• Zenni Optical

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.79/10 4.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.33/10 5.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.63/10 3.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.82/10 3.82/10

"Surprising quality! Easy to select on a wide range of glasses! Possibility to customize your glasses chosing lens type, tint, coating, ...!
Great

"Ordered a pair of glasses from Zenni and paid for the ultra thin lenses (1.71 index = $80), when they arrived they were thicker than my current glasses. Sent them back and they agreed they were out of spec, they supposedly fixed them and sent back to me. When they arrived one lens had been changed but the other seemed to be the same, it was almost a 2mm difference in thickness yet my prescription is -3.0 in one eye and -2.75 in the other. Sent them back, they agreed they had stuffed it again and gave me a complete refund but made me chase them for a refund of the shipping expenses ($40). Whole process has taken several months, complete waste of time, very inconvenient. I would not recommend this to Australian customers - try Clearly Contacts or AusSpecs instead."

"I have a strong prescription that requires thicker lenses. Zenni makes an extra charges for glasses like mine to get the thinnest lenses and for the extra work required. Zenni is still really cheap on this compared to brick and mortar shops.

Compared directly to glasses from a locally owned optical shop, the Zenni lenses are thicker and heavier by about half an ounce. That is 30% to 50% heavier depending on the glasses. Also, the lens coatings are not as effective.

I have had three pairs of glasses delivered from Zenni. They took one back and made it over because of my mistake when I entered my prescription incorrectly. It is standard to remake a pair if the doctor made mistake in the prescription, so it was not unreasonable to expect the same in my case. However, as it was my mistake I felt it was good customer service all the same.

My opinion is that for heavier prescriptions like mine, it is better to go to a local shop if you can afford it. The glasses I got are mostly for back-up to other glasses and contacts, so they're good enough even though not as good. For good eyes requiring weak prescriptions, Zenni is a good choice.

"WARNING: While Zenni optical makes cheap glasses, they are all made and shipped from CHINA. I ordered 6 pairs of matching sunglasses for my wedding party. I provided clear notes to ZENNI optical that I needed the glasses for my wedding. I even called in and live chatted with their team. The problem is that the people you talk to are in the states, but the people controlling your order are in China and it appears that the two sides of the business don't communicate effectively. They had 15 days to make and deliver my glasses, which is less time than the 2-3 weeks they ask for. Which is why I contacted the team in the States so often, and was provided assurances that if China couldn't deliver in time they would notify the team in the States, who would in turn notify me right away. Well that didn't happen. Now with 3 days before my deadline they say they can't deliver them on time and offer me a 50% refund or credit for future orders. Shame on you Zenni optical, you really dropped the ball and have a very disappointed customer."

"Horrible service!
Never again with this company! do not buy here!! Shipping took so long that I decided to just buy me a pair of glasses near my house !!!! Still waiting on them !! And when I called costumer service, even when I told them that I needed this glasses asap they seemed like I was talking to a wall! I thought the least they could do Was to send me a pair overnight or fast shipping but they just told me to sit and wait !!!!!! Zenni you just lost a costumer !!!!!!

"I received my first pair of glasses from Zenni Optical today. Yesterday, I received a like pair from Walmart. There is no comparison. From now on, it only Zenni.

Thank you!

"I ordered my first pair of glasses from Zenni last April. They showed up a couple weeks later and they were perfect!! Haven't had a single problem with them! Plus, I only spent $68!! I heard about them through my sister in law. So, just found out my daughter needs glasses. They measured her at the drs office and gave me a quote on a pair, $319!!! I took all the info from their measuring and her prescription and ordered a pair off Zenni that even has engraving on it for $48!! No way am I going to pay hundreds of dollars for a child's glasses! Can't wait for hers to come! So glad we have this option!!"

"Customer service reps were very helpful and easy to deal with."

"It was quick and very easy to order."

"You can't trust Zenni! BEWARE!
I ordered a pair of prescription glasses from Zenni, after receiving them and wearing them for a couple of days, my eyes began to hurt. I took them to my optometrist's office to have the prescription checked. My doctor and another in the office both checked the glasses and determined that they were not manufactured according to my prescription. Furthermore, they used a right lens in the left side and the optical centers were uneven and way off. I was told that I could really damage my eyes by continuing to wear them.
I contacted customer service and after getting nowhere with the rep, I asked to speak to a supervisor. He refused to connect me with a supervisor for more than 45 minutes! He told me there was no supervisor and that a supervisor can't do anything anyway. The rep also told me my doctor must be lying to me because Zenni is a good company. Then later connected me to someone who said they were a supervisor.
I returned the glasses to Zenni who claimed that the glasses were fine and that nothing was wrong with them. They refused to refund my money saying I could get the glasses back or choose another pair from them. How could I possibly trust them with another pair after they messed up the others so badly and refused to acknowledge it???

"Never order glasses from this company: I've been using the same prescription for many years and always order the glasses with thin lenses. I placed the order with Zenni Optical on the most expensive thin lenses - and I got the thickest and heaviest glasses I've ever had. And Zenni didn't even want to replace that awful glasses that I can't use any more - I lost> $250 on this order."

"I have been purchasing from Zenni Optical for years now, and I have never had a problem with an order. I have never broken a pair... they last as long as my prescription!"

"You get what you pay for! After 1 year, one of the nosepads broke and fell off one of the frames. I've been wearing glasses for 50 years and this is the first time it's happened. I contacted Zenni and they sent me a small tool and a new nosepad to repair it.

Then a new Zenni frame popped a screw and dropped a lens after 3 months (junk metal in frame could not hold onto screw). They emailed me that I had to buy a new frame because and I quote "Your order has beyond our one month warranty, no replacement or refund can be made." So buyer beware, cheap Chinese junk!

Latest disaster: on my third pair, the anti-reflective coating failed because I apparently sat too close to a campfire. The heat caused the coating to "wrinkle" and the glasses are now almost opaque, therefore unusable.

Zenni produce throw-away glasses.

"Great product great service"

"Lenses were impossible to use. I threw them away as no returns are permitted."

Share Zenni Optical's store rating

Zenni Optical is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Zenni Optical is a merchant member
Zenni Optical participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,888 merchant members.