Stores > Xootr

Product & services pricing Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10

"I had a problem with my handlebar that broke, I emailed support and they offered to send me a new one as a loaner while they fixed the handlebar. Although not ideal that it broke the service was great. I ride it every day 4 miles total. "

This review was modified by psx637 on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

"I've ordered a Green Xootr Neon Mg directly from Xootr. It arrived last week. In my ordering process either I made a mistake or website had a bug (I think it was a bug), but when I saw a confirmation email the color was orange and not green. I wanted green, so I've sent email to Xootr and they were very nice to send me the color I wanted. I really appreciated that. Scooter came on time as promised in good order. So I am very happy with the seller.

Scooter looks really great. Paint job and finish are of a superior quality - real eye catcher. Wide, long and low sitting platform is making the ride quite smooth. In my family of four we all have a scooter (each of a different make: Razor A5, Micro Flex Blue and another one less known brand). Xootr was for my wife. She really enjoyed the ride and made us quite jealous.

Although not all things were superior in Xootr. Inspite of two breaks on Xootr my Mico Flex breaks a lot more efficiently. Ride is also a bit smoother in Micro Flex because of the flex board. Nethertheless long, low, wide and steady board on Xootr makes the ride very pleasant and addictive. You can feel how solid that thing is. Magnesium board! It's an aviation material. Makes me feel I've got a real high tech stuff. And hand break makes things even more natural when you ride it. Very seductive ride.

If scooters were cars then Xootr would be a Mercedes, Micro Flex would be a Lexus and Razor A5 would be a Honda (I've had all these cars so I know what I am talking about).

"I admit, I got my Xootr used at a garage sale from a fairly wealthy family. Their oldest son had just left for college, and he felt he had "outgrown" it. Since I'm 55, I knew immediately that kid was going to have miserable life. But I paid $35 measly bucks and got the best ride ever.

I work at a driving range (read: Automobile driving range) which covers 40 acres of property. Sometimes I need to get from one end of the range to the other, FAST! I run and stay in shape, but this is the only way to get where I need to be FASTER! Other coaches at the range have their own little Razors and "mountainboard" type scooters, but my Xootr is not only fast, but smooth, turns precisely, and perfectly balanced. It outperforms any scooter I've come across. It's the Ferrari of scooters!

Last year, I used my Xootr on a city-wide festival event to promote the use of two-wheels throughout the city. Modeled after "the Amazing Race," I used my Xootr to get me around to about 15 miles of the city. Other contestants and teams used bicycles. My team didn't win, but we were given a special award for the most unique use of two-wheels. Not as fast as bicycles, but certainly road worthy and got the job done in style! I see my Xootr as a true form of transportation.

"I bought an MG Xootr years ago, after having seen a couple while in NYC. When I needed to get around my home city of Boston in a flash, I knew the Xootr was JUST the thing... and it has been a great thing to have around for heading out for coffee, down to the local shops, etc...
When I met my wife to be, her son (7 years old) adopted my Xootr as his own, dropping his small-wheel scooter immediately. As he said, "There's really no comparison!" We are now a two-Xoot family, with the addition of a Roma to the mix. We Xootr to playground, to the beach, down to the shops for breakfast, etc...
They aren't Razors. They aren't cheap (in any way, from build quality to price). They have room for feet. They don't trip over a pebble. They are real transportation... fast, smooth, float over bumps in the road... a better scoot, with size and appeal for an adult, but totally great for littler ones as well... Really... You should get one. Or more.

"I first saw the Xootr scooter in a 1999 Popular Science Magazine featuring, "the greatest inventions for the next millennium." I thought the Xootr would be a perfect companion for me in my layover off time as an airline pilot. I've put thousands of miles on my Xootr; now on my third set of wheels. I've Xootr'd everywhere from Buenos Aires, to Tokyo, to Paris, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan, Honolulu, and at nearly every major domestic US city. I have to get over the fact I'm an overweight middle-aged man rooting around on a "scooter". But thus far...no one has recognized me ; ). It gives me the biggest smile riding it, bringing contagious smiles to those observing how much fun I'm having. Ride On Xootr!!"

"I've owned my Xootr Swift for almost a year and count it as one of my best purchases of 2014. I live in Manhattan, own two other non-folding bikes, and regularly commute by bike. I'm 6' and 240 lbs. I chose the Xootr Swift because it's the only folding bike I'm aware of that can safely accommodate heavier riders. The Swift's compact size allows for easy storage in my apartment and at work. I've had to bring it on the subway on the odd occasion (but never at peak hours!) and it's definitely less conspicuous than a regular bike. Also light enough to carry up and down stairs with ease. Regarding how it rides: You're not as high from the ground as on a regular bike due to the smaller wheels BUT how you sit/fit on the Xootr Swift is pretty much the same as on any other bike because of its geometry. The frame is solid, without any flex, and the ride is smooth and zippy. Yes, it is absolutely true that you can go as fast or faster than other bikes without peddling any harder. Hills also feel the same as on other bikes -- one of my regular routes involves going up the East Drive in Central Park and several long inclines in Washington Heights/Inwood. Hopefully this is enough information to help determine is this is the bike for you!"

This review was modified by pauldub on January 11 2015 10:59:31 AM

"I now have two Xootrs at my office -- big warehouse, these are useful for zipping from one end to the other. The first has lasted great and still in heavy use. The second just came, and again is a super smooth ride. Love these things."

"The Xootr is an excellent product, absolutely everything that was promised. The service from the company has been fantastic! My order shipped the same day as I placed the order. And I actually received a follow-up email to ensure my satisfaction with the Xootr. You don't get that from many other online resellers. Great job and great product!"

"Love Steve! Such good customer service."

"I really love my new scooter! I've been riding for several days now and I have no complaints. It is sturdy, folds easily, and I love the color options I selected for the foot board and handle bars. Well done Xootr!"

"Best idea since sliced cheese"

"I needed a stronger rear wheel for my "other-name" folding bicycle, and the Swift's reputation made it an easy buy (and the low price!). I was really amazed at the fast delivery. "

"Bulletproof scooter. Used daily in Manhattan."

"I am a 220 pound guy over 60 who knows he can't skate board in urban environments and was looking for a way to get around safely. I actually saw a guy in SF get off the ferry and go scootering away to work so I researched various models and decided on the Xootr Street. I receive it yesterday and have been motoring around and it is everything they said it would be. Well built, easy to maneuver, easy to pack and is exactly what I was looking for. Xootr was quick to fill my order and free shipping took 1 week (I live on the West Coast). This product is well worth the money and will be taking it to New York City next month. Thanks Xootr"

"Xootr by far has proven the best mode of transportation EVER! I have tooled around NYC with my kids, raced down the hill to their elementary school, and used it to make my way around a busy studio lot. I have loved my sturdy Xootr (built for an adult) so much I bought them as Christmas presents for the kids on my ABC sitcom Trophy Wife. They easily fold up for travel, they are bright, beautiful, fun and reliable! LOVE MY XOOTR"

Share Xootr's store rating

Xootr is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Xootr is not a merchant member
Xootr does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!