• Rating 2.33/10 406 reviews

A&M Photo World / Royal Camera / Broadway Photo is not a merchant member
    A&M Photo World / Royal Camera / Broadway Photo does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • A&M Photo World / Royal Camera / Broadway Photo contact information

"In case the 600 other reviews somehow haven't convinced you, this place is a scam, plain and simple. They're being investigated by multiple law enforcement agencies at the local, state, and federal level. Just don't do it."

"I was looking for a new digital camera and had decided on the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3. Checking the net for best price and found Broadway Photo. Checked ratings prior to ordering and decided to give it a try despite some of the bad ratings, knowing that some people just cannot be satisfied. Received excellent service, no high pressure sales, item shipped and arrived when they said it would. Excellent communication via email to keep me informed of the status. They sent a tracking number via email and I was able to know the exact day that it would arrive."

modified review This review was modified by B1rdwchr on September 07 2009 06:26:35 AM
Rating 8/104/5

"drgstdv g hvefz ejn fgzhfvhe zj njgh fhjt fnezh jenhgfjhnjhbnghgfngh vhbnh bhbngnzjh ngh n"

"THESE GUYS ARE THE WORST - I have purchased everything on the web and this is the worst company I have ever delt with. I wish I had found this site first but I didn't. I placed an order for 3 cameras, 2 flashes and some small accessories. I got the call for a "confirmation" of my order and after three calls, with no call backs from them, I finally got through with a long hold and two hang-ups.

The salesperson confirmed my ordered, try to sell me all of these accessories (many came with the cameras) and when I refused, told me that these were international editions and that if I just took the time to look at the web site, I would see this. I checked the web site and no mention of international edition. He also told me that all of the menus would be in other languages with no English Menu ( a lie ).

I just cancelled the order, wrote a confirming email cancelling the order. Rude, deceptive, bait and switch, etc, etc. The WORST company ever. I've gone back to B & H, paid a little more but got what I wanted professionally. Stay Away from Broadway and affiliated companies

"I ordered a Canon S5 IS Camera from Broadway Photos before checking all the BAD reviews, the item showed in stock, and the confirmation call I recieved said I WILL recieve my camera in 3 - 5 business days. 2 days went by, so I checked to see if it shipped, I went to track the Order status on there website only to find out the Camera in now on BackOrder and will take 6 - 8 weeks before I will get it. I found the Camera Cheaper and instock at bestpricecameras.com i WILL CALL BROAD WAY PHOTOS ON MONDAY AND CANCEL MY ORDER. Check the reviews before you order anything!!!!!!"

"I was sold the US version of the digital rebal Xti they told me the price on the web site (524.99 was for the "internation version" and the US version was 699.99 and they would include the battery and graphite body. I had it shipped 3 day, and recieved it next day,, sounds good so far,, but here's the thing, I open the box, and I have a cammera called a "KISS digital X" STRAIGHT FROM JAPAN.
I have since contacted canon, and they have explained there is no such thing of a graphite option for any version of the xti
yup paid for the US, and got Japanease.

I have contacted them for return, and got the run around that I got the item I ordered. when they looked up my invoice, and told me I ordered the japanease version, I axplained I didn't write on the invoice, that there salesman must have made the mistake,, of course the price tells the story that I paid for the USA.. so she changes story. "well, we can make a return, but we will have to charge a 5% restocking fee.. " I replied that the Item I baught was not delivered, there will be no restocking fee.... she then changed story to I can do the return without restocking but we will not refund shipping.. again, I repeat that the error is all on your company and that I will not be responsable for them in whole or even part....

she then starts to get pumped up you can tell in her voice she was building up for the yellathon, she yells at me and tells me that I'm trying to scam her company out of the camera.

(and mind you, I had allready read these forums and was ready for this, and I had kept my calm through the ordeal and spoke calmly with no agression.) I then said "I'm sorry if you think that, but I will be contacting my credit card company, and I will be going through them for now on,, thank you and have a nice day. and she calmly said "you to"
and I could hear the smile she had on her face.

these are 100% scammers, they do not care, the way they can continue business is beyond me, but after ripping so many people off, they feel comfortable enough to smile while they do it.. some one needs to start a class action suite.

I for one am ready willing and able.

modified review This review was modified by jackspcs on November 16 2007 08:24:15 AM

"they pulled a "bait and switch" advertising $315 then charging $395 by lying about the battery, scharge for "upgrades" they don't send, and charging $23 shipping and 5% restocking which is not disuputable with the credit card company."

modified review This review was modified by mind_Flight on September 18 2007 07:26:53 AM

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE. Unfortunately I didn't see this website before I made a purchase from them. While searching for a particular model digital camera for my daughter the price at this store appeared to be the best one. I also found a coupon for free shipping. The free shipping coupon was applied and the total at point of sale was $203. The next day a phone call from these crooks first telling me they would not honor the free shipping coupon and that the battery that came with the camera would only hold a charge for 15 minutes. Also the instructions were in japenese! It would cost an extra $50 to get the proper battery and english instructions. Nowhere on the website was any of this stated. How do they get away with such blantant fraud? They should be shut down."

"Typical for A&M scam. You order online, than you get an email with information to call in to confirm. The camera that you ordered turns out to be a "japanees" or "european" model that does not come with battery, accs, or other stuff, and most importantly with warranty. Than if you get the camera shipped to you it is the "japanees" model with xeroxed english manual."

