Stores > Xotic PC

Customer service: Rating 9.12/10 9.12/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10

2016-06-22

Great Service and User friendly website

"I ordered Sager NP8678-S from them, they offer many cool options to personalize your computer and custom upgrades. I got a degree in IT, so I usually build my own gaming computer. But, they showed me they could do better job then me lol. Anyway, my only regret is, I should have purchased extra SSD and RAM from them because its cheaper than amazon and newegg. Oh well overall 5 star service"

2016-06-20

Everything you want!

"Customer service is top notch! I'm glad I found this company and had the pleasure of finding everything I needed for high tier computers. The custom ordering process is fun. Talk with the service team to make sure everything is compatible with your custom build because their custom catalog is so big I'm sure it's hard for them to keep it all completely accurate. The checkout was flawless and you can use Paypal. the team was very professional, friendly, and easy to get a hold of! They send you emails in every step of the process of your build, so you know how far along it is. Shipping through Fed-ex was good. You always have the option to pick it up from your nearest Fedex location if you won't be home when they deliver. My order came in a well packaged box with zero signs of damage."

2016-06-20

Definitely worth it!

"Just got my MSI GT72 Dominator from Xotic PC, and wow, what a laptop! This thing is just amazing, met all my expectations. It took a little long for me to receive this laptop but it was definitely worth the wait. The Xotic PC costumer service is really awesome, they contact you at every step of the purchase, since the beginning until the delivery, they really care about the costumer, and that is just amazing. The laptop came with a few tweaks done by them and also the results on benchmark tests they did too. In addition, the pre-installed windows 10 came with no bloatwares at all, which is really good. In all, a outstanding service done by Xotic PC, I am really happy with this purchase and would definitely buy from them again."

2016-06-17

Xotic PC first time order - very good results!

"I placed an order for a very high end Laptop (Sager 17.3" with i7-6700 4ghz / GTX 980 Notebook GPU, 32 GB ram, 256 GB SSD and 1TB hybrid mechanical drive). After 6 months of use, Xotic asked me to review their product and service on this sight, which I was happy to do.

Their prices were competitive and delivery times reasonable for a custom high end notebook.

I received the Notebook on time, and I placed two calls to Xotic PC to find out it's status, both of which were handled promptly and provided updates to the computers completion timeline.

The Sager Notebook is better than expected - without bloatware it is very fast, very stable and it is a pleasure to work and play with it. It's been 6 months since I received it and not a single problem so far. Even Windows 10 isn't as intrusive as I thought it might be.

Overall very pleased with the Laptop PC and with Xotic PC overall. I would use them again, possibly for a new desktop sometime soon!

This review was modified by JustSomeGuy17 on June 17 2016 11:50:30 AM

2016-06-15

XOTIC GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, OK ACTUAL SERVICE

"The website could be a bit more informative as to when actual shipment/availability dates.
I unfortunately had to wait over 6 weeks to receive a laptop, due to backordered parts. This was not communicated to me at time of purchase, so I had to find out through contacting customer support. They were quick to respond with updates afterwards though, as well as switch my shipping option to one day(for a price).

2016-06-10

meme

"Met all expectations. Came on time and was reasonably priced."

2016-06-07

Got a Laptop My Way!

"I was frustrated by the time I came across Xotic PC. I had very particular laptop specifications when I was searching for a laptop. It was to be a gaming laptop. That meant I needed a high performance graphics card if I wanted the computer to last more than a year, realistically, but I also wanted to get a very large laptop (19 inches). All of the stock laptops I came across at that size were well over budget. Even the 'specialty sites' that specifically built gaming laptops were well over my budget.

When I came across Xotic PC, I was able to take a base model and upgrade it with what I could afford. The catch was not only could I upgrade the ram, they did the graphics card, drive slots (yes, I said SLOTS, as in you could get up to 4 depending on the model!), and the wifi card. Next thing I knew, I had to figure out how to maximize the performance based on the budget I had because my options suddenly opened up in ways I never expected! (I say that because the last time I tried 'upgrading' a laptop myself...lets just say that is the reason I had to buy a new laptop.)

Now I had the difficult task of trying to decide if I wanted to get a 250GB SSD drive to start up my operating system with a 1TB HDD for storage or sacrifice it all for a 500GB SSD. Do I go for a GTX 960 or a 980? I can afford to dual the 960, so is that better than a single 980?? What kind of cooling should I get, did I even need it? Building my laptop was almost half of the fun!

The worst part was the wait. After I built and budgeted my laptop I couldn't afford express shipping. It was terrible, like a little kid who woke up at 3AM on Christmas morning but had to wait for his parents to wake up at 7AM so we could go downstairs and open presents...The wait was terrible, but worth it!

I am definitely going to use Xotic PC the next time I build my computer.

2016-05-31

Amazing service with quality work!

"So I was in need of a new gaming laptop and did some searching and came upon this gem of a website xoticpc. The site was amazing with so many options to customize the PC and even more options to upgrade the PC. I love this because you can chose to build the PC and not just by something retail and get what comes in the box. This was by far the best part of the site. I will be needing a PC soon so I will come back to this place. "

2016-05-27

Incompetence bordering on theft

"I unfortunately needed to cancel an order with Xotic PC, and did so on May 9th. I was told that I would be refunded in 3 to 5 business days, but, 14 business days later, despite three emails and three calls (all resulting in a response indicating it would be taken care of), I still don't have my money back.

Don't expect them to do anything quickly. If their build process is anything resembling their customer service, don't expect anything until they're good and ready. Obviously don't care what happens once they get your money.

Horrible experience. Should I be in the market again, I'd choose a competitor.

