Stores > Directron.com

• Fax: 281-754-4959

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-11-29

Worst of both worlds! Delays, out-of-stock, cancellations, and yet a big site's refusal to discount afterwards!

"I had a terrible experience with them. It will be my last as well. I ordered an SSD from Directron because PCPartPicker showed Newegg out of stock for the same price. It was on Black Friday, so the deal was impressive, though not unlike many other deals. I purchased the SSD and have a receipt for proof of purchase. 3 DAYS LATER, I am notified that my order was cancelled. Because of their extreme delay, all deals are over and I'm left without an SSD. Not only was I misled by my receipt that my item was in stock and being shipped, but when I contacted Directron to ask for a discount for the inconvenience, they refused. It is beyond me why a smaller company cannot set up a similar discount towards an item they do have in stock.

Directron is the worst of both worlds--small company means large delays, lack of stock, and yet no will to reach compromises with clients. I absolutely do not recommend this company when buying anything with a remotely good deal. If it's a normal priced item, don't bother either, because you can just buy from Newegg then!

This review was modified by joggypro on November 29 2016 01:19:15 PM

2016-09-30

Took details.. never delivered

"I searched reputable sources for a bit of kit.

Then found the bit of kit "good price" at Directron.com.

Supplied details. "Paid" by PayPal... I hope the firewall is good... and waited. And waited. No emails from Directron (and yet, using a keyboard shortcut, as I always do, would have then, did today) when I log on to my Directron "account", the email they have matches the email I ordered with.)

"Order cancelled" it says. When? Why? No explanation given in account history, or to me at the time.

Guess I'll go back to paying a little extra at Amazon, save myself hassle and exposing details to non-performing second tier players.

2016-03-14

Terrible Service and Very Dishonest

"I had a terrible shopping experience with Directron.com. First they took my order then they told some of the items were not in stock. then they removed the items from my order, but kept the shipping the same. They ended up charging me 50% for shipping. a complete RIPOFF. AMAZON is a much better place to shop, and AMAZON is a lot more honest."

2015-12-21

"Slow ship out! 4 days since shipped and it still has not left the warehouse! Avoid at all cost if you want it in a timely manner. Claims USPS Priority does not show in transit tracking which is just not true. my order still shows pre-shipment info sent so its not been handed over to USPS yet! "

2015-12-05

"Every seller should pack as well."

2015-11-29

"I have ordered multiple computers with much success. I can't build them myself for much less with the same parts. Quality parts make them a better buy than some off the self brand names.
They are also easier to fix if needed. Not a problem with any computers as yet. Highly recommend Directron.

This review was modified by pwenzinger on November 29 2015 10:14:50 AM

2015-09-19

"A price search for the computer part I needed found them to be the lowest total price, with the shipping charge, on that part because they had it on sale and no sales tax. They do have a lot of free shipping items but mine was not one of them. Good communication and shipping by USPS first class mail was only 4 days."

This review was modified by f8y39m on September 19 2015 06:38:32 AM

2015-09-17

"I've been buying equipment from Directron for Years. Always receive exactly what I order, always works, always promptly processed, shipped, delivered. Purchases made online as well as in person at the store in Houston. I'd never go anywhere else for my needs. Love the service, great job, folks!!"

2015-09-12

"I called support to get an update on an order since I had ordered a part that was out of stock. They were able to provide me an estimate for when it would be back in stock and when my order would ship. The agent was friendly and informative."

Fair-Deal-Trade's Avatar

NW Louisiana
2015-09-10

"Best Service and Best Price. Good job."

This review was modified by Fair-Deal-Trade on September 10 2015 04:50:28 PM

2015-08-24

"Fantastic Service! Highly Recommend! Asked for quick shipping, they shipped same afternoon!"

2015-06-15

"I've been buying from Directron.com for nearly ten years now and can count on one hand the number of times I've had any problem of any kind. Problems of my own making or from the other end of the line have ALWAYS been resolved quickly and to my ultimate satisfaction. They are my go-to supplier for my computer needs."

2015-06-11

"I was a little hesitant to order from directron cause I'd never heard of them before. I ordered a atx mid tower and was told it would take about a week to get it, but it arrived only a few days later. I am extremely satisfied with how directron treated me as a consumer. Will be buying from them again!"

2015-06-09

"When I clicked on the Yahoo privacy policy it came up with an empty page. I hope this is not a spam site."

2015-06-09

"I've been purchasing desktops from Directron for over 15 years. This is my first laptop."

Share Directron.com's store rating

Directron.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Directron.com is not a merchant member
Directron.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!