Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply Reviews - wideners.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 5.50/10 18 reviews

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply is not a merchant member
Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Been in the firearms business for years, and this company is the worst I have ever delt with. Two weeks after I placed an order that was in stock and was told it would ship within two days nothing!! Called three times during normal working hours to have their answering machine say they are closed. Finally got through to someone who treated me like crap and got a bad tracking number. Called again and guess what closed during normal working hours again. 4 days have passed since the over night packiage was supposedly shipped. Going to file fraud charges with my bank."

modified review This review was modified by FirearmsDealerOR on February 20 2014 01:21:09 PM

"placed order over phone due to website problem. They charged my card before the call was over. It is now a week no e-mail to confirm no response to my e-mails. I have done online orders for 20 years-this is the worst ever.I am sending registered letter tomorrow to cancel."

modified review This review was modified by herbertlee on February 03 2014 05:12:00 PM

"I placed an order on 12/28/13 for 2000 rounds once fired Lake City 5.56 brass. My order arrived on 1/09/14 with 2000 rounds of mixed
headstamp brass that was 50% junk, saw brass, necks flatened, dented shoulders, etc.
I will never place an order with this company again!
I have requested a prepaid UPS label to return the order and
a refund. I also filed a dispute with my credit card company
because their customer service sucks.

modified review This review was modified by kodokanron on January 10 2014 07:47:37 AM
No. Calif. USA

"I have used Widener's several times and have had NO PROBLEMS, whatsoever.

Once, I forgot to order the Sierra Reloading Manual with my order and sent them an email the next day (before the order was processed), asking if they could add the manual to my order.

NO PROBLEM, answered "Mary" in Customer Service. And so my error was rectified by Widener's Customer Service, along with a prompt email verifying the correction.

I have been looking at some of the remarks by people complaining about several merchants and I am beginning to believe some people do not know how to deal with customer service personnel.

Remember these folks are only human beings like you and I and if I approach them with a mean-spirited attitude, they will probably respond likewise! There are always exceptions, of course!

"I just received my first order from Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply. I called to verify the .32 Auto ammo I wanted was in stock, placed my order, which included uploading a copy of a photo ID, and I received verification the same evening that the order had been filled and shipped. I received the order today via UPS, five days from order date."

modified review This review was modified by Jan-H. on July 01 2013 12:35:05 PM

" This is my 4th C&R gun purchase thru Widener's and I am fully satisfied with each order. When I read each review, I see some people need to have more patience and calmness."

modified review This review was modified by JamesSeigle on June 25 2013 08:39:40 AM

"My first C&R firearms order from Wideners exceeded my expectations in both speed of delivery and quality of the pistol that I received. I will definitely look at them again for future purchases."

modified review This review was modified by j4jenk on April 26 2013 07:33:49 PM

"I can't believe that a single one of those positive reviews didn't come from someone tied to the business. (That happens alot on these sites BTW). I ordered an item that they told me the had "Plenty" of..............one month ago. Still not answering my emails. Just called, no answer and they even have the testicles to say on their website that they won't be answering the phones because they are just so busy processing orders. WELL I SURE HOPE ONE OF THOSE ORDERS BEING PROCESSED IS MINE!!!!! Giving them one more week and then I'm calling the credit card company and telling them to cancel the charge.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHEISTER COMPANY!

"Very slow shipping and ZERO customer service."

Rating 8/104/5

"had some issues but they have worked them out with me and I will do biz with them again...."

modified review This review was modified by Excelerater on August 22 2012 03:02:47 PM
derps's Avatar
NC
Rating 8/104/5

"These guys typically ship your stuff the same week. They have awesome prices on ammo (usually), and they answer their phone (usually).

