• Zales

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.36/10 1.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT order anything from Zales ever again. I saw a very pretty set of aquamarine earrings that I wanted to get as a Valentine's Day present for my daughter. If you go to Zales.com, they have a picture of the most beautiful, brightly colored set of Aquamarine earrings. I thought this was the perfect gift so I ordered them. To my surprise, when I received them they looked like a cheap set of CZ and had no tint of blue whatsoever. I got in touch with customer service and they hide behind the "The aquamarines pictured may have been treated or enhanced by heating" disclaimer. Ok, I get that they may be a shade or two lighter, but what I received has NO blue tint whatsoever? Do they care about customer service and did they ask how they could make it up to me? No, I got an offer that I could return them, place another order, and hope I get a bluer set. Totally unacceptable customer service response and you can bet that I will give them a negative review and show my displeasure all over social media. If you want proof of what the internet shows and what I reeived, let me know. RUN from Zales."

modified review This review was modified by jmatthewsrr on February 20 2015 11:51:53 AM

"I ordered a necklace from Zales.com that was supposed to ship within 2-3 weeks. I figured this would be ample time seems how the birthday it was ordered for was over 6 weeks away. I could not have been more WRONG. A week past the estimated shipping date I got suspicious and decided to give customer service a call. They informed me that the item would not be shipping for another 2 weeks. While this was upsetting, it was something I could live with. When the next shipping date arrives I get no email. I wait until the next day to call and I am then informed this item will not be shipping for over a month later. To sum up my story: the item should have taken 2-3 weeks, if they were correct about their last shipping estimate it would have taken 10. That is one ruined birthday and one lost customer....not to mention the plethora of people I convince not to use this lackluster company in the future."

modified review This review was modified by chip_1672 on February 01 2015 09:49:15 AM

"I buy all my jewelry from zales and I have no problems with them or their service it might just be the location of what all the other reviews giving. One of the best stores I've ever been to a bad name zales has never let me down maybe y'all should move to athens ga they are the best."

modified review This review was modified by kingpolo81 on January 31 2015 04:31:40 AM

"I wanted to relay a terrible experience I had with Zales in the North Shore Mall in Peabody, MA. I tried to exchange a gift and was told by the store manager that every return or exchange must have a receipt or you're stuck with the product "per Massachusetts law." I called the Zales corporate office who said that is totally wrong and against their policy. It's also not "the law." The store manager seems to be up to something.... Yet the corporate customer service office wasn't able to help other than "we'll have to send this complain to the district manager which will take a few days.""

modified review This review was modified by jimmyKs on January 30 2015 12:58:06 PM

"DO NOT BUY FROM ZALES. I got engaged on 01/01 right after the stroke of midnight on New Years eve. My ring fit perfect at the time because my hand was swollen due to a freak accident. When my hand came back down to normal the ring was about a size too big so on jan 4th i went to zales and dropped it off to be sized down. Its been almost a MONTH and my ring is still not back yet. I tried calling but no answer for hours. I called zales costumer service and the machine is on saying they are closed even though i call inbetween their store hours. I called yesterday they said my ring will be in the next day. I call today and its not in and due to the snow we are expecting it prob wont be in until Wednesday. If i can give them negative stars I would."

modified review This review was modified by aortega2014 on January 26 2015 09:36:14 AM

"I ordered a gift for my girlfriend's 30th birthday online and it was supposed to be sent to my local store. I was not notified that the store was closed so my package was sent back to their corporate headquarters. I was never told that this happened and when I finally figured it out, they only offered me a 10% discount on a new item which I already received with an online coupon code. I was left without a birthday gift and they offered no other help. Do not shop with them for anything important!"

modified review This review was modified by EricL112 on January 23 2015 10:36:05 AM

"My husband purchased a band for me for Christmas from Zales online. We waited forever to recieve it luckily he had me try it on before Christmas because it was nothing like the pretty picture online. I went to take it off to put it back in the box so we could return it and it dropped and one of the tiny diamonds fell out! We found it and put it back on the ring and returned it the next day. Needless to say, we didnt purchase anything else from Zales."

modified review This review was modified by martis582 on January 21 2015 03:46:19 AM

"My fiancé bought my engagement ring on June 2014, and he proposed on August 2nd. Two weeks after the proposal, two diamonds came out (I don't wear it washing dishes, folding clothes, I DONT DIG DITCHES FOR A LIVING), and I took it back to get it fixed. I didn't understand how it could already break since I don't even do hard labor. They send it off for 2 weeks, and I get it back during the first week in September. Here it is January and another stone came out. Guess what! I supposedly don't have a diamond bond. I have the insurance plan but no diamond bond. Nobody told my fiancé about a diamond bond when he got it! Why are we just now hearing about it? We could have returned it after the 60 day warranty but he didn't propose until 3 days after the warranty expired. My ring has been a problem since I got it. It's defective. My fiancé can't get his money back. DONT BUY AN INSURANCE PLAN= useless. DONT GET A RING FROM ZALES= they will cheat you out of a lot of money. TERRIBLE SERVICE. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. IM NOT HAPPY. DONT SHOP THERE!! "

modified review This review was modified by sdcovi13 on January 13 2015 04:36:56 PM

"I will never go back to zales ever again.

