• Rating 0.50/10 19 reviews

Zales is not a merchant member
    Zales does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Zales contact information

Rating 4/102/5

"My first experience wasn't good. We bought "prestige" diamond earrings, very expensive, both of them had major blemishes, no magnifying needed!! One had a crack all the way across, another one had about 2x2mm chunk right in the middle that looked like was going to fall out pretty soon. One diamond was very cloudy. That was my Christmas present. I returned it promptly to the store. The good thing is that they accepted return with no questions asked, they were very nice but not surprised at all the earrings were defective. They knew exactly what they sold to us! Of course they tried to sell me something else, but the trust is gone, I left and took my money somewhere else."

modified review This review was modified by thepretty on March 11 2013 10:42:16 PM

"Terrible customer service in store and through corporate, had to return my husbands ring due to a rash it was giving him and am now refunding the ring I had ordered for myself. First time I ordered over the phone and the wrong size was ordered, 3 weeks later I'm still waiting for the right size to come in. Had problems with every single worker in the store not one of them cared about my business and I finally called corporate to get some answers and was unsatisfied with them as well. Just got married in Oct. and will never buy another thing from them."

Tucson

"On Dec. 17th, 2012 I purchased a ring for my wife that was going to be one of her Christmas presents. I went on the Zales website to place the order. It was a beautiful ring and it was a great deal as well. During the online process I was asked on the website what size ring I wanted and I choose 6 then proceeded to check out where I made the payment. After that I got a conformation email about my order and it included all the details. A few days later, actually about 2 days before Christmas eve, I got a email saying the ring had been shipped and was going to the store where I could pick it up. It said it would arrive at the store on Christmas eve which it did. On the 24th I went to the store to pick up the ring and take it home. While at the store all the Zales rep. tried doing was to sell me "Protection Plan" for the ring which did not sound like a bad deal but I did not have the money to purchase it. I asked her if the ring was the right size, which I ordered a 6 and she said "Yes!" yet she did not measure it in front of me. I got the ring and went on my way home excited thinking about the look on my wife's face. Later that night I gave her the ring and she absolutely loved it! but there was one slight issue, the ring seemed too big! My sister in law and mother and law both tried on the ring and it even fit them big (they wear size 7). I was furious just thinking about the fact that they had sent me the wrong size. I called their customer service line but were closed for the holidays so I knew I had to wait till the 26th to speak to them and also go to the store. On the 26th I called CS and they said they could not do anything about but have me return the ring to the online store where I would get refunded then have to go back on the website to order the right size. I asked if the store would re size for free and they said "NO!" because the store was separate from the online store! I told them it was ridiculous! because they were ZALES! Later that day I went to the actual store where they told they could not do anything but charge me for the re size of the ring. I explained to them that it was stupid due to the fact it was there fault they sent me the wrong size! I ordered a 6 and I got sent a 7 1/2 almost a 8! They said "I" would have to ship it back and order another one. The rep. at the store then called the online store and then she told me the online store did not know what to do in that situation. I then called from my phone to get a online Zales rep. that knew what they were doing and that could speak to the Zales in store rep. The rep. on the phone then gave her the info where I could get refunded straight from the store. It was stupid I had to go out of my way to do her job. I am VERY VERY upset with Zales! NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN! DO NOT ORDER FROM THE ONLINE STORE BECAUSE YOU WILL GET THE WRONG SIZE! ALSO THE STORE AND THE ONLINE STORE WORK SEPARATE! Next time I will go to Kay or Helzberg diamonds not Zales. NEVER WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH ZALES AGAIN! "

modified review This review was modified by je.gonzalezjr on January 07 2013 10:15:09 AM

"Beware of false cancellation confirmation number. Very poor business practices regarding online cancellation process. I was told "we don't do cancellations due to the holiday" and "there is a 4 hour window" to cancel an order. No email sent stated these statements from the Zales customer service rep. After a second call, I was given a cancellation confirmation number. A few days later, I received notification via my email that my order was being sent. I call again to be told by a senior customer service rep that cancellations are not guaranteed. I did not have the option to receive the order and take it back to a Zales retail store. The only option was to have the re call FedEx to return to sender. After that occurred, it would be processed and a refund days later. All this for a pair of diamond earrings which I found elsewhere. The Zales customer service reps lie and will say anything to get you off the phone."

"Don't ever buy anything at Zales.com. I purchased three pair of earrings on May 2012. They were too small and decided to return them all in the same box. Each pair of earrings with the receipt. They received them and gave me credit for only one of them. The other two...vanished! Probably the employee that did the return is wearing them. They claimed they received only one item. They owe me $511. Sad. Can they have a better way to steal customer's money?"

modified review This review was modified by superlat on September 04 2012 01:09:47 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"Love the ring I bought and she said Yes. Not too thrilled with the fact that Zale's and their partners sold all of my personal information to solicitors. Over the last month, I have received 20-30 phone calls asking if I would like to purchase Platinum Insurance for my recent Zale's Purchase. I try to opt out each time they call only to be transferred to a voice mail box where I am instructed to leave my name and number. I am on the "Do Not Call List" but I still get calls.

If you value your personal information and detest soliciting calls to your cell phone, I would advise you exercise other options when purchasing jewelry.

