• bluefly

Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10

"I ordered two pairs of sunglasses, and 20 days after a shipping label was created, my order still was in a completely different state. I called bluefly customer service, and they said they would have to contact their 3rd party vendor to ask THEM to resolve the shipping issue. I asked if I could just have refund at that time and they said NO. Then I called 3 days later, and again asked if you would contact the company. At this point, four 20-minute phone calls in, they said again they would contact the company, and then send me an email. 3 days later I had heard nothing, so I called, and the customer service lady said she would just refund my money, because she thought the item had sold out and I could not get another, and they would not try and get the items delivered to the right place. So, after holding my money for a month, costing me approximately 2 hours of phone time, all I got in return was a promise of a refund. I asked if there was a credit or something would do to remedy the inconvenience, and after 5 minutes on hold, the lady offered me 10% off my next order. I told her never mind. They would literally have to ay me to try to order anything from them again! They are incompetent, refuse to refund your money until they've held it for a looong time, and cost you hours of time sorting their own customer service problems. I should not have had t resolve this issue so proactively, if I would not have called myself so many time, they would have never refunded my money. Do not shop here. The negative reviews posted are all very characteristic of my experience. I should have believed them.

Here is an update, I finally received my lost sunglasses. The mail tracking still showed they were lost, but they arrived at my door. I called BlueFly to let them know, and they CHARGED MY CARD!!! They were cheaper looking too than in photographs. I was not allowed to return them, even though they arrived a month later. This phone call took another 20 minutes of life as well. Great that they reward honesty.

modified review This review was modified by falloney83 on April 24 2015 02:23:52 PM

"Seriously, stay away from bluefly. I ordered a product in early Feb but never received it. I requested a refund in mid Feb but, two months later, after calling them weekly, I'm still waiting for the refund. They claim their vendor had inventory issue, but, from a customer's perspective, why do I care what issue they have? I had to ask PayPal to cancel the transaction. No customer should be treated this way. "

"I ordered three Harrison cashmere sweaters from Bluefly.com received in early November 2014. After less than 10 wearings each, all three showed varying degrees of pilling on the sweaters. I've had cashmere sweaters for years with no signs of pilling, but in attempting to rectify with Bluefly in February 2015, they said that was 'normal wear', and were unwilling to do anything about it. It took two and a half days for a response of 'tough'. Of course, you only wear the same thing so often, so I didn't figure out the sweaters were junk until my dispute rights had expired with PayPal. I reached out for a 'goodwill' replacement or refund, and was told by PayPal I was out of luck.

The only positive I can think of are that they shipped quickly.

I'll certainly never buy from Bluefly again, neither should you.

modified review This review was modified by gmankin on March 05 2015 07:10:26 PM

"Bluefly refused to accept the return because they were just a storefront for another vendor who they couldn't get in touch with.

2 weeks of calls didn't get any results. I took an Amazon Payments dispute to finally get them to do the right thing.

Will not buy from them again.

"Never, Ever purchase from this store. Bluefly will take your money, but will not return it for returns....I'm still waiting for a refund after 3 weeks and was told by one of their rude customer service reps that they can keep my money for another week....I will never ever purchase from these morons again, you neither should you..... Shop at Bluefly at your own risk!!!"

modified review This review was modified by PhillFoss on January 27 2015 06:15:45 PM

"Stay away! The absolute worst customer service! I will never recommend or buy again! Not worth what you may think yous are saving!"

modified review This review was modified by Argiem on January 27 2015 08:27:39 AM

"STAY AWAY from bluefly.com. DISHONEST, SLOW and the WORST SERVICE.

I wished I read the reviews online. The website and Customer Service is terrible and dishonest.

1. I place an order a few days ago. They described item will be shipped in 24 hours and I also confirmed that with Customer Service. Now days passed the order is still processing.

2. I'm an international shopper. I was charged shipping cost and prepaid duties and taxes. Bluefly charge me $26.08 on shipping and $329.91 on duties and taxes. After I checked with the Customs in my country and confirmed an valued $1695 package will be charged $210. Bluefly overcharge closed to $120. I did a online chat with the Customer Service. They said it might be a part on shipping cost and CANNOT give me details. YES, they have charged $26.08 shipping cost BUT there's another shipping charge behind "duties and taxes".

3. I sent payment with 10 minutes. bluefly did not ship item in time as prmised, but they do not allow buyer to ask for cancellation. The Estimated Delivery Date is 16 days!!!!!!! Can anyone image the estimated delivery when you paid $350+ on shipping and duties and taxes are prepaid. Other shopping sites in EU deliver items WITHIN 3 Business days. BLUEFLY EVEN NOT prepare sipping in 3 days.

