Stores > Altrec

(800) 369-3949
      customerservice@altrec.com
      (800) 369-3949

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Altrec by clicking a star below.
2016-12-15

Horrible Customer Service! Canceled my order without notification and lied to me

"This online store is a scam! Unfortunately, they are affiliated with The House snowboard shop so I will not be buying from them either any longer. I ordered a Burton snowboard jacket and they did not want to honor the sale price so they canceled my order and did not notify me. They lied to me and told me the jacket was out of stock, but they were still selling it online and a customer service rep confirmed that they had the jacket in stock. I tried calling the manager and was given the run around for 3 weeks. At one point, I was told the jacket had shipped! Do yourself a favor and order from somewhere reputable. This store is joke. The manager refused to return my email inquiries and calls. "

2016-11-30

Either Completely Incompetent or Thieves...

"I purchased a pair of snowboarding boots during their Cyber Monday sale. I initially wanted to pay with my debit card and entered the card information several times (5-6) with no success and received an error message that the transaction was unsuccessful. I then decided to pay with PayPal to see if that would work, which it did. The PayPal transaction immediately showed up as a deduction from my checking account. The next morning I wake up to an alert from my bank notifying me that my account had been over-drafted. When I log in to my bank account it says that there were 7 purchases all in the same amount as the boots which had been deducted! The boots were $250, which came to a total of $1,750! I checked my email and verified that I had only received 1 order confirmation from this store. I immediately called their customer service and told them the whole story (repeatedly). The customer service rep told me that she couldn't look up the transactions unless I could provide the order number. Um, hi...you guys never sent me a confirmation of the transaction or order number!!! I spent nearly 20 minutes on the phone with their customer service who in the end told me there was nothing they could do because I didn't have an order number. I immediately called the bank and had to file claims against the transaction and the bank returned the funds to my account within 24 hours, however, I am out over$100 in overdraft fees. What a mess... Altrec's slight discounts are not worth the hassle and sucky customer service. "

2015-04-06

"Tried to return a backpack I paid a ton for (because of the lifetime return policy). Got an email back: " new ownership has opted not to honor the return policy that was in effect when you bought the backpack".... Huge scam, reporting this to the BBB"

2013-07-24

"In an attempt to do business with a local company, I ordered a garment from Altrec.com on 3 July. By 9 July the item had not been shipped and there was no correspondence from Altrec. I phoned customer service and also emailed asking where my order was. "Very sorry for the delay, blah, blah. The supplier is at fault, blah, blah. By 11 July the item had still not shipped. I sent an email asking that the order be cancelled. On 12 July I phoned my bank to dispute the charge on the credit card and had a three way conversation with bank customer service and Altrec customer service. Altrec said that the item had shipped that day and would arrive on the 15th. It did, but I had requested a return invoice and postage and immediately sent it back to Altrec. The return was received and signed for at 9:35 a.m. on 16 July. It is now the afternoon of 24 July, and there has been no email confirmation nor a redeposit to my account. I contacted the bank yesterday and initiated dispute process. Altrec's failure to communicate, lengthy delays, and failure to follow their own stated policies make them impossible to do business with. I would give them no stars if the option were available."

2013-07-18

"I used to like them; they were close so things got here very quickly (Seattle), their prices were (are) great, and everything had a no questions asked return policy.

I bought a pair of shoes that failed on me after very little use. When I bought them I did so only because they offered a lifetime warranty on everything they sell. Well, they changed their policy, and that's fine, but they changed it and if you purchased an item when they had their lifetime warranty you are S.O.L., because they will not honor it.

Unfortunate, but I won't be ordering from them again, as this is inexcusable (and should be illegal).

2013-06-28

"I bought a sleeping bag from Altrec.com and discovered that the online product specifications were false and the sleeping bag had exceptionally low quality then the online sleeping bag details. They won't administer a sleeping bag refund because the product was used (even though I only used the product twice) and because it did not come in its original packaging and tags, but the sleeping bag had no tags and the sleeping bag was sent back in its original packaging. When I asked for the sleeping bag to be returned to me since they denied a refund Altrec wanted me to pay another $16 for the mailing fee.

Horrible service. I would highly recommend avoiding doing business with this crooked company to save yourself money and grief.

2013-06-08

"Altrec has worst customer service of us retailer business. "

2013-04-10

"I was treated like a scammer . better yet like a thief.
worst customer service . !
its find if they cant put my order through but their is no need to tell me i am sketchy .. ,just bcoz your company small and affraid to take a lost .(is like saying ,"i met a bad person before so everyone is a bad person from now on " .)
anyways,their is no need to offend a customer just bcoz your company trying to make sure the company dont lose money .
very very rude !
no next time. you are one of the wrost.i dislike your company very much . i was tryin to save 20 bucks but next time i will for sure shop with a bigger company even tho i have to pay more ,instead of been treated like a thief when i work 5-6 days a week to earn my money . "WTF" .

2013-01-16

"Gloves I ordered were supposed to ship when the manufacturer sends them to altrec, Representative did not follow through with giving me a new ETA twice after inquiry. They like to blame on the manufacturer and say they don't know when it will ship. On top of this they did not honor a coupon code my brother received in the mail, denying it was ever mailed to us. Coupon was to give $25 off $100, and I was literally interrogated on how I received the coupon. I was asked how I got it, what did I order, and what my email address was so they could invalidate the code. After I told them my brother received a printed coupon with the code on it Sam H denied it. Will never shop with them again. Screw Altrec, you have the worst customer service I have ever experienced."

2013-01-14

"Altrec is awesome. I ordered 4 Columbia fleece jackets, two being shipped UPS and two USPS, and they got here on time. I did order kind of late, only days before my wife and kids came back from Brazil. The customer service is the BEST. You can tell there is no one watching them or scoring them, they just tell it like it is."

2013-01-04

"I ordered boots that said they were in stock with two day shipping premium paid. It has now been four days, no boots. I sent an email question in, the response received was: "Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure when the order is shipping. Once it does Columbia will send you the shipment confirmation email. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions. Thank you, Jason K"

REALLY???!!! They are obviously not a real store!

2012-11-29

"I ordered from Altrec last month (October 2012) and received a defective item. I returned the item with no hassle and they paid for shipping. I wanted to reorder the same item since I got a good price on it but since it was out of stock, they let me pricematch what I paid until it becomes available. I just reordered the item recently and they pricematched the price I paid, just like what they said they would do.

The customer service is very good and they answered all of my questions despite the negative reviews. I've only dealt with the live chat.

I will definitely shop at Altrec again.

2012-11-20

"I've just had an absolutely HORRIBLE customer service experience with Altrec. What should have been a simple return due to the shipment of a cancelled order degenerated into a three-week ordeal, which ultimately ended Altrec ridiculously claiming that I had committed fraud.

Fortunately I'd ordered through Amazon, which is a company that actually knows what customer service means. They had everything on file and were able to help me get the item returned.

Moral of the story: if you order through Altrec, you better hope they get it right the first time or they'll try to screw you with your pants on.

2012-11-12

"Great offer on patagonia down jacket, very happy with my purchase"

2012-11-01

"Awful awful awful!

Bought a pair of shoes off an eBay listing. The listing was a Buy It Now and said they had more than 10 pairs available. LIES!

Got my money back but now don't have the shoes I needed for a gift.

Customer service was a bunch of a-holes. Just said we are not perfect and neither are you...

No, but my EBay listings are for things I actually have!

Share Altrec's store rating

Altrec is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Altrec is not a merchant member
Altrec does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!