Stores > Zales

• Zales

2016-06-15

Rip off!

"bought an engagement ring from Zales last November; triology, 14 ct gold. Looked beautiful and not cheap at $2500. Relationship didn't work out so I tried to sell my ring. Very few jewellers were interested, pointing out that it was worth a fraction of what we had paid. The last one I took it to found a large crack rights across the central stone (showed me) so reluctantly offered me $300. I took it for fear that I would get nothing at all. Very annoyed at the waste of money. "

This review was modified by EveHitchens on June 15 2016 12:08:00 AM

2016-04-07

Thieves

"My husband and I went into Zales to look around the associate came up and offer to clean my wedding ring, she took it back to be clean but then came to me and told me one of my diamonds were loose which she showed me and it was, she said that they could send it off to have it tighten. I was reluctant to do it but I didn't want to lose my diamond so I accepted. The associate asked me how much we paid for my ring and I had told her I wasn't sure it was 15 years ago that we purchased the ring, she told me just give me a number that you think, she didn't explain that this would be the insurance on my ring if it happen to get lost or stolen. She gave me a receipt and had me sign it and said I was signing to ship it off. It was supposed to return in 2 weeks, when I didn't get a call I called on the due date, they said they hadn't received there shipment from UPS yet that day but when they did they would call. The following week I received a call from the store manager stating that they shipped my ring with UPS and within UPS someone stole the box, he stated they were going to do an investigation and that if they couldn't retrive my ring I can get something in there store for $2500, when my ring is valued at $3900, or receive a check, needless to say they never recovered my ring and I told them I wanted a check that I would not purchase anything in there store. He explained that I had to wait 4 weeks or so to get the check because they have to send everything to the corporate office. The manager Paul was not sympathetic and very rude, told me I signed for $2500 and when I explained the lady never told me it was for insurance he said it didn't matter! It's not about the money to me it's about the service and the sentimental value of my wedding ring!!Don't ever go to Zales and don't ever trust them with you precious jewelry. "

This review was modified by Zannyblue on April 08 2016 03:06:35 PM

2016-04-03

Altogether Crap

"Their merchandise looks nothing like the pictures. The products are made with low quality no matter what you pay for them. Mine fell apart almost immediately after I had already gifted it to someone. It was embarrassing! The prices are constantly going up even when they say 'clearance' for months! The product I purchased begun its price at the 'reduced' price of, about $100. I found it months before purchasing and kept going back to check if it was still there, since, according to the store, it was on 'clearance'. But a while later when I went back to buy the necklace, I noticed the price had gone up, but still said it was on clearance and STILL said the price was 'reduced'. The price was $250. I notified the store of that. They simply told me it was not possible and dismissed the issue. I figured I was just imaging things and purchased the product anyway. Then, when I went back to review the necklace, I noticed the price had gone up AGAIN and still said 'reduced' and 'clearance'.. By that point, it was up to $370. ALSO, their customer service is completely abysmal! When attempting to resolve my issue with their faulty product, all they did was send me to their store TO PAY THEM TO FIX WHAT CRAP THEY SOLD ME. On top of all that, they wanted me to give them more of my money to fix THEIR mistake.. DO NOT ASSOCIATE YOURSELF WITH THIS STORE IS YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY AND TIME!!"

