• Address: 5175 Commerce Dr Baldwin Park, Ca 91706
    • Phone: (888) 937-5580
    • Customer Support: (866) 212-0973
    • Business Hours: 8:30AM - 5:30PM PST Mon-Fri Closed Sat & Sun
    • Fax: (626)813-3810

"Similar experence to blu1, on same product.
I expected bulk (no manual, or driver disk).
Product shipped is that, plus
NO beamforming mic, as pictured, and mentioned in a bullet point on their list of features.
NO EMI Shielding, as pictured on site
No red LED's

NO Mention of Bulk or OEM Version on site

They will accept return, but only after 15% restocking and shipping is on me. (over $20 to return, because of their mis-advertising) Their Customer support will not waive either, and neither will next level dispute resolution (CyberpowerPC!).

And the product page with no mention of bulk, and mentioning included features is not currently up, for some reason...hmmm..

I vote AVOID!

modified review This review was modified by wowzer14 on March 21 2013 10:28:48 AM
modified review Rep reply posted Mar-21-2013

“Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize as the images are used for reference only. The item you receive is the OEM item and unfortunately does not contain accessories. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.”

"Will false advertise. Product received was not same as shown in image on product page. Nowhere in the description indicates the item was an OEM/barebone product.

Received product did not have the red EMS shield, no beamforming mic accessories, which is shown in the image. No manual.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-21-2013

“Dear Valued Customer,

"This is my 2nd gaming system biult by XtremeGear/buyxg.com/CyberPower. The ease of use of the web-store, PC Configurator, and LIVE CUSTOMER Service Support via phone puts this company head and shoulders above the competition. I priced my custom rig on several PC Gaming sites, and XG beat the competitions price by $500-$600 on average.
It arrived on time, and was plug & play ready out of the box.
This Rig chews through all modern games without breaking a sweat. Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, Skyrim, Batman Arkham City - All set to Ultra and averaging 56-60+ FPS. I am enjoying so much gaming goodness, it's almost Sinful!
Here are my system specs:
XG Gaming Thunder CrossFireX PC (NO MONITOR) XGTXFZ, http://www.buyxg.com/system/XG_Gaming_Thunder_CrossFireX_PC/detail
• *BASE_PRICE: [+1289]
• CAS: Raidmax Blade Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window (Black Color)
• CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
• CD2: None
• CASUPGRADE: 12in Cold Cathode Neon Light [+10] (Red Color)
• CS_FAN: Maximum Enermax 120MM Case Cooling Fans for selected case (Maximum Silent Operation) [+29] (500-1,200 RPM T.B. Silence Black Color with Red LED Twister Bearing 8-14 dBA)
• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2700K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155
• FREEBIE_CU1: FREE! 4GB USB 2.0 Portable Flash Drive
• FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) [+36] (Single Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fan [+15])
• FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
• GLASSES: None
• HDD: 60 GB Intel 520 Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s - 550 MB/s Read & 520 MB/s Write (Single Drive)
• HDD2: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+99] (Single Drive)
• IEEE_CARD: NONE
• KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
• MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
• MONITOR: None
• MONITOR2: None
• MODEM: NONE
• MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] MSI Z77A-G41 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Winki 3, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2x PCIe X16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
• MB_SRT: None
• MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [+86] (Corsair or Major Brand)
• NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
• OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
• POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Thermaltake TR2 RX Modular 80 Plus PSU - PN: W0319RU [+55]
• RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
• SERVICE: Standard Warranty: 1-Year Limited Warranty Plus Life-Time Technical Support
• SPEAKERS: None [-5]
• SOUND: Creative Labs SB Audigy SE [+30]
• TEMP: NONE (AS SHOWN)
• TVRC: None
• USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
• USBX: None
• USBHD: None
• USBFLASH: None
• VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
• VIDEO2: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
• VIDEO3: None
• WNC: None
• _PRICE: (+1644)

modified review This review was modified by DeckerDallas on September 14 2012 11:11:02 AM

jadinolf's Avatar
Ojai, CA USA

"This has been a pleasant experience. I have been looking for a particular outdated product for years.I posted my plea on an Internet forum, got a suggestion that I try XtremeGear.

