AlibrisCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.77/10 0.77/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.04/10 1.04/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"If you are considering purchasing your books through this site, then make sure you order at least 3 weeks in advance so you might have book by the time class starts. True story: ordered a book on the 24th, message 25th it shipped, email to alibris on the 30th asking why tracking number didn't work, email back from alibris on OCT 1, "book has reached the shipping facility and you can expect it in 2-14 days", check tracking number again and see the package entered into system OCT 1 for shipping estimated time of deliver 2-14 days. Price difference between website and book store: $30. Bottom line: Order elsewhere or buy local. The price difference is not worth it."

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE...

I had two requests...

First request: shipping inquiry (email request sent on 9/9 and didn't get the response until 9/13). Their auto reply stated that I'd get a response within 24hrs.

Second request: After my purchase, an email confirmation was received immediately. On the same day in the afternoon, I received another email confirmation stated that the PURCHASE HAS BEEN SHIPPED OUT via USPS mail. A week after, I received another email indicating that my ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELLED because the book is NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

It makes absolutely no sense that this company would charge my credit card and confirm the order has been shipped then tell me A WEEK LATER that THEY don't even have the book.

On 9/16, I sent an email expressing dissatisfaction and their auto reply said they'd respond in 24hrs. But, no response until 9/22. Bottom line=they never shipped out the book as confirmed, they lied, and cannot be trusted.

modified review This review was modified by BookApple on September 29 2014 05:28:18 PM

"Do not order from this site. After 2 weeks of not receiving my shipment I contacted alibris to tell them my item hadn't arrived. It took them another week to say that they were out of the book all along. They issued a refund but I needed the book for a lesson plan and now I have to start over"

"While the prices are decent, the experience has been horrible. I ordered three textbooks for my PhD through them, from two different stores. One of the bookstores attached a tracking code for its shipment, the other did not. I tried getting a hold of someone during office hours but nobody answered the phone because "they were closed" (so the automated message said), so I left a message on the website. I got contacted a week later telling me exactly what I already knew: that one of the shipments had a tracking number and that I had received it (two weeks after I ordered it), and that there was no way for them to track the other shipment because there was no tracking number associated to it. Well, thanks for nothing, really. Next week will be a month since I ordered my three books; I am still waiting for two of them and in the meantime falling behind in my assignments. I will not be doing business with Alibris again and I will not recommend it to any of my peers."

Alibris User

"First of all, I have to post my review here because Alibris.com only allows a certain number of characters and would not accept my negative review. Secondly, I will never EVER recommend alibris.com to anyone searching for a text book. EVER. In fact, if someone were to ask me where not to order textbooks, I would say alibris.com. I ordered my one book on August 27th and received it September 10th. The shipping said the absolute latest day would be September 5th. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT order from Alibris even if you have a coupon. Not worth it. "

Alibris User

"Do not use this company. Ordered a book which did not arrive. Offered a refund, but for some unexplained reason, they refunded me less than the original cost of the book. No competent customer service in place. Avoid"

Alibris User

"This is the most distrustful site to shop. I bought a text from them and never deliver, whenever I contact them for a refund my only answer is that the text is in a mail coming so no refund. Until I receive the said text and returned back no refund for me. I had to spend another money to get the text from another source. Please dont do no business with them unless you wants to throw you money away...like I did."

"I was extremely disappointed that I purposefully ordered several books from several sources in order to consolidate freight charges and was still charged 2.99 to 3.99 freight for each 99 cent book I ordered. $2.97 for three books and $9.97 for the freight. I cancelled the order and will not be ordering from this website again. They say they don't do this but they sure did."