This review was modified by R.moreno on April 03 2016 08:38:21 AM

2016-02-14

Incompetence with the audacity of rudely poor customer service

"I visited the Southaven Towne Center location on Feb.12, 2016. Upon entering the store, I was not greeted until 10 minutes later after I walked around the display cases. Each associate was busy so I took a seat until the next available associate acknowledged me. Susan was not friendly at all. She made little eye contact with me. She was the next available so I figured I would move forward with my purchase. She was unable to find the ring I was interested in online. In her attempt to order it online, she asked for my bank card and held onto it during my entire visit. I was extremely uneasy with the fact that she walked throughout the store with my bank card in her hand. Needless to say, I followed her every move with my eyes. I was unable to see which item she was ordering from her computer. When she read the description back to me, I realized she almost ordered the wrong ring! She was about to order the closest thing to the item she saw. I immediately stopped her. I pulled the item up on my phone and showed her the info. She tried "several" times to find the ring on the Zales website until she finally"found it". She went on to mention that since the Morganite was "not a real diamond" I would need to purchase a $160 service plan. I was under the impression that my ring qualified for the free 6 month service plan. After bringing it to her attention, she said they were two separate plans and I needed to purchase the $160 plan in addition to it. I also asked to be sized for accuracy before she placed my order and she commented that my knuckles were "big". Please keep in mind that my ring size is 6.5. As a customer, I was appalled and did not feel like a valuable customer. I felt she treated me as less of a human and was not only rude but incompetent in her field! She obviously did not have the customers best interest in hand. Not once did she apologize for her grievous mistake which was more than a mere oversight. I believe Susan and everyone employed at this location from management to the floor sales representatives could benefit highly from not only sensitivity training but also common core customer service values and ethics training. "

2016-02-14

ALL NEGATIVE REVIEWS- DO THE MATH. Zales ruined valentines day

"Zales said it would arrive by 14th.
I even emailed customer service to be sure and they reassured me it would arrive in time.
Well, it didn't. I wish I had checked here first before ordering from this crappy company.

2015-06-23

"I will NEVER shop there again. My wife and I wanted to get new rings for our 10th anniversary. My wife chose two wedding bands, and I chose a ring for myself. The display ring that I tried on was too small so the sales lady told me it would need to be resized. She never mentioned the extra cost of the resizing until after I paid for the ring. After that she tells me that I need to pay an additional $35 to have the ring resized, or wait 6 weeks for it to be shipped out and returned. When my wife asked her why we weren't told about this before swiping my card she simply stated she "forgot". I also had to pay another $50 for the warranty on the ring. The only problem is they don't explain to you that the warranty doesn't cover diamonds on items over $200. So, I basically paid for a warranty that does not cover my ring. The warranty does cover resizing of the ring but if I need to use that service then I have to ship the ring out for 6 weeks or pay another $35 to have the sizing done by a local jeweler (not ZALES).

After we gave in and paid the $35 for expedited sizing, the sales lady told us the ring would be ready by 7:30-8:00 pm the next day (Saturday). When I called to check on the ring the next day I was told that the sales lady misinformed me (YET AGAIN), and that the jeweler doesn't come in to pick up repairs until 8:00pm (Saturday). Now here it is Tuesday and I still don't have the wedding ring I paid for.

I absolutely refuse to do business with Zales again. I've shopped at their competitors in the past and it's never been like this.

This review was modified by D.Utsey on June 23 2015 11:26:40 AM

2015-04-27

"I bought a ring for the girlfriend she has had is 65 days and the center ring fell off so I called the want more to repair it then what it cost me then she said oh well that's all it can be done like really u can't send another one out to me like what a shity company and shity service will never shop there again or recommen to anyone"

This review was modified by ryanshipley33 on April 27 2015 03:16:43 PM

2015-04-08

"Shopped online for a xmas present for a medical bracelet for my husband. It was too big went to local zales business and they ate going to charge me $45 dollars for a $250 bracelet, said because i bought online they won't correct problem for a discount or for free. No very good customer service,when i can got to other jewelry stores and they don't charge me for sizing. Great bracelet bad customer service."