"I ordered an emerald ring for my girlfriend for christmas and used the fedex overnight delivery service. Well 5 days later, it still isn't here. I called customer service and after a very long wait (almost an hour) I got to someone. This person seemed very uninterested in helping me, which makes me feel like zales doesn't care about my business. Basically she informed me that it could take up to 2 days to confirm the order at all (which is ridiculous to me as the order was only a couple hundred dollars) and that up to 2 additional day may be required for ring sizing. I knew all of this and had already taken it into account, which I told her, but she still seemed to not understand the problem. The problem is that even at the maximum amount of days required to process my order (4) it should have been here (5 business days later) with overnight delivery. And the best part is that on their website it still states that my order has only been "located in stock" and upon further inspection they haven't even charged me for it yet which would be alright except it means they definitely haven't even finished processing my order.

Even better actually is that they refused to refund the $22 dollars that I spent for the overnight delivery. Needless to say I am livid at being disregarded by this company and will not be doing business with them again. Sucks for them because in 2 months I'm going to be looking for an engagement ring and I already know one place I won't be looking.

Overall I definitely suggest you keep your distance from this company at all costs. The whole idea of capitalism is that a company has to strive to be better than the competition if it wants business.

"I'm having a terrible time with Zale's online ordering. I really don't recommend it to anyone. After ordering 2 items and only receiving 1 in the package, I am at a stalemate with their ordering system. This was a Christmas present and no one seems to be working on it or attempting to rectify the problem. Stay away from Zales at all costs."

"I order a custom engraved ring for my hubby, it was listed will be shipped within 2-3 weeks. 2 week passed and no sign of the sign when will be shipped,I tried to contact from email numerous time and never replied. Called their number finally reached the customer service line. The customer service guy guaranteed I will receive the item on the 3rd week of my order, and later on the same day they canceled my item said it was out of stock. But when i order it was instock still. They shouldn't listed on site as in stock in the first place. Really bad customer service and shipping takes forever for customer items. Now my anniversary gift for hubby is delayed and wasted my 2 weeks waiting. Will NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. "

"I purchased a two carat ring from Zales in Four Seasons Town Center. They promised me that my ring could be sized, fixed, clean, and well maintained if I purchased the warranty along with it. I purchased the ring on December 23,2010 only to have a diamond fall out of it on December 26,2010. I returned the ring to the store on December 27,2010 to have it sized down *as she told me she did before I brought the ring home* and the stone replaced. Two weeks later, I went into Zales only to find my ring in the same condition in which it was left in. The stone was still out and it had not been sized down. The salesman told me that they were unable to find someone to size my ring due to the amount of diamonds and the structure of the ring and I would have to wait 10 weeks to receive another ring from the manufactuer. I got another ring in its place and purchased a new warranty. The lady did this as two seperate transactions. Two weeks from then, I went into the store to pick up my refund only to have one check there. The MANAGER was rude and not helpful at all. He told me he didn't know where the check was and he told me to "Just wait for it". It is now two seeks since then and I have yet to receive a call or my check from them. I just want all buyers to beware before making a purchase from Zales. This is the WORST experience ever and I will never ever shop with them again!"

Rating 4/102/5

"Very Dissappointed and frustrated with the Zales service. I had purchased an engagement ring for my fiance at Zales and the expected date was in two weeks to get it sized and it took almost four weeks to get. And when i call the store location that i bought it from they could not give me an answer to even check on the status until the manager got there. But she wasnt in for 4 business days and when she did it was a week later. They should not give an expected date if its not going to be accurate! On the other hand i purchased my engagment ring at Kay Jewelers and got it sized (the same exact day as i made the Zales purchase) and received it the day of the expected date. And they also had better service. I Highly reccomned Kay Jewelers!!"

modified review This review was modified by happilytaken on December 09 2010 01:15:47 PM

"Website advertisement was -- Order by December 15, 2009 for a Guaranteed Christmas Delivery.

I ordered black diamond earrings for my daughter much earlier than the cut-off date, Dec. 7. the next day, order status was "item(s) located in stock".

After countless emails and calls to incompetent customer service; as of Dec. 24, order status is still "item(s) located in stock". No notication that my order was shipped.

Unless there is a Fedex delivery on Christmas day, my daughter won't get that earrings on Christmas day... so much for a guarantee.

"VERY SLOW. I placed an order a week ago, and it still hasn't shipped. The item was marked as in-stock (and still is), so I figured it would be able to get shipped within a week of ordering, but it magically hasn't.

I suggest getting jewelry elsewhere, I can't really base this on the quality of the jewelry, but that's because it seems as though I'll never receive it.

"Where to start ....... My fiance and I spent about 6 weeks to locate the ring that was going to represent our past present and future together. I am allergic to white gold and dont like yellow gold so I found a platinum setting no diamond included on Zales.com service was fab through them they even price matched the ring because a week later it was on sale for even less. We received the ring just as expected and on time. Then was the search for the center diamond and for this we went to the store so we could actually see them in person. We found a perfect diamond and it fit the ring perfectly. And I really loved the ring and then 6 weeks later one of the diamonds fell out of the side settings we took it in and they told me it would be 2 months before they could fix it SOOO NOT OKAY ..... so they sent it off and we decided okay maybe it was a fluke and decided to by a small 1/2 carat band to be in its place until the engagement ring came back. Well guess what one week after purchase one of the diamonds fell out. I am so done with this store. Never ever order from them their quality sucks and you will only ever be disappointed. "

"I placed an order of 2 items - a pair of earrings and a pendant. I wanted the pendant but shipping kills the deal, so i chose another earrings to split shipping fee and make to final price for each item reasonable.

The pendant is shipped out few days later, then i got an email saying the earrings were out of stock.

Called customer service to ask if I can get a different item instead of the earrings, they said I have to pay for shipping fee anyway. But the order wasn't fulfilled! She said even it was their fault, I still have to pay for shipping both ways.

Reported to better business bureau.
Will never buy from Zales again.