AlibrisCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.17/10 1.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.75/10 0.75/10

"Really terrible company.

I ordered a book, which in fairness was very competitively priced. Next day I received confirmation the product had been sent. So far so good. Then four days later I received a cancellation email. I enquired when I would receive the money back and I was informed that it had happened, but upon checking my bank statement I have had nothing back. I asked my bank to look into it and they have asked for details in order to trace the transaction.

Alibris customer service refuse to give any details to trace the transaction, but just send one line emails "assuring" me the transaction is fully complete, but nothing substantial to help trace the refund, if indeed it was ever sent.

They thank me for shopping with them. It should thank me for donating instead.

A really awful experience. I would heartily recommend against using them

modified review This review was modified by borkha on January 27 2015 07:53:05 AM

"First and last time I'll ever purchase from this crap site. I received 1 out of the 2 books I paid for. The one that I received wasn't cared for and just thrown into a plastic packing bag. The second one I never received because they refunded me without first telling me why. I was confused because the email said it was "Shipped." I then emailed them asking why i got a refund when I didn't ask for one. They said they were "Out of stock" for this textbook. Why would it be "shipped" if it was "out of stock"? Very disappointed. If you want to be disappointed and receive mistreated textbooks, order on Alibris "

"I ordered the book at a price of $16. My order was cancelled because they said that the book was no longer available. Book was immediately available for purchase but now at $129. Fortunately I was available to find it elsewhere for a price close to the original price."

"Paid $43.99 for a book that I never received. Possible mistake but that's enough for me to stay very far away from Alibris. "

modified review This review was modified by aldososa on January 19 2015 10:56:03 PM

"I order The Dragon in the Library for my niece from this website. Ordering was easy and you couldn't beat the price $0.99. It wasn't until I got to the checkout that I realized that I wasn't ordering the book from Alibris, but one of their many booksellers. The folks that I ordered from are Silver Arch Books, and they are a 5 star seller on Alibris. My experience was fabulous. The book arrived as it was described in 5 days. For people who had a bad experience I wonder if they checked the rating of the store they bought it from...it did notice a few sellers on Alibris who had pretty low ratings, a great indicator to stay away from those folks."

modified review This review was modified by BartBen on January 12 2015 08:13:20 AM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.

They take your money and then don't send the item.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

"I purchased several books and a DVD from Alibris in early December. I found a great deal on the DVD for only $1 +S/H, and several of the books were consolidated from a single seller which saved some $ on the ship cost. All of the items arrived within 10 days and in great condition even though some were used copies!
It looks like the www.alibris.com website has been redesigned since I ordered and I look forward to buying from Alibris again on the new website.

"I've bought CDs, books and DVDs from this site and I've always been pleased with the items received. I've found that most sellers on the website are responsive if you get something you're not happy with. I like that they always seem to have coupons available and that you can also get free shipping on larger orders. "

"I've been an Alibris customer for over 4 years. I've placed over 30 orders in that time. My items always arrive within the time frame quoted, often earlier. The selection is terrific and I can always find something within the price range I want. I've purchased books mostly but also a few CD's and DVD's.

I've rarely needed to contact customer service and when I have, I have received prompt and courteous responses. They recently updated the site and I like the new design.

modified review This review was modified by AandOsDad on December 22 2014 10:00:35 PM

"I ordered three books at the end of November and requested standard post. I have received two of the books in less than 5 days from date of order, very fast and in the condition described. Although I am still waiting for the third I am not yet concerned about its delivery as it is coming from the east coast and I live on the west coast. The site was easy to search and I noticed an improvement with the check-out cart from the last time I shopped, simplified and the coupon was easy to find. This time I actually took a few minutes in the rare book room and I enjoyed reading the Bookselling, book care, & book collecting articles."

modified review This review was modified by chrizpy on December 09 2014 04:46:27 PM

"I will NEVER BUY from this place again ! Was shipped on the 27 of November . I still have NOT gotten it yet . They told me to contact them after 20 days ! What the hell did they ship it by ? A damn mule and wagon . I order this as a gift . Well , to late for that . Hell who knows , they might be bringing it to me on a bicycle . "

modified review This review was modified by bsa1971 on December 07 2014 05:47:04 PM

"I read these reviews and was surprised. I am a loyal buyer and my most recent purchase - The Lost Cat - arrived in 4 days, in perfect condition and it was cheaper at Alibris than any other place. "

"I ordered a textbook that was listed as hardcover. What was shipped was a code for an e-textbook that only gave access to the electronic book for a fixed period of time (either six months or a year, I don't remember which since I shipped the item back immediately). I just received an email saying my return was denied. They engaged in fraud though selling an item not properly categorizing the "book" and subsequently not accepting a return for the wrongly categorized and misrepresented item. Even better, the email had no explanation, only a subject heading stating "Return denied" Now have to go through my credit card to dispute the charge."

modified review This review was modified by ChrisC81 on November 21 2014 09:30:41 PM

"Do not, I repeat do not order from this site!!! This has got to be the worse experience I've ever had w any site in my entire life!!! I'm a student-recvd the instructor copy of a book. The book was of no use for me. They description mentioned nothng of it being the teachers copy. It took 4 months and about 40 emails before I was finally able to get a refund for this book. The customer service sucks! You can't call and speak w anyone. This experience makes me now skeptical of ordering from "sellers"."

"If you are considering purchasing your books through this site, then make sure you order at least 3 weeks in advance so you might have book by the time class starts. True story: ordered a book on the 24th, message 25th it shipped, email to alibris on the 30th asking why tracking number didn't work, email back from alibris on OCT 1, "book has reached the shipping facility and you can expect it in 2-14 days", check tracking number again and see the package entered into system OCT 1 for shipping estimated time of deliver 2-14 days. Price difference between website and book store: $30. Bottom line: Order elsewhere or buy local. The price difference is not worth it."

Alibris is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Alibris is not a merchant member
Alibris does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!