Stores > bluefly
  • bluefly

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
Voice your opinion! Review bluefly by clicking a star below.
2017-03-10

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE company to order from!

"I am typically not someone who takes the time to write a review, but if I could have given a lower rating, I would have. Bluefly.com is a HORRIBLE company to order from, to try and get any type of online support from and to return items to... HORRIBLE! Sadly I have only made two purchases from this company and that has been enough! The first was the end of 2016 when I ordered pair of men's boots. I placed the order online, and it was in the process of being completed. Two weeks went by without any updates; their account status showed "processing" as a generic update. When I tried to call their customer care (four times) I was greeted with an announcement that stated we are experiencing high call volumes of 45-60 minutes! If you have call times this high, there is not only something wrong with your customer care team, their staffing, but also the fact that so many people are having issues that need to call in! After ONE MONTH of no updates, and the stale online status of "processing", I found an email address and reached out to another customer service group who apologized and abruptly cancelled my order stating there was no longer inventory of the item I had been waiting for. So, for one month this pathetic company took my money, provided not updates and was unreachable.
Thinking his may have been a one off issue. I placed on order for another item in February of 2017. The item arrived about one week later and just did not work out. When I tried to following their online return process I found that my order status was "processing" even after having the item in my hands for over two weeks. What the hell is this company doing? And whoever is managing their online services should be fired! When I called their customer service line it was a very generic, short and rather curt message stating their offices were closed and was disconnected. No mention about their hours of operation or their location for time zone purposes. HORRIBLE!!!! I called the next morning only to hear the same message of call volumes being so high (45-60 minutes) but, finally got through to someone. When I explained my issue to her, she tried to be helpful in processing my return. She stated that their system showed my order as being delivered when my screen was still showing "processing” and was preventing me from completing the return online as requested by their website. She tells me I will be on the hook for the almost $7.00 in return shipping charges. And asked that I take a screen shot of the “processing” status and email her so she could attach it to my phone call ticket to her IT staff. So after two horribly failed attempts to order something, mediocre customer care, and now a $7.00 shipping return, she wants me to take the time and send her a screen shot to help her? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I can’t get these shoes out of my house and returned to this company fast enough. I will NEVER EVER order from this company again. In a world were ecommerce is driving everything, the competition to be good is crucial. Why would anyone ever order from this company again? There are so many others out there that provide free shipping and returns, have websites that actually work, customer care lines that don’t have one hour hold times, and friendly greetings that provide detailed information and don’t just hang up on you?

DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME BY ORDERING FROM BLUEFLY.COM … MOVE ON AND UP!

This review was modified by AnthonyPell on March 10 2017 08:45:02 AM

2017-03-01

What a joke....

"I used to shop at Bluefly all the time. A couple of years ago, their wheels just fell off. Orders were lost. Things were never in stock, but you wouldn't know that until you had placed an order and waited on it. I stopped shopping there. Recently, I thought I'd give it a go. NEVER again. I ordered a dress. After seeing that the order was still 'processing' many days later I put in to cancel the order (These days waiting a week for something to ship just doesn't cut it). No response. I repeated this process 4 additional times. NO response. I was told by a rep that she would get back to me in 24 hours with a solution. I heard from her over a week later. Here is the super enraging part. Before this 'customer service rep' that lied to me got back to me over a week later, the item was canceled because it wasn't in stock. I tried to alert them to the situation that I endured, and they are not interested....no response. Shocker. There are SO many fabulous online shopping venues now. DO NOT be tempted. Time for this one to go."

This review was modified by AMGOy on March 01 2017 06:15:02 AM

2017-02-16

Stay Away

"I ordered two $25 watches that were supposedly valued at over $400 each. I could by better $25 watches at Target or Walmart or from a seller on the street. I've actually never seen a ladies watch so clunky and tinny. Sending them back.

I also ordered a really cute bracelet, but it was child size. I'll use it as a gift.
Another item is backordered until next month.

When I called customer service, the wait time was given as 45-60 min. I settled in and worked on the computer while I waited - took about 20 min.

Hopefully the return will go smoothly. I'll not buy from this site again.

This looks like a worthwhile site, but the rating scale does not make sense. You need to ask about the cost and the value compared to the purported value. You need to ask for ratings about descriptions as well.

I bought 2 moderately high value watches for low prices, and the actual value was less than the low price.

The third item I purchased had an inadequate description. If I knew the size, I would not have purchased it.

