Stores > decluttr.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.52/10 4.52/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.15/10 6.15/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.22/10 5.22/10
Voice your opinion! Review decluttr.com by clicking a star below.
2017-10-16

Don't do business with Decluttr!

"Decluttr is a complete scam!

I was offered $220 for each of my iPhone 6S’s. Decluttr advertises that you send in your old cell phone and typically a day after they receive it they will deposit money into your bank account.
Once Decluttr received my phones, they said that they had been reported either lost or stolen and that I would need to spend $.99 to run a “CheckMend” report on the phones to get it straightened out. In the same email, they advised that if you could not clear this up they are unable to return your devices and must destroy them. I ran the CheckMend reports and both phones came up clean as I knew they would. I sent the reports to Decluttr and awaited a response.
After a few weeks Decluttr let me know that the reports still showing a problem with my phones and that they could offer me half the price or they could send my phones back. I opted to get my phones back. They did send the phones back to me and all I was out was the $2 for the CheckMend reports.
After doing, some research this appears to be Decluttr’s scam. They offer you a certain amount and then once the devices arrive they tell you about a problem with the device and then offer half the original price. I had only wished that I doing done my due diligence before sending in my devices.
I would strongly advise against ever doing business with this company.

2017-10-13

Decluttr Experience

"Decluttr helped me get rid dvd's and cd's that I no longer watched or listened to...they have great communication with their customer...they said that I would receive my payment the next day after checking in my order...I received it the same day...I would recommend Decluttr to all my friends who have extra items laying around that they don't watch, read or listen to anymore. "

Quick Service and Payment

"The app was super easy to use to see what my old DVDs were worth. They sent the email immediately so I could ship it out the next day. I took some time on my end to ship, but once I did payment came very quickly. I think I got my payment before I received the email saying that my order was under review. Overall I will definitely use this again and tell family and friends about it."

2017-10-12

Cleaning Up With Decluttr!

"A few weeks ago I began searching of places where I could sell some items and create some space in my home. I had loads of CDs and DVDs and video games I no longer had interest in. I didn't want to create listings or auctions, I had no time for that! I saw a link to Decluttr and curiosity made me click on it. Guys and Gals was I ever glad I did! The instructions were easy peasy, they took care of the postage and I took care of the box. Packed and sent it off I did and in a few days they sent me a payment! Went right into my PayPal account (just one of your options). Woo-Hoo! I'm in love with this site and you will be too! Now excuse me I have a box to get ready.. :)

Best site to resell!

"I have sent back over 30 orders in the last 6 months. Always prompt payment and friendly service. This is the best buyback site out there."

2017-09-28

Deceptive "quality" rating for cell phone

"I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S8 in June 2017 for $750.00. After only 2 months I dropped it and the screen cracked. I researched the cost of repairing the screen and was quoted $300-$350. Since I didn't have that kind of money, I changed out the SIM card and put it in my old phone, that, thank goodness I kept. Online searches led me to Decluttr. I put in the required information and was quoted $210.00 by Decluttr. They have 3 quality ratings, "Good", "Poor" and "Faulty". I chose "poor" as it included "cracked/damaged casing". Additionally and more importantly, the website reads "3 or more of the above faults render it Faulty". I mailed off the phone and awaiting notification of receipt and looking forward to getting my check. I received an email stating that there was a price reduction from $210.00 to $35.00 as I had not reported the quality as Faulty due to a cracked screen. I emailed their Customer Service and sent a print screen of their quality descriptions and pointed out that their own website states 3 or more of the quality descriptions renders the phone 'faulty'. I received a response from Jasmin stating, the following: "We have found the following information on www.decluttr.com: Faulty condition: damaged ports or faulty/cracked screen. Poor condition: cracked/damaged casing." Regards, Jasmin. That information is not included when choosing the quality during the selling process. I declined their ridiculous offer of $35.00. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAMMERS. THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN ME $35.00 FOR A $750 PHONE, REPAIR THE SCREEN FOR $300 AND STILL BE UP $400.00. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DECLUTTR, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DECLUTTER!!"

2017-09-28

HORRIBLE

"I made the mistake of not reading any reviews on this company which i should have they are HORRIBLE. I wouldnt trust them with DIRT. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with them they are a rip off. They lied about a checkmend report meanwhile checkmend is telling me the consumer something different. I will be reporting them to the BBB as well. Also I signed up for DD they mailed me a check which im not sure has even been mailed. They are a bunch of scams!"

2017-09-13

They don't pay!

