• bowerylights.co bowerylights.com Elite Status

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.61/10 8.61/10

2015-07-14

"We recently decided to renovate our house, and we were stuck on the lighting. We couldn't find enough choices in store so we decided to check out bowerylights.com. They were a pleasure to wok with. Customer service was so helpful and knowledgeable and very responsive. We got exactly what we were looking for; they have an amazing selection of lighting fixtures for every room/decor/size. If you're looking for any sort of light, this website is sure to have it. I would recommend it to all."

2015-06-20

"I bought from Bowery online and I had a wonderful experience. I had accidentally ordered the wrong item, mostly because I didn't follow my wife's directions, and after speaking to customer service they were able to change my order without any pain! Excellent service and excellent lighting; I will be using Bowery Lights in the future."

2015-06-18

"I’m very happy with bowerylights.com, the customer service couldn’t be better. They answered all my questions, and helped me find what I needed. Price was great for such a good quality chandelier, and shipping so fast. Highly recommended, I’ll definitely be back for more, thank you very much!"

usa
2015-06-17

"These lights fulfilled our needs. We had looked everywhere in town for C9 bulbs Walmart, Lowe's, Target, and Home Depot. No one had them in stock, and if you looked online they were ether out of stock or seasonal. We ordered them on a Mon. and did regular shipping, and received them on Friday afternoon. Ordering was easy I did everything through my cell phone. We'll definitely use bowerylights again."

2015-06-17

"I purchased the new lighting for my condo, from their online store. All fixtures were in perfect condition when they came in, and looked just as they did in the photos. They offer a 110% guarantee on price, and they mean it! I checked around for lower prices on the fixtures I was buying, and they were BY FAR the lowest, plus I got free shipping. Thanks Bowery!"

2015-06-14

"Awesome service and great prices."

2015-06-13

"I was looking for new lightings for my new home recently. Was referred to Bowery Lightings by a colleague and visited the site online. I was pleased with the wide selection available and the swift customer service helps in making my choices fast. I ordered more than 10 lightings in total, including one grand crystal chandelier for the living room. Delivery was fast and I received it within 3 days of placing the order. Items came in perfect condition and they were all wrapped up nicely to prevent damage. It was an overall fantastic experience to buy from Bower Lightings and I will recommend it to anyone looking to buy lightings."

2015-06-12

"Bowery and his team were really amazing. Firstly I was 2 hours late for my appointment but he waited patiently for me until I got home so that he could take measurements etc. I am not familiar with the different type of options for shades and blinds and he was very helpful in explaining my options. Two weeks later everything was delivered as installed and was was very satisfied with the overall service."

2015-06-12

"Phone calls were returned immediately, i mean fast, answers to questions given within minutes, even if they had to call their vendors to find out certain info, They hustled for me worked hard wanted my business.I was very impressed."

2015-05-20

"I am thrilled with Bowery Lighting. I chose Bowery because I wanted a high-end look, but I didn't want what everyone else in the neighborhood has. I was thrilled with how many choices they offer. It seemed like the options were limitless. I also might want the high-end look, but I'm on a mid-end budget. Bowery's prices really can not be beaten. I loved that they have a money-back guarantee, too. I am the queen of checking five places to make sure I get everything at the best price. After checking several of the items I planned on buying, I realized that sincerely, no one else could out-price them. I live outside of the New York area, so an at home consultation was not possible. The representatives from Bowery had a great solution, though. I emailed them all kinds of pictures and thoughts and we talked on the phone several times. They emailed me back photos and products and then we talked some more. They could not have been more helpful in picking out my products. I ..."

2015-03-31

"I ordered this gorgeous crystal chandelier, I am more than pleased. The install was easy and it really accents my foyer. Quick delivery and great customer service!"

2015-03-23

"Floor lamp ordered 3-12-2015 after I was assured it was in stock; I was given an order #. When I had not received it as of 3-23-15 (11 days) I called and was given the run-around. Order person said she couldn't give me a tracking number OR tell me when it was shipped. It took 4 calls and an email to get a response. The email they sent today only stated it had been shipped by FedEx; they failed to provide a tracking number. Yet another call to them. No wonder! When I finally got it out of them, FedEx showed that the order wasn't picked up from Bowerlights.com until 4:20 PM today! Sure hope they shipped the right lamp!
Addendum- 1.Order placed only after assurance that item was physically in stock at their store in Farmingdale, NY.. Bowery misled me to make the sale. Lamp drop-shipped directly from wholesaler in Vermont PM of 3-23-15. Would never have placed order if I knew Bowery didn't have in stock there. 2.FedEx track # first requested from Bowery 3-23 at 12:21 EST & rep said she didn't have it, couldn't say when shipped & owner would be back in 10 minutes. On 3rd call she only said owner had sent email (4:57PM). Email only said order shipped & had place to click to track, but gave no track #. Final call 5:21PM finally got track#. Track #s are not assigned until AFTER pickup (4:20PM) on 3-23. So, no, Bowery could NEVER provided track # before the 23rd, despite their claim. 3. Although my credit card was billed 3-17, wholesaler shipper shows order not placed until next day. 4. I am retired U.S. Coast Guard Commander-I don't scream, I don't threaten; I am not lying- have no motive to. Review of this website shows Bowery's defensive rants to deflect & frequently start with this claim. Google search complaints against bowerylights.com yield BBB entry showing although they are NOT a member, there 25 complaints from 10-12-12 to 9-20-13. Other sites also reveal complaints. Website KNOJI Consumer Knowledge lists many lighting retailers with better ratings. Bowery- don't project your own shortcomings onto clients; spend your efforts solving your in-house problems."

