Stores > eBay

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.98/10 1.98/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.21/10 1.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.77/10 1.77/10
Voice your opinion! Review eBay by clicking a star below.
2017-10-15

Don’t use Ebay

"False tracking numbers are used. They will keep your money and send no item."

2017-10-09

fraudulant purchase- no recourse

"This is a review of ebay customer service on an eligible for buyer protection case. There are both good and bad sellers on ebay so that doesnt directly mean ebay is good or bad, but ebays customer service is there to help when you encounter a bad seller; or so you are led to believe. Taking care of the customer IS directly in ebays control and what they are accountable for. I purchased a phone and payed immediately via paypal from my bank account. ebay informed my later that evening that it was a fraudulent transaction and the sellers account was likely compromised. ebay removed the listing so i can no longer leave feedback nor easily report the case for a refund. they are making it as difficult as possible to get my money back because ebay apparently sides with fraud as long as thet still get their cut. Even though the item is covered by buyer protection they won't help. i called their support phone number and got the same runaround as the website who pretends it never happened and redirects to the mail ebay.com page."

2017-10-05

**** Sellers get scammed by eBay Read this!!!!****

"**** Sellers get scammed by eBay Read this!!!!****
If you sell anything on eBay the buyer can return it for any reason and they don't even need to return your original item they can return a box of rocks and eBay will force you to give them a refund. If you call eBay and ask them they will tell you this is true. I went all the way to the top of their support and that was the bottom line, "the customer can return anything they want even if it's not the original item and we will refund them. If they keep doing it over and over after a while we will stop them."

2017-10-01

Platform is very good, but service depends on individual sellers

"I like shopping on eBay. Individual sellers have a lot of great stuff and prices are fair. I usually cross-check them with Amazon and usually same products are cheaper on Amazon, which has better terms of warranty."

2017-09-26

It's ok

"eBay is supposed to be cheaper than other places selling second hand things. But looks like it diverted away from its initial model. You can rarely find cheaper deals on it. And autobidding it's just a silly feature. Can't win with it against bigger resellers there."

2017-09-24

horrible, waste ,loss of money

"The worst website that i have seen.i have ordered a product (with AWB Number 451726168095 & Order no. 4605740263675)from ebay and today(24.08.2017)one courier boy (Rahul k.R+91 80866 78934 from delhivery )called me by morning and he was like they cant deliver the product at my house.i told him that in ebay its like they have door delivery in my postal pin code(688529).even he didnt agree and he just kept that product in a stationary shop near my house and told me to collect it,his behaviour is like insulting me.so i called ebay customer care and they where like they cant do anything today because Sunday is off for them.I dont know how much secured is our products which we get through ebay.try to avoid purchase products from ebay.atleast dont pay the cash before gettkng the product,try to use cash on delivery."

2017-09-24

They only have 100% refund mentioned, they do not honor it.

" I was not satisfied buying the product as the quality was not as per mentioned,still the eBay team did not bother and cancelled my return and refund request. Never buy from this site. "

2017-09-23

GUEST ORDER IS BULLSHIT

"While I had a wonderful experience with a seller themselves the actual website is HORRENDOUS, I HATE using ebay. When I tried to log back into my Guest account or whatever it is the site told me I need an access code that is supposed to be in my confirmation email. I checked that email several times and I wasn't able to find an access code anywhere! I have had to email the seller directly whom I have no problems with to try and resolve it since Ebay is NO HELP what so ever. Their customer service ****, they don't allow you to state your problem and just have choices to choose from that does not cover every situation, and when you finally find the number for customer service it is an automated voice recording that gets easily confused. I would rather pay for an overpriced item at another site or give Amazon my support than shop here again. Absolutely ridiculous!"

2017-09-21

Holding seller money

"ebay is holding seller funds on items that have been delivered and seller feedback received. just a way for ebay and paypal to use the money and not release the funds to the seller that has meant the requirements for selling"

2017-09-20

Ebay and paypal bouncing fraud that allowed to be happened due to systems separation to customers

"Be aware that paypal and ebay systems are not synced together to comply with messages and directions emailed to Ebay Sellers. paypal do not cover fraud that happened to sellers (unpaid items), and ebay is deleting transactions from seller account if paypal is canceling transaction of payment due to lack of funds on buyer's account (which is one of the case for unpaid items). seller do not have any means on ebay to open claim on deleted (cancelled by paypal due to unsufficient funds on account) for unpaid item, as well as do not have any means on paypal to open the case as Receiver of money (only Sender of money can open a claim).
to be short - do not use Paypal when selling on ebay.

2017-09-12

EBAY is a fraud!!!!! The DO NOT SUPPORT THE SELLER!!!!

"My son sold an item for $700 and received a notification from the EBAY APP saying "it's ok to ship item.' Then he sent the buyer the shipping info. Then the seller cancelled the order and EBAY IS OKAY WITH THAT!!!! IT WAS A SCAM AND THEY WILL NOT PAY MY SON BECAUSE 'THEY DON'T HAVE THE $$$$$. WHAT TOTAL EBAY IDIOTS TO SEND THE NOTIFICATION WHEN THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE $$$$$."

2017-09-07

horrendous would never ever use ebay again,

"i sold a few clothing items for a grand total of £20.32. also tried to sell a mobile phone which went for £200.00 because i was a new ebay member a hold was put on receiving payment for mobile which was pending for 3 weeks in my paypal account. the buying cancelled purchase and put a dispute claim in through paypal due to not receiving item. i was charged a fee of £11.74 in august and have now just been charged another fee of £28.85 to come out in September.
so for making a grand total of £20.32 i have payed back in fees £40.59.
EBAY IS A TOTAL RIP OFF STAY WELL CLEAR AND USE OTHER SELLING SITES THAT ARE FREE!

2017-09-05

horrible policy

"i purchased headlight never received the product the postal service claim that they left it in the mail box immagine how you going to fit 2 big boxes in a old small mail box ebay refuse to refund my money."

2017-09-04

Horrible when things go wrong

"I have been with ebay right from the start and I have to say they have become an utter monster. ebay just wasn't designed to sell new goods, it was aimed at the second-hand market and it really shows. They are absolutely terrible when it comes to new items and the way they handle companies and customers. The short of it is that they don't care as long as they get their money. Everything will be fine until the sale goes wrong. These days ebay is flooded with bad sellers and Amazon re-sellers, and ebay just don't care. The moment you get a problem the first issue you are going to have is even trying to contact Customer Services, the second issue will be that when you do finally contact them you realise they just don't want anything to do with it. Their attitude is very much, "it's your purchase so it's your problem". They have just reached a size where they have stopped caring. "

2017-08-31

No help from eBay as a Buyer.

"Pretty fed up with eBay right now (and I have been a member nearly from the start).
So glad Amazon exists!

I purchased shoes from a seller, they arrived - two different lengths. I filed a request to return them. Seller filed eBay for "help" with this request. Ebay jumped in and denied my request to return shoes saying it was "buyers remorse" when right shoe was 10 inches and the other was 10 1/2 inches. How rediculous is that?

I'm not out my money thanks to eBay and cannot do anything with these shoes. Ebay even suggested I try to resell them - being a dishonest seller is just fine with them. BUYER BEWARE!

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!