• eBay

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.45/10 1.45/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.65/10 0.65/10

"eBay went downhill in a major way. I will not shop there anymore and cancel my profile after many years of "100%" satisfaction as a buyer and seller. The site lies about "guarantees" and "contact options" - the customer service department no longer exists! Sellers have become dishonest with impunity. Trying to contact eBay results only in an evil loop of unhelpful screens redirecting to pre-fab Q&A (nothing pertinent, of course,) without the option to contact anyone. Meanwhile, sellers take advantage of this anarchy and take money for broken or wrong parts - or no shipment at all, knowing the buyer has no support or recourse against them. I lost over $100. Don't make the same mistake!"

modified review This review was modified by bedelia123 on March 30 2015 06:00:34 PM

"It is very hard to contact Ebay's Customer Service,when I find it,there is only PHONE,no email no chat,I am a Chinese,my English is not good enough to make a call with Americans.
I have 7 times purchase on Ebay,someday i find that there is empty with my purchase history,I send a email to EBAY Hong Kong Customer Service,they said that is a BUG,ask me to Provide the item numbers?I did?
Up to now, already fourteen days passed, their technical department still did not solve this problem, I purchase history remain empty.It makes me very disappointed

"Just horrible. Customer services people make about three different transfers of phone calls until someone can actually help you. Waiting on the phone for three hours until i spoke to a supervisor who tells me i can not get my money back because my 10days expired. Just horrible experience."

modified review This review was modified by jlynnestarr on March 26 2015 12:37:33 PM

"worst fucking site on the planet!! I need to review and take a picture with my item to prove its me selling it! hahaaaaa what an absolute joke I could take a picture with anything and say it's me selling it!!!

The tech we have today and they ask me to do that haha!

Honestly you lot that make money from ebay I take my hat off to you as actually trying to deal with them in person is an absolute joke, this is not due to the call centre's being overseas (non English) its the fact that they have absolute no reply to anything I ask as question if we call from customer service we expect at least an answer or further information to help us out!

I have delt and sold lots with ebay in the past yet when I return after a few years (expecting changes like every company) yet we get treated as if we are convicts or refugees!

If anyone the average person to member of paliment would like to contact me on my personal opinions please do!

Rules were created years ago to keep the rich apart from the poor and middle class this keeps us guessing and in with what they say about our beliefs! Yes religion is a absolute con! like the lotto, if you're happy with dept and living below your means then carry on!!

I gave up in school and church! all a joke!! Ive been through career after career and earned ridiculous amounts of money and also lived the life on nothing whatsoever!

It just goes to show how brain washed our society is!

If you don't believe me then contact your hero and ask how they got there, 80% will tell the truth!

modified review This review was modified by kie25 on March 22 2015 11:35:24 AM

"The E-Bay scheme is a win-win for E-Bay and customers who shop there, but it's a high risk and potential nightmare for sellers who are not only fleeced through unreasonably high fees (with or without resulting sales), and frequent swindles from customers who just may decide to demand their money back for whatever "reason" they may give. Customers are not even required to return merchandise for which refunds are demanded. In other words, the seller loses in any dispute. Adding insult to injury is their "satisfaction rating system" which guarantees 100% (perfect) standing for buyers, while sellers can be slandered and defrauded. E-Bay is a hopeless nightmare for sellers. "

"in 7 years I needed one single time help against a fraud in China, and eBay let me down, they only want to suck your money but when it comes to protect you you'll se nothing !
I will close down my eBay account right away !

modified review This review was modified by felix19 on March 21 2015 05:20:08 PM

"Ebay stinks! I ordered shorts from littlecutie2011 (4 orders) they didnt arrive, notified them and usps. Seller said "oh well" Ebay wouldn't help at all said I waited too long to complain! Whats up with that, I thought I was giving sellers choice of delivery extra time. Its been 4 months. This is not the first problem. I am done with ebay!"

"SELLER SENT ME BROKEN ITEM.
EBAY SAYS RETURN THE ITEM.
I DO RETURN AND OF COURSE PAY EXTRA TO RETURN ITEM .
PROVIDE THE TRACKING DETAILS TO EBAY.
ITEM IS STILL ON TRANSIT AND EBAY CLOSES THE CASE SAYING I DIDNT PROVIDE TRACING DETAILS .
FUCK OFF EBAY !
NEVER AGAIN!

