Directron.comCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.44/10 3.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"I will not be ordering from these guys again. I placed an order for a single item just under $100 in value. I get an e-mail a three days after I've submitted my order stating that they need additional verification in order to process further

The additional verification required me to fill out a PDF form with my credit card information and to e-mail it back to them. I was very hesitant to provide this information in such an unsecured fashion as I have no idea where this document will be saved to, and who may have access to it. I call them up and they state they require these for large orders, the representative then notices the amount is for less than $100.

Turns out the reason they're requiring this is because I've asked for a different ship address than my billing address. They were trying to verify the address of my office's name where I was shipping it to by looking at Google Maps, but I work in a corporate office in NYC and typically you don't see corporate companies names advertised on the outside. They agreed to process my order if I were to sign for it upon receipt. What century is it?

"I recently purchased a 2nd motherboard from Directron. The first came from another retailer who dominates the computer parts market. The MB was damaged and I returned it. They refused to deal with my problem. That's a broken egg in my book. So I tried Directron. I've purchased a few things from them in the past and a recent email offered 10% on this particular MB. It arrived in 4 business days and my system is up and running. So far so good. I realize that this company is a small fish online but they seem to be offering some decent and competitive deals lately. No sales tax either! That's worth money right there. "

"people there list items as in stock while they are not!
Placed an order for asus gtx 970 card using amazon payment,usualy you are charged after the item is shipped,those people charged a few minutes after placing my order as per my credit card and amazon payments email,it was late Friday,so I thought ok give the guy a chance and see what happens on Monday,I emailed them and they replied that my item is scheduled to be shipped today(Monday).
today they emailed my that the item is out of stock,and that I have the choice to wait or cancel my order!
why do you charge people for items that you didn't ship,items that you don't have them in stock in the first place?
the refund will take long time before it shows in my credit balance,I can't use my money and have to wait until my balance is restored because some people lacked the honesty.
unfortunately there is no lower rating that can give such store.

"A clear indication of what you are getting yourself into should be by the way this site appears. It mislabels items that are out of stock as being in stock and vice versa. The search / filter function is of little to no help. Next up you have the "deals" they list on the front page. No where did it say that these promotions do not stack and so when I placed my order I was expecting to get an email the next day with shipping information. Instead what I saw was a note asking for me to call them back - asking to "release" my credit card information because their archaic website can not process credit cards. They took this time to inform me that the promotions I used were invalid and used classic bait-and-switch tactics to get me to pay extra for my item. As I was about to propose a solution I was hung up on and an email was sent confirming the order cancellation."

"just bought the phantom 240 and it came fast the price was great over all quality was amazing thank you direct.com!!!!!"

"Pros: Very fast shipping A+ ; Great prices! A+
Cons: non-existent customer service F ; Awful phone system: D ;

Would I order from them again? Yes, but I'd have to make sure I didn't need any assistance from Customer Service as there isn't any.

modified review This review was modified by mrnovell2 on October 17 2014 09:12:20 AM

"This store is far beyond the tech stores you might want to deal with. Using obsolete filters and sorting it's even hard to navigate and find what you are looking for.

Anyway - I got a 10% off coupon and decided to give it a try, so I ordered some components for total of more than $5000. My card was charged and I was waiting for the hardware to come in. They contacted me on the second business day after I placed the order only to tell me there is a limitation on the amount of video cards (although there was none when I placed the order) and I can not use the coupon on this amount, because they are loosing too much money. So I cancel, and won't deal with them - too much hassle. I could've placed my order at newegg or tigerdirect.

Oh, did I mention when I called them they were transferring my call beack and forth between different employees, including leaving voicemail and dropped calls? Directron, reconsider altering your customer experience. I am not going back, that is for sure. So Directron, keep your business away from me!

Directron.com User

"By far the worst place to shop. Employees are not knowledgeable at all of the things they sell. They sell memory that isn't compatible with certain boards but then want to charge you a return fee because they don't sell something that works for you that an employee says will. Then tries to tell me you have to over clock a processor to get it to work at the defaulted speed the memory is set to run at upon opening. Good luck on actually getting someone on the phone to talk to. If you leave voicemail good luck with that too because their employees can't seem to leave a voice mail their own selves. I had to order off another site for a set of memory to get it to work right. Employees can't do what they say they will do...and seem to get all of your orders in one box to ship...say like one will go ups on day then hold onto the other and it ships usps. Wal Mart highers better people than this and some without a GED that knows more."

"Directron sold me an Enermax power supply with a $15 manufacturer's rebate. After the purchase I discovered that the purchase period for rebates expired two weeks prior to my transaction. Attempts to rectify the situation with customer service were futile. For the first time in 20 years, I was forced to dispute a charge with my credit card issuer."

"Really happy with the service, Low prices and fast delivery, will buy from again!!"

modified review This review was modified by lonestar2814 on March 31 2014 08:18:42 AM

"very happy with the service and fast delivery, price is lower than the rest, most def. will buy from this seller again, had placed 3 orders with them and no problems with product or service."

modified review This review was modified by nelson-cepeda on February 25 2014 08:47:32 AM

"Directron's Web site listed free shipping on my purchase, but when I placed the order, shipping was included. I emailed customer service asking why this happened and the shipping fee was promptly removed. That is service! A good experience all around."

"Great price! Great purchase! Great service! Great quality! They even called me for verification of my order. You rarely get that with any other company. I will definitely be coming back for more."

modified review This review was modified by avemt1 on December 31 2013 01:46:57 AM

"This is my first time ordering from Directron.com however, many of my friends have gave good reviews on what they have ordered from this company WORD UP so I will try as well getting the things I may need now and in the future now that Geeks.com has gone out of busy I'd say Thumbs up for you Guys. "

modified review This review was modified by CharlesWalkeSr on November 03 2013 02:00:39 AM

"Overall a great purchase. They had the computer case I was looking for, the Chieftec BL-01B-OP which was discontinued by the manufacturer.

The price on the case was fantastic but was a little caught off guard by the shipping cost. To be fair the shipping cost wasn't horrible for a computer case costing $15.35. But over the years I have become used to free 2-day shipping from more that a couple online retailers, Maybe they should become a shop-runner merchant.

In closing they had the product I needed at a good price, with a fair price for the actual shipping costs, and it arrived in a timely manner. I was a little concerned after having read other reviews about horrible customer service but with my order not having any issues I couldn't say either way.

Directron.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Directron.com is not a merchant member
Directron.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!