Stores > Xotic PC

Customer service: Rating 9.35/10 9.35/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.56/10 8.56/10
2017-02-21

Coming back for 2 more this week

"The service was great , 2 day delivery, free game downloads... quick resolve of minor issue with the customer service. good enough that im calling for 2 buiseness builds this week..."

This review was modified by markduchi on February 23 2017 03:00:01 AM

2017-02-18

Beastly gaming laptop

"My experience with Xotic PC has been generally positive.

I was able to select from a wealth of options ranging from specific hardware and peripherals to which OS version and bundled software I wanted included with my machine.

I'm a veteran gamer, and stress tested my new machine quite hard and have to say I'm very impressed with its heat dissipation capability, and its ability to run a very hard, stable overclock. The hardware performs well above expectations, and the machine came with no bloatware, and came with just a couple utility programs I actually am using (overclocking software and monitor/display management software).

The machine itself is magnificent and performs even in excess of my rather high expectations.

I did have one small issue that's practically trivial. When I placed my order, I declined to create an account. At the time of this review, there is no way to track your order on Xotic PC's website without creating an account prior to placing your order (i.e. if you create an account after the fact, like I did, you still are unable to track your order). Although I'm sure I could have called Xotic PC by phone to get any details if I had been so inclined, it still would have been nice to be able to track my shipment without an account. So the machine arrived at my doorstep when I wasn't expecting it. A pleasant surprise, but a surprise nonetheless.

Overall the experience deserves five stars, as the machine itself is disgustingly powerful, able to play the most recent and demanding games at maximum detail in 4k at 50+ FPS before overclocking.

And in full disclosure, I did complete this review as a request by Danielle, a representative who contacted me by email once my product had arrived. After 2 nights of brutal testing of the machine, I was so impressed I felt Xotic PC deserved my recommendation.

This review was modified by drew9946 on February 21 2017 12:30:09 AM

2017-02-17

Great Service

"I loved XoticPC service since the day I ordered my laptop, they oriented me between each phases.
Their support community were very thoughtful, courteous and patient.
Even though english isnt my main language and they have had troubles at trying to understand me, they did their best and Im very grateful with it.
I am very happy to say that I have never seen such a gratefull community, they are very hard-working people and I feel myself glad to meet such a nice people.

This review was modified by .Antonio. on February 21 2017 12:15:11 AM

2017-02-17

Best Support, Best Price and Emily What A Great Adviser

"Needed a new machine to replace a 4 year old machine with a hard drive that was beyond its useful life cycle. By chance and luck found this company and Emily helped me with a few questions I had and then I was able to build my dream machine at half the cost of what others wanted. Working with large batches of photos in Photo Mechanic and LR has never been easier or faster. Saving about 2.5 hours per project now. If you need a machine but need help figuring out what you need ask for Emily and start spending less time on the machine and more time out in the field having fun."

This review was modified by davetv13 on February 21 2017 12:15:10 AM

2017-02-16

Z170 Classified

"Great motherboard buy! I got it for a steal price. It came in pristine condition and worked right away. Love it. Danielle forwarded me to the site. I don't mind leaving a review because I've bought lots of things from Xotic PC and was happy every time."

This review was modified by wirelessnet2 on February 21 2017 12:00:25 AM

2017-02-16

Its so easy!

"I love xotic pc. I always buy from the company's website like lenovo's official website. This is the first time I used a reseller. I am pleased with the experience. I would definitely recommend these guys.
I talked to customer support on the website before buying, they were wonderful too.
For a ~$1500 machine I would have preferred to get something better than free ground shipping, that's my only gripe.
*Emily from Xotic's Customer Loyalty Team asked me write this review after my purchase. (I am more than happy to recommend these guys where ever I can)

This review was modified by vaibhav-sharma on February 21 2017 12:00:22 AM

2017-02-13

I think this Msi GT73 6re will take us to mars!

"I got one of the newer Msi GT73vr 6re early Nov? Played around n got used to it. I was finding out some games played fine others immediate crash with black verticle lines and had other strange things happening. It once turned on immediate bsod. So I had my bootable flash drive to get in. By now I was in contact w xotic pc (got off amazon) and the gentleman who was helping me was named Barry. I'm the kind of person who panics and sends email after email about this or that. We ended up in the mid 80s. He did a remote session where he took control of my pc and saw the same things I did. There was an issue with the gpu so he contacted Msi and set up an Rma. I sent it off (so scared as this was the best pc I've ever owned). I had it back in my hands within no more than 8 days. I could not believe how fast it was. From what I've read online nvidia switched a cetain (name I never heard( chip with a Samsung chip they it seems did not get along together so they flashed a bios to the vram and mobo. I got it back and have had not 1 single issue at all! I'm very pleased all around. Xoticpc had no fault in this neither did Msi. It was something that couldn't be detected because the benchmark they use ran fine with other chip. Like I said some ran fine others super crash. But I especially thank Barry for the countless emails and pestering I was doing. He handled it like a pro and never made me feel dumb or less than. I thank you for that sir. Great company who cares. Would definitely buy from them again!"

