• Address: 3281 Scott Blvd.
    • Contact: support@yesvideo.com
    • Phone: 877-817-5375
    • Customer Support: 877-817-5375

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I had Yesvideo.com transfer 4 commercials that were 30 seconds each from a VHS tape onto a DVD. The company I work for made these public announcement commercials in the 1990s. Since Yesvideo.com had a "special instructions" box and they included creating chapters on the DVD of the contents, I asked then to make each 30 second commercial a separate chapter.

Weeks later I received my DVD. All 4 commercials were made into one movie. The chapters were just selected at random spaces and each chapter had 1/2 of one commercial and 1/2 of another in it.

Then as an added bonus, Yesvideo.com took parts of our public service commercials which dealt with teen suicide and gang violence, deleted the commercial audio and replaced it with 1950s rock and roll on one and lounge piano on two others! Watching a gang beat a kid to death to 1950s rock and roll music was pretty shocking.

I complained to yesvideo.com which told me that they do not look at or edit the tapes sent to them and that it is all done randomly by computer. They had no answer when I asked them what the "special instructions" box was for then. No refund was offered. They clearly do not seem to care about the customer's wants or satisfaction. The DVD from yesvideo.com is so offensive that we cannot use it in our company archives.

I found a local company who transferred the commercials for me onto a DVD and did it exactly as I wanted and for a cheaper price.

Going with with yesvideo.com was a total disappointment, waste of time and money.

"Had my family movies on VHS transferred by YesVideo through my local Wal-Mart. After waiting four weeks to receive them back I was so disappointed in the picture quality that I had them re-done by a local company. I guess you get what you pay for.

In response to the reply below from Beverly at Yes Video: Thanks for the offer Beverly but I never did receive that coupon. Besides I wouldn't want it anyway, the quality of the videotapes had nothing to do with the transfer results. The videotapes were in excellent condition and the local company I used to re-transfer them a second time had no problem producing a great looking DVD. So I assume its the equipment your company is using. I guess its my own fault for choosing a place like Wal-Mart to transfer my videotapes to begin with.

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-12-2013

“Hi Dion19.

I'm sorry you were unsatisfied with the picture quality of your transfer. Various reasons, including the quality of the original videos, does affect the transfer results. However, I would like to send you a coupon code for one free VHS transfer. At YesVideo we strive to convert high quality videos that customers love to watch and share and we'd like the opportunity to rectify this situation and provide you with a quality transfer.

I will privately message you a coupon code and I hope you will try our service again.

Thanks,

Edit:

We sincerely apologize if there were any issues in the delivery of the coupon. We would be happy to contact you by phone and provide the coupon to you that way! We understand that you have already submitted your order elsewhere, but the offer still stands should you wish to accept it in the future.

Although I'm sure you've checked already, have you accessed your private messages on the site recently? We just wanted to clarify as there were no indications of a failed delivery and our history shows that the coupon was sent out on 7/29 through a private message and a second one was sent on 08/04 to follow up with you to verify that you received it.

If you would like us to reach out to you by phone to provide the coupon, simply edit your post with your original order number or send us private message with your phone number and the preferred time to contact you; we'll do our best to accommodate you!”

"I bought a groupon earlier this year.. 3 vhs tapes were converted to dvd. I had a few problems with a couple dvd's, but the problem was fixed! Great customer service! Would use them again !!!!"

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-29-2013

YesVideo, Yesvideo.com rep has responded

“I'm glad you were happy with your transfers and hope you enjoy watching and sharing your memories from your online account!”

"I saw the advertisement for Yesvideo in a Costco mailer and thought 'what a good idea': I could finally transfer my old 8mm films from the 60s (which had all only been viewed once, after I'd originally spliced them together), to digital format. Then I saw the part of the advertisement titled "What we won't do" (provide digital files of the material (DV video) - which aren't the DVD type of file but they need to make them anyway in order to make the final DVDs which have about 25% of the original pixel data in them - not noticeable unless you're interested in quality reproduction) and decided to send in one test reel composed of snippets of random scenes that didn't really fit in with anything else in my collection - just to see what the service actually provided in an end-product.