This review was modified by cal84106 on February 16 2017 01:15:02 PM

2016-10-04

Worst experience ever.....

"I ordered a dress from this website and was extremely disappointed with both the product
and the entire return process. I could not log in to my account, I could not generate a return label nor could I find my order anywhere in their system. I contacted Customer Service directly and they could not send me a copy of my order.

The website is set up so poorly every problem you encounter is referred to
customer service who refers the problem to tech support who cannot correct it.

The dress apparently ran 2 sizes too big which was not on the website description and the
measurements were completely inaccurate. I needed to return the dress and contacted Customer Service directly, since I was unable to log in. They said the dress was "Final Sale"
which did not appear either on my order or invoice. In the state of California your return
policy needs to be printed on your invoice so I have contacted the credit card company to
dispute the charge. They would also not exchange the dress for a smaller size.

I will say that the Customer Service representative was very nice but not very helpful.

Obviously I will not order from this site again and caution anyone who does.

This review was modified by Dakota55 on October 04 2016 09:19:07 AM

2016-08-25

Terrible

"I have ordered my shoes a week ago! They took money immediately from my account but no order confirmation came through. Few days later I emailed them and response was that my order was never received and that I forward them receipt copy from pay pal. Tried calling them and was placed on hold for 20 min after which I gave up. Still waiting!? Should have read the reviews on this lot. This day and age when corner stores have their online business down pat. Surely a CEO reading these negative comments must wonder wtf is happening because 3 stars is just not good enough."

2016-08-05

don't know their own stock

"i have tried to order a pair of shoes THREE times from this company - one pair twice, and a separate pair once. all three times the order went through and then a week later i get an email that the item was out of stock and the order was cancelled. how, in today's day and computerized age, is a company so incompetent that they have fouled up not one, not two, but THREE orders?! i have NEVER experienced anything like this ever before with any other company. i was hoping third time was going to be a charm, but it turns out it was third strike and i'm out. and when they inform me, they give me a code for free shipping - well, all three orders had free shipping to begin with so THANKS FOR YOUR OVERWHELMING GENEROSITY."

2016-04-06

BEWARE!!! Bluefly is the worst company EVER!!

"This is the worst company I've dealt with when it comes to customer service. It's as if they train all their staff to make it IMPOSSIBLE for a customer to return items. I had a huge order sent to me and their representative helped me and checked me out as a "guest" customer. Most items did not work out and it was a huge order, ~ $4,000. I didn't know what to do as the order didn't come up on my account. I had no way to return them because they didn't send me the invoice of what I purchased on my account. Finally, when I called them, the representative said it was all FINAL sale! I went back to check each and every item and none of them were final sale!! They just outright lied to me!!! In fact, they were still selling the same items on the website. I then called back and complained about why they would claim that the items were final sale when they were all still being sold on the site as regular items. They said they would look into it and the matter was being "escalated". I didn't hear back for a while and when I called them again, they said that they emailed me labels to return the items but I never got them. I then called again several times and they said that they would look into it only to tell me that the time to return has passed therefore, I cannot return any of the items!! Unbelievable!!!
Meanwhile, I see them still selling the same items I am stuck with which I have never worn and are still in plastic bags and hangers worth about $4,000. I am reporting them to the Federal Trade Commission to be investigated on for their unscrupulous business practices. I am also contacting a consumer advocacy group to produce an expose' about this company and air it on TV.
They are downright deceptive to their consumers!! Like what other reviewers have said, this company is a total SCAM! I have many friends who have had the same experience with this company and they are never shopping there again.
I strongly advice anyone who is thinking of shopping at Bluefly to heed other people's warnings. BEWARE and shop elsewhere!!!

2016-03-08

Horrible customer service

"If there is an option for zero star, I would give bluefly.com zero star! My bf bought me a cashmere for Christmas and he ended up returning it. He gifted the store credit to my account and unfortunately I forgot the password to my account. I called the customer service 3 times on 2/29/2016 and was told there is a IT issue that's why I am not getting the password reminder. They put in a IT request ticket for me and promised to give me an update in 2 days. A week later, on 3/8/2016, still no contact from Bluefly. I called the customer service again and was told IT request is in waiting status and there is no promise of when they will actually look into my issue. 4 phone calls and waited for more than a week, I still can not get my password back!!! Please spend your money somewhere else."