This review was modified by brendendietterich on February 15 2017 03:00:02 PM

2017-02-12

Stop!!! Stop!!!Stop!!! DON'T BUY any item from Xotic pc

"To all over the World Stop!!!! Stop!!! Stop!!! DO NOT BUY from Dishonest and Fake Seller the XoticPC , if you buy , wasting your time , The item you purchased and paid will NOT get it , you will have to despute to Crefut Card to get money your refund other they will not ....Just Stay away from Xotic PC and share to others to. Be aware ."

This review was modified by zeriettecle on February 16 2017 11:32:24 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-16-2017

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“We regret that this customer placed an order for a machine that was on pre-order status and not marked as such on our website. Refunds can take 3-5 business days and this customer was refunded in 4 days but opened a dispute 2 days after asking for a refund. We have corrected this issue on our website and provided the customer with a full refund as requested. ”

2017-02-09

Got what I came for...

"Looked for the best deal on a Sager/Clevo with the i7-7700K and at least a 3K screen. Pricing was the same as the SagerNotebook site but I had purchased from Xotic before so decided to use them again.

Laptop received and working to install a new NVMe drive and transfer the OS now. So far nothing but good things to say. Sager forgot to include the game bundle code, was handled quickly and easily by Matthew N. over the online chat.

Would recomment

This review was modified by Rugarre on February 14 2017 12:00:19 AM

2017-02-07

Overall great

"thanks xotic PC especially "Emily" for helping me out and answering my question responsive, and my product came in so early, fast shipping and thanks to "Barry" to giving my free bundle."

This review was modified by arjayvarious on February 09 2017 03:15:01 PM

The standard

"I had what seemed to be a pretty standard dealing with Xotic. I wasn't a fan of the way the build/customize webpage was set up, just a tad confusing layout. Would like to see when you select an option that nulls the possibility of others, then those options are greyed-out and unable to be selected. After browsing some other laptop customization websites, it seems only one had a well laid out customization page (E*****m)

I was happy with how much they had available though, again, the previously mentioned company (E*****m) had more available, albeit the prices were slightly higher after I built an identical machine on their website.

This company is closed on the weekends, so to maximize my time/money for a rush build, I should have ordered on a Monday rather than a Friday night. I didn't select any crazy custom options like paint or skins so after the machine left Sager, it went through Xotic's place fairly quickly for the final ship. I ordered on January 12th with rush build/ship and my package arrived at my APO forwarding address Feb. 6th. I'm not upset about the time because I am expecting a quality machine to arrive.

I was in contact with Jake M for the majority of the build process, I asked him a few questions and he usually responded in a fair/acceptable amount of time. I inquired about the BIOS version because I was concerned about being able to control voltage of the processor to alleviate any heat issues that might arise. Jake got me the BIOS version. No question went unanswered.

I have not received the laptop just yet as I am at an APO and I use a forwarding address to repackage and insure anything expensive I order. I will attempt to come back to update this review when I test the quality of the machine. Hoping for the best!

Thanks Jake and Xotic!

This review was modified by dangerhaggard on February 08 2017 11:15:06 AM

2017-02-06

2nd time, will always support a US based company that ROCKS!!!!

"My first laptop ordered 6 years ago is still running strong. Never had an issue. Just ordered its replacement and I am sure I will be impressed as I was last time. Thank you Danielle for the awesome support :-) Not only do they have rock solid systems at great prices, they also don't want you to buy more computer than you need. Not pushy. A+ all the way!!!!"

This review was modified by stanggt on February 08 2017 11:15:06 AM

Excellent Customer Service!

"Now the only thing I can really comment on is XoticPC's customer service as they simply are a re-seller for the product I purchased. I primarily purchased from them instead of Sager directly due to the extended warranty offered through XoticPC. I was extremely impressed with the service XoticPC provided as I was one of those pain in the **** customers with lots of random issues and questions. They were super helpful in modifying my order after the fact, providing me with a modified invoice for my bank, and really help speed up the process of getting useful information from Sager.

Through email correspondence, response times were very quick on weekdays during business hours; while I did receive emails from them on a few Sundays, I would say don't expect much to get done over the weekend. Everyone I talked to was super friendly and helpful. Phone calls to XoticPC were much the same with the Sales and Support teams both being very friendly and as helpful as they could be. I had several questions that I guess they simply hadn't run into before to which they looked into it every time. I was never given an "I don't know" with no effort to investigate. They always were as helpful as they could be to get to a working solution. I did end up having to make one direct inquiry with Sager about the specific technical details on the screen's color space on the machine I purchased, but otherwise XoticPC was able to help me with everything else.

Regarding my price rating, XoticPC is very low priced for what they are selling. But, as I purchased a resold product from them, obviously they have to make something off of it. So, it was more expensive than purchasing directly from Sager. However, I think their service and support was worth the difference.

