• Address: H652 RM B 14/F WAH HEN COM CTR 383 HENNESSY RD WANCHAI HONF KONG
    • Customer Support: 16464700186
    • Business Hours: 09:00 AM to 23:00 PM
    • Fax: 16464700186

Product & services pricing Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"I have a very bad experience buying a dress from dress-market. The dress received was completely different to the image on their website. I pay $180 for the dress plus $25 shipping fees. At this price you would expect the dress to be beautiful and decent. Instead it look dull and made me look very short and fat with no figure. I am a size 8 with decent figure. If the dress was nicely cut it should should at least look decent.
I took it to my local tailor and was told the dress was poorly made and to fix it to how it shoul be, it will cost me over half the price I paid for the dress. To make things worse when I went back you dress market they offered me 5% refund.
After a dozen emails, the customer service was very rude and offere 20% refund. After I did not accept the offer another customer service respond to my email and offer me 5% percent refund. This process repeats 2 or 3 times. It is frustrating dealing to them. Today I got a respond offering me 25% maximum after 37 emails back and forth. This is not acceptable.
I just want to let everyone know, this is not a good site to buy a dress. The company does not care if you were happy with your dress or not and does not take responsibility for their action.
Please don't make the mistake that I did by ordering a dress from this site.

modified review This review was modified by Mchhean on July 28 2014 02:32:19 PM

"HIGHLY DISSATISFIED!!!!! Bought for my little sisters prom but was not the dress we ordered. She was so upset she doesn't even want to go to prom anymore. Now we have to try to find her a last minute dress which is going to be virtually impossible. I truly can't believe this. Customer service has been very unresponsive so now I have to dispute it with my bank. Such a hassle. DON'T ORDER FROM THIS PLACE!!!!! A COMPLETE SCAM!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Lyn8924 on May 07 2014 04:10:44 PM

"Customer Service ?? Huh !
Customer service means they try to help you.
Not this company.
I bought an outfit for my daughters wedding.
Beautiful in picture. Metallic jacquard was the description.
Outfit turns up glossy, satin, taffeta type fabric ???
Dress fitted like a glove but the jacket was way too tight.
Arm hole measurement were pretty close on the outside , But inside with double seams you end up losing over half an inch on each opening. You can't put a 19 inch arm in an 18 1/2. inch opening. They say to send your BODY measurement. NOT the measurement you want the outfit.
On complaint I got no reply most of the time.
One email I just said" I need to speak to you"
Reply "what about"
Then nothing.
Avoid Avoid AVOID AVOID

modified review This review was modified by lynben55 on March 17 2014 04:06:58 PM

"WARNING WARNING WARNING - To all potential buyers of DressMarket and Fairyin.DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. These companies are one and the same with different websites and are a complete sham. We bought a dress back in August. On arrival the dress had beads falling off (Bateau Beading Floor length gown)and looked quite different in the picture. I contacted them immediately asking for a return address for a refund. They asked for pictures which we sent. We continually asked for the return address but would receive replies like this "I have discussed with our manager. $15 is the largest concession we can make.... 5%, $10, 10%, etc" They even expected us to take it to someone to be fixed. You will get 'Live-Help Sherry' who will promptly go offline when you ask about their dishonesty. We eventually got our money back through our bank. Just make sure you have all your records and do not accept their insane offers. PURSUE THEM THROUGH YOUR BANKS AND CONTINUE TILL YOU GET A FULL REFUND."

modified review This review was modified by stats on December 02 2013 12:36:22 AM

"This is a terrible company- DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

i paid extra for my dress to arrive by a certain date however it did not, it was too small and looked nothing like the picture. After contacting them for a refudn they ignored my emails and refused a defend. Terrible experience!

modified review This review was modified by Beth9999 on November 05 2013 08:22:25 PM

"DO NOT DO NOT purchase anything from this company. I ordered a dress and had specific requests for a minor adjustment & after numerous emails from the company to clarify my requests I was assured my dress could be made as requested.
Once the dress was received it was nothing like my specifications & was 3 inches too small.
I took the dress to a local dress maker & she advised me the dress didn't have enough material to let out to fit. The aline was longer on one side and is of very poor quality.
I contacted dress market who then requested I take pictures of the dress, which I did & emailed straight away.
Regardless of their return policy that states if the dress is more than an inch to small they will refund you & contact you with a return policy form is all lies. I am still waiting for a response. They will not respond to any of my emails.
I will be contacting the international authorities to report this company & will write a negative review on every website I can find in relation to this company.
DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!!!

"Be warned this site was once a legitimate dress company, but is now a fake phishing site. I just lost $340 and over a month of my life chasing them up, with limited and then no reply.
They are listed on the Honk Kong consumer council as a fraudulent business.

modified review This review was modified by Rochelle84 on September 10 2013 03:14:34 AM

"DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY. I purchased a mother of the bride dress with elegant 3/4 sleeves in brown, the display colour of the dress was brown, however the website had colour shown sage. Not knowing what sage was I thought I had purchased the dress shown in the picture. I received a apple green dress, with short puffed sleeves with low quality workmanship and poor grade lace. Even though custom made it was too big and too long. I qualified for the a refund from the Refund Policy, however customer care the only way you can contact is by email, will not give me a Product Return form. The website after my complaint has now been updated to show dress colour shown brown which proves they made an advertising error. They started to talk about compensation, however kept changing their offer, they also over charged and withdrew more funds from my credit card then the invoice price even with conversation rates. THEY NOW REFUSE TO REPLY TO ME.
BUYER BE WARE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY. I am faced with a $100 AUD bill to have the dress altered to make it wearable as it is hideous, my 24 year old daughter said you can wear it as the fairy godmother dress to a fancy dress, this is how awful the dress is. I then have to have the dress dyed as it is bright apple green, very far from the beautiful dress depicted in the photograph on the website. Have been treated with no respect and contempt by the customer care, they will not pass on my complaint to Management either.
Save your money and save the heart ache and stress, buy locally as least you have consumer rights.

