Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"After only a few uses, a diamond stud fell out of a pendant. I contacted Zales and was informed there is no warranty for any item under $200. So it was a big sorry Charlie, you're out of luck. Buyer beware! Zales has lost any future business of mine. "

"i got this silver and gold bracelet for my boyfriend at ZALES . Less than a week after the bracelet parts fell off and i paid for a warranty unfortunately i lost it. but i still called the store and the lady assured me that she might be able to pull off my record which she did she said within a week i will get a call from them. A week and three days later since i never received a call from them my boyfriend goes there to claim the bracelet she says that they called me without answer and i did not returned their call. my friend was like ok so is the bracelet ready?(have to mention it was a different lady) she gave him some attitude and said yes when she pulled off the bracelet it wasn't even fixed nothing.. she was like oops "i might need the warranty paper" he said i clearly mentioned i lost it then she said she couldn't do a thing without it which i understood but how was she able to find the record of my purchase and couldn't find the warranty on it? Also she said that the reason the bracelet wasnt fixed its was because it could not be fixed and without that blank black paper called warranty she is not able to give me a new one. he just figured she she did not want to help. my boyfriend then took the bracelet and gave it to those good jewelries guys at the mall in 15 minutes they fixed it for 10$ she just did not want to help"

modified review This review was modified by isyk3 on September 18 2014 11:48:11 AM

Zales User

"I purchased my wifes bridal set from Zales at the Oakland Mall store in Troy, MI. A week later I went back to have it sized and the store was closed for good! Gone without telling anyone!!! Then 2 months later one of the stones in it had fallen out, we called the company and they said only the GOLD was under warranty!? Im like what the HELL!!!! They claimed they said that it stated that online but it didnt and they wont replace the stone without me paying an arm and leg for it. Never again will I shop there"

"I took some jewelry to the Zales in Chesapeake Square of Chesapeake, Va. I originally purchased my jewelry from Gordon's which had closed. My jewelry was scheduled to be ready on July 18, 2014, however, I was called on July 15 and told that my jewelry was ready. Upon arrival at the store only one piece of jewelry was ready. I live approximately 60 miles from the store. I informed the Sales Consultant that I felt like Zales should compensate me for having to make 2 trips because of the flaw that was obviously on their part. Matthew Davenport offered me $20.00 out of his pocket and stated he was doing this because he was tired of dealing with me. How's that for customer service."

modified review This review was modified by ladymajet7 on July 16 2014 01:19:32 PM

"My first experience wasn't good. We bought "prestige" diamond earrings, very expensive, both of them had major blemishes, no magnifying needed!! One had a crack all the way across, another one had about 2x2mm chunk right in the middle that looked like was going to fall out pretty soon. One diamond was very cloudy. That was my Christmas present. I returned it promptly to the store. The good thing is that they accepted return with no questions asked, they were very nice but not surprised at all the earrings were defective. They knew exactly what they sold to us! Of course they tried to sell me something else, but the trust is gone, I left and took my money somewhere else."

modified review This review was modified by thepretty on March 11 2013 10:42:16 PM

"Terrible customer service in store and through corporate, had to return my husbands ring due to a rash it was giving him and am now refunding the ring I had ordered for myself. First time I ordered over the phone and the wrong size was ordered, 3 weeks later I'm still waiting for the right size to come in. Had problems with every single worker in the store not one of them cared about my business and I finally called corporate to get some answers and was unsatisfied with them as well. Just got married in Oct. and will never buy another thing from them."

Tucson

"On Dec. 17th, 2012 I purchased a ring for my wife that was going to be one of her Christmas presents. I went on the Zales website to place the order. It was a beautiful ring and it was a great deal as well. During the online process I was asked on the website what size ring I wanted and I choose 6 then proceeded to check out where I made the payment. After that I got a conformation email about my order and it included all the details. A few days later, actually about 2 days before Christmas eve, I got a email saying the ring had been shipped and was going to the store where I could pick it up. It said it would arrive at the store on Christmas eve which it did. On the 24th I went to the store to pick up the ring and take it home. While at the store all the Zales rep. tried doing was to sell me "Protection Plan" for the ring which did not sound like a bad deal but I did not have the money to purchase it. I asked her if the ring was the right size, which I ordered a 6 and she said "Yes!" yet she did not measure it in front of me. I got the ring and went on my way home excited thinking about the look on my wife's face. Later that night I gave her the ring and she absolutely loved it! but there was one slight issue, the ring seemed too big! My sister in law and mother and law both tried on the ring and it even fit them big (they wear size 7). I was furious just thinking about the fact that they had sent me the wrong size. I called their customer service line but were closed for the holidays so I knew I had to wait till the 26th to speak to them and also go to the store. On the 26th I called CS and they said they could not do anything about but have me return the ring to the online store where I would get refunded then have to go back on the website to order the right size. I asked if the store would re size for free and they said "NO!" because the store was separate from the online store! I told them it was ridiculous! because they were ZALES! Later that day I went to the actual store where they told they could not do anything but charge me for the re size of the ring. I explained to them that it was stupid due to the fact it was there fault they sent me the wrong size! I ordered a 6 and I got sent a 7 1/2 almost a 8! They said "I" would have to ship it back and order another one. The rep. at the store then called the online store and then she told me the online store did not know what to do in that situation. I then called from my phone to get a online Zales rep. that knew what they were doing and that could speak to the Zales in store rep. The rep. on the phone then gave her the info where I could get refunded straight from the store. It was stupid I had to go out of my way to do her job. I am VERY VERY upset with Zales! NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN! DO NOT ORDER FROM THE ONLINE STORE BECAUSE YOU WILL GET THE WRONG SIZE! ALSO THE STORE AND THE ONLINE STORE WORK SEPARATE! Next time I will go to Kay or Helzberg diamonds not Zales. NEVER WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH ZALES AGAIN! "

modified review This review was modified by je.gonzalezjr on January 07 2013 10:15:09 AM