So here's what I got. As advertised, I got two DVDs and the ability to view their contents online, free of charge, for a period of 90 days from the time of purchase. That part is all well and good. Here's the rub (which may not bother some people who don't care about detail which mimics the original - and there are many, probably most people don't actually care as long as it's easy): The 8mm film, which is taken at 18 frames per second, is transferred to a medium (DVD) which plays them at nearly 30 frames per second (29.97 fps to be exact). This can cause frame-rate issues.

I e-mailed Yesvideo support and asked if there was any way they could arrange for me to either download the original DV files or to make them available on DVDs - all for a fee of some sort, of course - I wouldn't expect this service to be free. It turns out they don't do High-end, DV transfers which is what I thought they did.

They were very courteous but not at all knowledgeable in their responses, effectively repeating the party line that they offer no option for purchasing the original DV files, which they already have on their system but won't sell to the purchaser of their product.

My resort is to begin looking around for a service which caters to anyone interested in retaining as much of the original film information as possible. Does Yesvideo save your memories? Yes, but only about 25% of them.

Addendum as of Thursday, June 6, 2013:

After corresponding with Darian Patchin, the Director of Online Marketing at YesVideo, Inc. as a result of my initial review, and having Darian offer to do no small amount of research, he determined that the equipment which Yesvideo uses to produce their DVDs does not produce uncompressed video files which was what I was interested in. His offer to refund the entire cost of my test transfer was a more-than-fair approach to resolving my original issues. His perseverance in pursuit of that resolution was rather remarkable - he had to put up with me, after all, and that's no small accomplishment - trust me. The speed issue seems irrelevant in view of these facts.

Now, it's important to say that uncompressed video's primary purposes include the backup of the material on your films and as a starting point for creating the MPEG-2 files ultimately copied to a DVD. For most people this is unlikely to be an issue. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about; you can always 'down-convert' an uncompressed video file to the much smaller compressed files on a DVD. The reverse isn't possible; You can never 'up-convert' from a compressed MPEG-2 file (DVD file) without losing some of the detail. The amount of detail, which is lost in any compressed DVD file, is unlikely to be noticed by anyone watching their footage on a screen which is less than 60" in size. It is likely to be noticed by anyone interested in extracting single frames from their data.

I'd like to insert what might be a pertinent comment; KEEP your original 8mm films even after having them transferred to DVD. 4K or Ultra HD (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) may not be everywhere - yet, but it's certainly coming. Even though 8mm film is based on triacetate (except Fuji Super-8, which is polyester), it's still a decent medium for fairly long-term storage, as long as you don't subject it to light or high humidity or high temperatures. With a DVD to watch, you're going to be less tempted to run it through a projector anyway.

I do think it's a shame that my six attempts to arrive at a resolution through the Customer Service representative led, not as a result of any intention on her part (she was very courteous but lacked the tools to effect a resolution), to a dead-end and that it took a review on Resellerratings.com to elicit a response which then led to a very fair resolution.

UPDATE: Thursday, July 25, 2013

On Monday, July 15, 2013 I tried to reach Darian Patchin, the Director of Online Marketing at YesVideo, Inc. to inquire if the refund check his supervisor had promised would be coming any time soon. The e-mail came back with : Recipient address rejected: User unknown. Whoa, Darian Patchin no longer worked at YesVideo??? Hmmm, let's see.

On Friday, May 17, 2013, I tried to reach Justine, the Customer Service representative I'd communicated with previously, before I was contacted by Darian Patchin. I'm still waiting for a response but not with bated breath.

Now I wonder what happened to Darian Patchin. Did he change his name? Did he die shortly after our last communication? Did he leave YesVideo of his own accord? Was he fired because he offered a refund? YesVideo isn't saying.

