Stores > Bud's Gun Shop

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.55/10 8.55/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.55/10 8.55/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.67/10 8.67/10

2016-07-20

"Correct stuff in a timely manner."

4 of 5

"Shipping took a week but I made an echeck payment. May have made a difference. > am very satisfied with my purchase."

marxvp1's Avatar

2016-07-20

Shipped Gun then Took it Back!

"I ordered a Sig P238 using my Mothers credit card, which I found out later is illegal (Straw Law). Seven days after I placed the order, Buds shipped the gun. When it arrived at my FFL, they realized their mistake and had it shipped back! Totally unsatisfactory. Buds should know the gun laws!"

Rep reply posted Jul-21-2016

A rep from Bud's Gun Shop, budsgunshop, has responded

“The customer placed their order online. The customer agrees to our conditions of use when placing an order, meaning they're responsible for knowing the legalities of ordering/purchasing a firearm. We will always do our due diligence to stop any orders we believe are fraud or straw related purchases if it is something that happens to get past our processing department. We notified the customer on this transaction and intercepted the package. The order was cancelled and refunded in full with the option to replace it correctly with their information.”

2016-07-20

"Good prices and products, but shipping could be quicker."

Cheapest price by far

"I ordered a shotgun that was 50-120 dollars cheaper than anywhere else advertised online or in person. Combine that with free shipping and no sales tax- I will absolutely buy a gun from Bud's Gun Shop again. Also, they addressed my questions very quickly before I purchased.

Here are some minor considerations if you want more details:
The order took a while to arrive (because they wait 5 business day for the check to clear), but it was super easy. I'm sure this is standard for online purchases. Also, they send automated messages during each step of the process so you know it's being processed, shipped, etc. I chose my own dealer in town (rather than picking from Bud's list), so I had an extra step in there (to contact dealer, who didn't have a fax machine or business email readily available). Next time, I will choose one of the dealers that has a standing agreement with Buds to make it easier.

One strange thing was that the shotgun was shipped bone dry- most guns I have handled in gun shops or have read about are coated with grease and/or oil. Luckily there was no rust, so not terribly concerned. I'm not sure if that is Bud's issue or the shotgun manufacturer's issue (CZ-USA). Probably the latter.

Finally, the only other issue that I had was Bud's couldn't tell me exactly when the shotgun was manufactured before I purchased it. That is something I could only find out after it had already shipped. This might be a concern for you if there is a problem on an older model of gun and you want to ensure you are getting a newer manufactured model. NOTE: they did venture a guess as to when the gun was made and they ended up being correct.

Take home: I would (and will) buy from Bud's again.

No complaints - exactly what I ask from a business

"Good price, no issue, and prompt shipping."

2016-07-19

Great prices and service!

"No issues! Fantastic company to deal with! Will buy from again!"

Relationship with Buds Guns

"Very satisfied with Buds Guns Shipping and processing of our orders."

Great sefvice, Product exceeded expectations

"I searched all over for the Rifle I wanted-- 6 places said they would sell it, but only 2 had it in stock, and all 6 had prices significantly higher than Bud's-- Bud's had it, delivered on time, and had the lowest price!"

Excellent Service

"This is the second time that I have used Bud's to purchase firearms. Both times the on-line purchasing was very easy and the firearm was delivered in just a few days. I have purchased the SCCY CPX-2 and found it to be an excellent pistol. Have fired over 350 rounds without any problems. I would surly buy from Bud's again."

Awesome Business

"The whole process, other than the complications of delivery by FedEx, was smooth and very professional. The fedex fiasco wasn't anyone's fault but was complicated because the FFL dealer was on vacation the week of delivery. I paid with a personal check and that process was handled very quickly. If I buy a gun from someone other than Buds than it will have to be an "Oh my golly", "once in a lifetime" deal because these people deliver, no pun intended, on every level. "

2016-07-19

took long time just to ship

"It took a week just to even get the gun to the shipping department to even ship the gun. Also thought I ordered a Taurus 380 but got 709 slim instead. twice the weight and I'm still confused how that happened. I like the gun and will keep it but just not as smooth a transaction as when my hubby bought a gun a couple months prior. His was received 3 days after purchase, mine not for a couple weeks. Good prices though. "

'First timer'

"This was my first purchase from Buds but I assure you it won't be my last! I was very satisfied with how quick my order shipped. Had my gun in my hand 9 days after I ordered it. Thanks Buds I will definitely. Be back."

Great to deal with

"Fast shipping great prices "

Great deals?

"Bud's price matched the gun that I wanted and shipped very quickly. This is the 4th or 5th time I have ordered a gun from Bud's."

Share Bud's Gun Shop's store rating

Bud's Gun Shop is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Bud's Gun Shop is a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,537 merchant members.