Stores > Wayfair

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.52/10 3.52/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.89/10 2.89/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Wayfair by clicking a star below.
2017-03-22

They do not post bad reviews on their own website

"To be honest, their goods are not bad. Prices most of the times are fair. However, when I wrote a review complaining about the horrible shipping experience, I did not find my review on their website after 3 weeks. Either did anybody from Wayfair contacted me to hear my bad experience with the 'white glove shipping service', which I paid a few hundred dollars for (if their intention is to help me address the issue in exchange of withdraw bad review). I found this action is 'cheating'."

This review was modified by JonquilHyena on March 24 2017 08:00:01 AM

2017-03-20

Furniture missing in action

"Ordered furniture March 6 delivery was set up for April 6. Now we are being told delivery April 24. 2 months to get furniture what a joke. And the worse part is no one seems to care in the company."

This review was modified by sandmtn03 on March 22 2017 03:00:09 AM

2017-03-13

Beware '24-hour shipping!' It does not mean 24-hour delivery.

"Just ordered a sleeper sofa from Wayfair.com in large part because of the website's promise of '24 hour shipping.' Was therefore very disappointed to learn, after making the $800 purchase that my estimated delivery date is in three weeks (one week past when my guests will need a bed to sleep on). When I called customer service, they explained to me that '24-hour shipping' does not mean '24-hour delivery.' Shame on me for not knowing the difference. Shame on them for mis-leading advertising. I will not be shopping at Wayfair again."

This review was modified by carawick on March 15 2017 07:45:01 AM

2017-03-08

Some great products but at least one total **** works there

"I signed up for Wayfair's Business Membership and had the pleasure of talking to a wonderful man. He set up my account and I placed an order. The next morning at 7:30 a.m. I got a call from my account person, David. Needless to say, calling at 7:30 is a little odd. Then he wants to discuss everything I talked to the "intake person" about, again. I explained that if they want business from busy working people, most aren't going to want to spend their time talking on the phone repeatedly with Wayfair. I explained to David that I was too busy to spend my time on the phone discussing what to buy from Wayfair and if that was part of the business membership I told him I didn't want constant phone calls. He told me he would make a note of that on my account. Shortly after that call, I got an email from Wayfair saying the item I had ordered under my Business membership was no longer available. Whether or not that is true is questionable based on my telephone call. When I next went on to Wayfair I discovered that David had arbitrarily removed me as a Business member. If this is the way Wayfair wants to do business, I am unimpressed. I have purchased a lot of merchandise from Wayfair even in just this last month. That will stop immediately. I could not be more disappointed in Wayfair's rude employee and his removal of my business membership. In fairness to Wayfair, they have some great products at great prices and at least one of their other employees is a jewel. Maybe they don't know about David, but in time I suspect they will. I only hope its before they loose all their Business members. "

This review was modified by prumonterey-58708 on March 10 2017 10:00:07 PM

2017-03-08

Im baffled!!

"I am desperate to find the rug w the silve haired man on the current T.V. com. 2016 or 17. I found it 3 wks ago and, not its vanished. Please help me. Ive gone thru 70k, my eyes are crossed, thumb is beyond tired... lisa"

This review was modified by manleylisa69 on March 10 2017 04:30:01 AM

2017-03-07

What Inventory System?

"By far not my worst experience with a furniture company but a very close second to the worst. I placed my order a week ago and was given a Ship and Estimated Delivery Date. Taking that into account I borrowed a desk in the mean time and asked my family to accept the delivery for me at their address.

A day before the delivery date I received an email saying there was a delay (the website said it was back ordered). I sent them an email asking if the my item, that was clearly marked "In Stock" when I ordered it a week ago, was shipped or not. No response, so the next day I gave their chat rep a chance. She offered a discount after hearing about the back order debacle, but couldn't verify if my order would be shipped today (the day it was originally supposed to arrive) or really any date for sure. After telling the rep of my intent to cancel my order, tracking numbers were "magically" supplied. I informed them any day beyond delivery tomorrow would be unacceptable. They asked me to monitor the tracking to see when the desk would be received. A few hours later FedEx updated the delivery from today (March 3rd), to tomorrow (March 4th) and then finally to Saturday March 11th. Clearly their rep didn't care to put "urgent" on my delivery for their screw up. I just finished my phone call into their call center to cancel my order and will be monitoring my credit statements for a full refund, which in all honesty might be "back ordered"...

Do yourself a favor order from someone else.

This review was modified by Shiggy on March 09 2017 04:00:09 PM

2017-02-24

Exceptional customer service!

"I ordered a shower door through Wal-Mart's website that was "sold and shipped by Wayfair". As the confirmation emails started arriving, I watched with apprehension as my nickel-trimmed, frameless 39-inch door slowly morphed into a bronze-trimmed, framed 36-inch door. I called Wayfair twice, and each time the phone was answered promptly by a native English speaker. The first time I called was for the color difference. CSR reckoned he might be able simply to have the correct color sent with the existing order so I could avoid having to wait for a refund (as Wal-Mart charged my card instantly). A couple minutes later I realized it was not just the wrong color, but completely the wrong model and size, so I called a second time. That CSR cancelled my order, then applied a price adjustment credit on the correct door to price match the Wayfair listing on walmart.com. It is truly a pleasant surprise and an enormous relief when a company empowers their customer service staff to make things right. Thank you Wayfair!"

