• Woot!

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.72/10 1.72/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.77/10 0.77/10

"Woot's warranty is 21 days, period. Can you live with that?

We bought a "refurbished" Sony mirrorless camera. The lens (the expensive part) failed (camera won't recognize it) in 80 days during our European vacation. Camera wasn't in that good of condition when received anyway - not refurbished, just worn, with a dirty sensor.

Amazon owns Woot; I like Amazon, but now I think Woot is just how Amazon dumps their (easy) returns. I would have been better off buying new at retail locally, with a real warranty. Woot promotes itself as being cool, funny, and hip, but really it's just a ripoff. I recommend you stay away; I know I am.

This review was modified by davidmenges on June 26 2015 09:12:01 AM

"I used to be a fan of Woot!, however, their customer service has gone downhill.

I ordered a cable modem by mistake and immediately cancelled my order, per their instructions. (04/23). The ordered showed as cancelled on their site. However, after two weeks of no refund, I attempted to contact customer service three separate times with zero response.

I resorted to posting on their comment boards to get their attention. It was suggested (by their admin) that I put in yet another request. This time I did receive a response (on 5/12) that I would be refunded.

On 06/02, after no refund, I contacted Pay Pal and put in a dispute. Today (06/08) I received notification from PayPay that the issue was resolved and they recovered my funds.

Customer service is severely lacking at Woot! these days.less

"Woot is the Worst when it comes to customer service. I wish I would have read some reviews before buying my son's gaming computer form them. It took at least a week to get it, which was no big deal. I was then out of town for work the next week. My son plays on it and it has been shutting itself off and rebooting constantly. They have a hidden 21 day warranty and tell me we missed it by 3 days and we have to deal with the manufacturer. Nobody to talk to and they just email you a sorry that is policy. So if it takes 8 days to ship it you have 13 days for it to not work and get a hold of them or you are out of luck. We are paying to ship it to the manufacturer (ibuypower) and hopefully will get this resolved. But I will never buy another product from Woot. I can't believe Amazon is affiliated with Woot. The worst on line buying experience I've ever had. No pphone number to talk to anyone and terrible customer service. Buyer beware of this company."

This review was modified by k-ryclubhouse on May 30 2015 08:17:41 AM

"I've bought stuff from woot before and shipping was always slow but I always got it within at least two weeks so I was ok with it. However with their tshirt business, I've placed two orders. The first one they never acknowledged and then once they did they sent it FAST but the second time they didn't ship it until after 2 emails to customer service and then finally 16 days after purchase, they send it with a 7-10 delivery day speed. Ridiculous. Also all the customer service emails seemed like canned responses. I keep buying from woot less and less and I think this is now the last time. I can't believe Amazon owns this company.. they must be totally disconnected.

Looks like the company went downhill after the Woot acquisition by Amazon. - http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/12/five-woot-execs-check-out-as-daily-deals-site-feels-the-strain-under-owner-amazon/. I buy from Amazon all the time, I don't know why they let Woot.com come to this.

This review was modified by dgelinas-33332 on May 27 2015 07:08:52 AM

"I'm somewhat surprised that I am now a victim of Woot's non existent customer service.

After a few years of purchasing from Woot with relative success and decent value, they actually changed the price of an item I was ordering right before I could finalize my purchase, AFTER the item was already in my cart!!!

This is bait and switch at its worst. I've received three different robot style messages from customer service, each of which doesn't address my issue nor offers any possible way to achieve resolution.

Buyer beware!!!!!

Mitch C.

This review was modified by eurolux on May 16 2015 06:09:07 PM

"Terrible customer service! Total Ripoff!

I ordered 4 monitors and 2 dual monitor stands from these jokers for our business that were never delivered. They don't give a shit.

Woot forces the customer to contact Fedex to get the packages traced, force the customer to keep on the Fedex tracers, then when the package is considered lost by Fedex tells you to contact Woot to send a replacement shipment, then Woot tells you to file a claim with the local police department and then, and only then, will they consider what to do! Such bullshit!

I didn't know Fedex miss-deliveries is a crime! I can't wait to see the look on the cop's face when I ask to file a police report for the missing package.

