Stores > Williams-Sonoma

Product & services pricing Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

2016-02-27

Think three times before you buy

"There return policy is not consumer friendly. If it is really urgent then buy from this group otherwise avoid. even if they return, the credit is not on the payment method, it by their gift card, so that you have to go back again. "

This review was modified by SavitaP on February 27 2016 02:49:55 PM

2016-02-10

Sold me used kitchen shears as new. I returned for replacement that never came.

"I've filed a complaint with BBB. They received the returned product over one month ago. they have not replaced them or contacted me or refunded me. they have not responded to my inquiries to customer service."

This review was modified by bayareakirk on February 10 2016 11:37:59 AM

2015-12-23

"What has happened to williams sonomoa?
It is fortunate Chuck recently passed away as he would be overwhelmed with embarrassment as what the current executives have done to destroy this company.
I placed an order on December 17th with the promise I would receive it for Xmas.
Five days later and it still has not been processed.
Numerous calls to customer service has provided no answers; only that it is being processed.
Emails from customer service to the distribution center have not been answered.
Repeated request by me to have a supervisor call me have gone unanswered, even through I was promised a supervisor would contact me.
Today I have called the call center 4 times. After being out on hold for double digits minutes, 3 of those times I was disconnected before the call went through.
I am now sitting on hold for 52 minutes.
Katie at extension 7043748 finally answered and after a half an hour promised to get a supervisor and call me back within 10 minutes. That was over an two hours ago and thus far no return call from her or a supervisor.
I also called corporate customer service at 800.595.5628 and left 3 different messages over 3 consecutive days requesting a return call. None ever came.
Do you really consider this good customer service?
The stores are no better with untrained sales staff and unconcerned store managers.
Why is there free shipping on the website but not in the stores?
Why have I been receiving emails this week encouraging me to order more with a guarantee to receive the gifts by Xmas when you can't even get out your previous orders?
Needless to say I'm over williams sonomoa.
I will return the all clad cookware and everything else I recently purchased.
I will not take my client who asked me to help her completely stock the kitchen in their new home.
I will go to bed bath and beyond, sur la table and any other retailer who can provide adequate customer service. Yours is severely lacking and as I said in my subject line, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

2015-12-17

"Should have checked here, as well as elsewhere, before attempting to patronize W-S. Shipping is beyond acceptably slow. Shipping update info unavailable via website. Call to check, and expect to hold 20+ mins before you realize no live person is picking up. Then resort to emails, to which, again, no replies will be forthcoming. After numerous other calls resulting in unacceptably long holds, resulting in no live people, had to call credit card to cancel the order. The cancellation was primarily out of frustration from being unable to to communicate in any reasonably effective and efficient manner possible with CS, even more so than the ridiculously slow shipping with zero status updates.

NOT WORTH THE HEADACHES. Will NEVER attempt to patronize W-S again.

2015-10-02

"I am ashamed of the Williams-Sonoma website! This i the first time in my long association with buying on the internet that I did not and could not see the final price of an item including SHIPPING and SALES TAX unless I placed an order.

At one point in the deceptive process, I was shown shipping costs would be $0.00. I mistakenly thought this was because the item was on backorder with future shipping and delivery dates. When I saw the final total, the $1595 item morphed into $23.50. Yup, the sales tax and delivery cost finally showed up. If one leaves that screen one merely sees the item price and the total with no breakout of what is sales tax and what is shipping.

To add insult to injury, there is no way for me to cancel the order nor can your customer service people. CS is sending a message to the sales side of the house but I will have to call back and check later,

I am now unlikely to buy anything from W-S online and possibly even in a brick and mortar store.

Buyer beware, no itemized list of charges and a total cost, just walk away.

2015-02-26

"I travel and am not close by to my family; so now it's nearly March and just received a note from my family thanking me for the Salt Plate sent from Williams Sonoma...for Christmas. What....sure enough, in an email sent on 12/20 and then 12/24 entitled "Shipping Confirmation" and then "Delivery Confirmation" WS states at the bottom, that the order for that item is delayed (this is after confirmation of it being in stock at the time of the order on 12/20). Thanks WS for great customer service and for getting the Christmas gifts out in such a timely fashion. Folks read the fine print"

This review was modified by dpsatchell on February 26 2015 07:20:31 AM

2014-12-24

"On December 12, 2014, I ordered a All-Clad d5 Brushed Cook wear set for my wife as a Christmas gift. The order was suppose to be delivered on or before December 22. Called customer service on December 22. Got disconnected and had to call a second time. I was advised that my order was suppose to ship that day and they did not know if it had been shipped yet. I was further advised that they would call their wearhouse and have my order overnighted to me at no additional cost and that I would receive it on Christmas Eve. They also advised that they would email a tracking number for the order but I never received any such email. Now here it is Christmas Eve and the order has not been delivered and no one does not seem to know where my order is. The only reason that I'm rating this company as a 1 is because 0 is not an option. I most likely will not purchase from Williams Sonoma again."

This review was modified by Agentman007 on December 24 2014 01:25:06 PM

2014-12-22

"I ordered a cake on December 11th for my Step mom from W-S for Christmas. At first, the order looked fine, not out of stock, being processed. Then Delivery date was set for Dec 19th. All good. Dec 19th came and went, and upon checking the status this morning, status went to "shipping date unavailable". ???. So I called and tried to cancel the order, as now my Step Mom wasn't going to receive her cake before Christmas. The Customer Service person told me that was impossible and I could ask for a refund when a new shipping date was set. But, food items are Final Sale, so...? So I guess I'm being forced to pay full price for a late bakery item that they couldn't ship or inventory properly..."

