Stores > Woodwind and Brasswind

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

2016-11-12

Shipped all 10 incorrect items

"I ordered 10 microphones from them through Amazon and all 10 that I received were entirely different products from what I ordered. The nice condenser microphones I ordered were nowhere to be found and instead I got a box full of USB microphones not even remotely comparable. I'm thankful for Amazon's fraud protection otherwise I would be very nervous about this company. I still have to buy packaging tape and supplies now and return 10 large boxes and ship, quite an inconvenience for such a large error. The company offered a return but said they can not give me the product I ordered at the price I paid. Easy to say I will not be purchasing from them again. "

This review was modified by ah12065 on November 12 2016 10:54:37 AM

2016-09-22

Refused to price match

"Called WWBW to get a price match on an item ordered several weeks ago (and still not delivered), but was told that the competitor (ProWinds) *may* not be an "authorized dealer," so WWBW would not match the price."

This review was modified by eplus17 on September 22 2016 12:12:27 PM

2016-09-16

Shipped Wrong Product

"I ordered Barcus Berry Electric Violin. 3 days later I got my package and opened it up and found an empty case. I called them and they said an error in shipping and gave me a return authorisation number with ups label. I sent it back and called to check on my order and they said it takes 5 days to get the case back in the system. Can't get an answer from them about when I will receive my order. Financing has gone through and getting ready to start billing me. I will not be ordering anything else from this company."

This review was modified by blairone on September 16 2016 06:00:10 AM

2016-09-07

Worst seller ever

"Ordered a trombone a week ago. Said credit card didnt go through, called back with another credit card. Said order was complete, then 3 days later still not shipped, said insurance was out of stock, they removed insurance, how does insurance run out of stock, days 4 not shipped, money taken from my account so I call, still not shipped, now they say its on hold for verification, which after verified will take 24 hours then will be shipped, wtf, so I ask to cancel the whole thing, has been six days at this point, now they say that it will take 3 days to cancel, wtf is wrong with this website, then verification still holds your money, please save yourself time money and less frustration, do not use this website unless you have 3 weeks to a month to wait on your stuff."

2015-03-01

"My experience with wwbw.com has been entirely positive. Bought a used Hammond keyboard that had an issue, and did not want to keep it since the unit would come without a warranty. They had no more used ones to exchange, so the rep arranged an exhange for a brand new item. There was a promo for Presidents day for 18%, so she applied that to the exchange even though they wouldnt receive my return until after the promo was over, and charged me the small difference in price. When all was said and done, I received a new unit for less that $50 more than a used one, and the exchange process was seamless. Ive already been a repeat customer, and will continue to be."

2015-01-07

"I purchased a saxophone for my son on Cyber Monday because I was able to get an additional $50 off during a promotion they were running. I used their free shipping option and the saxophone arrived about 5 days later, in plenty of time for Christmas! All in all it was a painless process and my son loved his new instrument. I would certainly do business with these guys again."

This review was modified by adam2014 on January 07 2015 08:49:46 AM

2014-12-26

"This company is so disorganized. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. My child had to have a specific trumpet mouthpiece for school, and WWBW sent me the wrong one (not the one I ordered). They then blamed it on a website malfunction, and told me to let my child play on the one they sent me in error (it was a used mouthpiece, anyway) until the replacement arrived. The replacement came a week later, with no return label. So I call WWBW to ask: How do I return the other mouthpiece? I was told there was no record of the other mouthpiece. As an ethical person, I waited a week and called again, and they gave me the same response. So it sat in the original box in my closet for 4 months, at which time I received a collection email from WWBW, telling me that I was to be turned over to a third party collection agency for the 45 dollar mouthpiece I owed them!!! I replied to their rude email politely, explained that I had called repeatedly, and that no one seemed to know that the mouthpiece even existed. I was finally emailed a UPS return label. Since I am disabled and don't own a printer, it took me 10 days to get it printed and dropped at a UPS store. Here's the kicker: after the mouthpiece was already scanned by UPS and on its way back to WWBW, I received ANOTHER nasty collection email from the same WWBW rep, saying that as I was not going to return the mouthpiece, I was being turned over to collections. I replied to him and told him he needed to at least check the UPS tracking number before haranguing me -- then he could see that the mouthpiece was indeed on its way back to him. This is how WWBW treats your family after ordering thousands of dollars in saxophones and mouthpieces from them. We will NEVER shop there again!"

