"The lens arrived exactly as promised, in pristine condition, ready to use, on time. Return was very simple- will use ZipLens again, and have already told other photographers about it. (And we're in California!)"

"I've used other lens rental services before and left because they had poor customer service. From there, I started using Ziplens, and was completely refreshed by their customer service and kindness. People forget how much a smile and kind words can do for your business.

Ziplens is cool because they sometimes offer coupons on their twitter, and sometimes the rentals arrive a day early and they don't charge you extra if it happens. Plus, they send you reminders to mail your rental back. It's like they aren't trying to just take your money, they actually are interested in building a positive long term customer relationship with you. And they respond to emails quickly too!

"The rental process went smoothly and was completely painless. The lens I rented was clean and was in perfect condition. Everything was packed really nicely, and the return labels were all included. "

"This was my first time renting a lens from anyone and Ziplens had come highly recommended. These guys were great to work with. I got the Canon 70-200 f2.8 L lens to take on my trip to China.

Even with the insurance, the price was much cheaper than the lens. It showed up in my office the day it was supposed to.

I rented for two weeks, but needed the lens for one day longer. Writing with their email customer service was easy and they were prompt. They didn't charge me for the extra day.

The lens was in good shape and worked perfectly. It came with a sun shield and a tripod mount. I got some great pictures.

When it was time to send it back, I called FedEx Ground, but they didn't pick it up the same day. I was worried about late fees, but a quick email to Ziplens's support folks put that worry to rest immediately.

I would definitely rent from these guys again. Maybe a macro lens next time?

"Lens arrived on time and worked great. Got some great shots with it and returning it was painless."

"My second time using ziplens, and both times have been very satisfactory. My reservations were promptly filled exactly as I needed, the equipment in perfect condition. I would add to someone else's suggestion of a UV filter on the lens to help protect it as I don't carry them in sizes for the lens I don't own, and would add an additional layer of protection to the glass. I highly recommend this company and will continue to use them until I can afford that lens for myself!"

"Excellent experience. Was able to pre-order, and they delivered on time as promised. Well packaged and all the materials needed for return.

Lens was in excellent condition and included hood and tripod mount. (Maybe throw a UV Haze on the higher-end ones to protect the glass?)

I even needed to extend an extra week and a simple email was all it took. Excellent customer service!

"Everything was delivered as promised and the all of the packaging materials included made it a piece of cake to return the lens. Would definitely rent again before my next trip. "

"This was my first experience renting photo equipment, and Ziplens was awesome! Even though *I* waited until the last minute, they made sure I got my lens in time to practice before my event. Everything I needed was in the box, and it was simple to return. If you're thinking about trying Ziplens, don't hesitate."

"I placed an order with ZipLens and had the lens in hand literally 24 hours later. Their customer service is fantasic, accomodating, and very quick to respond to emails.
The entire rental process, from ordering online to return shipping, couldn't be any easier. They're a great choice for photographers looking for a "try before you buy" experience or just to get your hands on a high-end lens that you otherwise wouldn't be able to use.
GREAT experience! I look forward to renting again!

"If you're like me you WANT that better lens, but at $1,500 or more to purchase, it can be a while before you can fill that camera bag with all the lenses you would like. OR you have an occasional need for a special lens and can't justify the cost to go out and buy one. If either if these are true, then ZipLens is for you!

I stumbled across ZipLens as I was preparing for a two-week vacation to Hawaii. I did not realize opportunities like this existed. I promptly ordered two lenses to fill two voids in my equipment list. Communication from ZipLens was EXCELLENT! The lenses arrived on time and were both in perfect working order. I came home with incredible images I never would have been able to capture had it not been for ZipLens.

I will definitely use ZipLens again (great way to try out different lenses so you can test drive before you buy). It is refreshing to find a company that has an old fashioned "customer first" business philosophy. ZipLens was a pleasure to deal with and I wish them all the best.

"ZipLens had the lens I wanted in stock. The lens arrived just as described on the site, right on time, and carefully packaged with return postage inside.

The lens was immaculate.

ZipLens sent me a reminder email to return the lens, a good feature, and in my mind, a solid business practice in the world of specialized rentals such as this.

I also received a confirmation email that they received my lens when I returned it. All in all, ZipLens has been a wonderful experience, and I would highly recommend them.

"Great company to rent lenses from. I rented a 17-40L twice now, and I have always been pleased by the company's prompt response and customer service.

Rent a lens, Go out there, capture that award winning shot.

"The staff at Ziplens was incredibly accommodating and friendly. The actual lens was in great shape and performed as expected. The receipt confirmation email after I sent the lens back was nice, and I will definitely rent from Ziplens again."

modified review This review was modified by pragan4 on March 23 2009 04:57:39 PM

"Excellent website, ordering, shipment, notification."

ZipLens is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ZipLens is not a merchant member
ZipLens does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!