Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.20/10 1.20/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.89/10 1.89/10

"I became a new seller recently and sold by auction a new pair never used kids converse high tops. I had issues with an incorrect spelling for my link to my PayPal as they did not match. I contacted eBay several times on the matter and they could not resolve the issue so I tried to have the buyer pay through the PayPal directly under eBays authorization since we would both still be covered under the PayPal policy's. The buyer continued to use the incorrect PayPal that was misspelled and I never received payment for the item sold but the buyer kept demanding me to send the shoes anyway. Well after contacting eBay again several more times and not getting the help I needed with my very first sale the buyer they were able to leave a bad feedback on my account. ebay now is only letting me list 1 item until I receive a good review in order to go back to my original selling status of 100 items per month. I was warned not to join eBay but I did anyways not realizing I would become a new victim to eBay's buyer bull crap. There was no support from eBay regarding my situation and I paid the price for someone else not paying attention to what was going on or just trying to scam me. Either way I do not recommend eBay. I went to bonanza and all though sales are slow the communication is awesome so far. Good luck if you fall into eBay. Also I never received my free 40 listings. I was billed twice when I should have gotten my free listings."

modified review This review was modified by chicenvy2014 on September 17 2014 08:01:31 PM

"I have been an ebay seller for several years now. I have sold collectibles and more recently am a clothing seller. My ebay experience has had it's ups and downs over the years but mostly due to user error and NOT to ebay's customer service or support. I had an excellent experience today with a young man named Adam. He helped me to remove my first negative feedback ever. It was due to my buyer having admittedly not read my listing thoroughly, and expecting a longer dress than the one she got. Her complaint was really with the manufacturer than with me, since I provided both measurements and plenty of pictures as well as listing the item as an "above knee mini." She left me negative feedback for not accepting a return even though my listing states that I don't do so unless there has been an error on my part. I am a reasonable seller. Anyway, her feedback was unfair and properly scathing. I was so sad about the first negative strike! EBAY took care of it quickly and professionally. Since the buyer admitted her own error in previous communication, they were able to rule in my favor. THANKS, EBAY! I can go back to a 100% seller rating again! MANY STARS FOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT!"

modified review This review was modified by vamoosa78 on September 16 2014 03:44:41 PM

"I bought a computer motherboard, CPU and RAM from
Pault2217 on EBay. He insisted on sending me the cooler and CPU already installed on the motherboard. When I received the merchandise I tried to fix it for three days before I took the cooler and CPU off the motherboard. So I couldn't get it to start in three days so I took it a part and found out why he wanted to send it put together. The CPU was warped with a kinked pin and the motherboard was full of something where you connect the CPU to the board. The motherboard was also dead. The ad stated that everything was in great condition and the motherboard was dead and the CPU had problems. Only the RAM seemed to be in working order. So I contacted EBay since they always brag about their buyer’s protection policies. Will they didn't help me they helped the guy who gives them a lot more business. In summary I won the bid for a motherboard, CPU and RAM which were described as being in great condition. When I received them the motherboard and CPU had major problems and wouldn't work. I took it to EBay’s buyers protection and I ended up with a worthless motherboard, CPU which I spent $380 altogether. So don't waste your money in EBay since they don't have a buyer’s protection policy. And defiantly don't buy from pault2217 since he sends you broken merchandise and negative. Even though I received a broken motherboard and CPU EBay would not let me put in a negative review. DON’T DO BUSINESS WITH EBAY YOU WILL GET BROKEN MERCHANDISE AND YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

"DO NOT SELL ON EBAY! Even though the seller is the one that keeps them in business they WILL NOT protect you or resolve anything in your favor EVER!!! If the buyer complains about you or opens a case against you it doesn't matter how much you try and work things out yourselves, eBay will resolve in favor of the buyer and it will cost you more money in the long run. "

modified review This review was modified by Amygirlward on September 15 2014 10:21:45 AM

"the worst company i ever seen is Ebay, sellers paying 10% commission to them, and they never protect seller. The funny thing is when you ask them "how do you know that the buyer is not lying" they will tell you "we dont know" haha and then the seller has to apply the refund or ebay just use seller's money to refund the buyer even we know the buyer is bs. Let me make an example, if buyer buys a phone on ebay, then buyer create a case by saying item is not as described, and ship the phone box with a rock inside, ebay will still refund buyer from seller's money. Is that a low IQ company? And in my case, my stuff that i sold was exactly what my listing described, they still want me to pay for the original shipping and apply full refund."