_______
UPDATE: Monday, July 29, 2013

So I just got an e-mail from a Beverly at YesVideo.com - the (current) online marketing manager at YesVideo saying in part "Darian is no longer with YesVideo but I would love to help you get that refund. Could you please tell me your name and order ID so I can look up your information? Thanks! -Beverly"

This makes it sound like I hadn't already sent all of the pertinent details to Darian Patchin immediately prior to his sudden departure. That would be a mistaken notion. I will forward the e-mail I'd sent to Darian Patchin on Thursday, June 06, 2013 with the original attachments of my receipts. Let's see what happens, shall we?

I also got an e-mail from an Emma, someone on The ResellerRatings Team notifying me that they'd posted a response. It seems to be the case that you'll never get a response from YesVideo unless you post about some SNAFU on ResellerRatings.com. Take notice; e-mails are likely to be ignored - mine were.

Evidently, and I don't blame them for not saying more, (see http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-YesVideo-RVW797559.htm) Darian Patchin is gone (as if that wasn't evident from the deletion of his e-mail account). Also, they seem not to transfer any open items to someone replacing a departed employee.

_________________________
Re: **Update 7/30/13 Reply** (below) - Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I've received no e-mails from Customer Support yet. I've received emails from a Beverly (online marketing manager) and an Emma (The ResellerRatings Team). Emma wrote me to look at this latest post. It's an odd way to find out that my ". . . refund has been processed and is ready for you at your local Costco location."

Would that be at any Costco location? Would that be only at the Costco location where I placed my original order? Will I need to contact them first to verify that I'm not making an unnecessary trip to the wrong one? What could possibly go wrong?

_________________________
Re: **Update 7/31/13 Reply** (below) - Tuesday, July 30, 2013

You wrote:

"Hi luerwulf,

Could you please check your spam folders? I personally replied to the email you sent me and had our customer support email you to that same email address as well. I was cc:ed on the email so I know that an email was in fact sent to you. If you have any questions you should reply directly to the customer support representative in the email as that will result in the quickest reply.

As for your refund, you should return to the Costco location that you originally placed your order from. The refund is there waiting for you.

Thanks!"

We seem to be able to communicate through resellerratings.com but not through e-mail.

First, the fact that customer support got your e-mail address right doesn't mean that they got MY e-mail address right. I've received nothing from them.

Second, as I wrote you in response to your e-mail notifying me that you had posted the mentioned response;

"Hi Emma,

I read your post. It might be helpful for you to communicate via e-mail. I send nothing to spam folders and have received no e-mails other than these (your) notices to look at my post. I check every e-mail. Please verify that you have used the correct spelling of my e-mail address. You clearly have it."

Third, It's difficult to respond to an e-mail I didn't get. You may have forgotten that I'm still waiting for a response from them to the e-mail I sent to them on Tuesday, July 16, 2013:
To: 'support@yesvideo.com'
Subject: RE: Case Assignment Notification - Case #319 [ ref:_00D407JWc._50040QxyO3:ref ]
I mean, all they need to do is press 'REPLY'. Do THEY check their SPAM folders?

It's funny that you seem to have no difficulty sending e-mails to me while customer support can't manage it.

As for the refund check, which Darian Patchin referred to on Thursday, June 06, 2013 when he wrote "Our customer service team is going to cut you a check for the full amount of your transfer"; your post seems to suggest that, to get a refund, I will need to drive 44 miles (22 miles each way) to obtain it.

Thankfully, the manager at the Costco Photo department gave me his e-mail address to which I've mailed my e-mail to Darian Patchin from Thursday, June 06, 2013, containing the same information as the e-mail I sent to you on Monday, July 29, 2013. The manager at the Costco Photo department promised to mail me a check for the full amount of the transaction as was originally promised by Darian Patchin.

