• Yves Rocher

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"Where Did The Yves Rocher I Know Go?
I purchased my first product from Yves Rosher in 1997, and since then—wherever I lived—I've always enjoyed products and the way they handled customer service issues. I have been a strong and enthusiastic advocate of this company, have always spoken highly of them, and referred many of my friends to them.
But my image of and attitude toward Yves Rocher company drastically changed after I talked on the phone to two agents, Elizabeth and Heady, who are located in Montreal, Canada, and after dealing with Erica Rabanal and Sofia Nunez, the Customer Service representatives.
A few months ago I placed two on-line orders, received two confirmation e-mails. My second order has not arrived. I called and talked to Elizabeth. In the course of our conversation, she got angry. She repeatedly told me that I didn't understand what I was talking about and I wasn't listening to her. She was rude, impatient, and focused on demonstrating her superiority. Still, at the end she promised that I'd get my parcel in two weeks.
24 hours later, I still could not find any information on my second order I paid already for. Therefore, I called again, hoping to discuss my concerns with a supervisor, and talked to Heady. First, she refused to transfer my call to a supervisor and shrugged off my concerns. She claimed she knew Elisabeth, whom I'd spoken to the day before, and didn't find anything wrong in the fact that my order had still not been recorded. The longer we spoke the more disrespectful she got, interrupting me in the middle of my questions and ordering me to listen to her. At one point, she even yelled. I am sorry to say, but I yelled back. However, she promised that an Yves Rocher supervisor would call me back and address my concerns. It hasn't happened.
Then I got into a long and pointless e-mail exchange with Erica Rabanal and Sofia Nunez, the Customer Service Department, who sent me a bunch of pointless messages without answering my questions and addressing the situation. I was taken aback. I've never experienced anything like it in all my years dealing with this company.
So, I did not get my parcel. I did not get my money back. I was abused. It is difficult, even now, for me to forget this experience. I gave up. I have lost my positive image of this company and can't imagine referring to them any friends.
In the end, again, I had a very disappointing experience, which feels awful after being a happy and satisfied customer of Yves Rocher for 17+ years.

This review was modified by ElenaK on September 11 2015 02:25:29 PM

" love that this company used plant based, natural ingredients, is eco friendly and gives free gifts to there customers. I've been ordering from Yves Rocher (Canada & US) website & catalogs for years, there one of my favorite places to buy bath products. I've ordered Facial Masks, Exfoliators, Lotions, Hand Soaps, Skin Tightening products, Foot/Hand/Nail care, Body Washes, Lipstick, Eyeliners and more. My favorites are "Les Jardins De Monde" Bodywash in Brazilian Watermelon, Florida Grapefruit, Florida Orange, Africa Shea Butter & Provence Lavandin (Lavender) they work & smell amazing!!! Love there hand soaps, my fave was (Red Pepper and Tomato Basil, sold out) I can't wait for them to bring them back again. There Apricot Fruity Scrub, Peel Off Mask and Clay Pore Clearing Mask, work great and didn't irritate my sensitive skin. I love there Waterproof Eye Pencils in Turquoise & Violet, bright, amazing color, lasts all day, great for summer. SOS After-Sun Cooling Gel is wonderful after a day in the sun, soothing and smells great. I also love to get there 15pc Samplex with French purfumes, lotions, makeup and face stuff, I love them for myself or to add in gifts or cards for friends & family :)"

"Worst experience ever with an online retailer! I ordered some face cream that supposedly came with several "gifts"on January 19th. three weeks later, no shipping confirmation. I send a message through their website inquiring about it, no response. I call their customer service number on February 8th, am told that my order didn't ship because one of the items were out of stock. I ask, why did no one inform me of this? She replies that they would have informed me of an out of stock item through REGULAR MAIL, which makes absolutely no sense and I never received any such notice anyway. She then states all the items are in stock now and she will ship it. I THEN get a response to my message sent through their website stating that my order is processing and will ship out soon. I wait another week, no shipping confirmation. I check the tracking information and it says "items out of stock". I send ANOTHER message through their website, no response. I check the tracking again a few days later, and it now says there is no order for my customer number. I call customer service yet again, and I am told that my order is on hold and due to the cost of the order, they must receive payment BEFORE they will send it to me. What kind of shady business practice is this? I had absolutely no confidence that I would even receive the items after paying for them. When i voiced my issues to the customer service rep, she did not apologize for anything and acted like she was annoyed with ME. I say I want to cancel my order, and she says "ok it's cancelled". I ask for some type of confirmation number or email so that I can prove the order is cancelled in case I get charged. She cannot provide this and says "I deleted it off the computer, so it's cancelled" and I am just supposed to believe her. I will be watching my bank statement VERY closely to make sure they don't charge me. Terrible business, no idea if their products are good as this was my first and last order. Do not bother even ordering from them. "

