Woot!Coupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.69/10 2.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.93/10 0.93/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.97/10 0.97/10

"I am incredibly impressed with Woot.com. They resolved my problem in a way that was much more than I had requested/ I bought 4 dining room chairs, two per package, at a roughly 65% discount. They are really nice chairs. Assembly required. When they arrived, it was clear that two of the chairs had mixed template parts in the box, so that the mortise and tenon, joints mismatched for one of the chairs, even swapping parts. All told, I was able to assemble three of the chairs, using different sized wood screws and Wood Putty that I bought. I wrote to them, and told them that I had an issue with one of the chairs, and pointed out which parts just wouldn't fit together. I even suggested that parts for one chair would be all that I would need.

They wrote right back, thanking me for the purchase, apologizing for my problems and appreciating my initiative. They said that they would contact the manufacturer and see what they could do. This was ten days ago.

This morning, a package with two new chairs arrived. I am a happy camper!

"I used to love Woot. Not anymore. I sometimes get the urge to buy something when I see it marked at a good price. But after dealing with 2 issues in a week I refuse to order from them again. How could Amazon be affiliated with this company? Amazon is great to deal with. Woot products are always subpar, customer service is deplorable, and that is assuming you get a response from a real person not just an automated reply. I have had the pleasure to correspond with a CSR named Nicole. I rate her a negative 9. Attitude and condescending comments the who time. I wanted to know where an order was that I made a few weeks prior. I was sent a response that I should check with my bank regarding the billing address I provided. Since the address is saved in their system and I had purchased something using the Same (and correct) address the day before, that was obviously not the issue. When I explained that, she responded with the same "check with your bank" response as before only phrased in a way that sounded as of she were talking to a child. At the same time I had an issue with an item in the order that I Did receive and asked to get a refund as the item was defective. I have used Woot for years and never once asked for a refund if something came that I didn't like or was of poor quality. But I ordered an item that came BROKEN. And I was told "so sorry, but you will have to take that up with the manufacturer." The box was a generic box with no name and no manufacturer contact info. The item itself was described as (brand name) compatible, and also was generic. When I explained that there was no contact info and asked who do I talk that will stand by this product, I received no response. So several days later I emailed again. I finally got a reply from Nicole saying to "contact (brand name)." I looked up their info online and contacted them and they had no idea what I was talking about and said they do Not make that product. So I am back at square one with an order that never came, and an order that came broken. I AM OVER WOOT. "

modified review This review was modified by Guster2009 on October 08 2014 07:26:32 PM

"Ordered a Pyle bluetooth heart rate monitory and watch on September 16. The watch arrived not working. On my first attempt to contact CS (no phone number, and you are forced to fill out a form on their site instead), I was told to check with the manufacturer since the item was under warranty. Um.. no. I explained that the item was DELIVERED not working and that I didn't purchase a "broken HRM/watch" from Woot. They could either replace it or refund my money. The next email was apologetic and asked if I preferred a replacement or a refund. I asked to have a replacement, since I wouldn't have purchased it if I didn't want it. The next email said they were out, so they sent me a return label, and I mailed it back on September 25. As of today (October 8), it has been nearly 2 weeks and 10 business days, and the item I shipped still supposedly hasn't arrived, and there's been no credit to my card. I wouldn't know because I've never gotten a tracking number (even after asking for one) so that I can monitor its progress. At this time, I'm out $50 and don't even have a broken watch to show for it. I might contact BoA to see if they can pursue the charge to my credit card if it goes on much longer. I feel like I've been scammed."

"Wow... What Happened to Woot???? Used to never have problems and you'd think as a subsidiary of Amazon they would not such so bad...

Woot policy offers a 15 minute order cancellation window after you place the order. After I placed order I realized that, In addition to their slow shipping the item I had purchased was listed as requiring an additional 3 to 5 days for processing. I was going to cancel the order, and went to my order status page to look up order number to do so.

On my order status page, though, it said Shipping Now. Knowing Woot is a subsidiary of Amazon, that fast shipping seemed totally reasonable, as I have Amazon Prime and have sometimes literally ordered things in the morning before and had them by that afternoon.

Since it said my order was Shipping Now, I decided to wait and accept the slower shipping since they were processing it so fast.

Here it is over five days later... You guessed it, the item has not shipped yet.

Trying to get the order cancelled now (or any reasonable customer service, for that matter) has been a nightmare. They will not cancel it due to their 15 minute policy, even though I was going to cancel but chose not to based on them say, on my order status page, that the item was shipping.

Looking at their overall rating, it seems Woot is a disgrace compared to they way it was when its founders ran it.

"I'm utterly devastated. I ordered two shirts, they sent me the wrong size. I ordered a women's and got sent a rather huge mens shirt. I've sent notes through customer support, tried everything and just been ignored. I'm going to call my credit card company to revoke the charges. I think BBB or a consumer class action suit should be started over this place. No customer support, wrong and KNOWINGLY defective items being shipped out and blatant price manipulation. "

"They have responded willingly to resolve the issue. So I must retract my furious 1 star review."

modified review This review was modified by emilio-67195 on September 14 2014 06:52:33 PM

"Can I give them NO STARS? TERRIBLE customer (no) service!!!

