• Widener's Reloa

"Ordered 9mm ammo 2 weeks ago. No confirmation, no communication, no ammo. But they did charge my card immediately. Oh, and they don't answer their phone."

"I placed a C&R order with Widener's without knowing anything about them. It was after I received my order that I happened to see this seller rating site and I am surprised to see so many negative feedback. So I decided to share my own experience.

I ran into one of their current sale items (a C&R rifle) at an attractive price and decided to place an order online with them. The price was great and shipping cost was reasonable. There was a little glitch with my C&R license...I had uploaded it when registering for an account with the site but they were unable to download it. They sent me an email to request a copy of it and the item was shipped out the following day, with proper UPS shipping notification. Upon receiving the order, I found it was well packaged and the item was in condition as described. In my exchanges with customer service in straightening out the C&R situation, I found them to be courteous and prompt.

My experience was positive and I wish everyone with previous bad experiences better luck in the future...or perhaps Widener's has greatly improved due to these reviews. There were several reviews about getting credit card accounts hacked after ordering from Widener's and that was a bit concerning...I will be monitoring my account for a while...

modified review This review was modified by DavidH123 on October 04 2014 08:08:50 PM

"Been in the firearms business for years, and this company is the worst I have ever delt with. Two weeks after I placed an order that was in stock and was told it would ship within two days nothing!! Called three times during normal working hours to have their answering machine say they are closed. Finally got through to someone who treated me like crap and got a bad tracking number. Called again and guess what closed during normal working hours again. 4 days have passed since the over night packiage was supposedly shipped. Going to file fraud charges with my bank."

modified review This review was modified by FirearmsDealerOR on February 20 2014 01:21:09 PM

"placed order over phone due to website problem. They charged my card before the call was over. It is now a week no e-mail to confirm no response to my e-mails. I have done online orders for 20 years-this is the worst ever.I am sending registered letter tomorrow to cancel."

modified review This review was modified by herbertlee on February 03 2014 05:12:00 PM

"I placed an order on 12/28/13 for 2000 rounds once fired Lake City 5.56 brass. My order arrived on 1/09/14 with 2000 rounds of mixed
headstamp brass that was 50% junk, saw brass, necks flatened, dented shoulders, etc.
I will never place an order with this company again!
I have requested a prepaid UPS label to return the order and
a refund. I also filed a dispute with my credit card company
because their customer service sucks.

modified review This review was modified by kodokanron on January 10 2014 07:47:37 AM

No. Calif. USA

"I have used Widener's several times and have had NO PROBLEMS, whatsoever.

Once, I forgot to order the Sierra Reloading Manual with my order and sent them an email the next day (before the order was processed), asking if they could add the manual to my order.

NO PROBLEM, answered "Mary" in Customer Service. And so my error was rectified by Widener's Customer Service, along with a prompt email verifying the correction.

I have been looking at some of the remarks by people complaining about several merchants and I am beginning to believe some people do not know how to deal with customer service personnel.

Remember these folks are only human beings like you and I and if I approach them with a mean-spirited attitude, they will probably respond likewise! There are always exceptions, of course!

"I just received my first order from Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply. I called to verify the .32 Auto ammo I wanted was in stock, placed my order, which included uploading a copy of a photo ID, and I received verification the same evening that the order had been filled and shipped. I received the order today via UPS, five days from order date."

modified review This review was modified by Jan-H. on July 01 2013 12:35:05 PM

" This is my 4th C&R gun purchase thru Widener's and I am fully satisfied with each order. When I read each review, I see some people need to have more patience and calmness."

modified review This review was modified by JamesSeigle on June 25 2013 08:39:40 AM

"My first C&R firearms order from Wideners exceeded my expectations in both speed of delivery and quality of the pistol that I received. I will definitely look at them again for future purchases."

modified review This review was modified by j4jenk on April 26 2013 07:33:49 PM

"I can't believe that a single one of those positive reviews didn't come from someone tied to the business. (That happens alot on these sites BTW). I ordered an item that they told me the had "Plenty" of..............one month ago. Still not answering my emails. Just called, no answer and they even have the testicles to say on their website that they won't be answering the phones because they are just so busy processing orders. WELL I SURE HOPE ONE OF THOSE ORDERS BEING PROCESSED IS MINE!!!!! Giving them one more week and then I'm calling the credit card company and telling them to cancel the charge.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHEISTER COMPANY!

"Very slow shipping and ZERO customer service."

"had some issues but they have worked them out with me and I will do biz with them again...."

modified review This review was modified by Excelerater on August 22 2012 03:02:47 PM

derps's Avatar
NC

"These guys typically ship your stuff the same week. They have awesome prices on ammo (usually), and they answer their phone (usually).

My only gripe is with tracking. They show your order as "in process" even after shipping. I want to know when ammo is arriving at my door, so this can be frustrating. That said, I always get what I pay for, within a week or ten days , max, and I am pretty happy with the folks at Wideners.

modified review This review was modified by derps on August 09 2012 09:15:32 AM

"My last took order took nearly 4 weeks. I was warned of a 2 1/2 week delay, so not horrendous. Product is good. Prices are good. Shipping is Okay. "

"I ordered 2 cz-82 pistols on 5/6 2012 on line. Emailed my dealers ffl copy.Order shipped on 5/8 and was at my dealer on 5/10.Both guns were in better than described condition. I am very happy with this company and will gladly purchase again."

modified review This review was modified by mickeydonofrio on May 25 2012 05:32:03 AM

Share Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply's store rating

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply is not a merchant member
Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!