Stores > Xotic PC

Customer service: Rating 9.36/10 9.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.61/10 8.61/10
2017-01-11

XOTIC PC Review

"I am updating my original review since the XOTIC Customer team reached out and ensured that I received the game codes and the credit that were promised. I appreciated the considerable effort taken by them to do this ,especially since I was out of the country. I am still knocking off a star since I would've expected this to be done as part of the original delivery process but overall I'm very satisfied with the product itself. As I mentioned in the original review, their worksmanship in the painting and laptop customization department is of the highest quality. "

This review was modified by varun_alurkar on January 17 2017 07:30:01 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-12-2017

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We very much apologize for the the delay in receiving your machine due to the paint taking longer than expected but we are glad you are happy with the outcome. We show we sent the game codes as well as the bundle to make up for the time but if you didn't receive that, please let our customer loyalty manager know. We are looking into the credit you were supposed to receive and will make that right with you. It is never our intent to deceive our customers and I'm positive we can come to a complete resolution so we can prove to you we are much better than the 1 star service you rated us. Thank you for your business.”

2017-01-09

Hand held every step of the way

"Very nice shopping experience with XOTIC PC. They will be with you every step of the way with notifications on build progress as well as shipping progress.

Thanks Emily M, and Danielle G

This review was modified by crguin01 on January 09 2017 05:22:46 PM

2017-01-07

Xotic PC is working on issues

"After 1 month waiting was told my drive(Samsung evo 960 256G)did not work in my system...would i like to pay 169 for a substandard drive, get a stock drive(with no refund for the samsung drive or a substandard drive. After asking about this I was informed that the drive was bad and all was good. Make sure you put everything you would like to receive in the comments section when you order because they are just checking the box does not qualify for an order. Do not be fooled, you need to pay for expedited shipping(another 49-79 dollars) oh wait it says when the items are available so I bet they screw you on that also. I could of went to amazon and bought a vanilla model for 500 less and gotten it in 2 days. Shipping- protection on top of components, nothing on bottom to protect computer.
I have been in contact with Xotic and Mathew and Barry Have been working with me to resolve my issues. Prompt service.

This review was modified by ddelliott2 on January 12 2017 04:30:02 PM
Rep reply posted Jan-10-2017

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We are sorry that this has been your experience with us. Our Customer Loyalty Manager has been working with you to resolve your issues. We are positive we can come to a resolution you can be happy with to prove we are much better than the 1 star service you rated us. Thank you for your business. ”

2017-01-03

Excellent service as always.

"This is my second time ordering from them; everything went well! Fantastic customization options, prices, and service. They are very accommodating, so do not hesitate to contact them!"

This review was modified by KevanY on January 03 2017 06:31:56 PM

2017-01-03

Wonderful service and product

"This was my first purchase with Xotic PC and i plan on buying from them again. They had wonderful communication and are very helpful."

2017-01-02

XOTICPC Purchase

"I recently purchased an MSI GE72 Apache Pro 003 laptop from XOTICPC. I needed to replace an older laptop, and a family member gave a strong recommendation for XOTICPC based on their own experience (also with an MSI laptop). I did a lot of comparison shopping and was impressed with the selection of models to choose from on the website, as well as the extensive list of options available to customize my computer. A couple of days after placing the order, I called Support with a question about the build process. After waiting a few minutes on hold, my question was answered by an agent who was knowledgeable, friendly and courteous.

Once the system shipped, Jake in Sales reached out to ensure that I hadn’t had any problems. After exchanging a few brief messages, I spoke with one of his teammates and said my experience was very positive so far, pending delivery and confirmation of no set up issues. The only downside was that while waiting on delivery, the base price dropped below what I had paid a few days earlier. I asked if anything could be done to make up the difference. The agent was sympathetic, but politely explained that they only guarantee the price until the computer is shipped, and mine had already shipped. I was a little disappointed that they don’t provide a 30-day price guarantee like some other merchants do. Still, the positives outweigh the one negative.

I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly my system arrived. Set up was fast with no glitches. Now I’m happy to have a fast and great looking system. Bottom line: I would buy from XOTICPC again, and would recommend them to others.

This review was modified by nflorida2016 on January 02 2017 10:11:23 AM

2016-12-27

Excellent product! Excellent communication!

"I was terrified to order over a laptop over the Internet, but Wow! Wow! Wow! This company is amazing. Amazing product (msi dominater laptop). Came super fast. And I got up to date email communication on every step of the laptop building process. Every. Single. Step. I never had to wonder where things were at. Went way above my expectations on any check mark I could think of to check off on what I expected. I couldn't believe the packaging. Tight. This process could not of gone any smoother. Thanks Emily & team!"

