• Address: 725 SW Umatilla Ave, Redmond, OR
    • Contact: customerservice@altrec.com
    • Phone: (800) 369-3949
    • Customer Support: (800) 369-3949
    • Business Hours: Mon-Fri: 7:30am-4:00pm PST, Sat-Sun: CLOSED

"In an attempt to do business with a local company, I ordered a garment from Altrec.com on 3 July. By 9 July the item had not been shipped and there was no correspondence from Altrec. I phoned customer service and also emailed asking where my order was. "Very sorry for the delay, blah, blah. The supplier is at fault, blah, blah. By 11 July the item had still not shipped. I sent an email asking that the order be cancelled. On 12 July I phoned my bank to dispute the charge on the credit card and had a three way conversation with bank customer service and Altrec customer service. Altrec said that the item had shipped that day and would arrive on the 15th. It did, but I had requested a return invoice and postage and immediately sent it back to Altrec. The return was received and signed for at 9:35 a.m. on 16 July. It is now the afternoon of 24 July, and there has been no email confirmation nor a redeposit to my account. I contacted the bank yesterday and initiated dispute process. Altrec's failure to communicate, lengthy delays, and failure to follow their own stated policies make them impossible to do business with. I would give them no stars if the option were available."

modified review This review was modified by bloodyawful on July 24 2013 01:45:04 PM

"I used to like them; they were close so things got here very quickly (Seattle), their prices were (are) great, and everything had a no questions asked return policy.

I bought a pair of shoes that failed on me after very little use. When I bought them I did so only because they offered a lifetime warranty on everything they sell. Well, they changed their policy, and that's fine, but they changed it and if you purchased an item when they had their lifetime warranty you are S.O.L., because they will not honor it.

Unfortunate, but I won't be ordering from them again, as this is inexcusable (and should be illegal).

"I bought a sleeping bag from Altrec.com and discovered that the online product specifications were false and the sleeping bag had exceptionally low quality then the online sleeping bag details. They won't administer a sleeping bag refund because the product was used (even though I only used the product twice) and because it did not come in its original packaging and tags, but the sleeping bag had no tags and the sleeping bag was sent back in its original packaging. When I asked for the sleeping bag to be returned to me since they denied a refund Altrec wanted me to pay another $16 for the mailing fee.

Horrible service. I would highly recommend avoiding doing business with this crooked company to save yourself money and grief.

modified review This review was modified by Chicko on June 28 2013 12:51:36 PM

"Altrec has worst customer service of us retailer business. "

"I was treated like a scammer . better yet like a thief.
worst customer service . !
its find if they cant put my order through but their is no need to tell me i am sketchy .. ,just bcoz your company small and affraid to take a lost .(is like saying ,"i met a bad person before so everyone is a bad person from now on " .)
anyways,their is no need to offend a customer just bcoz your company trying to make sure the company dont lose money .
very very rude !
no next time. you are one of the wrost.i dislike your company very much . i was tryin to save 20 bucks but next time i will for sure shop with a bigger company even tho i have to pay more ,instead of been treated like a thief when i work 5-6 days a week to earn my money . "WTF" .

"Gloves I ordered were supposed to ship when the manufacturer sends them to altrec, Representative did not follow through with giving me a new ETA twice after inquiry. They like to blame on the manufacturer and say they don't know when it will ship. On top of this they did not honor a coupon code my brother received in the mail, denying it was ever mailed to us. Coupon was to give $25 off $100, and I was literally interrogated on how I received the coupon. I was asked how I got it, what did I order, and what my email address was so they could invalidate the code. After I told them my brother received a printed coupon with the code on it Sam H denied it. Will never shop with them again. Screw Altrec, you have the worst customer service I have ever experienced."

"Altrec is awesome. I ordered 4 Columbia fleece jackets, two being shipped UPS and two USPS, and they got here on time. I did order kind of late, only days before my wife and kids came back from Brazil. The customer service is the BEST. You can tell there is no one watching them or scoring them, they just tell it like it is."