"I rarely shop online however, recently, I shopped online for an evening dress to wear to a wedding in early September, 2012. I was very clear and specific regarding my order, which was later accompanied by several email correspondences to ensure that my order was understood and could get to me in the requested time frame. I received some recommendations from the designer and was assured that all would be well. The only thing that went well was my receiving the dress, a week or so, prior to the deadline. Although, I appreciated the obvious rush they placed on the item, if I knew it would have resulted in so many errors, I would not have finalized my order. The measurement was off in some places by an 1/2 inch, which is not so bad a fix. Likewise, the length of the dress was way off; made to my height than hollow to floor. Furthermore, the waist of the dress was other than they told me it would be. I was expecting beading and got sequins, which kept falling off each time I handled the dress.

Why did I handle the dress so many times? To comply with their numerous request for pictures. I have sent this company several pictures and to date, they are not satisfied. I have even paid to have the dress professionally measured and that did not work. The unfortunate reality is this company does not intend to make right on their mistakes. This baffles me, for it is not as if they are offering very much on their return policy, which I think is ridiculous. Honestly, my mistake was in not reading the return policy. For, if I had read such a policy, I would never have placed an order with the company in the first place. I think their request for pictures is a stalling tactics and a way to avoid responsibility for their mistakes.

I don't know if the reviews I saw that says 5/5 are genuine, for I will tell you, the dress are nothing like they look online. This does not mean that they are not wearable and have a certain elegance. Just know, you get what you pay for, a cheaper quality product.

I have learned a valuable lesson and one that leaves me skeptical of online shopping. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN! It is clear they do not value their customers. I can't make decision for others but I can share my experience in hopes that it helps in your decision making. I would advice you to beware. Never-the-less, if you choose to work with this company, I hope your order is correct. For, if it is not, good luck getting your multiple picture submissions and getting the problem rectified, especially, if it requires a refund of some kind. I have yet to receive an offer from the company. It is also important to note that while you may purchase the evening gowns/wedding dress/prom dresses at very low prices, many seamstress will charge a high cost,sometimes more than the initial cost of the dress to alter them, for they are all considered formal wear. Your initial price for the clothing is not a factor.

"I ordered the red one and received it last week.It is so gorgeous and I love it so much.Very good quality and very feminine!"

"Enjoyed my shopping experience online. Nice selections. The customer service in store is very helpful and extremely pleasant. "

modified review This review was modified by ZOE.FOCH on July 31 2012 11:19:48 PM

"It is a stunning dress.I bought it 3 weeks ago and received it yesterday.I have to say,it is really pretty.I like it very much.But that will be better if the shipping is faster."

"Great Quality as pic. Delay in shipping for some reason but wouldn't put me off ordering from this site in the future.Quality is excellent not a thread out of place, will need altering but only because I don't want train at the back. I love it."

"Where do I start. I wish I would of read these review before hand. I purchased a very simple A line/tea length black dress that was suppose to have a "daffodil" which was yellow and I made sure to look over the color chart multiple times at each different fabric in that color to make sure that I ordered the proper color. I was surprised at how quickly it was made and shipped out and it happened to be delivered while I was out of town. Once I returned home and was able to get a good look at the dress I became very disappointed. The color of the sash was clearly not "daffodil" or yellow by any means. It looked more like a champagne/tan or a gold. I email them right away and they asked for pictures. I had taken two pictures. One in un natural lighting and one from natural light just to show how different it was under each light in case they tried to tell me under there lighting it was the proper color. Each time I had gotten a response from them it was a different person writing me. They decided that it was the correct color and will not refund nor exchange the item. So now I am stuck with a dress that is not correct at all for a wedding that's color's are black and yellow. I can not believe how terrible a companies customer service is and I hope that anyone in the future read reviews before buying online!!! I know I've learned my lesson the hard way and am not trying to sell the not right dress I have in hopes to buy a different one some where else to replace it! If all else fails I will be stuck buying the correct color fabric and trying to make it work.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further more I want to add that each time I had received an email back it was from a different person. I did not talk to the same person more than once. How can you have a new person dealing with a problem each time! I just keep kicking myself for buying something over sea's!

modified review This review was modified by unhappycustomer234 on July 17 2012 11:16:28 AM

"I have never been one to complain, but this is one of the worst companies I have ever worked with. My friend had us order bridesmaid dresses from here for her wedding. The dresses online were black with a hot pink sash. One of them came back black with a light pink sash and the other came navy blue with a hot pink sash. Also one of the sashes came with the dress but was not sewn in. On my dress the hook in the back was missing, so I could not hook the dress at the top and the zipper would go down. I have been talking to them about the problem and they told me to buy a new hook and sew it in. I paid about $100 for the dress and they are telling me to fix their mistakes. On the sash that wasn't sewn in all they told me was that the dress was still beautiful and I could pin it to the dress. It says they will return if it is their fault but now are battling with me to keep $200 worth of dresses that we are not going to wear."

dress-market.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

dress-market.com is not a merchant member
dress-market.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!