Rep reply posted Mar-26-2015

bl0912, bowerylights.com rep has responded

“This person is being dishonest and frankly is lying. We will be more than happy to provide the facts regarding this order. Please keep an open mind and form your own conclusions about this persons accusations and his motives. Nothing is more important to us than providing the best possible customer service possible. It is what we are known for in this industry since we were established in 1935. This person placed an order on 3-12 for house of troy item Model #: N606-AB. Under availability this is clearly stated, *Availability: Delivery Time
5 To 10 Business Days, here is the link to the product page, (http://www.bowerylights.com/lighting/indoor-outdoor/HOT-N606-AB.html). The item was in stock and the lead time and or eta is clearly stated. Apparently this person does not know the difference between bus days ( Mon- Fri) vs non bus days Sat or Sun. The item was del on 3-25. 9 bus days after it was ordered. Here is the fed ex tracking number 482346976490. Here is the link to fed ex website as well, https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?tracknumbers=482346976490&cntry_code=us. He was emailed the tracking info as soon as it was issued. He is claiming that he did not receive the tracking number so we emailed it again, on 3-23. This was this persons direct correspondence via email with one of our customer service reps, please see below,
(Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 6:34 PM- ( see it was NOT shipped until 4:20 PM today, 11 days after the order was placed. I was assured it was in stock when I placed the order. I called my credit card company and learned you billed me on 3-17-15. Your business practices are absolutely unacceptable.). We responded, (Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 6:37 PM)-(The standard lead time is 7 to ten bus days, as is stated on the product page, we didn't charge your card until it was confirmed by house of troy, are business practices are the best in the industry and have been since 1935., have a nice day). Please also be aware that this person called our toll free number about three or four times in a span of 15 min screaming and threatening our customer service rep. Please form your own conclusions based on the objective facts. Nobody cares more than providing the best service we can, thank you.”

2015-02-11

"Bought some James Moder lighting from these guys, they gave me a great price. Free shipping was nice too. Will use again in the future. "

2015-01-30

"Unfortunately, I've had bad experience with Bowery Lighting. I've placed my order 12/7/14 and received 1/27/15. Customer service very poor....never return your calls. I've canceled one out of three items, it took four calls to get credit."

Rep reply posted Feb-13-2015

bl0912, bowerylights.com rep has responded

“This customer is not providing all of the relevant and proper information regarding his order. We would just like to provide the facts regarding this order and please form your own conclusions. Nothing is more important to us than providing the best possible customer service we can and are known for since we were established in 1935. This person placed an order for six fixtures from the same manufacturer. Three dvp9022, two dvp9043 and one dvp9044. Two of the three items were not in stock and were back ordered. We contacted this person several times after he placed his order and notified him of the status of each item he purchased. He wanted to wait for the back orders and have them shipped to him as they became available. We documented the time and dates of every phone call we made to this person as well as all of the messages we left for him. Thank you for your time.”

2015-01-15

"Product didn't come as seen in picture, took 3 months to arrive. Very disappointed in the Tiffany lights. They do not take returns so buyer beware all purchases are final, which they do not say anywhere during check out process. They have very poor customer service highly recommend ordering from another company."

Rep reply posted Feb-04-2015

bl0912, bowerylights.com rep has responded

“This person is being very dishonest. They ordered a custom made, made to order vanity light. Here is the link to the product page itself,
http://www.bowerylights.com/lighting/indoor-outdoor/ME-146914.html. It clearly states this in the product description information.
Availability: Custom Crafted In Yorkville, New York Please Allow 30 Days, Product is Made to Order. Anything that is custom and made to order can not be returned which is clearly stated under our terms of service. Please see below,
The following types of items and orders do not qualify for returns: Custom made orders. The lead time for this fixture is in bus days only and not guaranteed when something is being custom made. The factories also shut down for thanksgiving and Christmas break. The order was placed on 11-08 and del on 1-07, 44 bus days even including Thanksgiving and Christmas. As far as not liking the product they ordered, unfortunately there is always that risk when ordering something online and custom made. Nothing is more important to us than providing the best possible customer service we can. Thank You.”

Share bowerylights.com's store rating

bowerylights.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

bowerylights.com is a merchant member
bowerylights.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,847 merchant members.