"I had all the same experiences as the hundreds of other angry customers who took the time to post there concerns. My Nikon D70 was listed for $650.00 and a quick talking salesman soon had me
buying a necessary "Package" that ended up costing me $1,303.00! I'M STUPID!!!!!!!!! Of course $73.80 of that was shipping. There was NO NIKON WARRANTY and although they assured me that I qualified for the $200.00 Nikon rebate, Nikon refused to pay because A&M is not an authorized Nikon dealer. I was nervous about this purchase from the very beginning and not receiving the rebate was a second slap in the face. I reported my concerns to the Better Business Bureau and suggest everyone who has posted a complaint do the same (It may or may not do any good, but sure makes you feel better). It's been a year and it still upsets me to the point that I can't really enjoy my camera like I should. They may get away with treating people this way today, but one day these guys will answer to a higher authority!

"ordered a pentax *ist d. their tracking info kept coming up invalid. rang their 800 number and got some pushy salesman trying to take my order higher. first he tried to get me to buy a newer lens for an extra $10. okay. sounded reasonable. then he tried batteries. no thanks... start small, add stuff on. how about a couple different filters? compensates for red eye and washout and ... hmmm, right... and a memory card? finally he told me the camera was an "international" model (see if you can find any mention of that on their site) and for an extra $350 i could upgrade to the usa model... canceled that deal! and phoned my creditcard company to make sure they couldn't bill me either..."

"I ordered a Konica-Minolta Scan Dual IV from A&M Photoworld, NY. It arrived, dead on arrival, 11/7/05. A&M was contacted 11/8/05 and refused to issue a return authorization. I chargedback through VISA."

"I ordered a Motorola phone from these people and I’ve had nothing but trouble getting information about my order. I received a notice after purchasing, fairly normal. I waited a few days and didn't receive an email so I sent an email in requesting information on the order. No response. So I called customer support. I spoke to a guy who tried to sell me some accessories for the phone, who indicated that my order was delayed but they just got the phones in that day and I should get an email shortly.

Well, sure enough I did. I got a response from the email i sent before saying I needed to call customer support because they couldn’t handle my issues via email. Whatever. Then the next day I got an email stating that it was sent to the warehouse and I should be getting a tracking number shortly. I waited and waited. Nothing. 10 days later, still nothing. I sent in an email to cancel my order and left a voicemail. I discover that they are closed for 4 days this week. I'm not sure who's running this store but that's not how you should be doing business. I should have consulted reseller rating before purchasing. I purchased the phone today from a different vendor and they shipped it today and sent me a tracking number. Now that's service!

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered my camera on Sept 29th and received the “confirm” email the next day. My phone conversation with the salesman was cordial and professional. He went through a litany of add-ons (batteries, XD cards, camera bag, filters, etc.) to which I answered that I either already owned them or didn’t need them. He put up no argument nor did he try to switch me to a different camera. I did agree to purchase a kit form of the camera which included a set of filters for a whopping $4 more. No word from them on the 30th, and they were closed on Oct 1st – they close every Saturday.

By October the 6th, I had received no news on the shipment of my camera. I found out that A&M Photoworld was open on the 2nd, but they were closed Oct 3rd, 4th and 5th due to a holiday, according to their voicemail. The reviews here scared me so I called them on the 6th to cancel my order thinking they didn’t really have the camera in stock. My customer service person (it is nice to deal with the same person each time you call.) said I couldn’t cancel right now because the camera was in the shipping process. It was going to be shipped today and I would receive an email with the tracking number. He said if I still did not want the camera, I could refuse the shipment and my credit card would be charged back. My credit card was charged on the 6th.

Immediately after hanging up I received an email from A&M stating the camera would be shipped in 1-2 days and I would be emailed with a tracking number. They were right on the dot about the shipment. I received another email on the next day stating my order was picked up by UPS on 10/7 and was on its way. To confirm with UPS, I put in my tracking number with the UPS system and received an acknowledgement that they have my package and it is scheduled for delivery on 10/14.

Camera arrived in perfect condition at 9:10am on 10/14 as promised.

I thought that 1 week from order to shipped was a bit long, but they were closed about 4 of those 7 days. The 1 week delivery from UPS was standard, the camera coming from New York to Arizona. All-in-all, I have no real complaints about dealing with this company and, based on this experience, I would purchase from them again.

Erick Emert

"I ordered 2 lenses from that store on September 22 and asked for the fastest FEDEX delivery. On September 30th, received an e-mail from the store providing me with a FEDEX tracking number. After tracking the order, saw that the expected delivery was scheduled to be on October 3 and I was going to be out of town so I phoned the local FEDEX office and requested a change of delivery address for that package. The next morning FEDEX phoned to let me know this order didn't exist as far as they were concerned - it had never been picked up at the store, even though the store claimed it had been. After numerous phone calls to the store, being treated like some sort of an idiot from the staff as they didn't believe what I was telling them, and also getting the run around from them, I discovered that the order was finally shipped only on October 6th and will not be delivered from FEDEX until October 12!!! So much for fast delivery and fast processing of an order! I am not planning to ever order again from that store! These lenses I purchased on behalf of a friend of mine who was visiting me from South Africa. Once she had arrived here in Canada, she tried to order them herself but the store wouldn't accept her Visa card number... Why I ordered them on her behalf... She was planning to take these 2 lenses home with her but since the lenses never made it here on time, she left on her scheduled flight on October 6. Once I receive the order at last, will have to FEDEX the 2 lenses back to her which will I'm sure imply additional FEDEX charges in the hundreds of dollars. A&M for me is now on my blacklist!"