• eBay

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.40/10 1.40/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.93/10 1.93/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.04/10 1.04/10

"ebay is horrible to the sellers! Even when you have great ratings and have sold for 10 plus years they back up a piece of shit buyer every time!!!! Fuck Ebay and their policy of the customber is always right! Sell on craigslist or somewhere else! "

modified review This review was modified by spommell on May 16 2015 06:01:39 AM

"STEPHEN from the dispute department is the most lousy, rude and idiot customer representative I have ever dealt with on EBay. Two rep suggested to file an appeal and when I talked to this rude guy, he told me right there and then (not have even filed the appeal yet) that he is declining the appeal! Why would eBay hire people like this guy? I was not even finished explaining and he already told me if I have other questions in other words calling eBay is useless or worthless and simply a waste of time. I have purchased a lot and recently paid $3k and with ruthless and stupid people like this THERE IS NO WAY THEY WILL EVER EARNMY BUSINESS ANYMORE! EBAY MANAGEMENT, maybe you would want to investigate this case and stupid people like Stephen, THAT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT GOOD BUSINESS AT ALL. "

modified review This review was modified by shops_ville on May 13 2015 07:53:53 PM

"EBAY IS ABSOLUTELY UTTERLY CORRUPT. WHEN A SELLER ASKS TO REMOVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK EBAY REMOVES THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK JUST BECAUSE SELLER ASK THEM. THEY NEVER LISTEN BUYER'S SIDE OF THE STORY.THEY NEVER INFORM BUYER BEFORE THEY REMOVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.AND WHEN BUYER ASK HELP OR EXPLANATION EBAY SEND JUST NONSENSE EMAILS NEVER ADDRESS BUYERS CONCERN.EBAY NEVER HELPS BUYERS.IF YOU GET A FAULTY PRODUCT NEVER EXPECT YOU WILL GET A REFUND.WHATEVER SELLER ALLEGE THAT IS ACCEPTED BY EBAY INSTANTLY WITHOUT BUYER'S KNOWLEDGE.LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IS A WASTE OF TIME BECAUSE WHEN A SELLER ASKS EBAY TO REMOVE IT, CONSIDER IT IS DONE,YES SIR. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM EBAY AGAIN.CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A FAIRY TALE IF YOU NEED IT FROM EBAY."

"Ebay only protects sellers. Had a fraudulent item from fortuitousfinds. Ebay stood by
Them after horrible emails and wouldnt allow me to warn other buys. Ebay would not even reimburse me $3 for my return shipping. They're fine if no problem but dont expect customer service. You get someone from India that will read a script saying its their "policy".

modified review This review was modified by Pcwhee on May 06 2015 09:02:25 AM

"EBAY WOULDN'T BE IN BUSINESS WITHOUT SELLERS! THEY CONSTANTLY GET MORE GREEDY BY REMOVING FREE RELISTINGS, NOW THEY HAVE SHRUNK DOWN THE FREE MONTHLY LISTINGS OF 50 / 50 TO 20 / 20. THEY MAKE ENOUGH MONEY! WHY THE HELL CAN'T THEY JUST DO FREE LISTINGS AND MAKE MONEY ON ALL THE SALES?! SELLERS DESERVE MORE! SELLERS CANNOT EVEN LEAVE REAL FEEDBACK ABOUT A-HOLE BUYERS WHO SCREW THEM OVER AND ITS UNJUSTIFIED. IT IS NOT FAIR AT ALL AND JUST LIKE LAME ASS YELP, THEY CATER TO CUSTOMERS BUT WOULDN'T HAVE A SITE WITHOUT BUSINESS OWNERS. MAYBE EBAY SHOULD SEE HOW MANY OTHER SITES ARE OUT THERE AND EVENTUALLY ONE WILL TAKE ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS. NOBODY LIKES A GREEDY BUSINESS. "

modified review This review was modified by MITCHELLMANIA on May 02 2015 04:54:50 PM

"Beware of any shopping on eBay! You have been warned! If a shipper puts the wrong address down and the tracking says delivered, your loss. They had the PayPal verified address, and put it in wrong still. Ebay did nothing to help, and left me without product or refund."

"Think twice while shopping from ebay.in.
Once you bought the product they will not take it return back
They have falsely mentioned 100% ebay guarantee and excellent return policy.
Once you buy the product then they ll give you lame excused of their claim policy.
And they have such a complicated return policy unlike Jabong, Myntra, Yebhi, Freecultr, zovi, flipkart, amazon, snapdeal and new site like feero fashion.
I have faced this issue myself.
When I try to return my product under assumption that ebay has worldwide brand name.
And they will have transparent return policy but I was wrong.
So people please think twice before doing shopping with ebay.

modified review This review was modified by 9664562412 on April 27 2015 09:30:16 PM

"eBay has once again rob me of my money!!!!!!! I have received packages from them no problem, after the first incident in which my package was stolen I was told that the post office would no longer be handling the packages only UPS because they make the buyer sign for them best solution. now that another 1 of my packages have been stolen I try to open a claim and it had been refused after trying to working out with the cellar here she rude lee and I mean rude told me that she only puts insurance on her packages if they are 250 dollars or more so now I'm out 180 and a pair of shoes I work hard for my money I would not scam anyone I cannot put more emphasis on that I'm just very upset that in the past I have received my packages no problem I love you ebay but this is really put a damper on my perspective of them and the sellar here or she is I feel like no 1 is trying to help me"

modified review This review was modified by lala. on April 25 2015 01:28:43 PM

"Ebay FUCKING SUCKS.

