Stores > Zenni Optical

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.77/10 8.77/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.45/10 8.45/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.70/10 7.70/10

2017-02-09

Lots of cute frames, just not for me

"I have a slim head size and finding petite frames that can handle progressive lenses is not something I can do online. The frames were just slightly too large AND the arm broke in half on the first pair I ordered. The 2nd pair were enormous and fell off my face several times after bending over. I'm sure many customers have success in ordering online glasses, I'm just not lucky enough to be one of them. I think the 30 day initial purchase window is very skimpy. It should be more like 60 days, especially since the customer is not able to physically try them on. I also find it a little disappointing that I can only get my full refund back with an in-store credit (if within the 30 day window). I have learned after purchasing 2 sets of glasses with Zenni, that there are no frames small enough for my head size that I can get progressive lenses in. SO since I cannot get any glasses from Zenni, I'm going to have to make my husband use my credit and order him a pair of glasses. He needs them anyway and Zenni's prices are amazing. "

This review was modified by missih20 on February 14 2017 12:00:11 AM

2017-02-07

Nice frames and a large selection and priced well

"You get what you pay for and the glasses are very nice.
I ordered a pair of glasses locally that cost about $300 but they were Coach name brand and are sturdier than what I ordered from Zenni. The glasses fit well and the prescription was correct. My error in ordering the first time and they replaced them. Confirm your prescription prior to order. It's easy to put a + instead of a - on your order.
I'm ordering bi-focals now.

This review was modified by vicki-88122 on February 09 2017 06:30:01 AM

2017-02-01

"I had a really great experience with Zenni. I messed up my first prescription and everyone was very helpful in helping me get what I needed to get to fix the problem. I will definitely order from Zenni again. "

This review was modified by tsnystrom on February 03 2017 10:30:02 AM

2017-01-31

DISSATISFYING

"After returning from a foreign assignment I tried the eyeglasses and I can not read, I get them to my ophthalmologist and I was told that the progressive feature was missing.

I had to change to my old glasses again!!!!

This review was modified by marcosmelendez on February 02 2017 01:00:01 PM

2017-01-30

LOVE the frames but--Not Seeing Clearly

"I am not sure if the prescription is accurate. I am not seeing the best. Not sure if the center of the vision is correct, if that is the problem or what. I was trying to get used to them but I would like you to check them if you can."

This review was modified by rhuntwise on February 01 2017 05:45:02 PM

2017-01-27

wrong order received

"I see all these happy customers yet I have to be the sour one of the bunch. I received order within 10 days of ordering. However, the order wasn't even the order I had placed. I contacted customer service over the phone and the man told me he would put in a rush for the order to be made and sent out. Said that the order would be here at my home sometime next week. Stated I would receive an email shortly with all the details. I waited. Nothing. I emailed the company. No reply. The next day I contacted customer service via chat. I was told that I would have to wait up to a month before receiving my order! Said the lap was out for the week. Fine, I understand factories sometimes do this for whatever reason. But then told me I would still have to wait an additional 2.5-4 weeks after they return. She told me they only do standard shipping. That is what I had paid for in the beginning. But I do remember there being 2 other options. Priority and overnight. I asked since all this is an inconvenience that all I am going to get is an apology and a longer wait time to even get my glasses. She gets her supervisor. Then tells me they can send it priority. 10-14 days shipping. So I ask her, so basically what I paid for in the beginning. She says, no you paid for standard which is 3-4 weeks. So I then correct her again, she said the lab would be out for a week, so again, basically the same amount of time. She then says she will send in my issue to the lab but to kindly wait 7 days for an email for a reply. I then just asked for my money back. Normally I'm not this person to be the aggravating customer. I just want what I paid for. MY glasses. MY order. My current glasses are scratched up and I can barely see right. For just $10 more I could have gone through my current eye doctor and got 2 pairs of glasses. I tried this company because of good reviews and their wider selection of cute glasses. I feel this is unfair to me as a customer who is not made of money. So this is my review. I also printed out said conversation and will be waiting on their reply by next Friday. If they can correct this issue and make me a happy customer then and only then will I come back to fix this rating. Thank you.
I am also waiting on a shipping label for the script of glasses that were sent to me that obviously belong to someone else in need of their glasses. I was told that shipping label would be emailed to me at the time of the phone call yesterday. Again, still no email received.

