Stores > eBay

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.47/10 1.47/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.33/10 2.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.86/10 0.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.74/10 0.74/10
Voice your opinion! Review eBay by clicking a star below.
2017-03-22

Pretty Good

"I bought a video game and it was shipped on time. It came with the original packaging and it couldn't be better. My brother bought a guitar and the sound was a little off but for the
cheap price it was good.

This review was modified by S90839093 on March 22 2017 07:30:01 AM

2017-03-14

Amazon Is Better, Faster, and Less Hastel

"Today was the last purchase for this site. I have been an ebay member for years, spent thousands of dollars and made one mistake while trying to sell on ebay. I will be closing my account with and moving on to another seller/buyer site such as Amazon considering the recent denial of lifting a seller restriction which has been long since passed and rectified. I will also be writing a detailed review on my experience with ebay and its staff concerning not only the needless and meaningless restriction placed on my account, but also the numerous times in which products were purchased from this site and in attempts to return to certain sellers, was denied full refunds where the items were not as described. It seems that Ebay spends more time favoring large volume sellers, but people who merely want to sell items on occasion are restricted from doing so. Maybe all those high volume sellers can sell to each other to keep ebay going.

Amazon has Prime which comes with many benefits. Shipping is free in most cases and items are received usually within 1-3 days with no hassle when items aren't correct. I can sell my own things on there as well without being restricted and then denied forever.

Thank You for helping me make the choice Ebay. I put you right there with the rest of the greedy companies who lost touch with their client base.

This review was modified by Lowtech-llc on March 14 2017 01:45:01 PM

2017-03-12

Verbally Assaulted and Threatened by a Seller & eBay Does NOTHING!!!!

"I was verbally assaulted and threatened by an eBay seller and eBay did absolutely NOTHING to the seller. I looked at his history and he has a year of negative reviews about being nasty and rude,, but because he has 17,000 something reviews, eBay CHOOSES do to NOTHING. eBay is not a reputable company any longer and is solely for the seller but they forget that without the BUYER they would be out of business."

This review was modified by ldusch on March 12 2017 09:00:07 AM

2017-03-07

Bad news fraud

"I have purchased quite a few items from eBay over the years so I decided to sell my organ on ebay. The listing was for 7 days and there were no bids. EBay charged me 300 dollars claiming that this was the fee for reserved price which I never asked for. It too an hour to reach them each time I called was told I would be refunded my 300 dollars. I haven't received the money.. "

This review was modified by CBARNESSR on March 07 2017 10:30:02 AM

2017-03-03

Terrible Customer Service

"I have been a customer of ebay for years and until recently had mostly good experiences. Last year I placed an order from a vendor for 2 logitech computer mice. The order was filled and shipped along with tracking info, the order was delivered, but not to me to another house in the community I live in. Turns out the shipping label dropped some of the address off at the end and left 2 digits that reflected the unit number I live at. The address the package was set to was an actual address, just not mine, so tracking info indicated that the package had been delivered. Seller and ebay would not check and verify the actual shipping address, only said tracking info showed delivery. Would not refund the $160.00 I spent on the products. I had to go door to door to find my package that had been delivered to the wrong address. I took pictures of the shipping label and emailed to ebay to prove that the address was incorrect, they apologized and offered me a $5.00 coupon for my troubles. Gave them another change and it's happened again, Ebay will not look into it, I will have to track down the order myself, shipper will not verify where the product was sent, I only know I didn't get it. I am through dealing with ebay, when you send them detailed emails with your concerns, I don't think they even read it, if they do then the persons that respond are complete idiots because they don't address any of the issues brought up in the complaint."

This review was modified by kenscard on March 03 2017 08:00:12 PM

2017-03-02

eBay is Seriously Broken - Rights for the sellers, None for you

"I have been scammed by eBay's sellers on a few occasions:

This is the most recent example.

I place an order from an eBay seller named Michael Shepard that does business on eBay by the nick name of -- funselling22 -- and after a few days, eBay sends you an email telling you the seller cancelled this order. PayPal has already sent money from your checking account to the seller.

eBay informs you that the seller has sent a refund to you original payment method, your PayPal Account. PayPal takes a minimum 2 days to credit your PayPal Account. After the amount of time PayPal takes to credit you PayPal Account, you have to start a PayPal transaction to return your money from your PayPal Account and pay PayPal for this transaction to return your own money to your Checking Account.

How do you call this scheme?

