• ZORO Tools

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.94/10 5.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.56/10 6.56/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10

"Was skeptical due to the very low price. Ordered a Warner D6232-3 ladder when they had a 30% off sale going on. Their normal price was $458 which was still very good considering free shipping, but ended up paying $320 with the sale discount. Shipping took a week and came FedEx freight. The ladder was a little scuffed from shipping, but no big deal. Also the shipping bill shows the ladder actually shipped from Grainger which sells the same ladder for $802. Needless to say I am very happy. Got the exact product I wanted and an incredible price."

This review was modified by mgh333 on May 22 2015 02:24:17 PM

"Ordered a Goulds Irrigation Pump. For a rated seller, it was the lowest price available online.

I found a coupon code for 25% off 300+ which sealed the deal.

Free shipping was super fast. I ordered Wednesday afternoon and UPS delivered Thursday morning.

My only ding to the rating for Customer Service was with a previous coupon code on 4.15. The code wouldn't work at checkout and by the time I got in contact with customer service the coupon expired and there wasn't a way to issue the discount.

One thing to know about coupons is that while they seem to be applied in the shopping cart, you have to have a zoro account in order to apply to the final checkout. Guest checkout won't honor the coupon.

"I was looking for a Hobart 140 MIG Welder online and a Zoro offer for $415 with an additional $15 coupon popped up off to the side of my search results. I decided to order from Zoro, even though there were many negative reviews. I struggled with the website and was not able to get the coupon to work when it came time to check out. It was there when I started to order and kept disappearing when I wanted to check out. I wasted over an hour. I gave up and ordered it anyway. It came the next day. The welder was a Hobart 125 not a 140. No wonder it seemed cheaper. I returned it and now I'm waiting for my refund in 5-10 days. I would avoid this agony and buy tools elsewhere. Really a frustrating waste of time and nothing to show for it. I will now get my welder elsewhere. This outfit has quick shipping, but they have the worst website ever and an evil bait and switch methodology. My order just showed a item # and never showed the model I was actually going to get. Avoid! Beware!"

This review was modified by DoNotDoIt on April 08 2015 08:19:36 AM

"I have placed a couple orders with Zoro and always been VERY satisfied with their shipping speed. Product selection is very good and pricing is generally good. I would not hesitate to order from Zoro again!"

"They shipped a stepladder with no protective packaging whatsoever. It's made of fiberglass, aluminum and plastic.
It was damaged of course being shipped freight. Had it returned. Have to follow up 30 days later since no refund was yet received. What, they hope you'll forget? Who has time to nanny their returns? never again. Too bad, they can have some great deals.

This review was modified by desposi on March 22 2015 07:55:19 AM

"Received dinged up merchandise TWICE and now they are dragging their feet about refunding my money.
Never again!

"Wow honestly I'm a bit shocked at so many bad ratings. I had nothing short of a fantastic experience with Zoro. My first order was through ebay and even though I had to return the product do to my own error, they promptly gave me a full refund and Heather, the Customer Service Rep, couldn't have been nicer. My second (larger) order was directly through the website and arrived fast via UPS - products are first rate first quality and they even threw in a Zoro Calendar which was nice. Highly recommend. My only complaint is that the website can sometimes be tricky to find what you're looking for - for instance if you are looking for a particular size of screw -the initial search will only pull up the brands they cover and NOT the specific product your're looking for - you then have to click on each brand individually and search within that brand for your part. Definitely not as convenient as just getting a single list with multiple brands of the product in question. "

This review was modified by Nicerobot on February 04 2015 05:02:16 PM

"For the past couple years, I have switched nearly half of my inventory items to Zoro from various other suppliers. Their prices were always considerably lower than anywhere else I could find, and the coupon codes they consistently offer are fantastic. However, over the past few months, I've noticed a SIGNIFICANT INCREASE in the prices of many of the items I regularly order - one in particular went from around $56 to over $70!! They've also DELETED items I have always bought as well. Not sure what's going on there, but I am really disappointed and have begun pursuing new suppliers. "

This review was modified by phoebemarie on January 14 2015 07:51:13 AM

"I order from Zoro at least a few times a month. I am surprised to see negative reviews here. The prices are amazing; The customer service has always been outstanding; The massive selection of products is astounding; The processing and shipping time is the best I have ever experienced from any company -- I've received orders within 4 hours of placing them.

Regarding the negative review addressing Zoro collecting taxes in NJ when their warehouse is in IL -- Zoro is owned by Grainger Industrial Supply which has physical locations in New jersey as well as in many other states. Short of committing a federal crime, not really a lot they can do about that -- not a fair critique.

If you are worried about a substitution, call them. The customer service couldn't be better. They did substitute some dust masks I ordered once. The ones they sent were higher quality so, no complaints there either.

My one negative critique is with the site's search engine. A very detailed search for an item can reveal tens of thousands of random, unrelated things. You can easily filter these results but still a bit irritating. Will not keep me from ordering from them though.

I can't say enough great things about this place. Don't listen to the naysayers. This is one of the best online retailers I have ever ordered from.

This review was modified by pan-fry on January 01 2015 04:31:05 PM

"Don't understand why Zoro gets negative reviews. I ordered 3 times from them recently in Nov & Dec 2014 and the prices and service are A-1. I ordered chemicals and everything was packed great. Nobody can beat their prices. Their shipping is free and very fast. I plan on buying from them a lot in 2015. I wish I would known about Zoro earlier. I could have saved a lot of money"

"***Caviot Emptier***
Customers should know ""zorotools"" charges sales tax even though they have no presence in that state of purchase! Also there are no reciprocal agreements between POP (point-of-purchase) NJ (point-of-delivery) Virginia, YET, a tax is charged. They also charge for Priority Mail when they ship parcel post. Really????? I suppose "zorotools" thinks the public won't notice their deceptive practices. A customers perception of the daily operation of any business is germane to the success AND or FAILURE of that business!
NEVER AGAIN will I make a purchase from {{ZOROTOOLS}}

This review was modified by Bots on November 25 2014 03:05:33 PM

"zoro toools is a horror story.

i ordered a book, which they agreed to deliver in 3 days time.

they sent me an email afterward saying that they could not send the book for nearly a month.

i cancelled the order.

they "found" the book and said they were shipping it anyway.

i again cancelled the order, as i had made other arrangements to get the book.

they shipped the book anyway, despite multiple notices to cancel.

i had to call them up and tell them to intercept the shipment with UPS.

they refused to immediately refund my money and i had to wait days for a partial refund.

they refused to refund the shipping costs.

i called them up demanding the return of the shipping money, they agreed to refund it within 24 hours.

they haven't refunded the money.

zoro tools is a horrible experience, totally unprofessional.

This review was modified by michaelbrummit on November 07 2014 02:02:22 PM

"Fantastic price and excellent delivery time! Received product exactly as described."

"Be sure to check their "contract" and this:
2. Product Substitution.
Products (and country of origin) may be substituted and may not be identical to catalog or website published descriptions and/or images.

I decided not to place my order on a well-researched product concerned they would substitute. I sent emails and they never responded.

"A great experience with Zoro. Ordered multiple items with regular free shipping and they arrived the next day, (I live in Dallas and there is a warehouse around here I think).

Had one item that went bad the next day. A quick call and they refunded me the amount I paid, and told me not to send it back, just toss it. I was on the phone less than 10 minutes.

I will definitely be buying here again. Looks like a much better selection than Grainger, which is my other local option.

Share ZORO Tools's store rating

ZORO Tools is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ZORO Tools is not a merchant member
ZORO Tools does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!