• CHEFS Catalog

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"My wife ordered a Zwilling J.A. Henckels Sol Thermolon Dutch oven with Lid. She received an email confirming the order and which showed that the order was 'In Stock'. After waiting a week with no further notice and when the product did not arrive, she called them last night. She was told that the item was out of stock and was also discontinued so they could not back order it. They blamed the error on a 'glitch' with the website. I've worked on supporting order supply software for a major telecom company and know that this is more than a 'website glitch', it sounds more like a major problem with their order fulfillment process. I find it funny that one reviewer says that she calls because that is more reliable. The opposite should be true."

This review was modified by danwenz on January 08 2015 10:56:55 AM

"Placed an order 12/14 with 2 day delivery to ensure it gets here in time before we travel and Christmas. It stated "Status: In stock and reserved". 12/22 still same status, so I call. CS (>15 min wait) tells me, yes, all holiday orders are shipping on time for Christmas delivery. I ask for tracking number since to get here on time they would have had to send it that day. She states it wouldn't ship out today, 22nd. I state so you're going to overnight it to get here in time. She says she can't answer that and I would have to call the next day. So I do, this CS rep states she will work to get my order out that day, but wasn't guaranteeing anything. So I give her an out and change the shipping address to my parent's house (who the gift is for). Great. 30 minutes or so later I get a call that it's on back-order. I ask why does their system still state even now that it is "Status: In stock and reserved". She can't answer that. She is apologetic and says it would ship Dec 29th. It's January 6th and, gues what, "Status: In stock and reserved" no shipment yet. "

This review was modified by gqmracerx7 on January 06 2015 06:10:04 PM

"After being a customer for 2 decades - I ordered on sale in August, metal bowls. ok, no stock backordered (but still promoted online & in print). In October finally get an email that my paypal account was not active - I fixed. But CHEFS just cancels my order and telsl me in November I have to re-0rder. this is service? after spending 100s & this is all because of their poor stock planning."

This review was modified by Madeiros on November 03 2014 01:45:48 PM

CHEFS Catalog User

"I placed an order on August 24th 2014 with 2 day shipping. Immediately the order went through I noticed that the shipping address was incorrect and called into Chef's to correct it. They said they corrected it by did not. I also emailed a request and got a confirmation on August 26th confirming that the shipping address had been correctly changed. I then later received a phone call to say that the address had not been changed. Frustrated I attempted to cancel the order but I was told that the address would be changed with Fedex and my gift would arrive on August 29th 2014. The gift did not arrive. I called Chefs and was told that the address was never changed.

I would NEVER EVER purchase from this store again. Their customer service is outsourced, one hand has no idea what the other is doing. It also appears that Chefs has been purchased by Target and had I known this I would never have made the purchase in the first place do to security concerns and inefficient shipping from Target. It is also very misleading not to advertise the Target name on the website.

If you want your items delivered on time and want to be able to speak to a customer service person that can actually provide customer service your best bet is not to use CHEFS.

"Ordered a backordered product... no big deal. Expected ship date was 12/14, no wait, now its 12/21, oops now it is 12/28. Hope someday I receive my order."

"I ordered an in-stock item and paid extra for next day delivery because I needed it urgently to replace a broken BBQ at a vacation rental property. FOUR DAYS LATER I get a call asking to confirm the shipping address "as a courtesy." Granted there was a one-day holiday in there, but still, wouldn't you think asking for overnight delivery meant the customer was in a rush to get the item? Be skeptical if you are at all in a hurry, regardless of how much you pay for shipping."

Share CHEFS Catalog's store rating

CHEFS Catalog is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CHEFS Catalog is not a merchant member
CHEFS Catalog does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!