2016-12-27

Happy with my purchase experience

"I checked out Xotic PC because their name kept coming up as having supplied systems to computer reviewers. And I am so glad I did. Their customization allowed me to get the exact configuration I wanted (e.g., no Win10!). Their pre-purchase testing, monitor calibration, and dead-pixel warranty give me peace of mind. The computer I got is for graphic design, and though the gaming-oriented features are helpful in my work, I can't wait to get my next gaming rig and put those features to work for actual gaming. I would absolutely order from Xotic PC again. "

Great Customer Service and Products

"Danielle from Xotic PC and Barry are very friendly and helped me get the perfect Laptop for not only my gaming needs, but also my work needs. By going with Xotic PC you are sure to get the right product/"

2016-12-24

The Purchase that started it all

"They built the perfect place for me to start my game design career"

2016-12-24

Customer Service

"I had bought an MSI laptop from them during black friday then the laptop was under stocked as the MSI company discontinued the laptop just before the holidays (D move). I was told I had to substitute my laptop and the customer service amazing. I worked with Jake M at sales and customer service and i was a typical annoying but polite customer trying to figure out the exact specs as the previous build. He was well knowledged and replied to all my dumb questions and even informed me of the new features of windows 10 and gave me a free Gears of War 4 add on and rush build. And even when I changed and adjusted my order over and over within 7 days Jake M assisted a replied within a 2 hr period each time (I work). If any further problems occur I'm sure they will handle everything perfectly. As I always say it's not the servers fault it's the cooks. after all no problems would have happened if MSI didn't change their mind on sending the stock they said they were going to send. I'll update as time goes by."

This review was modified by bkindanice on December 24 2016 07:16:57 AM

2016-12-23

Gaming Laptop? Xotic PC gets you exactly whats you want with zero hassles and worries

"This is the second time I've used Xotic PC to order a customized gaming laptop. Their large selection of laptops, customization options, combined with great prices and excellent customer service made them the obvious choice. Both time, the laptops arrived well packaged for shipping, in absolute perfect condition and exactly as per ordered. Next time around I will be back (so Danielle of Xotic PC can be kept busy ;), and I definitely recommend Xotic PC."

This review was modified by roravetz3 on December 23 2016 10:27:19 AM

2016-12-21

Hands down, the best customer service I've ever encountered from an online company!

"Let me start by saying that I am very tech savvy, having had my own computer repair and support business for several years. So I am a very particular customer when it comes to technology and computer products. As such, I did an extensive amount of research before I decided to contact Xotic PC in regard to a custom build laptop. I was thrilled to know that I was dealing with a company that is located right here in the the good old U.S.A., but above and beyond that, from the very first contact, I was impressed Xotic PC! Starting with the level of knowledge and expertise that the sales reps have about their products, as well as their professional communication and follow up to questions! Then once I ordered my system, I was again impressed with the communications via email and phone by the technician that was assembling my system. Yes, I said communication via PHONE, with a live person who was actually personally working on my system build!!! Anyway, due to a configuration conflict, I ended up ordering a different system, and the person in the accounting dept who assisted me with the change order and processing of new payment was also awesome, with communication via both email and phone! And finally, when I had an issue resulting from something that was overlooked prior to the system being shipped, the customer service rep who assisted me with getting the issue resolved was also amazing! She immediately went to work on an answer and a solution, and made me feel as if I was their only customer! She was great, and I couldn't be more impressed with her efforts, as well as those of her co-workers. And it didn't take days or even hours...she had answers and a solution in less than a hour. I was blown away! In a day and age where old fashioned customer service has become a thing of the past, at Xotic PC, it's still alive and well! What an incredible breath of fresh air! And the peace of mind to know that you are working with a company that has that kind of business ethic....priceless!!! "

This review was modified by sandysellsprescott on December 21 2016 10:22:12 PM

A beast

"It is hard to believe there is so much power in such small space.
Everything run at maximum settings. As a consequence, the fans tend to run loud and the battery can run out a bit fast. A fix for this, is to undervolt the CPU by following the "Y700-15ISK (i7-6700HQ) Throttlestop Undervolt guide" on reddit. I didn't find a way to undervolt or optimise the GPU but I'm sure it's doable.
I also highly recommend to do a fresh windows install from scratch to avoid all the bloatwares delivered with the pre-installed OS.
When using home, I plug a 144hz screen using the MiniDisplay Port. Works like a charm.

2016-12-21

bumpy road but no real problems

"First laptop i ordered ended up being discontinued so i had to switch over to ordering another and had some tail end problems with it all have been easily sorted out by the nice helpful customer service reps like Danielle (sadly the only name i have to write because i have it in an e-mail to reference I'm bad at remembering them so the others that have spoken with me thank you as well) , The laptop i received is amazing its very hard to find GOOD windows 7 laptops anymore even if your willing to pay for them this was beyond what i expected to find when i set out to replace my last laptop with what i expect will by my last windows 7 laptop (and possibly my last windows laptop at all the way things are headed)"

This review was modified by neodac on December 21 2016 02:58:06 PM

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,447 merchant members.