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-04-2013

YesVideo, Yesvideo.com rep has responded

“Hi luerwulf. I am extremely sorry this situation has taken so much of your time and has yet to reach a full resolution. I apologize that you were unable to receive the DV video files you had hoped for and will privately message you regarding your order so I can get that refund to you as soon as possible.

**Update 7/29/13 Reply**

Hi luerwulf. I'm sorry your previous information was not passed onto me. I know this is not an excuse but customer support issues are usually resolved through customer support and are not ongoing marketing tasks. Darian had reached out to people on a case by case basis if customer support needed the additional assistance. Hence, I was unaware of your case. Again, I apologize but please send me your information and hopefully we can resolve this asap.

Thank you for your patience!

**Update 7/30/13 Reply**

Hi luerwulf,

Your refund has been processed and is ready for you at your local Costco location. Our customer support has emailed you directly. Did you receive their emails? I've also emailed you and have yet to get a response. I hope you are satisfied that this issue has been resolved. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to reply to me or our customer support team directly.

**7/31/13 Reply**

**8/01/13 Update**

Hi luerwulf,

I'm unsure as to why you have not received our multiple emails. I did receive the email you sent me on 7/31/13 at 1:08PM "Hi Emma, I read your post. It might be helpful for you to communicate via e-mail. I send nothing to spam folders..." sent from your Juno.com email address. I replied directly to that email address. I will send you a private message with a screenshot of all the emails we have sent.

Also, if you do not want to drive to Costco, you could have simply said so and we would request the check be mailed to you. Again, I will privately message you and you can reply with your mailing address so we can get that check mailed to you as soon as possible.

**8/04/13 Update**
We have worked with our retail partner Costco to issue a full refund and were told it would be mailed directly to you. Hopefully you have received the check and are satisfied that this issue has been resolved. As always, you can feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions.

Beverly”

"This is something I needed to do for some time now. My vhs tapes had been stashed with the old camcorder for years and I just hadn't found a place that was reasonable enough in price to get it done. We tried yesvideo out w/the first three tapes when I received the groupon. (I still hesitated as I was nervous about sending so many memories out through the mail.) The videos were processed quickly into dvd's w/highlight reels and we were able to share them online w/more family members. Thank you so much."

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-30-2013

YesVideo, Yesvideo.com rep has responded

“Thank you for trusting us with your irreplaceable memories. We hope you really like the online sharing service!”

"I have a number of Super 8 films I want to convert to DVD format. I had one done by another company about a year ago and while the end product was acceptable, it took quite a long time. Saw a Groupon for Yes Video and decided to give them a try, could not believe the quick turn around, from sending the film to them to receiving the DVD back was about two weeks. Price still seems high to me so am waiting for more options on the remaining films."

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-17-2013

“Thank you so much!”

"We tried out Yes Video because of a deal we received on Groupon and we were very impressed with their service. The turn around time of sending the videos, having them transferred to DVD, and receiving our package, was really quick (I think about 10 days). Also we enjoyed the special touches they added, like being able to share your videos on Facebook and their "Highlights" where short clips from each video are played with your choice of background music (3 choices). They even included a few packages of popcorn with our return order. Would definitely recommend their service to anyone."

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-17-2013

“Hi Honeybee,

Thank you for the kind words. We always strive to do our best and offer up those special bonuses like free popcorn! And, our new online sharing service is the perfect way to ensure family and friends can view your home movies privately whether they are down the street or across the world.

What home movie isn't made better by a bowl of popcorn!?!