My only gripe is with tracking. They show your order as "in process" even after shipping. I want to know when ammo is arriving at my door, so this can be frustrating. That said, I always get what I pay for, within a week or ten days , max, and I am pretty happy with the folks at Wideners.

modified review This review was modified by derps on August 09 2012 09:15:32 AM
Rating 8/104/5

"My last took order took nearly 4 weeks. I was warned of a 2 1/2 week delay, so not horrendous. Product is good. Prices are good. Shipping is Okay. "

"I ordered 2 cz-82 pistols on 5/6 2012 on line. Emailed my dealers ffl copy.Order shipped on 5/8 and was at my dealer on 5/10.Both guns were in better than described condition. I am very happy with this company and will gladly purchase again."

modified review This review was modified by mickeydonofrio on May 25 2012 05:32:03 AM

"Warning to all consumers considering purchasing any product from Widener’s Reloading and Shooting Supply! My name is Mike and this is a review of my first and very last purchase from this company. On September 12 2011 I was shopping online for several things including a new Lee Challenger Breech Lock Reloading Kit, Widener’s was one of many companies that had this kit available at a good price so I ordered it along with some other items thinking the transaction was done, I then waited 7 days for it to get here via UPS, upon arrival I felt like a kid on Christmas morning opening his gifts all was good and I inspected every item in the box piece by piece only to find in the Lee box numbered 90030 I received only 1 breech lock bushing I then got on the computer and went back to their website because I believed that their listing of the Lee 90030 explained that you would receive 3 breech lock bushings. Now before you say to yourself well that was just a typing error and you can just buy the bushings from them separately for a minimal cost. Let me explain what happened next. I called Widener’s the next morning and spoke to a lovely sounding lady explaining that the ad stated that I was to receive 3 breech lock bushings she put me on hold, at that time I was thinking she was looking up my information and was going to be getting back on the phone to explain to me that she(Widener’s) would take care of the issue and send me out the bushings I did not receive as per their web page listing, but instead she got on the phone and explained to me that they do not open the boxes received from Lee and that it was Lee’s fault and politely gave me a phone number to Lee’s customer service department so I called Lee and another very polite lady answered the phone I then explained to her that I had purchased a 90030 from Widener’s Reloading Supply and it was missing 2 of the bushings, the Lee representative then explained to me that the packaging had been changed some time back and the newer 90030’s being shipped did not come with 3 bushings, she apologized to me and then told me that Widener’s was informed about this change via a letter so they could update their web site and explained to me that Widener’s was responsible for the missing bushings. Now before you blast me, yes the cost of the bushing are minimal ($7.99 from many places). I called back to Widener’s and explained that I had called Lee as per their request and found that they (Widener’s) should have made corrections to their (Widener’s) web page, the same lovely lady explained that it was not her fault but it was the web page guys fault, then transferred me to the web page guy, he then explained that he was sorry and the web page would now reflect that you (the consumer) would only receive 1 breech lock bushing with the purchase of a 90030 Lee Challenger Breech Lock press kit, so I asked if I could expect to receive the promised bushings from them and he said that he would ship them to me if I paid for them freight free of course. Now before you say to yourself “what a complainer he could pay for the bushings and everyone would be happy” think to yourself for a minute, if you owned a supply business that relied on repeat business would you treat your customers this way. I’ve been in the retail business for 30 some odd years and I’ve worked for my self , independently owned companies and even corporations and never would I have thought one minute about taking care of the consumer (us) on the very first call i would have stepped up, sent out those bushings apologized to the customer. Then found out what may have happened with the web site, corrected it before it could happen again and then every body would be happy! Now just so you know the cost on these bushings to a company such as Widener’s is less than the advertised price of $7.99 is it really worth the hassle to send them out or even offer the consumer (us) a discount on a future purchase ask yourself how would you handle this then you will see the kind of representation this company (Widener’s Reloading & Shooting Supply Inc.) has and then you can make up your mind about doing business with them. Also I have a copy of the web page in PDF form showing that I did not make this up you judge for yourself if this is right or wrong. Thanks again, Mike

"I've purchased ammo from Wideners twice and have been very pleased both times. Very quick shipping. Good prices. They will continue to get my business."