Stores > Costume Express

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

"Not that bad, but could be a lot better.

I had some confusion over the circumference of a helmet I was planning to order, and contacted support. The listed circumference was 23.5", but me, being an idiot, didn't know what the quotation marks stood in for. The employee I spoke to said that it was in fact 23.5 cm, which is the size of AN ORANGE. That was a letdown. I then assumed that it was 23.5 inches and ordered 4 helmets. I got through everything else pretty smoothly, and the helmets came in 6 days.

I am returning the helmets and will update my review when it is complete.

That being said, don't buy anything from this company, as it seems that the ratio of failed orders to successful orders is very high.

"These guys are AWFUL. Ordered Halloween costumes on October 5th. Guaranteed delivery by Oct. 14th. They never came. Their customer service phone number was out of service for the entire month of October. Three days before Halloween, they emailed me and said they had an inventory issue and they could not ship ANY of my order, and it would be canceled and refunded in full. Well, here it is, November 9th and I still do not have my refund! This was for $107, a lot of money for me! This site is a rip-off, keep your money and don't order from them!! You will get ripped off! I wish I checked online reviews before I ordered - never again!!"

Yesterday I purchased a costume for my son at costume express. Their website was advertising and guaranteeing next day delivery if order was placed by 2pm. After purchasing the costume i realized they did NOT process my order for premium delivery so i called them.
First off, they hung up the phone 3 times. On my fourth attempt, they kept me on hold for 30 minutes before I spoke to a representative, he put me on hold for another 20 minutes only to tell me THEY COULD NOT GUARANTEE OVERNIGHT DELIVERY although that is what they were advertising. To add insult to injury, I now have to wait 3-5 business days for a credit.

"Worst experience of buying something online I have ever had. Ordered a costume and paid $34 for next day air shipping so I could have it for a party. Did not receive the item for four days. Had to go out and get another costume at a store. Called several times and waited on the phone for 25 minutes to talk to anyone. Horrible customer service and shipping. Don't expect to get your costume on time or talk to anyone quickly. "

"DO NOT ORDER FROM COSTUMEEXPRESS.com!!!! I placed an order and paid a surcharge for "guaranteed delivery by 10/23" (the date of an event my daughter is attending). Never got a shipping confirmation email as promised so went to check status online. It still said "processing order" even though it was supposed to arrive TODAY. I contacted service via online chat. First she said it was being packed and would soon ship. What about the guaranteed delivery for today? She checks again and said they are having inventory issues and couldn't even guarantee delivery by Halloween! And yet, their site is STILL taking orders with guaranteed delivery promises. Such poor business practice!!!"

I ordered a $399 costume on October 8th, they charged my card immediately and waited 4 days for their credit checking. On October 12nd, they told me my order will be shipped out no longer than Tuesday. But on Tuesday when I checked my order status, it still said: "Processing order", I called them back and a lady from their company told me my order was ready to go, it would ship out on Tuesday. At the end of Tuesday, my order was still "processing", I contacted them again and hold 50 minutes for somebody to pick up the call, no respond. I call them back again on Wednesday, a guy put me on hold for 25 MINUTES to VERIFY WHETHER MY ORDER WAS STILL IN THEIR FACILITY OR NOT and finally he said the package had already shipped out from warehouse in Wednesday evening, but it will take 24 hrs to receive the tracking number, I believed his bullshit again, on Thursday, still no update on the order status, I told them I have short patience on waiting, they GUARANTEED I will receive the package on Sunday. Today, they tell me the order is still in their facility, they cant guarantee the ship-out date because they are experiencing a large volume of shipping, I ask them why they lied for telling me the order was shipped out on Wednesday and that pissed me off, they suggested me to cost $90 for overnight shipping, IM NOT BUYING YOUR SCAM!!!
I have already sent a cancellation, COSTUME EXPRESS GIVE MY MONEY BACK YOU LAIRS!
I want to give them negative stars, but unfortunately I cant rate that way in this resellerating.

"I ordered a $350 costume to be overnighted for a production we are using it. I asked them prior to make sure their overnight deliver would make it the next day, they guaranteed it, we paid over $60 just for the delivery. Well, the next day is still says, "processing order". I contacted customer service and they said 'sorry' and suggested we cancel the order. This is an unreliable and unprofessional service. It might be fine for your kid's inexpensive costume with weeks of notice, but stay clear of doing any 'real' business with this company. We had a whole production team let down by a missed deadline because of Costume Express. But at least we got a "sorry". We won't give them an opportunity to be sorry again."

"I ordered a costume for my son who is on the spectrum and a huge Star Wars fanatic. I had looked around online to find a costume with a full head helmet to meet my son's sensory needs. When I found what I thought was the perfect costume, I showed my son and we ordered it. From the advert, it seemed to be a full head two piece helmet. When it arrived, there was no two piece helmet, but instead a mask with a rubber band across the back. I called customer service and explained about the mask and my son's sensory issues. They told me to order a different costume (the day before Halloween) and they would "try" to have it to us by Halloween. As a single parent to 2 special needs children, this was not an option for me. Especially since in addition to shelling out more money for another Storm Trooper costume, the overnight shipping fee is almost $30! I am so disappointed and dreading the fact that I have to show my child this costume. The only other option is for me to return it, which is what I'm going to do since I know he won't wear it. It also leaves us in an uncomfortable position of not having a costume for my son. I did ask to speak with a supervisor and was connected to a woman named Sarah. No sooner did I respond to her question of how I was doing and the line disconnected on their end. I have yet to receive a call back. At this time, I am disinclined to order from this site again and will discourage anyone I know from ordering from them. "

This review was modified by sfevans on October 30 2014 11:49:13 AM

"I ordered a deluxe maleficent costume from this website. Later i saw the exact same costume at target.com for the same price, except the costume express costume contains 3 pieces and the target.com one contains 4. Costume express sells the 4th piece for 30 bucks. I contacted costumer service and they would not throw in the 4th piece. There is no price matching or product matching. So don't get screwed people. "

This review was modified by Thetruth4u on September 21 2014 03:17:25 PM

Share Costume Express's store rating

Costume Express is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Costume Express is not a merchant member
Costume Express does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!