2015-02-20

"Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT order anything from Zales ever again. I saw a very pretty set of aquamarine earrings that I wanted to get as a Valentine's Day present for my daughter. If you go to Zales.com, they have a picture of the most beautiful, brightly colored set of Aquamarine earrings. I thought this was the perfect gift so I ordered them. To my surprise, when I received them they looked like a cheap set of CZ and had no tint of blue whatsoever. I got in touch with customer service and they hide behind the "The aquamarines pictured may have been treated or enhanced by heating" disclaimer. Ok, I get that they may be a shade or two lighter, but what I received has NO blue tint whatsoever? Do they care about customer service and did they ask how they could make it up to me? No, I got an offer that I could return them, place another order, and hope I get a bluer set. Totally unacceptable customer service response and you can bet that I will give them a negative review and show my displeasure all over social media. If you want proof of what the internet shows and what I reeived, let me know. RUN from Zales."

This review was modified by jmatthewsrr on February 20 2015 11:51:53 AM

2015-02-01

"I ordered a necklace from Zales.com that was supposed to ship within 2-3 weeks. I figured this would be ample time seems how the birthday it was ordered for was over 6 weeks away. I could not have been more WRONG. A week past the estimated shipping date I got suspicious and decided to give customer service a call. They informed me that the item would not be shipping for another 2 weeks. While this was upsetting, it was something I could live with. When the next shipping date arrives I get no email. I wait until the next day to call and I am then informed this item will not be shipping for over a month later. To sum up my story: the item should have taken 2-3 weeks, if they were correct about their last shipping estimate it would have taken 10. That is one ruined birthday and one lost customer....not to mention the plethora of people I convince not to use this lackluster company in the future."

This review was modified by chip_1672 on February 01 2015 09:49:15 AM

2015-01-31

"I buy all my jewelry from zales and I have no problems with them or their service it might just be the location of what all the other reviews giving. One of the best stores I've ever been to a bad name zales has never let me down maybe y'all should move to athens ga they are the best."

This review was modified by kingpolo81 on January 31 2015 04:31:40 AM

2015-01-30

"I wanted to relay a terrible experience I had with Zales in the North Shore Mall in Peabody, MA. I tried to exchange a gift and was told by the store manager that every return or exchange must have a receipt or you're stuck with the product "per Massachusetts law." I called the Zales corporate office who said that is totally wrong and against their policy. It's also not "the law." The store manager seems to be up to something.... Yet the corporate customer service office wasn't able to help other than "we'll have to send this complain to the district manager which will take a few days.""

This review was modified by jimmyKs on January 30 2015 12:58:06 PM

2015-01-26

"DO NOT BUY FROM ZALES. I got engaged on 01/01 right after the stroke of midnight on New Years eve. My ring fit perfect at the time because my hand was swollen due to a freak accident. When my hand came back down to normal the ring was about a size too big so on jan 4th i went to zales and dropped it off to be sized down. Its been almost a MONTH and my ring is still not back yet. I tried calling but no answer for hours. I called zales costumer service and the machine is on saying they are closed even though i call inbetween their store hours. I called yesterday they said my ring will be in the next day. I call today and its not in and due to the snow we are expecting it prob wont be in until Wednesday. If i can give them negative stars I would."

This review was modified by aortega2014 on January 26 2015 09:36:14 AM

2015-01-23

"I ordered a gift for my girlfriend's 30th birthday online and it was supposed to be sent to my local store. I was not notified that the store was closed so my package was sent back to their corporate headquarters. I was never told that this happened and when I finally figured it out, they only offered me a 10% discount on a new item which I already received with an online coupon code. I was left without a birthday gift and they offered no other help. Do not shop with them for anything important!"

This review was modified by EricL112 on January 23 2015 10:36:05 AM

2015-01-21

"My husband purchased a band for me for Christmas from Zales online. We waited forever to recieve it luckily he had me try it on before Christmas because it was nothing like the pretty picture online. I went to take it off to put it back in the box so we could return it and it dropped and one of the tiny diamonds fell out! We found it and put it back on the ring and returned it the next day. Needless to say, we didnt purchase anything else from Zales."

This review was modified by martis582 on January 21 2015 03:46:19 AM

Share Zales's store rating

Zales is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Zales is not a merchant member
Zales does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!