altrec Reviews - altrec.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.50/10 47 reviews

altrec is not a merchant member
altrec does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"They are saying it is an excuse about some computer hacking, but the truth is, the head honcho is 11 million in debt from his merchants. Say bu-by!

modified review This review was modified by FatJimH on January 27 2014 11:17:07 PM

"In an attempt to do business with a local company, I ordered a garment from Altrec.com on 3 July. By 9 July the item had not been shipped and there was no correspondence from Altrec. I phoned customer service and also emailed asking where my order was. "Very sorry for the delay, blah, blah. The supplier is at fault, blah, blah. By 11 July the item had still not shipped. I sent an email asking that the order be cancelled. On 12 July I phoned my bank to dispute the charge on the credit card and had a three way conversation with bank customer service and Altrec customer service. Altrec said that the item had shipped that day and would arrive on the 15th. It did, but I had requested a return invoice and postage and immediately sent it back to Altrec. The return was received and signed for at 9:35 a.m. on 16 July. It is now the afternoon of 24 July, and there has been no email confirmation nor a redeposit to my account. I contacted the bank yesterday and initiated dispute process. Altrec's failure to communicate, lengthy delays, and failure to follow their own stated policies make them impossible to do business with. I would give them no stars if the option were available."

modified review This review was modified by bloodyawful on July 24 2013 01:45:04 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"I used to like them; they were close so things got here very quickly (Seattle), their prices were (are) great, and everything had a no questions asked return policy.

I bought a pair of shoes that failed on me after very little use. When I bought them I did so only because they offered a lifetime warranty on everything they sell. Well, they changed their policy, and that's fine, but they changed it and if you purchased an item when they had their lifetime warranty you are S.O.L., because they will not honor it.

Unfortunate, but I won't be ordering from them again, as this is inexcusable (and should be illegal).

"I bought a sleeping bag from Altrec.com and discovered that the online product specifications were false and the sleeping bag had exceptionally low quality then the online sleeping bag details. They won't administer a sleeping bag refund because the product was used (even though I only used the product twice) and because it did not come in its original packaging and tags, but the sleeping bag had no tags and the sleeping bag was sent back in its original packaging. When I asked for the sleeping bag to be returned to me since they denied a refund Altrec wanted me to pay another $16 for the mailing fee.

Horrible service. I would highly recommend avoiding doing business with this crooked company to save yourself money and grief.

modified review This review was modified by Chicko on June 28 2013 12:51:36 PM

"Altrec has worst customer service of us retailer business. "

"Gloves I ordered were supposed to ship when the manufacturer sends them to altrec, Representative did not follow through with giving me a new ETA twice after inquiry. They like to blame on the manufacturer and say they don't know when it will ship. On top of this they did not honor a coupon code my brother received in the mail, denying it was ever mailed to us. Coupon was to give $25 off $100, and I was literally interrogated on how I received the coupon. I was asked how I got it, what did I order, and what my email address was so they could invalidate the code. After I told them my brother received a printed coupon with the code on it Sam H denied it. Will never shop with them again. Screw Altrec, you have the worst customer service I have ever experienced."

"Altrec is awesome. I ordered 4 Columbia fleece jackets, two being shipped UPS and two USPS, and they got here on time. I did order kind of late, only days before my wife and kids came back from Brazil. The customer service is the BEST. You can tell there is no one watching them or scoring them, they just tell it like it is."

"I ordered boots that said they were in stock with two day shipping premium paid. It has now been four days, no boots. I sent an email question in, the response received was: "Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure when the order is shipping. Once it does Columbia will send you the shipment confirmation email. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions. Thank you, Jason K"

REALLY???!!! They are obviously not a real store!

"I ordered from Altrec last month (October 2012) and received a defective item. I returned the item with no hassle and they paid for shipping. I wanted to reorder the same item since I got a good price on it but since it was out of stock, they let me pricematch what I paid until it becomes available. I just reordered the item recently and they pricematched the price I paid, just like what they said they would do.

The customer service is very good and they answered all of my questions despite the negative reviews. I've only dealt with the live chat.

I will definitely shop at Altrec again.

"DON'T ORDER FROM HERE! I had the worst experience ever! Ordered a pair of shoes because it was impossible to find them elsewhere, they were a gift for my boyfriend for our 8 yr anniversary and I paid extra for shipping so that they would arrive on time! I got a call from them the next day so I could verify billing info and I DID!!! Everything was set! Date package was supposed to arrive..... IT DID NOT! Called them up and they said...." I AM SORRY IT SEEMS THAT THIS ORDER WAS CANCELLED BECAUSE WE TRIED TO CONTACT YOU MANY TIMES AND YOU DID NOT RESPOND"....

Ummm what!!!!!???? I verified my information!!! But no one made a note of it! Great customer service!!! My anniversary is tomorrow And I of course am now empty handed!! Customer service was rude too... All he said was " well we can place the order again, but other than that there's nothing I can do" asked to speak to a manager and was told " well I don't see how a manager will be able to help you, he'll tell you the same thing I did"

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

MAnager eventually gave me a discount and I won't get my package until end of next week... Perhaps it will be a Christmas present now! I am so upset and disappointed... NEVER AGAIN! UNFORTUNATELY I COULDN'T FIND THE SHOES ANYWHERE ELSE... I rather pay $100 more than deal with Altrec again!

"I found the color and size of parana mens short and got them in two days. Easy to navigate web site. I am happy with Altrek."

"I contacted Altrec to see if the paddle extenders fit on Carlisle kayak paddles. I was assured that they did fit Carlisle kayak paddles so I ordered two.

The do NOT fit Carlisle kayak paddles.

Since Altrec misrepresented this product to me I thought they should be willing to pay for the return shipping costs.

They will NOT cover return shipping costs.

With this same order they shipped me a defective Carlisle kayak paddle. I can fix the paddle, but I will not deal with Altrec again and would advise others to not deal with them either.

modified review This review was modified by sidjohnson on May 04 2012 04:09:03 PM
Philadelphia

"I ordered a Marmot Angel Fire sleeping bag on a Tuesday night. I selected the 2 day shipping for an extra $5, which I think is a great price (Oregon to Pennsylvania). They shipped it out the next morning and I received it on a Friday. I'm glad I didn't check out these ratings beforehand! I won't hesitate shopping with them again. "

"Why is everyone dissing Altrec because they don't pay return shipping? Lots of great stores (REI, evo, e.g.) don't either, and their return policy clearly states this. I'm not saying altrec is a great store (I haven't had to deal with customer service), but I just completed two transactions and got great prices, free shipping, and recieved my items quickly. When buying clothing you always need to read the return policy and factor in the probablilty of a return when considering your cost. Stores that offer free return shipping do have to pass that cost along to the customer somewhere..."

"I made a mistake and indicated I purchased a Sale item as a gift. Altrec makes gift returns/exchanges a labor instensive pain for it's cusotmers. The co. wants gift orders returned, then a credit acct is set up, then you will finally get your refund or exchange several weeks afterwards. I was promised that my sister would not have to pay the "Regular" price, in the end she did.I emailed Altrec, chatted on line and called; then gave up. I will never use them again."