Product & services pricing Rating 2.69/10 2.69/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.10/10 2.10/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.81/10 0.81/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.90/10 0.90/10

"Thanks to ebay I can purchase items that do not sell in my country. It has a buyer protection system which gives me confidence for the return of my money. Iam buyer since 3 years"

"Worst place ever. 2 weeks after a customer got a phone they decided "it wasn't new". I told eBay they are avoiding the restocking fee. They told me that they are going to ask the customer for pictures. I told them that the customer could drop the phone 10 times and take a hammer to it at this point as we have VIDEO AND PICTURES that the item was not shipped in that condition and the package arrived SEALED. eBay told me: "That's speculation."

This is not the first time this has happened. I have asked a rep "what if a customer sends me back a rock? Will you cover them?"

Their response "thats the cost of doing business... plus its your word vs. theirs"

You try to be Amazon but are failing completely.

modified review This review was modified by shalz on January 23 2015 02:49:37 PM

"i've purchased items on ebay&am completely satisfied so far. it was my first purchase on line&was easy to understand&use."

modified review This review was modified by gyro44 on January 23 2015 05:54:03 AM

"Do not understand why so poor rating. Ebay is huge online market with lots of (mostly from China) sellers.

I had problems with goods purchased via ebay, but ALWAYS ebay helped me to solve issue, no no problems at all. For me its experience is A+

"I have been a seller on eBay for a number of years and I have finally had enough with all the fee's and changes to the seller agreements that they hide away in the fine print. Over the holidays is suppose to be the best time of year for sellers, that is until they invoice you with all the new changes that went into effect. They actually invoiced me for more in fees for the month than I even sold in merchandise on the site. Enough is enough time for me to close the doors on this eBay store. Until they can get their act together enough to realize over charging the sellers for everything is just costing them business it isn't worth small US sellers time or effort. "

modified review This review was modified by RickBu on January 20 2015 03:08:11 PM

"Now for those who are rating Ebay as a "0.6" you do realize its a store based on real world sellers right? Most of the time its actually individuals who are just trying to make profit selling merchandise they make or what they dont want anymore and want to retail. Understand that Ebay itself is just a place where people gather to do these kinds of things. Rest assured I know of the horrors of shopping in Ebay. Yes, Ive been there and cheated out of my money, and yes I have also tried cheating others of their money. I have seen and experience both sides and know they very well. However, its up to the person if they want to buy from this store. Some of the sellers in Ebay are actually great retailers or small buisness owners themselves and they sell very high quality if not decent quality products. You just have to read reviews of the seller before buying from them. Like I stated before Ebay is a place for people to get together on the same grounds and come to an agreement on something, Much like a court case. You just have to look at the facts"

modified review This review was modified by garciaivan845 on January 16 2015 05:10:21 PM

vrm's Avatar
vrm

"Buyer mr.mafiaosno bought my new portable hard drive. Shortly after receiving it, he left a negative feedback for me. I contacted him and he demanded 50% refund. I asked for the pictures, but he refused stating that he's leaving for Germany for 1 year. After he open Buyer Protection case and ships back to me an empty box. Shipping label - provided by eBay - shows 20 lb weight for the item that was shipped originally with 13 oz weight. I reported this buyer to eBay and crookBay refunded him entire amount of my money plus charged me a return shipping. My appeal didn't change anything. Now I also reported this buyer as having use this racket scheme 58 times - from his Left for Other feedback. Again - no action from eBay. eBay is a monopoly and is operates in violation with United States antitrust law that prohibit the creation of a monopoly and the abuse of monopoly power.? "

"eBay is the worst place to sell. They charge a high fee but don't take any responsibility to help the seller. "

"Using eBay is a HUGE mistake. I used them first almost a decade ago, and maybe they were fine there, but e-commerce has moved on and you're taking an ENORMOUS risk by working with eBay sellers. I won't recount my horrible experiences here, just want to make sure my negative voice is heard in the hopes it will save someone out there some grief."

modified review This review was modified by jvoight34 on January 14 2015 05:24:52 AM