"I sent in a box and nearly two weeks later asked about the status of payment. They replied with this message,

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

As you probably know our website suffered a recent glitch which caused multiple accounts to be listed incorrectly. Before we process your order we would like to make sure your name and address are listed correctly in your account. Please log into your account to verify everything is listed correctly

If the payment method you chose for this order is direct deposit. Please also verify that your bank details are listed correctly.

If it was PayPal then please email us your PayPal email address so that we can verify on our end.

Please respond to this email once that has been done so that we can begin processing your order.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience at this time.

Regards

Jasmin

Customer Services
Decluttr

They did not notify me of a glitch and even so, does that mean they would not have paid me if I did not contact them?? This message from them was over a week ago and they still have not paid even though I have resent them my payment info. This company is a scam, beware!

2017-09-12

One of the best trading and selling sites!

"This compared to Amazon is some of the best online trading and selling sites out there. Reasonable quotes, free shipping and fast overviews of your product makes for a pleasant and satisfying experience. Still go back and thats a good thing!"

2017-09-11

Have a Yard Sale--Seriously

"After spending an hour laboriously entering over 20 CDs, DVDs, and books into the system, I had a $4.82 credit. I tried to close out and redeem it, only to be told I didn't have enough credit to redeem. THEN when I tried to enter account information so I could save the items and add more later, I was told that my street address wasn't valid. It's valid enough for Amazon, American Express, and my driver's license.

Too much work for too little return. I'm sure I could get more at a yard sale, and with less hassle.

2017-08-30

do your research - you're better off having a yard sale

"I got scammed :(
It doesn't happen often, but I did.
And i rarely share personal stuff on facebook - but this is so outrageous, i've decided to share to save you time and frustration.
@decluttr is a scam
I've used them twice and both times they have lied, misled and paid less than promised.
so, to start with, they don't pay much for anything. just pennies for most things. Then, 100% of the time i've used Decluttr they come up with some excuse to not pay the full amount. the first time, they claimed some items weren't included in the box. (they were) and they finally agreed to give me the extra few cents (for the full series of weeds) as 'a courtesy' - i marked it up to an error and despite it being a bad return on investment (time) decided to send them a few more things.
So, onc evening i couldn't sleep and spent a couple hours finding another $5.27 worth of credit (an entire box full of DVDs, books and CDs) on items that were all in BRAND NEW or LIKE NEW condition, they were sent in. they ‘rejected’ certain items and ‘recycled’ them for not being in good condition. Again, everything was in Brand New or LIKE new condition (DVDs only ever watched once or not even opened).
Then I did my research. They have only 2 stars and tons of bad reviews everywhere online. I should have done a simple google search BEFORE using them. And many reviewers have the same story - unexplained, arbitrary and common 'rejections' with no recourse. once you ship it, it's theirs and they have all the power. so they just take your stuff - essentially for the cost of shipping.
At best, they are a waste of time. At worst, they are a scam. You get a better return on investment having a yard sale or donating your stuff to goodwill and taking a credit on your taxes

Best service

"Best online Service. Cheers"

Excellent

"I was leary at first, but the turn around, free shipping, and the company keeping my advised of the progress of my order was awesome. I will be using them again in the near future."

Do not try to sell here

" I was trying to sell my iPhone 7 to them and it was in completely perfect working condition . Luckily I photographed my phone before I sent it in. That it was working and had no cracks or nothing . So when I got an email saying that my phone was I some sort of malfunction loop I contacted them . And I told them that I had my phone in pristine working form and they told me that it was my phone even though it's not they don't know what they are talking about . I work in the phone industry so if it was broken I would've been fine with accepting such. I am very frustrated because they did not try to help or figure out what they did to the phone when they tested it .i told them that I know it works . I spoke with he manager Patricia and she was very unprofessional and rude I will never recommend this service to anyone. And I am going to report them to the IC3 for fraud for taking my phone and trying to send a broken one to me the IMEI and parts number on the device they sent me does not match the I sent them . They are a bunch of scammers."

2017-08-08

STAY AWAY, THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

"Like everyone has said, these people are crooks. I was quoted for what I thought was a fair price for a huge box of DVD's. There were 60 DVD's. Less than a week later I received a check for a few bucks. And when I called they said that they didn't accept most of the titles and they threw away the rest of the DVD's. But when I was listing them, all the titles were accepted and didn't show errors.

Now, I can see maybe having a small margin of error on my part, but over half of them weren't accepted and like I said, it was giving me accepted quotes on all of them. The terms & conditions are in their favor and set up so that once the products are sent off to them, you're at their mercy. And I suspect that they turn around and flip the products elsewhere to make a profit off of your loss. It's a terrible way of conducting business. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. You've been warned.

Share decluttr.com's store rating

decluttr.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

decluttr.com is not a merchant member
decluttr.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!