• Woodwind and Br

"My experience with wwbw.com has been entirely positive. Bought a used Hammond keyboard that had an issue, and did not want to keep it since the unit would come without a warranty. They had no more used ones to exchange, so the rep arranged an exhange for a brand new item. There was a promo for Presidents day for 18%, so she applied that to the exchange even though they wouldnt receive my return until after the promo was over, and charged me the small difference in price. When all was said and done, I received a new unit for less that $50 more than a used one, and the exchange process was seamless. Ive already been a repeat customer, and will continue to be."

"I purchased a saxophone for my son on Cyber Monday because I was able to get an additional $50 off during a promotion they were running. I used their free shipping option and the saxophone arrived about 5 days later, in plenty of time for Christmas! All in all it was a painless process and my son loved his new instrument. I would certainly do business with these guys again."

This review was modified by adam2014 on January 07 2015 08:49:46 AM

"This company is so disorganized. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. My child had to have a specific trumpet mouthpiece for school, and WWBW sent me the wrong one (not the one I ordered). They then blamed it on a website malfunction, and told me to let my child play on the one they sent me in error (it was a used mouthpiece, anyway) until the replacement arrived. The replacement came a week later, with no return label. So I call WWBW to ask: How do I return the other mouthpiece? I was told there was no record of the other mouthpiece. As an ethical person, I waited a week and called again, and they gave me the same response. So it sat in the original box in my closet for 4 months, at which time I received a collection email from WWBW, telling me that I was to be turned over to a third party collection agency for the 45 dollar mouthpiece I owed them!!! I replied to their rude email politely, explained that I had called repeatedly, and that no one seemed to know that the mouthpiece even existed. I was finally emailed a UPS return label. Since I am disabled and don't own a printer, it took me 10 days to get it printed and dropped at a UPS store. Here's the kicker: after the mouthpiece was already scanned by UPS and on its way back to WWBW, I received ANOTHER nasty collection email from the same WWBW rep, saying that as I was not going to return the mouthpiece, I was being turned over to collections. I replied to him and told him he needed to at least check the UPS tracking number before haranguing me -- then he could see that the mouthpiece was indeed on its way back to him. This is how WWBW treats your family after ordering thousands of dollars in saxophones and mouthpieces from them. We will NEVER shop there again!"

This review was modified by alexx1974 on December 26 2014 09:36:08 PM

"This is a very disreputable company. I purchased a keyboard and power adapter from them at a good sale price. I had many vendor choices available to choose from, all at the same sale price. I choose this company because their website seemed nice and quite frankly, it was the first to appear in my internet search results. I should have read the reviews already posted to the internet first. They gladly took my order and immediately sent out and billed me for the adapter. The keyboard was on back order. A couple days after billing me for the adapter, they CANCELLED my order for the keyboard without ANY explanation. When I called them, they told me the unit was no longer in production. This was a blatant lie. First, an item no longer being in production doesn't mean that it drops off the face of the earth the next day. It would take considerable time for the the already manufactured supply to be exhausted. Second, this same unit is still available elsewhere on the internet (I guess they didn't get the memo that it isn't in production anymore). The only thing is, it is now being sold at $50 or more elsewhere. The sales are now over. This company CLEARLY decided that they could sell the unit I purchased for much more than they contracted with me to sell it for. Then they even tried to get me to buy something else that was more expensive from them. ARE THEY KIDDING???? Now I am stuck with an useless adapter that I had to pay for. What frauds they are!! Beware when dealing with them....go elswehere....
AS AN UPDATE...the product they told me is no longer available (that's why they had to cancel my order) is now again listed on their website as available soon...but now for $30 more than what they agreed to sell it to me for. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE???

This review was modified by Johnri on December 27 2014 03:11:46 AM

"I ordered a guitar once form WWAB, and i had to cancel the order for some reasons and ask for refund, and i was actually surprised with the fast serves as the item was canceled and i had my money back in only few hours later. so that was my good experience with them."

"I have waited 3 MONTHS to finally receive this Trombone, and I still cannot start using it because its not the color I ordered, nor a color I want. I have been buying at Sweetwater & Guitar Center for years, and have NEVER had this much problem with an order. This is the WORST customer service I have ever experienced... So, do I have to wait ANOTHER 3 months to get the actual product I ordered??? Is anyone accountable at WWBW???"

This review was modified by SLP-USA on November 16 2014 12:22:49 AM

"Do not order from this company. I feel uneasy about an messge I received saying that I owed them for an order 6 months old. When I called to check on paying it, I was told to call a number that was in a different state answered by "Amanada". This company is disorganized."

"Tried to do a special order for a bass clarinet that I had handpicked from the factory. Customer service was less than helpful and took nearly a week to respond, at which point they informed me 1) special orders cannot be returned unless merchandise is [very] defective 2) special orders take SIX TO TWELVE WEEKS TO SHIP. This is inexcusable, especially when other vendors offer refunds and delivery within days. A $9000+ purchase deserves better service. STAY AWAY FROM WWBW AND TELL YOUR MUSIC FRIENDS TO DO THE SAME."

