Stores > Xotic PC

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.18/10 8.18/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.73/10 8.73/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.39/10 6.39/10

2016-08-23

My laptop is a Beast, and so was my sales rep.

"I can't say enough great things about this company! They worked with me on every dumb question I had to get me the laptop I wanted and needed, which is a damn BEAST. (my unboxing is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4rVJ4-g5xE) I've had my laptop for almost a year now and it's still running like a champ. No problems, no issues, and I couldn't be happier. I know without a doubt that when it comes time to upgrade (at least 3 years from now according to my wife) I'll be emailing Mathew again with my list of specifications and know that I can trust these guys to put me in the right machine. "

2016-08-22

Poor quality service all round!

"The last 2 gaming laptops I ordered came in very poor condition, especially the first one. When I got it I had to snap a good portion of it into place, looked like someone was in a mega rush and didn't care at all. Then when I turned it on, it didn't work... apparently the graphics card was bad. So they obviously didn't test it before sending it out and that was confirmed by the manager that was helping me out with the issue. That was a $2770.00 laptop. Now you would think that this company would want to make up for its poor service and at least pay for the shipping right? Nope they absolutely refused! Even the sales manager (Who left the company) was in disbelief, he could only do so much without being over ruled. Once I sent it back it took over a month to get it back. I was assured and reassured by the manager of the tech side that builds the computers that I would be notified every step of the way and of any important changes. This guy did nothing that he said he would do, in fact I had to email and call countless times just to get the most simplest of information. They had to reorder the graphics card that would take about 2 more weeks, they never mentioned a word to me. I ended up selling the junk once I got it back just to see more issues.... The second and last gaming laptop was a little better but something in side keeps sliding all over..... so thats not good and just shows yet again what kind of place this is. I recently contacted the sales team to inquire about some of the latest products and some particular laptops that I liked. I had one that seemed really cool that asked what all I was looking for and so on, he seemed very interested in helping me out. So I took the time to say what was important and some things that I'd really like. His response was one sentence that didn't respond to anything I said! Then I contacted them again about one specific laptop, the response was "Sorry I dont know if or when we will have that in." How about trying, " Im sorry we dont seem to have that in, but here are some other options I think you might be interested in." Working in sales for this company must be an all time drag. When I first came to this company, I couldn't say enough good things about them. I was absolutely blown away with how professional and honest they were... But at some point they really let everything drop to the pits..... and thats really sad because this really was at one time an amazing company to deal with...."

This review was modified by DarthXrage on August 22 2016 10:19:01 PM

2016-08-22

Back for seconds

"I ordered a Gigabyte P34G v2 laptop a few years ago, and the experience was painless as a $1500 purchase could be. I was able to configure the laptop to my liking, making it easy for me to set up dual-boot. They were communicative throughout the entire process. When the credit card company's fraud detection went off, they were very responsive to make the purchase work.

As for the laptop itself, I was quite pleased. It was an excellent value, and worked well for software development (separate hardware trackpad buttons FTW!) and some gaming on the side. As a smaller laptop, it would get hot/loud and it doesn't have the best battery life, but it is a reasonable trade for the portability. After a while, the monitor hinges have developed some cosmetic cracks.

I'm ready for a new laptop, and I'm likely going to get another Gigabyte (Aero or Aorus) laptop through Xotic again.

2016-08-21

Thanks!

"I bought the GT72S G-219 and it works perfectly!
It was a little difficult to install Windows 7, but after updating the bios everything went smoothly!
Should've gotten the free backpack though.

2016-08-18

The best First Laptop experience Possible

"Alright, I'll admit I was disappointed and worried at first. My first order was for an XFORCE laptop, from MSI, but it was discontinued. SO I WAS OBLITERATED RIGHT IN THE HEART, my desktop died, I need a laptop for school in a few days, everything was going downhill, all I could think was it's over.... I should NEVER buy a laptop online.