I ordered on Saturday 2/4 and the product arrived today 2/8. Could not be more pleased.

I highly recommend this supplier.

"I was able to find the product I wanted quickly, the order process went very smoothly, and it arrived in a satisfactory amount of time. What more could i ask for?"

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-26-2010

buyxg, XtremeGear.Com / buyxg.co rep has responded

“Thank you for choosing XtremeGear. We're glad to have provided a system to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns please contact our technical support, 888/900-5180.”

"Purchased i7 980x system for excellent price. Fast assembly and shipping. Assembled and packaged with care. Would recommend to everyone. "

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-23-2010

“Dear Valued Customer,
We like to thank for taking the time to post your experience. Its delightful to hear the pricing and service meet to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns please contact our technical support for further assistance.”

"I ordered on the 8th (2010) and they told me it would come on the 22nd. They got it too me on the 19th. GREAT! So then I proceed too open the box and the packaging falls open (not faulty package, it was cut D: ) and i see a mouse and a keyboard. Firstly, I never ordered a keyboard or a mouse. Yet as i further investigated i found a email saying that they where sorry that they where late (which they where not) And so i then asked CS about it and they said that I should just keep it. Onward. As i kept opening the package, i found a few bumps on the edges of the cardboard but no damage too the actual computer.

It was up and running flawlessly like a dream (Nvidia GTX 275, quad core, 3 case fans and 700 power) in about 1 hour (due too installation etc.) So, over all, i am very satisfied.

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-21-2010

“Abat3y

Thank you very much for taking the time for posting your experience. We appreciate the feeback and grateful that you are satisfied with our product. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact our technical support. ”

"Ordered my system on 12/28 and was supposed to ship on 1/11 actually shipped on 1/07. Have had no problem with the system and this thing screams :D. Quality parts and they actually send you the boxes and cards from the hardware so you know your getting the real deal quality parts not some cheaply made OEM Junk (ala Alienware) will buy from them again. Only complaint was the tech support had a slightly long wait for a simple question i had but was quickly resolved"

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-14-2010

“Dear Customer
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience. We appreciate the feedback of our hardware and build. If you have any concerns or questions feel free to contact our technical support or email to either CyberHD.tech@cyberpowerpc.com or techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com.”

"I bought a customized Xion6000 as a christmas gift for my son so I have only fired it up to check everything, get the windows updates and install anti virus/spyware software then wrapped it back up. I can tell how impressed I am with XtremeGear so far. First off the price was fantastic- The order/build time was quick especially during the holiday season. The communication and web access to see your order schedule (pass thru gates/milestones)was useful, reassuring and informative. I miss interpreted a confirmation invoiced emailed to me during the build process and thought there was a problem- I called support after hours left a message; they called me the next day and followed up with an emails- there was no issue but I wanted to share that, because of responsiveness I got from service support - I rate them great.
Shipping - this thing was professionally packed; it came in an oversize box so they can put foam on all sides and the "icing" was that they put the self filling/setting foam on the inside of the computer as well - that keeps everything from moving and prevents bump, vibration damage - well done. Some of the upgrades I orderd were for CPU cooling, case and fans, and power supply- everything looks top knotch. I also got the upgraded wiring option which btw.... I have never seen such a well organized , "clean" clutter free system as this one. Some one really took the time and care when they put this system together for me. All in all my experience has been very very good; I am impressed and everything looks as though it was handled with the highest quality - my expectations are the same for the performance.

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-18-2009

“Ohioian62,

Thank you for your post and we are happy that you received the computer and there have been no issues with it. We do our best to take every precaution to properly protect the computer during shipping, so that there would be little to no damages once received by the customer. Should there be any issues that may occure, we advise that you please contact us for a technician to assist you with getting them resolved.”

