• Address: Los Angeles, CA
    • Contact: info@weaknees.com
    • Phone: 888-932-5633
    • Customer Support: 888-932-5633
    • Business Hours: Website orders: 24/7 Email support: 5a.m-10p.m. M-F 7a.m.-10p.m. Sa/Su. Phone support: 9a.m.-5p
    • Fax: 310-861-5900

"Thank you for your speedy service on my tivo box...Your the best!!!!!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by thebig9 on June 30 2014 12:38:37 PM

"For all the pain of losing my Tivo, Weaknees made it somewhat bearable. After an amazingly fast response to my email they diagnosed the problem, bad hard drive. I ordered a new one (doubling the capacity was a great bonus) and it arrived a couple of days later. It took longer for the Tivo to reboot than it did to put the new drive in. Now, if they could make the recordings I lost come back....."

"I cannot tell you how pleased I am with my service from weaknees! I expected my machine to
be gone 4-6 weeks but the day they received it from me it was repaired and sent
back to me...on the same day. I'm very thankful to Tivo for recommending this
company to me. I've had my machine for 7 years on the lifetime time and thanks
to weaknees my plan is still intact. I highly recommend weaknees to everyone!

"Just a note to verify how easy your kit made replacement of my Tivo drive. I have a series 2 with lifetime service - a few days ago, it began to miss updates. When I called Tivo, they diagnosed the issue as a failure of the device to communicate and download updates. However, I do have a 2nd Tivo, and it did not have the same problem. A quick Google search brought me to Weakness Forum, and there I quickly determined that the issue was a hard drive failure after following instructions to test the drive.

I ordered a replacement and followed the included (very clear!) instructions. In 15 minutes, the Tivo was back online. After the program updates, the unit works flawlessly. And a great side benefit, the Tivo system information now shows that I can store up to 395 hours rather than the 40 hours maxiumum before the Weakness replacement.

In summary, this simple fix preserved my lifetime service and increased my recording capacity by nearly 10X. The pictures imbedded in the instructions were very clear and easy to follow - and included all the tools needed for the replacement. No need to hack the Tivo to format and replace a broken drive - it came ready-to-go out of the box. Great way to improve my investment!

"Excellent instructions, excellent serviceI I repaired my Tivo Series 3, the one with the cool display, not to mention the lifetime service. I'm thrilled with how simple and easy it was! Excellent service, great instructions and you've saved me a bunch of cash as I did not want to upgrade my TiVo box!"

"I was absolutely thrilled with the Weaknees service. I'd heard good things about them from friends, but even so, Weaknees exceeded my expectations. My TiVo has a "lifetime of the unit" subscription, so when the unit stopped working, I was worried I would have to upgrade to a more expensive unit, with more expensive service. But no worries, it was Weaknees to the rescue! They got my TiVo working again, *and* upgraded the hard drive, so it works even better than it did before, with more storage space on it. The price was reasonable, and the service excellent. Fast and accurate, and they even supplied an extra TiVo cardboard box for me, since I'd thrown away my old one some time ago. I can't recommend these folks enough. "

"I want to thank Weaknees for their excellent troubleshooting guidance. I learned about burst capacitors. I ordered a new power supply for my TivoHD. It was shipped and received promptly. It was easy to follow the repair instructions on their website. My TivoHD is running as expected and the family is happy."

"I just wanted to say thank you to Weaknees! To answer my questions within 30 min of me emailing you is unheard of these days. You shipped the external modem out to me and I recd it so fast. I was worried about setting it up myself since I'm so technically challenged, but your directions were crystal clear! My series 1 Tivo is now out of guided setup, made a daily call, and is getting all my guide information in. Thank you so much! You saved me a lot of headaches and heartache!"

"I read various forums and sites about how to repair your Tivo. The Tivo seems very basic, you have the hard drive, motherboard/circuit board, and the power supply.

I mean, I have built my own computer and upgraded others, how hard can it be. I have some knowledge. But when I could not find a definite answer to my problem, I remember about over 95% of the posts from various forums relating to Tivo that I read recommended Weaknees.com to repair the Tivo.