This review was modified by Mirilayden on February 20 2015 07:15:14 PM

"Website/technical issues too numerous to mention. Now I can't even get on to their website to double check my order!! Their temp password didn't work but why didn't my regular password work? Is it because they shipped me something I didn't order--that they substituted? I'll never know because I won't order again. They messed up my friend's birthday present order and shipped it to me after confirming (with a confirmation order #) that it was, indeed, going to her. I've had coupons that I've gotten the same day and spent hours looking at everything only for the coupon to not work and customer service not doing anything. Shipping takes like a month so you may even forget what it was you ordered!!"

This review was modified by DianeDancer on February 06 2015 06:56:43 PM

"Ordered and got a letter saying my card details could not be processed. Gave them 2 further card numbers and got a letter saying the same each time (all accounts in credit and card numbers correct). Eventually sent a cheque which they deny all knowledge of. Customer services very unhelpful. And the experience not helped by the 08000 number which is chargeable on my telephone plan.
First and last time of ordering. Won't be using again.

This review was modified by elfinblast on December 22 2014 06:08:50 AM

"I`ve ordered a lot of times from Yves Rocher and i have to say that i`m verry happy with their products. Face cream, parfumes, and make-up are all verry good and Price is good. Thank u Yves Roche, I will buy more from U"

This review was modified by maria8758 on December 19 2014 03:46:15 PM

"I am not sure why the reviews are so bad? I ordered on December 2nd and I received my things on December 8th. I had no trouble with the order process and everything went smoothly. My mom used to order from Yves Rocher in the 80's and I thought I would give it a try after many years. The scents were hit and miss, but I just purchased some random things. I will say that their perfume smells amazing! I usually wear Givenchy Dahlia Noir and I purchased Moment de Bonheur and it smells fantastic. I also received a sample of Quelques Notes D'Amour and it also smells great. The only thing I was disappointed in was I purchased a roll on deodorant and the second I put it on it burnt and I got a rash, I wont use it again. Other than that I had a great experience with them and I will order again."

This review was modified by jla2004 on December 10 2014 12:04:51 PM

"I had used Yves Rocher for a long time - started when they didn't list ingredients. So, I believed them when they said they used only the best botanical ingredients. NOT TRUE. In most of the face creams I have, they use mineral oil (petroleum by-product). UGH. I can't believe I didn't see this until recently. Won't use their products anymore as I don't trust what they put in them."

"Absolutely horrible customer service! I ordered a few products in December (I know long time ago) and I waited and waited and waited a month and no products. I called again for the second time and they told me my card didn't go through. I gave them another card and said everything is set I should get my products by the end of January. I waited until mid Feb and called again. At that time they told me my card didn't work...I said to them was it hard to give me a call or email?? Anyway next thing I know the lady on the line told me my address was frauded and I should give them a new address. I thought I was gonna lose my mind. I told them I have been a good customer to them for years and years and i am making the order not some fraud address. I even suggested to take the money our of my account and wait a week or two then send me the products. Again this didnt work because they didn't want to do it. At the end I emailed them and again they told me I need to give them a new address so they can ship my stuff. I recently came across a store with their products and I refused to go in that is how much I am disappointed with them! Never again! (p.s I am visiting Romania and they have a store here...funny). Anyway please ladies dont bother ordering. Not to mention I could never order online because i always got same error "my order can't be completed at this time". I HATE YOU! "

This review was modified by carmen2tennis on October 13 2014 03:18:32 PM

"Have no complaints about customer service (although if you call, you have to wait an eternity for an operator, and their accents are very heavy). But the products themselves are usually not so good. WAY WAY WAY too much fragrance (I bought a lipstick that tasted bad, it had so much fragrance in it!). Also, all their products are claimed to be "miracle Products" i.e. claiming to get rid of wrinkles and make you look younger, no cream or beauty product in the world can do that. A poor choice. But at least now they have ingredient listings on their website!"

