• AJ Madison

• Address: 3605 13th Ave. Brooklyn, NY
    • Contact: sales@ajmadison.com
    • Phone: 800-570-3355
    • Business Hours: Mon - Tues: 9:00 am - 6:00 pmWed: 9:00 am - 8:00 pmThurs: 9:00 am - 6:00 pmFri: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
    • Fax: 800-570-7805

Product & services pricing Rating 6.37/10 6.37/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.49/10 3.49/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.01/10 3.01/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10

"Ordered a hood vent from AJ Madison for my new kitchen, 12 days after I placed the order through their website I never received and shipment confirmation and notification informing of a potential delay. When I emailed their customer support I was informed that the hood vent had been out of stock and that was the reason for the delay, but they conveniently had it and would be shipping it out on the day same day I followed up with them. My gut is that someone in their shipping department missed my order in their system and it went unnoticed until I followed up.

Once the item was shipped (12 days after I originally placed the order) I received the item in 3 business days. All in all I'm happy and would purchase from them in future if needed, but I wonder if I'd still be waiting for the hood if had not followed up with their customer service.

"Hi!

I am writing to voice my extreme displeasure with your company thus far and I have not even received my appliances yet. These appliances were ordered on 02/14/2015. Then several days later, I received a very unclear e-mail stating that an item was backordered. I did not realize this would delay the entire order - delaying our construction process completely. I had to call myself to figure this out. I then did not receive a confirmation e-mail of shipping and had to call myself once I checked online to see that they had shipped LAST WEEK - after a 2/14 order - with no notification. I was sent a confirmation e-mail after calling myself to get it and was told they typically arrive in 7-10 days. Today is the 10th day - and yet I have NO appliances, but a bill in the mail two days ago for goods I do not have. I am sitting eating dinner with my family at 7:00 on a Friday night (tonight) and receive a phone call from your contracted company, AM Trucking, that my appliances will be here Monday at 8am-12pm - when I am at work and have already planned things to do because I had not yet heard from your company or your contract company. I now must find emergency coverage for my work as a cardiac nurse to make this delivery happen. This is purely unacceptable. I was drawn to your company by your ease of online ordering, carrying of specialty appliances, prices, and free shipping; however, this order has cost me more in delays and time missed from work. I wish I would have ordered from my local company and paid the $300.00 shipping and taken a gamble on their special order process because in fact all I have done is gamble with your business. I now have a bill amounting to $3400 and some change and NO goods. I sure do hope these appliances arrive in pristine condition on Monday. I have serious doubts about your company and probably will not order again and would encourage others not to do so, if this is not rectified with appliances in perfect condition.

Frustratingly,

Courtney Claycomb-Colbert

UPDATE: I did recieve appliances in great condition and the delivery people were very polite; however, I have still yet to here any feedback on the e-mail above I sent to AJ Madison on 03/20/2015. This just further confirms the utter lack of ability to communicate from your company and confirming my choice to no longer order products from your company. Lord forbid I have a problem once these having these appliances after installation, for I fear I will never hear from your company again.

"sucked still do not have my purchase been almost a month
what a joke, worst service ever

"Horrible Customer Service!!!!!! 3 weeks after I paid for the item and I still don't have it. I have been on the phone for over 1 hour and they just keep transferring me to different reps and placing me on hold. At one point, I was on hod for over 20 minutes and I had to hang up and call back."

"Great customer service, super fast delivery! Would definitely buy from them again and again!"

"Awesome experience with AJMadison. My friend advised me to look for this site."

"Took a chance and ordered a new stove with double oven without seeing it. I was very pleased from the customer service to delivery. Arrived just as expected and love it!"

"Ordering was easy, price was great for a new front loader Whirlpool washer, delivery was 11 days later. Arrived in perfect condition at the expected time. Would use them again."

"Not delivered in time frame indicated on site. Had to cancel order."

"Very easy process. Shipped quickly."

"The on-line ordering experience was fine. They had the item I was seeking at a good price. My only complaint is that I don't have the gas range i ordered on March 10th and today is the 24th. Seems like enough time to get the range unless it was not in stock. They didn't say."

"I placed an order with AJ Madison, I received an initial confirmation email and I even called their customer service department to confirm my order. I was told that my order would ship in about 7 business days, however, I never received a follow up email with delivery date or time, so I was not allowed to plan for delivery.

AJ Madison charged my account, then the charge went away. I was under the assumption that my order was cancelled or never shipped. I went ahead and purchase another item from a local big box store (same item was cheaper from big box store), to later find out that AJ Madison already shipped the item. The only reason I found out that it was shipped was because I called the customer service dept to ask them.

When I asked to cancel the order, I was told I would have to pay a 30% restock fee and two shipping charges of $155 each. This means I would only get $117 back of my $609 original purchase. That is a complete rip off! I decided to have the item delivered anyway and I will be selling it on Craigslist in order to get more than $117 back on the item.

It's sad because as a real estate investor, I purchased several items from AJ Madison over the last few years and now this experience will prevent me from ever shopping with them or recommending them to all of my colleagues.

- Poor communication
- Poor customer service assistance
- Slow delivery/shipping times
- Big Box stores prices are about equal and there's better overall service

So long AJ Madison!!!

"good price delivered when they said it was going to be"

"Misrepresented availability of item, did not contact me that item was backordered nor when it would be available. Had to figure this all out myself and call and cancel, delaying my ability to order from another supplier."

"Product had marred and chipped paint and bent housing"

Share AJ Madison's store rating

AJ Madison is a Merchant Member! Learn more

AJ Madison is a merchant member
AJ Madison participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,841 merchant members.