Stores > Xotic PC

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.43/10 8.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.22/10 7.22/10

2016-07-25

Great products at a great price

"Xotic PC is the most affordable custom laptop and desktop seller. I would recommend that you buy a computer during a promotional period like black Friday, holiday season, or back to school. You could get some pretty good things along with your computer and save some money.

The shipping was with FedEx and you do have to sigh when you get the package. I like that you have to sigh because you do not want anyone taking your high end system. The shipping was also pretty fast.

Customer service was pretty good. When I contacted support it was during the holiday season so it was a little slow but at least they responded within a day. I am sure that they will respond faster when it is not a busy season.

Overall I would recommend Xotic PC because they make really good systems at a great price. They have a wide variety of laptops and desktops to choose from so you will find one that you will like.

2016-07-19

Good Deal, Good Service

"I was in the market for a new gaming ultrabook. Xotic had the best deal of anyone, and they did customization of the order on the cheap. I paid around $90 for an ssd, already installed with the OS loaded on it. The part alone would have cost upwards of a hundred anywhere else, and I would have had to do the installation myself.
Service was quick and they made sure to keep me up-to-date on the status of my system. They did a full suite of benchmarks so I could be sure my system was in perfect shape when I got it.
My PC was supposed to come with a code for Tom Clancy's The Division, but it didn't. My tech support request, start to finish, was completed in around 36 hours, which I was more than satisfied with. Everyone at the company I've interacted with has been super friendly and personable, which goes a long way in my book.
My only complaints about xotic are that they put a giant ugly sticker on the laptop's bezel (scraped off shortly) and the screws on the bottom of the pc were *very* slightly loose from them inserting the ssd (fixed in five seconds with a phillip's head).
Overall, quite happy. The biggest reason I chose the service was that they did stress testing, and that was important to me since I didn't trust the brand of the pc I was buying (turned out to be totally stable).

This review was modified by gencurtlane on July 19 2016 10:08:33 PM

2016-07-18

Best Service so far and Best Laptop I had so far!

"Amazing service I received with XoticPC. The way they kept me posted with the progress of my laptop build is remarkable. 10/10 would buy from them again if needed. Already recommended to my friends to look out for XoticPC if they are looking for a new gaming laptop. "

Great custom machines!

"After years of building my own machines I got tired of the time and effort troubleshooting when something went wrong. But I loved knowing exactly what went into my machines. So when I was ready for a portable gaming PC that I didn't have to build, I did some research across many custom PC builders and landed on XoticPC based on the general customer feedback at the time, and the price they were offering for their high-end custom gaming laptops.

This was back in 2007 when I purchased my first Sager from them. I figure it won't hurt to try this out and see how this company is and the quality of their work. Fast forward to 2016, I have stayed with this company through 2 more high-end Sager laptops and have been more than pleased with the support from this company.

On the rare occasions when I've needed to contact their tech support when something was truly wrong with my machines, they have proven to be more than knowledgeable in the product, and the issue at hand. This also demonstrates the workmanship in the product they deliver.

I'm glad to have found a company that I can trust with my technical needs, and who would take as much care in what they're building as if it were their own.

2016-07-18

Great options, worth the wait

"When I started shopping around for a new gaming laptop I had a lot of trouble finding the exact models and options I wanted. I could build from scratch at a free companies, but their prices seemed really high for the mid range specs I was going for. Xotic had the best and the greatest variety of models and options to modify those models of anywhere I looked. My laptop took a few weeks to order and build out, but it was well worth the wait. Definitely recommended!"

This review was modified by Dptemp on July 18 2016 09:00:26 AM

2016-07-18

Great service, great selection, great prices

"I recently purchased a laptop through Xoticpc. I was looking for a computer for a couple months, checking all the sellers including newegg, amazon, and others. I chose Xoticpc based on the fact that their prices were just as good or better than anyone else's for the laptop. But, I have used Xoticpc before, and I know that their service is top notch. This computer has had no issues, but my last computer had a keyboard issue, and the RMA process was simple, they helped my through the whole process, and it was very fast.

Their sales service was very informative and helpful. They accurately answered all my questions, and the laptop even exceeded the expectations created by their sales team. Shipping was fast and free. I will go back to xoticpc next time I'm in the market for a new computer. I really like this company and want them to sell me all my laptops in the future.

This review was modified by cmg11 on July 18 2016 07:38:56 AM

2016-07-13

very misleading

"I am beyond mad at this point. I will be asking for a refund. first the product was late getting to me. now the product won't even install OS. I basically have a super expensive paper weight at this point. and of course I get the xoticpc run around. "

This review was modified by shawnp30 on July 13 2016 09:22:47 PM
Rep reply posted Jul-15-2016

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We are working with this customer and awaiting a update.”

