"I purchased a briefcase from Wilsons leather in Atlanta Georgia. Within one week the closure broke. I returned with the briefcase to the store with receipt in hand, and they would not take it back or send for repair. I found the store to be little help. I was asked to send back to manufacturer, (which meant I had to package and pay postage to shipper on an item I had purchased a wee earlier. I was so disappointed by my experience, that I purchased another briefcase from a different retailor. Whenever I look at that briefcase in my closet, it makes me mad. I will never purchase another product from Wilson leather again. This briefcase has been sitting in my closet for over a year, without being used."

modified review This review was modified by EppieLS on October 26 2014 07:30:03 AM

"These guys are unbelievably sloppy and incompetent. I placed two orders about a year apart (the recent one being this week). both times they took the order, said the item was in stock, then placed it on back order, and then got an e-mail saying the item "was located", then another e-mail stating back order status and then finally cancelled!! Yes, twice! the same drama, choreographed to perfection both times! signing up more customers, poaching e-mail ids and then then spamming their e-mail in box--this seems to be their business model. not worth your time or money. shop elsewhere. "

"They carry a line of coats and jackets and handbags by Black Rivet. I have had so many issues with the quality of these products. Handbags handles and zippers just feel off after a months use. Coats and jackets ripped in pockets and seams easily. The zippers broke from the actual closure. All made in China. Just poorly constructed and cheap material. I will not buy from Wilsons again. ( I visited stores in Huntley, IL and Aurora, IL and Pleasant prairie, WI)."

"So I ordered a jacket on Monday, saw on Wednesday that its price dropped 10 bucks and some change. So I thought "okay no big deal, lemme ask em for the difference" nope turns out they don't do price matches on their own website. Keep in mind I didn't contact em 1 month or even 2 weeks after asking to get a price match, nope 2 friggin days and they can't do it. My jacket isn't even here yet and they can't credit me the diff. Instead they want me to return the jacket I didn't get yet and order another one from the site so I can get the new price. Its freakin retarded, the effect is the same as if they gave me the credit, they want to force me to go thru the motions to keep my extra 10 bucks? Fine customer care they have there. (sarcasm btw)"

"Like the other one star rating, I also ordered an item on their site for my girlfriend and saw that the status changed to "item located in warehouse," which was right before shipping. A day after, it suspiciously canceled. When I went back to look for the item, it wasn't listed anymore - it didn't even say it was out of stock.. it didn't find the item at all anymore. There was another jacket very similar to the item I bought for about $50 more.

I called to get an explanation and first of all, they don't let you talk to anyone when you're checking the status of an order - but when I selected the option to place an order, someone picked up on the first ring. I told her my situation and she told me that the website didn't update and it was out of stock.. so my question is - who changed the status from "order submitted" to "item located in warehouse"? She said she didn't have an answer for me.

She was rude and unapologetic. She kept asking me the order number and when I told her, she said, "I need your order number.." Turns out their order number on the site and the order number on the email they send out are completely different. Idiotic.

I will never deal with this company again and judging from some other reviews, a few of their items don't look nearly as good in person as they do on the site.

"DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. I purchased a item off their site and then it became out of stock. The site said they would back order it and instead just cancelled my order. They would not substitue anything instead and signed my up for their email list with out my consent. THEY DID ALL THIS JUST TO GET MY PERSONAL DATA, AVOID THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY."

Heiral's Avatar
Bay Area

"Got my wallets, this is a good company."

"Wilson leather is a simple site to order from and offers great items. I can't speak for the price as it was a bit expensive but well worth it considering that it was the only place to get it from. I would order again but seeing as my item is in great condition, I doubt that I'd need to in the future. "

"I had actually ordered a leather jacket and some gloves a week ago, but the gloves were stolen the next day. The first items arrived in decent packaging, at a decent price, in a fairly timely manner, they did take something like 3 days to ship out my order, but it was before Christmas so I'm sure they are swamped.

I reordered the gloves that were stolen, I was so impressed with the quality and the value.

I'd order from this company again, no question about it.

"Was looking for some protectant for my leather coat and Wilson's seemed like a good bet. I ended up purchasing a leather protectant and a leather cleaner. The process was smooth and I even had a $5 off coupon which was nice.

Packing was fine, however the shipment took longer to arrive than is typically expected from most of my internet orders. No major complaints.

"Jacket is nice but they claimed to have shipped my order a day before UPS received the billing information. Their website states that they do not charge your credit card until the order ships but they put a hold on your account for the full amount of the order. After you register and order their site stores your credit card info and the only way t remove it is to request a new password.

Nice jacket but not a consumer friendly company.

Wilsons Leather is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Wilsons Leather is not a merchant member
Wilsons Leather does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!