-Darian”

"We have had two experiences with Yesvideo, both were fine. The one we sent before Christmas took a bit longer but understand the rush at holiday time. They guaranteed it before Christmas and fulfilled their promise. My Mom had passed away the summer before sending tapes and we were able to watch my Mom on Christmas Eve, it was a wonderful experience and made our holiday. The second order went fine, but I had waited too long for some of the vhs tapes and they had deteriorated somewhat. Just wish I had sent them sooner but so glad I finally sent them.
The over 600 photos I sent came back great. I have been able to share the dvd of pictures with family and it has been wonderful to look back over the years.
As far as the coupon use, I was sent an email from Yesvideo that I used. One was 30% and another 40% and double copies. That made for a great price in my opinion.
Thanks Yesvideo, recommend y'all whenever I can.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-19-2013

YesVideo, Yesvideo.com rep has responded

“We're glad we could help you. One of the difficult challenges is to educate families on deterioration of older film reels, VHS tapes, and slides/negatives. Often they will remember how it looked when they last watched (sometimes decades ago). So, getting your materials transferred to digital as soon as possible is the best chance to save those precious memories.

I'm glad you got to use our special coupons (we don't do that much of a discount very often!). We do offer folks to immediately get 25% off coupon if they join our mailing list at yesvideo.com. Cheers!”

"I'm a tough customer so getting scores like this from me is not the norm. YesVideo has delivered top quality service and products to me twice in the past two months and they have been excellent! They digitized all slides from the 60's and they look amazing. They delivered the final products with my original slides boxed perfectly and safely. My family loves seeing the images from our childhood. The price was great-I used a groupon for the first order and they sent a coupon with my package for my next order. I called them the 1st time and the customer service was great. No waiting, very helpful. I highly recommend YesVideo-they take really good care of you. I wish it was like this everywhere!"

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-19-2013

“Thank you, Samilynn!!!”

"Yesvideo did a great job transferring my old Super 8 film reels to DVD. They were extremely helpful and I can't wait to send more reels to be done. Thank you!!"

"I wanted to transfer our video to DVD for YEARS. The videos are old (from the 70s and 80s) so I feared that the quality would be poor since the film was very likely in bad condition.

When I got my previews, I thought they were OK, kind of grainy. But when I got my DVD O WOW!!! They were awesome. My sister cried when she saw video of our dad and grandmother again in a very high quality restoration. My mom loved seeing her kids as "babies" again. And my nephew got a kick out of seeing his father and aunts/uncles as kids.

Transferring video to DVD is not cheap - I didn't expect it to be. But I was surprised at the very reasonable rates and high quality of my returned product.

I sent in most of the rest of the videos to be restored, so we can't wait to see our old film again.... Yesvideo made my family so happy.

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-19-2013

YesVideo, Yesvideo.com rep has responded

“Thanks for the kind remarks! There's nothing we like better than when we've done something to positively affect our customers' lives.”

"Did an excellent job for copying my slides to DVD. I had scanned them on my HP G4050 prior to sending them, in case they were lost or damaged. When the DVD came back (along with my slides) I compared them. Yesvideo copies were brighter and the color was awesome. I couldn't believe my G4050 did such a poor job. I will gather more slides to send back to Yesvideo along with some old 8mm films. 100% satisfied...."

modified review This review was modified by Oldonetwo on January 21 2013 09:51:22 AM
modified review Rep reply posted Jan-25-2013

YesVideo, Yesvideo.com rep has responded

“Thanks so much! While we're known best for our video transfer services (it's in our name!) I'm really proud of our image transfer abilities for loose photos, slides (pretty much any size) and negatives. We also do transfers of entire scrapbook/photo albums. Many of our customers find that their is as much on the page next to the photo as their is in the photo to them. We can transfer the entire page to a digital image without ever disturbing that page or any of the photos on it.

Thanks again for the kind words. We know people can do this at home with inexpensive scanners, but feel our equipment and touch-up services are state of the art and usually better than do-it-yourself options! Cheers!”