I took my ring in to get it resized in September of 2014.
My fiancé took it in on a Thursday, and the manager told him it would be back on Monday. Well, it wasn't. So my fiancé called and called then after 3 weeks, it showed up on a Tuesday.

Within, 2 weeks of having my ring back, where they resized it, it cracked. So we had to take another trip back to Zales, and they did the repair for free. No big deal. But it took them a month to do the repair? After it got shipped back to Zales, they had to resend it in, cause it wasn't made right? And they didn't even call us to inform that they were sending it back, or to give us another repair number.

After a month, we got it back, and not even 3 weeks later, one of the diamond pieces falls out, and looks like they tried gluing it back on. Thank you Zales for making my first engagement ring look like complete crap.

modified review This review was modified by zappmg13 on January 09 2015 11:44:56 AM

"Does not honor gordons jewelers diamond bond warranties... extreamly unsatisfied with the lifetime warranty; an absolute scam... do not purchase extended warranties or for that matter do not purchase anything from Zales or Gordons jewelers...."

"After only a few uses, a diamond stud fell out of a pendant. I contacted Zales and was informed there is no warranty for any item under $200. So it was a big sorry Charlie, you're out of luck. Buyer beware! Zales has lost any future business of mine. "

"i got this silver and gold bracelet for my boyfriend at ZALES . Less than a week after the bracelet parts fell off and i paid for a warranty unfortunately i lost it. but i still called the store and the lady assured me that she might be able to pull off my record which she did she said within a week i will get a call from them. A week and three days later since i never received a call from them my boyfriend goes there to claim the bracelet she says that they called me without answer and i did not returned their call. my friend was like ok so is the bracelet ready?(have to mention it was a different lady) she gave him some attitude and said yes when she pulled off the bracelet it wasn't even fixed nothing.. she was like oops "i might need the warranty paper" he said i clearly mentioned i lost it then she said she couldn't do a thing without it which i understood but how was she able to find the record of my purchase and couldn't find the warranty on it? Also she said that the reason the bracelet wasnt fixed its was because it could not be fixed and without that blank black paper called warranty she is not able to give me a new one. he just figured she she did not want to help. my boyfriend then took the bracelet and gave it to those good jewelries guys at the mall in 15 minutes they fixed it for 10$ she just did not want to help"

modified review This review was modified by isyk3 on September 18 2014 11:48:11 AM

Zales User

"I purchased my wifes bridal set from Zales at the Oakland Mall store in Troy, MI. A week later I went back to have it sized and the store was closed for good! Gone without telling anyone!!! Then 2 months later one of the stones in it had fallen out, we called the company and they said only the GOLD was under warranty!? Im like what the HELL!!!! They claimed they said that it stated that online but it didnt and they wont replace the stone without me paying an arm and leg for it. Never again will I shop there"

"I took some jewelry to the Zales in Chesapeake Square of Chesapeake, Va. I originally purchased my jewelry from Gordon's which had closed. My jewelry was scheduled to be ready on July 18, 2014, however, I was called on July 15 and told that my jewelry was ready. Upon arrival at the store only one piece of jewelry was ready. I live approximately 60 miles from the store. I informed the Sales Consultant that I felt like Zales should compensate me for having to make 2 trips because of the flaw that was obviously on their part. Matthew Davenport offered me $20.00 out of his pocket and stated he was doing this because he was tired of dealing with me. How's that for customer service."

modified review This review was modified by ladymajet7 on July 16 2014 01:19:32 PM

"My first experience wasn't good. We bought "prestige" diamond earrings, very expensive, both of them had major blemishes, no magnifying needed!! One had a crack all the way across, another one had about 2x2mm chunk right in the middle that looked like was going to fall out pretty soon. One diamond was very cloudy. That was my Christmas present. I returned it promptly to the store. The good thing is that they accepted return with no questions asked, they were very nice but not surprised at all the earrings were defective. They knew exactly what they sold to us! Of course they tried to sell me something else, but the trust is gone, I left and took my money somewhere else."

modified review This review was modified by thepretty on March 11 2013 10:42:16 PM

Share Zales's store rating

Zales is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Zales is not a merchant member
Zales does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!