• Zulily

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.28/10 2.28/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.63/10 1.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.68/10 1.68/10

"I have had multiple orders with zulily, and all have been good except my last one. I ordered s comforter and they shipped via UPS. UPS says it was delivered, but it never was. I contacted Zulily who told me it was between me and UPS now. Basically, once you pay zulily, don't expect them to care about your order. I will never order from them again!"

modified review This review was modified by kdojj1 on April 07 2015 06:37:40 AM

"A COMPLETE RIPOFF! I've been shopping online pretty much since Al Gore invented the internet and I have never, ever had a worse shopping experience. I ordered two bras -- Le Mystere, which I wear all the time. They 10 days to arrive, and I could tell before even taking the bra out of the packaging that it was far too small, and of inferior quality. Not at all like my "store-bought" bras. Terrible quality as well. There are no indications anywhere on the invoice or on the website as to returns, so I googled "Zulily returns" and lo and behold, discover the "no return" policy. I will never shop this site again and would urge others no to, as well. I am signing my real name and city to prove I am not some crank.
Shannon Donnelly, West Palm Beach.

modified review This review was modified by shannondonnelly on April 06 2015 04:18:20 PM

"Don't use this site! The products are not great and you don't find out that they dont recieve returns or exchanges until after you buy! Don't waste you money!"

"That's it! I will never buy products from Zulily
The listing info is inaccurate , the size of some items does not coincide at all. The quality of some things are embarrassed! No return accepted. Some of shipped boxes do not have my street name on the shipping labels.

"Do not buy anything from them.all products are junk in picture is very nice ones you receive it and look its junk i rather buy in walmart worth money than zulilly."

modified review This review was modified by jojehan on March 27 2015 05:56:08 PM

"I too, was so disappointed in the fact that Zulily does not offer a return policy. I think it should be required that this is clear to new customers before they buy. My response, when I found 3 bathing suits very well undersized, was in their words" dispose of them". After spending over $200 plus shipping, that did not make me feel warm and fuzzy towards this company. Burned once, that will do. Shoppers beware, sizes differ greatly, and there are no returns. Disappointing"

modified review This review was modified by Brenda33 on March 27 2015 01:46:14 PM

"Agree with others who have had issues with Zulily. 3strikes and they are out. Order 1 was a shirt for our sports team that I needed for school spirit day. It arrived in 6 weeks. The first time I washed it( with my delicate cycle), it came out with little holes all over. The rest of the load was fine... Shopworn merchandise?
Order 2 was bras for me and a nursing tank top for my daughter. I have the same bras. These did not fit the same. The nursing tank had black grease stains on it. I was told to ship it back, at my expense and they would TRY to get me another. In the trash it went.
Order 3 was their final chance. Stupid of me, I know... I ordered 2 fire engine plasma cars. No decals came with them. The king bed spread only covered the top surface of my queen bed, 2 shirts size 3T were wider than long, a berry basket was 4 inches not the 7 stated, but the best was the growth chart decal. The image led you to believe it would look like a giant ruler. I got a bunch of letters and lines cut out of vinyl.
They wanted me to mail the plasma cars back, again at my expense. All I wanted was the foolish fireman stickers! But they thought I should spend $42to ship them back so they could 'try' to get me ones with stickers.
I only got an offer of partial credit after I posted a negative comment on a FB thread. All orders took between 6 to 16 weeks. Ridiculous unless things were being custom made!
Never again Zulily.

"To begin with the clothes offered for plus sizes look great online.
The three blouses I ordered fit everywhere but the bust and shoulders. I am guessing they were foreign made. The quality was good.

I will not order from them again.

"Ordered a dress that was on special. Knew they would be small sizing, so ordered up a size (12) and in turn was aware that it would take a while to be delivered. Oh dear, how small was the dress, it would probably fit a size 8, I couldn't get it anywhere near me. So with the no returns policy I have a dress that will sit in the wardrobe unused. Whilst dress was on special, it was certainly not high quality and I would have hated to have paid full price for it. I certainly won't be going near Zulily again. Lesson learned. Will stick to my normal overseas suppliers in UK, pay a bit more, but get better quality, and you can at least return if the sizing is incorrect."

modified review This review was modified by fiestygirl on March 12 2015 12:41:01 AM

"I've just received my second item from Zulily today, a blouse that I thought looked pretty cute. The first item was quite good, the quality was ok, sizing was ok, everything I expected. This second one however, the stitching is abysmal, coming apart in places, crooked and loose in places. Terrible quality. It either needs to be thrown out, or taken to a repairer to re-stitch much of the blouse.

