Stores > Alibris

Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2016-07-20

Company lacks integrity

"I agree with everyone that has written a negative review. As a first time customer, I asked for a coupon and was told a coupon would be applied to my order, but not how much it would be.

When I replied that I would only buy the book when I knew the amount I was paying for it. Didn't hear from the agent I had been working with. Someone else emailed me and took back the offer.

Not honoring the offer of a coupon has caused me to view this company as dishonest and lacking integrity.

I will not bother with them again.

2016-04-11

Watch out!

"This is specifically for the seller on Alibris called TunesALIBRIS. I have ordered from them several times and three times they have played games with me. I ordered a CD from them on March 30; Alibris claimed it was shipped on that day. The projected delivery date was April 8 at the latest. I got no tracking number on this order, even tho I ordered another CD from them on March 28, for which I got a tracking number. I should say that this company claims they are in New Jersey (on Amazon they say 5 locations in NJ and more in Maryland) and I am in upstate NY. Other orders I have received from them have come in maximum 5 days from ordering. I waited until April 6th (one week from supposed shipping) before emailing them and asking for tracking number. Never received reply. Waited until April 8th before contacting Alibris, informing them of poor service. Got form email back saying they were refunding my shipping, but to wait until 20 days from day item shipped before requesting refund (if item had not arrived). DID get item on April 11, complete with tracking number. Of course I ran it. The CD actually shipped on April 8 (day supposed to get here), not March 30 as claimed. This is the third time this company has been deceitful, and where I come from, three strikes and you are out. I will not buy from them again.There are other feedbacks on this seller at Alibris where other buyers never even got their items, and had to work hard to get refunds. Think twice before you order."

2016-03-16

Added shipping and handling fees

"Extra fees were added to my invoice that were not originally disclosed. Customer Service is terrible. From my experience Alibris can be a scummy company."

2016-01-07

"I was a bookseller on Alibris and cancelled my account due to their lack of customer service. I sold a book and sent it to the customer. I then received an email from Alibris that the order was cancelled and they refunded the customers money because it wasn't shipped on time. It was shipped on time, I have the post office receipt to prove it. I contacted Alibris customer service to have them address the error and not cancel the order. They told me it was my fault and if I wanted money for the book that I had to contact the customer and have her pay for the book again on Alibris.
I was so offended. Why do I pay a yearly fee to sell on Alibris if they are going to blame their errors on me and as a customer I would be upset if someone outside of the company I bought from contacted me and asked me to pay for an item again. This is not good business tactics. Horrible service. Alibri's has not contacted me in response to my second inquiry in this matter.

2015-12-18

"Alibris is deceitful. I have used it a number of times but each time have issues with shipping costs. They claim that there is a choice of shipping at checkout, but have not seen it yet. Shipping is always marked up from what the seller would charge (and seller has no control of shipping costs) and so Alibris makes a tidy profit. If transaction is cancelled, has to be done directly through seller who may then be penalised. Have to concur with most of other negative comments."

2015-09-29

"I have sent numerous emails, no response. I was given a tracking number that tracks nothing. I still don't have the books I ordered. They had no problem taking my $160 but actually getting the book is not happening. Now I have to buy a book from someone else and pay for expedited shipping."

This review was modified by TSHenry on September 29 2015 04:44:47 PM

2015-09-21

"Horrible! They sent me an email one day after I placed my order that my book had been shipped and I would get it within 4-14 days. When I asked them for a tracking number, I got a rude one-liner response: "Order in process". After reading their reviews online I had little hope I would actually be receiving my book. And I was right. After waiting 2 weeks I asked them about the whereabouts of my order and they said: "We ship it within 48 hours of order via USPS First call mail. It take 4-14
days. If still not deliver then might be lost. Can we reship it or process
refund". I asked for a refund and two days later they replied with the SAME generic email again! It was only today, 3 weeks after my order was placed that I finally got the refund confirmation from them: "We process refund". That was it! No attempts at any explanation about what went wrong and completely unapologetic! I will never be doing business with them again and advise you to also STAY AWAY!

