• eBay

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.02/10 2.02/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.93/10 0.93/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.97/10 0.97/10

"Ebay FUCKING SUCKS.

First of all, even if you clearly state no returns ebay will refund the buyer their money if they open a claim. This means all a buyer has to do is open a claim give some bullshit reason and bam refund.

Secondly, if you as the seller lose the tracking number the buyer can open a case and claim they never received the item & bam they get their money back along side the product. If you contact ebay customer service they will say that nothing can be done that you have to hope the buyer is honest.

thirdly , & this one is my favorite. Lets say as a buyer you decide u want a refund. What you can actually do is open a case Get approved for the return, provide a tracking number & ship a box that is empty. So essentially if you want to be shady it is fairly easy. Just provide a tracking number and you are all set. :)

So lost out on a prada bag as well as the money I sold it for.

Fuck you ebay,
you suck.

Sincerely,
Karma is a fucking bitch

modified review This review was modified by danielaaaaaaa on April 24 2015 09:01:33 AM

"DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING YOU BUY ON EBAY OR TRUST EBAY TO HELP WITH YOUR RESOLUTION!!!!

I bought a brought a product from ebay. The seller claimed it was new. When I got the product I found that it had been a used product. It then took me another almost three weeks to get a return label for ebay would email the seller and then I was not able to respond for three business days. Upon finally getting the return label apparently they only give you five days to mail it back. Unfortunately by the time the return label showed up I was on a trip and upon my return I mailed it back. They now have the product back and are refusing to refund my money because I didn't ship it back to them within five days!!! DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!!

modified review This review was modified by HeidiVenable on April 23 2015 02:16:52 PM

"I bought a replacement screen for my Samsung Galaxy tablet late last year from a Chinese seller listed as cui1873. It worked briefly, and then failed. After trying various ways to get it working, and checking with a repair shop, I contacted the seller, who did reply, and who promised to replace it if I sent it back (at my own cost, thus negating the savings I thought I was getting by buying from them). So I sent it back to them over a month ago. I never got a replacement. They won’t respond to my emails any more. This seller cheated me of around $120. Unless you enjoy wasting your money on nothing, do not buy from them.

I will be very reluctant to ever buy anything costing more than $20 on eBay again: even if the seller has some positive feedback, you’re taking a leap of faith, especially if the seller is outside of North America and has no legitimate reputation to uphold and can just ignore your requests for a replacement or refund. And this comes from someone who regularly buys from three different Amazon sites and occasionally from other major online markets, so it’s not the technology I distrust. It’s the anonymity and shady nature of eBay sellers.

modified review This review was modified by dmann66 on April 18 2015 10:54:13 AM

"I know many people dislike Ebay, but for me, it's a great place to buy items internationally, i don't use it for domestic purchases. Yes, there are many bad quality Chinese products from Chinese sellers, but if you check their feedback and don't choose the cheapest seller/item, you can find great deals. And I also like that I can buy items from German Ebay, French Ebay and etc (of course when the seller ships to my country) - I've made really good purchases from German Ebay for example. Like many veteran Ebayers, I have also had a few issues with the items that I've bought from there (wrong items sent to me or delayed shipment), but I had to open Ebay dispute only once (which ended positively for me), with all others we have found a solution with the seller."

"Happy with experience and they resolve issues quickly"

modified review This review was modified by jaimescullin on April 07 2015 07:15:34 AM

WickedlyTerribleLasers's Avatar
Bellingham

"http://epiclaunch.com/10-reasons-why-ebay-sucks-for-sellers/ - This is why I really dislike ebay! Literally no support as a seller and they fee you three separate times when selling. 1st when you post the item, 2nd when it sells, and 3rd when PayPal charges you after transferring the money. (PayPal is owned by ebay) - They know they have the largest amount of viewers looking to buy items, and that they're the largest online auctioning website. So they can get away with being tyrants, and feeing the crap out of hard working sales people. - Also their policies are terrible!! Heres an example of their return policy; Lets just say you sell an item for $500 that you've bought for $350. You've just instantly lost $50 off that from the "10% roughly" selling fee, and have also lost "lets just say $10" for the insertion fee. Then to add on top of that they'll take about 3% off the $500 for PayPal fees, thus making you lose a total of $75 (so even if there wasn't a customer return you'd only make $75 profit). Where I'm getting at with this is that if a customer decides to return that item for some reason, ebay will automatically give them a FULL refund of $500 out of YOUR pocket.. Thus making you lose $75 for no reason what so ever besides having that item listed and getting it back.. - In my opinion both ebay and Paypal should also give the seller their money back for all three fee's they've charged them. But why would they care when they already have your money in their pockets and there's nothing you can do about it because you've already agreed to the terms and conditions? Hmm..."

modified review This review was modified by WickedlyTerribleLasers on April 02 2015 01:20:29 PM

