Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.23/10 1.23/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.89/10 1.89/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10

"Ebay is a joke! I have had 2 issues now and Ebay never listens! My first issue was the first transaction I ever did on Ebay. I sold a blackberry phone and never got paid for it and this company did nothing but delete the buyers page! My second issue is that I just sold a tablet that worked perfectly before I shipped it and the buyer is saying it is defective and doesn't work, they opened a case, and now I have to return the money and will more than likely get my tablet back broken! Ebay did not see the tablet before or after it was sold so how can they say the buyer won the case! it simply says no returns on almost every sellers page! What is the point of that if no one follows it! So now not only will I be out of a good tablet that I'm sure the buyer broke I will also be out of selling it again! I used this tablet maybe 10 times if that. I deleted all my information on it, turned it off, and shipped it. I am a loyal person and this is just very disheartning that no one will listen to me."

"I always have good luck with anything I've ordered from eBay. Recently, with order #281458601779 I received a product thta was better than expected."

modified review This review was modified by Ananda123 on October 22 2014 06:27:24 AM

"I hope enough people see this article about ebay that it will make them think change their minds about ever buying anything from ebay again. Yes this is a company that should no longer exist due to their terrible customer service policy and lies about due refunds to customers. I had purchased a 12 ray sapphire that was no where near as described. This had also happened recently with the seller shipping from Las Vegas to California at $7 for shipping. Wrong item and never got money back! So now, same type of item sent from a different seller but SAME address in Las Vegas. Seller said he wasn't affiliated with Allgems (previous company) even though it shipped from same location. He told me to send item to a certain address in Thiland, so I paid more in shipping and sent it. The U.S.P.S. told me their was no available tracking number for this item and that it could be in customs for 4-6 weeks before seller receives it. All I have now is a useless customs' declaration # paper. Every time I call ebay about it they tell me the case has been escalated and they will transfer me to their Appeals Department ( their highest decision making department). This has happened many times already now where I wait on the phone to be transferred to someone who knows what the hell their doing and my call never gets transferred after waiting anywhere from 15 minutes up to ONE HOUR on two separate occasions. And other times when someone did finally answer my call, I had to star all over again with explaining why I was calling in the first place! You know what I get then right? "We will transfer your call right away" and the same old shit goes on again, getting nowhere. It amazes me that ebay can even legitimately stay in business anymore since they are now a company of nothing more than a bunch of liars and thieves as well as many of the sellers they do business with. All I can say is FUCK EBAY!"

modified review This review was modified by jdogmeatball on October 14 2014 07:03:35 PM

"Now never buy a Product from Ebay ...they have changed all policy and they will cheat you .....I have ordered some item from Ebay and after ordering i feel i need to cancel or change the order but i was sock when eBay told you cannot do either ....When any company in India allowing to cancel the order if item are not shipped then why ebay is not allowing ? what they think ..they can cheat one time not always .and also not to all ..........so i will request you all to please dont buy any product from eBay ..."

modified review This review was modified by rammurti84 on October 14 2014 04:53:59 AM

"After years of sales and a 100% rating, I have now hit a new low on ebay. What used to take a minute (escalating a claim) now takes hours on the phone due to the fact that the site doesn't work anymore. This has become the worst company I have ever dealt with. "

modified review This review was modified by cwaduke23 on October 09 2014 04:43:53 PM

"I recently sold a pair of shoes to a Tali Young in Dover, NH. And she stated that the shoes were smelled of smoke. And eBay is allowing her keep the shoes."

"Terrible am waiting for my case to closed and am done shopping on eBay. I had a terrible experience this last year, bought something , terrible packaging, item arrived damage, then you get harass by seller, plus seller put a hold on the delivery just to delay the refund ebay does not do anything about it. Over a week ago, I bought a 18k earrings, they were clearly MARKED 14K, seller said to return without a return label? Then I contact eBay customer support they rudely said eBay was not providing return labels even if the item was NOT as described???? WTF??? Really??? I know have to pay for the return (losing money for someone else mistake??) You're spending your money buying here on eBay then they not only give you crapy services they also tell you "return it at your own expense" not to count that you're already spending money buying shipping supplies to return their not as described items. this to me it's just throwing money away. I can't wait to have this case closed to be done with eBay and PayPal. Do not shop jewelry online or you'll get scam! "

modified review This review was modified by likeitornotwhocares on October 03 2014 05:12:20 PM

"My ebay purchase was horrible. I order a front bumper lip spoiler from the tuningadvance and got the wrong part.
I tried to email them and call the contact number but no one emailed me back and the number was busy all the time, i must of called at least 10 time .

modified review This review was modified by Ray.M on October 03 2014 04:02:11 PM

"I been a customer of ebay for a long time and have never done nothing wrong! but EBAY is punishing me for something i didnt even Do. So i Said Fine i want to close my account and all of the account in my house hold if we cant do business. i Hate that it had to come to this but it is what it is! I want to close my account with Ebay But they wont let me, i talk a cusomter rep. and a superviser (Nate) and he said that they cant do that! CAN EBAY DO THIS? I read through there poloice it didnt say anything about keeping my account open even tho I want ot close it! i saw on couple post that it will take 30 day but that not what the supperviser told me. He said ("I cant do it because its not my account its EBAY") ForReal ! I feel the need to close my account for security purpose but they wont let me PLEASE HELP! PLEAE HELP !"