"Wow just had the worse case with ebay! First I don't get my product and i call in and make a claim not just 3 hours later I lose the case saying it has been delivered a while ago.... no it hasn't... call again and apeal my case when I found out the sellers sent them a fake tracking number!! Good job ebay! Does anyone even work there? And now all I get is my money back and no compensation for the 3 weeks I have been waiting... how about no! You guys are the worst in customer service. I really hope no one else gets fooled like I did!! From here on out I nor people I know will be using your service and trust me I will be postin this on Facebook and instagram so none of my friends of family get tricked!!"

modified review This review was modified by Aluppi04 on March 18 2015 01:50:33 PM

"eBay is the worst!! I have had an account for a month and a half and bought 10 items.. 100 percent positive feedback and always paid and one night I tried to sell a personal item and they suspended my account indefinitely! costumer service said I am a treat to the community with no reason why! They said I can never use eBay again and to find a different venue I've called customer service 4 times and one lady reinstated my account and said nothing was wrong then the next morning They suspended it again! They have given me no reasons or answers why and now the story keeps changing about why they did it. I've done nothing wrong and verified who I was over the phone. How am I threat to the community for selling an item for the first time!?????"

modified review This review was modified by Meganwnz01 on March 14 2015 01:26:18 PM

"Ebay is a Fraud, They returned my item to the seller after being undeliverable, and Refused to issue me a refund. Now thanks to them the seller has my rightfully owned property
Ofcourse I am only a buyer, a seller generates them more income with more transactions.

"we purchase two Official SteelSeries World of Warcraft Wireless MMO Gaming Mouse 62220 and we are very satisfied with the mice. They took no time at all to come. They are easy to use and we like them a lot. Thanks Nicole"

modified review This review was modified by nickie1501 on March 10 2015 07:11:41 PM

"I have had 2 accounts on Ebay since 2004. Last account for my Store was started 2009 till now. Ebay is a scam with high fee's and additional fee's that they take for listing, selling, shipping and payment fee's. Then when you need help you have to wait on the phone for over an hour and then call back 3 times to get it taken care of. They are not their to help small business people. Customers can leave whatever feedback they want and not pay for items and we can't do anything about it. Ebay is a company that no one should sell on. I have been top rated and have great feedback but they still don't care. I will be done with my store the end of the month. I am on the phone now for the past hour with Ebay again, now disconnected. Here goes another hour of calling back. STAY AWAY FROM EBAY....."

"TO ANYONE THINKING OF SELLING ON EBAY DO NOT DO IT. THEY RIP YOU OFF AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE. THIS IS MY ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME, AND BECAUSE I (MY VOICE TEXT) MISSPELLED A WORD, YES I DID JUST SAY BECAUSE I MISSPELLED A WORD, EBAY SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT FOR 30 DAYS. NOW WHEN I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND EXPLAIN TO THE REP, THIS WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE, I WAS USING MY VOICE TEXT, THE REP COULD NOT EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH, MUCH LESS SPELL ENGLISH CORRECTLY. IF EBAY IS SUSPENDED HARD WORKING HONEST PEOPLE BECAUSE OF SUCH A SIMPLY MISTAKE THEN THEY NEED TO SUSPEND THE REPS WHO CAN'T SPEAK CLEAR ENGLISH TO ME WHEN I CALL ABOUT A PROBLEM.
NEVER NOT 1 TIME IN THE PAST YEAR ON SELLING ON EBAY HAVE I EVER HAD THE PROBLEM SOLVED. BY THE END OF THE CONVERSATION, MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS SO HIGH, AND I AM PISSED FOR THE REMAINING OF THE DAY BECAUSE OF THE STUPIDITY I AM BEING TOLD ON THE OTHER END. EBAY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THE WAY THEY TREAT AND RIP OFF SELLERS. I SOLD SOMETHING FOR $199 AND YOU TAKE $62 OF IT, THEN PAYPAL TAKE ANOTHER "FINAL" FEE. THIS IS REAL FOLKS. UNREAL. SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU EBAY, I AM ASHAMED I WAS EVER A EBAY SELLER. EBAY SUCKS

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!