"I placed my order through alibris.com and had no idea that they were going to pawn my order off onto textbookx.com. I ordered the latest version of an intermediate accounting book (15th edition, 2014) and the one they sent me could be purchased elsewhere for $23 (I paid $204) because it is such an old edition. I received the 2nd edition of the book that was written in 2007 (what colleges even use a 2007 book these days?). The packing slip from textbookx.com that came with the book showed that what I ordered from Alibris was what was shipped. However, textbookx.com customer service emailed me back stating that I had ordered the one that they actually did ship me. When I initiated a return through their site, I was given a $3.00 coupon off a future purchase (I will never purchase from them again, so that coupon was useless) and would be responsible for return shipping although they shipped the wrong book. I called the phone number that Visa gave me for Alibris and it was a recording! I disputed the charge and I refuse to pay for the wrong book or return it unless they provide me with a prepaid return shipping label. Lousy company, lousy service, stay far, far away from them!"

"Terrible experience with this incompetent website. They advertise books that they don't even have in stock. I placed an order for a book which failed to arrive after a fortnight, I went on holiday for a further two weeks and it still hadn't arrived. I contacted the company who offered a refund with no explanation of the problem. The refund never reached my account, I chased them up and they issued me with an email that a refund would be issued but could take up to two weeks processing. Surely in this day and age, with all the online retail competition for selling books, this poor level of service is just unacceptable."

modified review This review was modified by zane-27212 on July 30 2014 04:51:33 AM

"I've made multiple orders through Alibris. They often have the cheapest books with the most reasonable shipping prices. The problem I face nearly every single time is their shipping times. I'll make an order, get the confirmation shortly after, then the next day or two receive an email stating the package has been shipped.
On average it takes the package 1-1/2 to 2 weeks to arrive at my door step in Florida. Now first and foremost, no matter what they will NOT send you tracking information for the package. They'll give you the run around, and when asked directly, they ignore the question. I've tried via email and over the phone. They simply will not send it and refuse to give a reason as to why. This makes no sense to me.
My last few packages I received from them I brought up the tracking from the package itself and I noticed the same near consistent story. The shipping label was made within 24hrs of me making the purchase. But USPS never receives the package until at least 4-7 business days later. Following that, I see the package almost instantly starts moving towards me.

I've always received my book, but shipping is a pain, especially if you're a college student hoping to get your book in a fairly quick yet reasonable manner. 2 weeks is a bit long in comparison to shipping from other companies this day in age.

I will say when you purchase from the vendor on Amazon, pay the extra for Expedited shipping to ensure it gets to you within a week as opposed to the usual 2 week span.

I will say, returns are quick and easy though.

"Every time I;ve ordered from Alibris they cancel because sellers are offering their items on multiple sites and dont take them down. What;s worse is they dont allow for negative feedback on these sellers. Every year for the last decade I've ordered and had items cancelled. I do a lot of online shopping, and youd think Id have learned my lesson. Hopefully, you;ll be smarter. "

modified review This review was modified by Contempt on May 28 2014 09:54:36 AM

"Worst textbook site ever. I purchased a book which I thought was at a really good price. Made sure that with every email and order confirmation I got, everything, including the ISBN matched up. But I recieved the wrong book. They gave me the freakin Internation version of the book, which I couldnt use for my class because the homework problems in the book didnt even match up with the book that I was supposed to have. I got around the problem (borrowing the real problems from a friend), but now when I am trying to sell the book back, no one wants it because its the international version. So I am stuck with the worthless book that I spent too much money for (international books are supposed to be way cheaper). Not to mention, it took around 3 weeks for me to even get the book in the mail, despite several emails I sent them asking what happened. Never buying from this website again!!"

modified review This review was modified by vnfjdioa on May 12 2014 01:46:12 PM

"Easy to find and order. The book I received was in great condition. Very positive experience."

modified review This review was modified by Anna_lopatina on April 26 2014 09:54:20 AM

"Great experience overall! I found every book I wanted at a great price and they were delivered right on time. Would be happy to order again, especially with the coupons!"

modified review This review was modified by mary_lu on April 09 2014 08:16:21 PM

Alibris is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Alibris is not a merchant member
Alibris does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!