First of all, even if you clearly state no returns ebay will refund the buyer their money if they open a claim. This means all a buyer has to do is open a claim give some bullshit reason and bam refund.

Secondly, if you as the seller lose the tracking number the buyer can open a case and claim they never received the item & bam they get their money back along side the product. If you contact ebay customer service they will say that nothing can be done that you have to hope the buyer is honest.

thirdly , & this one is my favorite. Lets say as a buyer you decide u want a refund. What you can actually do is open a case Get approved for the return, provide a tracking number & ship a box that is empty. So essentially if you want to be shady it is fairly easy. Just provide a tracking number and you are all set. :)

So lost out on a prada bag as well as the money I sold it for.

Fuck you ebay,
you suck.

Sincerely,
Karma is a fucking bitch

modified review This review was modified by danielaaaaaaa on April 24 2015 09:01:33 AM

"DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING YOU BUY ON EBAY OR TRUST EBAY TO HELP WITH YOUR RESOLUTION!!!!

I bought a brought a product from ebay. The seller claimed it was new. When I got the product I found that it had been a used product. It then took me another almost three weeks to get a return label for ebay would email the seller and then I was not able to respond for three business days. Upon finally getting the return label apparently they only give you five days to mail it back. Unfortunately by the time the return label showed up I was on a trip and upon my return I mailed it back. They now have the product back and are refusing to refund my money because I didn't ship it back to them within five days!!! DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!!

modified review This review was modified by HeidiVenable on April 23 2015 02:16:52 PM

"I bought a replacement screen for my Samsung Galaxy tablet late last year from a Chinese seller listed as cui1873. It worked briefly, and then failed. After trying various ways to get it working, and checking with a repair shop, I contacted the seller, who did reply, and who promised to replace it if I sent it back (at my own cost, thus negating the savings I thought I was getting by buying from them). So I sent it back to them over a month ago. I never got a replacement. They won’t respond to my emails any more. This seller cheated me of around $120. Unless you enjoy wasting your money on nothing, do not buy from them.

I will be very reluctant to ever buy anything costing more than $20 on eBay again: even if the seller has some positive feedback, you’re taking a leap of faith, especially if the seller is outside of North America and has no legitimate reputation to uphold and can just ignore your requests for a replacement or refund. And this comes from someone who regularly buys from three different Amazon sites and occasionally from other major online markets, so it’s not the technology I distrust. It’s the anonymity and shady nature of eBay sellers.

modified review This review was modified by dmann66 on April 18 2015 10:54:13 AM

"I know many people dislike Ebay, but for me, it's a great place to buy items internationally, i don't use it for domestic purchases. Yes, there are many bad quality Chinese products from Chinese sellers, but if you check their feedback and don't choose the cheapest seller/item, you can find great deals. And I also like that I can buy items from German Ebay, French Ebay and etc (of course when the seller ships to my country) - I've made really good purchases from German Ebay for example. Like many veteran Ebayers, I have also had a few issues with the items that I've bought from there (wrong items sent to me or delayed shipment), but I had to open Ebay dispute only once (which ended positively for me), with all others we have found a solution with the seller."

"Happy with experience and they resolve issues quickly"

modified review This review was modified by jaimescullin on April 07 2015 07:15:34 AM

WickedlyTerribleLasers's Avatar
Bellingham

"http://epiclaunch.com/10-reasons-why-ebay-sucks-for-sellers/ - This is why I really dislike ebay! Literally no support as a seller and they fee you three separate times when selling. 1st when you post the item, 2nd when it sells, and 3rd when PayPal charges you after transferring the money. (PayPal is owned by ebay) - They know they have the largest amount of viewers looking to buy items, and that they're the largest online auctioning website. So they can get away with being tyrants, and feeing the crap out of hard working sales people. - Also their policies are terrible!! Heres an example of their return policy; Lets just say you sell an item for $500 that you've bought for $350. You've just instantly lost $50 off that from the "10% roughly" selling fee, and have also lost "lets just say $10" for the insertion fee. Then to add on top of that they'll take about 3% off the $500 for PayPal fees, thus making you lose a total of $75 (so even if there wasn't a customer return you'd only make $75 profit). Where I'm getting at with this is that if a customer decides to return that item for some reason, ebay will automatically give them a FULL refund of $500 out of YOUR pocket.. Thus making you lose $75 for no reason what so ever besides having that item listed and getting it back.. - In my opinion both ebay and Paypal should also give the seller their money back for all three fee's they've charged them. But why would they care when they already have your money in their pockets and there's nothing you can do about it because you've already agreed to the terms and conditions? Hmm..."

modified review This review was modified by WickedlyTerribleLasers on April 02 2015 01:20:29 PM

"eBay went downhill in a major way. I will not shop there anymore and cancel my profile after many years of "100%" satisfaction as a buyer and seller. The site lies about "guarantees" and "contact options" - the customer service department no longer exists! Sellers have become dishonest with impunity. Trying to contact eBay results only in an evil loop of unhelpful screens redirecting to pre-fab Q&A (nothing pertinent, of course,) without the option to contact anyone. Meanwhile, sellers take advantage of this anarchy and take money for broken or wrong parts - or no shipment at all, knowing the buyer has no support or recourse against them. I lost over $100. Don't make the same mistake!"

modified review This review was modified by bedelia123 on March 30 2015 06:00:34 PM

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!