2016-07-11

Great Computers, only minor flaw

"I bought a new gaming computer for my fiance. She is savvy enough to get around, but she has been on OSX for ages, and not familiar with how Windows drivers work. Everything was great until she plugged in her headphones and the side ports on the computer didn't work.

It seems they installed the drivers from the MSI cd, and never checked for updates. The drivers on the CD weren't 100% compatible with Windows 10. I went to MSI's site and did a lot of digging to find updates, and update drivers. After some messing around, I got things working with proper drivers.

Fantastic site, great computers, just a minor nitpick for people that aren't as computer savvy. She was lucky I know this stuff.

2016-07-11

Ultimate grand slam of a company

"There are many words i could use to describe how amazing they are and how they deserve my response, but all i will say is i couldn't have asked for a better buying experience."

2016-07-07

Best place to get laptops!

"Got a Sager custom built and overclocked. Came fast (for a custom build) and works great!"

2016-07-05

Mixed Blessings... Made Right!

"UPDATE to the Below (and a ranking change)
Within 16 hours of the below review XoticPC had taken action.
1) They are shipping the External Hard Drive AND
2) They had read, agreed and already programmed logic into their website to prevent anyone else from experiencing the same problem.

I don't know about anyone Else's Change Management process, but a 16 hour time period to consider, decide, program, test and implement a change in that amount of time is.. well.. just shy of a miracle. Hats off to XoticPC for listening to their customers and acting on it.

Even though the issue existed, the resolution was a win for all XoticPC shoppers, and gave me full satisfaction that I had worked with an excellent company.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Great News! The MSI GT72s Dominator 037 I ordered is amazing. Looks, Power, Sound, Power, Response (I did upgrade to 32mb) ... this thing is a Beast! Kudos to you MSI! Excellent product! (I read somewhere that someone complained about the keys clicking? They don't.)

It took me 3 weeks to order the beast... Custom/Don't custom, upgrade/ don't upgrade... tweak here, tweak there. I knew this was a big investment. If I was going to do it I wanted to do it right. XoticPC has an online chat, but it is permanently in "Leave a Message" mode. Not much help. So I pushed on... and eventually hit the "Order" button.

It did take while for them to get started - over a week, But when they did start they were ULTRA FAST! Parts gathered, Built and Stress tested in 3 days! and it Shipped! I received it in pristine condition. The beast was fully protected, had any mishandling occurred.

The Bad News: I feel deceived.
There was a promotion going on when I purchase the laptop. It lists at the top of the custom page, in the Promotion area. You just check which promotions you would like to receive. A STORAGE UPGRADE! External 1TB 7200RPM USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive (Select Below) was listed with a few other items. Similar to the free 32mb upgrade from 16mb (Select Below).

I found the RAM upgrade listed, and selected it... but even after 3 weeks, I could not find the HD. Online chat was not available, as normal. So I went to the checkout. There it was! Listed on my checkout list! OK.. it wasn't like I had a choice of HDs anyway. They added it because I had checked that I wanted it. I felt safe and completed the order. (I had ordered a custom Clean OS installation, bypassed the MFG Backups disk, and was going to back up my virgin system to the Ext HD.)

When I received my order, it was not in the shipment. Also, there was no packing slip. OK so someone missed packing it. It happens. I emailed CS with the info my order number.

The first response was comical: "We're sorry something happened. Provide your order number and we will investigate.." The order Number was in the Subject line of their email. OK we all have "duh!" days. He did leave a number, so I tried to call, but had to leave lite hearted voicemail.

I received a response that the HEADSETS were backordered but would ship when they received them. (Yes, there was a headset in the promotions that I also didn't receive, but that wasn't a concern.)

He replied within minutes! (That was great! He was trying!) He researched and replied again:
"As for the 1TB drive it was not selected down below. ..... I do apologize about this inconvenience about this issue. "

I informed him had looked many times and was unable to find it. (Web pages are not always updated like the should). He described where it was.... and wow... nope, I never would have found it. The custom page is designed in sections that get less interesting as you go... unless you want the hundreds of frilly extras and accessories.

Under the lists of Backpacks, Sleeves, Shoulder bags; Keyboards, Mouse and headsets... is "External Add On Accessories". A few down in the bullet list is "External USB Optical/Hard Drive". IF you click the bullet it explodes to a list and yep! it's in there!

I feel deceived that:
1) It was hidden so well. As Hard Drives were listed WAY up in the sections and it was not there.
2) though it was checked in the Promotions, along with a couple other items (that did not need to be Selected Below), it made you feel that it was ordered, though it was not
3) The ordering system allowed me to proceed with the promotion checked, and the item not. (It should check the item automatically! It's not like there is a color choice. or "Error on page")
4) It appeared in my cart, on my invoice, making me believe it was in the order.
5) XoticPC worked my order and did not see a conflict.

Ordered on 6/19 rec'd on 7/1. Love the machine. But now would not recommend XoticPC to get it from. Its a trust issue.