"I ordered boots that said they were in stock with two day shipping premium paid. It has now been four days, no boots. I sent an email question in, the response received was: "Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure when the order is shipping. Once it does Columbia will send you the shipment confirmation email. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions. Thank you, Jason K"

REALLY???!!! They are obviously not a real store!

"I ordered from Altrec last month (October 2012) and received a defective item. I returned the item with no hassle and they paid for shipping. I wanted to reorder the same item since I got a good price on it but since it was out of stock, they let me pricematch what I paid until it becomes available. I just reordered the item recently and they pricematched the price I paid, just like what they said they would do.

The customer service is very good and they answered all of my questions despite the negative reviews. I've only dealt with the live chat.

I will definitely shop at Altrec again.

"I've just had an absolutely HORRIBLE customer service experience with Altrec. What should have been a simple return due to the shipment of a cancelled order degenerated into a three-week ordeal, which ultimately ended Altrec ridiculously claiming that I had committed fraud.

Fortunately I'd ordered through Amazon, which is a company that actually knows what customer service means. They had everything on file and were able to help me get the item returned.

Moral of the story: if you order through Altrec, you better hope they get it right the first time or they'll try to screw you with your pants on.

"Great offer on patagonia down jacket, very happy with my purchase"

"Awful awful awful!

Bought a pair of shoes off an eBay listing. The listing was a Buy It Now and said they had more than 10 pairs available. LIES!

Got my money back but now don't have the shoes I needed for a gift.

Customer service was a bunch of a-holes. Just said we are not perfect and neither are you...

No, but my EBay listings are for things I actually have!

"I tried ordering two items from Altrec last night. The total came to a little over $100 which was fine since there was $350 in my checking account. When I placed the order, Altrec's system said my card was rejected so I logged into my checking account to see 3 separate charges of $109.48. They don't provide 24 hour technical support like Backcountry.com so I went home and slept on it. When I woke up this morning I contacted the company who offered to replace the order.... That would be fine, IF I HAD ANY MONEY LEFT IN MY ACCOUNT. They said the charges will take a few days to fall off my bank account but this horribly inconveniences me until then. Now I've got no money to eat with ect.. I will not do business with this company again, for a company that soley does internet sales you would think they should have a solid technical support system I.E. credit verification and on top of it all they didn't seem to care about my inconvenience. I will stick with Backcountry.com in the future, I'm a year round waiter in our national parks and typically order between $100 - $500 worth of gear every two months and have never had any worries or been anything but satisfied with Backcountry."

"DON'T ORDER FROM HERE! I had the worst experience ever! Ordered a pair of shoes because it was impossible to find them elsewhere, they were a gift for my boyfriend for our 8 yr anniversary and I paid extra for shipping so that they would arrive on time! I got a call from them the next day so I could verify billing info and I DID!!! Everything was set! Date package was supposed to arrive..... IT DID NOT! Called them up and they said...." I AM SORRY IT SEEMS THAT THIS ORDER WAS CANCELLED BECAUSE WE TRIED TO CONTACT YOU MANY TIMES AND YOU DID NOT RESPOND"....

Ummm what!!!!!???? I verified my information!!! But no one made a note of it! Great customer service!!! My anniversary is tomorrow And I of course am now empty handed!! Customer service was rude too... All he said was " well we can place the order again, but other than that there's nothing I can do" asked to speak to a manager and was told " well I don't see how a manager will be able to help you, he'll tell you the same thing I did"

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

MAnager eventually gave me a discount and I won't get my package until end of next week... Perhaps it will be a Christmas present now! I am so upset and disappointed... NEVER AGAIN! UNFORTUNATELY I COULDN'T FIND THE SHOES ANYWHERE ELSE... I rather pay $100 more than deal with Altrec again!

"I found the color and size of parana mens short and got them in two days. Easy to navigate web site. I am happy with Altrek."

Altrec is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Altrec is a merchant member
Altrec participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,909 merchant members.