Product & services pricing Rating 2.21/10 2.21/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.60/10 1.60/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.52/10 1.52/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.90/10 0.90/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10

"Good luck trying to figure out how to pay any fees you have from them, I am very smart with technology and spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to pay, and it was so confusing and misleading that I got frustrated and gave up. Then since I didn't pay in time they raised my $3 fee to $50 within 2 weeks! I would have called customer support but I didn't have the time and didn't think they we're going to give me such a small time period to pay. Plus they suspended my account making it impossible for me to pay. Pretty much they trick you into having to pay much more than you expect to. It's morally wrong and very disappointing. I will never return because I feel like I've been tricked. Bye eBay."

"Look first in Amazon
I ordered a product from Ebay was received it from amazon. I should have never accepted the item as it came from Amazon and I hadn't ordered anything from Amazon.The receipt said I had received the product as a gift. When I called ebay to report it, the only thing they were interested was if the item was in good condition and confirmed that it is ok if sellers buy the product cheap from Amazon, charge more for it and then send it as a gift.

So my recommendation is: look first in Amazon!! Most probably they will have the same item but it will be cheaper.

modified review This review was modified by mjbataller on August 19 2014 11:47:38 AM

"DO NOT buy from Seller "qycharge". He did not send the item purchased (ladies blouse) and did not give me a refund. He emailed me apologizing and begging not to write a negative review until I was no longer able to write a review because of time restraints. Terrible seller, DO NOT TRUST!! Ebay also did not help me with the situation because it was apparently too late, and they said they cannot monitor all of their sellers. "

modified review This review was modified by Staceyic on August 19 2014 08:11:14 AM

"Ebay has the worst customer recognition program ever, I was able to qualify twice for buying and selling on their website a coupon for $10 each transaction, so total $20, and what do you know after earning it I wanted to wait to use it to buy a new phone and was waiting for my phone to come out, my coupon expired, no knowing that the coupon for $20 I had earned had an expiration date on it!

I called to ask if they would be so kind to do a gesture and they refused! Had I known I would have sold my stuff on Craiglist or elsewhere!

The customer service representative Supervisor Susan did not assist me in any way and all she did was to ask me how can they better their coupons reward so that it won't happen again!!?!

I felt really cheated and upset and did told her but again it did not matter!

I will never buy or sell on their website no more, I will boycott and share my experience with everyone around me.

modified review This review was modified by jasswell on August 18 2014 07:16:51 PM

"Ebay sucks. I recently ordered 2 tires from a seller. Only 1 tire arrived, and it was patched. I refused the shipment. Now ebay is telling me that I am out $150 and the tires because the shipment was refused. What a scam. So to recap, no money and no merchandise and eBay tells me to pound salt.

modified review This review was modified by KirkRettger on August 16 2014 07:28:19 AM

"I feel stupid because I did not research the claim process long enough before buying with Ebay.

I bought a new soldering iron from South Korea and it worked for only two minutes and it blew up. Ebay is full of cheap from China stuff that don’t last.

Ebay offer no warranty against manufacture defect and no customer support. Don't buy anything that required electricity or is complex.

I opened a claims. Because I did not have a Paypal account at the time of the transaction I could not see the status of my claims on their resolution internet page. I have to do everything by phone and email with Paypal. Paypal send me an email demanding that I take some action with an internet link and no phone number or email address for support. Paypal does not want to talk to you and hear from you.

Be aware that if you buy as a guest and you have the make a claim against the seller, you are pretty much alone. Don't use buy as guest.

Eventually I found an email address to contact PayPal. I send to PayPal a copy of the email that I exchange with my Asian seller where he says that he will send me a new item because the one I have is defective. PayPal send me back a reply saying I have to send back the item and its original box and its in original condition. Obviously the item is not its original condition because I used it, this is how I know its defective. Then I call PayPal and explain to them that the seller has lied to me and I ask them if they read the email exchange between seller and buyer. PayPal told me that they don’t read the email exchange and they find it sad that seller lies but there is nothing they can do about seller not cooperating. Basically they don’t care if the seller lies. I ask to her, what happen if I ship the good and the seller says he have not received it. Read horror stories about people return good to China for a refund.

PayPal have very big security issues. PayPal want me to return the defective item to Korea. The only problem is that the returning address provide by PayPal did not have a postal code, and does not have the seller name. PayPal gives me a false return address. I am going to demand a credit card changer back. My case against Paypal will be easy to make because, first I have the email exchange that proves that the seller lied and second, the return postal address is incorrect. PayPal does not run any security check on their Asian seller. PayPal don’t check if is the postal code of Asian seller is accurate. Don't use PayPal and Ebay because they have big security problems There is no buyer protection on Ebay.

Google credit card charge back and kept email exchange with seller and PalPay. Raise a credit charge back right away. Paypal hate credit charge back because it is extra processing and because it given them a bad reputation with the credit card company. If your claims is valid and you can make valid argument go with the credit card charge back. Credit charge back will probably kill PalPay. Before demanding a credit card charge back, make sure that you close your PayPal account (if you have one) because PayPal will take money directly from you bank account to cover for the cost of credit card charge back.

My conclusion is that eBay has lost a lot of customer and seller because of bad practice. Now they have decide to scam people using Chinese seller. First they export all the job to China, now they are using the Chinese to scam us. So the buyer protection is really rigid and is made to protect Asia seller. This is why they remove negative feedback and they are closing US account. Nobody is going to sue a Chinese seller. Ebay is now a scam organization using Chinese seller. I think that there is no buyer protection program or seller protection program, except for big Chinese warehouse selling Chinese crap to defraud people. When you business model is based on fraud, it means that you are dying. If I were a seller or buyer, I will stop using Ebay at all, except for Chinese seller.

