Stores > eBay

Customer service: Rating 1.61/10 1.61/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.59/10 1.59/10

2016-08-15

Alienware 17 (New Edition) 17" Notebook - Customized

"Don't sell anything on this site. It's full of scammers and eBay doesn't do anything about it. I know because I recently tried selling my laptop on this site. Do not trust me, just look at the number of negative feedback from other people, numbers don't lie, eBay ****! If you are that gullible and wanna try your risk then go ahead and lose your money. I have had a share with their customer service and they ****, they are the epitome of dubious employees."

2016-08-15

ebay uk full of scamming buyers fake items and rip off fees

"Avoid ebay uk as it will only cause you grief whether you are a seller or buyer. If your a seller be prepared for all the dodgy buyers looking to scam and no protection from ebay be prepared to lose your items and pay back the scamming buyer! If your a buyer watch out for the fake items! And be prepared to paid extremely high fees to ebay and charge you fees on postage. Awful website that causes nothing but hassle."

This review was modified by louisedoy on August 15 2016 01:18:32 PM

2016-08-12

Ebay and pay pal what a mickey mouse operation

"got screwed from a fraudulent seller. good luck on getting your money back. I have never seen such a slow process in my life. grantee or your money back.

E bay is good for under 10 and under. shop at Walmart or well known stores. most of the people don't even speak English.

This review was modified by scottsworld on August 12 2016 02:36:29 PM

2016-08-10

Horrible

"Haven't used eBay to sell anything in about 3 yeara,i must say it's become a nightmare and will leave you you wanting to pull your hair out. And all that hassle to have to wait a week or longer to MAYBE get your money. And on top of that it will actually cost you money to ship the stuff to someone who may not be satisfied. Just trust me AVOID EBAY AND PAYPAL if your selling anything. Now if your buying stuff eBay is actually great."

2016-08-08

I was ripped off by eBay

"Previously I Sent 3 delivery (rather expensive). Company USPS shipment was delayed and came late. eBay took me money (about $ 2,000) and gave the buyer but the buyer received the goods only after a delay. I lost money and goods - was robbed by eBay.
In another case sent to the buyer's new pants + all + new tags. Pants new unused. Buyer said that the trousers are used because they were ironed iron (says that if someone uses pants irons are used - is absurd). Buyer founded the dispute. I do not rightly lost the dispute, but now I have no money of more than $ 200, and I have no pants !! I've beed robbed! eBay buyers gave my money and my new pants. I was robbed by eBay !!!

eBay took my money and my goods - it was a lot of money. If you are a buyer or seller to avoid eBay. The second problem is that eBay is a lot of fake branded items, and eBay is not doing anything to change it.
eBay earns a commission on the sale of fake items - I noticed that some of the apparel company about 70% of the products sold are fake!

Avoid eBay because either lose your money but you will be cheated and buy a fake - I noticed a lot of business items sold on eBay about 70% is false.

Never use eBay !!

2016-07-30

Great as a buyer and a seller

"As a buyer, I am always satisfied, and have always had all issues taken care of immediately. As a seller it has also been great. Their fees are a bit high, but it is understandable with the buyer and seller protection they offer, it has to get paid for somehow. I do not understand all the negativity about being a seller. they give every chance for the buyer and seller to resolve any issues on their own either with or without opening a case. If the buyer is legit trying to scam a seller by either saying there were missing pieces or they did not receive an item, the seller is also protected and no negative status goes on their selling account ( this is from the mouth of an eBay not received items rep). As far as fees and holds go, after 25 transactions totaling over $250 you become a preferred seller and your end value fees go down and your hold is no longer there. Great system for them to use to make sure new sellers are not scammers, but to also reward those that do good business. Will stick with this company as long as it is around as it has proven itself to me over time!"

2016-07-27

Ebays crap service

"I ordered two unlocked phones. I received one that wasnt unlocked and couldnt be unlocked. I wanted to return the item asap, but the seller was slow to reply. I reached out to ebay to get a return label(one was not included in the package) and a refund. I was informed I had to wait a week before they would help. The sellers finally answered and said they will send a label that week. I waited and did not get one. I asked for help from ebay again. The case made stated I had to wait 48 more hours, I waited only to be told they would not help me or give me a refund. Thankfully the seller finally gave me a return label and the refund or I would have been out 200 bucks. They also removed my negative feedback! STAY AWAY from ebay!!!"

