Xotic PCCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.11/10 9.11/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.61/10 9.61/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.77/10 8.77/10

What is this?

"Xotic PC is professional, thorough, and meticlious when it comes to building your dream machine. I have made 3 separate purchases with them and have been more than satisfied each and every time. They send you an update every step of the way. Every company sould take the time to conduct business as Xotic PC does. Xotic PC also ensures your method of payment is not used fraudulently by someone else, almost couldn't buy my first laptop from them until I verified more information for them. Xotic PC is by far the best custom PC company out there, I dare others to try and compare. "

"My system arrived in a very timely manner, and has gotten a great deal of use. I love everything about it, from it's overall design to how well it functions; it was money well spent. Also, the customer service we received while going through the purchasing process was excellent. We had to make a few modifications to the original order and the people we worked with helped us every step of the way. Shortly after I received it, my mother-in-law bought a similar system from XOTIC PC for herself, and she is also thrilled with her purchase. When it comes time to purchase a new computer, we will most definitely take XOTIC PC into consideration."

"**** UPDATE ****
After I posted here, Josh from XOTIC-PC contacted me with regards to the issue. XOTIC-PC is refunding me 1546.45 USD. This is the cost of the laptop. I am satisfied with this settlement, although it leaves me 100$ in the hole due to the wire transfer fees and the cost of shipping back the return.

Thanks Josh for stepping up and doing the right thing.
***************

I recently placed an order for a Sager/Clevo laptop from Sager NP8278-S (Clevo P170SM-A) from XOTIC-PC. I decided to take advantage of the cash discount they were offering on the site by deciding to do a wire transfer. The order placed on 08/04 and shipped on 08/15 I received it on 08/21. My grand total including all costs 1546.45 + 30$ (Wire transfer fee)
Out of the box the laptop had multiple issues. The touchpad was smooth in some places and scratchy in other places and was very unresponsive and flakey. This however was not the biggest problem, the laptop would randomly turn off while being used on battery power, despite being fully charged. After multiple attempts to reach XOTIC-PC support I managed to have email conversations and eventually a phone conversation with their customer support. They had me remove and connect back the battery pack and none of this seemed to fix the problem. They asked me to ship it in for a "repair". However I expressed interest in having a refund, as the problem with the touchpad and the battery issue on a new laptop did not inspire confidence in the product. This was the start of my nightmare experience.
XOTIC PC would not cover shipping of the laptop back to them. Despite buying my laptop from XOTIC-PC, they seem to defer to Sager policies for returns and or any questions. The cost of Shipping and Insurance which they insist on was (60 USD)
Since my laptop was shipped to XOTIC-PC location from Sager, to avoid California costs, they would not cover the cost of shipping from Sager to XOTIC-PC, Also other costs for any additional services such as Expedited Shipping was all dumped on me. Total loss here was ( 97 USD)
Cost of original wire transfer (30 USD)
They want to deduct a further 43 USD cost to wire transferring me money back to me. (43 USD)
A grand loss of 233 USD and no working laptop. I am loosing 200+ dollars for no fault of mine and for doing business with XOTIC-PC. Between the manufacturer and the reseller, they need to take responsibility when a product is faulty and the customer is not satisfied with the product. Not nickel and dime the customer for every thing. That is the cost of doing business.
XOTIC-PC does not take responsibility as a reseller and resorts to being a go-between Sager and the customer once a faulty product is encountered. They completely wash their hands of all responsibilities and pass on every cost down to the customer. Returns, Shipping, Wire transfers fees to send your refund back, Service fees etc etc..
I tried my best to work with them even offering to work on a repair if my warranty was extended, as there is further fine print stating that if the the laptop is not returned within 30 days of shipping I would be charged a further 15$ restocking fee. This considering the order took 5 days from shipping to arrive at my place.
If you really want to buy a Sager laptop, buy it directly from Sager they have a site and sell directly. I rather interact directly with the manufacturer rather than have an unhelpful middle man, who just extorts the customer for every penny when a transaction fails.
Avoid this nightmare, there are other legitimate sellers out there, who will take responsibility when a product is bad.

"Xotic PC is great! I had never bought a custom laptop before, and they made it extremely easy. Everything was labeled clearly and I could see how much it totaled up to as I was choosing. Extremely simple and easy to use.

Their customer service is A+ as well. I was constantly updated as progress was made to my order. They even contacted me to make sure I wanted to exclude certain parts that would mean the laptop wouldn't run like most prebought computers. For example I got Windows 7 through my university so I excluded it from my order.

Definitely recommended.

