"I was really impressed with the speedy shipping and great customer service. The chandeliers I bought are gorgeous. I would definitely recommend!!"

modified review This review was modified by Mskrystal1986 on July 23 2014 05:29:58 PM

"I bought four chandeliers from Bowery lighting for my kitchen, dining room and two bed rooms. I never had a better shopping experience on line. Prices are extremely reasonable and the service I received was very impressive. It felt like they really cared about helping me and appreciated my business."

"I went into the store today it was great! Bought a high quality fan to keep me cool this summer! Thank you Greg for the great recommendation!"

"Very user friendly website with a huge selection. Their prices are the best you can find anywhere on line. When you call customer service if you have any questions they are very polite and attentive. Del of my order was as promised. From the beginning of the process to the del of my order my experience with Bowery was extremely pleasurable and I will def. be back with any future shopping needs I may have, I have a become a Bowery customer from now on."

"I am so happy that i found this company. I was just searching on line for some lighting fixtures for my house and came across their website. I searched through their selection which was quite vast and very easy to go through. I had several questions about the proper sizes for each room and specific application concerns so i called their toll free number and spoke to someone in customer service. Mike was so helpful and knowledgeable and made me feel so comfortable that I still cant believe how quick and easy the whole process was from start to finish. Thank you Bowery for such a great shopping experience."

"Over the last four years I've probably ordered over 8 lamps from bowery lights. I've been satisfied every time. I not only got good pricing, but could not of asked for better customer service. Highly recommended!"

"I could have not had a better on line shopping experience than I did with Bowery. From start to finish it was perfect. Customer service was superb and their prices are by far the lowest you can find on line. I will def be back for my future lighting needs and other unfinished renovation projects that I have. It is hard to find companies such as Bowery that still exist, that really go far and beyond what you would expect. Thank You."

"I highly recommend. Great products, great prices, and excellent customer service. "

"Great company. I purchased some furniture from bowery lighting and i was extremely happy with my purchase. The order came in a day earlier then I even expected it. I received very good service from the employees working and I would definitely recommend bowery lighting. The employees seemed to really care about the customer and they made it great to do business. Overall i was very happy with my choice to use bowery lighting and I would most definitely shop there again."

"Placed an order on Saturday and was a little skeptical after reading the other reviews so decided to call to check on the order on Tuesday. I received a call back from Greg later that same day stating I should receive my order by Friday. Sure enough I actually received the shipment a day early on Thursday. Bottom line is they offered what seemed like the best price around and delivered within a week. Kudos and I would order again! "

"This is one of my highly recommended stores to shop in. They have such a wide variety of fixtures for you to choose from, with all sorts of colors and designs. The prices are right and the service is top notch. Aside from their website bowery lighting also has a showroom location in Farmingdale with many exclusive products that you won't find anywhere else! If you are looking for nice and affordable lighting fixtures, this is the place to look! A+ seller highly recommended!"

"Absolute worst customer service ever. Ordered a $600 tiffany pendant pictured in teal/cream. But the item that arrived was emerald/purple. Tried to immediately exchange or return, but was told that since I used a discount code that the sale was final. I could understand this reasoning if it was the item I ordered!

I still have light, but cannot use it, $600 poorer. Never have I dealt with such obsurd reasoning in my life. Stay far away!

Posted after response from bowery:

So if I custom ordered a BLUE automobile, but the one the manufacturer delivered was PURPLE....I am not allowed to exchange or return it ??? I did not get what I ordered....custom made or not. Horrible company.

modified review Rep reply posted May-12-2013

bl0912, bowerylights.com rep has responded

“This customer received exactly what she ordered. (Tiffany pendant item number 106528) She purchased a custom made Tiffany pendant. This is the product details as listed: Any custom made items can not be returned as they are made to order and manufacturers do not accept any returns. I will also attach our policies which clearly state that anything custom made is not returnable: Unfortunately sometimes customer's order something that is custom made and they are not happy with it, but to suggest that we did anything wrong is not right or fair. We do everything we can to make sure that all of our customers are as satisfied as can be. There is nothing more important to us.

Specifications:
Total Height: 19-54"
Shade: 14"Height x 13"Width
Bulb Type: Med
Bulb Type: X3
Max Watt: 60-100
Bulb Quantity: 3
Availability: This Item Is Custom Made. Please Call For Lead Time.
The following types of items and orders do not qualify for returns:

Orders over $2000 with multiple products
Custom orders or product not on the website
Any expedited shipping cost
Custom made orders”

"Worst online company ever. They never respond to email. Never answer or return phone calls. They don't ship your order on time (at least a month late) And still ship it after canceling the order a week earlier. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS RETAILER. They also go by universal lighting.

