• Xootr Xootr Elite Status

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2015-07-25

"I admit, I got my Xootr used at a garage sale from a fairly wealthy family. Their oldest son had just left for college, and he felt he had "outgrown" it. Since I'm 55, I knew immediately that kid was going to have miserable life. But I paid $35 measly bucks and got the best ride ever.

I work at a driving range (read: Automobile driving range) which covers 40 acres of property. Sometimes I need to get from one end of the range to the other, FAST! I run and stay in shape, but this is the only way to get where I need to be FASTER! Other coaches at the range have their own little Razors and "mountainboard" type scooters, but my Xootr is not only fast, but smooth, turns precisely, and perfectly balanced. It outperforms any scooter I've come across. It's the Ferrari of scooters!

Last year, I used my Xootr on a city-wide festival event to promote the use of two-wheels throughout the city. Modeled after "the Amazing Race," I used my Xootr to get me around to about 15 miles of the city. Other contestants and teams used bicycles. My team didn't win, but we were given a special award for the most unique use of two-wheels. Not as fast as bicycles, but certainly road worthy and got the job done in style! I see my Xootr as a true form of transportation."

2015-07-24

"I bought an MG Xootr years ago, after having seen a couple while in NYC. When I needed to get around my home city of Boston in a flash, I knew the Xootr was JUST the thing... and it has been a great thing to have around for heading out for coffee, down to the local shops, etc...
When I met my wife to be, her son (7 years old) adopted my Xootr as his own, dropping his small-wheel scooter immediately. As he said, "There's really no comparison!" We are now a two-Xoot family, with the addition of a Roma to the mix. We Xootr to playground, to the beach, down to the shops for breakfast, etc...
They aren't Razors. They aren't cheap (in any way, from build quality to price). They have room for feet. They don't trip over a pebble. They are real transportation... fast, smooth, float over bumps in the road... a better scoot, with size and appeal for an adult, but totally great for littler ones as well... Really... You should get one. Or more."

2015-07-23

"I first saw the Xootr scooter in a 1999 Popular Science Magazine featuring, "the greatest inventions for the next millennium." I thought the Xootr would be a perfect companion for me in my layover off time as an airline pilot. I've put thousands of miles on my Xootr; now on my third set of wheels. I've Xootr'd everywhere from Buenos Aires, to Tokyo, to Paris, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan, Honolulu, and at nearly every major domestic US city. I have to get over the fact I'm an overweight middle-aged man rooting around on a "scooter". But thus far...no one has recognized me ; ). It gives me the biggest smile riding it, bringing contagious smiles to those observing how much fun I'm having. Ride On Xootr!!"

2015-01-11

"I've owned my Xootr Swift for almost a year and count it as one of my best purchases of 2014. I live in Manhattan, own two other non-folding bikes, and regularly commute by bike. I'm 6' and 240 lbs. I chose the Xootr Swift because it's the only folding bike I'm aware of that can safely accommodate heavier riders. The Swift's compact size allows for easy storage in my apartment and at work. I've had to bring it on the subway on the odd occasion (but never at peak hours!) and it's definitely less conspicuous than a regular bike. Also light enough to carry up and down stairs with ease. Regarding how it rides: You're not as high from the ground as on a regular bike due to the smaller wheels BUT how you sit/fit on the Xootr Swift is pretty much the same as on any other bike because of its geometry. The frame is solid, without any flex, and the ride is smooth and zippy. Yes, it is absolutely true that you can go as fast or faster than other bikes without peddling any harder. Hills also feel the same as on other bikes -- one of my regular routes involves going up the East Drive in Central Park and several long inclines in Washington Heights/Inwood. Hopefully this is enough information to help determine is this is the bike for you!"

This review was modified by pauldub on January 11 2015 10:59:31 AM

2014-04-21

"I now have two Xootrs at my office -- big warehouse, these are useful for zipping from one end to the other. The first has lasted great and still in heavy use. The second just came, and again is a super smooth ride. Love these things."

2014-04-18

"The Xootr is an excellent product, absolutely everything that was promised. The service from the company has been fantastic! My order shipped the same day as I placed the order. And I actually received a follow-up email to ensure my satisfaction with the Xootr. You don't get that from many other online resellers. Great job and great product!"

2014-04-17

"Love Steve! Such good customer service."

2014-04-16

"I really love my new scooter! I've been riding for several days now and I have no complaints. It is sturdy, folds easily, and I love the color options I selected for the foot board and handle bars. Well done Xootr!"

2014-04-14

"Best idea since sliced cheese"

2014-04-14

"I needed a stronger rear wheel for my "other-name" folding bicycle, and the Swift's reputation made it an easy buy (and the low price!). I was really amazed at the fast delivery. "

2014-04-11

"Bulletproof scooter. Used daily in Manhattan."

2014-04-09

"I am a 220 pound guy over 60 who knows he can't skate board in urban environments and was looking for a way to get around safely. I actually saw a guy in SF get off the ferry and go scootering away to work so I researched various models and decided on the Xootr Street. I receive it yesterday and have been motoring around and it is everything they said it would be. Well built, easy to maneuver, easy to pack and is exactly what I was looking for. Xootr was quick to fill my order and free shipping took 1 week (I live on the West Coast). This product is well worth the money and will be taking it to New York City next month. Thanks Xootr"

2014-04-04

"Xootr by far has proven the best mode of transportation EVER! I have tooled around NYC with my kids, raced down the hill to their elementary school, and used it to make my way around a busy studio lot. I have loved my sturdy Xootr (built for an adult) so much I bought them as Christmas presents for the kids on my ABC sitcom Trophy Wife. They easily fold up for travel, they are bright, beautiful, fun and reliable! LOVE MY XOOTR"

2014-04-04

"Fantastic product & great service! Outstanding value, considering the quality. They answered all of my questions promptly & shipping was fast. We use these at the racetrack to run back & forth all the time. They work well on rough surfaces. Definitely going to look into getting one of their bikes."

2014-04-03

"I love my Xootr, but I love the company even more. Their service has always been top-notch; they are accommodating and even helped me do a very customized order; and when I broke a fender, they rushed me a replacement at a fantastic price."

Share Xootr's store rating

Xootr is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xootr is a merchant member
Xootr participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,847 merchant members.