I was WRONG, I called customer service they were amazing, I learned about the PURCHASE ORDER option!! Take your old order, put all that money as a credit to a new laptop order since yours is discontinued. AMAZING, BRILLIANT!!! I ordered a new laptop, a Sager Clevo with a GTX 980M, but it was on backorder.... TODAY I get an e-mail saying "The 980M models were discontinued" and my heart sank, but I read further "so Sager is going to upgrade your 980M to a GTX 1070 at no additional cost" OMG WTF BBQ!!?!?!?!?!??! I called customer service at XOTIC to confirm I didn't have to request the change and that it was already implemented. It was, and he (Travis B, amazing guy seriously) also checked on my old order's concerns just to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary, I didn't want to continue on it or anything etc completely customer driven.

So now, my first time ordering a build online with a site recommended to me by my best friend Matt, and I get two discontinuations and a free upgrade.

I think it's just because of the release of the new GPUs but I lucked out amazingly, and with the smoothness of their service (aside from MSI's lack of dealing with discontinuations with grace), I must say under normal circumstances I wouldn't even have had these issues and I would have gotten my desired laptop immediately, but thanks to luck, service and dedication I got an EPIC laptop at a HUGE discount and a FREE upgrade.

THESE PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THEIR CUSTOMER'S WANTS AND NEEDS!!!

He didn't even ask me to write this review (only saying because there's an option to check if the company asked for the review), no I asked HIM how do I review you guys the best way possible because you're amazing and he was polite and humble and said that you can review us anywhere, but ResellerRatings and GOOGLE reviews are the best looked upon.

Travis, my man, I also give you a personal review of 5/5 just for the great news and the caring attitude and attention to detail.

2016-08-12

MSI GT80 Titan order

"The total I spent on this laptop is around $5340. It is a super expansive laptop, but I say it is worth every single penny. I waited 3 months for the laptop to arrive but that is completely worth it. I would rather have a laptop that last me a LONG time than have a laptop that fails on me in a couple year or so. I also asked for a custom graphic wrap, and man, their art department really outdid themselves with the image, now I have a **** looking beast laptop.

some suggestions to make the order to process faster for future reference:
1. Have more people on credit card verification. I wasted a couple week on this step because I had trouble contacting them. They always call me at the least expected time and nobody ever picked up the phone when I called back. I had to leave a voice mail and set a time and wait for them to call and finally got myself verified. I think more people in the verification department will improve this step, this way, customers will always have someone to verify their order with.

2. XoticPC have their own line of hardware. I waited at least a month in the first phase because some parts for my laptop got delayed. If XoticPC makes their own hardware (SSD, RAM etc), customers have the choice to choose between other manufacturers and XoticPC for all the hardwares for their orders. This will definitely boost the speed of the order.

That's it for my review, written on MSI Titan! :)

2016-08-12

Great PCs AMAZING CUSTOMER SUPPORT

"From the time I ordered my laptop from Xotic PC, I have been calling to see how things were going with my order. Each and every time I got a friendly voice and a precise answer from the support line. Yesterday I received my computer and any questions I have asked about setting it up have been easily answered by their knowledgeable customer support staff (Shout out to Travis for helping me with my Raid 0 setup). I am very happy with my purchase and will definitely be coming back for more computers in the future. "

2016-08-09

Awesome place, best service, cheapest price

"The most thing about XoticPC is how they treat the customers. I never had an issue communicating my concerns or problems to them and always got a swift reply for every problem. They take care of their customer.
The laptop price is the cheapest possible, with occasional benefits ( got ton of extra stuff with my laptop - bag, headphone,..etc ).
Overall, its the best place to buy gaming laptops online.

2016-08-08

This is the place to buy your gaming war machine

"I have bought a Sager from Xotic PC almost about 3 Years ago , Guess what , I am typing this review using that same Gaming machine, I never had a gaming laptop that lasted with me more than 1 to 1.5 years before, Note : I am a heavy Gamer ("battle field , evolve , league of legends , world of tanks , OverWatch , crisis ...etc") , I think the secret lies with the laptop's powerful cooling system, they have yet improved on the new models!!!!

Also the care Xotic PC puts in each of their builds.

The computer arrived earlier than expected in double box packaging without a single scratch, I also could not find a another website that offers better prices than Xotic PC.