This review was modified by shakethatthing on June 15 2014 07:55:39 PM

"I was a regular customer of YR from way back in the 1970s! I have recently had many problems with them: poor customer service, very slow shipping, wrong orders, etc. I will not buy from this company again, unfortunately. I love their products but it's way too much of a hassle to deal with them again. The man who founded this company, Yves Rocher, would be appalled by what a fiasco his company has turned out to be. VERY disappointed."

This review was modified by debbie60435 on April 06 2014 10:19:18 PM

"I am a customer with Yves Rocher since 1981. I always had a good experience with them but since a few years the customer service got terrible bad. I used my credit card online was told it was declined called my credit card there is no problem what so ever used a 2nd card same problem. Called customer service was told to send a check what I did. ordered in 2-11-14. After my check cleared called back was told and lied to by customer service my package is on the way will receive it by 3-15-14. Did not get it called customer service was told the order was cancelled she has to reorder it and send it out. Frustrating, the good thing is I love most of the products and will order again.."

This review was modified by AntjeHughes on March 15 2014 04:18:09 PM

"I have no idea why YR rating is so low.

I placed my order on Feb 2nd, received a shipping notice on Feb 4th, and my package arrived on Feb 11th.
I first contacted customer service on Feb 2nd to get my customer number so I could keep track of my order. I received a reply on Feb 4th.

I ordered the Moroccan Clay Mask and when I first used it on my face, I felt a burning sensation at the beginning. I contacted the customer service on Feb 16ht for the second time just to ask if it was normal or not. I received a reply on the next day asking me to describe the symptoms. I replied on the same day, Feb 17th, and received a reply on the next day, Feb 18th. On their last e-mail they informed me that they were processing a refund! The customer service is amazing! I had never asked for the refund and that wasn't my intention, specially because if the product doesn't work for me, I'll give it to someone else, of course. This shows that they go out of their way to make sure we are happy with their products.

This was the first time I ordered from YR and I'll definitely order again!

"Dear customers of Yves Rocher! Don't fool yourself. They do not care about you.

I ordered Cacao and Orange gift set among other things to send to my daughter as a Christmas gift. Yesterday I received a shipment notice that didn't include the item. I wrote to the customer service. No answer. I called. While I was on hold I heard this item being advertised multiple times. When I got a chance to speak to a customer service representative who barely spoke English, I got the answer, "It was a limited edition, we ran out of it and excluded it from your order". I asked why Yves Rocher's website had allowed me to place the order on the first place. The answer was unexpected. He said, "It was computer who did it, not a human being or anybody in the company". Well, I think computers are taking over the world starting with Yves Rocher. Attention! Rogue computer alert! This ranks right up there with the all-time classic, "My dog ate my homework."

I asked why they changed my order without consulting me and of course didn't get a clear response. I wanted to stop the order but the only option was to receive it and to send back on my own expense. Terrible customer service. So much for advertising "stress free holiday shopping from convenience of your home".

As the person on the phone didn't make sense to me, I asked to talk to the supervisor. No luck. Got a reply that the supervisor will call me back but the time was not specified. So I guess it will not be any time soon if ever. Moreover, after talking to the customer service, I am also not sure whether the supervisor can be of any help. Anyway, the intended Christmas gift is ruined.

I have been a loyal customer and a passionate fan of Yves Rocher for years. Not sure now.

"Bought the Eau de Parfum Secrets D'Essences Voile d'Ambre 50ml perfume on offer for £14.50, took ages to send out and when the invoice eventually arrived was only 30ml!!! I contacted them immediately, very politely to say it was wrong and got this response :

'Dear Miss Havs,

Thank you for your e-mail requesting that your parcel should be cancelled. Unfortunately, your order has already been despatched.

My suggestion would be that when the courier attempts to deliver your parcel is for you to refuse it.

The item number 01337 is for the 30ml EDP Voile D'Ambre. It does state this on the website underneath the quantity. The product code for a 50ml bottle is 61693.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards.

Jessica Hedley
Yves Rocher Beauty Advisor
Visit us soon on www.yves-rocher.co.uk
Happy Surfing'

However, I actually took a screen shot when I alerted them to the fact the invoice was wrong, proving it said 50ml, and at the time I received the email from Jessica Hedley, it STILL says 50ml! Which I also have screen shot so have proof of.

Do not order from them, they are slow inaccurate liars with obviously awful customer service.

This review was modified by CHavs1 on December 10 2013 07:31:15 AM

Share Yves Rocher's store rating

Yves Rocher is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Yves Rocher is not a merchant member
Yves Rocher does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!