I do not have a shipping rating for XoticPC as the product was shipped directly to me from Sager. I have also not had to return any product to XoticPC. Danielle from XoticPC Customer Loyalty reached out to me very early on in the process introducing me to resellerratings.com and inquired for a review.

This review was modified by Lex112278 on February 08 2017 08:45:06 AM

2017-02-04

Worst experience ever and then they made it worse

"First they sold us a lemon computer, then they did nothing to fix the $1500 lemon they sold us, first the recovery disk haphazardly placed in the box unpacked, came scratched. Then the Bluetooth went out, unfixable per recovery or driver disks, then the wireless went out unfixable per recovery or driver disk. Lemon, lemon, lemon and no one to help $1500 wasted, save your money find a better site.

Update: one person contacted me and after much back and forth offered me one solution, not 'many' one, and then they threatened me and said 'well you agreed to our terms and conditions when you bought the computer' I NEVER AGREED TO BUY A DEFECTIVE COMPUTER. But yeah its totally reasonable to ask someone to assume the burden of sending in the computer with a $30 to $50 shipping fee, assume all liability for damage in transit, ask them to wait 4 weeks to figure out what's wrong and then send it back, when YOU sent me a defective product in the first place. Take responsibility for the crap you re-sell. Horrible experience, never again, never ever again. this is my THIRD computer from the by the way, and the only time I have an issue they screw it up, epically. Not a repeat customer after this.

Bull, that passive aggressive prejudice towards women manager offered me one solution and then asked to contact my husband so he could walk him through the card process AFTER they had looked at it, meaning I was to send it in and after they sent it back they might send me a card and walk my husband through it...and I can post the emails where your manager passive aggressively tried to "school" me on what a lemon is, don't treat me like a child I might be a woman but I can install a card. But this is certainly enlightening, I wasn't aware I was offered expedited RMA. But oh goody it will only take 2 weeks instead of 4, how about not sending me crap in the first place and doing better with quality control, but I guess all the for profit companies look to cut corners in some places.

This review was modified by Hilliark on February 22 2017 01:12:02 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-07-2017

A rep from Xotic PC, xoticpc, has responded

“First of all we want to thank you for your business and we are sorry for any issues you are experiencing. Our goal is total customer satisfaction and I assure you that we can help resolve the issues you are having. Our customer loyalty Manager has been trying to get in touch with you to resolve your issues or you can always email us at management@xoticpc.com as well. We look forward to hearing from you and resolve this matter. Thank you.

UPDATE: We have tried to help this customer resolve the issue and offered many different solutions to help. Including waiving the shipping fees and expediting the RMA process so one of our techs could fix the issue as quickly as possible or to send replacement parts and walk the customer through how to install them. The customer stated both of those options were unacceptable.

We place a timeframe on all RMA repairs due to the fact that troubleshooting can take some time on more difficult issues, however if all that was needed to be replaced was the wifi/bluetooth card, we would have had that done in a few hours. All of our machines go through a rigorous QA process, however with any electronics, parts can fail. We find it unfortunate we were not allowed to help, but the offer still stands.”

2017-02-01

Slow process, but great customer care team

"Ok... so let me preface this with that I wasn't satisfied with the order time but overall am satisfied with Xotic.

I decided to finance the order. GetFinancing went through in 1 day and sent confirmation to Xotic that same day (what's known as "Green" in their system). They said according to their agreement, once green is given, then the reseller has to begin the order. This didn't happen and Xotic wouldn't begin until after the funds were literally in their account. Now, the only reason this could be is that they don't have the product on hand and don't have the funds to purchase it outright OR they have a really bad system in place for handling financing. I wasn't satisfied with the answer of "You could still cancel...". Yes, I could, whether you have the money or not. But it's not a satisfactory answer. You should begin once your financing partner (read the keyword "PARTNER" as in a business you work with and trust) says they have sent the money. I am still, even after receiving some excellent customer service, not happy about that part.

Now onto the great part which is something that I feel makes a big difference between some retailers and others. Their customer care team did at least try their best to do great by me. They were always nice on the phone (I was irate, but not yelling at them over the financing part). They did their best to be good to me after purchasing a $2,000 system. And they really did sound like they cared about keeping my business.

I also had checked off a promotion but it stated that I need to mention it in the comments for it as well. Post delivery, I realized my mistake and emily.m@xoticpc.com was EPIC in getting that promo over to me. She really is, as she put it, "that awesome". It seems like a small thing, but there are a lot of places that will be like "Yea, sorry, but you're outta luck here." She went the extra mile there and made sure I got my promo.

Let me say that I have been playing some of the newer Doom game on this beast, btw, and it rocks. Totally maxed out, never skips a beat and is always above 60fps. I have gsync on, so it locks the framerate, but its worth it.

Overall, I will most likely order again. Before I place my order, I will inquire if they fixed the issue with financing as I prefer to finance vs be out 2 grand in one shot.

This review was modified by melendez_stevenk on February 03 2017 10:15:01 AM

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,446 merchant members.