"UPDATE!!!!!
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!
After just one week had severe problems with the computer...The tech support was nice and they were helpful but there was nothing they could do and expected me to continually spend weeks on end sending this system back and forth from NY to CA which takes up to 1 week each way, not to mention the time it takes to be fixed. I told them I wanted a refund; they are making ME pay for the return shipping, when they sent me a malfunctioning system. This is BS and I will be screaming from the hilltops as well as to the BBB about this. Paying for return shipping on a malfunctioning product, what nerve!!
Highly recommend. Very good company. Customer Service was great and the communication of the whole order from start to finish all documented. If you don't understand something, they are happy to help you and answer your questions.
The system came packaged very well. Haven't had any issues and I have a year to have any issues, lol. Longer after I buy a Square Trade Warranty. Very customer concerned company. Cheaper than you think too!!

There were only a couple of issues. The speakers I got sucked because there was no actual component description. My mouse squeaks (I know it sounds funny) but it does. And the system I ordered was supposed to have Vista Business (Pro?) and they were back logged so I took Win 7 even though I have to buy a whole nother operating system for work, they don't support 7 yet.

Other than that my only concern is will my fabulous speedy computer continue to run? I worry because I read some other reviews here that weren't so good. I hope that nothing goes wrong and if it does that I am treated better. Thanks.

UPDATE:::: It's has been a little less than a week and already the thing freezes. That might be due to the fact that I bought Vista Business with upgrade coupon to Windows 7 both 32-bit additions. When they called and told me Vista was backed up, I asked how I would be compensated, no answer. They could not copensate me (not even send the copy of Vista when available). I told them to go ahead and put the Windows 7 Professional on the system. I got the system and they put a 64-bit Windows 7 on it. So not only was I forced to upgrade, not many of my programs and utilities do not work or work correctly or might be causing all of the system freezes because they took it upon themselves to change the order from a 32-bit OS to a 64-bit OS. This is a problem with the programs I need. And running the XP mode virtual machine in a useful manner is not possible without like 8GB of memory. Seriously.
Basically, I did not entirely get what I paid for and I am not very happy with the lack of compensation when they could not give me what I ordered exactly.
Oh and the speakers with the sub-woofer, hahahahaha, the picture is all the speakers are worth.

Another UPDATE... sent the system back for a refund, out $130 in shipping charges. Had to fight tooth and nail for 3 days to get the RMA number to send it back. They claim you'll receive your refund in 7-10 days, today is the 9th day and no sign of it. Monday is the last day. When I "checked the status of the RMA" which means I was really checking on my refund the email only repeated the warranty information and the 7-10 days and tried to sneak in there they will keep some of my cash if anything was broken or missing. I know I sent everything, even have a video of me packing up the entire box, check mark by check mark and detailed pictures of each component in mint condition. Yet it is taking them the whole 7-10 days to issue the refund (and that's if it is issued on Monday the 25th of Jan.). The problem was an intermittent freezing issue, the system would only work with very minimal installed and would still freeze if you tried to do anything process heavy, which renders it useless as far as I am concerned. I only wanted to refund it because I do not have the time to keep shipping the thing back and forth for troubleshooting from New York to CyberPower/Xtreme Gear in California. As most people know diagnosing an intermittent problem is touch and go, trial and error, which means my system and I potentially could have been separated more than together, which is ridiculous. So I asked for the refund. I'll update again on Monday as whether or not it was issued and then again when I actually get the money. Still not recommending this company unless you do what they want they treat you like crap, in other words, the customer only matters when the customer does it their way. That's not very businesslike in a customer dominated society. We'll see what happens.

modified review This review was modified by dontwanna on January 22 2010 09:49:32 AM

buyxg, XtremeGear.Com / buyxg.co rep has responded

“We do our best to make configuring a custom computer simple to do. If there are any questions regarding any of the parts that we sell, our Sales staff will be glad to answer them. It seems that the customer experienced some minor issues after receiving the computer and we would greatly like to assist him/her with getting them resolved.”