"Beware of false cancellation confirmation number. Very poor business practices regarding online cancellation process. I was told "we don't do cancellations due to the holiday" and "there is a 4 hour window" to cancel an order. No email sent stated these statements from the Zales customer service rep. After a second call, I was given a cancellation confirmation number. A few days later, I received notification via my email that my order was being sent. I call again to be told by a senior customer service rep that cancellations are not guaranteed. I did not have the option to receive the order and take it back to a Zales retail store. The only option was to have the re call FedEx to return to sender. After that occurred, it would be processed and a refund days later. All this for a pair of diamond earrings which I found elsewhere. The Zales customer service reps lie and will say anything to get you off the phone."

"Three years ago I purchased two rings that i wear on my left hand, both are 10k gold with diamonds, two months ago, i noticed that one of the rings started turning black, keep in mind i only wear the rings on weekends, I took the rings back to Zales, I had paid for the lifetime warranty, i did not want the ring anymore, they were telling me they could fix it but i don't think you can fix a ring that is tarnished and keep it from tarnishing again, so I want people to know that I bought a lot of jewelry from Zales and they just lost a loyal customer. The customer service that i got was the worst i have ever seen, the ring in question only cost $450 dollars at the time of this action, i had purchased a necklace for my girlfriend that was $1200 dollars, so i went back and returned it because of the poor service. i went to JCP and bought her a new necklace, gave them the defective ring, which they gladly took without the fuss and gave me $549 dollars for it and used it towards the purchase of a $1600 dollar 14k gold ring with much bigger diamonds. I am very happy with the service I received there and this was only my first purchase there. I had been a loyal customer with you over the years bought thousands of dollars of jewelry, but you don't want my business anymore. Also, JCP lifetime warranty outdoes yours by far because they will buy it back at cost, no questions asked, they even took your defective, tarnished ring without any problems, definitely, their service is far superior then yours and I will tell all my friends about it."

"Don't ever buy anything at Zales.com. I purchased three pair of earrings on May 2012. They were too small and decided to return them all in the same box. Each pair of earrings with the receipt. They received them and gave me credit for only one of them. The other two...vanished! Probably the employee that did the return is wearing them. They claimed they received only one item. They owe me $511. Sad. Can they have a better way to steal customer's money?"

modified review This review was modified by superlat on September 04 2012 01:09:47 PM

"I refuse to ever do business with the Zales La Cantera store in San Antonio, TX. The manager was incompetent, rude and should be terminated. I brought a ring in the store to have it inscribed. The inscription was done in the incorrect font and ran together with the other letters with no space. It is not what I ordered. The manager refused to give me my money back and should not be in a customer service position. Where is Zales hiring these kind of people?"

"Love the ring I bought and she said Yes. Not too thrilled with the fact that Zale's and their partners sold all of my personal information to solicitors. Over the last month, I have received 20-30 phone calls asking if I would like to purchase Platinum Insurance for my recent Zale's Purchase. I try to opt out each time they call only to be transferred to a voice mail box where I am instructed to leave my name and number. I am on the "Do Not Call List" but I still get calls.

If you value your personal information and detest soliciting calls to your cell phone, I would advise you exercise other options when purchasing jewelry.

"For over six months Zales has listed an oval garnet ring that's "out of stock." But they periodically put it on sale. Riddle me this Batman--how can it be on sale if it's not even in stock?!? And how can it be out of stock for over six months? I really wanted to order it so I posted a "review" of the out of stock ring ... they removed my review but never contacted me. Nice! I called customer service, who referred me to the IT Department, who assured me they would take the ad down until it's in stock. Guess what? It's still listed, still says "out of stock," and just went on sale again. These people are idiots."

modified review This review was modified by lorijean64 on April 10 2012 09:15:16 AM

"Had the worst experience with Zales today! Worst ever! Don't buy anything from them & if you do DON'T buy into their protection plan like I did. Incompetence must be a prerequisite for employment with the company!
First we drive 2 1/2 hours to be rudely turned away from the store in Venture, CA, then once we got "Customer Service" involved I could finally get my wedding ring fixed, but of course it took longer then promised AND no-one seemed to be on the same page. We talk to the manager who says she's sending out my ring, then a few hours later an employee calls to say we could come pick our ring up, wait the same ring that's being sent out? So when the manager FINALLY gets my ring sent, she did NOT include an apartment number & did NOT request a signature at delivery... so yes that means that my ring is on the way to be dropped off at my front door... my diamond wedding ring, left at my front door?? Then when I called & requested that the address be changed to my work address so that I will be there to get it, I was told they would try & call me back, guess what, no call back. Thank goodness I left work when I did so I could track down the Fed-Ex guy when he pulled up in front of our apartment building. The whole episode was horrible; no one had any idea what was going on. I will never, ever, ever purchase anything from Zales again especially the store in Ventura, CA, I will also tell everyone I know how bad my experience with them was.

"First time I have been in a Zales Store and was I impressed. The clerk was very friendly and very helpful. They offered to clean my engagement reing and a few minutws later My ring looked beautiful again. both clerks that served me were very knowledgeable an not pushy. Thanks Zales for a great experience, Jean Smith"

Zales is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Zales is not a merchant member
Zales does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!