benfranklin.com Reviews - benfranklin.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.17/10 50 reviews

benfranklin.com is not a merchant member
benfranklin.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"My order was cancelled in Feb. They had already charged me for it $87.30. They kept promising to send a refund check...now the 800 # says Brittany and Vanessa no longer work there and someone named Sharon at 800 992 9307 x 453 won't return my calls. Please refund my $87.30! That is a lot of money to me! Be an honest company please!!"

modified review This review was modified by juliesewbusy on May 02 2013 07:38:49 AM

"I guess like everyone else here I've been ripped off by Ben Franklin, and tonight I notice that there website is "down" for renovations! Supposedly the refund check is in the mail to me but I guess after reading everything here I probably won't see it."

"I waited a month to have an order filled, now it has been canceled. How can a company operate in this way?"

QweenBeed's Avatar
USA

"Not worth the savings, since I NEVER got the order, and STILL haven't received my refund, even though I've communicated several times to "Vanessa". I guess I'm going to have to resort to drastic measures like calling my bank to have them intervene. I ordered the craft items about 2 1/2 weeks before Christmas, hoping to get them in time to create Christmas cards for my family. It is now January 8th and STILL NO SIGN OF THE GOODS. Still no replies from "Vanessa", still nio refund of my nearly $100.00, and VERY uhhhh..."peeved" (not the word I want to use...) I will be back if I can, to leave the results of my quest for a refund....(stay tuned...)"

"Terrible. I placed an order on the 16th of December, and after waiting 3 weeks for my order to come I e-mail customer service to ask about my order status at which point I was informed my order had been cancelled and I would get a refund check at the end of the following week. Why I was not informed of this earlier is ridiculous, and only informed at all because I contacted the company. Definitely not ordering for benfranklin.com again."

"Ben Franklin apparently does not care about the customer. I have spent hundreds of dollars at the online store this year alone. I placed two orders in November for Christmas gifts. They send a note as soon as you order that they strive to process and send orders within 3 days. Having ordered from them before, I've never received an order before 2 to 3 weeks, so I planned ahead. When the order had not arrived within a month, I sent a email for an update. It took THREE emails before I was finally answered, and it was with a vague "problems with a vendor" but no shipping date. Apparently they don't bother to notify the customer who has already paid for the product that there are problems. It is now 2 months since I ordered and I STILL have no idea when the items will arrive. I had to sheepishly explain to the people I ordered the gifts for that they weren't here. I can get no answer from "customer service". A very poor way to do business. I tried to send a complaint, only to get the same ridiculous "problem with vendor" response and no idea of when my order will arrive. "

"I will not order from this site again. They charged me for an item they did not have and then when they realized the order was so old, they contacted me to see if I still wanted it. I said no and asked for a refund which I still haven't received. The order was placed in October, 2012, it is now January 2013."

"This is the worst company I have ever done business with- POOR COMMUNICATION. For starters, the item that I ordered could not be shipped within the time that their shipping guidelines state that I should expect it, but I was not given any notification of this. I left an inquiry email and voicemail, and received NO RESPONSE. It wasn't until I sent another email suggesting that I may need to cancel my order that I got a response. I was told that the item was on back order, and I asked them to cancel my order if I could not receive the item in the time promised. No response. I had to ask again the next day, and received the response "We have had the order canceled and I will send this information over to refunds to handle this immediately." 13 days later the item showed up on my doorstep, and I checked my credit card to find that they had NOT issued a refund. I have absolutely no need for the item now. To make all of this worse, I contacted them immediately about the situation- left a voicemail and an email telling them what happened, and asking how they were going to handle it. It's been 3 days, and no one has bothered to contact me at all, let alone with an appropriate response. I will never order from Benfranklin.com again. Worst communication and customer service I have ever received. "

"The worst experience ever. Asked refund, and it has been 3 and half month, but stil no refund yet. Customer service is the worst as well. If you send ond email, they never reply. If you send over 5 emails, they finally reply. Make sure you send 5+ email at least at once if you want a reply. Never want to use the service again."

"4 out of 5 items were out of stock. Credit card was promptly charged for entire order. Got an email asking if we wanted to cancel the entire order to which we replied yes. Still waiting for a confirmation of cancellation and still no credit back to the charge card. 12 days later, do you think they are just using the money while they can. If they use the holidays for an excuse then they need to get better computers and IT folks. Very poor status control of web page. should never bill for out of stock items. Should confirm cancellations and give prompt refunds. However; on the positive side--- well I can't think of anything. I wonder if I will shop Ben Franklin again? Well maybe if they develop a business plan with integrity."

"The first time I ordered from this company it was breeze, My Order shipped and quite quickly. The second time is a completely Different story. I placed my order on the 15th of November not knowing the company was on vacation for Thanksgiving, which was not mentioned on their website. This further delayed my order as well as my notification that these products were out of stock. By the 5th of December their vendor still hadn't sent my supplies to them and I requested a refund. Today is the 28th of December and my refund it just being processed. It took countless e-mails to get this far with this company. Response from the company is slow and where on their website is says your original credit card will be refunded I am being sent a check instead. So not only am I completely supplyless I am also moneyless after a month and a half of e-mails. The company also only has one e-mail address, never picks up phone calls and has no direct way for you to speak with refunds and returns. I do not know if I will ever by ordering fromt his company again, maybe if they stop telling blatant lies on their webpage and get better with response time to e-mails and phone calls. "

"Like many others on this site, I ordered an item over one month ago that I never received. The emails I sent to them were returned to me as undeliverable and the phone calls I made were never returned. I should have known when I had to leave a message on voicemail during normal operating hours that something is not right with this company. I will be disputing the charge with me credit card company!"

"They have very poor communication. I ordered something the november 3. they took the money from my account on the 5th. Then they sent me an email that said they would ship my order in 3 days . That was the last i had heard from them till i finally got tired of waiting for my order because i needed it. I kept emailing and trying to call them with no success. Finally they contacted me back after i threatened them with the better business bureau. they said i could cancel my order and receive a full refund because part of my order was on back order. I have never received my refund and no one will return my calls or emails. I am gonna contact the better business bureau now. I have given them plenty of time. I will never do business with them again."

"Never ever ever ever do business with these people. Never. They do not ship your order, they don't answer the phone and they don't reply to emails. I had to get the BBB involved to get my money back.

Just in case you missed it the first time... NEVER EVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

Rating 4/102/5

"I've purchased from Ben Franklin several times in the past without any issues. Unfortunately, the positive streak quickly came to an end when I placed an order on 11/26. I was never notified that the items weren't available to ship until I contacted customer service. I requested the order to be cancelled and refunded on Tue., 12/18 because I needed the items by Monday and would have to order from another company. The customer service rep told me that all the items were available to ship that day so I didn't cancel and I didn't place another order with a different company. On Thursday I still didn't have a tracking number so I contacted the customer service department via email. The next day (Friday) the rep responded to let me know that only one item of the order had shipped. They left this information out when I contacted them on Tuesday. Now I will miss a deadline or have to spend a lot of money to get the product rush shipped to me."