• Rating 4.00/10 15 reviews

Winkflash is not a merchant member
    Winkflash does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Winkflash contact information

Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered plenty of photo books from Winkflash. I really like them. Now every once in a while, printing never seems to start. About 20% of my photo book orders were "printing" for 4 weeks. They promise a turnaround of 3-7 days.
I wrote to customer service.
The first time that happened, customer service told me they had a problem in one of their printing facilities. I cancelled the order, ordered it again, and voila, two weeks later the book arrived in my mailbox.
The second time, customer service told me they had such a high volume to print, they just can't handle the volume. However, they would bump my order up the queue, so everything should be fine.
Two weeks later I cancelled the order.

If you need something printed in a timely and reliable manner, Winkflash is not the company to use. If you don't have a deadline to meet and don't need customer service support, go ahead.

Did I mention, customer service didn't apologize for their crappy service?

modified review This review was modified by karllagov on September 05 2013 02:30:07 PM

"Potential Winkflash customers BEWARE:
You order can take 3 weeks to print for no good reason!
It's a shame that you have to sacrifice decent customer service to order from Winkflash. My company placed a large order of 600 Christmas photo cards from Winkflash (total was over $300) and when the order didn't print properly the first time they were unable to speed up the process to get them to us anywhere near the estimated delivery date. When I spoke to them on the phone they simply said they are "unable" to rush an order, everything is automated. TWO weeks went by since that phone call took place and after multiple phone calls and emails we STILL didn't have our cards! At this point they told us they were going to give us a 25% discount and ship them priority because of how SLOW they were being to ship the order out. Well the "new" delivery day came and went they still hadn't arrive. Quite frustrated I called them (I think this was contact attempt #9 or 10 if not more) and for no explanation they had not shipped the order. We could not believe it, we were so disappointed. These were cards we wanted to get in the mail at the end of November not halfway through December. This time we called back after their second promise to us that the cards would be shipped to us that day and didn't let them off the phone until they told us the shipping confirmation code. They are have such bad business practices, organization, and communication that they aren't able to do what they say they will. Our company will NEVER order from them again.

"I am sooo disappointed with your product. I placed an order for my christmas cards bearing a beautiful picutre of my children with a wonderful christmas greeting to my friends and family. On the morning on Dec. 1, I showed my mother in law the cards i ordered. That same day they arrived to my home with NO GREETING on them. Just blank!!! When i called to rectify this, I was told that they were ordered that way!! Funny that they were fine online that am, but as your customer service rep. had me do some things on the site, it showed up blank!! Obviously a ploy to get me to pay for YOUR mistake! I was told I had to pay to return them, and reorder them. Why would I reorder them from you when you did this to me??? I was also told that there was no supervisor to talk to. What kind of a scam are you running? This has been reported to the BBB and will be plastered anywhere it can be online. Thanks for the great customer service!!! (NOT)"

"I just received my order of over 500 photos. While at a glance the pictures look OK they are ALL MIXED UP. I uploaded them in 3 folders and ordered them accordingly. They are all totally mixed up and it will not only take me forever to sort them I have no idea if I even received all the pictures I ordered."

"I've always had good luck with winkflash. I've printed both posters and canvases, and they've always turned out just fine. Shipping is always quick. I'm surprised they got such bad reviews, but my experience has been quite pleasant with them so far."

"I placed my first order with Winkflash.... a selection of borderless note cards. The finished product was disappointing. The image which I approved before placing the order was cropped another 1/4 inch all the way around and the color and resolution were not close to the original and I did not use any editing tools. Customer service did not respond to my e-mail within a week so I phoned the company. The representative was pleasant and confirmed that the company does crop the photo when making note cards. (note: this is not the automatic cropping that occurs for pictures taken with an aspect ratio of 4:3- this is IN ADDITION to that cropping) I asked why the buyer wasn't alerted to this during the order process and she didn't have an explanation. As a result of the unexpected cropping, several notecards were ruined because parts of the image were missing and looked ridiculous. The company gave me 10 free note cards but I had to pay 4.89 postage to get them. Highway robbery. My other complaint about Winflash is that you can download 5MP images to their site and the photo looks like it's less than 1MP. Doesn't happen to all but enough to be annoying. Whether it's a function of poor software or a bad lab, I am not pleased with Winflash services and therefore will not place any further orders with them"

modified review This review was modified by tradeprn on February 16 2009 09:03:35 AM

"I used the $5 coupon for a 8X10 photo to canvas, gallery wrap mounting. Ordered on 9/21 It was easy to order, was shipped the very next day and I got it on the third day. It was BEAUTIFUL. I could not have been happier with it. Good job!"

