AlibrisCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.44/10 3.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.44/10 3.44/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.31/10 2.31/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10

"I have ordered from them a few times. No more. At least half the time the order is cancelled days if not a week after the order is placed. It just happened again. Customer lost. Order 56195630 direct to company placed 2/26/15. cancelled by company on 3/1/15. "

"Some few months ago I bought books online from Alibris. So far I have received only one. Upon inquiring about the long dely, I got this response from them:

"I'm sorry to hear that your order (55128195-1) has not arrived. Likely, it has become lost in the mail. Unfortunately, we are not able to issue a refund on orders more than 90 days after the shipment date.

I would like to assure you that the instance of shipments lost in the mail is rare. However, you may want to contact your local Post Office to inquire about any known delivery problems.

If I can be of further assistance please write back.

Best regards,
Farhan Shaikh
Alibris Client Services
Monsoon Commerce

So, I bought something and when it does not reach me I have to got all out by myself to the local Post Office. How am I expected to do that when I don't even know the tracking number of the item? I paid for the item and the postal charges but still receive this kind of service. It's really annoying.

"I ordered a textbook from Alibris at a great price. The seller was from out of country and the expected delivery date was over a month away. However, the book came in just under 2 weeks in perfect condition.
I'm very happy with Alibris.

"Warning! Do not buy from this website unless you like to take a gamble with your money. You may or may not receive your order and if not, there is no customer service. Obviously I did not receive my book. The tracking number result was "no such tracking number found". If you find a phone # and try to call Alibris or the actual seller, Slategray, in this case, you will NOT be able to talk to a live person. You only get a somewhat arrogant recorded message telling that you can only use the "form" on the website to contact them and you have no record of your correspondence.

In addition, they tell you to send ONLY ONE email otherwise you will be put at the back of the line! Seriously? They had my money via PayPal, I had no book, no shipment tracking, and no way to contact a live person. And then they had the gall to send me an email and ask if I would like to order another book! Hah! Never, never, never!

When I finally received an email response to my contact via website form, basically all it said was "I believe everything will be ok" and was signed as follows:

Thanks for your patience, and for shopping with us!
Regards,
Gaurang Patel
Alibris Client Services
Monsoon Commerce

modified review This review was modified by Gramx3 on February 03 2015 05:40:23 AM

"Really terrible company.

I ordered a book, which in fairness was very competitively priced. Next day I received confirmation the product had been sent. So far so good. Then four days later I received a cancellation email. I enquired when I would receive the money back and I was informed that it had happened, but upon checking my bank statement I have had nothing back. I asked my bank to look into it and they have asked for details in order to trace the transaction.

Alibris customer service refuse to give any details to trace the transaction, but just send one line emails "assuring" me the transaction is fully complete, but nothing substantial to help trace the refund, if indeed it was ever sent.

They thank me for shopping with them. It should thank me for donating instead.

A really awful experience. I would heartily recommend against using them

modified review This review was modified by borkha on January 27 2015 07:53:05 AM

"First and last time I'll ever purchase from this crap site. I received 1 out of the 2 books I paid for. The one that I received wasn't cared for and just thrown into a plastic packing bag. The second one I never received because they refunded me without first telling me why. I was confused because the email said it was "Shipped." I then emailed them asking why i got a refund when I didn't ask for one. They said they were "Out of stock" for this textbook. Why would it be "shipped" if it was "out of stock"? Very disappointed. If you want to be disappointed and receive mistreated textbooks, order on Alibris "

"I ordered the book at a price of $16. My order was cancelled because they said that the book was no longer available. Book was immediately available for purchase but now at $129. Fortunately I was available to find it elsewhere for a price close to the original price."

"Paid $43.99 for a book that I never received. Possible mistake but that's enough for me to stay very far away from Alibris. "

modified review This review was modified by aldososa on January 19 2015 10:56:03 PM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.

They take your money and then don't send the item.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

"I've bought CDs, books and DVDs from this site and I've always been pleased with the items received. I've found that most sellers on the website are responsive if you get something you're not happy with. I like that they always seem to have coupons available and that you can also get free shipping on larger orders. "

"I've been an Alibris customer for over 4 years. I've placed over 30 orders in that time. My items always arrive within the time frame quoted, often earlier. The selection is terrific and I can always find something within the price range I want. I've purchased books mostly but also a few CD's and DVD's.

I've rarely needed to contact customer service and when I have, I have received prompt and courteous responses. They recently updated the site and I like the new design.

modified review This review was modified by AandOsDad on December 22 2014 10:00:35 PM

"I ordered three books at the end of November and requested standard post. I have received two of the books in less than 5 days from date of order, very fast and in the condition described. Although I am still waiting for the third I am not yet concerned about its delivery as it is coming from the east coast and I live on the west coast. The site was easy to search and I noticed an improvement with the check-out cart from the last time I shopped, simplified and the coupon was easy to find. This time I actually took a few minutes in the rare book room and I enjoyed reading the Bookselling, book care, & book collecting articles."

modified review This review was modified by chrizpy on December 09 2014 04:46:27 PM

"I will NEVER BUY from this place again ! Was shipped on the 27 of November . I still have NOT gotten it yet . They told me to contact them after 20 days ! What the hell did they ship it by ? A damn mule and wagon . I order this as a gift . Well , to late for that . Hell who knows , they might be bringing it to me on a bicycle . "

modified review This review was modified by bsa1971 on December 07 2014 05:47:04 PM

"I read these reviews and was surprised. I am a loyal buyer and my most recent purchase - The Lost Cat - arrived in 4 days, in perfect condition and it was cheaper at Alibris than any other place. "

"Book not as described. Return was processed."

modified review This review was modified by ChrisC81 on February 25 2015 06:35:17 PM

Share Alibris's store rating

Alibris is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Alibris is not a merchant member
Alibris does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!