"After researching other companies locally, a friend of ours told us about yesvideo's website. We had used yesvideo before, unknowingly, when we had some tapes transferred to DVDs at a retail store. This time, we really needed a more economical way to transfer our tapes, not to mention that these tapes are irreplaceable and extremely sentimental to us, as most family tapes are. I contacted a customer service rep at yesvideo, and after consulting with her, and knowing that our tapes would be shipped via UPS, which I've never had any issues with ever, we shipped 30 tapes to be transferred. The entire process was great! The price, unbeatable....period. Once yesvideo rec'd our tapes, they were backed up, so that if the returning tapes/DVDs did happen to get lost, yesvideo had copies of them. That took alot of the stress out of the process for my wife and me. We are completely satisfied, and it is so great to watch the DVDs of our child growing up. 60 plus DVDs...and counting. We will be using yesvideo again, and again, and we are telling everybody that we know that yesvideo is THE place to have tapes/media transferred. The customer service staff is great, understanding, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Our DVDs were processed pretty quick, in our opinion, and the entire process was just so great. It really makes me feel good to be able to write this review for such a great company."

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-11-2013

YesVideo, Yesvideo.com rep has responded

“Wow - what a nice review - you made me blush!

We do our best and hope to continue providing great service for all our customers.”

"Yesvideo was very patient and worked with me when I did not understand the process. My memories were very important to me and they treated me and my tapes as such. I am very appreciative of such service and will use them again. Memorysafe is excellent. Loved their shipping policy, so easy. Oh one more thing, I use Groupon for one of my orders and like the service so much I ordered more without the coupon."

modified review This review was modified by HARRIS13 on January 07 2013 01:03:10 PM
modified review Rep reply posted Jan-07-2013

“Thanks so much!

We love to hear about good experiences.

While I understand that people who have less than a desirable experience with companies often write negative reviews -- understandably so -- it's always nice to hear when folks have great outcomes. We deal with tens of thousands of transfers every month and for 99.9 percent the service goes well. That isn't always obvious when you read reviews and we take every complaint or negative review seriously and do whatever we can to make things right.

Thanks again. It is appreciated among all the hard working employees here at YesVideo.

Darian
Director of Online Marketing”

"DO NOT BUY GROUPONS WITH YESVIDEO. Terrible experience with unhelpful customer service. I have converted DVDs through Yesvideo via Costco and have had no problems. It was affordable and trustworthy. I even recommended it to family. However, after referring people to the groupon deal, I am very dissatisfied. I assumed doing the groupon would be the same as ordering through Costco, where they would convert 2 videotapes to one DVD. Instead they only convert one tape to one DVD through groupon. I had sent 5 tapes to convert to 3 DVDs. I was out of the country for a month. On the voicemail they said they could return the tapes but instead they decided to charge me $140.84 for 3 copies per tape, on top of my $60 groupon credit. They did all of this without my consent. Now I have to return all of the DVDs to get a refund and I'm assuming forfeiting the groupon. Either way, I'm going to get my money back whether they like it or not but I have spent so much time having to deal with Yesvideo's unfriendly customer service, I won't recommend them to anyone again. Buyer beware."

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-16-2013

YesVideo, Yesvideo.com rep has responded

“As a quick update: we've worked with her to better understand the situation and her expectations. I think we resolved all issues. While I hope she modifies her review I am pleased that we were able to follow-up appropriately.

-Darian

Hello,

I'm sorry for your poor experience with us. We do try and ensure we talk with customers before adding additional charges and clearly there was some mix-up. I apologize on behalf of the company and will email you directly to see what we can do to make this right.

The Groupon deal is a different set of services and their are some differences in what the services offer. That should have been clear on the Groupon text, but sounds like it was not. I'm confused about the 3 copies per tape -- so it sounds like you got 15 DVDs instead of the 2 or 3 that you thought you were going to get.

We only thrive based on the trust of our customers and their word-of-mouth recommendations. We did not serve your needs here and will do whatever we need to do to resolve the situation.

Regards,

Darian
Director of Online Marketing”

Yesvideo.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Yesvideo.com is a merchant member
Yesvideo.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,877 merchant members.