Stores > eBay

Customer service: Rating 1.21/10 1.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
2017-01-11

Why only Paypal?

"I found good product, ready to buy, but eBay accept only PayPal payments, no credit cards, very disappointed."

2016-12-25

The shoes fit well

"Bought a pair of shoes for my girlfriend as Xmas gift. The package arrives in time and the size fits her well. She likes the glory shoes and was pleased.

2016-12-20

Chinese product for double price

"I bought Huawei smarthone. Delivery from China, takes extremely long. After checked AliExpress and found the same product for the half price. Very disappointed :-("

This review was modified by JacobWide on December 20 2016 10:17:20 AM

2016-12-20

Just got hosed by eBay

"Sold a guitar for $723 and eBay charged me 15%. And now PayPal is going to **** me on top of it. Nice fuckin' company. Go to Craigslist. "

This review was modified by ema510 on December 20 2016 09:37:37 AM

2016-12-17

Ebay sell fake products

"I bought on Ebay 'Genuine new Original Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter Charger A1344 MacBook Pro'. And I received fake charger broken after 3 months of use. Be careful, don't trust Ebay listings!"

2016-12-08

MP4 PLAYER FROM CHINA - GOOD SERVICE - LOUSY PRODUCT

"Purchased an MP4 Player through BEAUTY222009 for $A25.41 described in Ebay correspondence as a '32G MP4 MP3 VIDEO MUSIC PLAYER 1.8" LCD SLIM SCREEN FM RADIO MOVIE & GAMES 32G' (sic)
Product arrived promptly within quoted time frame but (typically) with very jumbled instructions in English. I was really only interested in the MP4 Player as I wanted to take some music on holidays with me but after a bit of experimentation I got the FM radio to work in a satisfactory manner.
However I have not been able to get the MP4 Player to work in a satisfactory manner. At one stage I got the Player to produce music but, after switching the machine off, I have not been able to get the music section to work again since then. Instead it comes up with a message 'Format Error'?
The manual received with the Player mentions both a website and CD ROM - neither of which were supplied with the machine so I asked BEAUTYZZ2009 for the web details in the hope it would make more sense than the supplied basic English Manual.
The seller answered promptly to say they had contacted their supplier and to contact them again if response not received in near future. After waiting some ten days, yesterday I sent a follow up message to the seller and, surprise, I received a response from both Ebay and the seller this morning.
The seller attached what appears to be a large manual - all written in Chinese?
Now I have met quite a few intelligent Chinese people in my 70+ years but, to the best of my knowledge, not one of them expected me to read Chinese characters.
I was going to contact Ebay but couldn't locate the required login code so I asked for a temporary one. I promptly received a phone response by Ebay - presumably delivered by a 'speeded up' machine that rattled off the code details far faster than I could write them down - despite my past years of experience in clerical duties where I often took notes of meetings, etc.
Possibly as intended, I have now written off the Chinese investment and purchased locally a Digitech Radio and MP3 player from Jaycar for $A30. Not only does the MP3 Player work as intended but the machine also includes a SW/MV/FM radio which works well.
The moral appears to be: 'BUYER BEWARE - AND CHECK YOUR LOCAL SUPPLIERS BEFORE SENDING YOUR MONEY OVERSEAS'.
At least the Jaycar store is only a couple of kilometers away from my home if I need assistance - and they don't supply their information to me in a foreign language.

This review was modified by Stung on December 09 2016 02:25:04 PM

2016-12-02

Ebay refuses to correct their error

"I sold a nylon motorcycle tank bag and shipped it Fedex through Ebay. It cost $10 to ship, as the item weighed 3 pounds in the box. I got my bill from Ebay a month later and was charged $95, it said the item weighed 71 pounds. I disputed through Ebay, who said they would resolve it with Fedex. After no response I disputed it through Fedex, who said they would resolve it from Ebay. I never received follow up from either company. I disputed this several times with both companies and got the run around each time. Several months later Ebay said it was Fedex's fault and still refused to refund the money they (Ebay) took out of my account. And conveniently Ebay can't even see the shipping quote now because it has expired from my account page. I was able to get my credit card company to reverse the charge and now Ebay is going to send it to collections. After selling on Ebay for 13 years I have made this company thousands of dollars, but they still refuse to make this right. I AM DONE WITH EBAY. "

This review was modified by hogdog485 on December 02 2016 06:57:40 AM

2016-12-01

Criminal Organisation created to incentivate and protect cybercrime

"I bought a genuine license key for a software on eBay. Once I receive it, I discovered that it wasn't genuine and it didn't work. I tried to contact the seller on eBay and he didn't reply then eBay suggested me to open a case.

I went to the seller feedback pages and I found many complaints from people who had the same issue. I decided to leave a negative feedback to the seller.