"eBay went downhill in a major way. I will not shop there anymore and cancel my profile after many years of "100%" satisfaction as a buyer and seller. The site lies about "guarantees" and "contact options" - the customer service department no longer exists! Sellers have become dishonest with impunity. Trying to contact eBay results only in an evil loop of unhelpful screens redirecting to pre-fab Q&A (nothing pertinent, of course,) without the option to contact anyone. Meanwhile, sellers take advantage of this anarchy and take money for broken or wrong parts - or no shipment at all, knowing the buyer has no support or recourse against them. I lost over $100. Don't make the same mistake!"

modified review This review was modified by bedelia123 on March 30 2015 06:00:34 PM

"It is very hard to contact Ebay's Customer Service,when I find it,there is only PHONE,no email no chat,I am a Chinese,my English is not good enough to make a call with Americans.
I have 7 times purchase on Ebay,someday i find that there is empty with my purchase history,I send a email to EBAY Hong Kong Customer Service,they said that is a BUG,ask me to Provide the item numbers?I did?
Up to now, already fourteen days passed, their technical department still did not solve this problem, I purchase history remain empty.It makes me very disappointed

"Just horrible. Customer services people make about three different transfers of phone calls until someone can actually help you. Waiting on the phone for three hours until i spoke to a supervisor who tells me i can not get my money back because my 10days expired. Just horrible experience."

modified review This review was modified by jlynnestarr on March 26 2015 12:37:33 PM

"worst fucking site on the planet!! I need to review and take a picture with my item to prove its me selling it! hahaaaaa what an absolute joke I could take a picture with anything and say it's me selling it!!!

The tech we have today and they ask me to do that haha!

Honestly you lot that make money from ebay I take my hat off to you as actually trying to deal with them in person is an absolute joke, this is not due to the call centre's being overseas (non English) its the fact that they have absolute no reply to anything I ask as question if we call from customer service we expect at least an answer or further information to help us out!

I have delt and sold lots with ebay in the past yet when I return after a few years (expecting changes like every company) yet we get treated as if we are convicts or refugees!

If anyone the average person to member of paliment would like to contact me on my personal opinions please do!

Rules were created years ago to keep the rich apart from the poor and middle class this keeps us guessing and in with what they say about our beliefs! Yes religion is a absolute con! like the lotto, if you're happy with dept and living below your means then carry on!!

I gave up in school and church! all a joke!! Ive been through career after career and earned ridiculous amounts of money and also lived the life on nothing whatsoever!

It just goes to show how brain washed our society is!

If you don't believe me then contact your hero and ask how they got there, 80% will tell the truth!

modified review This review was modified by kie25 on March 22 2015 11:35:24 AM

"The E-Bay scheme is a win-win for E-Bay and customers who shop there, but it's a high risk and potential nightmare for sellers who are not only fleeced through unreasonably high fees (with or without resulting sales), and frequent swindles from customers who just may decide to demand their money back for whatever "reason" they may give. Customers are not even required to return merchandise for which refunds are demanded. In other words, the seller loses in any dispute. Adding insult to injury is their "satisfaction rating system" which guarantees 100% (perfect) standing for buyers, while sellers can be slandered and defrauded. E-Bay is a hopeless nightmare for sellers. "

"in 7 years I needed one single time help against a fraud in China, and eBay let me down, they only want to suck your money but when it comes to protect you you'll se nothing !
I will close down my eBay account right away !

modified review This review was modified by felix19 on March 21 2015 05:20:08 PM

"Ebay stinks! I ordered shorts from littlecutie2011 (4 orders) they didnt arrive, notified them and usps. Seller said "oh well" Ebay wouldn't help at all said I waited too long to complain! Whats up with that, I thought I was giving sellers choice of delivery extra time. Its been 4 months. This is not the first problem. I am done with ebay!"

"SELLER SENT ME BROKEN ITEM.
EBAY SAYS RETURN THE ITEM.
I DO RETURN AND OF COURSE PAY EXTRA TO RETURN ITEM .
PROVIDE THE TRACKING DETAILS TO EBAY.
ITEM IS STILL ON TRANSIT AND EBAY CLOSES THE CASE SAYING I DIDNT PROVIDE TRACING DETAILS .
FUCK OFF EBAY !
NEVER AGAIN!

"Wow just had the worse case with ebay! First I don't get my product and i call in and make a claim not just 3 hours later I lose the case saying it has been delivered a while ago.... no it hasn't... call again and apeal my case when I found out the sellers sent them a fake tracking number!! Good job ebay! Does anyone even work there? And now all I get is my money back and no compensation for the 3 weeks I have been waiting... how about no! You guys are the worst in customer service. I really hope no one else gets fooled like I did!! From here on out I nor people I know will be using your service and trust me I will be postin this on Facebook and instagram so none of my friends of family get tricked!!"

modified review This review was modified by Aluppi04 on March 18 2015 01:50:33 PM

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!