This review was modified by hrns1984 on January 31 2017 12:01:46 AM

Fantastic glasses!

"The glasses I got were perfect. The prescription was correct, the style was exactly as shown and can't go wrong with the great prices.
I will always get my glasses from Zenni from now on.

This review was modified by sagunhj on January 26 2017 08:45:02 PM

2017-01-24

"Love the glasses i have order 3 pair so far because they are wonderful!"

This review was modified by clearwater79_mm on January 26 2017 11:00:02 AM

I see you

"Fast manufacture of glasses with all the quality and precision needed for an awesome set of bifocals. I recommend Zenni to anyone who needs glasses or when I get compliments on mine. Thanks :-)"

This review was modified by jmvickers53 on January 26 2017 09:00:01 AM

BUYER BEWARE - BE VERY CAREFUL WHICH FRAMES YOU PURCHASE

"I purchased 3 frames, and one, the temple was too tight against the back of my ear. It hurts.

The 2nd one broke one day while I was at the gym, the temple just broke and fell right off my face. When I called Zenni, they said I had to purchase another frame for 1/2 price, and also pay for shipping. How ridiculous. They do not cover their products. So beware.
And I have a problem with the rude customer service. They are cold and uncaring.

The 3rd one (checkered) so far, so good.

This review was modified by kemi_salako on January 26 2017 08:00:02 AM

2017-01-22

Awesome

"Beautiful and what an awesome price!!"

This review was modified by brandybonnell on January 24 2017 06:45:02 AM

2017-01-20

Valid

"Greatest pair of frames i cant wait to purchase another "

This review was modified by yungdevpbz on January 24 2017 12:01:57 AM

2017-01-20

WARNING!! ZENNI WILL RIP YOU OFF

"Do not waste time and money with Zenni. I have ordered a number of glasses off of Zenni and can confirm this is a China based business that is ripping off North Americans under the impression that it is USA quality glasses. The quality is so poor as I have had metalic finish quickly rubbing off on shiny metals frames, acetate frames easily breaking, and scratch proof lens scratching within weeks. Of course this all after 30 days so you are left high and dry, unlike competitors that offer returns with 365 days.

Understandably for any operation online there maybe issues so a hassle free return policy is the critical to give you the security of ordering glasses online. All online glasses retailers such as Warby Parker, GlassesUSA offer hassle free returns and exchanges so the assumption and the marketing Zenni of 100% refunds is to believe Zenni has similiar policies. NOT.

First Zenni does not offer credit or refund on shipping. So if there is an issue and you are successful in getting a credit for a return you will have paid original shipping, return shipping of the original glasses and shipping again to get the new glasses. A 100% credit for the glasses but you will have paid shipping 3 times for a return. Also if you have returned a pair of glasses you can no longer get 100% credit. Zenni policy is that they will offer 50% credit on a future order in addition if you that credit on a multiple order for your family all those glasses will also no longer be eligible for an exchange or credit.

Avoid at all costs the Zenni scam, this is simply a cheap Chinese glasses manufacturer with a hidden restrictive return policy. They will flood the internet with positive testimonials to drown out the horror stories.

Trust me I found out the hard way.

This review was modified by ianthorley on January 25 2017 04:58:38 PM

2017-01-19

"Love my new glasses, from the quality to the fit, perfect!"

This review was modified by jilllyles on January 24 2017 12:00:56 AM

2017-01-17

Great as long as there are no problems.

"I've been using Zenni for years and always satisfied, until I got a pair that snuck passed Quality Control.

The prescription was off. Firstly, this was problematic, because as on online retailer I have to take the glasses to Zenni's competitors to have it checked out before I initiate the return process - which of course they are not happy about. Then, when I initiated the process to get a return authorization, I had to email them about three times...each time repeating what the prescription was supposed to be, and subsequently what it was. Then when they finally gave me a return authorization number I had to print out the problem again and include it in the package.

Eventually I got an email admitting that they messed up - and offering only 100% back in store credit (which is what they claim they will do even if the mistake wasn't theirs).

None of this would have been a big deal when my prescription was lighter, and the glasses cost me $12. But now that I'm paying $60+ I can't just order multiple pairs when the first one doesn't turn out.

This review was modified by dornkirk on January 19 2017 07:00:02 PM

Share Zenni Optical's store rating

Zenni Optical is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Zenni Optical is a merchant member
Zenni Optical participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,446 merchant members.