Stores > Zulily

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.17/10 3.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.83/10 3.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10

2016-01-18

poor quality, random fit, long wait, frequent cancelations

"About 3/4 of what I have ordered either didn't fit, looked cheap and poorly made, took forever to get and often, weeks after the order, the order was canceled. The no return policy is a problem when a company is selling off brands because it is literally impossible to know about quality or fit. I also had two orders shipped to a neighbors, who's security guard put them into the garage and they weren't discovered until the owners came to their 2nd home, six months later, for the summer. Happened again and the customer service rep said that they may just refuse to deliver to my address. Huh? This is the only address I have (and receive about 50+ a year for our retail store -- no problem.) Since the merchandise is handed off from FedEx to UPS, it's often impossible to track. And, lastly, you can often find the same merchandise for the same price with better service and return policies. I have to say no on Zulily. Order below I just receive nearly 1 month later."

This review was modified by laurietahoe on January 18 2016 10:51:47 AM

2016-01-18

Mostly Great Experience

"Overall I think pretty highly of Zulily. I have made about 4-5 orders by this point with them, and just put in another today for some amazingly priced shoes. I get the items in excellent condition, and all but one item has fit me nicely. I see many complaints regarding to shipping times and customer service; here is my experience with them:

1. Some items get there fast, others take weeks. But I do not complain about that, as it was clearly marked if you just scroll down the page on the item some and read the description. Often you see items ready to go, promising shipment in 2-3 days or whatever (and they do ship then). Others will clearly state shipment in say... 18-20 days. Zulily do not make these products and will not have all items in their warehouse ready to ship, they get them from other brands/companies who at the time of ordering will send the products first to Zulily who then sends it to us. It is just how the system works, and either you're okay with that in order to get nice items at a reasonable price, or you're not and you just don't order from them. Naturally some will be fast, and others not so much. But they do mark it. If you order an item that says it'll take 20 days to ship, then complain about it, shame on you! READ

2. About customer service. I did have one item that was promised before Christmas get change to afterwards. I called and spoke with a representative who tracked it saying the company who was supposed to have sent it to them already had delayed it. Even though it was for this reason, she immediately refunded my money in full without my saying a word, telling me to keep the item (a nice pair of boots). Another time, I got the wrong pair of leggings on my order. I called Zulily, and without any argument from me immediately set it up for the right pair to be sent, told me to keep the ones I got, and gave me a $15 credit amount on top of that. I think their customer service is pretty good at making things right.

So, overall, yes it can take awhile to get items and that is annoying. But again, it IS stated how long it'll be before shipping. Read before you buy folks and you'll know. I have gotten one item incorrect before, and one was late, thus the 4/5 stars. But Zulily did step up and make it right. Otherwise all items have fit (be sure to check the sizing charts as they may differ for each brand), and I'm quite pleased.

This review was modified by Lana1843 on January 18 2016 10:40:09 AM

2016-01-16

Neutral

"Someone hacked this account. I never wrote a review for Zulily so I am erasing what was written and writing that I am neutral.....w/no feelings either way for Zulily."

This review was modified by LeeLee32 on January 17 2016 01:24:47 PM

2015-12-29

"bought a pair of Blossom Amar-14 Cognac Women Over The Knee Boots and when I received them I wore them out to the mall.the boots look fantastic but after 2 hours I came home and had huge bloddy blisters on my ankles.on the inside there is a cardboard insert at the heel to keep the backs up and they dig into your ankles.after an hour I was in so much pain I walked like I was drunk trying not to get them to rub.zulily wont let you return footwear so I'm stuck with them.you have to rip the fur out of the inside to get it out(I tried everything.what a waist of money.do not buy this boot youll be VERYY disappointed."

This review was modified by marie2525 on December 29 2015 01:12:24 PM

2015-12-26

"Ordered a desk with zulily. After I assembled it realized the clearance under the drawer was only 22 inches- not anywhere near enough for an adult to use. As this was advertised as a desk for adults, I emailed zulily to complain about their duplicity and was offered 20 dollars of credit. What bull- like I will spend anymore money on this website after being ripped off once."

This review was modified by DKORDA on December 26 2015 06:23:59 PM

2015-12-03

"Ordered 3 things on Nov 17th and still have not even shipped! Contacted Customer service (Still have all the emails) which all three told me different information, and still did not answer my question. Third response by, "Talita C. (zulily) " actually stated, " No Biggie Though" after she stated she's sorry I won't get my Christmas presents on time! Are you kidding me! So now not only do I not have my answer but I still will not get my presents on time! What is really going on! Don't waste your time! "

This review was modified by Kimsegr001 on December 03 2015 02:07:43 PM

2015-12-02

"I've only purchased from Zulily once, but the experience has left me never wanting to purchase again.

1. Buy if you don't care when you get the items. It can take WEEKS for an item to even begin shipment to you.
2. My 1 item that did finally ship was sent via FedEx SmartPost, which means it's literally untraceable once FedEx hands off to USPS because USPS does not recognize FedEx's tracking numbers. After weeks of waiting on this important package, I won't even know the exact day it'll arrive.
3. One of my "guaranteed for Christmas" purchases was randomly canceled on me.
4. Another of my "guaranteed for Christmas" purchases was updated as "delayed" and an ETA could not be provided. I then canceled this order so as to not be at Zulily's mercy come Christmas.