I encourage customers to chat with the sales department , they will always recommend the best deals. I really like how honest they are.

I would love to see a video for each of their products (Yes they make videos for some of the computers and laptop they have , very detailed videos covering every aspect of the machine). this really helps us customers learn more about the products and make a wiser choice. Please make more of these :).

The one downside about Xotic PC is their payment options. I don't live in the united states and the only option for me is to wire transfer the money , which is not always as convenient as just paying with a credit card or through paypall and similar services.

However I am still going to rate Xotic PC 5 stars as they deserve it.

This review was modified by MohammadMustafa on August 16 2016 12:27:39 PM

2016-08-06

"I bought my computer February and so far it has proved reliable and fast. The website was very easy to use and, if I remember correctly, my computer arrived one day earlier then expected. I haven't had any issues with my computer.

I plan on buying from XOTIC PC in the future should I need another computer.

2016-08-05

Your outfitter of choice before going on a shadow run!

"Just bought my second notebook from xotic pc, a Msi gt80s. I find xotic pc has the best range of services and upgrades at the price, and the best lowest cost upgrade options. Warranty issues are hassle free (had used the dead pixel warranty on the sager I bought through them). Due to the testing and upgrading available, be prepared to wait a few weeks on shipment but they also have rush build and shipping options available if you have to have it fast! Will in the future both be upgrading my current laptop and eventually buying a third through them."

This review was modified by NeedaGLOCK on August 05 2016 03:29:53 PM

2016-08-02

DOA Unit and RMA Issues.

"I had been gifted an MSI Ghost Pro 4k 238 via the companies listings on Amazon by my cousin. It came DOA unable to power on. They had me open it and check the battery connections. I got it to power on once and then revert to not powering on again. We discussed a refund and decided to work with them to do a 1 for 1 exchange for the same product. I paid 62 dollars to send it back in 2 days with AM delivery to try to help expedite the process. I waited for them to diagnose the issue before allowing me to continue to setup the exchange RMA order placement. I was told by their support that in order to do it properly I would need to place the order for the replacement via their website. Of course, the original model I ordered was not in stock. So after some deliberation we decided to go with the 4k-053 model which had a glossy screen and from what I was told by them just a slightly slower SSD. Then I waited several days. I checked with anticipation the order status on their website and it kept stating it was "Pending" according to their very own FAQ it should have been processed. 5 days later my cousin gets a message from Amazon saying the full amount for the original order was being refunded. This comes after days of emails asking about he status and if there was anything else we needed to do. I was told by Landon Young everything looked good. Come to find out, their Amazon and Website are not "married". So in order to actually get the replacement going we would have to wait for the funds to refund and then place the new order via the website. At this point we cancelled our order. They never discussed that with us...we could have started processing the refund via amazon WEEKS ago. But they wait till 5 days after submitting the replacement order to even inform me that we had to do it this way...that's after my cousin got the surprise message saying a full refund was on the way and I called them for clarification. I will personally never go with XOTIC PC again.

The Manager Matt did call and apologize, admitted they dropped the ball, sent me an email explaining they have now updated their RMA Amazon returns to include all the pertinent information that was missing. So at the very least they are taking the feedback and running with it. He also was attempting to give some incentives, make some quick shipping promises and look into hooking me up with some deals. I appreciated that and give them 1 star just for Matt calling me. But I was not comfortable continuing this process with them. Once my trust and confidence in them was gone there is no coming back from that.

*EDIT*
I have bumped this up to 3 stars from my original 1 star. This due to Matt with Xotic PC being persistent and trying to find a way to make it right. He was understanding and listened to my feedback. Although I was not interested in further business with them at this time he did go out of his way to send me some product to cover my loss on the expedited shipping I had paid for. What they sent more then covered my losses. I wont go into details about the items themselves but needless to say, their apology is now fully accepted and I can move on. If you ever have any issues with them, get with Matthew N. He knows how to make things right.