"I will NEVER order from WOODWIND and BRASSWIND again!!! Their customer service is terrible. They are quick to sell and tell you exactly what you want to hear. I had called to inquire about STUDENT FLUTE for my 7 yr old for christmas. I was told the Etude Model EFL-100 student flute would be great for her. Christmas Day when my daughter opened up her gift, it turns out it's to big for me. She's not happy nor comfortable with it. I called the company to return the UNUSED items. I paid FLUTE $79.99, warranty replacement plan $14.99 and $10.49 Flute pad saver set. I was told they would credit $66.99 that's it after they deduct all their fees. Their customer service representative was not helpful nor did he care to help. This company prefers to lose customers then to keep their customers satisfied. However, i wish i would of done my homework and read all the customer reviews before purchasing anything from them. Now I see why they have so many negative reviews. Not only am I out of $105 but I also have these pieces that I have no use for. GREAT!!! THANKS WOODWIND AND BRASS!!"

"Ordered a Christmas Gift and was guaranteed shipping on time, now it is Christmas Eve and I have no gift for my son. Customer service was non-existent. If I could give this place negative stars I would."

"HI, I WROTE MY REVIEW ABOUT A WWBW(MUSICIANS FRIEND) FEW MONTHS AGO, ABOUT A VALVE TROMBONE THAT WAS WITH A SOLDERING MARK, AND I WAITED FOR 4 MONTHS TO GET A "NEW" TROMBONE BACK, BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE IT ON STOCK, BUT THE THING IS.. AFTER WAITING ALL THAT TIME, THEY DID SOMETHING ABSURD, UNBELIEVABLE.... THEY SEND ME EXACTLY THE SAME TROMBONE, WITHOUT FIXING IT... I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A THING... SO ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT WWBW IS: A IRRESPONSIBLE COMPANY THAT WONT DO WHAT IT TAKES TO PLEASE A CUSTOMER, THEY JUST DONT CARE.."

This review was modified by thalesoak on March 31 2013 04:47:55 PM

"I've placed 10 orders with this company so far, and all of them have been positive. All the orders were received in a very timely manner, and not once did I experience what some others have reported, where an item was listed as being in stock, only to show up later as being out of stock.

Only once did I receive an order where one of the items I
ordered was missing. After placing a call to them, they
quickly sent out the missing item and I received it a few days
later. While a minor inconvenience, it was hardly a problem.

A couple other times I have placed orders, I actually received
MORE than what I originally ordered. I once received a reed
finishing system by Tom Ridenour worth about $70.00 I think.
Since I didn't order it in the first place, I called WWBW to let them know, and was told they would send me a Return Authorization form along with packaging material so I
could ship it back at their expense. I never received those
items, so I kept it.

On my most recent order, I received 6 packets of large clear BG mouthpiece patches, but I only ordered 1 and paid for 1. Jeez, if WWBW wants to send me free items like this, I'm hardly going to complain about it.

Even without some of the experiences listed above, this is
still a great company to do business with, and I will continue
to buy from them in the future. I've ordered other music-
related items from other places, but WWBW gets the lion's share of my business.

This review was modified by jw262 on December 14 2012 10:44:46 PM

"What a disaster of a company. I too wish that I had looked at other reviews before I placed my order. First of all, I ordered an item that was advertised as being in stock only to find out two days after I placed my order that it was not in stock. In fact the website is STILL advertising that it's in stock and it is NOT! Seeing that it was on backorder until February (it is currently early September) I attempted to cancel the order and asked for an e-mail confirmation. After not receiving an e-mail confirmation I called the next day to find out it was not cancelled because the customer service reps didn't know "the correct process when dealing with a third party distributor." Now I have to wait another 24-48 hours for the order to be cancelled. I asked to speak to a manager and gave up after being on hold for five minutes. EPIC FAIL. "

"I have purchased the electric cello strings sold by Woodwind and Brasswind as described on Amazon. On delivery to the luthier it was discovered these strings are not actually cello strings. I have spoke with customer service at Woodwind and Brasswind. It seems the store could careless about the fact they are misleading the public by listing these strings as cello strings. They are not willing to return or exchange these strings for the actual cello strings they mislead me to believe I was ordering. There excuse is they do not have to accommodate me due to the fact I have ordered off of Amazon. I will never use Woodwind and Brasswind again! [[ASIN:B004CYEPOM D'Addario NS Electric Bass/Cello String Set, 4/4 Scale, Medium Tension]]"

This review was modified by kgnail on September 04 2012 09:24:23 AM

"Stay Away. These people are a Joke. I placed an order for a cornet for $1100 plus! wwbw responded the item is out of stock on the same day that I made the order. I called them, please cancel because I don't want to wait. Three calls to their so called customer service because they are playing games refunding my money, being jerked around and had to file a PayPal complaint. I wish I would have read the reviews on this site before I ordered. Stay Away unless u want to be hassled. U have been warned.....Stay away! Two weeks later I got my money back with an apology email. Now I can finally buy a horn from somebody else."

This review was modified by Jstrusowski on June 15 2012 08:20:35 PM

Share Woodwind and Brasswind's store rating

Woodwind and Brasswind is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Woodwind and Brasswind is not a merchant member
Woodwind and Brasswind does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!