• Yugster.com Yugster.com Elite Status

Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.70/10 8.70/10

dernst_ca1's Avatar

BErkeley California Verified Customer
2015-07-12

"The item I purchased was called "Plugster's Junk Box XLVII - The Big Daddy Edition!" Basically a mystery box. The problem that I had with the order was that when delivered it was one of the smallest packages I have ever received. It measured 6"x8" and weighed less than 1.5 pounds. The delivery label even had "small parcel" tagged on it. In my opinion, if something is sold as "Big Daddy" it implies that the unit itself will be large, Not the case with this. It was so small and light that I was absolutely dumbfounded. I realize there is a degree of risk ordering mystery boxes, but they should at least slightly represent the description - I felt completely misled 100%. When I addressed my concerns with Yugster they responded expressing a false degree of concern and sympathy - seriously?! They didnt even address the issue I was writing about - stunned and never doing business with them again."

Rep reply posted Jul-13-2015

yugster1, Yugster.com rep has responded

“We're sorry to hear that you were less than 100% pleased with last months Junk Box. Your feedback has been passed on to our Purchasing Team. Remember our Junk Boxes are made up of odds AND ends (yes, both), one-offs, weird and/or unusual items, and warehouse left-overs. No live animals, just lots of junk. Try again next month and you might get an item or two you never knew you needed!”

2015-07-09

"The items I have ordered have all been of good quality, and even though shipping takes a little longer than some other stores, it is within a reasonable time frame. Especially for the the great deals that are offered. Will order again. I like collecting yugbuks!!! CG"

2015-07-08

"I ordered a blue tooth earpiece for my cell phone, it arrived on time but missing three parts. I called they asked me to email, I emailed they responded straight away that they will check with the warehouse and get back to me.

A few days later I emailed again asking for an update, then I emailed again yesterday asking for an update but still GOT NO RESPONSE!
I'm getting loads of advertisement email but no feedback from the customer service that I called or emailed :("

Rep reply posted Jul-09-2015

yugster1, Yugster.com rep has responded

“We're sorry to hear you had an issue with your Bluetooth headset. Our average response time to email tickets is less than 24 hours. Please re-open your ticket and our support staff should respond within one or two business days. We'd be happy to help resolve this issue.”

2015-06-29

"Over the years I've purchased numerous items from Yugster. Often the items were low quality, but no big deal since they were cheap. But I spent $30 of 4 LED bulbs for our bath and within two weeks none of them worked. These LED bulbs were made up of a dozen or more individual LED's in a globe design. Within days individual LED's were no longer working or flashing and, as mentioned, within two weeks all were burned out.
First, trying to contact Yugster is just short of impossible. Go to their web page and "fake" returning or complaining about a product and see where there is an email address or phone number. There is NO easy way to contact them!! They appear to be totally uninterested in customers being able to contact them!) This should be a BIG warning sign. And filling out a form will prove lucky if you get a response. After contacting them numerous times about the bulbs, they indicated that they don't support their products and I should contact the manufacturer (in China!!) I'm not kidding, there was nothing on the bulb package for an address except some place in China.. and the rest of the writing was in Chinese!
I wrote back to Yugster over and over and FINALLY they did say "as a courtesy" they'd take them back "this one time".. but I should wait for an RMA. Well.. they didn't send an RMA so I had to write and write and wait for two weeks for the RMA. Then they said "a refund would take a while". Another two to three weeks later I FINALLY got notification of a refund. I SWEAR they intentionally drag their feet to wear you down so you give up. Six weeks later I finally had a refund. Oh.. and no sooner than I had a refund I noticed them offering these bulbs for sale again. This was the first of three issues with Yugster but I wanted to be sure to warn others of JUNK products and ZERO customer service or support. By the way, I was able to track down the name of the CEO of Yugster (he's in LinkedIn) and write to him after the last problem and I now understand why they have NO customer support. Because he is the first in line to ignore a customer!! After the last/third issue, I called it "three strikes" with Yugster and will NEVER order from them again!!! (Note that the invoice and date listed for reseller ratings was the last of the three problems with Yugster and not the first problem which was the LED bulbs. The last was them sending a computer which I asked them NOT to do... but that's another story which involves them, even as a net sales company, NOT having updated info for their customers. I can honestly say that Yugster has the WORST customer support than ANY other on-line retailer I've purchased from. If you want cheap stuff but WITH great customer support.. try Woot.)"