So after receiving this order and then reading of a no-returns policy for international orders, I will cut my losses and no longer be ordering from Zulily, ever. In an age where distance is no obstacle to commerce, Zulily needs to be fair and reasonable globally, like so many other international outlets.

"I'm writing this review in medias res because I just received my order, which has several issues, and emailed their customer service about said issues 2 minutes ago. I will update when (if!) my issues are resolved.

For people new to Zulily, you should be aware of the following: it does not appear to work like other flash sale sites (e.g. Ideeli, Gilt, Rue La La), where you order something and get it right away (or at least get a clear indication on the item's description as to when it will ship) and have the option of returning if it is a non-final sale item. When you order something on Zulily, they order it from a seller and then ship it to you, which tags on an ENORMOUS amount of time to the process. I placed my order on February 11, but they didn't ship until February 27th/28th, and I didn't get the shipment until March 4th. Had I known how long this would have taken to get here, I probably wouldn't have ordered in the first place. On top of that, when they confirm your order, they don't give you an estimate about when you will receive it. You have the option of clicking on a button that takes you to a track your order page and it will tell you what stage in the ordering process you are, but no estimates. So you kind of sit there twiddling your thumbs wondering wtf is up until you finally get the UPS shipment tracking email.

You also can't return items unless there is a real issue with them. I knew this going in and so was thus much more selective with what I purchased, ensuring that I only got stuff that I *really* wanted.

Ok, so on to the other issues: after eons of waiting, I get my items and they sent me two of the same item and left out one of them. On top of that, one of the items was NOT what it appeared on the site (it was white and looked very clearly BLUE on the web site!) and a different item was really crappy quality (stitching all messed up and threads hanging out all over the place.) I am cutting my losses on these because when I looked back at my order the description of the first item did say "white" even though the picture was so frickin misleading, and I don't care enough about the defective item to have to deal with refund process for that. However, I did send them an email requesting the missing item + return postage for the duplicate item, and we'll see how they handle that! Zulily, if you're reading this, PLEASE do not try to pull some crap!

modified review This review was modified by zomgwtf on March 04 2015 07:26:31 PM

"I love Zulily. I've been a customer since 2013 and have purchased more items than I care to admit, but it's over a few thousand dollars worth. Sure, there are limitations such as a no return policy and a long shipping time for most items.

So, the best way to go about using the site is to only purchase items you don't need right away, and that you're pretty sure will fit you. However, the few times with which I've had issues, I was allowed to either return or given credit and told to just donate the item. They are always amazingly helpful and accommodating.

I absolutely LOVE Zulily. 98% of the items I received were perfect. I buy mostly clothes and at times, shoes/boots. Those that weren't perfect, I either altered, or gave to Goodwill. Most items have such deep discounts, it's not much of a loss if it doesn't fit. You just need to know what kinds of items you can buy without trying on. That's really it.

Lastly, the invoice and order date I entered here is real but irrelevant because there have been many. But it's required. My review is about the company, not one order.

"After reading the reviews I was aware of the long shipping time and was fine with that. I ordered a dress, a table topics game for my counseling groups and some home items. I read some more reviews and after I saw that sizes run small I regretted ordering the dress. Half my order came today (as scheduled) and the dress fit perfectly! I am very happy with Zulily thus far and will be ordering from them again! My only suggestion is to search amazon and other websites first, because Zulily doesn't always have the best prices. "

modified review This review was modified by Lauren87 on March 03 2015 05:04:56 PM

"Massive waste of time. Avoid, avoid avoid.

I made an order Jan 15 for four items. In two weeks I was notified one item was not available. A refund was issued with an additional $10 store credit for that item.

Today, March 3, another item on the Jan 15 order was canceled after I wrote to find out where the item was. (Estimated ship date was Feb. 5).

Another refund was issued, and another store credit was offered, but never delivered. When I inquired about the offer of credit, a representative wrote to say it was sent in February. However the order was just cancelled and the offer of credit was made today, March 3.

I am now in correspondence with several different representatives telling me different things about our previous interactions.

"Terrible, all the way!
Received order, which apparently was a jacked up coat, which the stitching was improperly aligned, seams and lining crooked, and one arm was longer than the other. It was a god damn Cyclops coat. Terrible gift for anyone. They did refund my money, which they should have, but only after I had to make several phone calls and threaten to sick PayPal on them, although they did not refund me shipping cost. Those fuckers. I hate you Zulily,

modified review This review was modified by jhjamgochian on March 02 2015 02:42:55 PM

Share Zulily's store rating

Zulily is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Zulily is not a merchant member
Zulily does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!