I went to Weaknees.com and paid for the "Flat Fee Repair Service" which was $149.00. So no matter what was wrong with the Tivo, it would not cost any additional money. They also ship the Tivo back to you from the $149 flat fee, so you do not pay extra for the shipment back.

I hate to just toss away money on a new hard drive, not to mention that I do not have the needed software to install on the new hard drive and maintain my lifetime subscription; a new motherboard, or a power supply. I did not know for sure what went bad and hate to replace parts that were good.

I sent the Tivo to Weaknees on 09/12/11 via UPS. They received it on 09/14/11. They then shipped it back on 09/16/11 and I received it on 09/20/11.

When I opened the box, there was a check list concerning my Tivo. It let me see that what passed and what did not pass. In my case, they replaced the power supply. I plugged the Tivo back its' "home" and it booted right up and everything worked like it should. I had no issues. My hard drive contained all my information I had on it before service, such as scheduled recordings "Season Passes", and my wireless network information. I did not have to reprogram anything.

A part of me stated that I could have saved some money and installed the power supply myself, but I did not know what was failing. Most of the forums claim it was the hard drive, but Weaknees.com fixed what was wrong without the guess work.

So I say thank you to Weaknees.com. It saves me from buying unneeded parts, buying a replacement Tivo, and the headaches of trial and error on discovering what was causing the issues with my Tivo.

"Thank you for all your help in repairing my Tivo unit. Most companies just tell you to send in your unit for an estimate of the repair and then charge you accordingly. I was pleased that your company helped me right on the phone and pin pointed the problem and the needed part with patience and courtesy. After receiving the part I was told how to confirm that a capacitor had burned out and how to complete the repair. You guys are top notch and you have made me a real hero to my family. Count on me to be using your company again for system upgrades and accessories."

"What an amazing company! They received my dead TiVo Series 1 on Friday afternoon, and the unit was fixed and returned to us on Monday afternoon, complete with a handful of new parts. Considering that a "lifetime" subscription for TiVo now costs $500, this repair was money well spent. If possible, I'd rate them as 6 stars, they really are that good at what they do!"

"This has been a great service experience w/ Weaknees. Replacing the power supply I ordered from them solved the issue with my Series 2 Tivo. Somehow, before the new pwr supply, adding the USB network adapter caused an issue with the video flickering or blacking out totally - but no flicker and no problems now. (per their suggestion, I had checked the capacitors, but saw no issue with them - and decided to try the new pwr supply anyway)

So I'm looking forward to (hopefully) years more free service from my lifetime Tivo subscription and this Tivo box - thanks to their pwr supply and advice, ... and an upgraded disk drive I had gotten from them a year or so ago when my old drive failed - which has worked flawlessly after a simple install.

Great response and help, great parts, fast ship!

Thanks so much Weaknees, for the service and parts you provide for Tivo owners.

Neal F - Tampa, FL

"I just want to add my 5 star rating for WeaKnees. Excellent written instructions, great phone service, and and fast shipping. The upgraded hard drive was installed with ease and worked great on my old RS-TX60 Toshiba DVR. Great company to do business with."

"I just purchased and installed a replacement hard drive in my older RCA, DVR120. It arrived in good condition, the instructions were easy to follow, I made the swap without incident and it works just like the original one did. Therefore I'm very pleased and would recommend Weaknees as a source for upgrading their TiVo DVR.

Bert Spangler
Eau Claire, Wisconsin

"The modem in my series 1 TIVO failed. I emailed WeaKnees several times for help and each time I got a prompt response, not in days, but in hours, even one on a Saturday afternoon. That's unheard of these days. I sent in my TIVO for the flat fee repair. The website said they would fix it in 3 days, and 2 days after it got there, I got an email saying it was fixed and on its way back to me. It now works perfectly. This is by far the best service I have ever gotten from any on-line company. Wow!"

Weaknees.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Weaknees.com is not a merchant member
Weaknees.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!