Stores > AJ Madison

• AJ Madison

• Address: 3605 13th Ave. Brooklyn, NY
    • Contact: sales@ajmadison.com
    • Phone: 800-570-3355
    • Business Hours: Mon - Tues: 9:00 am - 6:00 pmWed: 9:00 am - 8:00 pmThurs: 9:00 am - 6:00 pmFri: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
    • Fax: 800-570-7805

Product & services pricing Rating 7.85/10 7.85/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.36/10 6.36/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.45/10 5.45/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.97/10 5.97/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.04/10 4.04/10

2016-07-27

Bad policies and customer service

"Ordered to hold delivery until 8/9 then was notified on 7/25 that one item (refrigerator) was backordered until 8/14, and asked if we wanted the other 2 items sent separately. We said yes. The next day, 7/26, we got another call saying we no longer meet the delivery minimum and were being charged an extra fee ($79, a reduction from the normal $99). I said we'd have to think about this since we are moving into a new house and a new refrigerator right away. I was out of the house couldn't look into this or we're going their minimum delivery amount. At the end of the conversation, customer service person wanted to know what we wanted to do for now about the other two items and we said we want them to arrive soon as possible. Apparently, she needed this information because the items were being shipped out the next day, so this decision was not "for now" but our final decision. So when I finally got ahold of someone on 7/27, I found out that the fee was actually for splitting the shipment, and the only option to avoid this fee was to cancel the backordered item and reorder, which would mean it would arrive in early September. We no longer can have all 3 items arrive on 8/14 because the other two items were shipped just today. So, we are being charged because their item is backordered and they seemed to not know this until they were about to ship the other two items. Communication about this fee and possible solutions was unacceptable."

great price

"great price and great service "

Perfect

"Perfect.works perfect for me,thank you"

Sassy shopper!

"I'm very happy with AJ Madison. I shop all ways, but prefer shopping on line. I searched the sites of all the local stores and AJM's prices were the best at the time. i spoke to customer service and they were polite and helpful and delivery was smooth and a lot sooner than I thought. Absolutely will use them again for my appliance needs."

2016-07-27

Delivered hard-to-get item all the way from the east coast to California

"At this time, there are no 18,000 BTU through the wall or window air conditioners available in California so I had to order one from the east coast. It proved to be just as easy as ordering one from Lowes of the Home Depot. Deliverd to my home by motor freight and the overall cost was less than here in California.

Highly recommended!

2016-07-27

Only place I purchase home appliances

"Reviews are online, installation manuals online, why would you drive to a store just to choose from a limited selection when you'll just have to look for the install manual online and schedule a delivery anyways?

AJ Madison was referred to me by my realtor and I've no hesitation to refer them to you.

2016-07-27

Can't ask for much more.

"Working with AJ Madison could not have gone better. They delivered the next day. All four pieces were in perfect condition with no scratches or dents. The rebate was easy to fill out. I will definitely be back whenever I purchase appliances again. "

2016-07-27

Lack of info on delivery

"when I made the order online, I was not told when my delivery was going to be. And the sales team reached out later to sell the warranty options, which I did buy. Again, no mention of delivery date. I started getting worried because I realized my card wasn't charged more than a week later. When I checked the status online, it says the delivery date is around Aug 10th. I made the order on the evening of Jul 12th. That's pretty much a month of delivery time. I would totally think you should tell customer if the delivery is going to be so late. I would have been much better off buying from home depot since their delivery date was a week later.

When I reached out again to your sales agent, he said he'll ask the customer service team to call me and update me. No one called!!

Product not Available

"Ordered 2 air conditioners. 6 days after the order was placed, we were informed that the bigger air conditioner was not available from the manufacturer. They offered another one which was not on sale and was $100 more expensive - bait and switch type thing. We cancelled the order and found what we were looking for with next day delivery and a lower price."

Shady Company

"Bought dishwasher on holiday sale and they kept emailing me that it was on backorder. Their webpage shows they have a few in stock but for the full price. Customer Service would not take my call. Was transferred to a line that said their store was closed but sales was still taking orders. Don't be lured by lower prices. Buy from a legitimate store to have piece of mind. I can only imagine the nightmare someone would face if their item arrived damaged."

This review was modified by pgizas on July 26 2016 05:03:14 PM

2016-07-26

Great price, good delivery, hard to find installer!

"Yes, The purchase and delivery was great! Finding a company to install this cooktop has been a nightmare in Columbus, OH! Seems that everyone is building on any space available in Columbus. Retirees community buildings are popping up every where. as are apartments and condos. Finding someone to do a small job is almost impossible! Hopefully Lowe's will do the install within a couple of weeks. "

Quick and efficient

"When I phoned AJ Madison a live person (hurrah!) answered! Professional, fast and
informative answers. A couple of days later the product I had ordered was delivered to my
door in good condition. No sales tax.

Very Good

"No complaints - very good

PRODUCT IS GREAT, SERVICE NOT SO MUCH

"QUICKSHIP ON ITEM SAID TWO DAYS TO SHIP TOOK 6 BEFORE IT SHIPPED, 12 DAYS TOTAL TO GET PRODUCT, REAL INCONVENIENCE WITH NO FRIDGE AS OLD ONE FINALLY QUIT"

2016-07-25

"I was very impressed by your delivery personnel they timing were on point and they were careful with my merchandise I would recommend anyone to buy products from your company and I will also state your prices are very reasonable Thank You."

Share AJ Madison's store rating

AJ Madison is a Merchant Member! Learn more

AJ Madison is a merchant member
AJ Madison participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,533 merchant members.