"I've been working with Winkflash for over a year, at first because they were the only source I could find that would print 3.25 x 5 (very important when you're making an album of 700+ photos! Now I wouldn't consider working with anyone else. Their service is prompt, efficient, customer friendly and the quality of the photos is great."

"I ordered a photobook from winkflash, they were having a promotion for 20 dollars - up to 100 pages. It took me about 8 hours to make this book and I just received it and they screwed it up. They didn't include some pictures, repeated some pictures and the quality wasn't good. I heard some people say that it took them 8 days to make the photobook, so I am completely dissatisfied and will never promote winkflash to anyone...I've used Shutterfly and MyPublisher for photobooks before and so far I've had the best experience with Shutterfly...More layouts, more colors, more fonts and much much FASTER than winkflash. In shutterfly, you dont have to count how many characters you write, but in winkflash, you have 30 characters maximum per picture including spaces and the rest will be cut off. So, for every caption I had to count every single character, that was a pain. DO NOT USE WINKFLASH!!!! No way!! "

"I ordered a photo book of my 40 day trip I took last summer. It took me 30+ hours to create using their software. I editted every one of my pictures with their software & made sure they looked great before sending to be printed. I got back a mess, 20% of the pictures were grainy/poor color. So I called winkflash 3 days in a row, left my # for a manager to call. No call backs, they will only email you. I asked them to reprint on their end to see what a terrible job they did, & they would not. One would think that they would care about the quality of their work & would want to make a customer happy, but they dont ! "

"I ordered a photobook and I love the results. I ordered 2 more for gifts and I am definitely looking forward to working on my next photobook project with winkflash. It has great deals and is excellent quality!"

"I've ordered 4x6 prints from here in the past and always been satisfied with the price and quality. The pictures turn out as good as any local retailer, and at a low low price. Their $0.99 shipping for any amount of 4x6's can't be beat. I normally receive my order in 2-4 days of submitting it. I recently ordered a calendar, and some 5x7's and they also turned out very nice."

modified review This review was modified by The_Good_Doctor on September 10 2007 07:46:58 AM
California
Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered a large number of prints through them at a very low price. They arrived quickly and the quality was ok - a little lower than say snapfish, but acceptable."

"That was awfull. We were using Shutterfly for last few years (perfect pictures) and decided to try Winkflash. HUGE MISTAKE!!! All picture came yellow and ugly. After we send an e-mail requesting to re-print our order "Customer Service" offered a refunf if we send pictures back. DO NOT USE!"

"Winkflash is incompetent & horrible. I ordered 273 4x6" photos during their latest promotion, and 90% of them had horrible print defects. I don't mean that the photos were uniformly too dark or anything like that, I mean horrible, obvious horizontal yellow streaking, as if their printing machine had eaten up the photos. When I called in to their meager "customer service" (not a toll free number), I was assured my reprints would be hand screened to make sure they were of better quality. I waited 5 business days for the reprints to actually ship, and once I received thim, DISGUSTING! The reprints were worse than the originals. They straight up don't care about print quality. They lied to me telling me my reprints would be looked over before being shipped out. I think a blind mand could have felt the print defects in the paper. Additionally to the scraping yellow lines, their photos leave random white dots on the prints. The dots are the size of about 5 contiguous pixels, and sometimes they are smack on a person's face, and it ruins the photos. For a printing lab, they have to be grossly negligent to not notice these things. I am but a amateur photographer, who usually shops at whcc.com or mpix.com, and I can immediately tell the quality difference from their stuff, and the nasty Winkflash stuff. I am very careful about my .jpf files, I shoot a Canon 5d and XTi, use CS2 to convert them into .jpg files, and this is all done on a calibrated screen, using SRGB throughout, nothing on my end is wrong. Winkflash is just incompetent.

Do yourself a favor, don't order from Winkflash, the photos will have print defects, you'll wait on the phone for 20 mins to talk to a customer service person, and even then, your problems won't get fixed. Their Rhode Island printing lab could seriously care less about print quality. I am never ordering from them again. You get what you pay for! I paid little and got a huge headache!