This review was modified by alexx1974 on December 26 2014 09:36:08 PM

2014-12-23

"This is a very disreputable company. I purchased a keyboard and power adapter from them at a good sale price. I had many vendor choices available to choose from, all at the same sale price. I choose this company because their website seemed nice and quite frankly, it was the first to appear in my internet search results. I should have read the reviews already posted to the internet first. They gladly took my order and immediately sent out and billed me for the adapter. The keyboard was on back order. A couple days after billing me for the adapter, they CANCELLED my order for the keyboard without ANY explanation. When I called them, they told me the unit was no longer in production. This was a blatant lie. First, an item no longer being in production doesn't mean that it drops off the face of the earth the next day. It would take considerable time for the the already manufactured supply to be exhausted. Second, this same unit is still available elsewhere on the internet (I guess they didn't get the memo that it isn't in production anymore). The only thing is, it is now being sold at $50 or more elsewhere. The sales are now over. This company CLEARLY decided that they could sell the unit I purchased for much more than they contracted with me to sell it for. Then they even tried to get me to buy something else that was more expensive from them. ARE THEY KIDDING???? Now I am stuck with an useless adapter that I had to pay for. What frauds they are!! Beware when dealing with them....go elswehere....
AS AN UPDATE...the product they told me is no longer available (that's why they had to cancel my order) is now again listed on their website as available soon...but now for $30 more than what they agreed to sell it to me for. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE???

This review was modified by Johnri on December 27 2014 03:11:46 AM

2014-11-20

"I ordered a guitar once form WWAB, and i had to cancel the order for some reasons and ask for refund, and i was actually surprised with the fast serves as the item was canceled and i had my money back in only few hours later. so that was my good experience with them."

2014-11-16

"I have waited 3 MONTHS to finally receive this Trombone, and I still cannot start using it because its not the color I ordered, nor a color I want. I have been buying at Sweetwater & Guitar Center for years, and have NEVER had this much problem with an order. This is the WORST customer service I have ever experienced... So, do I have to wait ANOTHER 3 months to get the actual product I ordered??? Is anyone accountable at WWBW???"

This review was modified by SLP-USA on November 16 2014 12:22:49 AM

2014-11-07

"Do not order from this company. I feel uneasy about an messge I received saying that I owed them for an order 6 months old. When I called to check on paying it, I was told to call a number that was in a different state answered by "Amanada". This company is disorganized."

2013-02-14

"Tried to do a special order for a bass clarinet that I had handpicked from the factory. Customer service was less than helpful and took nearly a week to respond, at which point they informed me 1) special orders cannot be returned unless merchandise is [very] defective 2) special orders take SIX TO TWELVE WEEKS TO SHIP. This is inexcusable, especially when other vendors offer refunds and delivery within days. A $9000+ purchase deserves better service. STAY AWAY FROM WWBW AND TELL YOUR MUSIC FRIENDS TO DO THE SAME."

2012-12-27

"I will NEVER order from WOODWIND and BRASSWIND again!!! Their customer service is terrible. They are quick to sell and tell you exactly what you want to hear. I had called to inquire about STUDENT FLUTE for my 7 yr old for christmas. I was told the Etude Model EFL-100 student flute would be great for her. Christmas Day when my daughter opened up her gift, it turns out it's to big for me. She's not happy nor comfortable with it. I called the company to return the UNUSED items. I paid FLUTE $79.99, warranty replacement plan $14.99 and $10.49 Flute pad saver set. I was told they would credit $66.99 that's it after they deduct all their fees. Their customer service representative was not helpful nor did he care to help. This company prefers to lose customers then to keep their customers satisfied. However, i wish i would of done my homework and read all the customer reviews before purchasing anything from them. Now I see why they have so many negative reviews. Not only am I out of $105 but I also have these pieces that I have no use for. GREAT!!! THANKS WOODWIND AND BRASS!!"

2012-12-24

"Ordered a Christmas Gift and was guaranteed shipping on time, now it is Christmas Eve and I have no gift for my son. Customer service was non-existent. If I could give this place negative stars I would."

2012-12-16

"HI, I WROTE MY REVIEW ABOUT A WWBW(MUSICIANS FRIEND) FEW MONTHS AGO, ABOUT A VALVE TROMBONE THAT WAS WITH A SOLDERING MARK, AND I WAITED FOR 4 MONTHS TO GET A "NEW" TROMBONE BACK, BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE IT ON STOCK, BUT THE THING IS.. AFTER WAITING ALL THAT TIME, THEY DID SOMETHING ABSURD, UNBELIEVABLE.... THEY SEND ME EXACTLY THE SAME TROMBONE, WITHOUT FIXING IT... I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A THING... SO ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT WWBW IS: A IRRESPONSIBLE COMPANY THAT WONT DO WHAT IT TAKES TO PLEASE A CUSTOMER, THEY JUST DONT CARE.."

This review was modified by thalesoak on March 31 2013 04:47:55 PM

Share Woodwind and Brasswind's store rating

Woodwind and Brasswind is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Woodwind and Brasswind is not a merchant member
Woodwind and Brasswind does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!