The CS was Good. The Answer/Results was bad - no fault of the CS employee.

This review was modified by LLemmons on July 06 2016 05:31:40 PM

2016-07-04

2 Years later...It still rocks!

"I ordered a Sager gaming PC from Xotic PC two years ago...why did I wait this long to write a review? Well, simply because it's easy to be thrilled when something is brand-spanking new...but the excitement can subside once reality sets in. In this case, I've only grown to love my Sager more and more. To put things in context, the Sager was a retirement gift from me to me. I'm an avid gamer (even as an old fart) and have a massive Steam library. I was looking for a gaming PC that could carry me into the future with performance and durability. The Sager has fit the bill amazingly. NO problems (ZERO) in the 2 years I've owned it...and that's with daily gaming (and the occasional bit of actual 'work') Even the WASD keys are holding up!

During the order and build process, Xotic PC stayed in contact with me, verifying the current stage of build. They even followed up after delivery to make sure I was satisfied. I was...and still am. Yes, my next gaming laptop with be ordered through Xotic PC and will be a Sager.

This review was modified by jmarke on July 04 2016 09:20:52 AM

2016-07-02

Delay and misinformation

"I ordered on June 11. Specifically chose parts that were listed as in stock because I didn't want to wait weeks for my Sager. Several days later I was called to verify my payment, and I asked about how long my Sager would take to get to me. She said it would probably be about a week at most, because I wasn't getting any customization. Two weeks later my machine still hadn't shipped, so I contacted customer support, who told me the parts were on back order until July 5th. I was upset that I hadn't been informed. In fact, I had been repeatedly led to believe there would be no delay. I wouldn't have ordered if I knew I'd be waiting a month.

So I asked if I could change the parts to something in stock. I was told they would send me a list of options. Several hours later I hadn't heard back so I contacted customer service again, who told me they would look into it again. Then I was told Sager was going to ship my machine out that day, and there wouldn't actually be a delay. No explanation for the sudden change, but I was grateful so I didn't press it further. I was told I would be given a tracking number when they had it.

Now it's been three days since I was told it would ship. UPS estimates ground shipping should be about 3 days, but I haven't even received a tracking number yet, let alone my Sager. I kind of doubt the machine was even shipped yet.

Customer service has been very friendly, but the lack of information (combined with active misinformation) and the month long delay have really turned me off XoticPC. Wouldn't recommend if this is standard.

Update: My machine shipped the day after they told me it would, but arrived 5 days later in good condition. Very satisfied with the product. Matthew from XoticPC also reached out to me and asked what could be done to address my complaints, but at that point the machine had been shipped already so I didn't have any requests.

Again, the customer service has been kind and tried to be helpful, but the lack of information and delay was a deal breaker for me.

This review was modified by JS9797 on July 11 2016 05:55:48 PM
Rep reply posted Jul-13-2016

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We are sorry to hear of this concern. We apologize your order was delayed by Sager. Unfortunately parts go in and out of stock frequently and we were always striving to ship machine's as soon as possible. We take feedback from our customers seriously and will use it to review our processes. We are happy to continue to work out a solution to make your experience better with XOTIC PC.”

2016-06-30

Beastly Laptop at a fair price + great Customer Support

"I had ordered a MSI GT72 Dominator-019, needing a new laptop on June 16th 2016. I looked on XoticPC first with a friend of mine, with a budget of ~1700$ We spent time looking through the selection, with only the idea of a MSI in that budget with a 17.3" screen. The layout of the site is top notch, very easy to see what each laptop option has, and you can filter your search to only include certain options. (Such as something broad like a certain brand, down to something as narrow as a certain graphics card.) Customization is just as easy, with every option laid out, you have to research the parts, but the part names can easily be google searched, so research wont take too long. Same day I ordered the Laptop, took about 1 week for the order to be processed, which makes sense with this kind of purchase, and then 1 week to be assembled and shipped. Every day they sent an e-mail with a status update so I did not have any reason to contact them about the process. When it arrived, everything was pristine and well packaged, and worked right out of the box. I had ordered it with a clean install of windows 10 on it, and they shipped it with an install disc full of device drivers as well. Took a few hours to get everything set up, but now I can play most games on the market right now with maximum graphics at 60+ fps. XoticPC is a very reliable service, and I would go through them again when I need a new computer, and I would refer anyone looking for a computer designed for work, or play."

2016-06-25

Customer Service

"Customer Service was difficult to contact and very slow with a response."

Rep reply posted Jun-28-2016

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

We appologize if you had any issues trying to contact us. In this situation we ourselves were trying to get updates from the manufacturer on your repair. We are sorry we did not respond as quickly as you would have liked. Please rest assured that we are actively working this issue with the manufacturer and will get all the issues resolved. If you have any issues or just need assistance please contact us at mangement@xoticpc.com”

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,533 merchant members.