awful accents, sitting in a rice patty. They annoy and frustrate you until you yell and hang up."

"If I could give it no stars I definitely would. They make a big fuss about ebay bucks and coupons but don't try and return the item you bought with a coupon cuz unless you feel like trying to find a number on their site (which is harder than it should be) and trying to explain your problem multiple times and being made out to be an idiot and then having the person get an attitude with you, its not worth it. I've tried returning things twice with coupons and each time the seller refunds it to my paypal account and then ebay turns right around and takes it and gives me nothing for it. I just had a customer service rep get an attitude with me for double checking that she was going to issue a refund for not one but two items in the same order that I had to return. Its outrageous. "

"eBay DOES NOT PROTECT SELLERS!!! BEWARE!

I made the mistake of agreeing to ship an iPhone to the Ukraine. I received payment just fine and the buyer had good buying history so I agreed to ship it. However, when I went to the Post Office they told me that I could not get a tracking number for items shipped to the Ukraine because Ukraine does not allow tracking for items coming from the US. Stupidly, I shipped it anyway. I have my receipt confirming that I shipped it and I also have the customs form that I filled out showing who it was being sent to.

Now the buyer is saying they never received it and has opened up a ticket to be refunded. Since I did not have a tracking number, eBay sided with the buyer and has returned the money to them. Now I am out the $250 I sodl the phone for and no longer have the phone either. I spent 3 hours on hold with eBay before finally getting to speak with someone and after waiting all that time, the customer service representative told me that I could not appeal the case because I did not have a tracking number and it is basically my word against the buyers. PayPal has been no help either.

eBay clearly provides absolutely no protection to sellers. SUCH A SCAM!!! Do not list anything with eBay unless you are prepared to give it away for free.

modified review This review was modified by lauren_ranee on November 10 2014 12:01:53 PM

"It's really sad how buyers don't have any rights on ebay....Once an item is bid, we're obligated to pay for that item,if only the seller show some remorse to cancel the item upon your request....but once we as a buyer bid on an item and the price its won at is not to the buyer's liking,they cancel the item imediately without us having any say in the matter. For the past few days I've been bidding and sellers keep canceling the item because it ended to cheap.Where is our rights as a buyer,once the item is won at a price, we should be obligated to pay, and the seller should be obligated to ship the item willingly also...Unless it was mutually agreed,,,If there isn't any reserved price set on an item,whatever price the item is won at,be it cheap or not the seller SHOULD ship that item,look into policies like that please ebay!"

"I have been using Ebay for years. Today I received the worst customer service I have ever recieved from anywhere. You let your seller lie about their shipping method and when I try to get you to do something about not receiving the item you tell me I have to wait another week. It's already been 2 weeks since I ordered the item. The shipping was supposed to be 1-4 business days. So you just steal my money a hold it for 3 weeks before you'll do anything? I was on the phone for over an hour and a half with Ebay for you to tell me theres nothing you can do until the 12th. Thanks. I will never order from you again!"

"wow i cant believe ebay got such a low score i do most of my shopping there"

"Review of Selling on eBay October 27, 2014
Did a salesman once harm you in your childhood? Other than psychological disorders, I cannot understand why you are being so uncooperative to those who pay your salary. You are such a lousy business partner that many of your sellers have left and they continue to leave in hoards. The only reason some are staying is that they are as disturbed as you and need the punishment. Others are riding the wave out due to their investment and will probably end up being expelled by you for just doing a fine job selling. Your only advantage of having the most recognized site will no longer be sufficient with so few sellers. Self-destruction is evidently a natural tendency of yours, another sign of psychological imbalance.
I no longer want your free automatic re-listings because your continuous changes are devastating to my time resources. They are supposed to be utilized for selling products in a consistent manner, not making unproductive changes to minor aspects in the listings. You are only decreasing my hourly wage and I refuse to pay you any more money to do so. I will find a sane partner, pay them more, and even make more per hour myself.
Good Bye and may you die soon.

P.S. Any possible employee in the future is black-balled if E-bAy is listed on their resume. You have destroyed a great enterprise as well as vast fortunes of stock holders and probably a million of the small sellers. If everyone’s time you have wasted were combined and applied to something magnificent, we could have something as impressive as world peace. You are bad for all of humanity and destructive to those closest to you.

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!