• AJ Madison

• Address: 3605 13th Ave. Brooklyn, NY
    • Contact: sales@ajmadison.com
    • Phone: 800-570-3355
    • Business Hours: Mon - Tues: 9:00 am - 6:00 pmWed: 9:00 am - 8:00 pmThurs: 9:00 am - 6:00 pmFri: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
    • Fax: 800-570-7805

Product & services pricing Rating 6.72/10 6.72/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.04/10 4.04/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.72/10 3.72/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.35/10 3.35/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.58/10 2.58/10

"It was supposed to be delivered by today. It did not arrive. You guys suck. It's been over two weeks. "

"I had seen your advertisement but was leery of spending more than $2000 on an unknown business. But after checking with some friends and some internet investigating I was willing to take the chance. I am extremely pleased with the outcome. I will recommend you to all of my friends need appliances. Thank You. Terry"

" have to say that I'm outright FLOORED by the great customer service at AJ Madison. I had a complex case - a manufacturing flaw - and AJ Madison went far above and beyond on making things right for me. I wholeheartedly recommend AJ Madison - they might have had customer service problems in the past (see other reviews), but their management clearly noticed and made a turnaround.

My story: I wanted to buy a professional-grade gas range. It's a very expensive item; I thought about buying it locally - but every local dealer gave me a quote that was $1500 more than what AJ Madison ended up costing me (including taxes / delivery fees). So I went with AJ Madison. I placed the order on the phone; my sales rep was very polite, gave me an expected wait time (4 weeks) and the delivery of the range happened right around that timeframe.

When the range arrived, however, and I opened it up to inspect it, I noticed severe manufacturing defects. It had meaningful rusting. Suffice it to say, i wasn't happy - a newly delivered multi-thousand dollar range is not supposed to have rust.

Since this is a manufacturing defect, I went on to contact the manufacturer (American Range) to get the range replaced. They were very rude and arrogant - ignored me for days; I kept escalating - customer service rep, service manager, plant general manager, VP of sales, and finally, CEO. All of them said that this rusting is a "cosmetic issue" (right near the powerful burners! clearly cosmetic!..) and refused to do anything about it.

I called AJ Madison. My rep escalated the issue to her boss. The boss said that AJ Madison *will replace the range at their own expense* - even though they couldn't get the manufacturer to budge either.

I was floored. They did exactly as they said. 4 weeks later, a brand new range appeared at my doorstep. They hauled away the defective one. No arguing, no BS. They stood 100% behind their product. Really admirable.

"I ordered my product online and was surprised to have it delivered so quickly. AJ Madison kept in contact with me until I received my order. They are truly customer oriented and I would highly recommend them."

"Very Smooth. Just wish there is an ability to know if an item is in their inventory or if they would need to order it."

"My new dishwasher was ordered on the 2/11/2015. The delivery appointment was for the 20th (a Friday) from noon to 4pm. Delivery was not until almost 8pm, and furthermore, the item delivered was not what was ordered. I sent it back with the truck that delivered it.

I made multiple calls to customer service between Monday morning the 23rd and Wednesday morning the 25th. Each time, I received promises to fix the error and that I would receive a callback/email with a resolution within the hour each time. I never did, until Wednesday the 25th, when I finally got a resolution after my 4th attempt. Now delivery is scheduled for the following "Monday or Tuesday".

I understand mistakes happen. It is how you correct those mistakes that really matter. Customer service was not a pleasant experience.

"Quick quick delivery!! Great customer service!"

"The product was damaged when delivered. When I contacted Madison, they immediately took care of business.
Thank you.
Richard

"The only problem I had was that the delivery service did not know that I had purchased white glove delivery. They handled it, though, and the refrigerator is excellent."

"Our experience with AJ Madison from start to finish was amazing. The appliances were delivered when we were told. Was very impressed with the delivery service who delivered during an ice storm. Would highly recommend AJ Madison and will use them in the future. "

"The order arrived quickly and undamaged. "

"Delivered on time and in perfect condition."

"Everyone I spoke to on the phone were very helpful . The appliance arrived faster than I expected. no problems
Good experience

"Was supposed to be delivered last week. Got a call from a representative at AJ Madison and was told my unit was delivered to an address in Utah. How a package that is supposed to be delivered in Idaho gets delivered in Utah is beyond me!

Rep stated she wasn't sure if they would have my unit picked back up and delivered or if they would just ship another one from Texas. Needless to say the project is way behind schedule now and I've heard nothing since last week.

Tracking number hasn't worked so I have no idea when or if I'm getting my product. Really fed up, about to demand money back and take my business to a company that can actually deliver what I ordered and paid for. It's frustrating that I actually had to pay for the item prior to it being delivered...or in this case, not being delivered.

Thinking BBB would enjoy knowing about this!

"This company sucks in every way possible. I can't even begin by telling you how terrible customer service is. We ordered a refrigerator and in the end couldnt get it because our cell phone number didnt match our card? This is ridiculous, I have never heard of such a thing. Another thing was in the end after going back and forth about the phone number not matching got too annoyed and was not worth wasting my time any further so purchased the refrigerator elsewhere and am happy with it. One other thing to add, I wanted to cancel my order with some lady by the way a rude one and she said rudely "you have to call back tomorrow and cancel it" I asked "ok what is the number and what time do they open and close" the lady answered they are closed I asked yes I understand. Is it eastern time or pacific time? And she only answered "its closed!"p.s it was eastern time there.There was more rudely things said on her behalf but just to give you a little of how UNPROFESSIONAL they are. In the end the lady was able to cancel my order.. Hmm. I dont see why she did all that when she was obviously more than able to cancel my order if it wasn't even processed yet. This is a joke of a company if you can even call it that.. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE! I wish I was able to give them zero stars instead of one star because one star is way above the mediocre quality they offer."

Share AJ Madison's store rating

AJ Madison is a Merchant Member! Learn more

AJ Madison is a merchant member
AJ Madison participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,883 merchant members.