Stores > eBay

Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.52/10 1.52/10

2016-08-28

Ebay.in - the ANTI-CUSTOMER online website

"Hello Buyers!!

This is regarding my experience with purchasing through EBAY.IN, the company which claims to be the number one in online shopping. Today in the current market of online shopping where companies like Flipkart, Myntra, Amazon and Snapdeal are offering fast delivery with easy and fast return and replacement – I have real-time experience with there no-tension return and replacement, there exist EBAY.IN whose customer care team lies to there customer, they are least bothered and will try there best to neglect the processing of refund as your money is with them and you are at the loss and not they!!
I found one dell laptop with good configuration on ebay, being a frequent customer of ebay who actually never dealt through there return and replacement processing, I ordered the laptop and made the online payment (Paisapay ID: 43396950846) and the struggle story started, I received the laptop on 23rd aug 16 and when I opened that, the laptop was missing windows 8.1 which was mentioned in the product specs, now the ebay’s anti-customer policy begins, I myself had to contact the supplier for the missing thing, ebay will keep sleeping over this (ebay policy), supplier confirmed his mistake. There is no other way for the customer except raising the claim on ebay.in, the next thing is – Ebay will sleep again blissfully as your money is stuck and not Ebay’s. I kept waiting and received no response from ebay except one automatically generated computer mail about the claim rasied. Then on 24th aug 16, I myself called ebay customer care and asked them about the processing of the refund – the executive told me that I will receive a call from Ebay claim department in 2days and there processing time is 20 days!! – ebay’s anti-customer policy!, after 2days Ebay customer care blissfully sleeping over the matter so I called them again and to my surprise the executive told me that they have intimated the supplier and have received no response form the supplier and they are waiting for the suppliers reply, also I will receive a response from Ebay claim department in 7days!! So you can imagine what a company EBAY is who takes 7days to make a call and start the processing – ebay’s anti-customer policy. Then the very same day I contacted the supplier and he told me that he had already replied to ebay’s mail and for me he will send the reply again..So ebay’s customer care department lied to me again – ebay’s anti-customer policy. Also the executive told me that I have to ship the product back to the supplier!! – ebay’s anti-customer policy the customer have to take all the tension and have to do all the work and EBAY will sleep blissfully as they got there money.
Today its 5th day after raising the claim and EBAY-Guarantee and there customer team is blissfully sleeping over this, I never imagined that the company who claims to be number one is actually number – ZERO. There is no customer favorable policy all the customer has to do is wait nothing else. Also 3days after receiving and generating the claim for the order, I received automated msg form ebay that the item is shipped and will be delivered to me before 31st aug!! Now you can imagine how pathetic is the condition of Ebay team in India is!! The ebay’s anti-customer policy dsnt end here, on 28th aug 16, I finally received a call from the claim department and astonishingly the guy Mr. Toufiq told me to send a picture of the missing part!! Ha ha ha! Picture of the missing windows 8.1 OS when I questioned him about computer knowledge he is having he had no answer except asking me to visit Dell warranty department as it is manufacturing defect, now you can understand what kind of people are sitting there in Ebay team, then when I questioned him about the laptop systems he transferred my call to his senior Mr. Mehraz he also asked me to visit Dell service center and get the confirmation letter on this…now you can understand for a fault of the seller for which seller has already accepted his mistake, how much pain the customer has to take and the Ebay team put all of its efforts in increasing the customer’s problem and pain…not to help get the correct product. So friends do keep in mind before you place an order on EBAY.IN about the ebay’s anti-customer policy!!

Mr. Devin Wenig, if you read this my humble request to you is pls ask your team to make some customer favorable policies which encourages the buyers and not the policies which actually reduce the list of your buyers and pls check your customer care team members knowledge about the product they handle. This is not a reflection of a online shopping company which stands out in the world.

This review was modified by Dude30 on August 28 2016 10:07:41 AM

2016-08-26

onebut deservesnone

"I would give them 0 stars for customer service. I have bought literally hundreds of items without a problem. Turns out I'm lucky I never had an issue. When I did have something happen neither the merchant (and especially) ebay wanted to do anything. Don't even bother trying to call them it is a joke!
I will probably buy again on ebay I just realize that there won't be any help if there is a problem. I believe from what I have read this works both ways. Sellers don't get any support either.

This review was modified by Markyrich on August 26 2016 07:26:16 PM

2016-08-26

Amazing, Truly Amazing

"With a corporate background, including middle management, it amazes me that, 1) eBay can remain in business, 2) generate and sustain revenues and, 3) trade at all on the stock markets while actually, and phenomenally, thriving.

Most comments, from seemingly disgruntled eBay users, are VERY valid. Comments such as “…be prepared for...dodgy buyers looking to scam…no protection from ebay...fake items (false claims, etc)...extremely high fees (including shipping!)...awful website..." are all very valid.

