• Zenni Optical

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.40/10 5.40/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.73/10 5.73/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.43/10 4.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.03/10 4.03/10

"Love Zenni Optical! Just ordered two pairs of glasses for my daughter and she loves both of them. Great prices and many styles to choose from."

"Love their glasses but their website is very user unfriendly. No way to save items to cart. I went to all the trouble of researching and placing an order for 3 pair- right down to the point of entering a credit card - then saved to my cart. Went back in to place the order today and my cart is empty and the order was not saved so now I have to start all over. Frustrating!"

"Love my new glasses! Super happy with the frames, they look great on me"

"I just purchased my first pair of glasses from Zenni . I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised! I read all the reviews and they were mixed, but I went ahead and ordered anyway. I bought 2 pair. I have a very high prescription (bad eyes) so 1 pair I ordered with the works- high index lenses, non glare, a frame, and clip on sunglasses and they only cost me $70. Now, for the same pair at WalMart, these glasses were going to cost me over $250, after insurance! Yikes right?! After ordering the pair with the works, I wondered about the quality of just their basic pair. So, I ordered a $6.95 frame and got the free lenses (polycarbonate, mid index) without the non glare. And to my surprise, even though the lenses are thicker, the quality was really great! I'm very pleased and I would recommend Zenni Optical to anyone! They took about 3 weeks to get to me, but the wait is worth it. Really, it's only about a week longer than the Dr's office. To save that much money and get a quality product, I will wait the extra week. OH, and I lost a nosepad, contacted Zenni, and they sent me a bunch of nosepads, screws, and a little screwdriver- FREE! I will never buy glasses at the Dr's office again. My main suggestions would be to check check and double check your prescription when you put it in to make sure there are no mistakes and don't measure your PD yourself. When you get your eye exam, your Dr. will do it for you. Just ask them for it. You don't want to get that wrong. :)"

"Love the interface that lets you try on the glasses, though the size of the glasses width-wide isn't truly proportional. Navigating the site can be a little challenging. The three pairs of glasses I ordered were done correctly, were just as advertised, and have endured for 7 months with no issues at all. I've ordered 3 more pair since then!"

"Ordered a set of glasses on a December promotion, took over a month to ship. Then, when they arrived, I had headaches. I figured I just needed to get used to the new prescription - ultimately my optometrist measured the glasses and found that zenni had made them wrong, but now they refuse to fix their mistake. When ordering from Zenni, factor in the cost and effort of getting the prescription verified after they are ultimately delivered, and realize it is cheaper to shop elsewhere. "

"Surprising quality! Easy to select on a wide range of glasses! Possibility to customize your glasses chosing lens type, tint, coating, ...!
Great

"Ordered a pair of glasses from Zenni and paid for the ultra thin lenses (1.71 index = $80), when they arrived they were thicker than my current glasses. Sent them back and they agreed they were out of spec, they supposedly fixed them and sent back to me. When they arrived one lens had been changed but the other seemed to be the same, it was almost a 2mm difference in thickness yet my prescription is -3.0 in one eye and -2.75 in the other. Sent them back, they agreed they had stuffed it again and gave me a complete refund but made me chase them for a refund of the shipping expenses ($40). Whole process has taken several months, complete waste of time, very inconvenient. I would not recommend this to Australian customers - try Clearly Contacts or AusSpecs instead."

"I have a strong prescription that requires thicker lenses. Zenni makes an extra charges for glasses like mine to get the thinnest lenses and for the extra work required. Zenni is still really cheap on this compared to brick and mortar shops.

Compared directly to glasses from a locally owned optical shop, the Zenni lenses are thicker and heavier by about half an ounce. That is 30% to 50% heavier depending on the glasses. Also, the lens coatings are not as effective.

I have had three pairs of glasses delivered from Zenni. They took one back and made it over because of my mistake when I entered my prescription incorrectly. It is standard to remake a pair if the doctor made mistake in the prescription, so it was not unreasonable to expect the same in my case. However, as it was my mistake I felt it was good customer service all the same.

My opinion is that for heavier prescriptions like mine, it is better to go to a local shop if you can afford it. The glasses I got are mostly for back-up to other glasses and contacts, so they're good enough even though not as good. For good eyes requiring weak prescriptions, Zenni is a good choice.

"WARNING: While Zenni optical makes cheap glasses, they are all made and shipped from CHINA. I ordered 6 pairs of matching sunglasses for my wedding party. I provided clear notes to ZENNI optical that I needed the glasses for my wedding. I even called in and live chatted with their team. The problem is that the people you talk to are in the states, but the people controlling your order are in China and it appears that the two sides of the business don't communicate effectively. They had 15 days to make and deliver my glasses, which is less time than the 2-3 weeks they ask for. Which is why I contacted the team in the States so often, and was provided assurances that if China couldn't deliver in time they would notify the team in the States, who would in turn notify me right away. Well that didn't happen. Now with 3 days before my deadline they say they can't deliver them on time and offer me a 50% refund or credit for future orders. Shame on you Zenni optical, you really dropped the ball and have a very disappointed customer."

"Horrible service!
Never again with this company! do not buy here!! Shipping took so long that I decided to just buy me a pair of glasses near my house !!!! Still waiting on them !! And when I called costumer service, even when I told them that I needed this glasses asap they seemed like I was talking to a wall! I thought the least they could do Was to send me a pair overnight or fast shipping but they just told me to sit and wait !!!!!! Zenni you just lost a costumer !!!!!!

"I received my first pair of glasses from Zenni Optical today. Yesterday, I received a like pair from Walmart. There is no comparison. From now on, it only Zenni.

Thank you!

"I ordered my first pair of glasses from Zenni last April. They showed up a couple weeks later and they were perfect!! Haven't had a single problem with them! Plus, I only spent $68!! I heard about them through my sister in law. So, just found out my daughter needs glasses. They measured her at the drs office and gave me a quote on a pair, $319!!! I took all the info from their measuring and her prescription and ordered a pair off Zenni that even has engraving on it for $48!! No way am I going to pay hundreds of dollars for a child's glasses! Can't wait for hers to come! So glad we have this option!!"

"Customer service reps were very helpful and easy to deal with."

"It was quick and very easy to order."

Share Zenni Optical's store rating

Zenni Optical is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Zenni Optical is a merchant member
Zenni Optical participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,839 merchant members.