So, if you order from them you are rolling the dice. They have terrible customer service, no care at all that you ever receive your purchases, and make you do all the work, which not only eliminates any cost savings you might have gotten but cost your company money for your labor. Here is an excerpt from their last email to me:

Email telling me to contact Fedex:

Hello,

Sorry you haven't received your order. Please contact FedEx to initiate a driver follow-up/trace. They will research the delivery and contact you with more information. We would ask that you be the one to make this call because they will ask specific questions about the delivery location. In the meantime, please check with your neighbors and/or complex office (if applicable) to ensure that they have not received the package in error.

1-800-463-3339

Please let us know what they say, so we will know what we need to do to resolve the problem.

Regards,
Nicholas
Woot Member Services

Email telling me to get the police report:

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear that your package has not been located. Please contact your local law enforcement office and file a police report regarding your missing item(s). Please reply to this email with a copy of the completed report. Once we receive this information, we can investigate what action to take. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Nicholas
Woot Member Services

This review was modified by HateWoot on May 16 2015 12:19:57 PM

"I will never shop here again and shame on Amazon for suggesting the site to me. Purchased a pair of athletic shoes, they arrived and were very narrow, not a standard width as stated. No Returns Allowed was the reply from Woot! The five emails from Customer Service have never addressed my width question. I guess they expect me to just give up eventually."

This review was modified by wi11iam on April 10 2015 04:17:56 PM

"Do not ever try to buy anything from these cheaters at woot. This website is nothing but SCAMMERS. I order surfboard modem brand new and they shipped a refurbished one. I sent it back and no matter how many requests I made they are not refunding my money. I have to file a dispute with Amex finally. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE and fall for their trap."

"Do NOT buy from this company. I wish I would have done my research before I spent $160 on a cracked, damaged item. Woot's only response has been a canned email telling me to contact the manufacturer for support -- obviously, this is just their standard answer for customer complaints, as the manufacturer is not the party responsible for the sale of a damaged item. It is insulting that they did not even bother to read my email describing my issue with the product. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! Their prices are low, but you might as well be throwing away your money."

This review was modified by jessjo21 on April 04 2015 07:56:12 AM

"Bought a cell phone case for my iphone which had a back pocket to place a few items (drivers license, credit card). What I got was a cheap stick on the back item. Contacted customer NO Service and they told me touch stuff there is a no return policy. Being an Amazon company, I thought customer services would be helpful, instead I got a robot response. NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. "

"I ordered a Motorola SB 6141 Modem from Woot, what I received was model SB 6121both were refurbished with no price adjustment. I don't know why they sent me the cheaper one unless they thought I would bite and not know the difference. In the return e-mail it said they didn't have the correct item and would refund my money. It says they can charge a 15% restocking fee. I hope they don't as it was their error. "

This review was modified by zoomzoom02 on March 18 2015 08:37:49 AM

"Woot customer service is non responsive. if you have any issues, you will not get the response in a timely fashion to address your issues and concerns. There is not number to call and you will be forced to wait for an email from someone. If you have further questions or concerns and reply to that email when someone do respond, good luck on getting a followup response. Dealing with Woot have been my worse experience. And if you are an Amazon customer, you will have no assistance from Amazon although you may have access woot with your amazon account. Woot is not a subsidiary company of Amazon. So if you are shopping on Woot because you think Amazon will back the purchase, guess again. "

This review was modified by johnny_5 on March 12 2015 09:55:34 AM

"Terrible products and even worse customer service. Can't believe that Amazon is even related to this company"

This review was modified by mbrnch on February 19 2015 01:32:11 PM

"I love Wooting! Always fun to see what there is to offer. I've not done holiday shopping in a store for years because of WOOT.com. In 10 years of being a woot customer, I've yet to have a bad experience. "

"Horrible customer service. Odds are that you will be disappointed and inconvenienced by these jokers. They frequently send out the wrong merchandise. When notified they act like it is a frequent occurrence and the customer should have known better than to order from them. If you are good, they'll take back the stuff you didn't order. By the way, they don't even consider sending what you ordered (because that would eat into their profit margin) and they have no interest in doing the right thing under any circumstances. Don't give a woot and save yourself the headaches."

This review was modified by GS5555 on January 15 2015 12:44:25 PM

Share Woot!'s store rating

Woot! is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Woot! is not a merchant member
Woot! does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!