• Zumiez

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.06/10 3.06/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.75/10 2.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Zumiez really is as bad as everyone says. I paid extra so I could get my board, bindings, and boots before the weekend. I received the board on Tuesday (ahead of schedule, nice!) I looked to see when the boots and bindings were supposed to show up and they were projected to show up...the next Tuesday...way after they were supposed to. I called to ask for a refund for the extra shipping cost I paid and to see if they would give me a discount or something so I could pick up bindings and boots in store for the same price as online. The customer service rep not only refused to give me any discount but she also refused to fully refund my shipping. She argued since the board showed up on time I still had to pay for the shipping for that. When I explained to her having a board without bindings is like having a car with no wheels she spoke with her manager, who still said no. I ended up just going to REI and buying all my stuff there, which I should have done in the first place since they were way more helpful and courteous. "

modified review This review was modified by dh1992 on February 26 2015 05:32:46 PM

"I ordered a soft-shell jacket as a gift for my niece and after calling customer service 3-times I still have not received it and I WILL be asking for my full $150 refund. Ive worked in retail for 5 year previously for my career and this is very disappointing customer service. THE WORST service I've ever possibly had. Thank you, Zumiez for making me go to Target for a last minute gift after ordering a gift 2 months in advanced."

"I'm not one to usually write reviews about products, but I felt the need to notify all customers of how quick and attentive this company was . This was my first time ordering anything offline and I was skeptical to say the least. After reading all the customer complaints and shipping conundrums I still went through with it because, you'll only read about the catastrophes from block heads who make orders on december 10th and expect it to be there for Chrsitmas, well get your shit together and order sooner pal. Its f**king Christmas, and there are probable a million other frantic last mixture shoppers ahead of you who's order need to be completed first. They expect to click a of couple buttons on the world wide web and have everything on a silver platter delivered to the front door within 2 days. which is rare right? well thats exactly what happened with me minus the silver platter- hence why I'm here- . I ordered four items and 48 hours later... at my door! ( from: Kansas U.S - To : Ontario, Canada ) everything intact, minimal duty charges and great service. Just wanted to let the online shoppers who read reviews to see there is a good company here. So ignore all the negative feedback from winey little b*tches .
P.S. I Don't even work for the company if you can believe that!

"Don't order from zumiez ! Nothing but hassles . Pkg doesn't arrive then when it does items are missing and damaged . Still haven't gotten my boards I ordered but they were quick to take the money from me . Go to your locally owned skateshop instead . "

modified review This review was modified by Skateboarderbiz on January 20 2015 10:17:47 AM

"Most of these reviews here seem to be about shipping delays/mix ups of which Zumiez has NO control over. I worked in fulfillment for an e-commerce company and know how the process works, once a company hands their package to the postal courier they have done all in their power to complete an order. There's a reason why sites ask you to confirm your address BEFORE submitting an order, having something sent to a wrong address ultimately lies with you and not the vendor.

When stuff gets delayed in trasit, delivered to the wrong adress or much less lost that is due to the errors of UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex..etc

With my personal experience I had made an order online and requested pickup to a local store, about 2 hours in I received an email saying said store did not have the item instock and I could either have my money back or have the item expressed-shipped from their warehouse to me free of charge. They came through with their promise and I received confirmation about a day later saying my order was shipped under UPS 2nd Day Air.

Mistakes happen/technology never is perfect but I appreciate how prompt Zumiez was in correcting their error.

modified review This review was modified by ninjaboy808 on January 21 2015 11:26:12 AM

"Buyer beware! Do not order online from Zumiez!!!!! My order was promised to arrive before Christmas...and it did not! Hours on hold to customer service, only to finally get through and have a customer service rep. that was completely uninterested in my concern, and very rude! They charged my CC and yet I got NO confirmation email of my order! I received two items out of the 6 I ordered...apparantly that is to come in a separate order!?!? Still not here two days before Christmas! The first box that came...over 50 dollars duty and shipping to Canada! (pair of pants and shoes in the box) Please do not give them your business!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Krista1 on December 23 2014 08:03:58 AM

"DONT ORDER FROM ZUMIEZ
I ordered internationally and when I received my order they shipped the wrong deck, I ordered a 8.25 baker deck and for some reason they send a bloody 8" zoo york board like what the hell how can you stuff up that badly.
This seems bad enough as it is but what makes it worse it that it was 2 days before christmas and since i live in australia I will now not get it till about a week after christmas.
I never knew that zumiez was now hiring stupid fkn retards to ship the orders but they obviously are and now I wont be able to have my new board that I was looking forward to for a long time.
I am so mad and never ordering from them again and I suggest for you not to either.

modified review This review was modified by kien_bell on December 21 2014 09:58:37 PM

"Worst experience I ever had! I ordered a gift card which I never received. Called customer service - was waiting for 40 min nobody picked up. Emailed them - no reply either. Called them again - sure enough I wasted another hour while waiting for a human being to pick the phone! They also say you could press 1 to leave a voicemail.....that's a joke - you press one and nothing happens you are jsut kept being on hold. The whole customer service is a joke! I am filing dispute with my bank. They are not getting a single penny from me!"

