Product & services pricing Rating 6.43/10 6.43/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.71/10 5.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"Just received my copy of a fashion magazine I ordered from Blurb and quite disappointed with the printing quality, printer strokes and noises everywhere. Online images look so much better than this. I f I knew that it would like this, would've saved myself $40."

"I have been telling my children a Christmas story for over 30 years and this Christmas decided to put I in print as a keepsake for them and for my three granddaughters. After researching different options I chose Blurb due to the lower cost per book and I could order just a few. I downloaded their 'Bookwright' software without issue and found it to be easy to use. After finishing the layout I uploaded the files, again, easily and without issue. While the book was in production I did contact support with a concern (a mistake I made) and received a response to my email from Celeste within an hour. Over the next few days while the book was in production I contacted Celeste several times and always received a very prompt and friendly response. I was excited but nervous when the books arrived, not knowing what to expect but I was thrilled with the outcome. They are good quality, picture colors are true to my vision, everything I was hoping they'd be. They were a phenomenal hit this Christmas and I am in the process of ordering more for extended family and friends. I would give Blurb a huge thumbs up and for me, their support was top notch. "

"As a new author and writer of "All I Got Left" by Theresa L. Washington. I should have chosen to go with Blurb who is a lot more less expensive. Especially compare to other self publishers, traditional, and independent publishers.

Blurb helps you to create your own book for less price. And possibly charged you separately for other services that you might need. I did not go this route with my first book because I wanted to get my book in the public as well as my name as an author.

So that my readers and audiences could get to know me a little better. Blurb really doesn't give you any particular ways of doing your books. Except you have to look or shop through their stuff and then you have to create your own book.

They do give you an option of using their designed templates or you can chose your own design. Most books and magazines give you a choice in how you want your work to look like and how to get it in the hands of your readers and audiences.

You are pretty much on your own with some of these self publishers and books and other book companies that really want to help create the look you want for your story. But most of these services are costly individually and can be financial a set back when you are trying to either market your book or sell your book.

If people don't think your book is interesting then you don't know if your book is selling or not. Unless you have a great strategy and a wonderful PR person to do all of the leg work for you. You are left by yourself to help sell more of your books and to promote it the best way you know how.

Thank God Blurb does give you the proper resources in planning your book and setting up your book and formatting your book.

Thanks.
Theresa L. Washington

"I'd done a few books with Blurb, using their Aussie site but did one up for work for the 50th anniversary of our unit.
Order was supposed to arrive on 27 November, from US to New Zealand. On 01 December got a call from FedEx about 'not responding to our letter" and we're going to send your books back as you have no import license number. I said what letter?
Said letter arrives 03 December, I ring up to be told "oh you never answered our letter, your books have been sent back to US, here it is, its the 23 of December and lo behold, no flaming books and a lot of annoyed work colleagues.
Way to go Blub- you killed Christmas

"My experience with Blurb during the last 6 years has been the following: books are ok / customer service is TERRIBLE. Books always arrive on time but they seem to have zero quality control. On MANY occasions my books arrived with problems. Getting them to fix the problem is another matter. They respond with template emails that have nothing to do with the problem. I have had exchanges go on for months with no resolution. I have finally decided to change. Enough is enough. I hope they learn. "

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-19-2014

BlurbInc, Blurb rep has responded

“Hello Brian - I am very sorry to read about the mistake with your recent order. I've asked a member of our CS team to reach out to you and make sure the impacted books are replaced. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding!”

"I've been a designer for years and NEVER experienced a 4 day turn-around on a 408 page book with 4 color cover before! That's four days since the day we ordered 50 copies of the softcover 6" x 9" book to having them delivered on my doorstep! And what a beautiful printing job. Yes, we supplied all the files and did all the design, but still. Can't say enough about how easy Blurb is to work with and they delivered a very professional job, including proofs. Would recommend them to anyone. Thanks Blurb for delivering a book written about my mother in time for her 92nd birthday."

"I ordered an album for a wedding client. I usually use Loxleys (and will certainly continue to do so after this fiasco) but they wanted a cheaper album for their grandparents.

I have used Blurb before and quality is usually good enough so I went for them again here.

I ordered the book on the 14th Oct and today (1st Nov) emailed to ask where it was - delivery was due on the 28th November.

I was told that my order had basically been lost in a "glich" in their system so I have to now return to my client and tell them that they have to wait ANOTHER 2 weeks for the book they ordered 5 weeks ago!!

They offered me a 30% off code which came to £8 which only just covers the extra that I would have to pay to get it 3 days quicker than the normal shipping.

Utterly ridiculous joke of a company

"Blurb have been very helpful with my efforts to produce books I am proud of."

"I have made many books with Blurb, but just ordered my last one. Their customer service is terrible and there is no phone number to call. You can wait for two days and even when you get a response it doesn't help. On top of that, they sent me a 15% off code and when I applied it at check out it did NOT change the price . Of course, there's no way to contact them! I'm switching companies, even though their end product has been nice."

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-25-2014

BlurbInc, Blurb rep has responded

“Hello - I am terribly sorry to read about the problem you experienced with our Support team. We're staffed 24/7 and available via email by filling out a form here: https://support.blurb.com/anonymous_requests/new. We also offer phone support Monday through Friday and can be reached at US/CA: 1-888-998-1605 (3am to 6pm PST M-F) and UK: +44 (0) 20 3322 6651(11am to 6pm GMT M-F).

If you received a coupon code that did not work, please contact support or update your previous support ticket. We'll definitely honor the discount.”

"There was an error in printing. Blurb quickly figured out the problem and reprinted. I've used Blurb before and I certainly would use them again. "

"Awful! Support is awful. I was trying to surprise my Mother with a book within 3 weeks - could get no support at all.
NONE! Left messages, emails!

"I enjoyed it. It was a great learning experience and the tools you supplied made the job easier. And now thanks to Blurb, I am a published author! "

"Very pleased with both the quality of the book and the speed of the service. Many thanks. I look forward to my next Blurb book."

"I really appreciated how quickly our large order was delivered."

"Blurb is the best. I print about a book month with them and they get it right almost every time. And when they don't they'll make up for it.

The only thing that can be confusing with them is whether you should use the US or UK store and how on occasion they will not give you a tracking number even if you chose a tracked package. This is limited to odd countries like UAE or Israel.

Blurb is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Blurb is a merchant member
Blurb participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,897 merchant members.