This review was modified by MadToLive25 on August 04 2016 01:27:37 PM
Rep reply posted Aug-02-2016

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear of this issue with your return. As you have stated there was a miss-understanding with the Customer Loyalty Representative that assumed we could transfer funds from our Amazon Order to a XOTIC PC Website Order. We have since corrected this from the customers feedback to improve our process so this issues does not happen again. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience. As Matthew our Customer Loyalty Manager pointed out we own up to this miscommunication and want to make it right with you. We would humbled at the opportunity to earn your trust back. We strive very hard to offer excellent customer service. In this case we didn’t meet your or our own expectations. ”

2016-07-29

Poor communication

"I have bought from Xotic 2 laptops, I am quite satisfied with my choices and happy at the way they handle things. One of my orders is an ASUS G751-JT and the other is a sager NP5653. I have not received my orders yet but i like the updates which i have received regarding my ASUS, however I am quite disappointed with the poor communication ASUS has with Sager.

I have ordered both my laptops together and my ASUS entered phase 1 on Aug, 4 2016, I assumed that day that the sager would take a week at the most to be shipped since all i upgraded in it was the copper cooling while i had upgraded in the ASUS the SSD, copper cooling and wanted etching on it as well. Its Aug 14 now and my ASUS has already been etched and built and i discovered yesterday that the Sager is out of stock and will only enter the production line in Aug 16.

Assuming that the Sager will actually get started on in Aug 16 means it won't be till early September until i receive it according to the customer rep. I do not blame Xotic much for the poor communication between them and Sager but I still blame them because i have noticed from negative reviews that usually the complaints are due to sager products. I am not looking for any free items or apologizes, I would just appreciate it if Xotic fixes their communication with sager and gets my order within the time limit. I am not concerned much about my ASUS since my studies begin in mid sept but the Sager was for my mother who needs it for her business which should start with the schools opening, and at this rate i am quite worried she wont get it in time.

**Update**

Mathew contacted me quite faster that i expected and he seems to really want to resolve the issue. I hope he gets the sager moved along.

**Update**

Seems like Mathew kept his promise and the sager has been rushed along as promised, so i raised from original 2 to 4 stars, will raise up to 5 if i get the laptop within August as originally promised.

This review was modified by asmaakasem on August 18 2016 08:42:34 AM

2016-07-25

Great products at a great price

"Xotic PC is the most affordable custom laptop and desktop seller. I would recommend that you buy a computer during a promotional period like black Friday, holiday season, or back to school. You could get some pretty good things along with your computer and save some money.

The shipping was with FedEx and you do have to sigh when you get the package. I like that you have to sigh because you do not want anyone taking your high end system. The shipping was also pretty fast.

Customer service was pretty good. When I contacted support it was during the holiday season so it was a little slow but at least they responded within a day. I am sure that they will respond faster when it is not a busy season.

Overall I would recommend Xotic PC because they make really good systems at a great price. They have a wide variety of laptops and desktops to choose from so you will find one that you will like.

2016-07-19

Good Deal, Good Service

"I was in the market for a new gaming ultrabook. Xotic had the best deal of anyone, and they did customization of the order on the cheap. I paid around $90 for an ssd, already installed with the OS loaded on it. The part alone would have cost upwards of a hundred anywhere else, and I would have had to do the installation myself.
Service was quick and they made sure to keep me up-to-date on the status of my system. They did a full suite of benchmarks so I could be sure my system was in perfect shape when I got it.
My PC was supposed to come with a code for Tom Clancy's The Division, but it didn't. My tech support request, start to finish, was completed in around 36 hours, which I was more than satisfied with. Everyone at the company I've interacted with has been super friendly and personable, which goes a long way in my book.
My only complaints about xotic are that they put a giant ugly sticker on the laptop's bezel (scraped off shortly) and the screws on the bottom of the pc were *very* slightly loose from them inserting the ssd (fixed in five seconds with a phillip's head).
Overall, quite happy. The biggest reason I chose the service was that they did stress testing, and that was important to me since I didn't trust the brand of the pc I was buying (turned out to be totally stable).

This review was modified by gencurtlane on July 19 2016 10:08:33 PM

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,514 merchant members.