1st, eBay's layout, overall user interfaces etc. are poorly designed, disorganized, inefficient and simply immature, adolescent, childlike. Regarding eBay's “protection” policies, empty promises. 2nd, support for transactions gone bad require excessive, valid, documentation from buyers/sellers, with the onus of resolving issues falling on the buyer/seller, rendering eBay's alleged "protection" almost worthless. As just one example, we purchased several allegedly "new" SSDs. The item(s) arrived with postage due and therefore, had to be “refused” (we did not have cash available to pay the USPS carrier). The short version: item was immediately returned to the seller; however, seller would not issue a refund despite several messages and documentation (zero, yes ZERO, weight for the package, $0.61 for fees that should've been $6-$7, etc!). eBay advised filing a dispute vs. using eBay's messaging. eBay next advised allowing 3 business days for the buyer to respond. On the FOURTH business day, eBay advised waiting until the FIFTH business day for the seller to respond. After more than 1-1/2 hours presenting our case to the eBay "courts", eBay reluctantly agreed to enforce their buyer "protection" (hah!) policy by issuing a refund, again, almost approaching the FIFTH day, and only AFTER sending the seller yet one last message while on the phone with eBay.

eBay reasoned the seller may've been waiting to check the package. However, even IF the SSDs were damaged, such damage would NOT have been our responsibility since the package was in the possession of the USPS the entire time. Any possible damage would've been between the USPS and the seller. We further argued, should the seller claim damage to the returned items; he could prolong our dispute for MONTHS. When asked by eBay if there was anything else they could do we replied, “…enforce your famous eBay protection policy and issue a refund!” After a long pause on hold, the eBay rep advised that an exception (huh? It is their HIGHLY promoted "protection" policy!) will be made by issuing a refund. There should've been NO "exception", no "override." The seller was wrong, allegedly tried to defraud the USPS, was unresponsive and we had provided copious, valid, legally supporting documentation.

Regarding eBay user ratings, most buyers/sellers (private parties) will avoid submitting negative feedback, to prevent receiving a negative rating in return! So, positive seller ratings may not reflect the true seller rating, where seller ratings could possibly be MUCH lower than reflected on the eBay.

Lastly, eBay’s messaging is a mess, a communications nightmare, virtually impossible to maintain a contiguous transactional message thread, with respect to numerous messages for a single transaction. I honestly believe eBay is just another "dot.com" leftover from the '90s waiting to crash. If it weren't for the patient Filipino representatives, eBay C-Levels would all be cashing in their obscene golden parachutes (i.e. 10s of millions of dollars!) regardless of failure or bankruptcy.

If not for the patient Filipino eBay support, I believe eBay would be in Chapter 11.

This review was modified by DRailroad on August 26 2016 03:45:36 AM

2016-08-15

Alienware 17 (New Edition) 17" Notebook - Customized

"Don't sell anything on this site. It's full of scammers and eBay doesn't do anything about it. I know because I recently tried selling my laptop on this site. Do not trust me, just look at the number of negative feedback from other people, numbers don't lie, eBay ****! If you are that gullible and wanna try your risk then go ahead and lose your money. I have had a share with their customer service and they ****, they are the epitome of dubious employees."

2016-08-15

ebay uk full of scamming buyers fake items and rip off fees

"Avoid ebay uk as it will only cause you grief whether you are a seller or buyer. If your a seller be prepared for all the dodgy buyers looking to scam and no protection from ebay be prepared to lose your items and pay back the scamming buyer! If your a buyer watch out for the fake items! And be prepared to paid extremely high fees to ebay and charge you fees on postage. Awful website that causes nothing but hassle."

This review was modified by louisedoy on August 15 2016 01:18:32 PM

2016-08-12

Ebay and pay pal what a mickey mouse operation

"got screwed from a fraudulent seller. good luck on getting your money back. I have never seen such a slow process in my life. grantee or your money back.

E bay is good for under 10 and under. shop at Walmart or well known stores. most of the people don't even speak English.

This review was modified by scottsworld on August 12 2016 02:36:29 PM

2016-08-10

Horrible

"Haven't used eBay to sell anything in about 3 yeara,i must say it's become a nightmare and will leave you you wanting to pull your hair out. And all that hassle to have to wait a week or longer to MAYBE get your money. And on top of that it will actually cost you money to ship the stuff to someone who may not be satisfied. Just trust me AVOID EBAY AND PAYPAL if your selling anything. Now if your buying stuff eBay is actually great."

2016-08-08

I was ripped off by eBay

"Previously I Sent 3 delivery (rather expensive). Company USPS shipment was delayed and came late. eBay took me money (about $ 2,000) and gave the buyer but the buyer received the goods only after a delay. I lost money and goods - was robbed by eBay.
In another case sent to the buyer's new pants + all + new tags. Pants new unused. Buyer said that the trousers are used because they were ironed iron (says that if someone uses pants irons are used - is absurd). Buyer founded the dispute. I do not rightly lost the dispute, but now I have no money of more than $ 200, and I have no pants !! I've beed robbed! eBay buyers gave my money and my new pants. I was robbed by eBay !!!

eBay took my money and my goods - it was a lot of money. If you are a buyer or seller to avoid eBay. The second problem is that eBay is a lot of fake branded items, and eBay is not doing anything to change it.
eBay earns a commission on the sale of fake items - I noticed that some of the apparel company about 70% of the products sold are fake!

