AlibrisCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.41/10 3.41/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"I've made multiple orders through Alibris. They often have the cheapest books with the most reasonable shipping prices. The problem I face nearly every single time is their shipping times. I'll make an order, get the confirmation shortly after, then the next day or two receive an email stating the package has been shipped.
On average it takes the package 1-1/2 to 2 weeks to arrive at my door step in Florida. Now first and foremost, no matter what they will NOT send you tracking information for the package. They'll give you the run around, and when asked directly, they ignore the question. I've tried via email and over the phone. They simply will not send it and refuse to give a reason as to why. This makes no sense to me.
My last few packages I received from them I brought up the tracking from the package itself and I noticed the same near consistent story. The shipping label was made within 24hrs of me making the purchase. But USPS never receives the package until at least 4-7 business days later. Following that, I see the package almost instantly starts moving towards me.

I've always received my book, but shipping is a pain, especially if you're a college student hoping to get your book in a fairly quick yet reasonable manner. 2 weeks is a bit long in comparison to shipping from other companies this day in age.

I will say when you purchase from the vendor on Amazon, pay the extra for Expedited shipping to ensure it gets to you within a week as opposed to the usual 2 week span.

I will say, returns are quick and easy though.

"Every time I;ve ordered from Alibris they cancel because sellers are offering their items on multiple sites and dont take them down. What;s worse is they dont allow for negative feedback on these sellers. Every year for the last decade I've ordered and had items cancelled. I do a lot of online shopping, and youd think Id have learned my lesson. Hopefully, you;ll be smarter. "

modified review This review was modified by Contempt on May 28 2014 09:54:36 AM

"Worst textbook site ever. I purchased a book which I thought was at a really good price. Made sure that with every email and order confirmation I got, everything, including the ISBN matched up. But I recieved the wrong book. They gave me the freakin Internation version of the book, which I couldnt use for my class because the homework problems in the book didnt even match up with the book that I was supposed to have. I got around the problem (borrowing the real problems from a friend), but now when I am trying to sell the book back, no one wants it because its the international version. So I am stuck with the worthless book that I spent too much money for (international books are supposed to be way cheaper). Not to mention, it took around 3 weeks for me to even get the book in the mail, despite several emails I sent them asking what happened. Never buying from this website again!!"

modified review This review was modified by vnfjdioa on May 12 2014 01:46:12 PM

"Easy to find and order. The book I received was in great condition. Very positive experience."

modified review This review was modified by Anna_lopatina on April 26 2014 09:54:20 AM

"Great experience overall! I found every book I wanted at a great price and they were delivered right on time. Would be happy to order again, especially with the coupons!"

modified review This review was modified by mary_lu on April 09 2014 08:16:21 PM

"I've always have good experiences with Alibris, been shopping with them for years now. Normally I order books and they show up in a couple weeks (I'm cheap so I always choose the slow snailmail shipping) but they've always been in perfect condition. There was only ever one time I got something that was damaged, and when I asked Alibris what I should do next, they gave me a full refund, no questions asked. I didn't even have to return the book or talk to the seller or send them pictures or anything! Recently decided I'd try replenishing my music library and order a couple CDs. As I expected, everything is still going great!"

modified review This review was modified by imsomony on April 08 2014 12:24:16 PM

"I had a great experience shopping at Alibris. I ordered a couple of hard to find used books and movies. To my pleasant surprise, everything arrived quickly (1-3 days) and was as described or better condition."

modified review This review was modified by xcarter on April 06 2014 02:18:51 PM

"Terrible experience with Alibris. They messed up my order completely.When I tried to E-mail them, they keep responding with E-mails that have nothing to do with my problem .They have the worst custome service of any Internet company I have ever dealt with."

modified review This review was modified by Ediblejoe on March 10 2014 12:59:28 PM

"I ordered a book for my daughter in medical school. Never received the book or a tracking number from the seller. Now the seller is unavailable and still haven't heard from them or Alibris. NO protection for the buyer. I wish I had read these reviews before ordering and wasting my money. DO NOT USE!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! "

modified review This review was modified by rmdWI on February 12 2014 06:30:32 AM

"Do not buy from Alibris. They scam you. Independent sellers send you wrong books/incomplete fake copies of books. buyer have to pay for return shipping. And if buyer do not have tracking on the package, you are screwed. They will not refund you a penny. Alibris ignores emails. Seller status on the website is "this seller is unavailable" a week after I made my purchase. IT IS A MESS. Goto Amazon, they are the best."

modified review This review was modified by Davstrong on February 07 2014 07:22:15 AM

"I would never use Alibris again. Their website is really user-unfriendly. I finally succeeded in placing an order and received an order confirmatio. a few hours later my order was cancelled because they didn't have the item in stock. I would have thought that in this day and age their system should be able to provide stock information before placing an order. Really disappointed!"

modified review This review was modified by nplin on January 30 2014 01:25:12 AM

"Be warned, Alibris sellers who ship you the wrong or damaged or mislabeled item will not refund you the cost it takes to ship back to them. Alibris will offer you a 3 dollar coupon for your next purchase to be used within a month. They suggest you use delivery confirmation on orders over 100$, but you otherwise rely on the honesty of the seller, who has already misrepresented things. 3$ coupon to spend more on 5$+ return (with delivery confirmation), when you don't want to purchase a different item and just want to break even on their error."

modified review This review was modified by booklover4vr on January 24 2014 07:28:16 AM

"I would not shop here again. I purchased book 3 weeks before class and received confirmation email. When I returned from vacation expecting my book, it was not here and after waiting for a reply, the night before class started I found out it was "canceled". No reason one, just an "error". No email stating this, nothing. No offer to resolve either, I was just told to reorder. Oh, but I was given a refund. Gee, thanks."

modified review This review was modified by mom2reds on January 13 2014 05:18:47 AM

"Another unhappy customer. Alibis failed to deliver my order on their committed date. Now 5 days past due, and their response is (and I paraphrase) "if you don't have it in 30 days send us a note." No sense of customer service.

**Update 12-30-13: Finally got a reply from the merchant. Despite their written confirmation of the order, charge to my CC and shipping acknowledgement, THEY NOW CLAIM THEY NEVER SENT THE PRODUCT! Isn't that illegal?

modified review This review was modified by Framemaker on December 30 2013 06:00:41 AM

"After my previous misadventure with Alibris more than 4 years ago, I thought I would try them again based on a strong recommendation by toptenreviews.com. However I ran into the same problems I had before. Two days after ordering a book, I received and email that the seller did not have stock for the book that I ordered. I returned to Alibris, checked the for the same book and found it for sale by the same seller. What? I sent an email to the seller and Alibris about the problem. When I did not hear from them, I ordered the book through Amazon. A few days later, I received a email from Alibris that the book which the seller could not supply had been shipped. What? Again, I contacted the seller and Alibris. This time I received a reply. To their credit, Alibris followed up with an apology and offered a 20% discount on a future purchase. While this is more than they offered when they messed up my order 4 years ago (which was nothing - did not even reply to my email), they must know that it is most unlikely that I will take them up on the order. I direct this to the sellers that are dealing with Alibris - I will not deal with Alibris nor any vendor that partners with Alibris. I will actively discourage anyone from using Alibris and their partners until such time as Alibris starts demonstrating that they are improving their service. Until then, expect the level of service that they have demonstrated over the last several years."

Alibris is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Alibris is not a merchant member
Alibris does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!