Rep reply posted Jun-29-2015

yugster1, Yugster.com rep has responded

“We're sorry to hear that you were less than 100% satisfied with your recent order and confusion on how to contact our Customer Support team. Our Customer Support team is available Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm MST by email, phone and for some issues by chat. Here is where you can go to find all of our contact info: https://yugster.zendesk.com/home. This link is posted right on our website under "Contact Us." Our average response time to email inquiries is less than 24 hours. We hope to be able to earn your business back.”

2015-06-12

"Interesting, unique merchandise at very reasonable prices. Outstanding service with responsive customer service representatives. "

2015-06-10

"I have bought some products from this site on several occasions. I recently bought some brand new supposed 1 year warrantied Altec Lansing bluetooth speakers for 59.97 each. Supposed to be a good deal for brand new retail packaged product, right? They even had a photo of the hard plastic box beautifully packaged retail item. I received a refurbished or used (maybe even counterfeit item) wrapped in a plastic bag with no manual and no warranty. I have several emails going regarding this with photos and they are asking me to resend photos. I still haven't received a response. This company grossly misrepresents their products as new that are not new. And this is not the first time I have had this experience buying from them. "

Rep reply posted Jun-11-2015

yugster1, Yugster.com rep has responded

“We can assure you that the Altec Lansing speaker you purchased is 100% genuine. Our Customer Service team has received your email and is working closely with our fulfillment partner to resolve your concern. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.”

2015-06-08

"I have been delighted with everything I have been able to buy from Yugster. They have very interesting and sometimes unusual products at a very good price. I order from Yugster as often as I can. I recommend them and their products."

2015-06-04

"I have been a customer of Yugster for over 3 years and until recently when they changed their interface with PayPal I was able to use PayPal Credit. Regardless of how I explained it they failed to recognize that they had changed something and now I was unable to purchase from them as I had for the previous three years and they apparently didn't care they were losing a customer.

UPDATE: Awesome news...thank you...I will continue to watch because I do miss shopping with you. I never received that response in the correspondence I had earlier. Again thank you!
I had been pleased with them for the most part until they made their changes recently. Now, I'll find another site to buy "re-sell" items. Merchandise was generally good and response to trouble with merchandise was good. I'm just very frustrated over how they changed their website.

UPDATE: Thank you for the response. That leaves me hopeful as I did not get that impression from the interaction I had earlier. I will most certainly watch for news because I like shopping with you."

Rep reply posted Jun-05-2015

yugster1, Yugster.com rep has responded

“Thank you for your email. You are correct that we did integrate a new payments system on our site. We're always working towards making our site more user-friendly and secure for our Yugster members. PayPal Credit is not currently a payment option however our development team is looking for a solution to this so watch for this functionality to potentially return at some point down the road. We'll keep posting our great deals and would love to keep you as a valued customer. We appreciate your feedback.”

2015-06-04

"Probably one of the funniest packages I've ever received. Great service and awesome deals"

2015-05-27

"i bought a Swann PTZ camera. Had the website disclosed the model number, I could have looked up reviews to find out that it was a marginal camera. Even with Swann on the phone,we could not get the camera to work as advertised. But there is no mechanism on the site to get a refund. After wasting my time on this camera, I surely don't want another one. So I seem to be stuck with a bad product that I can't return.

Buyer beware???"

2015-05-24

"I have purchased many items from Yugster, and have never been dissatisfied. You cannot beat the prices. They carry many off the wall items that you just can't find anywhere else, and the deals they offer are great. Check them out today. You'll be glad you did."

2015-05-23

"I've been a Yugster.com customer for years. They offer a large variety of quality merchandise at great prices, and the best customer service of any online merchant I've ever dealt with. They stand by the products they sell, and quickly address and correct any " glitches" that occur to my complete satisfaction (and there have been very few over all these years). I heartily recommend doing business with yugster.com as they embody the finest in merchant characteristics - honesty & integrity. norton18613"

2015-05-19

"I have placed many orders with Yugster going back more than 5 years. I find their prices to be excellent. The merchandise has always been as described. They offer a greater variety of items than a lot of deal sites do including on some higher ticket items. Lots of electronics. Shipping time is always reasonable. I get their daily emails and I will continue to shop at Yugster in the future."

2015-05-13

"an item I ordered got lost in the mail, yugster replaced it, no questions asked. Awesome service. "

2015-05-12

"I've shopped Yugster.com for many years. They have interesting stuff everyday with value pricing. I like that it only takes a minute to look over the day's offerings. Delivery is always prompt and I've never had a problem with anything being damaged. If you shop different daily websites I would definitely advise putting Yugster in your mix. If they pick your email you can even get a credit on a future purchase."

Share Yugster.com's store rating

Yugster.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Yugster.com is a merchant member
Yugster.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,712 merchant members.