"Dont do it! Dont do it!! Dont DO IT!!! I tried to buy what I thought was a GREAT deal on a video camera. Then I read some of the reviews here after I had placed the order. ALL of the negative things people said turned out to be true! I am SO glad I read these reviews as I probably would have gone along for the long ride and wound up very very very upset. WHen I ordered the product in question for significantly less than the usual price, they sent an email saying to call them. they then tried to switch me to a diferent inferior product OR to buy a package deal, which they didn't have either. Turns out they were offering a very very good price in hopes that I would become their customer first, and then they started offering me things I didn't want to see if I would bite. Some may call it bait and switch. Luckily, I read the articles and when I called them to find out why they wanted to speak to me about my order, they quickly knew I wanted my order now, and no kits and no replacements. they allowed me to cancel the order immediately. I will say that was the ONE thing they,.. and I .. did right that day."

"Zoommania an extremely bod company. I ordered a panasonic ag hmc 40 form them and paid. They sent me an e-mail saying to call them. When I did this dude started talking about a package deal. I said I paid $1700 for something, just send it to me; why are you talking about a $2099 deal. He replied: well you will get it 30 days. The website said that the item was in stock and will ship in 5 to 10 days, what are you saying? I asked. The dude went off.I mean totally disrespectful, talking about he doesn't have time for games. Biatch, you told me to call you. If I had games to play I'd have deliberately call. Then I said ok, since you don't have the camcorder you are telling everyone you have in stock, let me just cancel my order.He hang up on me. WOW. So please people, don't go to Zoommania because if so many people are saying they're not good, it must be true."

"This is the worst online store you can ever imagine. Never ever order with them unless you confirm with them couple of times that the item you are ordering is IN STOCK and READY TO SHIP. Never place an order with them if they dont have in stock, trust me on this. We placed an order in July of 2009 and they were outof stock for normal item but they had their jumbo/mumbo package deal with full of items that are useless to us and they told they are gonna place an order for just the item (I dont understand why they cant sell it without package deal) and till today they didnt get stock and everytime I call them they keep telling me it will take 7 more business days. Talk about their customer service its 100% crap. They never know what they are talking. I would seriosuly suggest that you place an order with them only if you are desperate and take your chances."

"I was VERY nervous after reading the reviews on here about making a large purchase with Zoommania that had to be ordered on a Friday afternoon and HAD to arrive for Saturday delivery. I called and spoke with David to make sure it was in stock & that they could get it out for Saturday delivery. I told him I was nervous because of the reviews and he assured me that they could get it out and to me in time. To make things more difficult I needed it shipped to a location other than the billing address on the cc and this is at 3pm est and they close at 4pm on Fridays. They surpassed my expectations by 4pm I had a call from the warehouse with the FedEx tracking number & it arrived in excellent shape. THANK YOU ZOOMMANIA!!! Additional note: the Panasonic AG-DVX100B ROCKS! & I saved with all of the accessories about $2,500!!!!"

"I ordered a camcorder online which their website said was in stock. They sent an email the next morning asking that I call them. When I did, I learned it was not in stock. If your delivery is urgent, I suggest following up with them to confirm that items the website says are in stock really are."

"I'm another extremely disappointed customer. My original purchase arrived as scheduled but one year later I had an equipment failure that required service. I had a 4 year warranty with my purchase. The warranty provider, CPSCENTRAL, refuses to honor the warranty, claiming that ZOOMANIA owes them money.
ZOOMANIA denies the claim but has not stepped up to honor the warranty. I'm stuck in the middle with a worthless camcorder purchased for $1,500. This will never get resolved and I will never deal with ZOOMMANIA or CPSCENTRAL again.

"TOTAL SCAMMERS!! BAIT AND SWITCH!! WARNING!!!

I tried to purchase 3 TV's from them. They tried to bait and switch me from the bare TV to a "package deal" which I did NOT WANT! They refused to sell me the TV by itself and hung up on me twice! STAY AWAY from these sleaze balls.

You have been warned!

"Terrible. They advertised a low price on the web but then refused to actually sell me the camera unless I bought a grossly overpriced accessory package. Classic, unethical bait and switch. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE."

"Okay, okay, I read the reviews, but of course I had to see for myself if this place is legitimate, and everyone is correct....ZOOMMANIA IS A FRAUD! Classic "bait and switch" program. I called Zommmania to purchase Samsung LN52A650, and the guy put me on hold for 5 mins. while he "checked" his stock physically. The guy came back on the phone and said, "Sorry, we're out of stock on that item, but we do have it in a 'package' deal." I was thinking, "OH, JUST GREAT!..." Like an idiot I continued the conversation (hoping to still get a deal) by asked how much is the "package deal," and he said $1899.00 NOT including shipping. Now the "bait" price is $1798.00 including shipping, and "switch" price is $2198.00 including shipping. A four hundred dollar difference! Don't bother wasting 10 minutes of your time and energy with this place, IT'S A SCAM! -Jason "

modified review This review was modified by jasonf415 on June 08 2009 03:44:06 PM

"Attention everyone:

Please be advised that Zoommania and FotoSpirit.com is the same company. They have a reputation of being fraud. DO NOT DEAL with them.

"Unfortunately I didn't read these reviews until after I was fed up and waited 6 weeks to find out the TV was never "in stock" without the accessory bundle. Not only that - because the price was so good I missed out on other sales because those prices still looked high - in review I missed some very good deals.

I compalained to BBB but they don't do much. If you check their site - Zoommania has an "F" rating.

I also called Sony but that call went offshore and they didn't understand the issue. So I have this idea and I'm about to make the call. I'm going to complain to the credit card company, AmEx. Maybe if enough dissatisfied customers compalain about their illegal advertising they may pull their cards from the company. If that happens - maybe that will stop them.

"I should have looked at the reviews first. These guys are SCAMMERS. The TV I ordered online was listed as in stock. I called to check on the order several days later and they only had it if I upgraded to a "package" of needless and expensive extras. When I requested to speak to a manager I was disconnected. When I called back and got the same knucklehead on the phone he claimed to have sent me an email explaining the situation (not true) and was weel practiced at canceling orders. STAY AWAY FROM ZOOMMANIA!"

"Classic bait-and-switch. They're "out of stock" on the low-priced TV, but have plenty of the overpriced "packages". In addition Customer Service representative was unbelievably rude.

Don't waste your time.

"Their website claims that they're one of the last few vendors to still have the discontinued Sony DCR-HC96 camcorder in stock. When I called them to place my order, I was told that they don't have it. When I pointed out that their website claims they do, the rep said that they have over 10,000 items, so they can't keep all the information correct. (Doesn't explain why they can instantly and correctly determine in-stock status when you call them, of course.)"

"I attempted to order 2 Nikon P80 digital cameras from this vendor and was directed to call an 877 number due to a problem with the order. Despite the fact that the item was listed as "in-stock" the rep asked me if "I believed everything I read." He then proceed to try to sell me "kits" which included a lot of cheap useless garbage and cost 25% more."

Zoommania is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Zoommania is not a merchant member
Zoommania does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!