Shipping back defective item should be the responsibility of the seller. This way, it forces the seller to sell quality products (not cheap junk) and reduce the number of scammers.The return policy is designed so that you pay the shipping fee. Paying return shipping feed for a none expensive item don’t make sense. This is where eBay and the seller make money. By selling cheap china junk that don’t last and demanding that you pay shipping fees for the return of a defective item.

modified review This review was modified by shoplocally on August 10 2014 09:53:01 AM

"I've been a seller on eBay for 10 years and today hit a new low when eBay Merchant Support (MSO) stated we had little or no empathy for our customers who suffered from bad eBay catalog data. We put customer satisfaction above all else including profits and we have reported well over 400 or 500 ePid issues since starting them in December. We have reported each of these eBay catalog errors and 8 months later eBay has only changed 2 of the errors to our knowledge. So we had 2 more errors with eBay catalog information and got this when we asked MSO for help after we had already offered each customer a full refund and even offered to send a return label by mail to ease the burden of inconvenience to return the item.....

Unfortunately, we are not able to remove either of the Feedback. Regrettably, there wasn't much empathy provided to either buyer and apparently it made enough of a difference that they decided to leave comments about how they felt about the service they received.

Going forward, we encourage you to provide empathy and focus on resolving the issue/concern of the buyer instead of attempting to deflect fault for the issue by bringing up ePID information. I think you would agree that neither of these 2 buyers seemed to care or give much weight to the info you provided multiple times that eBay provided listing information. When situations like this come up, our experience tells us that it boils down to the buyers not caring about what caused the problem (listing information being incorrect or wrong part being shipped) - they care about getting the issue resolved as quickly and effortlessly for them as possible.

You are definitely welcome to contact the buyers again and try to work with them to resolve their concerns. If you are able to address/resolve their concerns, afterwards you may ask them if they would be willing to revise their Feedback.

I know this isn't the decision you were wanting to receive. I hope the information and recommendations are helpful.

Kind regards,

Bay Merchant Support
[THREAD ID: 1-32078764440]

eBay has completely lost its focus on what matters and what it takes to truly satisfy its customers. I built a business and have had a good life thanks to eBay but that eBay is gone and the new eBay does not give an ounce of care to customer satisfaction and that is clear. They do not care about fixing there data issues nor about making it right to customers when errors occur which they can prevent. It truly is a shame.

"I ordered a battery from the seller surplusamps which was listed as new factory seconds. It arrived and was useless. it was destroyed inside. I left negative feedback and contacted the seller and got a £50 partial refund. I checked again and my negative feedback disappeared! Customer service couldn't tell me why the feedback vanished! There was no swearing in it. I contacted customer service live chat and the guy there called alvin cut me off as I was typing! "

"Buyer hasn't paid, and they won't let me do an unpaid item case. Now I've paid a fee for a supposedly free promotion and have profited off of nothing!"

"I love eBay for Rainbow Brite collectibles. I also use it to sell books, especially textbooks. eBay makes it easy to communicate with other users and has great policies to keep users protected."

"Pathetic site...nonsense..never help to exchange or return things.... they say something and send something.... smartly write everything good good and send worst they have.... just "PATHETIC" site with Worst services ever and ever.
don't buy anything from seller cellular411....they give worst of worst things.

modified review This review was modified by sulekhamalik06 on July 23 2014 09:40:55 PM

"Stay away from eBay!!!! I have now boycotted them as a loyal buyer for over 10 years and a seller for 5 years. The are not what they started out to be a place for the little guy to make a buck cleaning out the closet or start a small business As a seller and a buyer it is not worth the frustration. The communication is non existent. They had down decisions with no reason like they are judge, jury and executioner. And on top of that they are nickel and diming sellers eating away at any profit you might have. Their preference is definitely for the corporate stores selling on there site. I have now moved to Amazon and eBid."

modified review This review was modified by atyourservice on July 19 2014 06:00:14 PM

"After buying and selling on eBay for 15 years involving 60 transactions with 100% positive feedback I'm told that I have been put into a "Funds Availability" program. This is a program that allows eBay to hold ones money for weeks at a time. That translates to 100's of millions of dollars being held in eBay's coffers while eBay makes money on the results it's customers transactions! Conservatively speaking if eBay's customers generate 300 mil in transactions a week @ 1% interest would add $156 Million free and clear dollars generated by it's customers to eBay's coffers. Adding to the scam is the lack of customer service and severe limitations displayed by anyone answering the telephone on eBay's behalf is meant to frustrate it's customer so that you give up. In the meanwhile they stand by smiling as their net worth skyrockets! I use to really enjoy buying and selling on eBay but it's unscrupulous campaign to line it's pockets with loyal customers money has caused me to look elsewhere for honest sites with moral backbones. How sad. "

modified review This review was modified by g8kepr9 on July 16 2014 05:45:19 PM

"eBay sucks. Nuff said. eBay sucks. Nuff said"

modified review This review was modified by amansreview on August 21 2014 03:00:25 PM

"I have ordered a item and it is delayed by 10 days. There is no action taken or either processed for the same item. Major competitors are very good in delivering items sending the information and tracking system. Indian retail market giant Flipkart, Myntra , Amazon are providing the better service.

This worst service i have seen in my entire online shopping in terms of sending information, tracking the item, customer support whatever it is, there are no words for naming it.

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!