This review was modified by Mtalha on September 21 2015 04:14:19 AM

2015-09-03

"I received a book that I never ordered. I do not know, yet, where they charged me but I will have to change my account numbers. I do not appreciate a company selling me and charging me for something that I did not buy. This is going to be reported to LifeLock.

Jeff.

2015-09-01

"I am very disappointed with Alibris. My husband and I are in the same class and we ordered two textbooks 2 weeks before school started. We received a confirmation email and were told that it would take 5-16 days and that we would receive another email when they shipped. Here we are, 14 days later, without any email confirmation of shipment. We looked at our bank statement and realized that we were refunded two amounts equal to what we paid for the books, but we never received any kind of notification that our order was cancelled or that our books weren't going to be shipped. We have a reading assignment from our book tonight and we do not have access to the textbook.

To make matters worse, the only "customer service" options Alibris has is email. If you call the telephone number, all you get is an automated response. I am very frustrated with Alibris' service.

This review was modified by Rbstewart on September 01 2015 10:52:20 AM

2015-08-24

"I ordered a few times from Alibris. I had problems with their delivery times. The last order I placed, 57124118, is one month into it and still there is no word on when it will be delivered. The excuse I received is that, since it comes from a bookseller in England, delivery takes much longer. This is close to absurd in this day and age, when Amazon delivers overnight on Sundays. Another problem is that this kind of delay was not apparent in the book or seller description at the time I placed the order. It only surfaced a few days later when I inquired why my order showed as "pending" (it still does).
This is a textbook for a class, so delivery times are important. Classes already started and I still don't have the book. I had to buy it again at the college bookstore, new. I asked for a refund but haven't heard yet.
Unfortunately this is not my first bad experience with Alibris. I will never order again from this company and I don't recommend it to anyone else.

UPDATE 8/24/2015-
I emailed Alibris and they responded that they will refund my paypal payment in full. The emai came within hours and I am very appreciative of the speed of resolution. I will update customer service overall rating from 2 to 4 stars.

This review was modified by rxex on August 24 2015 09:20:42 AM

2015-08-05

"Alibris charged my credit card 7 times for the same transaction, their customer service has been unresponsive. To top it off, they couldn't provide a shipping method that I requested and have done nothing to rectify the situation. This company is irresponsible and clearly unwilling to provide proper customer service. I will never buy anything from here again and I suggest that anyone use any other ecommerce site for what you're looking for besides this one. They have hurt my credit, caused interest to unnecessarily build and have been unresponsive. Just terrible."

2015-07-29

"Just used Alibris for the first time and was quite impressed. Was looking for an out-of-print book, typed in the author name and found several available copies. The order took a few minutes to process. Received the book in less than a week. Thanks Alibris!"

This review was modified by mood_ring on July 29 2015 03:01:52 PM

2015-07-29

"Ordered a book that was described as "Very Good". Received the book and the spine was broken and the corner was bent on a Hard Cover book.. Company issued a refund.. thank you"

This review was modified by meistert on August 01 2015 06:50:26 PM

2015-07-28

"I ordered 3 books and 1 movie on Alibris.com. They had the lowest price on books and on the movie. After reading some reviews, I was a bit concerned but after doing additional research, I found that Alibris has been around since 1999 and few of my friends told me about them recently. I placed the order and received it in few days. No issues with my order at all."

2015-07-20

"I just recently bought two movies on Alibris by a seller called Newtownvideo; Animal House and A Beautiful Mind. I saved a little on freight because the two movies were from the same seller. I was surprised that the movies got to me as fast as they did. I would buy from this seller again.
http://www.alibris.com/stores/newtown1 I have included a link to their storefront.

This review was modified by stevenlori on July 20 2015 05:17:58 PM

Share Alibris's store rating

Alibris is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Alibris is not a merchant member
Alibris does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!