This review was modified by Yanrong on March 08 2016 08:28:32 AM

2015-12-24

"I purchased a bag on December 10th with promises it would come before Christmas , I then received a confirmation that the product was being shipped out on December 14th. By December 20th there was no movement on the label. I then proceed to call their customer service which now I have been in contact with everyday with numerous representatives and supervisors telling me it would come before Christmas. Now Christmas Eve I found out that was not the case and all they try to do is offer a $25 dollar gift card are you kidding me. I myself work in customer service would call each time with patience and understanding but after never receiving a follow up as promised I honestly think this is the worse experience of online shopping I ever had. Thank you for ruining my mother's Christmas, I will not be keeping my purchased item as now it has an arrival date of December 28th."

This review was modified by Gilma on December 24 2015 12:37:10 PM

2015-11-13

"Worst experience I've ever had with a company. A total scam and rip off. Their customer service is a joke. I wish I had read the reviews online before placing an order. I shop online almost exclusively and would recommend any other site to Bluefly. Save yourself the headache and shop elsewhere."

This review was modified by mancandy on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-11-11

"I purchased a Celine Wallet for $550.00 14 months ago and the zipper broke.

Bluefly would not do anything for me. It appears that Bluefly sells damaged

goods and does not stand behind their products

This review was modified by LayaR on November 13 2015 02:11:01 PM

2015-06-15

"Worst Customer service, total scam! Stays with your money and no merchandise. Will never trust again!
After giving you an RA number for your returns, received merchandise, they received it and "apparently send back to distributor in this case SAUIPE Swimwear!
Nobody knows where the merchandise is at the moment and no credit for your money either! At this point am so disappointed not for the $162 that I lost but for the way they pass the bucket, the excuses, lies, scams and no ones can give you an answer! What happen with administration? The use of computers is for verification of merchandise, pictures etc. Am sure there is a way from their part to prove if merchandise was unuse or not. I need to form a case! IS A TOTAL FRAUD! WILL NEVER recommend or buy from this retailer again! Will post it everywhere! Lost my $$$ and my mother's day present, since this was my gift but am sure they will loose clients! KARMA will take care of it!

This review was modified by Melissadiaz71 on June 15 2015 09:48:30 AM

2015-05-21

"Because of shipping issues, returning issues, marketplace people,bluefly reps saying they'll call and never call back, and so many problems with just one order I WILL NEVER SHOP OR BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wished I had read all of theses reviews before I ordered. I really don't understand how this website is still up and running with this many complaints about the same stuff. BEST ADVICE, DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM! "

This review was modified by kristen_capps on May 21 2015 03:36:40 PM

2015-04-24

"I ordered two pairs of sunglasses, and 20 days after a shipping label was created, my order still was in a completely different state. I called bluefly customer service, and they said they would have to contact their 3rd party vendor to ask THEM to resolve the shipping issue. I asked if I could just have refund at that time and they said NO. Then I called 3 days later, and again asked if you would contact the company. At this point, four 20-minute phone calls in, they said again they would contact the company, and then send me an email. 3 days later I had heard nothing, so I called, and the customer service lady said she would just refund my money, because she thought the item had sold out and I could not get another, and they would not try and get the items delivered to the right place. So, after holding my money for a month, costing me approximately 2 hours of phone time, all I got in return was a promise of a refund. I asked if there was a credit or something would do to remedy the inconvenience, and after 5 minutes on hold, the lady offered me 10% off my next order. I told her never mind. They would literally have to ay me to try to order anything from them again! They are incompetent, refuse to refund your money until they've held it for a looong time, and cost you hours of time sorting their own customer service problems. I should not have had t resolve this issue so proactively, if I would not have called myself so many time, they would have never refunded my money. Do not shop here. The negative reviews posted are all very characteristic of my experience. I should have believed them.

Here is an update, I finally received my lost sunglasses. The mail tracking still showed they were lost, but they arrived at my door. I called BlueFly to let them know, and they CHARGED MY CARD!!! They were cheaper looking too than in photographs. I was not allowed to return them, even though they arrived a month later. This phone call took another 20 minutes of life as well. Great that they reward honesty.

This review was modified by falloney83 on April 24 2015 02:23:52 PM

2015-04-14

"Seriously, stay away from bluefly. I ordered a product in early Feb but never received it. I requested a refund in mid Feb but, two months later, after calling them weekly, I'm still waiting for the refund. They claim their vendor had inventory issue, but, from a customer's perspective, why do I care what issue they have? I had to ask PayPal to cancel the transaction. No customer should be treated this way. "

Share bluefly's store rating

bluefly is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

bluefly is not a merchant member
bluefly does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!