Stores > Zoara.com
  • Zoara.com

Product & services pricing Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
Voice your opinion! Review Zoara.com by clicking a star below.
2017-03-16

Great Experience, Saved a Bunch of Money

"I had a very pleasant experience with Zoara. My one and only purchase was for a loose emerald cut diamond for $6,700 to build an engagement ring with a local jeweler. I had never made an online purchase this big. Usually my online activity is limited to $100.00 and under on Amazon Prime or Ebay.

Like most people, I started out pricing diamonds at retail stores like Zale’s, Reed’s, etc. First of all, none of these retailers carried IF diamond. They would offer to find me one and bring it in but I was looking at about $10k for one carat at this clarity.

Naturally, I thought to myself, “what if I just look online for pricing?” I actually found Zoara.com by going through Rarecarat.com, which is like Priceline.com for diamonds. Much to my liking, the prices were staggeringly less expensive online. I started finding diamonds for 30-34% less than retail. I realized that effectively, I had found a way to cut out the middle man and get wholesale pricing. Fabulous.

I live in SC, USA so buying a diamond from a company located in the Dakotas/NYC was extremely unnerving, not to mention they source diamonds from all over the world. I had my concerns; I’m not going to lie.

Zoara has an online chat feature that is really great. They don’t use bots and the folks there really know their stuff. I dealt with Raquel and Ben and they were super-nice.

I shared with them my concerns about putting up that kind of money to an online dealer. I went on to explain to them that I needed several methods of assurance before I would agree to wire the money for the diamond. At this point they gave me their return policy and our conversation moved from online chat to email and telephone. I’ll note that I talked to Raquel on the telephone numerous times and that she was very responsive and would call me back in reasonable time.

I asked both Raquel and Ben to email a transcription of our online chats along with a written assurance that the particular diamond I wanted (including its specs, GIA cert, what state the diamond was in, and price) would be available and that there was no chance that it would become unavailable during my payment process. Not knowing them or their company, I was afraid of the ol’ bait and switch method. That was not the case here. They provided me with all the assurances I asked from them and I proceeded to wire the money.

At the time, the diamond had been moved to California for a tradeshow. That scared me a bit, but within 24 hrs they had the diamond overnighted to NYC to their approval group and they had the diamond on its way to me within another day. It arrived on my doorstep three business days after I purchased it, from California.

It came in the most amazing white case with an LED light up ring box, the original embossed GIA cert (with a purchase receipt), an appraisal, and a ring bag with cleaner. It was really, really nice stuff. I was blown away.

I immediately took the diamond to my jeweler and had it checked out. It was what it said it was and this particular diamond actually had the GIA number laser inscribed on it.

Moral of the story is Zoara is an honest company with honest employees. They are both knowledgeable and responsive. Raquel and Ben were the best. Raquel even called me yesterday to make sure that I got the package and that I was happy.

I recommend you cover your bases when dealing with any large online purchase. Get everything in writing via email. EVERYTHING. Make sure you ask the right questions and don’t be scared to point out the ‘what-ifs.’ With Zoara, I would consider the fact that they source diamonds from dealers all over the world and that they have to put a hold on it for you to buy it. Make sure you get in writing that if it sells before you can finalize payment that you will immediately be refunded, no questions asked.

I hope your online diamond buying experience goes as well as mine. I bought a 1.2 carat loose emerald cut and I saved nearly $3,500 (34%) of retail pricing in my market. I would recommend this company to my family and best friend.

This review was modified by trevorbuyer on March 16 2017 02:15:02 PM

2017-02-23

I would recommend Zoara to a friend!

"I used Zoara to purchase some diamond earrings for my girlfriend. Zoara itself was recommended by the website diamond.pro and by a friend of mine. I was impressed with the quality of the product and relatively fast shipping to Switzerland (FedEx). When I took contact with CS to asks a few questions through the chatbot, the instantly and effectively answered to all my needs.

Altogether I would recommend Zoara!

This review was modified by HAUT_CH on February 23 2017 05:00:02 AM

2016-10-29

The best shopping experience I have ever had!

"First of all, it was so much easier to search on the Zoara website, especially when you can see the actual photos or videos of the diamond. I found the perfect oval diamond (0.8 ct, D, VVS1, 3X cut,) which cost like around 8-9,000AUD in AU, but on Zoara the price was under 5000AUD! I ordered and had it sent to my friend's place in Texas (Originally she planned to come to Australia at the end of October). when she sent me photos of the ring I was not satisfied with the setting (which I thought I would), I contacted Ben (customer service) straight away ask if it can be changed to the settings I like (it was a picture I found on google), within 1 day I got the reply from the head office says they can change it with no extra cost. So ladies and gentlemen if you have your own idea of the ring settings or other jewelry, remember to ask the Zoara jeweler team, just send a photo to them and they will make it just the way you like! Another drama was My dear friend sent it to the return centre instead of the head office, So I contact Ben again, he noted it and told me not to worry. I received emails about every move of the ring from return centre to head office, the progress of making the new ring, and I also received a photo with the new finished ring to ensure I am happy with it. At the end my friend can not make the trip so I asked them to sent it directly to Newcastle, it only took 3 days to reach me from America. I was so impressed how highly organized and effective they are. When I opened the package, a little spot light shining onto the diamond, the ring was so beautiful and it sparks from every angle. the ring had so many compliment from everyone who saw it, even strangers from shops, no one believes we got it from online. This was the best shopping experience I have had! I would like to thank everyone who involved with my purchase, especially Ben.H from customer service. Thank you for making me feel like I am the most important customer and make me the perfect ring. I will definitely recommend Zoara to everyone I know, also whoever sees this review. "