2016-07-27

Selling through Ebay

"I sold an item through ebay and my buyer claimed there were pieces missing even though I had photographic proof otherwise. Ebay told me that their money back guarantee gave me no rights as a seller and that if I pursued I would regret it. Not only did I had to return the payment, I had to pay ebay a fee, a paypal fee, and pay for shipping the item back to me. I am horribly disappointed in how sellers are not protected. I will never sell through ebay again and would advise others not to do so either. At least I know that if I ever want to buy something through ebay and not pay all I have to do is say that it was missing pieces and I'll get it for free!"

2016-07-25

Very good for bargains!

" I only deduct one star due to the search showing up absolutly everything related to what you're looking for! Especially if you sort it by lowest price and postage. This is the only annoying thing. If you're using ebay just make sure you read the description of what you're getting and if you're not sure order from trusted sellers with high feedback ratings. Anything else is a bigger risk naturally enough. "

2016-07-11

eBay fantastic Paypal lets it down

" I've had very good experiences with eBay most of the sellers are very good to buy from and have descent private sellers . What lets it down is its attachment to Paypal . If you sell with them they can hold on to your MONEY for up to 21 Days but they will take there charges straight away . eBay customer service is second to none and have always had a complete service from them "

2016-07-03

Dishonest company - stay away

"Purchased a pair of shoes that were advertised as a bigger size than the pair I was sent, and quite obviously didn't fit. Contacted seller who refused refund unless I pay return postage and a "20% restocking fee". With postage and that fee, I would be paying almost the amount I would for the shoes and getting nothing for it. The seller removed the sizing chart from the item description shortly after I raised the issue, but I managed to get a screenshot of it beforehand. Contacted eBay who said the seller is not allowed to charge a restocking fe e and that I was entitled to a full refund with the seller paying for postage since it was their fault they falsely advertised the item. Well that all sounded great but unlucky for me, I wasn't aware of the hidden clause in eBay's so called "buyer protection - 30 day money back guarantee" that if I happen to submit a dispute via PayPal, I am no longer entitled to the eBay buyer protection. I mistakenly thought eBay and PayPal were the same company and that it didn't matter which way I did it. But turns out this is not one silly, little mistake. eBay and PayPal are now separate companies and if you happen to speak to PayPal about a transaction gone wrong, eBay will turn their back on you and rescind any buyer rights you had, had you not have spoken to PayPal. This sounds so ridiculous as I'm writing it that I can barely wrap my head around the sheer lunacy of this rule. What's worse is that this happens to be a hidden clause in eBay's terms and conditions that is not disclosed to buyers at any time, nor are buyers asked to accept or agree to such terms. It would be so simple to just click a single button and cancel the PayPal claim (which apparently guarantees nothing as far as eBay buyers getting the short end of the stick goes) and then click another button on eBay's site instead. But no, you've already clicked this other button, so you can no longer click our button which will get you the immediate help that you need with this. Because you've clicked the bad button, we at eBay no longer acknowledge you as a buyer at our site or give you the same rights other buyers have. This is dishonest, downright fraudulent business practice and I will never be shopping with eBay again. "

This review was modified by Andy543 on July 03 2016 02:02:30 AM

2016-07-02

Great buys as long as no refunds required!

"Ebay is NOT user friendly! Everything is great till you need a refund! There's no phone numbers to call and if you can't figure out which number is the actual order #, then that's just too bad 'cause it seems they can't figure out who you are either but the seller gets to keep your money!!! Ebay is bad news!!!"

This review was modified by megbransford on July 02 2016 05:17:09 PM

2016-06-26

Best way to order smartphones

" eBay has so much stuff it is unbelievable. I have never had any problems, altho I only buy from trusted sellers just for piece of mind. Whenever I'm looking for something out of the ordinary or some household good, ebay's got it and for cheap! Long live eBay! "

2016-06-22

Ebay vs Amazon......thhink before you buy on Ebay.....Completely Fraud

"I did an purchase from Ebay for the first time and the item was wrongly shipped by the seller. On reporting the issue same day on receiving the shipment the rep promised me since its my first transaction with Ebay he would like to keep the item with me and he would initiate an refund for the item which was for merely $36 only and would be credited within next 48 hours.
However after 7 days didn't received my refund, called their customer care and resolution center and they said that they don't have such policy of refund which made me think that they don't stand for their commitments and are not even bother about customer satisfaction.
They just want to make money on customer expenses and get them run around with all pain and trauma. This is really ridiculous for a company like Ebay. Really shocked with such experience and would never ever purchase from Ebay and would recommend to you all to be cautious while doing purchase from Ebay as you would never be listened if you received an wrong or real item. Very poor customer service above that and no value for customer.
Amazon is far better from them and value the customer relationship.....

This review was modified by Gavi on June 22 2016 02:00:02 PM

2016-06-20

I like it

"clothes are great and charming. fast shipping "

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!