This review was modified by oingoboingo86 on December 02 2015 01:10:39 PM

2015-12-01

"I purchased a comforter from zulily and it was of poor quality. The return policy stated that if you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason they would make it right. I contacted customer service and they said they would give me 10 percent back and I could donate the comforter to charity. I never even received the refund. Will never order again. "

This review was modified by Suepeep on December 01 2015 06:36:16 PM

2015-11-26

"I'm pretty much done with Zulily orders. Items come late, quality is very poor and about 75% they time the clothes are either too small or too big or material is cheap. No return policy is beyond frustrating.
I now have a pile of Zilily clothes that I need to re-sell online or a consignment, most likely will take a loss, a big loss!

2015-10-20

"I placed an order on September 13, 2015.
The first piece of the order was delivered to my old address, so before the other pieces shipped, I made a phone call to get the new address in place.
After waiting for well over a month for these pieces to arrive, I decided to place a phone call to zulily to find out what happened to the shipment.
I have never been so frustrated by ordering online as I have been ordering through this website.
Unreliable shipping, the order I was so anxious to receive got lost in transit due to a typing error made by the person I spoke with on the phone. Tough luck for me, there are no replacement pieces to ship.
This is not the first time for such an experience through this company for me.
If you don't mind never receiving the product that you're so looking forward to getting, or how long it takes to get to your home or even if it gets to your home, then by all means, order!
The products I've purchased have been great, the prices are wonderful!
HOWEVER, I don't see myself ordering again.
It's worth it for me to order from places like amazon, just so that I KNOW I will get the products that I've ordered.

2015-09-30

"I ordered a top and some leggings. I was happy with the leggings but the top did not fit right. I did not even have to return the top and I was given a credit for the full amount. That was a pleasant surprise!
I bought two other tops and they fit perfectly.
I would shop here again.

2015-09-29

"I have made a number of purchases from Zulily, and been very happy with what I've received. I've been able to get very good deals on things like Saucony shoes, Oilily handbags and scarf, Bernie Mev and Tsuba shoes, kitchenware, linens, and several other things. I have probably made a dozen orders (each usually for multiple items) in the past six months, with no problems.

You do have to know their system. Flash Sale Sites come with limitations. It's the nature of the beast. Buyers have a responsibility to familiarize themselves with the rules before they hit the "buy" button. They state pretty clearly in several places on the site, including the item page, that they do not ship immediately. Be aware, too, that they have a "no returns" policy. Because of that, I've avoided things that I might normally buy quite a few of (leggings, athletic wear), and stuck with brands I already own and know the sizing for, or things that I can take a risk on, like loose tunic tops. I also avoid buying clothing that might be rendered useless with a combination of slow shipping & season change approaching.

I've been particularly happy with the quality of what appears to be their own women's clothing brand, called "Reborn". The tops I've ordered have been nice fabric, well made, attractive, and fit well. I've gotten several compliments on the ones I've worn. I even glanced at a lady walking past me and was admiring her shirt, when I realized, it was a "Reborn" I'd seen on their site.

Like a lot of other flash sales sites, you'll come to recognize that the same stuff appears fairly frequently. I find several weeks can go by with nothing that interests me, and then boom! A couple of brand names will pop up in a row, and I find myself placing order after order.

Have been able to buy and enjoy several brands that I normally either wouldn't, because of cost, or because I'd hesitate to spend the money. There is a local shoe store I love that specializes in trendy, "earthy" kinds of shoes, and I have been able to buy them from Zulily for literally a fraction of the price I would pay at that shoe store. I also appreciate that they send the shoes in the original box, instead of just sticking them loose in a heavy shipping bag, as has been my experience with another flash sale site.

I will definitely be ordering from Zulily again.

2015-09-28

"I love Zulily and shop there often. I have received items that don't fit and find someone to give them to or put them in the donation pile. Zulily has such great items, but you have to pay attention by looking at fabric content, zooming in for a close look, and trying to use the size charts. Measurement charts are better than going with sizes.

Don't order anything you want in a hurry as the shipping is very unpredictable. I have always received my order as long as it has been in stock. If it goes out of stock, I've been notified immediately.

I don't like shopping, but am somewhat addicted to Zulily.

2015-09-25

"Don't fall for the "Free Shipping until Midnight" scam! I ordered a pair of shoes and was informed that I qualified for free shipping until midnight, so I ordered a t-shirt a couple of hours later, but was charged shipping on that order too. I emailed to inform them but received no satisfactory response. Very disappointing."

2015-09-20

"Worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I have ordered several things in the past and had no problem. Somehow this time when I checked out my address was changed and I never received my order. I emailed several times and only received one where they indicated they saw my item was returned to them and they would look into it. And then I never heard anything else. I even sent several follow ups and no reply. "

Share Zulily's store rating

Zulily is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Zulily is a merchant member
Zulily participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,635 merchant members.