Stores > Xotic PC

Customer service: Rating 8.58/10 8.58/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.58/10 6.58/10

2016-09-25

Solid speed, easy site

"I ordered a new laptop from Xotic. After spending an extensive amount of time customizing (tons of option and a very friendly UI), I placed the order. Two of the pieces were on back order, but the computer arrived only a few days after the parts arrived (as I was quoted with their arrival date before ordering). I am using the laptop now to type this and I love it."

2016-09-22

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

"There aren't enough adjectives to articulate how awesome XOTIC PC are. Hands down one of the best customer experiences I've had so far.

When purchasing it and selecting all the features I wanted, service was impeccable. The staff at XOTIC PC were friendly and very easy to approach. Very detailed and thorough, too; calling and emailing to follow up personally. The laptop also arrived in excellent condition, packaged beautifully and padded excellently. My machine itself is gorgeous and everything is lovely, hardware and software. I requested quite a bit of customisation and the staff were helpful and very clear on any issues. There was one instance where the one of the m.2 SSD components I selected wasn't compatible, so they reached out to me and we fixed the problem in no time- easy as can be.

Buying a machine from XOTIC PC is guaranteed to be excellent and I totally recommend their expertise.

This review was modified by Sxw.Wang11 on September 22 2016 01:08:04 PM

denny1514's Avatar

Virginia
2016-09-21

So far so good

"So far I've had a pleasant experience with Xotic PC in the first phases of the process. I look forward to the entire process and will do a thorough review after the entire process."

This review was modified by denny1514 on September 21 2016 03:21:50 PM

2016-09-21

Great Service and product

"I ordered ASUS GL502VM-DB71 for my Daughter's birthday and went to Xotic PC website to order a customized laptop. The website was easy to manipulate and find what I wanted. Chat option was not always available for immediate use but I got a fairly quick response to questions through email. The only thing I could not find immediately was processing time for custom items but it was possible to pay a fee to put a rush on my order which helped. The laptop arrived and was packaged extremely well. It appears to be working beautifully and my daughter is thrilled with it! Overall I am very pleased with my experience and plan to use Xotic PC in the future."

2016-09-20

Great laptop - but misconfigured

"Let me start off with the positives.
-Xotic PC was knowledgeable about the product and was always helpful when it came to technical questions relating to the product.
-Xotic PC was up front about the time it would take to get the laptop to me.
-Product was professionally packaged and shipped
-Product is working for 1 week so far. True test will be 1-3 months of hard usage.

The negatives:
-I initially configured the laptop for 32 GB of RAM of HYPERX memory and a 256 GB Samsung 950 pro
-Since the order was taking time to process I modified the order to a full 64 GB of HYPERX memory and paid for it as well
-I called several times within the processing to make sure that 64 GB would be installed and was assured several times. Even when the shipped it I noticed the invoice only stating 32 GB. They still assured me
-Got the laptop and guess what? Missing 32 GB of memory.
Now I can choose to be a unreasonable customer and ask for more than just my memory,(like another stick of NVME or send me my memory with out the charge) since I was assured SEVERAL times that they would get the configuration correct, but instead I just wanted a credit issued. Sending the laptop back to them and having them put it in just takes too much time, so at this point I just want a credit for what I don't possess. Should be simple. I received the laptop on 9/13, Called them 9/14 and sent them screenshot verification. Today is 9/20 and I have no confirmation of when the credit is going through.
This is the annoying part. They dropped the ball. I shouldn't keep calling back wondering where my money is.
My hope is that they will rectify it by this week.

I will still give them 4 stars because, I am hoping this is an issue only because they are extremely busy and with the assumption that my issue will be resolved before the end of this week.
If not I will re-update this review

The main reason I picked them is the fact that they stress test the laptop with my desired configurations before I get it in my hands. I don't want to deal with bad memory or weird overheating issues before when I get my laptop. Don't get me wrong, I know it can still happen, but you eliminate a good portions of issues when you test the physical layer thoroughly before it gets to you.