2016-08-23

Best experience, best quality

"My fiance and I ordered an engagement ring together through Zoara.
We were a bit scared, as ordering such pricy items online can feel like a leap of faith.
It turns out that we are SO glad we did, as everything went absolutely perfectly.
The ring is the one of my dreams, it is beautiful and the diamonds are very high quality, although we picked "average" specs.
The ring arrived too big but Zoara went out of their way to have it perfectly resized and delivered back to my house.
I warmly recommend doing business with them, they're amazing on all levels!

This review was modified by Melodiecl on August 23 2016 11:48:18 PM

2016-06-30

thanks a lot Zoara

"has certainly been the best shopping experience that one can have, the team Zoara was very patient with me and in customizing my ring, I come designing the ring for many months changing forms and models hoping that this is beautiful and so has been, the ring is beautiful, came to Peru in less than a week, I really appreciate your help Ben, Tomas, Joy, thank you very much
See video:
thanks

This review was modified by cris_po on June 30 2016 12:55:31 PM

2016-05-29

Excellent, efficient and great value, high quality diamond

"Great quality and great experience buying.
Excellent customer service

This review was modified by Customer_Representative on June 01 2016 06:00:04 AM

2016-05-05

super duper ;-!!

"great experience.
nice, friendly and professional.
only possible downside was that it took ~10 days to receive our ring.
and - i agree with the reviewer below regarding the box. loved the led light. cool.

2016-04-30

Zoara Rocks!!

"Was a little bit leary about ordering a diamond online, but after chatting with zoara customer support, they set my mind at ease. The process was super simple after we had found a diamond in stock from one of their vendors. Shipping was super fast, and the ring was much more stunning than we could have hoped. Had to send it back shortly after to have it resized, and the process only took 7 days from the time that I shipped it from canada until it was returned to me. AND they paid for return shipping. Stellar to say the very least. Big shout out to Ben on customer chat who was super helpful to me the whole way. Will be ordering a wedding band from these guys soon as well. Thanks a gazillion times over.

Brad

This review was modified by 98ViperGTS on April 30 2016 12:29:35 PM

2016-04-21

Loved the box :-)

"So cool!!
Zoara's jewelry box has this led light that shines straight on the diamond.
Loved the ring. Great service. Perfect experience!

2016-03-17

"The product met my expectations and was delivered as promised. Their packaging is also very nice."

Awesome and fast

"Really fantastic ring, and speedy delivery if you need it ASAP."

2016-03-16

Very satisfied with overall experience and actual loose diamond.

"My experience was a positive one working with Zoara. I was under a time crunch - ordering the diamond (stone unseen) on Monday, receiving it Wednesday, setting it Thursday and proposing on Friday.

During this time I communicated daily with the online chat support to get updates on where the diamond was. They were helpful and got to know me by name/situation.

I was only able to buy the diamond unseen that week and get it in time to propose that weekend on a trip to NYC because of all added benefits on Zoara online, compared to other sites. The site guaranteed the diamond was inspected, eye-clean, GIA certified, and even came with an authentication letter with diamond value.

Another positive of the experience, after being authenticated and valued, by an outside gemologist, the diamond I purchased ended up being worth a good bit more than I paid. An upside of buying direct over going in store with high markups.

Would, and plan to, use Zoara again, especially coming up when I need to get the wedding bands for the ceremony.

*****

PLEASANT SURPRISE!

"OUR PURCHASE WAS AS DESCRIBED AND ADVERTISED; QUALITY MET EXPECTATIONS WHILE SERVICE AND DELIVERY WERE EXEMPLARY. WHAT MORE IS THERE TO SAY!"

2016-03-10

Ordering Mismatch

"When the product was ordered, the website listed the price in CAD, however I was charged in USD causing additional fees which I had to have reversed by calling my bank and explaining the mixup and refund the difference in exchange rate.

Ended up having to pay more money than was initially listed on the website as well due to the technical issues.

Product was fine and arrived as expected though.

2016-03-09

Halo 14K Yellow Gold Engagement Ring + 1ct Round Diamond

"Perfect ring! Ben and Michelle were great. Only good things to say. Thanks!"

Share Zoara.com's store rating

Zoara.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Zoara.com is not a merchant member
Zoara.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!