"Picked up an MSI GT70 "Dominator". I spent several months "researching" (coveting would be more accurate) a new laptop. I had a big ol' spreadsheet of price and config comparisons made up.. and for what I wanted, and what was being offered, It kept looking like Xotic was going to be the one.
Using the website to run through the config was easy peasy. I got a call back a day or so later from Kat (who is made of awesome!), to confirm my order details (and happily put up with me being that customer that couldn't remember 2 things in a conversation.. I had my derpy customer hat on that day)
The occasional canned email update to keep me in the know about status was nice. Build time took on the longer end of the quoted time, but was definitely within the timeline quoted (The splurge on "rush production was worth the cost. This was one toy I was very eager to get!!).

I'm happy with my order and was extremely satisfied with the customer service side of this deal. While I hope this laptop lasts a few years, I do look forward to dealing with them again in the future. (Look.. I hate writing reviews, and here I am). :-)

"Extremely satisfied with my purchase. The PC performed as well as expected and is monster fast! I primarily use it for (DAW) recording software and have had issues with previous computers because it uses an enormous amount of CPU. The PC I purchased with it's design barely clocks at all. Everyone I was originally talking to kept pushing toward MAC, but the cost was way out of my budget. The customer service folks at Xotic PC helped me design the system I needed within the budget I had and shows they really know what they are doing as a result. I feel like I got the best option available without breaking the bank and I am not pigeon holed into using MAC. I will back in a few years for the next generation."

"PC works great, quick shipping, highly recommend!"

"I am very satisfied with the product and service. My system has met my expectations, was made to order, and I have not had any issues as of yet. I was assisted promptly and professionally with a billing discrepancy. The tech who helped me with my order was very personable on the phone and delivered on everything we discussed with great efficiency. I would recommend Xotic PC to anyone considering their reseller options in a sea of greedy savages selling garbage as gold (excuse the hyperbole). It is well worth a few extra dollars on your system for this great, custom service."

"Extremely happy with the service received from XoticPC. Not only were their prices cheaper than anywhere else, but their customer service and attention to detail demonstrated by XoticPC were both outstanding. Even with multiple order changes I made after my initial order, everything shipped correctly and on time, with everything arriving in great condition. XoticPC is also very good at keeping in touch with their customers about every little thing you would need to know, whether through e-mails or phone calls. They also have a free online chat service for assistance. They want to help you with anything the can. XoticPC is very professional and accommodating, and it is impossible for me to give reasons for not using them as a reseller. I recommend XoticPC to anyone looking for the most competitive prices on the net without sacrificing any bit of customer service or quality. "

"Xoticpc has an incredible customer service as well as speedy production of my purchase. They kept me up to date on everything happening with my purchase from processing to assembly and final testing, an absolute genius way to keep customers and I from wondering all the time. I have already recommended xoticpc to a number of people and I know if ever I need another PC, they will be my first and only stop."

"A friend of mine had recommended the sager/clevo brand when I was thinking of upgrading my computer. I went on the site and found what I wanted out of a system. Luckily there were plenty of back to school options so that made the process even sweeter. So far the customer service is awesome. I have yet to receive my laptop but I think that the end product will be amazing. "

"There are a bunch of companies online that build custom PCs, so doing my research was a must. I was reading all the reviews posted by customers, and biased my buy from there. There was one company that did stand out in all the reviews; XoticPc. I was not disappointed at all during the whole process. In fact I was very pleased. XoticPc was very thorough in updates during the build process. I received emails daily, sometimes twice a day, keeping me up to date on where my rig was in the build process. In today's online shopping age. It is such a relief to still know there are companies like XoticPc, that believe in quality rather than quantity. I was even impressed with the shipping materials. I have bought laptops through other companies online, but never received them in a double box. The other companies always sent the laptop only in the OEM box. This attention to detail is what will keep me referring XoticPc to friends and family. "

"My experience purchasing a laptop from XOTIC PC was excellent on every level. After a lot of research, I found that XOTIC PC was my cheapest option for finding the exactly the hardware I wanted. The process of ordering was very straightforward, and I felt well-informed at every stage of the process. Customer service was excellent - I contacted the company by email about an error I made, and it was resolved very quickly. I am very pleased with the product, and would gladly order from them again!"

"I am very happy with Xotic PC,was well-informed throughout the process and am very pleased with the end-result."

"XoticPC did an amazing job throughout my entire order process. They were quick to respond, always friendly, and made sure I was satisfied with my laptop. They carry only quality equipment, so you can always know that you are buying a worthy product. I recommend them to anybody who is looking for a gaming laptop at any price range."

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,846 merchant members.