"Overall Ebay is a scam they want it to look like it is for the everyday buyer and seller both small and large. However eBay picks and chooses by the bigger account or where they potentially stand to make more future profit there is no fairness with them. For example i have been with ebay 15 years i have a 99.94% Feedback and i have gone out of my way to make sure my buyers were very satisfied even if it ment losing money however there are some buyers that prey on ebay sellers trying to extort them in 15 years we had 2 negative feedback one which was revised as buyer claimed a friend wrote it messing around the other bought an item sent a request saying they bought it by mistake and wanted a refund so we said even though auction was "as is" we would take it back the buyer then said he didn't want to return it he just wanted his money back so he opens case ebay sides with us then he leaves negative feedback and ebay restricts our 15 year old account and this buyer signed up that day and after he did that never used his account again.
Then BUYERS BEWARE OF EBAYS SHIPPING SCAM. I just as most business sellers buy shipping directly from however DO NOT i repeat do not trust EBAY SHIPPING DATES to keep customers away from Amazon eBay manipulates shipping dates for example during the holidays USPS had a notice that all FIrst Class Shipping Parcels would take 7-10 days , we noted this on all of our auctions to assist our buyers in getting orders in time however eBay would give you a 48-96 hour delivery time frame on the Friday before Christmas for first class. So many customers glance and do not read auction then were disappointed that shipping took longer than expected , we even went out of our way to drop off twice a day during the holiday season its not the buyers fault its ebays as even if you goto USPS on a normal Friday and check shipping dates via a usps 1st class parcel it would be longer then the following Tuesday, O then when a request comes in asking why didn't it show up overnight (when they buy a $5 item with free shipping) ebay blames the seller and when you contact customer service they say " its your choice to use ebay shipping if we have incorrect dates maybe you should use a more expensive service " so it boils down to them making a bigger percentage or them defrauding the buyer to keep them away from amazon

"(id give this no stars if i could) As a buyer and seller i wouldnt go near ebay ever again. There fees are to high they side with buyer every time even if you have 100% feedback with over 1300 positive feedback.
Bought a car from ebay found out after i sent it to a garage it needed £1300 worth of work to get it road legal when i bought it the buyer put 12 months mot on the car? Ebay did nothing to help me said its my problem ended up going to trading standards, Total joke of a company if your a buyer or seller ebay get your money and could not give a toss what happens after that. They seem to think they are the law and have the rights to make decisions on who wins a case when they never ask buyer or seller a question they ask for no proof of anything. Judge Judy would be happy to have cases like that im sure but its not how the system works ebay people will see you as what you are soon enough and go else where. Not to mention the amount of money you take out of the country and the pennies you put back in. Never again.

modified review This review was modified by danjohn on January 06 2015 02:02:04 PM

"When I bought a buy it now item the seller sent invoice for it and postage, while I was making payment he then sent another invoice for vat, this was never shown on his listing but he later changed it to include vat, he then sends secondhand part instead of new, eBay customer services advised me he had broken the vat rules, I left negative feedback which he appealed and eBay removed without even contacting me as it didn't meet their guidelines for leaving negative. This shows that you don't know who you are dealing with as this seller keeps his 100% positive feedback and no one knows of his breach of the rules. For this reason I shall never trust eBay again and just deal directly with sellers who take credit card as that is safer."

modified review This review was modified by tomb2747 on January 04 2015 07:02:19 AM

"I have to say that in my six months of using eBay so far, it hasn't been all terrible. I mostly use eBay to buy cheaper cosplay costumes for my sister. Ultimately, it is up to both parties, the buyer and seller, to be trustworthy during the transaction. I have sold one item on eBay, so I don't think my feedback on that would be too good. It was a good transaction. I had some things that were brand new that I never used and I got a little bit of money from it. It's an easy process, but I hear that if you sell many things, it can actually cost you quite a bit of money, and so I don't think I will risk selling other products on this site. As for buying, you often get what you pay for. I say often because the prices are set up by the sellers, so it's subjective to what the seller deems the value is. A great tip for buyers is to only buy from sellers who have 95% or higher ratings, just so their is less risk. Read everything. The fine print really does matter. "

"SELLER BEWARE. EBAY REFUND BUYERS WHEN BRAND NEW ITEM WITH TAG SENT, BUYER REMOVES TAG (TO WEAR IT) GLUES TAG BACK ON AND RETURNS TO SELLER BECAUSE THEY HAVE CHANGED THEIR MIND FOR 100% REFUND GIVEN BY EBAY. THIS OPENS UP A MINEFIELD FOR BUYERS TO PURCHASE NEW STUFF WITH THE POSTAGE OFFERED FREE BY SELLERS, SO BUYER CAN REMOVE TAG, WEAR IT AND THEN RETURN IT ALL IN ORDER FOR EBAY TO UNFAIRLY GRANT THEM 100% REFUND. NOTHING I HAD TO SAY AS A SELLER WAS TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT. DREADFUL ASSESSMENT BY EBAY AND UNFAIR TO SELLERS. THIS LEAVES THE SELLER WITH AN ITEM THAT IS POTENTIALLY SECOND HAND AND DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME RESALE VALUE. CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS PROPERLY NOR FAIRLY."

modified review This review was modified by HALFPENNY505 on January 03 2015 12:49:58 AM

"Ebay is horrible if you don't sell enough you get punished by having restrictions and they will lower your selling limit. Horrible way to treat sellers can't even close my account because I didn't sell enough haha good bye ebay I won't buy or sell anything and leave this exact comment all over the internet to discourage anyone wanting to sell on ebay. "

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!