Avoid eBay because either lose your money but you will be cheated and buy a fake - I noticed a lot of business items sold on eBay about 70% is false.

Never use eBay !!

2016-07-30

Great as a buyer and a seller

"As a buyer, I am always satisfied, and have always had all issues taken care of immediately. As a seller it has also been great. Their fees are a bit high, but it is understandable with the buyer and seller protection they offer, it has to get paid for somehow. I do not understand all the negativity about being a seller. they give every chance for the buyer and seller to resolve any issues on their own either with or without opening a case. If the buyer is legit trying to scam a seller by either saying there were missing pieces or they did not receive an item, the seller is also protected and no negative status goes on their selling account ( this is from the mouth of an eBay not received items rep). As far as fees and holds go, after 25 transactions totaling over $250 you become a preferred seller and your end value fees go down and your hold is no longer there. Great system for them to use to make sure new sellers are not scammers, but to also reward those that do good business. Will stick with this company as long as it is around as it has proven itself to me over time!"

2016-07-27

Ebays crap service

"I ordered two unlocked phones. I received one that wasnt unlocked and couldnt be unlocked. I wanted to return the item asap, but the seller was slow to reply. I reached out to ebay to get a return label(one was not included in the package) and a refund. I was informed I had to wait a week before they would help. The sellers finally answered and said they will send a label that week. I waited and did not get one. I asked for help from ebay again. The case made stated I had to wait 48 more hours, I waited only to be told they would not help me or give me a refund. Thankfully the seller finally gave me a return label and the refund or I would have been out 200 bucks. They also removed my negative feedback! STAY AWAY from ebay!!!"

2016-07-27

Selling through Ebay

"I sold an item through ebay and my buyer claimed there were pieces missing even though I had photographic proof otherwise. Ebay told me that their money back guarantee gave me no rights as a seller and that if I pursued I would regret it. Not only did I had to return the payment, I had to pay ebay a fee, a paypal fee, and pay for shipping the item back to me. I am horribly disappointed in how sellers are not protected. I will never sell through ebay again and would advise others not to do so either. At least I know that if I ever want to buy something through ebay and not pay all I have to do is say that it was missing pieces and I'll get it for free!"

2016-07-25

Very good for bargains!

" I only deduct one star due to the search showing up absolutly everything related to what you're looking for! Especially if you sort it by lowest price and postage. This is the only annoying thing. If you're using ebay just make sure you read the description of what you're getting and if you're not sure order from trusted sellers with high feedback ratings. Anything else is a bigger risk naturally enough. "

2016-07-11

eBay fantastic Paypal lets it down

" I've had very good experiences with eBay most of the sellers are very good to buy from and have descent private sellers . What lets it down is its attachment to Paypal . If you sell with them they can hold on to your MONEY for up to 21 Days but they will take there charges straight away . eBay customer service is second to none and have always had a complete service from them "

2016-07-03

Dishonest company - stay away

"Purchased a pair of shoes that were advertised as a bigger size than the pair I was sent, and quite obviously didn't fit. Contacted seller who refused refund unless I pay return postage and a "20% restocking fee". With postage and that fee, I would be paying almost the amount I would for the shoes and getting nothing for it. The seller removed the sizing chart from the item description shortly after I raised the issue, but I managed to get a screenshot of it beforehand. Contacted eBay who said the seller is not allowed to charge a restocking fe e and that I was entitled to a full refund with the seller paying for postage since it was their fault they falsely advertised the item. Well that all sounded great but unlucky for me, I wasn't aware of the hidden clause in eBay's so called "buyer protection - 30 day money back guarantee" that if I happen to submit a dispute via PayPal, I am no longer entitled to the eBay buyer protection. I mistakenly thought eBay and PayPal were the same company and that it didn't matter which way I did it. But turns out this is not one silly, little mistake. eBay and PayPal are now separate companies and if you happen to speak to PayPal about a transaction gone wrong, eBay will turn their back on you and rescind any buyer rights you had, had you not have spoken to PayPal. This sounds so ridiculous as I'm writing it that I can barely wrap my head around the sheer lunacy of this rule. What's worse is that this happens to be a hidden clause in eBay's terms and conditions that is not disclosed to buyers at any time, nor are buyers asked to accept or agree to such terms. It would be so simple to just click a single button and cancel the PayPal claim (which apparently guarantees nothing as far as eBay buyers getting the short end of the stick goes) and then click another button on eBay's site instead. But no, you've already clicked this other button, so you can no longer click our button which will get you the immediate help that you need with this. Because you've clicked the bad button, we at eBay no longer acknowledge you as a buyer at our site or give you the same rights other buyers have. This is dishonest, downright fraudulent business practice and I will never be shopping with eBay again. "

This review was modified by Andy543 on July 03 2016 02:02:30 AM

2016-07-02

Great buys as long as no refunds required!

"Ebay is NOT user friendly! Everything is great till you need a refund! There's no phone numbers to call and if you can't figure out which number is the actual order #, then that's just too bad 'cause it seems they can't figure out who you are either but the seller gets to keep your money!!! Ebay is bad news!!!"

This review was modified by megbransford on July 02 2016 05:17:09 PM

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!