EDIT - 05-11-2013. (after Bowery comments). Do not listen to their comments about answering every email and phone call. I left multiple messages for them to call me and NEVER got a response. If you try to get your money back, you will get a refund, but the next month Bowery will charge your credit card again, and keep doing this. Please be warned and do not buy from this retailer. Companies like this do not deserve to do business.

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-03-2013

bl0912, bowerylights.com rep has responded

“We respond to every email and phone call that we receive. Del times are estimated lead times that each manufacturer provides us. It is always best to email or call customer service if there is a time sensitive date that an order is needed by so we can verify shipping dates.
All orders are considered open and active until you receive a cancellation number confirming that the order was canceled. This is clearly stated under our customer service section. We sincerely apologize if this customer feels that we didn't provide them the best possible service. There is nothing more important to us.
My name is Greg I Am a customer service rep who spoke directly with this customer. can this customer please provide his cancellation number and the date he received it? He was provided a full refund for his order after he already received it, because we tried to accommodate him. He was charged twice for his order once after the order was processed, after which he did a charge back, he was then charged again because he still had the item he ordered, after it was returned he was provided a full refund. We strive to provide the best possible customer service we can, we sincerely apologize to him because we want every ones shopping experience to be positive and we promise to always do better regardless of whether or not we did anything wrong in this case. We strive for perfection, thank u.””

"Avoid purchasing anything from Bowery Lighting at all costs. I made an online purchase weeks ago for an in stock wall sconce. Since my order I have been unable to contact anyone at this store either by email or phone to confirm the shipment information or the status of my order. Unless you are willing to lose the money and possibly never receive your order I would recommend purchasing from a different reputable and professional online retailer. "

"I purchased lights April 31 and still no lights. I contacted them more than 15 times emails and calls a girl Jessica keeps giving me the run around telling me that her boss is either sick or not in the office for 2 weeks. I ordered a Hubbardton Forge and because Jessica kept giving me the run around I called them and they told me that they were not an account with HF for over 2 months. Phone: (802) 468-3090 They also go by the name Universal Lights. "

modified review Rep reply posted May-10-2013

bl0912, bowerylights.com rep has responded

“This customer is out wright lying. He placed an order for a made to order Hubbardton Forge chandelier. He was emailed an order confirmation on 4-30 which clearly stated item is made to order. I will attach a copy of our polices which are clearly stated and must be agreed to before any purchase can be made. He also placed his order via phone and we provided him a special trade price as well. The standard estimated lead time for any Hubbardton Forge product is 2-4 weeks. ( you can call Hubbardton Forge directly to verify their estimated lead times as everything is made to order) After his order was placed on 4-27 we tried to process payment but John's credit card was declined. It wasn't until about a week later he provided another credit card for payment. He was also advised that his order will not be processed until payment is received in full. After we finally received payment from John his order was then processed. John also claims that he tried to contact us and nobody would return his calls. That is not true as well. The customer service supervisor left several messages for John and when he was finally able to get a hold of him he provided John the exact time and dates of each attempted phone call because we had a suspicion That John was up to something no good. And our suspicions proved to be accurate. After John received his order he contacted us and said he would only keep it if we provided him even more discounts, he wanted to only pay $245 a light as opposed to the already discounted sale price we gave him when the order was placed at $375 a light. We made it clear to John that we are not interested in playing games with him and that we would not be blackmailed by him. He said if we didn't do what he wanted he would write bad reviews. Unfortunately sometimes situations like this arise where dishonest customers like John try to blackmail companies even if we did nothing wrong. We are very proud of our track record since we were established in 1935. We have one of the best reputations of any lighting company in North America.

Cancellation
If you would like to cancel an order, you must call us at 1-866-744-5166 or send us an email stating that you would like to cancel it. Orders can only be cancelled if they have not entered the shipping process. "Shipping Process" can mean it was picked and prepared to ship from our warehouse or that the item(s) you have ordered has left the manufacturer's warehouse and it is on the way to be delivered to our warehouse. Once it is picked and ready to ship from the manufacturer it can not be cancelled without paying a restocking fee. If your credit card has been charged but your order has not entered the shipping process, your order may be cancelled and credited . If your order has entered the shipping process (either shipping to you, or ordered from a 3rd party that cannot stop the shipment), then you may not cancel an order. You may not cancel without a restocking fee.
The following orders cannot be canceled at any time:
Individual products under $60
Orders with an invoice total greater than $2,000 or orders with 10 or more of the same item.
Custom-made items”

bowerylights.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

bowerylights.com is a merchant member
bowerylights.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,875 merchant members.