This review was modified by Mbkieft on December 22 2014 04:30:35 PM

2014-12-19

"The first week of November, I bought a rater expensive domed cake plate/punch bowl from Williams Sonoma as a gift for my sister in law. The dome could be placed in the plate to allow it to be used as a punch bowl. It does not work without the plate. My order came with the dome, but not the plate. I called customer service about the missing half of my order. They sent another dome. I called them AGAIN. They gave me instructions about how to send the dome back and assured me they would send out the plate. I carefully boxed up the second dome, mailed it back, but they never contacted me with a tracking number for the plate. I inquired about my tracking number, and was told, "Regrettably, I found that this item is no longer available through our Catalog/Internet division." with no offer of refund. I had to call AGAIN to point out that failure to deliver a purchased product, does in fact, require that you refund the money paid for the product. Now, after a month and a half of trying to get this problem solved, it's the week before Christmas. I have no present for my sister in law and I don't yet have the money returned to me because of course, that takes a week or two as well. And frankly, after all these repeated failures, I wouldn't be surprised if they can't manage to refund my money as well. Additionally, it's too late to order something else and get it before Christmas without paying for a rush delivery, if that option even exists this close to the holiday. "

This review was modified by LollipopLucy on December 19 2014 03:58:01 PM

2014-12-17

"Placed an order for a saucepan that was to be delivered as a gift within a week. Credit card was charged immediately. Have called two times to find out when it will be delivered. It is still being "processed". Was told it was expedited and would be delivered overnight. Still is being "processed" and they can't tell me when it will be delivered and also are unable to speak to anyone in charge."

This review was modified by meisterlisa on December 17 2014 06:43:51 AM

2014-12-05

"I have never ordered from Williams-Sonoma on line, but was under the impression that it was a quality company, both with merchandise and service. Therefore, I placed an order for 2 items to be sent as gifts to the same address. Immediately upon placing the order I realized my error in having the merchandise sent to me rather than to the gift recipient, since the site defaulted to the billing address.
Right away I placed a call to customer service. This department is obviously outsourced and not directly associated with Williams-Sonoma, since I was told that they were unable to change the shipping address and could only "email" a request for the change. There was no guarantee that the change would be made, but if it was, I should receive confirmation within a day. Since this process seemed less than adequate, I took it upon myself to respond to my order confirmation email and made another request to change the address.
2 days later I called customer service and they confirmed that the change still had not been made, but nothing had shipped yet. The outsourced department put in a second email request.
4 days later I received 2 emails stating that my gifts were on their way...to me!!!! (This is confirmed by the UPS tracking.) Since they are perishable food items, it appears that my family will be eating the gifts instead of my parents. It is extremely disappointing to find that with the current state of technology Williams-Sonoma does not have the capability to respond to an immediate request. Admittedly it was my error, but "customer service" that cannot access and service the order is not true customer service.

This review was modified by NoLongerACust on December 05 2014 07:52:19 AM

2014-10-16

"I placed an order for a wedding gift on 9/3. It was on backorder until 9/17 which was fine. Today I get an email that says that it is being shipped (10/16). So it will be days before the newly weds receive it. I have never received another email in the mean time to tell me that the order was going to be later than 9/17; otherwise I would have ordered something else.

I WILL NEVER order from WS again. This was a wedding gift. Not only does this make me look bad since it is arriving long after the wedding instead of before but it really upsets me that I wasn't notified and given the opportunity to either order from someone else or order something else.

2014-07-25

"I typically do not order from WM on line but I have on several occasions. If you order the food which comes from an outside vendor, things work very well. I have ordered chocolate truffles and the croissants which were both on time, well packaged and delicious. Anything else, has been a problem. I ordered a tea kettle on line a couple of years ago and I received one that had obviously been used and returned to the company because it was rusty inside. Really? This year on July 8, I ordered the WM sonoma outdoor pillow with one letter. The delivery date was estimated to be 3-5 days. It was in stock when I ordered it. Very soon thereafter, I was sent an email telling me it was backordered until July 23. I missed that email and so I called on July 17th to find out where my order was and the customer rep told me it was to be delivered on July 18th. By the 24th, I still had not received it so I called again. The customer rep Ron informed me that it looked like it was backordered until October 10. I had not been informed! When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told that the managers were all in a staff meeting and that they had just received 80 new employees. I have been a national customer service exec and when a customer calls and asks for a manager, they should be able to reach one. I asked him to have a manager call me and have yet to hear from anyone. Terrible service, terrible communication. I have lost all confidence in WM online. "

This review was modified by SIRR on July 25 2014 08:31:52 AM

2013-12-17

"Ordered a creme Brule torch for $49.99.. got it in the mail and a price sticker on the box said $39.99.. going to try and take it to the store and see why I paid more than the price sticker. It is a very high quality product though "

2013-08-06

"So expensive and not worth it—I bought a dining set from here and a few days later decided to change my mind. Unfortunately, because it had already been opened, they couldn't return the item."

Share Williams-Sonoma's store rating

Williams-Sonoma is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Williams-Sonoma is not a merchant member
Williams-Sonoma does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!