This review was modified by conders on September 20 2016 01:07:18 PM

2016-09-19

Due diligence is the name of the game

"I have purchased 2 PCs from XOTIC PC. One thing I love about them is they always give you a step by step process of where they are with each milestone; from receiving the order to assembling to parts to shipping. They keep you up to date on where they are in the process and stick to their schedule. "

This review was modified by Qbish on September 19 2016 02:54:45 PM

Great Service

"We placed an order for a laptop on 2nd Sept and the order was received on 16th as promised. The entire process of placing the order was very easy and we got regular updates on the status of our order as well as shipment. We really had no need to reach out to them for any questions as all the updates were very prompt.

A nice surprise was the Norton Shopping Guarantee that was included in the purchase at no additional cost to us.

Very good experience to date.

Great all around

"Really above and beyond what i expected. Xotic PC provides the kind of customer centered service that is rare in these days. Will definitely be buying from them again in the future!

This review was modified by icecreamslayer on September 19 2016 08:16:06 AM

2016-09-18

Paid lots of money for mediocre performance from both computer and Xotic!

"Bought an MSI laptop several months ago. Had issues with overloaded SSD right off the bat and the touchpad was way too sensitive. They got the SSD fixed by disabling the hibernate mode on the box and I'm still waiting for the touchpad resolution. Have contacted them several times(Landon is the tech) and each time I get a response that doesn't work i.e. drivers aren't current on the computer, instructions to resolve that do not exist on this software, and VERY slow responses to emails to fix this. I WOULD NOT make the purchase again. Seems to be a small boutique outfit with limited capabilities. "

This review was modified by hammertime1212 on September 18 2016 09:29:32 AM

2016-09-15

Still waiting

"So, I made my original laptop purchase on 8/30/2016. The online ordering process was great, and I enjoyed choosing my customizations online. The laptops and modifications were definitely cheaper than most other places I looked. I also liked how many options there were. The cons came after I placed my first order. I placed my order via debit card, so the payment processing should have been practically immediate. After waiting a week at Phase 0, I decided to chat with customer support for more information. It was at that time that I learned that the laptop that I purchased was no longer being sold by MSI. That part is not XoticPC's fault. The frustrating part is that it took a week for them to notify me, and that was only after I went out of my way to chat with them. Afterwards, I placed another order for an ASUS machine, solely because I couldn't afford any other MSI computers with the specs I originally wanted. I was very disappointed to have to make this switch, but not nearly as disappointed as I am with the length of time this process is taking. I was told that this would be a rush build, but as of yesterday (9/14/2016), I was finally moved to Phase 1, after a week in Phase 0. There was no change to the payment that I made on 8/30/2016, so I am really confused as to why it would take another entire week to process a payment that was made two weeks ago. I have no idea how long the rest of this process will take, but I definitely will not be purchasing another PC with XoticPC. If you want a good laptop, but don't mind waiting for it then maybe this is for you.

Update: I was contacted by the Customer Loyalty Manager, who was very kind and helpful. He helped provide me with a real status update on the order, and explained the mix up on the order. He mentioned that this would receive priority and should ship today (9/19/2016). If I had received this sort of response earlier on in the process, then I may have left a more positive review initially.

This review was modified by codi_starks on September 19 2016 08:05:41 AM

2016-09-15

Upgraded my Upgrade for Free

"I purchased a new Sager Laptop from Xotic and had a great experience. After purchasing I had a bit of buyers remorse about getting the 980 vs 1070. Well to my delight Xotic upgraded my GFX card without my asking before shipment for no additional cost. Laptop is running great.

Thanks Xotic!

