Stores > Wayfair

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.65/10 2.65/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.20/10 2.20/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.38/10 2.38/10

2016-05-14

Extremely Disappointed - No Communication- No Order- No Replies- Will NEVER Use Them -EVER!

"My husband and I purchased an island home in Honduras and we were looking to purchase furniture here in the States and have the items shipped to Miami for shipment to Honduras. A bit complicated I understand! However, we found some great patio furniture on Wayfair and ordered it with explanations as to where it was to be shipped ( a different address than our home/billing address). The day after we placed the order, it was abruptly canceled with little or no explanation. After a couple of phone calls, we learned that the problem had something to do with the billing address no matching our credit card address. That was untrue as the information was correct. After several more days and emails back and forth, we discovered that it is their "policy" not to allow first time buyers to use a different shipping address than the billing address. Again, we understood the security concerns and were willing to do whatever was necessary for Wayfair to verify that we were who we said we were!! They told us they would "check" into this and get back to us. We waited a couple more days and got NO response. NOTHING! Our order was close to $1000.00. We were able to successfully use several on-line stores and bought and successfully shipped items from Overstock.com, Walmart.com, Amazon.com, Home Depot and Harbour Freight. None of those retailers gave us such a hard time.
It is not so much that they had this policy. It was the total lack of response when they said they would check into the matter and did not. Poor, poor customer service.
They say that there is only one chance to make a good first impression. Wayfair blew it with us!

This review was modified by MaryandLyle on May 14 2016 11:17:53 AM

2016-05-13

"Order was easy and delivered quickly. Arrived in great condition."

2016-05-10

"The package has arrived broken, also because the packaging was very poor. The ship inside was brocken and we had to mend it.
It was loveless packaged.

Nice patio set!

"This set would have been perfect if I had received the hardware to put it together. Still waiting to put it together."

Great Experience but Long wait for certain items

"I ordered over $1,000 worth of product and when I received my bar chairs, and end table it was perfect. I'm also waiting on my coffee table and it's the exact same manufacturer but it's taking longer then the end table to get still waiting on it. I wondered why they were not delivered together. I have been receiving 1 piece at a time. My only issue is I ordered a couch and chair on 4/23 and it has not even shipped yet. I was told they are in a warehouse but it looks like It will be about 4 to 5 weeks before I receive them. If your in a hurry for big items, don't expect to get them in a timely manor. Empty house, still waiting. The "expected" delivery date is May 26th, other then that I think the products I have received so far have exceeded my expectations!!"

This review was modified by cherub299 on May 10 2016 01:55:57 PM

2016-05-09

more than satisfied!

"great value and quality products."

2016-05-09

Business purchase professional customer service

"Although we had a little hiccup with what was sent, Wayfair handled it professionally and took care of us like a champ."

2016-05-08

"The stairs stick on carpet pads looked burgundy in the on line photo. But when they arrived they are more of a brownish color. just a little disappointing. "

2016-05-06

"Sent the crib to my son and daughter-in-law. When it came a top piece was damaged. Wayfair was great to deal with. They sent out a replacement immediately and it came in a few days. They love the crib and would recommend it, and shopping on Wayfair, to others."

Everything as promised.

"The hall tree, coffee table, cubbies with hooks, over door hooks -- so far everything we've gotten via Wayfair has been as described. We spend quite a lot of Wayfair staff time getting answers (is this furniture solid wood, what wood exactly, what is the weight limit on this chair or that love seat, how are returns handled, etc. etc, etc) with the result that we have never had to use their generous return policy. We will get more things here for sure."

2016-05-06

"The item was delivered a day early!!!!!
I am waiting for help in setting it up. Should happen in a day or two.

Never Disappointed!

"I have recently made a considerable number of purchases for my new vacation home in the Desert, and have not been disappointed once in either the quality of the goods or the speed of delivery.The one time when dealing with a representative by phone ,I received the utmost courtesy,helpfulness and friendliness.Go Wayfair!!"

2016-05-05

"I can't write a review on something I still haven't yet. I ordered a sectional on 4/18/16 they shipped a damaged piece and now I have to wait 4 weeks for a replacement, REALLY??? I paid for the merchandise on 4/18 but won't get it until 5/26 or later. If zero was an option that would be their score. Customer service was absolutely no help."

Quick and Easy

"First time shopping with Wayfair. Product was of very good quality, fast service, and easy ordering. I will be ordering again!"

2016-05-05

Sears out and Wayfair in!!

"Love the website and the fact that they deliver to my door no matter how big the item. Very happy!!!"

Share Wayfair's store rating

Wayfair is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Wayfair is a merchant member
Wayfair participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,589 merchant members.