awedeals Reviews - awedeals.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 28 reviews

awedeals is not a merchant member
awedeals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I had some of the same problems others had. In my case disputing the charges with my credit card company got me my money back.

1. They sold me a remarked Athlon XP 2500+ as a 3200+.
2. They charged me tax even though I'm not in their state.
3. They were completely non-communicative, when you email them or use their web support form you just get a stupid faq email in response. They do not answer their phones.
4. My favorite - they have a con going which explains their high ratings at pricewatch.com. Pricewatch sucks, by the way:

Thank you for your recent purchase at Awedeals.com. Every month, we are giving away prizes for customers that leave positive feedbacks on pricewatch.com.

For the rest of November until January 31st 2005,
we are giving away (5) Microsoft 3-button Optical
USB Mouse. Five customers that left positive feedbacks on pricewatch.com will be randomly choosen to win, guaranteed! Like always shipping will be FREE!!!

modified review This review was modified by yodle on April 13 2005 05:11:13 PM

"Bought an Xp3200+ that will not run stable at 400mhz fsb. Tried several motherboards and ram combinations. I e-mailed them to RMA the processor and they said they didn't carry the processor anymore and that they would refund my money. That was a month ago. Since then they have not responded to any e-mails and are unreachable. Anyone know of anything we can do to get our money back?

***Update*** Still no contact after dozens of e-mails. Disputing the charges with my CC company got me my money back.

modified review This review was modified by stevo79 on June 02 2005 08:14:35 PM

"Ordered "AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2GHz 512K Cache 400MHz FSB CPU" received it but it would not post at 400mhz fsb, most i could acheive was an Athlon XP 2700+ stable. I sent it back, to them via RMA, after some issues because they were relocating the package was forwarded to another address. They finally signed for it after more than 2 weeks. I have not heard from them, they no long have phone numbers listed on their web site (due to relocation), but they have bee "moving" for about 2 months now. The do not reply to email inquiries. It's been 4 months."

"Ordered a 3200 AMD 400 FSB Barton chip. I believe that I got a doctored 2500 mhz Barton; that would only post at 200 mhz FSB. Sent back per policy and in a timely manner. They signed for it. Have not heard from them since. They owe me money. Many attempts to call, email, registered mail, pricewatch complaint with absolutely no response. This has gone on for almost 3 months. IMHO this is fraud. Appear to have no intent on honoring a refund or even responding to complaints of bad products. I would not give these fellows the time of day let alone any more money."

"Bulk CDs and DVDs appeared to have been water damaged before shipping. Disk packages appear to have been broken open before shipping.

No response on complaint emails and phone calls except for boilerplate email responses.

modified review This review was modified by steveschwarz on February 18 2005 01:33:06 PM

"Very Disatisfied!
Order took almost 3 weeks to receive after notification of shipped date.

Wrong part got delivered.
It was still a USB 2.0 + Firewire combo card but it had 2 additional external USB ports.

I thought that I was getting a deal until I found out that it was defective.

"Placed order o 03 JAN 2005, Money removed from my account on 05 JAN 2005, 10 JAN 2005 received an email stateing order shipped with FEDEX tracking #, tried to use #, no information for this #. Today is 17 JAN 2005 still not product.
Can not get thru on phone, always get the machine. Called a number of times.

modified review This review was modified by jay1737 on January 17 2005 02:58:21 PM

"To say this company is shady would be an understatement. Luckily, they actually delivered what I ordered but there were enough problems with the order to make me never want order from them again and to recommend that no one else order from them. I placed the order on Dec. 30. They processed the order on 1/3/2004 and shipped on 1/4/2004 issuing me an invalid FedEx shipping number.

Ok, two things, the FedEx number was too long including the first 7 digits which is their number, remove that and you get a valid tracking number. When I got the package on 1/17/2004 I got the correct tracking number and found that the package was shipped on 1/11/2004, one week after they originally said it shipped out. I don't like dishonesty, even if it is only shady. Lastly, they billed me for California sales tax, I live in Ohio.

There are enough bad things about this company, the lack of a customer service contacts (their answering machine is a joke), charging of sales taxes on out of state sales, and general slowness and lack of status after the sale that are all signs that you should avoid this place. I'm lucky, I got what I paid for eventually. But do you want to take a chance that you'll be as lucky as I?

"Ordered and paid on 12/8. They issued fake Fedex trkg #. They never shipped. 10 days later I cancelled order by phone and e-mail. Left numerous messages requesting refund. They NEVER respond to any calls or e-mails. On 12/23 he calls to say he has order ready to ship. I said DO NOT SHIP...CANCEL ORDER!!!!! He shipped anyway. They won't refund and I tried to return items! They are liars, scammers. I do not recommend! They also collect CA sales tax for all out of state orders!!!"

"Scam artists. Charged CA sales tax on this order though I live in HI, won't refund the amount to my credit card, won't answer emails or phone messages. This is illegal and I have contacted CA taxation authorities. I recommend steering clear of these hucksters."

"I ordered 2-56k modems. I received a 3+1 firewire card. Company won't answer phone calls or return emails. I had to dispute the Visa transaction and returned the card. It cost $6 to return the card to make it a valid dispute. The modems only cost $12. Still waiting for a response...."

"At first glance, their prices can't be beat, but if you look a little deeper, awedeals.com is a scam! I live in a different state and was charged 8.25% tax (which is not even the rate where I live), even though they have no business dealings in my state. I'm certain they collected tax just so they could get more money out of me than they stated in their ads on pricewatch.com. In my order details I asked them not to ship the item or charge me if they were going to charge the listed tax amount. They charged me for it anyway and when I called, I could never get in touch with them. Their voice mail says "we do not return messages left here". I have sent nearly a dozen emails and they have not yet written back. The product arrived on time and was fine, but everything else was a scam. I did receive an email one month after purchase with an offer for freebies if I would leave positive feedback on pricewatch.com. Their ratings are so bad that they're bribing people to post good things so they can look better! Stay away and spend your money elsewhere. There are too many good, reputable businesses that are waiting for your business. Support good businesses who stand behind their products and services."

"Ordered 200 Ritek CDR's. First off they charged me sales tax. They are in CA,I am in OH. This is illegal. Second, they took 3 weeks to get me my product. Third it was shipped USPS, instead of Fedex ( like I paid for ) and it arrived in very very bad shape. Most of the CDR's are scratched or physically chipped. These people are a scam. Why they have not been shut down yet is beyond me. I have reported them to the BBB, and I have also submitted the fraudulent tax charge to the IRS. Stay away from this company unless you want to lose your money."

"A TOTAL SCAM! Placed order on Dec. 19th. A week later and the order still hasn't shipped, so I sent them an e-mail. No reply but the very next day, status of the order (on their website) changes to "SHIPPED" with a FedEx tracking number. I'm thinking "GREAT, it shipped!"...AH, NOT SO QUICK! I checked FedEx website and the status is "package not in FedEx possession." I've checked with FedEx for the past two weeks and the status is still "package not in FedEx possession." These people NEVER answer their phone or reply to e-mail except for the supposedly "automated" reply with a FAQ--I highly doubt it's "automated" since it took 2-3 days. I'm currently disputing the credit card charge."

"No customer service, and shipping is really slow. It took almost 2 weeks to get my order even though I only live 30 miles away from awe deals. They don't answer the phone (does anyone actually work there?), and they send you their FAQ when you e-mail questions about your order.

They are cheap for a reason. Listen to me and everyone else on ResellerRatings and stay away from awedeals.com. The only awe-some thing about this company is how bad they are.

modified review This review was modified by spacemky on January 06 2005 06:39:58 PM