BLUEFLY is the worst shopping site ever IMHO. Stay away from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2015/01/05 UPDATE:
I made another purchased at the same day on shopbop and I have received the shopbop item yesterday. MY BLUEFLY ITEM IS STILL IN US!!!!!!!!

modified review This review was modified by tw1cs on January 16 2015 02:59:46 AM

"Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service. I received a damaged item in a recent order. I immediately contacted customer service. It took over a week to receive a reply that was clearly a form email. It then took another week after my next reply to receive yet another form email about their generic return policy. I am so disappointed with the lack of response about an item that was sent in extremely poor condition. "

modified review This review was modified by Lisher88 on December 24 2014 08:52:36 AM

"I have always shopped on Bluefly and had the best products/experiences, until this last time. NEVER AGAIN! Purchased a pre-owned Chanel Maxi bag, that clearly stated it has a 14 day return policy. Recieved the bag and it was in TERRIBLE condition, so promptly returned it. Bluefly even sent me the return label and authorization. 2 weeks later the box arrives back at my doorstep. I call Bluefly customer service to ask why, and they say that their tyhird party vendor has refused to accept the return. Really? It's a $3,500 purchase. I was purchasing from Bluefly that clearly states their return policy so I couldn't care less why their vendor has refused to accept the return which is well within the 14 day window. Now I am stuck with filing a dispute - I have all of bluefly's email and customer service rep's names, along with the original purchase receipt that states the 14 day return policy. So sad that it has come to this, and I will never be shopping here again. "

"OMG, I'm so excited about my purchase with you BLUEFLY!
I was so apprehensive about the size of a coat order by Shelli Segal, but it was perfect! The fiber & fabric feels so grand. I love BF .COM
Sincerely, an extremely pleased customer.

"My father was buying me a $1500 Gucci purse for my birthday. I found it on bluefly for $1000. I ordered it and thirty minutes later my order was canceled. I ordered it again and fifteen minutes later it was canceled. I called customer service and the explanation given was "Company policy is that you cannot order something expensive without having an order history." Ummm, what?! Apparently, their credit department will not allow expensive orders to go through that have a different shipping and billing address, unless they have order history. So, basically I will never have order history.

"Will never EVER shop at BlueFly online again. I now have 2 dresses that I can't use because I didn't see the teeny tiny little 'Final Sale'. Pathetic that I couldn't return something the same day I received it after trying it on and realizing it didn't fit. I hope other people who think of buying something on BlueFly will read the reviews and STOP! My guess is BlueFly won't be around long with such crappy customer service and ridiculous return policies. I tried to submit this review with no stars, but I reluctantly had to click on one star."

modified review This review was modified by PL77 on July 30 2014 03:40:11 PM

"Stay away from this online store, I have purchased a pair of shoes, in order to ensure they fitted me i ordered one sizer bigger yet when i received the shoes they did not fit!! ended up having to return them which cost me $40 AUD. I have returned the item the day after I received it to ensure i wouldnt have a problem with refunds considering the item was being shipped rom australia. I received teh item on 21 of march is now the 28th of may and no refund, i contacted them 4 times and got only 1 reply apologising and ensuring me they would expediate my refund, that was 3 weeks ago and still no refund.
Judging by other clients feedback I believe this company is defrauding customers and not refunding their money. Prevention is better than remedy, as such dont deal with this online store!!!

modified review This review was modified by fernandak on May 27 2014 09:52:20 PM

"I was interested in purchasing a item from the website which would have been my first purchase from this retailer. I found this coupon "GET15OFF" on this URL:

It would not apply to my order automatically (and there were no exclusions listed where the coupon was listed on their own website). In a live chat with a Bluefly rep they told me exclusions were listed under their promotional policy which is NOT listed on their coupon page. There also is not a link to it from the coupon page. Most unfortunate that they bait consumers into getting excited about buying an item with a coupon that they won't honor.

modified review This review was modified by zippy_dan on March 13 2014 06:44:13 AM

"BlueFly has the worst customer service of any online store. I was out of the country unexpectedly for one month and two weeks overdue for the return as specified online (21 days from the purchase date). So I made a couple of phone calls asking for an exception for return and no use. They just don’t really care about customers’ satisfaction and don’t have the intention to keep a client. I don’t think I will shop from them any more and my family/friends will all boycott this store. The Worst Store Ever."

modified review This review was modified by online-shopping on March 03 2014 08:40:52 AM

Share bluefly's store rating

bluefly is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

bluefly is not a merchant member
bluefly does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!