This review was modified by gmayland15 on May 27 2016 07:56:22 PM
Rep reply posted Jun-01-2016

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We apologize greatly for the delay in your refund. By no means was there any intent to withhold these funds. We are handling this issue internally so that this breakdown does not happen again. We have tried contacting you to try and compensate you for the delay. This was a mistake and we cannot apologize enough for it. We hope you can find the time to return our calls or emails. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we may look at these processes to improve.”

2016-05-25

Top rated products with great management service

"After expensive research online I found myself on xotic pc website . I also shopped around and found no one can beat their pricing . I ended up getting an m s I laptop with more power than I can even think of using . I haven't received the computer yet but Matt the manager has been more than willing to get the job complete and make customers happy . After a couple of issues that were resolved within a few days I am happy to see my order is on its ways . With financing possible on something I didn't think I'd ever own theses guys made it happen . "

This review was modified by Cwa8807 on May 26 2016 11:06:14 AM

2016-05-20

Really like my custom built computer

"Looked all over for a laptop that had everything I wanted, but couldn't find the one that exactly everything I wanted. Than I followed some recommendations to use XoticPC and I'm glad I did. I was able to design my ideal laptop which cost less than the others I almost "settled" for. Customer service was great and I got the laptop within the original estimated delivery time. Very happy with my new computer."

2016-05-19

Great Experience x2

"I originally ordered a gaming laptop from XoticPC prior to an eight month deployment back in 2008. After almost 7 years of use and abuse, it was time for me to upgrade to a new system. As I was going back to grad school, I wanted a system that could handle the classroom as well as my gaming needs. After shopping around and comparing prices and services, it was a no brainer for me to return to XoticPC for my purchase. They offer an unrivaled selection of laptops while providing customers with the ability to customize every aspect of their new machine.

Nearly a year later and after hundreds of hours spent using my Sager NP8651-S, I'm happy to say that this system is still going strong. I've never had any issues with this computer, nor with my last, which adds up to almost 8 years of constant up-time for my Xotic PC laptops. Every XoticPC representative I have had the pleasure of dealing with has always been incredibly professional. I highly recommend them and I look forward to purchasing another laptop from them in the future.

This review was modified by Stewmanji on May 19 2016 10:47:18 AM

2016-05-12

XOTICPC delivers less than advertised

"UPDATE: 5/24/2016
After posting this review, almost immediately, I received emails from XOTIC-PC from MATT and TANNER M.

I contacted TANNER M and after he did some research - agreed for him to remote login to my laptop and add back what software he could. This was a great idea because it saved the time and expense of mailing the laptop back and forth.

I have to say that previous to this, Eric F had done a really good job on the front lines of dealing with this situation and my demands to fix it.

As of right now I am missing ASUS ROG audio software, have questions regarding the backlit keys and when the interface for recording pops up and I click on the launch button - nothing happens.

It was agreed that I will find out the situation to these items and if not satisfied may either get a refund or replacement.

parting comments:
1 - I encourage XOTIC-PC to know everything about the items they sell A) because the people I dealt with initially had no idea what I was talking about because they didn't know the product inside and out . . .this is not a slam on XOTIC-PC and B) because the software they took out was made specifically for the ROG series of PCs and is not bloatware.
2 - taking 3 or 4 weeks to get to this point is very bad. I feel it is only because I pushed that I got the results I ended up getting. I noted people here also seemed to complain about missing functionality and just dropped it instead of seeing it through.
3 - I'm really thankful for Eric F and then Tanner M for actually helping me.

I'm changing my rating from 1 to 4 stars "Somewhat Satisfied" and will update this again.

I purchased an ASUS G752VT laptop from XOTICPC. One day after receiving it I realized something was not right. After digging, I found out XOTICPC stripped out all of the bundled ASUS utilities because - I was told - XOTICPC views them as "bloat-ware".

This bloatware runs and adjusts the sound, the keyboard, the macros, the screen, etc. Some of the items missing are the ASUS Gaming Center, Macro Key and Sonic Studio II software - all of which are advertised on the ASUS and XOTICPC sites as selling points for these laptops.

After many emails XOTICPC reluctantly agreed to take care of the problem but I have to pay for shipping and insurance of the laptop both ways - which I think is robbery. I'm currently fighting to get them to pay for the shipping and insurance because as far as I am concerned the laptop was not a finished product on arrival to my home - now 3 weeks with my new laptop sitting, not used, in a box.

This review was modified by jammalg on May 24 2016 02:17:11 PM
Rep reply posted May-18-2016

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear that you were not happy with the software being removed. We only remove the software when the customers select the remove Bloatware service. This software is easily downloadable and installed, so we are sorry if there was any miscommunication on this. We can easily remote in and do this for you whenever you would have the time. We are always wanting to assist with anything that comes up.”

2016-05-05

Dead laptop 8 months later.

"Supposedly great laptops but mine was dead (motherboard) less than a year after purchasing it. Worked decently well while I had it but the keyboard, power button, and a few other external interfaces were cheap and broke. Ended up having to get a separate keyboard and taping a tab to the power button to make it work. Expected a lot better from a "1337 kustom" kind of seller. Won't be buying again."

This review was modified by DeadboltV on May 05 2016 01:51:01 PM
Rep reply posted May-18-2016

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We are sorry that your motherboard failed. Unfortunately it is near impossible to quality check a motherboards lifespan especially with all the variables of how the machine is being used. However your machine is still under warranty and we would like to get this resolved for you as soon as possible. If any issues come up, please contact us, we will do everything within our power to get it resolved for you as quick as possible. You can always email our management team management@xoticpc.com”

2016-05-04

Decent

"Decent for gaming PCs but granted I had a shaky experience with the warranty items but that's more on the distributor then them. Prices are a little high but not completely unreasonable."

This review was modified by scottr1013 on May 05 2016 10:29:21 AM

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,565 merchant members.