2016-09-13

Great Customer Service Team; slow order processing

"I decided to make my laptop purchase on August 9th 2016 thru XOTIC PC because they were recommended to me by my brother, who had made a purchase there a few years back. The process of building a computer thru their website was a breeze, make your selections, add them to cart and you are set, I selected the Acer Predator 17 (G9-792-79VJ). I opted for the cash discount, so I had to wait for a sales representative to e-mail me wire transfer information, the total time for my order / payment to be accepted and moved to Phase 1 [Payment Processed & Inventory Gathering] was 6 days; 4 business days (August 9th-15th 2016). Unfortunately for me, I ended up waiting a total of 9 days – only to be notified my order had to be placed on “back order” and I had to contact XOTIC PC asap; so I did, my laptop was discontinued by the manufacturer. After contacting them, one of the sales members; Barry H, helped me select a different laptop so I could move forward with my order – plus, for my inconvenience and delay of my now cancelled order, he offered me a rush shipment for the new order. I went back into research mode, both Barry H of XOTIC PC and my brother helped me select a different laptop. After my new order was placed, it ended up costing a bit more then my original, so I again had to wait for my additional payment to be approved; so the new order could begin the XOTIC PC order/phasing process. As you can imagine, I was already frustrated, especially since I built the other laptop and was really excited about it; to then have to replace it for a different laptop, a more expensive one – that I didn’t pick because I wanted it, but rather because it was “the next best thing” I could afford and how much time had already gone by; my old laptop was dying on me, so I needed a new one asap so I could work. However, I can’t blame XOTIC PC for Acer discontinuing my model, what I wasn’t happy about though – was that it almost took 9 days of idle time to be told about it. Okay, so back to my new order - I decided to go with GIGABYTE P57Xv6-PC3D, this replacement machine was ordered on August 19th 2016. On August 26th 2016 my new order finally was moved into Phase 1 [Payment Processed & Inventory Gathering] – a whole week! While waiting for this phase, I grew impatient and frustrated - so I contacted XOTIC PC (eChat option) to vent about the delay, because Barry H said my order would be rushed and I felt like time was standing still… there is where I encountered a breath of fresh air; I was connected to an AWESOME, HELPFUL and DEDICATED XOTIC PC Sales team member; Danielle G. Whenever I would ask for her thru chat or phone, she made herself available and made sure to reach out to the appropriate teams to figure out why my new order was taking so long. In all, the new order took a total of 13 days to go from ordered to shipped, and another 7 days to finally arrive on September 7th 2016. My overall experience with XOTIC PC was all right; PROS: great sales team members, easy to communicate through chat, you can build a customized machine. CONS: my biggest gripe would have to be with the amount of time it takes to go through the phases, between both orders I waited over a month. Patience is a virtue lol and Danielle H really helped calm my nerves by keeping open communication. I would highly recommend people to seek her out, if you need assistance with purchasing a PC/laptop or help with a current order, she is awesome. Also, after unboxing my new laptop, I had a few questions and Matthew N was really helpful as well. The customer service is great at XOTIC PC, they just need to hire more people so machines can get out the door quicker!"

2016-09-12

Getting a laptop was easier than telling your wife that your sorry

"Xotic PC had a great selection of gaming laptops. My ownly complaint was that I was trying to fix something on my order before it shipped and tried contacting them numerous times via email, IM and phone but to no avail. After the product shipped I was contacted but it was too late. They did do a great job of keeping me up to date with the shipping information."

2016-09-11

Unwanted customization + incomplete refund + poor customer service = very bad experience

"I ordered an MSI laptop from XOTIC PC with a single customization, a solid-state drive. What I received was a laptop customized with a conspicuous 3 1/2-inch wide, multipart XOTIC PC logo. It looked awful and ruined the appearance of the otherwise clean case I was expecting. (The company website gave no warning it would modify the case.) When I complained, I was told to remove the logo myself--with a hairdryer and a sharp piece of plastic. I imagined ruining the case, or some sensitive component, and refused, then went back and forth with the company for several days, repeatedly requesting return instructions, until after 5 days I was told I was outside the return window. I had to do the math for them before they finally agreed to issue a return authorization. I eventually received partial reimbursement, but no refund for the return shipping and insurance.

I wrote to company CEO, Joshua Triplett, asking that the remainder of the purchase price, as well as the return shipping, be refunded. No response, and Mr. Triplett later claimed the company had no record of having received my letter, though I had proof of receipt signed by a company representative. Next stop was the Better Business Bureau, with whom I filed a complaint. Unfortunately, the organization served only as a middle-man, allowing me to submit further requests for a refund which the the company continued to refuse. Instead, among other things, the company made repeated offers to sell me another product and said they would certainly have taken the laptop back and removed the logo for me. (No such offer was made at the time.)