After a week, eBay sent me a message regarding my case and, as the seller didn't reply, I decided to escalate to eBay. eBay decided to not issue a refund and to delete my negative feedback. They have also deleted all the negative feedbacks related to that user. When I asked for explanation, they simply told me that the item was not covered by money back guarantee.

At the end of the day, they decided to cover and protect a criminal who is still selling illegal software on their website and to steal my money. I have reported eBay to the police, to the UK Trading Standards Authority and to Action Fraud.

Stay away from these criminals.

2016-11-22

LOVE THIS PLACE

"I have been buying off of eBay for years. I know I have bought thousands of items. I have had a few sellers that have sent defective items but every time eBay made the seller make it right by either refunding me or reshipping with no charge to me. I always send defective pictures to prove my case and never had a issue dealing with eBay it's self just the sellers. But over all eBay is an awesome place to frequently shop. I do believe the are more for the buyer than the seller. Also I always use PayPal because they help protect you and your money from scammers in websites like eBay. Scammers are everywhere and ever websites these days. "

This review was modified by Snsddp on November 22 2016 06:38:33 AM

2016-11-21

!*!*!*!*!*!*!*NO ONE USE THIS SITE!*!*!*!*!*! Everything about this company is a complete waste of time!!

"My boyfriend had a business selling electronic accessories (chargers, headphones, speakers) but started out with just chargers. Since he has moved on to larger priced items ebay has flagged him account and suspended his funds with a bullshit reasoning of "growth in sales" that was yesterday. Today he has recieved notice that he is never allowed selling items on this site again and he cannot touch his money in his paypal account (mind you the amount in his account was roughly $4,000) for 6 months... 6 MONTHS!! WHAT THE HELL!! And their excuse for that was he was some kind of "risk" to the company and website. He spent hours after the account was originally suspended talking to clueless customer support. This company deserves to be shut down from what ive heard it put people through. It screams a scam and i dont mean the kind that involves lonely men and women looking to seal from big companies. Im talking this big company continues to steal from the public and sellers that this website is based upon. In return they give you **** excuses that a 5 year old could come up with and tell you tough luck. If i could shut it down myself i would not hesitate. No one should have to go through being FUCKED OVER this much. The people who run this and criminals and the public deserves justice for probably millions of dollars they have stolen since it has been established. NO ONE USE THIS SITE!!!!"

This review was modified by Alyssamarie7 on November 21 2016 11:59:15 AM

2016-11-19

avoid mandellous1234gzaa on eBay

"this is a newbie who uses extremely deceptive photos and descriptions. When you open a case for a return/refund, eBay really stretchessssssssssssss the facts in favor of the seller.
Consider yourself warned.

This review was modified by spudley215 on November 19 2016 03:25:57 PM

2016-11-11

eBay just let the thieves get away

"I purchased an item which was wrong and contacted eBay Customer Support. After a while the seller Classic Auto Trim LLC in Pahrump NV said ok for a refund and I had to pay for the return shipping. USPS delivered the package to the seller's local post office in Pahrump, Nevada. I contacted the seller who now no longer responded to me. USPS could not deliver the package to the seller personally for some reason. So eBay closed the case because the package never was delivered to the seller's door. I can prove that the item was delivered by USPS to Classic Auto Trim's local Post Office, but even so eBay closed the case. I lost the item, I lost the money I paid for the item and I lost the money for the return shipping. As I live in Europe I don't want the item back because then I have to pay import charges once again."

This review was modified by T.DeWynn on November 11 2016 01:59:34 AM

2016-11-09

Pile of Old **** Socks!

"So not only was I scammed on selling a fucking labtop on eBay, now they have charged me $120 for not marking the item as sold?! SERIOUSLY! eBay is the WORST fucking company I have ever dealt with! Not to mention, PayPal was HACKED by the scam artist and they've done not a damn thing about it. Way to protect your customers you fat pile of fucking dumpster **** sauce! "

2016-11-05

Ebay Does Not Help You When You Need It

"I have been ripped off twice now trying to get return shipping costs back or refunds processed. I started a refund request 4 days ago on a defective item and no response from seller. I got ripped off from Budget AC supply in Davenport, FL in July after they promised to pay shipping costs to return a defective item (over $22.00) and then just basically told me tough luck. It is very hard to contact eBay.... No email address or website to submit. Last time for me. I'm sticking with Amazon in the future."

This review was modified by Bgban on November 05 2016 12:09:35 PM

2016-10-25

Sellers dont stand a chance- EBAY is SCAMMERS

"Ebay support told me if a buyer sends a rock back as long as they provide tracking, (the tracking they force a seller to upload when a scammer claims something is wrong) the seller is screwed.
I recently had a buyer buy a toilet seat riser, MANUFACTUR SPECS that it gives a 5 inch height raise. the buyer said that the measurement is only 4/2 which isn't even a measurement , LOL , and you already know ebay sided with a buyer. MANUFACTURE SPECS ,

F U EBAY
'

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!