"Ebay allowed their seller sell my a Louis Vuitton handbag but when I tried to relist the item because the seller does not offer refund. Ebay sent me a Tradmark violations. When I said that I bought this from your seller so I want my money back since you said that it’s trademark violations. It took closed to an hour on the phone & they ruled in the sellers favor. The last person said that it was all a misunderstanding. They sent me email that i can list up $11.000 with of items. So decided it was ok to realist the item again & I get another trademark violations & a 7 day account restrictions & 2nd violations. So I called again & was on phone for over an hour; the person said that the appeal was approved. So when I tried to relist an unpaid item it says that I have 7 day restriction. So another very very long phone call for the same issues then they can’t removed. You never have any problem with me spending close to $6000.00 but you have a problem with my selling. "

modified review This review was modified by bhpurseonista on October 01 2014 06:06:33 AM

"terrible company. The customer support is bad. Plan on waiting over a hour to talk to someone and then you get someone you cant understand. What a joke and the opening a case, They always favor the buyer and not the seller. I hate that company. Pay back is a b****"

modified review This review was modified by whatdoin01 on September 23 2014 07:15:40 PM

"I have been with eBay for over 5 years and have used their services heavily both as a buyer and a seller. I say this with full concern for the reader of this review; stay away! I have had so many issues both as a buyer and a seller. Try Amazon. Seriously.

Customer service might as well be non-existent. Their customer service is so bad, I feel like people don't believe me when I say that I have on several occasions spent more than 2 hours just to reach customer service. It is true.

Not only that, but fees have been raised so many times that you can hardly make it as a seller. Things used to be better. On the buyer's side, all you see nowadays is cheap crap (largely from China). It seems like they are trying to kick off all of the little guys and make it a big retailer.

0/5 Stars everywhere. I hate eBay with a burning passion... and I used to love the company...

"EBay and their Paypal are a double nightmare. If you are dealing with a good seller there is no problems but if you get one of their "preferred sellers" that uses the same tactics as Ebay it is not worth doing business with either. You are better off paying full retail anywhere else that you can use your credit card and know if the seller is devious you can get satisfaction by doing a dispute with your CC company. With Paypal and Ebay you will have a minimum of 1-3 hours of phone time and the same computer time trying to resolve the issue. These guys deserve to go out of business and probably will when competing with the likes of Amazon and other good internet stores that accept your credit card.

I have spent over 6 hours trying to return an item that was not as described by the seller "rivergrange_powersports". It was impossible to contact this company after the sale and after going through their resolution process Ebay gave me a return label and I returned the item they have yet to give me a refund for the purchase.

modified review This review was modified by pellmauid on September 20 2014 12:09:22 PM

"I opened account on eBay just a week ago. It took total of four hours just waiting for someone to answer the phone over two consecutive days. Tried chat and all the numbers I could see online to reach them. Once I found dialed number and they returned my call within 2 minutes, but representative said he can not assist me with raising my limits he transferred me but the call dropped. I went on chat to see how long is the wait- answer was one hour!

Next day attempt early morning 7 am. On hold with eBay just trying to raise my limits as a new seller. After one hour I went through identification process : personal info, address, and public record. Account got finally set up. Then was a pay pal account set up and linking. Approved to sell up to 100 items or 5000.
Finally I was able to list my dress.!
Next day I see notification of my account being restricted and possibly closed within 48 hours if not contacted.

So I call immediately, 45 minutes on the phone it takes for a representative to look up my account. Representative Could not explained what kind of suspicious activity was going on, meanwhile my item is already removed from being listed, and from my chance to sell the dress.
Now according to her I need to fax more docs with my ID and receipt from when purchased etc. so my question is what's next? How Many More Steps to this process ?(which is nowhere listed on Ebays web site). Which is good to know upfront before I waisted so much time.
On the top of this cake eBay review link that they send me doesn't work. The step where it asks for the feedback and improvement, when I wrote this it wouldn't go through.
eBay really treat private seller like you are under some kind of investigation and not with the dignity as any honest person who is just trying to sell something of their own. Why I'm posting it here, perhaps you see this before getting stuck with them if u are a privet seller. The site has technical mistakes such: where it says call us - one digit was missing from the phone number. Knowing how they operate
Will not deal with EBay, neither buy or sell.

modified review This review was modified by Bruilik on September 20 2014 11:14:57 AM

"I became a new seller recently and sold by auction a new pair never used kids converse high tops. I had issues with an incorrect spelling for my link to my PayPal as they did not match. I contacted eBay several times on the matter and they could not resolve the issue so I tried to have the buyer pay through the PayPal directly under eBays authorization since we would both still be covered under the PayPal policy's. The buyer continued to use the incorrect PayPal that was misspelled and I never received payment for the item sold but the buyer kept demanding me to send the shoes anyway. Well after contacting eBay again several more times and not getting the help I needed with my very first sale the buyer they were able to leave a bad feedback on my account. ebay now is only letting me list 1 item until I receive a good review in order to go back to my original selling status of 100 items per month. I was warned not to join eBay but I did anyways not realizing I would become a new victim to eBay's buyer bull crap. There was no support from eBay regarding my situation and I paid the price for someone else not paying attention to what was going on or just trying to scam me. Either way I do not recommend eBay. I went to bonanza and all though sales are slow the communication is awesome so far. Good luck if you fall into eBay. Also I never received my free 40 listings. I was billed twice when I should have gotten my free listings."

modified review This review was modified by chicenvy2014 on September 17 2014 08:01:31 PM

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!