End result: I paid more than $50 for the privilege of ordering and then returning an XOTIC PC laptop. Thinking back, there were red flags along the way that should have made me reconsider my order. A few of them: The site offered a discount for cash payment, so I decided to pay by check. After placing my order, I received emails strongly recommending I use wire transfer instead (the fees for which would cancel the benefit of the cash discount), suggesting I reconsider and pay by credit card, and threatening to cancel my order if payment was not received in a timely manner. Several days after the company received my check, it cleared my bank, but the company held the funds for about a month before starting work on my laptop, saying their bank had advised them that the necessary clearing time was 21 business days. When I pointed out that the check had already cleared, they said I would have to email them a copy of the canceled check as proof. I didn't like the idea of sending account information through unencrypted email, so I declined. All told, I waited about two months from the time I placed my order until I received the laptop.

You may have better luck with XOTIC PC than I did, but before placing your order, you might want to read some of the negative reviews at ResellerRatings.com--and elsewhere--and the complaints filed against the company through the Better Business Bureau, both resolved and unresolved. I wish I had done so before placing my order. Links are below:

Update (09/18/16)
Months of back-and-forth with XOTIC PC, both directly and indirectly (through the Better Business Bureau), produced no result. However, since posting this review last week, I've received multiple emails from the company with over-the-top apologies, expressions of concern for my welfare, assurances that my feedback has improved the company, offers of help, etc. Still no refund, though.

More evidence that you might want to read the negative reviews before placing your order to be sure none of the issues others have had with the company are likely to be an issue for you.

This review was modified by FLast on September 18 2016 02:13:05 PM
Rep reply posted Sep-18-2016

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We are sorry to hear of the concern of our XOTIC PC logo on your machine which led to your return. If you can please reply to Matthew our Customer Loyalty Manager he has been trying to reach you to help with your concern. ”

2016-09-09

Good computer, (was) poor service (EDITS) (UPDATE)

"I received my computer and was great, works well, but day one started to have minor issues. After receiving computer I opened the box to find that one of the "gifts" were not there and so had to get them to send a code for that. Then about 2 months later the CPU fan died. I had prompt response from support to get it fixed/replaced. About 30 days later and many pictures sent finally got them to send a fan, but the one that came in the mail was not the correct one. So I had let the support know with pictures. After another 5 days or so was told that they will send me the correct fan. Now 56 days later still no fan and still a broken computer. This is a piss poor way to treat your customers.

UPDATE: Was just contacted by Service. Hopefully this can be fixed and once it is I will change the rating. It is just unfortunate that I have to write a bad review to get anywhere with a company.

Update 2: Just got called back should be getting fan either tomorrow or by Monday, once I do my rating shall change (changing from 1 to 3 star for this update).

Update 3: Received... The wrong fan again. Was originally mad, but looked at tracking number they gave me and noticed that this must've been the other order processed. So waiting till I receive that fan to change review from 3 stars.

Update 4: Received the correct fan... finally. Leaving at 4 stars for 2 reasons, 1st which is only half the fault of Xotic, is that I received the incorrect fan in the first place. They are a re-seller and should be able to convey the correct message to the supplier for things like this. Second, which is huge in my book, I had to write a bad review to have any service done at all. I really had high hopes for this company (being that my brother has had a computer through them for 7 years and the service at that time was amazing) but was very disappointed in the service that I had received. A total of 60 days that my computer was broken and only now have it fixed. My hope is that in the future this is remedied and that no one else has to go through the fiasco that I had to go through. I am a forgiving person so they are lucky that I was agreeable to change the review from the 1 star rating before.

During this process these companies had made me wish that I had gone with a Dell Alienware because I have never had this kind of issue with Dell service. Maybe someday I will be able to forget this error but for now I will not shop with SAGER or Xotic in the near future.

Update 5: So Matthew N. from the company is really good with follow up, making sure everything is ok. And Tanner M. got everything fixed with this error. I really like the fact that they had followed up with me.

This review was modified by RobertZerr on September 19 2016 03:33:18 PM

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,633 merchant members.