I ordered a T-Shirt which came in MUCH too small. It was an XL that fit like a Medium. Customer No-Service will do nothing. Stay away from Woot!!! They take your money and dont care if you have an issue.

modified review This review was modified by CassidyM123 on September 10 2014 11:29:24 AM

"Received a defective item from Woot.com, contacted them the same day. NO response for a week! Finally got someone to respond by posting a note on Facebook about the poor service. Sent defective item back 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything from them and no credit for the item. Customer service is terrible, wish I had read the reviews here before I purchased."

modified review This review was modified by rcglfr on September 04 2014 04:55:06 PM

Woot! User

"I had an order from them shipped (in theory) 2 weeks ago and after contacting them this week to ask for an update (the order had no tracking number available! I am ordering it from Dublin), I got the following answer yesterday:
---------------
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

I do apologize, but due to limited inventory once a daily deal has ended or sold out, the item is no longer available for purchase. Please refer to our FAQs regarding this issue: http://www.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#q5

Please keep checking the site and subscribe to the Daily Digest email -- we tend to sell similar items regularly.Hello,

Most international shirt orders will take 3-4 weeks to arrive, but some can take as long as 6 weeks to arrive. Additionally, these orders have no tracking data. Right now, we would advise allowing more time for the order to arrive.

See http://shirt.woot.com/faq#.

Regards,
Wade
Woot Member Services

-----------------------

So many possible negative feedbacks from just this message!

1 - The deliver can take up to 6 weeks? It was NEVER mentioned while buying the products. Also on their FQAs, related to the return policy, they have the following:

"You'll need to contact our Customer Support Team within 21 days of purchasing your product if it arrives damaged or defective. "

How can I return something in 21 days if it may take up to 45 days to get it?

2- 13 days ago I got the following message from Woot:

----------
Good news! Your Woot order #49***149 from Monday, August 11, 2014 is now on its way.

Some orders come complete in one shipment. Others are divided into multiple shipments. If you have more packages on the way to complete this order, we'll email you the tracking info for those as they are shipped.

The tracking number for this shipment is: Unavailable
You can track that here: Track package

Don't freak if the number isn't showing in the shipper's system yet. It takes a little time.

--------------------
How can it be possible? The Shipment was done 2 weeks ago and now they tell me the products were not available? WTF!

Tracking number Unavailable?? How can that be? And can I do if it never comes?

Result, TERRIBLE costumer experience! First time trying to buy something from their website and I could not be any more frustrated. This is ABUSIVE costumer care and false advertising!

Woot! User

"WOOT? More like, BOOOOOOOOT (the "T" is silent)! I ordered a sound system, paid and waited in anticipation. They "denided" my order and suggested that I make sure my shipping address matched that of my billing address, through my bank... Instead of giving me work, I have a suggestion for Woot... Revise your overly-restrictive, automated secuity processes and kiss my asst (another silent "t"). I'm shopping at Newegg. "

San Antonio, Texas

"I place an order. Their auto-corrector for addresses offers a different address for me, putting a zip +4 on it. I accept.
Confirmation page shows that not only did it put the zip +4, but it modified the street address with the wrong name.
I send email to customer support. Four days later I get a response 'sorry your order has progressed too far for us to modify it, even though it hasn't shipped yet. If the address is wrong and it gets returned to us we can make arrangements then'
Problem 1) It modified my address without showing me till after placing order
Problem 2) FOUR DAYS LATER and the item still hasn't shipped
Problem 3) FOUR DAYS to get a response from customer service, only to be told the order is too far along now to do anything with, even though we haven't shipped it.

modified review This review was modified by spiltpickle on August 27 2014 03:53:54 PM

"Worst customer service ever! If you are thinking of buying anything from woot.com, I implore you to run, don't walk, in the other direction. Spend a few dollars more and buy from a more reliable and reputable company. When you buy from woot, it's truly and all or nothing experience. Either you will get your item or you won't. Either way, they will get their money. Just not worth the risk as far as I am concerned. If I could possibly score them lower on shipping or customer service than 1 star, I would."

modified review This review was modified by mjlott on August 25 2014 12:33:48 PM

"Run like the wind if you expect to get customer service after a sale! Recent order for a refurb'd product ( which most of their merchandise is) turned out to be a badly used/abused item. Numerous attempts to contact via email go unanswered. No other way to contact them."

"I recently purchased a laptop from Woot. It stopped working properly about an hour after setting it up and started giving blue screens of death over and over (the error message given was likely related to a hardware issue). I ended up having to email Woot 3 separate times requesting a return to finally get an RMA, and it took them almost a week to get back to me. Overall, due to the fact that they sold a defective product and they clearly did not want to deal with the return, I can't recommend that anyone shop there. I know they have good prices, but it's not worth the hassle of very slow shipping, possible defective products and awful customer service. As the old saying goes: "Sometimes, the cheap comes out expensive.""

modified review This review was modified by PaladinGryzz on August 16 2014 03:58:35 PM

stevew97
Steve W. reviewed woot (in shopping)

I have used Woot several times and had okay luck. NOT this time. Took my money and sent me a confirmation with a USPS tracking #. Over three weeks later, no item and USPS says tracking # is not valid. Woot does not have a telephone number. Your only way to contact them is by email. They claim they will get back to you within 24 hours. It has been 3 days now and no word from them??? I will give them another few days and then go through my VISA credit card to get my money back. Never again. Woot has changed since it was taken over by Amazon.

modified review This review was modified by mittym on August 16 2014 02:34:37 PM

Woot! is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Woot! is not a merchant member
Woot! does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!