"I wanted to wait to see how this computer would work. So far, I am completely pleased with it. I did have to contact Xtreme gear twice after placing my order.
The first time was because I entered the shipping street address number incorrectly. I got a call from Xtreme gear explaining why I need to contact them. I thought, oh great, sitting on the phone forever to straighten this mess out. The call was handled quickly and professionally. I even got a few other questions answered that I was curious about.

Shipment was received within the dates that I was quoted and I could monitor progress of the system from the web site too.

I contacted Xtreme gear after I received the system, with a few questions, really clarifications on how the Windows 7 upgrade worked. Once again, no long wait and I got to talk to a knowledgeable and professional person again.

Since that time, the system has worked flawlessly. I love the speed, but really what impresses me most is how quiet it runs. It is almost scary that it can have so much speed and power and run so cool and still be so quiet.

Configuring a system is not the easiest thing to do. You do need some computer knowledge. Time spent configuring various options takes time but is worth the time. I configured the same specs on different web sites and XtremeGear was priced the best for the system requirements I had.

I will definitely return when I am in the market for another system for myself or someone else.

buyxg, XtremeGear.Com / buyxg.co rep has responded

“We're glad that this customer was able to quickly get in touch with a Xtreme Gear representative and have all his questions answered professionally. Also, it's good to hear that everything has been working fine with the computer and there are no issues. In the event that an issue should arise, we would ask that the customer contact us as early as possible, so that we can have a technician assist him with getting it resolved.”

"Although this invoice date was 11/10/09, the order was placed on 10/17/09. Nothing was shown for progress on my pc until I called and complained. I was then told the fan controller was backordered so I tried to swap out for another one and was told that no other models were in stock.. When I received the pc it had an optiarc dvd player instead of the sony it was supposed to come with. Also my logitech keyboard was backordered but when it arrived today it was a cheap xtreme gear usb kb instead of the logitech ps/2 keyboard. Do not buy from them unless you are close enough to their location. If you are far away they will try to pass off crap to you and hope you say nothing."

“Sweryda,

We're sorry to hear that there were delays with the assembly of your computer and that parts were substituted with other parts. We'd really like to be able to have a technician speak with you to get all these issues resolved. We'll be making arrangements for a technician to try to contact you later today.”

" On November 18,2009 the full amount of my refund was credited back to my credit card account. The total time involved was 19 days. This was reasonable and I am well satisfied and believe this is a reputable company."

modified review This review was modified by jcarso on November 23 2009 01:34:32 AM
modified review Rep reply posted Nov-19-2009

buyxg, XtremeGear.Com / buyxg.co rep has responded

“Thank you for posting. We are glad to hear that you have had an overall good experience with us and may consider purchasing from us again in the future. We have looked into the situation with the refund transaction and everything has been fully processed on our end. The credit card company will now need to process the refund on their end and post it to your account.”

"While not offering much information about the components in your build, if you do your own research on them you will save a significant amount versus other custom PC builders.
I could not buy the parts for the price they delivered it assemnled for!
5 Star build quality. The only problem was a DVD burner not working which was nothing other than a loose connection and easil fixed. And other than the 60 day trial of Office 2007 (I own the full version) no bloatware!
Great job and I thoroughly recommend them if you can navigate their website.
Be sure to build the same specs from more than one model they offer, as prices vary with identical components!
P.S. I have already received my Windows 7 upgrade coupon and ordered it from Microsoft...

modified review This review was modified by stonehkm on September 10 2009 01:24:45 AM

"Great experience, overall.

Purchased a bare-bones kit from Tiger Direct, that after installation, would not POST. Spent three long weeks visiting forums, swapping parts, and troubleshooting various components before I finally conceded defeat.

I just realized that I saw a review for Extreme Gear on Reseller ratings. After visiting their site and using their configurator, I was able to purchase a beefier computer for less money than I would have originally paid.

I'm extremely satisfied with Extreme Gear. They build a great PC. Do not hesitate to take a chance on them. If I had not seen a positive review on them from this site I would have potentially spent hundreds more on a new computer. Good luck!

XtremeGear.Com / buyxg.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

XtremeGear.Com / buyxg.com is a merchant member
XtremeGear.Com / buyxg.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,843 merchant members.