modified review This review was modified by hatebay on September 12 2014 06:18:12 PM

"I have been a seller on Ebay for 3 years. I am deleting my account with them since their policy allows them to hold MY funds for almost a month with every single item that I have sold. Their reason for holding MY funds is because "you are not selling frequently enough on Ebay". If you were to sell more items frequently, then I will be allowed to obtain MY funds sooner." This makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever!!! This reason is NOT encouraging at all, to continue to be a seller on Ebay. I have never experienced this problem with other websites, that I sell items on. "

modified review This review was modified by SellerOnEbay on September 12 2014 11:24:49 AM

eBay User

"Ebay protection plan is juste a scammed they are full of shit buy at amazon ebay = fraud all their profit money should go to waste or lost in the stuck market in the name of JESUS I SAY SO AMEN. "

"EBAY rules for the Seller not the buyer, The highly advertise that is you buy a fraud, and item not as described you will have a guarantee instant refund of your money. A Seller advertised a Citizen Eco Drive watch for sell. I own four Eco Drive Citizen Watches, the one sent to me said SOLAR Watch. The Seller committed fraud, and lied about the watch. I lost my money, when EBAY ruled for the Seller."

eBay User

"Money Back Guarantee is NOT guaranteed at all!!!

Ordered a $340 PS3 system with extras. Seller mailed to WRONG ADDRESS in the WRONG CITY. Didn't request signature for delivery even though it cost well over $250. I waited two weeks for delivery and when package showed out for delivery in the WRONG CITY I contacted USPS and seller. USPS stopped delivery and sent it back to seller. Seller said it was rerouted to me, yet USPS shows it as DELIVERED IN NORRISTOWN. I do not live in the city they attempted to deliver in or the city they delivered in, yet when I filed a case with the resolution center was told they sided with seller because it shows delivered (with no signature apparently) at an address that isn't mine and in a city that I don't even live in! The guarantee is there just to lure customers in but they don't live up to it. If you buy or sell anything with them just be aware it's at your own risk because now I'm out $340 and the seller probably got his system back and is laughing at how easy it was to screw someone over!
This was sellers first sell, yet I have 100% feedback for YEARS of purchases and I never ONCE filed a dispute and they are screwing me. Will never do business with them again! Amazon is so much better!

eBay User

""Dont buy anything from EBay" I had very very bad and disappointing experience.

First i got the product which was nonfunctional then i raised claim and the replaced one also was not working and now EBay is not providing any support for further replacement while i complaint them within 30 days. EBay products are no trustworthy.

Saudi Arabia

"I like Ebay for save and big change between 2001 and today realy nice website to order and deal with it.

All best ebay

"THE Worst Selling Website! Once you sell something you have to pay 3 bucks every month as a fee. So I tried closing my account but said there was a payment which was to pay the fee. So I waited 30 days and at the moment it exactly reached 30 days so I can close my account, it paid the freaking fee again! I can't close my account and I will lose 25 dollars every year. Freaking Ebay SUCKS! Now I have to close Paypal!!!!1"

"The worst website for buying or selling anything. They charge hidden fees for everything imaginable and kept charging me monthly fees during a period of time when I wasn't even using the site. It's ridiculous and I would advise not using ebay unless you want them to constantly charge you fees even if you don't use there services."

eBay User

"Ebay does whatever Ebay wants to do when you leave customer support in the hands some some ignorant non-English speaking, rude females! I have had a complaint twice, yet I cannot explain a thing when I am speaking to these idiot women Ebay hires who barely understand English PLUS have little knowledge to understand much of anything going on at Ebay! They can only understand ONE concept at a time and hardly that little bit of information! I felt like I was talking to a foreigner who was 3-years old! I won't do business with Ebay again, either with buying OR selling! "

"Good luck trying to figure out how to pay any fees you have from them, I am very smart with technology and spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to pay, and it was so confusing and misleading that I got frustrated and gave up. Then since I didn't pay in time they raised my $3 fee to $50 within 2 weeks! I would have called customer support but I didn't have the time and didn't think they we're going to give me such a small time period to pay. Plus they suspended my account making it impossible for me to pay. Pretty much they trick you into having to pay much more than you expect to. It's morally wrong and very disappointing. I will never return because I feel like I've been tricked. Bye eBay."

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!