The seller named Michael Shepard that does business on eBay by the nick name of -- funselling22 -- is not sanctioned, even if you ask eBay to sanction the seller. They give you the hype that is the seller's property and he can refuse to sell it to you. Even when this refusal takes place after you have paid for the item and PayPal has sent them the money. When the item is not theirs anymore. eBay won't even allow a buyer to place a bad feedback deserved feedback to this irresponsible seller named Michael Shepard that does business on eBay by the nick name of -- funselling22 -- .

If you, as a Buyer, do the same with a seller, eBay sanctions you with Unpaid Purchase Sanctions. Even heavily damaging your feedback as a responsible buyer.

There is another problem. If you want to buy from American seller, there is not an easy way to distinguish the American seller from the myriad of foreign sellers that sell on eBay using this platform from their foreign country. These sellers have resorted to sending their merchandise ahead of time to warehouses in mainland U.S.A. How can you solve any problems with these sellers effectively?

The only way is to message them using eBay's messaging platform and asking them if they are American or not.

Remember this: You have the right to know who are you buying from.

As for me, I will only buy items with a price of $20 or less, only if the item is not easily available elsewhere.

This review was modified by TechOld on March 04 2017 05:30:01 PM

2017-02-26

Ebay is a place for scammers

"I am a seller on eBay and I sale good product and the scammers have brought me to a decision to shut my accounts down because I cant keep taking the loses. Ebay tells me I should expect to take a lose here and there when they dont pay for the parts I am selling. They have buyer protection but no seller protection. I believe that if they had seller protection and tighter guidelines then everyone would be okay. I am going to check out amazon to see what their rules are like and see about moving over to there with my items. I have a warehouse with well over $4 million dollars worth of merchandise in it, looks like someone needing these parts I have wont get them because of the flood of scammers on eBay buying items and destroying them and wanting to send back or even sending you back their old part in the place of. I cant take it no more.........

This review was modified by 2wheelcity on February 26 2017 09:45:02 PM

2017-02-06

Scammers!

"eBay has just destroyed itself with all of these scammers!"

This review was modified by Will.J.Johnson on February 06 2017 03:45:01 PM

2017-02-05

Sellers can no longer be trusted!

"I was scammed by an ebay powerseller twice now! Never again!"

This review was modified by PhilRoberts on February 05 2017 09:15:02 PM

2017-01-31

Outdated

"EBay's checkout process with paypal is extremely outdated and unforgiving. I'm finally fed up with the multi day process that happens if you need to adjust payment sources or address. I'm closing my paypal account which is a common target for hackers anyway - that means ebay is dead to me as well, all amazon from here."

This review was modified by keyblue on January 31 2017 03:00:02 PM

2017-01-29

Ebay is terrible...a big rip off...

"I was ripped off by an ebay power seller. Luckily I was only ripped off approximately $23.00.(the power seller sold me a broken item) I attempted to give a low rating to the seller and tell my story to all the potential buyers. Whereby the potential buyers could review by experience and decide for themselves if they wanted to buy or not from that seller. Ebay would not allow me to rate their power seller and denied my post. When I attempted to delete my account ebay denied me that process as well. They said there is a six months grace period because many customers that request to delete their account ultimately want to be reactivated within six months.

I can assure you I'm not one of them. Ebay is a rip off..sell your items elsewhere. Poor customer service.

This review was modified by edn1962 on January 29 2017 07:30:02 PM

2017-01-20

Hidden Costs

"Ebay may have started out well, but now they are a money pit of misinformation. They don't tell you when or what you'll be charged for and this is where they make their money. BEWARE they offer services without being clear about what you're going to be charged for. I just sold an item for £300 and got charged £108 in fees!! Absolutely disgusting and people should be warned. There's a clear mis-selling of the service terms and they do not care. Avoid at all costs."

This review was modified by jjj777 on January 20 2017 08:00:03 PM

2017-01-18

Good shoes, cheap and fast delivery

"I bought new Dr.Martens sandals. Super happy!"

This review was modified by gregork on January 18 2017 09:45:03 AM

2017-01-18

Perfect Order

"I'm very happy with the service. I ordered a couple of books and am very satisfied with the overall process of online shopping. "

This review was modified by Pithe1951 on January 18 2017 03:45:01 AM

2017-01-11

Why only Paypal?

"I found good product, ready to buy, but eBay accept only PayPal payments, no credit cards, very disappointed."

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!