This review was modified by calraith on February 28 2017 12:15:07 AM

2017-02-19

NEVER DELIVER

"Would have given zero stars but that was not an option.
I ordered a 4 drawer dresser on 11/23/16. After numerous shipment arrival date changes and Wayfair unable to locate dresser they relented and cancelled this order on 1/16/17 and placed a reorder. Well guess what? The second dresser turned up missing as well and again Wayfair was unable to obtain any information as to its whereabouts. I suspect theft is occurring somewhere either before or after it is shipped from Wayfair but don't know if they even care. After waiting some 75 days Wayfair threw up their hands and cancelled the second order with no reorder placed. They simply washed their hands of it.

Ironically they are very quick to place the charge on your credit card but are unable to deliver the product. I found it necessary to place two different disputes with my credit card company. Needless to say, I am thoroughly disgusted with Wayfair and would never consider ordering from them again.

This review was modified by JsScam on February 21 2017 03:15:01 PM

2017-02-18

We don't know why we screwed up your order, but... sorry you feel that way!

"Placed order. Clear shipping address, with confirmation email. Subsequent email has totally different, incorrect address. Have to call to fix their mistake, explained clearly, written off without an apology.. finally resolved. Move on. Delivers to the wrong address anyway!!! Have to talk at length to them again to get it sent to me. Dont process the discount code I gave them. Don't even bother sending it priority after all of their mistakes. The bed arrived chipped... sure, I could have gone to great length and personal expense to resolve the chip. But is it even worth it at that point? No compensation offer beyond "take the bed apart and send it back in again." Of course you know that no one will do that. Completely ridiculous!!! Oh and something along the lines of "sorry we can't fix our mistakes via express mail." So I've still yet to receive something that was supposed to arrive almost a week ago. Never mind the large number of orders I'd placed and all of the money I'd spent. When I told them I was unsatisfied with the service? Oh, you bet. "Sorry you feel that way." I'd rather shop somewhere that doesn't take their customers for granted and behave so flippantly forwards their repeated inadequacies and failures."

This review was modified by Causeyrob on February 21 2017 12:30:12 AM

2017-02-13

Get a return shipping quote in writing!

"I contacted the Wayfair sales dept. and asked them about the color of a chair and ottoman. I asked if I weren't happy with the color what it would cost to return them. I was told the shipping return charges would be about $30. I placed the order based on that quote and figured I didn't have a lot to lose if the color didn't match our other furniture. Well the color was O.K., but not for the price we paid. So I called Wayfair and was told it would cost $170 to return ship the chair and ottoman! So not worth it. I was very disappointed...felt I'd been conned. Not only that but I found out later the identical item was available through Amazon for $120 less! So my advice is first shop around for a better deal, and secondly, if you do go with Wayfair, get the return shipping charge quoted in writing."

This review was modified by docwatson_2 on February 27 2017 05:04:49 PM

2017-02-11

"Love the choices and prices! Fun to shop here!"

This review was modified by beela on February 14 2017 12:30:06 AM

2017-02-03

Backorder nightmare

"I ordered a dining table and two benches back in December of 2015. Multiple delays into January with them swearing it would ship January 31st. Feb 1st rolls around and I get an email that it is now going to ship in *May*!! I called them can cancelled the order. No apologies no nothing (at least I got my money back). Dining room still empty months later.

I will be taking my business to a reputable retailer now where I can at least get a feel for the actual timeline, Wayfair lesson learned the hard way.

NOTE: Order is canceled so I cant find the exact original order date.

This review was modified by rshirlen on February 07 2017 12:15:07 AM

2017-02-03

THREE MONTH SHIPPING!!!

"****BUYERS BEWARE****

I want to share my experience with wayfair - their slogan being "its just better when the big stuff ships free." WHAT A LIE!

We ordered a table the beginning of November and FINALLY got it February 1st!!! -- almost THREE MONTHS after it was ordered. At first we thought the customer service was nice and that they were trying their hardest to get our table to us...no.
We called no short of 10 times, exchanged about 20 emails with them...and it took our table being lost, found, then lost again (two months after we ordered it) for them to finally ship us a second one. We literally were given the run-around for MONTHS! I have never been so mad about a purchase in my life.

And the tracking? Forget about it. The tracking would change daily. Every week it would say "package delayed, you will be contacted in the next 2-3 days with an update" but we would never be contacted. WE ALWAYS HAD TO CONTACT THEM!

They gave us $200 off the purchase price but when you have to wait a quarter of a year to get your items and call/email every other day...we should have been given our full purchase price back, and until that happens I will continue to share this story on every social media platform/review page possible. AND IF I WERE YOU I WOULD NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING BIG FROM WAYFAIR, especially if you need it within 3 months.

CHERRY ON TOP: HARDWARE FOR ONE CHAIR WAS MISSING WHEN THE TABLE FINALLY GOT HERE ALMOST THREE MONTHS AFTER THE PURCHASE. So, still waiting on that. They expedited it so maybe it will get here in a few weeks.

My husband and I tried to be nice and understanding. He works for the USPS and understands delays happen and we don't like giving bad reviews ever but this was just too much.

This review was modified by stacicrochet on February 07 2017 12:15:06 AM

2017-01-27

As easy as Amazon!!

"Love it....Just as easy as amazon!!"

This review was modified by mickies on January 31 2017 12:02:00 AM

2017-01-23

the shopper who picked a winner

"very impressed with all the products I could could spend all day just looking for the best one and with the best price but I pick a winner this morning so ill be late for work but ill have a smile yea ill"

This review was modified by michaelvu on January 25 2017 06:00:02 AM

Share Wayfair's store rating

Wayfair is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Wayfair is a merchant member
Wayfair participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,428 merchant members.