"I want to write about the terrible customer service experience I had calling their customer service number. I placed an order online to be picked up in 2 separate stores and I get an email the next day stating they were picked up. I didn't pick up the order so I was confused and called customer service. The woman on the phone was not very informative and told me she would call the 1 (Cedar Park, TX) to see about my order and call me back. While she was calling I called the other store I was supposed to pick up the other pair of shoes at (Austin, TX Domain). The Domain store informed me they did not have my order and would have to call me back. The customer service representative called me back and said the Cedar Park store had to "look for my order" and she assured me the Domain store hadn't lost my order (even though they told me they didn't have it). When I asked for an explaination she was very rude, put me on hold, and then hung up. I have never been treated so rudely by a customer service representative, especially when I am trying to buy something from your company. I am beyond appalled and will take my business elsewhere. "

"I ordered six items in the store from their website including two pairs of Nike socks. Both items were described as one size fits all. One pair was supposed to be red with wood grain patterns. Well, I went to receive the item it turns out I was shipped a pair of green woodgrain socks. I am not sure how a reputable company can mess up the color off an online clothing order, but they did it. Second of all, the one size description of the socks was also incorrect. On the product - sizes were clearly labeled and there are different sizes so Zumiez marketing of the product was flat out wrong. I would probably not order from this company again. "

"Zumiez customer care service is the worst service I have ever received in my life! I bought a bag from there and it broke within a week of having it! It took me five times of talking to people on the phone to get my money back! Every time I called I spoke to someone for 30+ minutes. They took down all my information, and the next time I would call, they had no idea what I was talking about! & at first they told me there was nothing they could do about it. I am currently waiting for my refund. Let's see if it happens! Which only includes the price of the item before tax and I had to pay to ship the item to their wear house!!"

modified review This review was modified by amberhathcock on September 03 2014 06:39:15 PM

"I ordered an Empyre peacoat from them a week ago and when it arrived I was so excited. Only when it arrived the packaging was poor. It had holes and debris inside the box. Also, all they did was stick the coat into a plastic bag and dumped it into the box. When I finally took the coat out surprise surprise it was covered in some sticky fur and looked liked it was worn already. Then when I tried it on I noticed one of the lower buttons was missing so I went back to the box and tried to find but no avail. Five minutes later of searching it was actually in one of the coat's pocket. Thus, I concluded it must have torn and instead of fixing it they just shoved it in the pocket. So obviously quality is extremely low. And Zumiez thought 'ehh will just shove the button in the pocket'. In conclusion Zumiez has low quality products, poor packaging skills, and does not care about service somewhat."

modified review This review was modified by will023 on August 04 2014 03:02:44 PM

"Was kept on hold for 25-30 minutes for a fraudulent transaction I received on my card after purchasing from their online store. No help at all."

"International shoppers. Please read the find print somewhere hidden on their site. The customer service rep had a hard time finding it even. All taxes and duty are added up delivery to you. Our order was $122 and we paid $25 for shipping. Upon arrival there was a $50 duty and tax fee."

modified review This review was modified by dutyfee on March 10 2014 01:06:15 PM

"To all potential online customers be forewarned about Zumiez's lack of care or concern for customer service. On September sixth I made a very larger expensive order. I was charged for the order but after two weeks received no shipping information. So I emailed their "customer care" help people and received no human response. So I go to check my order status the day after and it now says shipped with no response from "customer care". Then I receive my order with two items missing. Not only was my order significantly late but items I had been charged for we're missing. So I email customer care again expressing my dissatisfaction in their service. I finally receive a response and receive no apology for the lack of care or customer service. I had been told nothing is charged until it is shipped and I wasn't charged for the two items that didn't ship. I check my credit card statement an see that that was not the case I was charged for the whole order before it shipped never told the two items that weren't were out of stock and they didn't actually refund the money for the two items they did charge me for until two days ago. This place clearly has no concern for their customer and it is disgusting all potential customers should know this before purchasing!"

modified review This review was modified by Lvetrone on September 26 2013 04:59:16 PM

Share Zumiez's store rating

Zumiez is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Zumiez is not a merchant member
Zumiez does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!